Jamesbfc1887

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March:

9e23e627aab6e4221f59facd07ccddf86a4be720

February saw the reintroduction of Sami Radlinger into the starting 11, Brad Collins had pretty much had the number 1 shirt on lock-down this season, after a string of excellent performances early on in the season. Radlinger looked destined to leave at the end of his contract, with him becoming increasingly unhappy about his lack of match time. Once reintroduced he made a couple of excellent performances no more than in the game against Cardiff which he denied a late Robert Glatzel effort from point blank range in an otherwise bland affair.

a25edcd4403afd0eacbce6746da10ed90b9841ce

Ayyyy, got him down from his original £8k a week to £6.5k. We'll not talk about all the bonuses :stop:

Our next defensive performance was not as sturdy as the last two. 3-0 at half-time a stern word in their ears rejuvenated the hapless bunch, goals from Schmidt and Wilks kept the scoreline somewhat respectable.

Well this was it, the biggest game of our season. We were desperate for 3 points and that's exactly what we got! C'monnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

cad8e5c83fb6f4bdf8a25edb9224ea51cfa7fc7b

Thoroughly deserved may I add!

22463f2f8738739e629ed231a280e013a7726916

This is what we've been rocking in the games against weaker opposition that I think we have enough to beat. I had a lot of success using it in the beta at Man Utd, where I won the league in the first year with 1 defeat! There's a few differences though, we don't play out from the back and hit early crosses, we can't string more than 5 passes together so by limiting the unnecessary tippy tapping around hopefully we might find some success.

Didn't show it to avoid being told what a terrible tactic it is :lol:

Bielsa inspired when played in its true form I guess.

03b1c4a6817a87e3d47f8291a2965e0eac493f86

Ohhhhhhhh what a game!!!! Malik Wilks what a goal son!!!! 94th minute winner to take us out of the relegation zone with 6 games to go, unbelievable!!!!

dff42fca0344fce18cf652c34207d24e5ffb9953

Wow, we did brilliantly in those last 2 games, without those 2 wins we'd be done for.

Charlton are almost gone but Millwall still have a game in hand, nervous times ahead!!! 

5 hours ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

Poulsen has been really poor in honesty, very disappointing so far. 

The ratings system is broken mate. SI have acknowledged its being looked at. You basically have to win 3-0 for certain players to get a rating that's anywhere near their actual performance. 

13 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

The ratings system is broken mate. SI have acknowledged its being looked at. You basically have to win 3-0 for certain players to get a rating that's anywhere near their actual performance. 

Ah ok, we've been playing relatively well recently so I guess he's been playing ok in reality.

3 hours ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

Ah ok, we've been playing relatively well recently so I guess he's been playing ok in reality.

Yep I won a domestic quadruple in Singapore and I had 1 player get an average rating over 7 over the season. Only 6 players in the entire league managed it. 

So it's defo broken, like a lot of things in this year's version. 

Edited by kiwityke1983

The Run In:

a0e10edb18c823282d725d0bf44c2fb2bcf3cc97

Another decent result, against playoff hopefuls Stoke. A vital equaliser from Dougall he hasn't featured much this season but what a huge impact he may well have had on the season as a whole, with a huge goal.

ed9b27d68f990987a6ba019d12c6e839964ac1e4

Well then! Ermmmmm not sure what happened tbh. We were already 6-1 up by the time  McManaman was sent off as well, absolutely mental scenes. We really needed a performance from the lads and boy did they deliver!!!

The crazy thing is we went 1-0 down and I thought that was the end of me and this save!

52f90645f519685792aef3916dc69bf04adef407

Well here we go these are the teams that are in trouble going into the last few games of the season. Look at the terrible run we have, I mean realistically we have to beat Forest in order to have any chance of survival as I really can't see us taking much from the other 3 games, perhaps a point in one of them.

Charlton look dead and buried

Forest have been on an awful run since January and we've finally overtaken them, hopefully they don't find it again in the last 4 games

Millwall worry me, they have much easier fixtures than us and their form really isn't that bad, 4 wins out of 7, if they keep that up they'll finish above us for sure.

Derby, a tough run in for the Rams but, they still have that quality to really pull off something with a bit of star quality we just don't have.

Huddersfield, they'll be fine 6 points clear with 4 games left should be good enough for them.

Not sure which way it'll go, I'm worried that all our good work in the last 4 games will be undone by the tough run in. 

The Run In:

a0e10edb18c823282d725d0bf44c2fb2bcf3cc97

Another decent result, against playoff hopefuls Stoke. A vital equaliser from Dougall he hasn't featured much this season but what a huge impact he may well have had on the season as a whole, with a huge goal.

ed9b27d68f990987a6ba019d12c6e839964ac1e4

Well then! Ermmmmm not sure what happened tbh. We were already 6-1 up by the time  McManaman was sent off as well, absolutely mental scenes. We really needed a performance from the lads and boy did they deliver!!!

The crazy thing is we went 1-0 down and I thought that was the end of me and this save!

52f90645f519685792aef3916dc69bf04adef407

Well here we go these are the teams that are in trouble going into the last few games of the season. Look at the terrible run we have, I mean realistically we have to beat Forest in order to have any chance of survival as I really can't see us taking much from the other 3 games, perhaps a point in one of them.

Charlton look dead and buried

Forest have been on an awful run since January and we've finally overtaken them, hopefully they don't find it again in the last 4 games

Millwall worry me, they have much easier fixtures than us and their form really isn't that bad, 4 wins out of 7, if they keep that up they'll finish above us for sure.

Derby, a tough run in for the Rams but, they still have that quality to really pull off something with a bit of star quality we just don't have.

Huddersfield, they'll be fine 6 points clear with 4 games left should be good enough for them.

Not sure which way it'll go, I'm worried that all our good work in the last 4 games will be undone by the tough run in. 

Done well to get back in it. You looked dead and buried at Christmas. 

Run In:

efc917b527bb83b4211c45df4c91032fac3c6870

Oh dear, that was always going to happen wasn't it? Kieffer Moore scores against us to potentially send us back into League 1 :seagull:

I have to say I though we deserved at least a point given the chances we spurned.

3c1b682583bd6c5a48e161bf1105657651488e6b

Well we went toe to toe with Leeds and thoroughly deserved a point, Jacob Brown provided that huge moment at Elland Road 15 minutes from time!

c4a8f64c8e0fd5150939a72cbbf44a0969353ce5

Charlton are gone but we've known that for a while.

Our next game is Forest at home, what a huge game that is, a win could potentially be enough for us to survive.

Millwall are still a real danger and I'd be devastated if we were relegated from this position!

Nottingham Forest (H)

Today we enter a huge relegation dogfight with Nottingham Forest. A huge 6 pointer, a win would send Forest down and surely save us from the drop!!!!

The Teams

Why-is-Jeff-Stelling-not-hosting-Soccer-Saturday-on-Sky-Sports-again-today-1192638.thumb.jpg.aea03e34be4af00634782061c70a26cb.jpg

(Imagine Jeff's saying this bit :lol:)

"Well there's some uge games going on in the Championship this afternoon, the top two places are already decided but down at the bottom the opposite is certainly true, as we head to Johnny Phillips with news from Oakwell"

N4QF52AnF7SweyeQ.thumb.jpg.b35c9dca5d9b422c0ab96e05ce1e8773.jpg

(Johnny Phillips)

"Yes indeed Jeff, the hosts have won 2 of their last 3 at home and face a Forest side who have only won 4 times away from home this season. Today's massive relegation 6 pointer at Oakwell as Nottingham Forest face Barnsley!"

"Barnsley make no changes from their vital 1-1 draw against Leeds last weekend, with goalscorer Jacob Brown missing out on a starting spot"

"Barnsley will be hoping top scorer Malik Wilks, who has 10 goals this season can come up with a moment of inspiration, whilst top assister Alex Mowatt is only fit enough for the bench!"

5f9303e42daf50c0f05aa6580d1ff2a1b6426c68

"Nottingham Forest make 1 change from last weeks loss to Swansea, with midfielder Ryan Yates making way for Alfa Semedo"

"A loss for Forest would relegate them and failure to win would effectively relegate the two time European Champions due to an inferior goal difference"

4d7fcb3e88c3682cf3eb75517153adca1892b0a9

Why-is-Jeff-Stelling-not-hosting-Soccer-Saturday-on-Sky-Sports-again-today-1192638.thumb.jpg.aea03e34be4af00634782061c70a26cb.jpg

"Of course the other game that matters down at the bottom end of the table is Millwall's short trip across London to Loftus Road, Michelle Owen is there for us, Michelle...."

Michelle-Owen-Sky-Sports-Football-4.thumb.jpg.4dca97038c9ba5d63be41848f96d7c5e.jpg

(Whenever she brings in the scores for Barnsley we always lose, so she's staying far away today :lol:)

"Yes Jeff, Millwall come into this one in horrific form only 1 win in their last 6 games, when it looked at one point they were almost guaranteed safety!"

"However they'll fancy their chances against a QPR side with an abysmal home record and with next to nothing to play for"

"Thank you very much Johnny and Michelle, stay tuned for the next 2hrs or so to find out who may well be playing League 1 football next season, kick off is next!"

"We'll be back in 60 seconds, count em"

Edited by Jamesbfc1887

Why-is-Jeff-Stelling-not-hosting-Soccer-Saturday-on-Sky-Sports-again-today-1192638.thumb.jpg.bc9a181d9127971ac1bb56bbf1c89d1a.jpg

"Well there's been a huge huge!! goal at Loftus Road, remember Millwall go into this game 2 points adrift of safety, but who has got it?"

Michelle-Owen-Sky-Sports-Football-4.thumb.jpg.f4d36d5b65aded3e942648f0cf91f792.jpg

"It's gone to QPR Jeff and it's Matt Smith of the QPR variety who fires home from just inside the Millwall area to give his side the lead!"

Why-is-Jeff-Stelling-not-hosting-Soccer-Saturday-on-Sky-Sports-again-today-1192638.thumb.jpg.01cc4a1ae42e2adcaf0576cb0cb21201.jpg

"What a huge!!! goal that is at the bottom of the table, with Barnsley currently drawing 0-0 against fellow stragglers Nottingham Forest, it leaves Millwall 3 points a drift on 40 points, Forest now leapfrogging Millwall into 22nd place"

"There's been a huge huge chance at Oakwell but for whom Johnny Phillips?"

N4QF52AnF7SweyeQ.thumb.jpg.65abfcf5b991eee0140f33d6118b2c54.jpg

"Yes Jeff, Barnsley have smacked the upright from point blank range, left wingback Andreas Poulsen really should have put his side ahead in a pretty lacklustre game all in all"

Why-is-Jeff-Stelling-not-hosting-Soccer-Saturday-on-Sky-Sports-again-today-1192638.thumb.jpg.01cc4a1ae42e2adcaf0576cb0cb21201.jpg

"And there's been a second goal at Loftus Road!!!!!!, Nahki Wells heads QPR's second goal of the game, which could all but relegate Millwall before half time!!! Unless they can find a miracle in West London"

"Elsewhere Barnsley still hold Forest 0-0 in the crucial game at Oakwell and Watford have sacked their 18 millionth manager of the season before the half time whistle after finding out his Spanish passport was indeed fake and he was actually an estate agent from Devon"

"With just 10 minutes of the games remaining time is running out for Millwall and Nottingham Forest to find a result, as it stands both would be effectively relegated due to such an inferior goal difference"

"But there's been a goal!!!!!! And it's gone to Millwall!!!, Michelle Owens is there"

Michelle-Owen-Sky-Sports-Football-4.thumb.jpg.c6b5284f22990f64124e3100b33b761e.jpg

"Jon Dadi Bodvarsson gives Millwall a much needed lifeline, with just under 10 minutes to go MIlwall have found a way back into the game through a low Shane Ferguson cross, 2-1"

"Goalllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelivable scenes at Oakwell"

"Joao Carvalho gives Nottingham Forest the lead!!!!! Oh wait Jeff, he's been given offside, a late flag by the assistant on the far side denies Forest in the most dramatic style with less then 5 minutes to go. Surely that's Forest's last chance to stave off the drop!!"

We enter the last minute of added time at both grounds, oh and there's been a late late goal, but where? but for whom?!!!!

It's been disallowed, Millwall thought the'd equalised but no, John Dadi Bodvarsson thought he'd snatched a point for the Lions with a last gasp Denzel Washington (equalizer for those less inclined ;)and it's all over at Loftus Road and it looks like Millwall will be playing League 1 football next season"

"The final moments are still going on at Oakwell"

"And it's all over 2 time champions of Europe Nottingham Forest are all but relegated and Barnsley survive!"

"Incredible scenes at Oakwell, fans on the pitch they should be arrested cause it's actually trespassing but I'm not sure anyone cares Johnny Phillips"

"To borrow a certain phrase from a good mate of yours, that was unbelievable Jeff!!! I've not seen anything quite like this in a very long time. Possibly one of the worst games I've seen all season but the Barnsley fans do not care one bit about that, the main talking point was that late offside call against Joao Carvalho off Nottingham Forest which would have changed the entire complex of the game and the season".

"It certainly seems that in all likelihood Barnsley will survive!!!"

So after all that, this is what the League table looks like!

aca7894b6aa278dd006421c30a130ca719d74cf5

We effectively survive!!!! C'monnnnnnnn!!!!

6 hours ago, higgins said:

Staying up was vital, now it's time to improve the squad, any targets? 

48 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Nicely done!

Thanks, not sure on how I'm going to build this team up. I need to decide how and what formation I want to play before I can recruit.

23 hours ago, Adamm90 said:

How's the pre-season going?

The data update is around the corner, I've changes in mind, but if you've any comments regarding the data, feel free to PM me. Genuinely would like the feedback. @Jamesbfc1887 @kiwityke1983 @silcock69

Well I've not managed to do much, been really busy over the Christmas period so haven't played FM for a week or so.

I'll see what I can think of, it's a hard task deciding whether how to rate the players for FM I imagine, do you judge it on the recent upturn in form or the garbage that was the first 3/4 months of the season.

On 28/12/2019 at 05:27, Adamm90 said:

How's the pre-season going?

The data update is around the corner, I've changes in mind, but if you've any comments regarding the data, feel free to PM me. Genuinely would like the feedback. @Jamesbfc1887 @kiwityke1983 @silcock69

Definate massive downgrade required for Toby Sibbick. He's probably one of the worst players I've ever seen at this level in the 30 years I've watched us. Came on the other day was booked and skinned 3 times before he even touched the ball, the lads a no hoper. My opinion of his abilities drop every time I see him play. 

Upgrade for Chaplin as currently he's not even good enough to be considered for a position in the team never mind as a starting player. 

Everyone else seems about fair enough. 

22 horas atrás, kiwityke1983 disse:

Definate massive downgrade required for Toby Sibbick. He's probably one of the worst players I've ever seen at this level in the 30 years I've watched us. Came on the other day was booked and skinned 3 times before he even touched the ball, the lads a no hoper. My opinion of his abilities drop every time I see him play. 

This is probably the worst player ever, according to your description. 

Cheers,
Bitner

6 hours ago, Bitner said:

This is probably the worst player ever, according to your description. 

Cheers,
Bitner

He's up there. The lads useless. 

And my description of him being booked with his first "touch" 20 seconds after being brought on then skinned a further 2 times before he even got a touch of the ball is an accurate description of his performance. 

He'd struggle to get in some Sunday league sides. I honestly don't see any ability or potential in the lad. 

I'd also add its no surprise to me that we've suddenly started picking up points since he was dropped. Our defence is also looking much more defence like.

Sibbick was the massive weak link. He's constantly out of position, never blocks a cross (I don't think he's managed it once yet this year), he's skinned constantly. He essentially looks like a lad who's been selected by lottery from the crowd when he's on the pitch. 

National league level player at best IMO. 

He's right up there with Adrian Vivash as the worst defender to play for us at Championship level I've seen. Difference is Vivash played twice and wasn't an ever present until mid-November.

Edited by kiwityke1983

51 minutos atrás, kiwityke1983 disse:

He's up there. The lads useless. 

And my description of him being booked with his first "touch" 20 seconds after being brought on then skinned a further 2 times before he even got a touch of the ball is an accurate description of his performance. 

He'd struggle to get in some Sunday league sides. I honestly don't see any ability or potential in the lad. 

I'd also add its no surprise to me that we've suddenly started picking up points since he was dropped. Our defence is also looking much more defence like.

Sibbick was the massive weak link. He's constantly out of position, never blocks a cross (I don't think he's managed it once yet this year), he's skinned constantly. He essentially looks like a lad who's been selected by lottery from the crowd when he's on the pitch. 

National league level player at best IMO. 

He's right up there with Adrian Vivash as the worst defender to play for us at Championship level I've seen. Difference is Vivash played twice and wasn't an ever present until mid-November.

I've seen some atrocious performers in Corinthians throughout the years, but according to this, he's up with the worst of the worst. I'm sad to read this description of a player, i just remember the team who was relegated in 2007, was a bunch of Sibbicks

Cheers,
Bitner 

Just now, Bitner said:

I've seen some atrocious performers in Corinthians throughout the years, but according to this, he's up with the worst of the worst. I'm sad to read this description of a player, i just remember the team who was relegated in 2007, was a bunch of Sibbicks

Cheers,
Bitner 

I'm guessing you don't watch the Barnsley matches?

As someone who's watched every game this season bar Carlisle in the cup and Bristol City in the league. Sibbick is right up there as one of the worst players I've seen Grace a professional football field. 

As someone on Facebook described him "Sibbick can play in every position on the pitch, just a shame he's terrible in all of them"

I almost feel sorry for him because he's clearly miles out of his depth. It's just so obvious when you watch him week in week out, which sadly I did for about 4 months. Thankfully he's been dropped the last 6 or 7 games, which is miraculously when we've started picking up points. 

Not a coincidence at all in my opinion. 

He needs a massive downgrade because on FM I've seen him play for England U21s, get sold for between 4 and 10 million and play in the Premier league. 

8 minutos atrás, kiwityke1983 disse:

I'm guessing you don't watch the Barnsley matches?

As someone who's watched every game this season bar Carlisle in the cup and Bristol City in the league. Sibbick is right up there as one of the worst players I've seen Grace a professional football field. 

As someone on Facebook described him "Sibbick can play in every position on the pitch, just a shame he's terrible in all of them"

I almost feel sorry for him because he's clearly miles out of his depth. It's just so obvious when you watch him week in week out, which sadly I did for about 4 months. Thankfully he's been dropped the last 6 or 7 games, which is miraculously when we've started picking up points. 

Not a coincidence at all in my opinion. 

He needs a massive downgrade because on FM I've seen him play for England U21s, get sold for between 4 and 10 million and play in the Premier league. 

I don't. I'm Brazilian. I'm playing the guessing game, and having a lot of fun with you guys ranting. But the good thing is: i never saw this atrocity playing.

Cheers,
Bitner 

Bit of an overreaction to Sibbick here I’m afraid. The game in question that has been described Sibbick was brought on as a left back (seriously?) when it’s been blatantly obvious to anyone who’s watched him that he doesn’t have a left foot at all, so this was just a recipe for disaster.

Poor lads only 20 year old, I’d be disappointed if any reds fan has wrote him off yet nevermind calling him a none league player at best.

6 hours ago, silcock69 said:

Bit of an overreaction to Sibbick here I’m afraid. The game in question that has been described Sibbick was brought on as a left back (seriously?) when it’s been blatantly obvious to anyone who’s watched him that he doesn’t have a left foot at all, so this was just a recipe for disaster.

Poor lads only 20 year old, I’d be disappointed if any reds fan has wrote him off yet nevermind calling him a none league player at best.

Hes been hopeless in every position he's played, which is all across defence and in midfield. He was best in midfield but still not good. 

And its undeniable since he got dropped is when we started to look somewhat capable at the back. 

He needs a massive downgrade on his FM stats as he bares no relation to the actual real life player. 

On 02/01/2020 at 05:06, kiwityke1983 said:

Hes been hopeless in every position he's played, which is all across defence and in midfield. He was best in midfield but still not good. 

And its undeniable since he got dropped is when we started to look somewhat capable at the back. 

He needs a massive downgrade on his FM stats as he bares no relation to the actual real life player. 

Can I just say, I actually think Luke Thomas could be worse than Sibbick. I've never seen a winger/attacker less willing than him to take his man on never mind beat him. Completely useless!

23 minutes ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

Can I just say, I actually think Luke Thomas could be worse than Sibbick. I've never seen a winger/attacker less willing than him to take his man on never mind beat him. Completely useless!

Hang on he's just scored a screamer against Crewe ;)

Wierd you say that my Dad whilst watching his YouTube highlight reel the club put together called me up and said he thought he was bobbins as he runs down blind alleys, never looks up and has no end product. 

That was from his "highlight reel" haha. 

Bahre is up there as a pretty rubbish player. He's a poor man's Moncur, loads of talent just chooses to use it once every 15 games as opposed to Moncurs 4 or 5.

Nobody though is worse than Sibbick I'm afraid for me. God I've enjoyed not having to watch him the last few weeks. 

2 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Wierd you say that my Dad whilst watching his YouTube highlight reel the club put together called me up and said he thought he was bobbins as he runs down blind alleys, never looks up and has no end product. 

That was from his "highlight reel" haha. 

Bahre is up there as a pretty rubbish player. He's a poor man's Moncur, loads of talent just chooses to use it once every 15 games as opposed to Moncurs 4 or 5.

Nobody though is worse than Sibbick I'm afraid for me. God I've enjoyed not having to watch him the last few weeks. 

Thomas is garbage for anything other than coming off the bench against tired legs. Can't beat a man yet he's got great pace and agility.

We definitely need a load of new players in January but I can't see that happening. Still think we'll be playing in League 1 next season.  

5 hours ago, Jamesbfc1887 said:

Thomas is garbage for anything other than coming off the bench against tired legs. Can't beat a man yet he's got great pace and agility.

We definitely need a load of new players in January but I can't see that happening. Still think we'll be playing in League 1 next season.  

Agreed on us being in L1 next season. Was mildly confident until Derby in the week and the defence reverted to type. IE as secure as sieve. 

Personally thought we'd be pretty much down by now after that 20 game run of no wins or whatever it was. Done well in December to keep it tight points wise. 

• 3 months later...

Barnsley_FC_svg.png.3614c6fd4a554e9758b19c1230c47f56.png

oakwell-keith19d488af42579775.md.png

Barnsley Football Club Season 1:

Inked086e1632be90f67524b3ae7e4748de3a_LI

So as you can see a fairly strict club vision, yet entirely realistic will certainly provide an interesting challenge in order to stay on the right side of the board.

b2f430170b468e3ace264068adf4f1b37dc686bb

And just to emphasise how out of place this squad is in the Championship!!! 

Now before I start my Barnsley save I'd like to outline some stipulations with the save to try and give a sense of realism, I'll focus on Austria and the German lower leagues, as well as the UK and a little smattering of the Nordic countries.

I will also be trying to follow transfer fee and wage restrictions, altough they are in the game with the club vision they are not enforced explicitly, so for the first season I won't be spending over £1,000,000 on one player outright and there will be no loans (without the option to buy at the end of it).

I would also like to try and base signings somewhat off statistics etc...

So here is how we got on in the window...

Transfers:

Outs:

2cf2e5e2e8eb88c8d812b94c9745d4bf5c1ecc17

We managed to remove some of the excess wages, which I'm sure the board will be pleased about. Thiam and Pinillos both being far too old for this team at 24 and 26 respectively.

Simoes is perhaps a deal I regret considering the injury list we now have in the forwards department but he'll certainly get more game time at Morcambe than here. Also we are trying to loan Ben Williams out after the acquisition of a better left back

Ins:

3daaa7f4bc64ef1e4f20c9635a7e702196f0f73f

4a2c9ca37db74171c8cae674407b33fa1d4d2071

Efkan Bekiroglu, I think he's fairly well known to the EFL thread or as a decent purchase in FM this season. Looks like a player that can provide a little bit of X factor to the team. This is a very Barnsley type signing actually and should help out across the midfield.

43b7a17c1420b4203136bff4b92721b573af7362

George Evans of Derby county, joins us on a season long loan and all importantly with the option to buy for £1.2million. A defensive midfielder who will primarily act at the base of our midfield.

b697779eb993b0c139fd97ecf784cf95b97c45ac

Well I couldn't help myself to another Leeds youngster, that's 4 this summer from Leeds. They do seem very willing to let them go, it has to be said but we'll take him. Perhaps not quite good enough for the Prem but he'll grow into a Championship left back for sure.

Barnsley_FC_svg.png.e44479d001570a7286e3a4e7030c8397.png

oakwell-keith.thumb.png.aa9e708a899a382d2b4cd4afc247e1fe.png

Barnsley Season 1:

Tactics

97ce183358d6738afa3d71aae2d456a3ec43a7a3

I genuinely don't have a clue whether this system will work or not, I absolutely hate trying to build this kind of system. I'm hoping we'll be effective on the break and be able to hurt teams with our pace up top.

As alluded to by @warlock a Mezalla and a carrilero will be necessary to try and combat the lack of width and to cover the full backs to some degree, Ritzmaier should suit these roles fairly well as a make shift wide player already. Trial and error I guess but the important thing is that 50 points will do just fine, considering how my last attempt went.

George Evans will hopefully be able to drop back into the half back role and provide some cover for the lack of defensive minded layers in the  midfield 3, whilst also covering the wing backs, should they push higher up the pitch.

Sollbauer and Halme will be the two centre backs, Odour and Jordan Williams will be the starting full backs.

Barnsley Season 1:

Results:

We certainly had an interesting pre-season which hardly filled me with much confidence I have to say. But the league campaign started strongly against one of the promotion favourites Fulham and in all truth it was a game we really should have won, wasteful finishing from Conor Chaplin costing us 2 points on the opening day.

Next we made the short trip down the M1 to junction 36 (probably) and to Hillsborough. Where we would take on Sheffield Wednesday, we were quick to assert our dominance in the game with Conor Chaplin once again spurning the opportunity to put us 1 up. A string of great saves from Wednesday keeper Keiren Westwood ensured things were level at the break. Until a calamitous piece of keeping from a tame Michael Sollbauer header put us into a deserved 1-0 lead. Just 10 minutes later Cauley Woodrow was taken out inside the box, resulting in a penalty for the Reds Efkan Berifoglu and a chance to seal all 3 points at Hillsborough for the first time since 2009!!!! (I think). 2-0 and game over!!!!

The reserves trotted out for the cup game securing a 1-0 victory before we would entertain Charlton a few days later. Goal for the Reds!!!!! It's new signing Efkan Bekiroglu!!! With a stunning finish from the corner of the penalty area. Chance after chance came and went before finally 2-0 and the points look surely secured against a poor Charlton side, Marcel Ritzmaier with the goal but.... Objects flying everywhere in my office as Jonny Williams produces not one but two unbelievable strikes to earn Charlton an unlikely and undeserved point. But 5 points from games is a decent start.

Birmingham vs Barnsley:

Our first loss of the season came in Scotland to university town, no sorry that's the wrong St. Andrews... Anyway this was another game where poor finishing from my strikers would once again haunt me, a poor result in a fairly boring affair was certainly not the way we wanted to go into an important game against Luton.

Barnsley vs Luton:

This was one for the ages!!!! That or a display of how not o play right back by Killian Ludewig, with possibly one of the worst performances I've seen in a while. An injury to Jordan Williams which should keep him out for 2 weeks at least, almost cost us dearly. I bet Kazenga Lua Lua  couldn't believe his luck!!!! He was the best player on the pitch skipping past our hapless right back multiple times and bagging a goal and an assist. A Woodrow double gave me more confidence he can fire us up the table this season, with some attacking quality at last. Crucially this game also happened to be the first game back from injury for top prospect Jacob Brown, hopefully there's a lot more to see from him!!!!

Wigan vs Barnsley:

Unfortunately the main talking point before the game was the ankle injury suffered by Woodrow in training on Thursday, this injury would keep our key player out for 1 month.  On the day we were comfortably dispatched by Wigan. A dismal performance.

Barnsley vs Leeds:

We came into the Yorkshire derby looking to change our slump in form, which had seen us only pick up 3 points from the last 3 games. This was not going to be an easy challenge against pre-season title favourites Leeds! But actually my team more than surprised me, with an excellent display. Chaplin putting us ahead early on before an equaliser from Leeds captain Liam Cooper but with the last kick of the game former Leeds man Clarke Odour smashed in a volley from the edge of the area following a poor headed clearance Ben White. 2-1!!!! And we take all 3 points in dramatic style.

Forest vs Barnsley:

This was a story of two absolute bangers! Joe Lolley with a volley from 30 yards, which surely will go down as goal of the season. But we swiftly replied through possibly my new favourite player Efkan Berifoglu, quite how he's playing for us I do not know, his delivery from set pieces and all round play is unbelievable.

Barnsley vs Brentford:

Another huge bonus 3 points in a fixture I could only dream of getting a result in at the start of the season, Brentford had 3 disallowed goals!!! Yes 3, i felt sorry for them but we also had a fair few chances ourselves and I couldn't care less where those points come from.

Barnsley vs Derby:

An absolutely dire game of football, a typical, cold midweek game.

Preston vs Barnsley:

This is the first time I've really started to worry about our levels of performance, such a poor game on our behalf. These are the kind of performances we have to avoid if we want to stay up this season. Completely out classed!

4ebeeba0561bb134ab157940f2087411760d4951

Table:

abb97933ffffee524ffeb603314fbf0712f0cb53

I'm very happy with how we are doing so far this season, 15th and 9 points clear of the drop. I've seen us drop off a cliff before so I'm not counting my chickens just yet!

If we can avoid some of the injuries we've had so far in the season we can stay up I'm sure of it.

We may well look to strengthen the squad in January but there is basically no money left mainly because I did this....

9ece70106fadb47ce38313e6ee85a85f3c22cbae

Tom Adeyemi, this man seems to have an unfortunate amount of experience at getting relegated from the Championship but I think on his day he can be a good workman for us. But he's injured already, I should have known, he does have a reputation for it :rolleyes:

7617d2d991266519b15be359dc8ea0eefa734d3b

A decent prospect for a nominal fee.