The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I'm going for it.  Custom database downloaded to level 15 in England. I absolutely wanted to play with teams with youth intake players from a foreign country. But in order to select them I had to hope for promotion... I planned to try five times because this team has a low reputation and had recently risen to level 8 but after one attempt... they have been promoted and I can select them.  

I'm talking about... FC Romania 

Played with them on FM19 but stopped playing after reading about problems after brexit . A smart FM guy ( @Jimbokav1971) said .. do and play how you want, i'm doing it :) . FC Romania get only Romanian players , no second nationality.

I'll have 17 players with 2 youth intake players from last season for this challenge. Added a few 'fake' faces because i want to have a squad full of real faces.

28092972.png.d62da3befb2f02395538ccc2cd0b0dc5.png

FC Romania | Start Season 1 20/21 | Southern League Premier South

Game setup | Database 1  | Database 2 | Overview Season summary Facilities | Squad Transfers | Finances

2ed5d4228a70f2b9c90a960aa6ddab78.png

b340b547620325a135cff155daf8ef28.jpg

d6d5b5370acad2982b165ed278f58146.png
Shared 3000 (285 seats) ground with Cheshunt.

Best players

Placinta : My creative midfielder, only experience in third divison of Romania , 2th season at FC Romania.

Ichim : My ball winning midfielder, played in third and second divion of Romania, 2th season at FC Romania.

Cirjan  one of my three starting strikers, played in third and second divion of Romania, 2th season at FC Romania.

Stoica : Best central defender, played in third division of Romania, 2th season at FC Romania .

Best prospects

Giurgiu (20a) : Only two players from first class available , a big central defender .

Good luck. :thup:

Hi guys. I have a question for you if that's ok. I should have thought of you lot and come here 1st now I think about it. 

I'm doing a Youth Only save and started in Tier 10 in England. 

I'm to League 1 now and things are going great, but I'm having issues with solidarity payments. It's easier to link you to the thread I made in GQ.

Any thoughts you might have would be much appreciated because I'm guessing you guys encounter exactly the same things. 

image.png.96420cf650761e691e2558be6f127549.png

2066/67 Annecy FC season review - French Ligue 1

The League

We made an absolutely shocking start to the season, with only 1 draw from our first 10 league games. I was criticized for sticking to the same tactics. But when I changed, things were just as bad.
I went back to my familiar tactics of the past few seasons and slowly managed to climb up to 15th position. The board wanted a top half finish, but are being very patient with me due to how far I've taken the club.

No European competition next season.

Europe

We limped through a fairly weak group, finishing second to Atalanta and ahead of Coruna and Valerenga.  Our chances were extinguished in the first knockout round as we went down 3-5 on aggregate to Porto.

The Players

The standout player and only real star of the team is Alain Sabatier YP60a.

He is now a regular in the French National team and was a starter in the World Cup team that finished 3rd.

I've declined several offers for him, the highest being 96m pounds. He is not happy about it and that disruption may have contributed to our poor season. I have agreed I will accept a bid for 110m pounds. But with our poor season, the bids are going down, not up.

Transfers

image.thumb.png.a491da761be5c10c668b13a31630191f.png

19 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

I have agreed I will accept a bid for 110m pounds.

Man Utd just offered 81m up front, 17m over the next 12 months and 12m after 10 international games. Plus 20% profit on next sale. But that is likely to be zero.

Does this count as 110m?

Follo FK

800px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Season 2020 (Season 1) Review - PostNord-ligaen Avdeling 1 - Norway

League | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Ahhh! It's good to be home again. So I went with my usual lopsided 4-5-1/4-3-3 and we kind of struggled a bit at the start, but once the players got used to it, we did much, much better. It's an example of the "stick with it" philosophy I have for tactics. The first 10 league matches of the season ended with 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses. So not horrible, but certainly not great. I stuck with it and the last 10 matches of the season ended with 9 wins and one loss (a 1-2 home loss to Bryne, the league champion). So we did better as the team gelled more and got used to how we played. Without the sloppy start, I think we could have had a chance at promotion seeing as we finished 1 point behind the playoff spot. So I'm very happy with the season and I think we have a shot at promotion next season.

In NM we lost in the 1st round on pens to Mjølner as it were in the very start of the season when we struggled with the tactic.

Youth intake

Youth preview - The intake preview came the same date I took over the club and it looks great.
Youth intake - Not as good as I had hoped, but the general level seems good.

Ian MacDonald 20a - A Norwegian-Canadian, doesn't see that every day. A good and versatile player, but not sure where I'd put him.

apeVFD5.png

17 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Man Utd just offered 81m up front, 17m over the next 12 months and 12m after 10 international games. Plus 20% profit on next sale. But that is likely to be zero.

Does this count as 110m?

I'd say yes, especially if it's likely he will play 10 international games.

10 minutes ago, XaW said:
28 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Does this count as 110m?

I'd say yes, especially if it's likely he will play 10 international games.

I decided to think on it and they withdrew the offer. Decision out of my hands.

BADGE.png.5781c3304e0bfb77f4669b84e7a5d607.png

Transfers   Intake   Table   Squad

We won the league in our first season in the top flight (with 2 games to spare no less). The finances are still very much in the red and the best players coming through the youth intake are okay. From memory we enter CL at the 2nd group stage qualifiers and I'm expecting to go straight to one of the lesser competitions as ther's no way we win the 3rd knockout match. Hoping for some sort of funds so I can do something, anything, with the facilities. 

1793102623_TRACKER1.thumb.png.8af70a90e388d3bd5f0e36b84784d523.png   1632551503_TRACKER2.thumb.png.8058c40f1f0113be81867f450dca1587.png

Short fast update.. Lost my only GK , only DMC (Ball winning) and best DC because they won't talk about a new contract.

I suppose this is what youth challenge after one year holiday is all about but only having 14 players left and no GK is hard, maybe to extreme ? or is this abnormal ?

8e8ed8efd12c80cf0f5a722bdfeb6b6e.png

faf6fd646dcc71a97fa3e4a3fde17950.png

This is what is left in my entire squad.

Edited by OlivierL

Well my first season in Belarus was interesting.

Starting with a 12 man squad plus the restriction on having to have 2 under 20 players in my starting line-up meant a lot of greys played.

It was a tough old season fortunately I ground out enough results to avoid the drop.

The Cup provided a brief respite getting through to the 3rd round.

Starting squad:

1100954508_FCDneprMogilev_Players.thumb.png.0fa24b9d389cb359a689db15dbb49b7c.png

League table

1512530371_BelarusianFirstLeague_Stages.thumb.png.fe0987e2b9bcb7f332716e617f4ceaf6.png

Fortunately the youth intake didn't look too bad when it came through

1022159843_FCDneprMogilev_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.e1f3fe8f7fcbdae32442f989631cdc54.png

The top four players were signed to full contracts

Transfer screen

1549684714_FCDneprMogilev_TransferCentre.thumb.png.774bec398d14a8b365164cf4f9427d85.png

Edited by Swindon69

492775786_KFUMSilkeborg.png.0788d304108f1339c7d5ccfb3fbeb8da.png

Season 28/29

NordicBet Liga

Finish 8th

Season Summary

Another 8th finish. We are well and truly established now. Our best season although as we were never at risk of either relegation or promotion not a very exciting one. The gap to promotion places is still huge

Same old in the cup - out in round 2.

Players

Simon Heine - Put last seasons disappointing season behind him and was back to his normal free-scoring self. 27 league goals gave him this:-

29heinetopscorer.thumb.JPG.10aa163e7769be4d0eb9cb094ceebbfd.JPG

Martin Sorensen 26B - Only 19 and one of the most important players in the team. Making noises about wanting to join a bigger club and with only one year left on his contract I'll probably lose him soon.

Youth

Another great intake. Lot of green promises made:-

29youthpreview.thumb.JPG.baf01f2d3c9d9f3271e498e234508fcd.JPG

and a really good intake when they came through.

29youthintake.thumb.JPG.f44ede1b19126d695e34e497f6f07746.JPG

Henrik Hansen 29A is good enough to walk straight into the first team.

My last 3 youth intakes since my last upgrades have beenamazing. I can't wait to upgrade it more!

Disapointingly though, the strikers again have 4 and 5 finishing. Pretty much every striker to come through I've ended up retraining in another position. Check Ilir Musta 29B - obvious right winger! At least 3 of my midifelders came through as strikers as well.

Finances and Improvements

Loads of money in the bak but still no improvements sanctioned. I think it's beacause we are still semi-professional so I've been begging for us to become fully proffessional, but no dice yet.

Next season worries me a bit. Our last 3 youth intakes have been so good that at least 4 are ready for the first team. I've had to change tactics to accomodate them all as well, whcih always worries me. My main ambitions lie off-field - go proffessional, upgrade rcruitement and junior coaching.

My 5 star youth pull from a couple of seasons back? sold with a hefty future sell on?

29goodbyesellonclause.thumb.JPG.7d4a3351d3dbf8358c38fca067c4efdb.JPG

little bit annoying, that. I'd love t still have him!

seasonsummary8.thumb.JPG.4c3443018f388dfc209164b72cfe04c7.JPG

940018313ca653ced22869cd.png

Nuneaton

2020/21

Manager Profile: Crowy 2020

Club Profile

(Click to View)

750770586_NuneatonBorough_Profile.thumb.png.b298dd0d8196c1d19395629deb6a6c0d.png

Squad

(Click to View)

1205726652_NuneatonBorough_Players.thumb.png.30ccdac997ed05a19d14ea5bbce9e2a0.png

Season Preview

(Click to View)

83291834_VanaramaNationalLeagueNorth_SeasonPreview.thumb.png.b28b0d49b425848b740dbe52cc64c271.png

So I've decided to have a break from the other challenge I'm attempting and thought I'd give this another shot, the club I decided on was Nuneaton. Mostly down to their finances looked better than the rest of my options, not that the finances will last long... When I took over they had 16 players in the first team squad and I can't afford my best players contract so Isaiah Osbourne will be leaving us sadly. So I've added they younger players from my youth teams and overall I'm quite happy with this squad.

CAREER PROGRESS

1272373997_YACProgress.thumb.png.920b6efa3d4095fd66213edf6e6e1156.png

7 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Short fast update.. Lost my only GK , only DMC (Ball winning) and best DC because they won't talk about a new contract.

I suppose this is what youth challenge after one year holiday is all about but only having 14 players left and no GK is hard, maybe to extreme ? or is this abnormal ?

That's not all that uncommon, more so the further down the ladder you go. Also, at amateur clubs (like where you possibly are?) it's even worse, since everyone can be poached at any time, and you have no way to tying down players to long term contracts. So the lower the league, the harder it is to keep the best players. Starting so far down, you are lucky to keep a good player for more than a few seasons.

33 minutes ago, XaW said:

That's not all that uncommon, more so the further down the ladder you go. Also, at amateur clubs (like where you possibly are?) it's even worse, since everyone can be poached at any time, and you have no way to tying down players to long term contracts. So the lower the league, the harder it is to keep the best players. Starting so far down, you are lucky to keep a good player for more than a few seasons.

In Denmark it seems youth players can be poached for free if they've less that a year to run on their contract. Annoying, especially when half the time the option to sign them for more than a year isn't there. I lost a few good prospects this way.

47 minutes ago, XaW said:

No that is true. My team is Semi prof. I'll continue the challenge :) 

8 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

Well my first season in Belarus was interesting.

Starting with a 12 man squad plus the restriction on having to have 2 under 20 players in my starting line-up meant a lot of greys played.

It was a tough old season fortunately I ground out enough results to avoid the drop.

The Cup provided a brief respite getting through to the 3rd round.

Starting squad:

1100954508_FCDneprMogilev_Players.thumb.png.0fa24b9d389cb359a689db15dbb49b7c.png

League table

1512530371_BelarusianFirstLeague_Stages.thumb.png.fe0987e2b9bcb7f332716e617f4ceaf6.png

Fortunately the youth intake didn't look too bad when it came through

1022159843_FCDneprMogilev_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.e1f3fe8f7fcbdae32442f989631cdc54.png

The top four players were signed to full contracts

Transfer screen

1549684714_FCDneprMogilev_TransferCentre.thumb.png.774bec398d14a8b365164cf4f9427d85.png

If I'm not wrong, it's not possible to enter Europe with this team. It was already mentioned in this thread but I don't know on which page.

12 minutes ago, Bartrcm said:

If I'm not wrong, it's not possible to enter Europe with this team. It was already mentioned in this thread but I don't know on which page.

Hi - just checked and it doesn't look like this issues been fixed, thanks for the heads up I don't want to waste my time.

766164.png.2da50267514e236b438f73ed0210ea75.png

Crispypaul
Floy

Norwegian 1st Division

League - Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Table - our decent starting squad stepped up a level.  At one stage we were challenging for promotion but tailed off at the end to finish in the play off places.  We won our first match surprisingly but lost the second to Egersund (with their 2nd successive promotion) but a good first season at this level.

Cup - Fixtures - beat some lower division sides until walloped in the 4th round by Kristansund

Finances - all our league prize money went on bonuses....still in net debt due to the underfloor heating so no further youth updates or facilities updates yet

Transfers - I have no idea why Bologna signed that player, he wasn't very good

Key players

Lasse Sigurdsen - another prolific season.  Also won league player of the year

Dardan Dreshaj - top scorer

Sebastian Fredriksen - flying left winger

Tobias Henanger - great in midfield again

Anders Hella - good on the flanks again

Johan Naglestad - solid centre back

Robin Fredriksen YP19b - our first youth product to be a first team regular, had to chase off some interest but he is here for now.  Also called up to the Norway U19 squad.

Youth Update

Intake: better this time around, top 5 tagged

1. Gunnar Larsen YP21a - beginning | season end - I am converting him into a winger as I don't use wing backs, going to try him in the cup

2. Astrit Kurti YP21b - beginning | season end - a couple of cup appearances but his low determination is an issue

3. Nils Kristian Akersvatne YP21c - beginning | season end - central midfielder made a couple of first team appearances

4. Van-Van YP21d - beginning | season end - Brazilian winger had a couple of first team appearances and I loaned him to a 2nd division side for the 2nd half of the season

5. Marius Grosnes YP21e - beginning | season end

Also another tagged at the end

Espen Sanden YP21f - will be going into 1st team squad next season 

2020 youth intake - all but one of the tagged players were released during the season 

Michael Andre Tvedt YP20b - can't see him lasting either

2019 intake update

Vidar Fone YP19a - sadly not progressed as well as I like, so going to loan him out

Jan Erik Alvestad YP19c - backup striker for now

Season	 	Division	Position		Cup		Notes						
2020    	D2	      	 1st      		  SF   		League winners, promoted
2021		D1		5th			4th

Future - a good start at this level, I am hoping to consolidate in this season and to develop youth as we'll get humiliated in the top division

Edited by Crispypaul

Follo FK

800px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Season 2021 (Season 2) Review - PostNord-ligaen Avdeling 1 - Norway

This season were really enjoyable, and we were quite unlucky to not reach the playoff. The point total would have had us as champions last season, so we did really well. The whole season was a three-horse race with Fredrikstad, Skeid and us. And we only lost a total of 3 league matches as well, but we did drew a few too many games and we had to pay for it. So we finished 3rd for the 2nd season running, and I hope we can do it next season.

In NM we beat Brumunddal, Eidsvold Turn and Flekkerøy before we lost to top tier (and real life current undefeated for 14 games leaders) Bodø/Glimt in the 4th round.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Looks good, although central defender is not a position I need at the moment.
Youth intake - Oh, wow! While I don't need a central defender, I'll certainly that THAT central defender.

Anis Derbali 21a - Now this is a player! He's close to the best one in the squad and were first choice throughout the season and did great.

feDjJI0.png

Nuneaton

2020/21

Manager Profile: Crowy 2021

Key Players: Callum Powell ~ Devon Evans ~ Jack Byrne ~ Joel Kettle ~ Luke Benbow

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

League Table

1408370754_VanaramaNationalLeagueNorth_Stages.thumb.png.2ec818866e75fec042fdea8151bc924c.png

Results I ~ Results II | Transfers

So after a horrid start to the season after around 15 games or so we sat bottom of the league... It was time for a rethink, as the sack was looming. I took some time and revamped my tactics and we ended up going on our best run yet, we reached the dizzy heights of 11th before crashing at the end of the season with 7 straight losses. While my stock was high though I managed to get myself a new 2 year extension on my contract. I'm not sure what to expect for next season thankfully my key players in my team all agreed to two year extensions too which should give me a little time to develop some of my youth intake, We were knocked out of both cups in the first round which I think helped us survive also.

Youth Intake

1302185403_YouthIntake.thumb.png.eeb3012cd80b93370e2088e6b42f13f1.png

Key Players: Sean Glynn 21A ~ Stephen Jones 21B ~ Emmanuel Alhassan 21C ~ Lucky Nnamani 21D ~ Rory Miller 21G

So we had somewhat of a Golden Generation intake which at this level probably doesn't mean much but I signed 11 players from my youth intake that had 3* potential or more. I'm mostly excited about Sean Glynn and Rory Miller who I think would be perfect to re train at CB to help us with cover there. Overall I'm very happy with that intake as it gives me great depth in the first team.

Challenge Progress

470669480_YACProgress.thumb.png.7009b4f1a853fbc7b01fb8520cb48ac9.png

Edited by Crowy

So my FC Romania save was dead after reading a lot of  potential issues with Brexit in the near future. Starting at the 7th tier is also to extreme and low but i love a save with Foreign regens like FC andorra, FC Romania . So i found a new challenge . NK Pajde Möhlin. A team playing in Suisse 5th tier , with Croatian Regens owned by Rakitic .. Great story, great logo (i love the Croatian flag) ...  Downloaded a custom database, had to reload once and they were promoted . Ionly had 13 players (deal with it , i hear you say) like i had at FC Romania .. so a bench full of grey players. 

After doing everything like giving the real players without a face, a real face, pre season, after taking all the screenshots I need to post about them here.. this happened:

af10705921ea82d0ceafc1fbdf7c667a.png
This means i have to play with 5 or 6 grey players.. and i can't use 8 of the 13 real players .. 

This can't be real rules ? So goodbye second challenge .. no clubs like this left so don't know what to do anymore.

Edited by OlivierL

1615347960_KFUMSilkeborg.png.708e8bb1884abad7aeabffc5a1c17261.png

Season 2029/30

NordicBet Liga

Finish: 6th

Season Summary

We're in a weird position at the moment. Too good to go down but still a long way from promotion. We managed to sneak into the promotion phase for the first time ever but we were never anywhere close to promotion. As a result we posted our largest ever average attendance (playing Silkeborg IF, who bring 4k away fans, twice a season will do that) and our smallest ever goals total. In our best ever season. It's still a young team, but it can improve a lot. the majority are still 21 and under

3rd round cup exit

Youth

Another golden generation but a disappointing intake when it came through

30youthpreview.thumb.JPG.0f4291b7c4a827357a8420f3500fd302.JPG

2139844425_30youthintake(1).thumb.JPG.b1b394d7b65efa388f9f2d46d90251ac.JPG

I only signed 3. I'm at that stage where I don't need to bulk my squad out so am only shining those with decent personalities and decent determination. None of them really excite me to be honest, i think the previous 3 intakes really spoiled me.

Finances and Improvements

Again, we're hampered by our semi-proffessional status. The board agreed to no upgrades except, again, our youth facilities. As soon as the season ended the board approached me about maybe spending more on our assistant managers wages. I suggested instead that we put it towards being proffessional. They said:-

30proffessional.thumb.JPG.2eb9ae0a96977c7b111825f163c630e7.JPG

It's a bit of a gamble but I need to do it to take the next steps. We're getting closer and closer, it's just a painfully slow process. But we're in a good position at the the moment, I just need to make sure we can keep our heads above water in the next few seasons.

season9summary.thumb.JPG.b738682417341d3980e1d46eab3e8e85.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss
i can't spell

One thing I have noticed, I get very few foreign players through the Academy now.

When I won the PL I had a squad with a number of different nationalities

Not sure if its because I am so far into the game or the fact I keep yo-yo-ing between the PL and Championship

22 minutes ago, Padders said:

One thing I have noticed, I get very few foreign players through the Academy now.

Not sure if its because I am so far into the game or the fact I keep yo-yo-ing between the PL and Championship

don't say this after what I posted above :o :)

31 minutes ago, Padders said:

I've found that having foreign feeder clubs helps, especially if you get the "mutual youth development" added to the feeder agreement.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

I've found that having foreign feeder clubs helps, especially if you get the "mutual youth development" added to the feeder agreement.

Not thought of that (never done it in over 200 years) :seagull:

Request gone in, let's see what comes back

Cheers

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Cheers

No worries, if you get one, let some time pass, then ask to negotiate it and select the option to "bring in youngsters" or something like that. That will increase the odds of getting young players from that nation. That's what I've done for quite a few of the ones I have had in my Austria save, like Malta and Sweden. The Mongolian one was random though.

SC Bastia - Season 2 (2021/22)

5b710dfb56fdb5aac613ed687662d2a5.png

League Table  | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Summary

It was always going to be a struggle after getting a season 1 promo - our squad was woefully thin and below the quality in many places. Also ageing............sure enough we were up against it all season, never slipping to the bottom but rarely being out of the bottom 5. Bouncing between the 2nd auto relegation spot, the playoff spot and the couple of spaces above. A mid season tactical switch gave us a short term kick, as so often is the case, before we slumped a bit. Our last 5 games were going to be crucial and the fixtures were relatively kind, giving us 2 teams below us, so we duley kicked on, and managed to finish 15th for SURVIVAL! 

Looking at the squad, its pretty obvious that our issue is we have no reliable source of goals. Last seaons top scorer Mesbah missed around 3 months mid season with an injury, and those stepping into his place were pretty poor. So much so, that our joint top scorers were a CB and a CDM! oh well, it was enough......

No forced sales this season which was good, we pruned the squad a bit with some releases pre-seaosn 

Financially things continue to be robust. we secured agreement to both youth recruitment upgrade (To "good") and also a Junior coaching upgrade (Although despite the board agreeing this, it still shows as only "adequate".....but eh, the intake suggests maybe it worked!). Finally we got agreement to upgrade our youth facilities at a cost of £1m

We again won through 3 cup rounds before falling to a team from our own division in round 10, so no great money spinning tie there 

Top Performer

Honestly, although survival was a great achievement, as as team no one player performed very well so lets move on........

Youth Updates

Kadiena Teme (YP01a) - I messed up a bit by not registering him for tdnhe first team (wrongly assumed all youths didnt need registered!) so he only played 2nd string games, but he developed nicely and looks ready to step in as a first team squad member

Licas Durand (YP01b) - Same as above, couldnt play for the main team until i managed to register him in Jan, he has not developed although did actually come off the bench in a late season game following an injury... and conceded 3 :D 

New Youth

Preview - Hey look, they are predicting yet another golden generation..........

Intake - Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit.....that might just be a golden generation!!! Looks an insane intake, the best i have had on any Fm20 save i think! ooof 

Julien Corre (YP02a) - We tagged a keeper last year, but this lad looks miles better. Probably ready to be our starting keeper already, given what we are working with in the first team. 

Gregory Le Berre (YP02b) - Holy smoke, those starting attributes!!!  What am i seeing here......into the first team you go lad! 

4a7673e1955c83d9e02f29375019d41c.png

Nuneaton

2020/21

Manager Profile: Crowy 2022

Squads: Main ~ U23's ~ U18's

League Table

2010221669_VanaramaNationalLeagueNorth_Stages.thumb.png.6689d365e471e5184c391efecb493e97.png

Results I | Results II | FA Cup | Transfers

A slight improvement on last year at the beginning I was getting good results and trying to rotate my younger players in busy schedules but it was proving they just simply weren't good enough. The good thing about Nuneaton is they are pretty self efficient financially, I think we made a profit of around 70K last year with us also reaching the 1st round of the FA Cup I think it was. The board are pretty happy with us just surviving as well so there is no rush to massively push on with the youth yet. Some of my better players are getting on  bit now and I think the real test in this save will come the season after next.

Youth Intake

779769559_Crowy_Inbox.thumb.png.efdc551bd17f5d58a9ca764f8bf8d39f.png

Key Players: Tom Thomson 22A ~ Luke Hillerby 22B ~ Charlie Rogers 22C ~ Anthony McGregor 22D

We had something of a "Golden Generation" again and I signed around 12 players, I'm really excited by Tom Thomson he will be a starter for me this season as I play with a BBM and he fits that role perfectly. The rest I'm pretty meh about any advice on how to best develop them loaning out? training with first team and available for reserves? I tried the latter last season and not many have developed too much since you last saw them.

Career Progress

1050517355_YACProgress.thumb.png.fc012e698496c50c9973d2553bad88a2.png

3 hours ago, Padders said:
7 hours ago, XaW said:

Cheers

We have a Dutch feeder club and most seasons get a Dutch youngster in our youth intake. 

Maybe having foreign staff members might help too. It might be coincidence, but we often get a youth player as the same nationality as one of our staff.

17 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

We have a Dutch feeder club and most seasons get a Dutch youngster in our youth intake. 

Maybe having foreign staff members might help too. It might be coincidence, but we often get a youth player as the same nationality as one of our staff.

Yeah I've had lots of foreign HOYD over the years. Current one is from Ecuador.

Don't have any foreign coaches though. Good point. Will look into that as well

Follo FK

800px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Season 2022 (Season 3) Review - PostNord-ligaen Avdeling 1 - Norway

Ahh, there we go. A great season for us. We were in the lead throughout most of the season, and we won it with 3 matches to go. Then we had a bit of a tumble after it was clinched when we lost against a couple of the poorer teams, but I think the minds of the players were gone at that point. I am really happy with the defence this season as we only conceded 14 goals, so things are looking good. Now onto the 2nd tier in Norway, where we will most likely meet a few professional teams. I have met a few in the cup, and we have done well against them, so I hope we can stay up.

In NM we beat Stjørdals-Blink, Bryne and Jerv before losing to top tier Haugesund in the 4th round.

Youth intake

Youth preview - We only had one decent goalkeeper at this point, so very happy to see we are getting one.
Youth intake - Happy with the goalkeeper, but disappointed with the rest.

Olav Kinsarvik 22a - He will go straight in as 2nd choice since we really only had trash behind our first choice.

MF7Jhfz.png