Sports Interactive Community
Jamesbfc1887

[FM20]- Barnsley - Profit Over Points!

That isn't a dreadful month all things considered

March:

9e23e627aab6e4221f59facd07ccddf86a4be720

February saw the reintroduction of Sami Radlinger into the starting 11, Brad Collins had pretty much had the number 1 shirt on lock-down this season, after a string of excellent performances early on in the season. Radlinger looked destined to leave at the end of his contract, with him becoming increasingly unhappy about his lack of match time. Once reintroduced he made a couple of excellent performances no more than in the game against Cardiff which he denied a late Robert Glatzel effort from point blank range in an otherwise bland affair.

a25edcd4403afd0eacbce6746da10ed90b9841ce

Ayyyy, got him down from his original £8k a week to £6.5k. We'll not talk about all the bonuses :stop:

Our next defensive performance was not as sturdy as the last two. 3-0 at half-time a stern word in their ears rejuvenated the hapless bunch, goals from Schmidt and Wilks kept the scoreline somewhat respectable.

Well this was it, the biggest game of our season. We were desperate for 3 points and that's exactly what we got! C'monnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

cad8e5c83fb6f4bdf8a25edb9224ea51cfa7fc7b

Thoroughly deserved may I add!

22463f2f8738739e629ed231a280e013a7726916

This is what we've been rocking in the games against weaker opposition that I think we have enough to beat. I had a lot of success using it in the beta at Man Utd, where I won the league in the first year with 1 defeat! There's a few differences though, we don't play out from the back and hit early crosses, we can't string more than 5 passes together so by limiting the unnecessary tippy tapping around hopefully we might find some success.

Didn't show it to avoid being told what a terrible tactic it is :lol:

Bielsa inspired when played in its true form I guess.

03b1c4a6817a87e3d47f8291a2965e0eac493f86

Ohhhhhhhh what a game!!!! Malik Wilks what a goal son!!!! 94th minute winner to take us out of the relegation zone with 6 games to go, unbelievable!!!!

dff42fca0344fce18cf652c34207d24e5ffb9953

Wow, we did brilliantly in those last 2 games, without those 2 wins we'd be done for.

Charlton are almost gone but Millwall still have a game in hand, nervous times ahead!!! 

5 hours ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

Poulsen has been really poor in honesty, very disappointing so far. 

The ratings system is broken mate. SI have acknowledged its being looked at. You basically have to win 3-0 for certain players to get a rating that's anywhere near their actual performance. 

13 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

The ratings system is broken mate. SI have acknowledged its being looked at. You basically have to win 3-0 for certain players to get a rating that's anywhere near their actual performance. 

Ah ok, we've been playing relatively well recently so I guess he's been playing ok in reality.

3 hours ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

Ah ok, we've been playing relatively well recently so I guess he's been playing ok in reality.

Yep I won a domestic quadruple in Singapore and I had 1 player get an average rating over 7 over the season. Only 6 players in the entire league managed it. 

So it's defo broken, like a lot of things in this year's version. 

Edited by kiwityke1983

2 hours ago, Adamm90 said:

Good luck with the run-in @Jamesbfc1887

How is Mowatt doing for you?

He's been one of the strongest performers this season. Not that it means much to be honest. :lol:

The Run In:

a0e10edb18c823282d725d0bf44c2fb2bcf3cc97

Another decent result, against playoff hopefuls Stoke. A vital equaliser from Dougall he hasn't featured much this season but what a huge impact he may well have had on the season as a whole, with a huge goal.

ed9b27d68f990987a6ba019d12c6e839964ac1e4

Well then! Ermmmmm not sure what happened tbh. We were already 6-1 up by the time  McManaman was sent off as well, absolutely mental scenes. We really needed a performance from the lads and boy did they deliver!!!

The crazy thing is we went 1-0 down and I thought that was the end of me and this save!

52f90645f519685792aef3916dc69bf04adef407

Well here we go these are the teams that are in trouble going into the last few games of the season. Look at the terrible run we have, I mean realistically we have to beat Forest in order to have any chance of survival as I really can't see us taking much from the other 3 games, perhaps a point in one of them.

Charlton look dead and buried

Forest have been on an awful run since January and we've finally overtaken them, hopefully they don't find it again in the last 4 games

Millwall worry me, they have much easier fixtures than us and their form really isn't that bad, 4 wins out of 7, if they keep that up they'll finish above us for sure.

Derby, a tough run in for the Rams but, they still have that quality to really pull off something with a bit of star quality we just don't have.

Huddersfield, they'll be fine 6 points clear with 4 games left should be good enough for them.

Not sure which way it'll go, I'm worried that all our good work in the last 4 games will be undone by the tough run in. 

3 hours ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

The Run In:

a0e10edb18c823282d725d0bf44c2fb2bcf3cc97

Another decent result, against playoff hopefuls Stoke. A vital equaliser from Dougall he hasn't featured much this season but what a huge impact he may well have had on the season as a whole, with a huge goal.

ed9b27d68f990987a6ba019d12c6e839964ac1e4

Well then! Ermmmmm not sure what happened tbh. We were already 6-1 up by the time  McManaman was sent off as well, absolutely mental scenes. We really needed a performance from the lads and boy did they deliver!!!

The crazy thing is we went 1-0 down and I thought that was the end of me and this save!

52f90645f519685792aef3916dc69bf04adef407

Well here we go these are the teams that are in trouble going into the last few games of the season. Look at the terrible run we have, I mean realistically we have to beat Forest in order to have any chance of survival as I really can't see us taking much from the other 3 games, perhaps a point in one of them.

Charlton look dead and buried

Forest have been on an awful run since January and we've finally overtaken them, hopefully they don't find it again in the last 4 games

Millwall worry me, they have much easier fixtures than us and their form really isn't that bad, 4 wins out of 7, if they keep that up they'll finish above us for sure.

Derby, a tough run in for the Rams but, they still have that quality to really pull off something with a bit of star quality we just don't have.

Huddersfield, they'll be fine 6 points clear with 4 games left should be good enough for them.

Not sure which way it'll go, I'm worried that all our good work in the last 4 games will be undone by the tough run in. 

Done well to get back in it. You looked dead and buried at Christmas.