The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Portugal is proving a huge struggle, at least with my chosen team. None of my players are worth anything and being part time, does not seem likely to change :( Expect poor intakes for a few years to start but with no cash and no players, even decent ones, taking on any value..........this might be over :(

Whats the story with France on this? Not seen many attempts in that part of the world - is the league setup complex? I am mainly thinking Russia, but france could be tempting.........

Sport Clube Angrense - Season 3 (2022/23)

4d2fd11311523e2e18059589a3e0c208.png

League Table  | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Summary

A bit of a down season again, we started off very poorly and we were in relegation trouble as far as 8 or 9 games into the season. We picked up a few results but inconsistency plagued us and despite a late surge with 3 wins in our last 4 games we ended up in a disapointing 10th place.

We lost in the first round of the cup. But the crazy rules mean we then made a run to the 4th round, where we lost to top division Vitoria Guimaraes. 

Finances and facilities continue to look bleak, and our youths are not really developing much. I can barely retain my existing staff and we might lose 2 key players - one through unhapiness and one because i cant afford his increased demands. Sadly, as mentioned, no one in our squad has a value above 17k and we keep getting bids of £0 on lots of players, so i assume the part time status might eventually kill us if we dont somehow make a run at promo. 

Top Performers

Rui Monteiro - Our veteran CDM deserves a mention here, as he went on a goal and assists tear this year. Playing 50/50 between CDM and CM as our formation moved around a fair bit, he somehow ended up as our top scorer and assist maker! At the moment he is out of contract in a months time and i am struggling to meet his demands, which would be a big blow. 

Youth Updates

Luis Goncalves (YP01a) - Was in and out of the team as we struggled to find an effective midfield balance, and he did not really perform when given his chances. Also pretty minimal improvements in attributes. We have a glut of players for CAM / CM at the moment but our Ass Man still rates him as among the best potentials

Kevin Alberto (YP01b) - Got a few games for us, but his problem is partly that he plays the same position as Rui Montiero, who was too valuable to drop. At the moment he looks like he will settle in as back up for Rui at best 

Pedro Martins (YP02a) - Played a lot of games as we tried to make him our main striker, but the goals did not exactly flow. He still looks our best ST on paper, and a host of top flight clubs are interested, but his value is at 11k so not sure how it will play out

Luis Texeira (YP02b) - Did not play for the first team and oddly it seems he was not much used by the U23s. So no development really and his lack of technicals remain a blocker to using him 

New Youth

Preview - Sure, i believe you.............

Intake - Hey, would you believe it, another "golden generation".......... :). A CB who stands out, which is not at all a position of need sadly, and more AMC's which is also not a need for us :D 

Ricardo Duarte (YP03a) - A first team ready CB, with somewhat decent attributes and for once a more positive personality type. We have 2 good young CBs already......perhaps a 3 at the back formation......

Leandro Rodrigues (YP03b) - Most of the rest of the intake is much a muchness, but will tag this guy as he has a good personality type ad some decent mental attributes 

48b233d0c5f7efdf197bafa4e2006a15.png

FC Kufstein

FC_Kufstein_club_crest.png

Season 2036/37 (Season 17) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

League | Championship Group | Squad | Transfers | Finances

I wish Mikel Arteta would leave Red Bull Salzburg soon. They won it again by a mile. This time however, we finished 3rd, also behind Rapid Wien who had a great finish in the Championship Group. Still, we are going into the CL next season anyway due to the league standing slowly increasing.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Wiener Neustädter, ASK-BSC Bruck/L. and Rheindoft Altach before getting spanked by Red Bull Salzburg in the quarter final.

In the Champions League group stage we drew Manchester United of England, PSG of France, and Anderlecht of Belgium. We surprised everyone by beating Man Utd at Old Trafford, and drawing PSG in Paris, but we lost the home legs to the same teams. In the end we finished in 3rd, but did show we could fight them well.

That meant we went into the Europa League knockout rounds. In the 1st knockout we drew Italians Torino and they beat us in both legs to knock us out.

Notable players

Rouven Brinks 35a - He had a great season, but he is still really streaky. Scoring 5 games in a row, before blanking for 8. Still, he is young and it will improve.
Pascal Bellec 32b - Our young French DM is now a defender, and does really well. Also capped a few times for his country now.
Vedad Mehic 32a - Really taken his shine to the AM role, although he still is not up to the standard set by Mkhitaryan jr 30b.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Looks pretty good.
Youth intake - Not exactly disappointing, but I had hoped for more based on the preview.

Jonas Wallner 37a - A pretty good DM, but I'm thinking about making him a DC since I have a shortage there at the moment.

RrS1uN0.png

1983699187_KFUMSilkeborg.png.a5fc185d392859d91c22f25cf4086bf5.png

Season 2022/23

2.Division

Fnish 14th (2nd in relegation phase)

Season Summary

I knew it would be a difficult season after the spate of retirements last season. The average age of our squad plummeted with only 2 first teeam regulars over the age of 25. I knew consistency would be an issue, and so it proved to be. I was pleasantly surprised in the preliminary stage as we performed pretty well, finishing the season with 7 unbeaten. However this only got us a 7th place finish and a place in the relegation phase, albeit top.

If I thought the relegation phase would be easier, I was wrong. We really struggled to stamp our authority and drew nearly every game, a few of them really luckily. Hopefully as the squad ages and matures that consistency will stop being an issue

The cup gave us some respite and a run to the quarter finals! we were lucky in our draws against teams beelow us in the league until the qf, where we met superliga FC Nordsjelland. We even had 2 games televised! Any hope of a cup windfall was shattered by home attendaces lower than the league and TV money of 6k a game.

Players

Simon Heine - His first full season and he surpassed all my expectations. He was immense from day 1. Even if we lost, we'd lose 5-2 and he'd score 2. He was simply brilliant. We really need him to maintain this form if we're ever gonna get out of this division

William Weibel 22A - Our best prospect from last seasons youth intake looked good enough to go straight into the first team, and so it proved. He finished on 6.96 rating and was easily our second best player. He made really pleasing improvements as well. The Weibel/Heine partnership is hopefully going to be fruitful for a long time

And Gravesen 22B made his debut this season!

23gravesondebut.thumb.JPG.39e95303816a60156b9c33583053e33f.JPG

Youth Intake

Another golden generation! obviously!

youthpreview3.thumb.JPG.a68c45a3189c3f7bf3fbeea81c09d138.JPG

I was a little disappointed as I don't need wingers, i  need defenders and central midfielders. So it was a nice surprise when the intake came in:-

23youthintake.thumb.JPG.f94a1da804f22ad46eba06b33998432a.JPG

Not brilliant, but the two full backs were just what we needed. Hopefully they'll come good

One of the really good things about Denmark is they have a massive winter break, so the gap between the preview and the intake is really short. About 5 or 6 matches. I quite like not having to wait too long for the inevitable disappointment.

Finances and Impprovements

We broke about even over the season but are still 50k in the red. It means that the board aren't that keen to give me any improvements that cost any money. After my incessant whining, they did offer me two though, which was nice of them. 

23juniorcoaching.thumb.JPG.3814d1e22c91d0b30788451c36d54d6d.JPG23youthrecruitment.thumb.JPG.da72f1336e6b378aa18dec94a4b1ef56.JPG

every little helps, we're getting stronger. We just need a few more fans through the door and a nice healthy bank balace.

I had my first poached youth as well. Hopefully that 5% will give us a nice windfall sometime down the road.

23Apoach!.thumb.JPG.d1a77879b7b69dc21429c4c390e887bd.JPG

So next season? Again, just consolidation. We have a very young squad that needs to mature and improve. The frutrating thing is I know just where the team needs improvement, but there's not much I can do about it. We were second top scorers in the preliminary stages! Here's the ratings of my first choice XI - the tempation to head to the free transfer market is strong!

519502559_firstteam.thumb.JPG.84a561412bb3f00c10b9ce78eb5f1e12.JPG

The encouraging news is we have 4 and 5 star prospects in every position now. I just need the defence to improve at the same rate as Heine and Weibel. It's not going to happen is it?

1629439023_season3summary.thumb.JPG.d0de7135603fa2f24588f206b9070432.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

I'm getting some stupid amounts of money for my backups and semi-talented youth players at the moment...

JK7qMeM.png

That kid is a decent talent. My coaches rated him as 1 star current ability and 3 star potential. He got a sub appearance last season and were ok, but never going to be a first choice. A few teams went into a bidding war for him and I sold him.

D9YMe6T.png

Yeah, I got £3.7 million and up to a potential £5m... He is certainly not worth anywhere near that amount. I would have kept him for a few seasons until I, hopefully, would have gotten a better backup and then probably released him. Sales like this also happened last season, but never at this sum. I mean, I'll take it, gladly, but I really don't think the AI are getting their moneys worth here!

9 hours ago, Padders said:

Season Review 2204/05

The awful end of season form continued

Finished 4th and got battered in Play Off Semi Finals 6-1

Time for a huge clear out!!!!

20200810220949_1.thumb.jpg.40f8a9230ea79cafb9f9305a0c0dc99f.jpg20200810220921_1.thumb.jpg.bc7805b6503f034d3220e1593fa2f126.jpg20200810220937_1.thumb.jpg.9a0c6176d1ac0cc63245e117ea7ab713.jpg

I've been following your career for a while. You seem to always get those losing-streaks. What do you do when you get them? Do you change anything or just keep going? :) 

25 minutes ago, KVJ92 said:

I've been following your career for a while. You seem to always get those losing-streaks. What do you do when you get them? Do you change anything or just keep going? :) 

Tried everything.

Team meeting, criticize players, drop players, keep going, change formation, change mentality 

29 minutes ago, Padders said:

Tried everything.

Team meeting, criticize players, drop players, keep going, change formation, change mentality 

Okay. I'm not expert at FM but wanted to check what you did.. I know how frustrating it is when you feel like there's nothing to do and just wait to get some points again.... 

I am going to give this a go properly as I've found FM20 a bit too easy so far

I am starting in one of my favourite countries to manage, Norway.  I was going to choose Lyn as my team but it seems they now have an affiliate with Molde where they can't get promoted to the top division (which doesn't sound right) so instead I went with Floy.  Here's my profile

Norway has a super early intake each season in February and I already have my (sadly disappointing) preview

11 hours ago, Jambo98 said:

Portugal is proving a huge struggle, at least with my chosen team. None of my players are worth anything and being part time, does not seem likely to change :( Expect poor intakes for a few years to start but with no cash and no players, even decent ones, taking on any value..........this might be over :(

Whats the story with France on this? Not seen many attempts in that part of the world - is the league setup complex? I am mainly thinking Russia, but france could be tempting.........

@Fastbasher had a really long and interesting save in France on this years challenge, I guess he can give valuable imput here. 

3 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

I was going to choose Lyn as my team but it seems they now have an affiliate with Molde where they can't get promoted to the top division (which doesn't sound right)

That must be an error in the database. Those two teams have no affiliation that would exclude Lyn from promotion. The only affiliation they have (that I can find at least) is this one:

https://www.lyn1896.no/nyheter/2019/8/20/lyn-og-molde-inngr-samarbeid

And it simply states that they are cooperating in youth development (young players from Lyn can get training with the top tier club Molde) and in loans where youngsters from Molde who need game time can play for Lyn. It also states that the deal is so far only is for the rest of 2020, but can be extended if both teams agree.

Please report it in the database section for Norway so it will be changed for the future!

1432923977_raalbadge.png.f3e37dc8082aeb6795f3209d60cecdfa.png

Season 8 done

League: We finished 7th.....of 8 :/ so into the relegation play-off we went. We made light work of Roeselare who we had to play 9 times in the league this season!

We live to fight another day.

Croky Cup: Round 6, again.

4.thumb.png.61d12dd557250ada792afabe321c0b2a.png5.thumb.png.24a4b85356dd2be86e305ee5210a4b61.png

Key Player(s)

As you can imagine from coming 2nd bottom, not many shone this season. Shout-out to Lejeune who keeps defying his stats (he even lost 1 from his already 9 finishing).

6.thumb.png.f3ad6bfcf8c1d4dda796e57132a795ef.png

Youth intake

Not great, and not many good personalities either. Time for a new man I think. Top guy is probably Denis, excellent technical ability but terrible personality, determination and only 5'2".

1.thumb.png.ea631030f84b388dfd3f43e717f4c0a7.png2.thumb.png.6edbf0285cd9539d9576cca0a0171ff2.png7.thumb.png.74fe8235a2c08ca0dd48d8ec54529448.png

Transfers

A couple out with sell-on fees that i can hopefully cash soon.

8.thumb.png.d943ce0bac011dff350d5134df67f7a8.png

Finances and Misc

No upgrades or coaching badges to report and almost 1.5m in the red, i'm hoping another season or 2 in this division and a few sales should see us turning a profit soon.

9.thumb.png.1e4a27319adde6dee7dc0f7cb913a660.png

Edited by Brentmeister

5 hours ago, thomas_e said:

@Fastbasher had a really long and interesting save in France on this years challenge, I guess he can give valuable imput here. 

France has quite a simple league structure. There are three national divisions, then the 4th tier has 4 regional divisions. You can only start in the third tier, but if you get relegated you can still play in the 4th tier.

It gives you an 'extra life' in this challenge and usually coming straight back up is easy enough. It actually gives you a chance to play the youth players.

Teams in the top three tiers get seeded into the 5th-9th round of the French Cup.

Regarding my own challenge, I've been plugging away, but kind of hit a wall. My team usually has about 3 quality players in it, but every time I get a new one, one of the previous ones is on the decline.

The French teams are dominating Europe now. Of course, because I only have the French leagues loaded. The Europa league often has two French teams in the final.

We've made the Champions Cup 1st knockout round three times, but no further. 

Annecy FC Progress:

image.thumb.png.adcb03b0133876f65ba18e82c703f9fe.png

3 hours ago, Fastbasher said:

France has quite a simple league structure. There are three national divisions, then the 4th tier has 4 regional divisions. You can only start in the third tier, but if you get relegated you can still play in the 4th tier.

It gives you an 'extra life' in this challenge and usually coming straight back up is easy enough. It actually gives you a chance to play the youth players.

Teams in the top three tiers get seeded into the 5th-9th round of the French Cup.

Ah yes thats the quirk i was trying to remember, starting in the 3rd but being able to play in the 4th :D 

Might give it a try, for the moment i was planning to give Portugal one more season, going with a Conte-esque 352 setup to accomodate all my best players. Unfortunately just before the season starts...........

834baa5056e403b6895521a7703ad8d0.png

He is our best prospect and only striking prospect of any note. Getting players sold from under you is a part of this challenge, but given he is going to a top division team, £43k is a crazy low amount, which will not allow any upgrades etc :( 

FC Kufstein

FC_Kufstein_club_crest.png

Season 2037/38 (Season 18) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

League | Championship Group | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Wow, what a season! This was one of the best seasons I've had in Austria, and we finally got another over Red Bull Salzburg! First of all, I feel a bit sorry for Vorwärts Steyr, they went the entire season without a win in the league! Not even in the Relegation Group they picked up a 3 pointer. We, on the other hand, picked up a lot of them. Only a single loss, away to Matterburg of all teams, and a few draws and we went into the Championship Group with a 4 point gap (half of 9 points rounded down) over the rest. Red Bull Salzburg caught up though, and with two games left we were 3 points behind them. Still, one of the matches were an away leg at them, and we managed to beat them 2-1 to go to with a game left. So in the final match we only had to equal Red Bull Salzburg, and we smashed St. Pölten 4-0 away to claim our 2nd ever league title on "half points"!

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Deutschlandsberger, Tirol, Austria Wien, St. Pölten and Red Bull Salzburg to reach the final. Here we beat Kapfenberger without much issue to claim another title.

In the Champions League we started in the qualifying rounds, since Austria had lost a place in the group stage ahead of this season. In the 3rd qualifying round we beat Olympiakos of Greece and then got past AZ of Holland in the playoff to reach the group stage. Here we drew Borussia Dortmund of Germany, Manchester City of England and Anderlecht (AGAIN!). We surprised everyone by finishing 2nd in the group, behind Man City to go into the knockout rounds. In the 1st knockout round we got beaten hard by Inter of Italy and got knocked out.

Also, this summer is when our new stadium (NOT named after me...) should be ready, so attendances should sky rocket next season.

Notable players

Rouven Brinks 35a - A fantastic season from our wonderkid up top. A bit injury prone, but scored loads of goals even so!
Michael Büchler 29b - I've tuned him back a bit into the AMC strata and he seems to like it. I haven't used the Shadow Striker role before, but he really works there.
Ganbold Mönkh-Erdene 25a - Not the one who played the best, but he is a real legend of the team. Deputises in all central positions from MC and forward. He also retired from the Mongolian national team this season after 95 caps and 12 goals. I'm intent on keeping him until retirement and hopefully I can make him a coach or something.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Finally, another golden generation, haven't had those in a while.
Youth intake - Not bad, a few good players.

Milovan Gentic 38a - Left winger is a place I don't have many good options, so I'm happy I finally got one more here.
Vladimir Pavlov 38b - Another promising striker, but he can supposedly fit in at midfield as well. Perhaps he can replace our Mongolian legend in a few years.
Matej Martinovic 38c - A Driven midfielder with talent is always welcome.

G7Yke2J.png

56 minutes ago, Jambo98 said:

Ah yes thats the quirk i was trying to remember, starting in the 3rd but being able to play in the 4th :D 

There are quite a few reserve teams from the Ligue 1 teams that play in the 4th tier. They are usually better than the clubs that have their first team in the division, but are ineligible for promotion.

You can sometimes finish 5th or 6th and still take the single promotion spot back up to the 3rd tier.

Also on previous versions (I haven't had it in FM2020 yet) you could get a reserve team once you were in Ligue 1 that could play in the 4th tier and essentially manage both of them. A great place for promising youngsters and aging club legends to get some glory.

@Padders I feel for you man. In my very limited experience managing youth players for the challenge, they don't seem to respond well to criticicm. In my Berliner Dynamo save an aggressive team talk (which I nearly always use in normal fm saves) was an almost certain loss. But you go on winning runs/streaks too so without playing your save I have no idea what to suggest. If it was just tactics, it would be more hit and miss than a win streak and a losing streak. Good thing you're not easily deterred! I'd have long since thrown my toys out of the pram. Do enjoy reading your updates, just wish it was going better for you.

BADGE.png.70f1b1eb114bb1a6abeaeb1556a4c836.png

2020 Season

Table   Transfers   Squad   Intake

I haven't played in Iceland since Fm18 with Fjolnir. I forgot how bad the standard is in this nation, balls rebounding into the net, defenders just stopping to watch the ball go over their heads, goalkeepers fumbling etc. I missed it though! It took about 15 games for the players to actually adapt to the tactics, but once they did we fired up the table. We finished second and promotion to the top tier. The intake was alright, there are some players who will be good in a few years. I'm recording far too much on my tracker as I envisage a 20 year + career here all going well and some of the data may be interesting to track long term.

1688627055_TRACKER1.thumb.png.d6939c15898d48dd446ee8282b2af040.png

531686985_TRACKER2.thumb.png.a67312c10e2981b65f410979a36f90e2.png

Edited by Alsolate

12 minutes ago, Alsolate said:

@Padders I feel for you man. In my very limited experience managing youth players for the challenge, they don't seem to respond well to criticicm. In my Berliner Dynamo save an aggressive team talk (which I nearly always use in normal fm saves) was an almost certain loss. But you go on winning runs/streaks too so without playing your save I have no idea what to suggest. If it was just tactics, it would be more hit and miss than a win streak and a losing streak. Good thing you're not easily deterred! I'd have long since thrown my toys out of the pram. Do enjoy reading your updates, just wish it was going better for you.

BADGE.png.70f1b1eb114bb1a6abeaeb1556a4c836.png

2020 Season

Table   Transfers   Squad   Intake

I haven't played in Iceland since Fm18 with Fjolnir. I forgot how bad the standard is in this nation, balls rebounding into the net, defenders just stopping to watch the ball go over their heads, goalkeepers fumbling etc. I missed it though! It took about 15 games for the players to actually adapt to the tactics, but once they did we fired up the table. We finished second and promotion to the top tier. The intake was alright, there are some players who will be good in a few years. I'm recording far too much on my tracker as I envisage a 20 year + career here all going well and some of the data may be interesting to track long term.

1688627055_TRACKER1.thumb.png.d6939c15898d48dd446ee8282b2af040.png

531686985_TRACKER2.thumb.png.a67312c10e2981b65f410979a36f90e2.png

Thanks for the message

It's happening again....................................

Board sold my 2nd best prospect for 35k, and the 352 was not working, so i think Angrense is over :( Not sure if its the part time thing, or being an island team, but it never seemed sustainable.

Gonna give Russia a blast now, France or Belgium seem appealing but lets see how Russia goes.......

FC Anzhi Makhachkala 

eb2d77df6b3e8c2c0b2ab9115b47e8aa.png

So, after failing on a small Portugese, picturesque island........we find outselfs deep in southern Russia. Or in the Republic of Dagestan to be exact.

The opposite club stature as well. Rather than a tinpot club playing in a stadium which looks like a field, we have a somewhat fallen giant. Previously owned by a billionaire and home to none other than Roberto Carlos and Samuel Eto'o. 

The facilities are not good, but we have a 30k stadium and a wage budget of 68k per week, more than 10 times that of our little corner of Portugal had! The squad is a mix of overpaid (relatively) veterans and some decent looking younger players to get us started. 

Manager Profile

319241853_KFUMSilkeborg.png.8dbb7366cf08a0f206dcd098ccf16283.png

Season 23/24

2.division (promotion stage)

Finish: 1st

Season Summary

What a season! I'm stil in shock! It started in the normal way, a couple of good wins and a coupe of tough defeats. We then won our first game of September 4-0  and didn't lose again until November. By the end of the preliminary stage we were joint top with 41 points.

The promotion stage saw us 6 points clear of third place and in a brilliant position to push for promotion. I didn't get too excited as I knew the promotion stage would be a lot harder. My only chance would be if everyone beat everyone else and cancelled each other out. We didn't start well, after 4 games that 6 point cushion had been reduced to 1. But our fifth game saw us at home against Roskilde, the leaders. We hammered them 3-0. Even then our form didn't really pick up, the next two games saw us draw with third and lose away to the bottom placed club. But Roskilde were freefalling. In the end, our 11 matches saw us win 4, draw 4 and lose 3 - which due to the mad, close nature of the 2.division saw us champions! I did not expect that at the start of the season and did not expect it at the start of the promotion stage either! 

NordicBet Liga here we come!

The difference was our defence. They really improved this season, and we went from conceding late when 1-0 up to holding on to the victory. They were small differences but made a huge difference at this level.

The cup saw OB beat us easily in round 2. I don't know if being out of the cup helped us in the league or not tbh but I wasn't too upset. There's no money in it!

Players

Weirdly, our two stars of last season didn't perform anywhere near as well. The difference came from elsewhere

Simon Heine - so he didn't match he heroics of last season with only 26 goals, but i always have a chane with the 2.division player of the year (2023) in the side!

Thobias Thiim - Our keeper improved leaps and bounds this season and was a huge part of the improvement in our defence. As a free kick taker he scored three as well!

Anes Travljanin - Our right winger was one of the reasons why Weibel had such a poor season this year. Far more goals came from crosses rather than through the middle this season and Weibel was the one missing out

Internationals

I thought it might be interesting to track my internationals. I got my first this season, a Norwegian U19 who asked to go on loan, was found a club, refused it then got angry at me for not finding him a loan club. He refused to sign a new contract and left at the end of the season!

24internationals.thumb.JPG.7ebdb4e5d1d1d2c431d26e8fcd44bb7c.JPG

Youth

We didn't get a golden generation! But we did get some nice green lines, which are way more important than golden generation nonsense anyway

24youthpreview.thumb.JPG.876b0400d0e497d23e78935637747070.JPG

So what did the final intake look like?

24youthintake.thumb.JPG.1cb53073056447489ce31b7845debea5.JPG

not too shabby! Stefan Frederiksen 24A is probably the pick of the bunch, but his personality is a little worrying. the smart money is on JJacob Jacobsen 24B to be the one to make it from this batch.

Finances and Improvements

The board stuck in 150k to help with running costs. I immediately spunked it all on improvements. At the seasons end this was announced:-

24newstadium.thumb.JPG.c334d9862f432ca1c9af8fee2f6de170.JPG

our old stadium wasn't good enough for the NordBet! Next season we'll be groundsharing while the new stadium is built. It's a lot of money to spend for a club our size though, that debt does worry me somewhat

So, next season? Well, to be honest, promotion came too soon. I don't think the team is ready and we're likely to have our arses handed to us on a weekly basis. I'm seeing it as a good way to improve those youth players by playing at a higher level, improving fan numbers and getting that new stadium. I fully expect to come straight back down but with a much, much stronger squad. Honestly, staying up will be a minor miracle!

seasonsummary4.thumb.JPG.e778491311763da189de9c9d50df3298.JPG

14 hours ago, XaW said:

Ganbold Mönkh-Erdene 25a - Not the one who played the best, but he is a real legend of the team. Deputises in all central positions from MC and forward. He also retired from the Mongolian national team this season after 95 caps and 12 goals. I'm intent on keeping him until retirement and hopefully I can make him a coach or something.

Great Ganbold Khan! Had Mongolia ever qualified to the Asian Cup with him?

Season Review 2205/06

Another poor season, finishing 3rd and again losing in Play Off Semi Final

Another poor youth intake so sacked my HOYD and appointed a new one

I am not creating really top quality players anymore. None past the £35m+ mark. Real world class players. Haven't had one for 30/40 years

20200812113943_1.thumb.jpg.e8256d4c8b4b9b1b5dfb22f8196c46a5.jpg

766164.png.2da50267514e236b438f73ed0210ea75.png

Crispypaul
Floy

Norwegian 2nd Division

League - Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Table - we had some really good players in our original squad, one of whom is top division quality, and despite a good challenge from Senja we won the league at the first attempt.

Cup - Fixtures - we got lucky with the draw as we mainly played sides at the same level, getting to the semi final where Staebak smashed us 5-1

Finances - the cup run sorted these until we dropped £500k on a required installation of undersoil heating.  

Transfers - one was arranged before I arrived.

Squad

Key players

Lasse Sigurdsen - highly prolific striker scored 27 goals in all competitions and seen as good quality for the Eliteserien.  Not all good news as his idol is Theo Walcott.

Dardan Dreshaj - his Kosovan strike partner also did well

Sebastian Fredriksen - great left winger

Tobias Henanger - solid central midfielder

Christoffer Mhyre - another good midfielder

Jone Kleppa - solid full back

Anders Hella - good right winger

Johan Naglestad - great centre half, but my only experienced one left for 2021

Ante Knezovic - a really good keeper thankfully, as my youth ones so far are toss

Youth Update

Intake: not great, I tagged 5 players

1. Jan Erik Systad YP20a - beginning | season end

2. Michael Andre Tvedt YP20b - beginning | season end

3. Kieran Tonstad YP20c - beginning | season end

4. Tom Tonstad YP20d - beginning | season end

5. Phillip Aukland YP20e - beginning | season end

The 3 best youth prospects are actually from the 2019 intake

6. Vidar Fone YP19a - I play a flat 4-4-2 so don't need a DM, but I think he'll be a good DC so converting him to that

7. Robin Fredriksen YP19b - will likely be a starting DC in 2021

8. Jan Erik Alvestad YP19c - reasonable striker

All 3 are going into my 1st team for squad depth purposes at least.

Season	 	Division	Position		Cup		Notes						
2020    	D2	      	 1st      		  SF   		League winners, promoted

Future - a quite early promotion so I am hoping a season of consolidation awaits.

Edited by Crispypaul

6 minutes ago, Jambo98 said:

Anji play in a 30,000 seater stadium.  This was our season ticket sit.........

c4a049e33c30676df33392a8f2172eb8.png

I don't think i've ever seen it that low :D 

"sales have soared from last season" :lol:

Edited by Brentmeister

5 hours ago, Koetzer said:

Great Ganbold Khan! Had Mongolia ever qualified to the Asian Cup with him?

Yes, they were in the Asian Cup in 2031, but got knocked out in the group stage behind Iran, Qatar and Bangladesh.

AoWDAbt.png

Other than that they won the Solidarity Cup in 2024, but not done much else of note.

@Padders  There's something going on with your team. I've seen you being promoted as champion a few times and then getting instantaneously relegated the season after but the teams that were promoted with you being placed in the top half of the table. Obviously it can be due to the fact that they can buy better players but they shouldn't be able to buy players good enough to make such a drastic difference hence their lower reputation in comparison to the bigger and more established sides.

Have you ever considered going two completely different approaches on each division? On EPL playing different tactics for home and away games, parking the bus against bigger sides, playing on counter-attack. Other thing that caught my attention is that your team most of the time concede late goals, which might be a matter of players with low levels of concentration or the squad not being rotated enough so they're always way more tired than the opposing side.

Hope it helps!

3 hours ago, v1n1akabozo said:

@Padders  There's something going on with your team. I've seen you being promoted as champion a few times and then getting instantaneously relegated the season after but the teams that were promoted with you being placed in the top half of the table. Obviously it can be due to the fact that they can buy better players but they shouldn't be able to buy players good enough to make such a drastic difference hence their lower reputation in comparison to the bigger and more established sides.

Have you ever considered going two completely different approaches on each division? On EPL playing different tactics for home and away games, parking the bus against bigger sides, playing on counter-attack. Other thing that caught my attention is that your team most of the time concede late goals, which might be a matter of players with low levels of concentration or the squad not being rotated enough so they're always way more tired than the opposing side.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the message

I have considered it but not done it. If I don't get the sack going to need a whole revamp of the philosophy.

Yes pretty fed up of conceding late goals. I have tried changing mentality and tactics last 5/10 minutes but that doesn't always help

Well, Russia ended up being an aborted disaster. Was having a poor season, and the finances were just mad. We were losing nearly 250k per MONTH and the wage bill was not all of that, so by mid season we were like 1m in debt. Then there is a 3 month winter break, which i tried to holiday, not realising of course that it would let some of my players sign bosman deals elsewhere.......so yeah, canned that. 

To france we go..........

SC Bastia 

11ce78969eb79a033707cb92cbdca725.png

I mean, you would think after a) A failed Island save and b) A failed fallen giant type save,  that i might have learned my lesson......but nope, we go to an Island save, with a former "giant" (ok, not so giant, but former top flight club at least!) 

Lets see if Corsica treats us more kindly. There is just about a squad in place to start, we have more than 22 players, but not much depth and a lot of aging defenders, but its a starting point

Manager Profile

513672653_KFUMSilkeborg.png.5b7a03884a2d7d5cdea850de449ab0ba.png

Season 24/25

Nordicbet Liga

Finish: 10th

Season Summary

We did it! It was close but we stayed up! The Nordicbet Liga only has 12 teams so I thought it would be impossible but it quickly ecome clear there were 4 of us who were miles behind the rest and it became a fight between us. We managed to just keep our heads above water all season and made it through to the relegation stage outside the relegation spots, albeit on goal difference.
I love how the Danish leage system is set up. The relegation stage is so tense. 6 teams each play each other home and away again and every match is tense and a potential six pointer. two defeats in a row and you could end up bottom of the table easily. We did ok with some fantastic rearguard action and a huge slice of luck on a couple of occassions. Our record in the relegationphase was W4D4L2 which was enough to keep us up. 

The cup was a damp squib. We lost 6-0 at home to a superliga team. Eep.

Players

Simon Heime - he kept us up, no bones about it. Top scorer in the NordicBet he had by far his best season for us. I love him.

25heinetopscorer.thumb.JPG.a0c17278a5c262e851ab781cc5029d37.JPG

Weibe was having a great season again as well but started compleining about joining a bigger club. I wanted to wait until the end of the season, see if he changed his mind, before shopping him around but before i could do anything this happened:-

25weibeltransferbid.thumb.JPG.5b47339eb83e8c524b4cf8a4d3ade00f.JPG

It wasn't a bad price for our frst sale but I was a bit annoyed I couldn't negotiate and add a future profit clause. Ah well, you snooze you lose.

Youth

Another promise of a golden generation that I just rolled my eyes at.

25youthpreview.thumb.JPG.4a7b2e1fdcd61b62394a37064b949e94.JPG

But then the intake came through and I couldn't believe it. My HOYD outdid himself this year!

25youthintake.thumb.JPG.0630bca544f23bf2b755d64975c4aff2.JPG

Genuinely 5 fantastic prospects that could easily be in the first team within a few years.  there's at least 4 others who could also make it with  bit of luck. Soren Kohlert 25A  could be the best prospect, but his lack of finishing is a bit of a worry for a striker. Tobias Holten 25F is my favourite dark horse.

The midfielder that Silkeborg IF poached from us came through as well. He looks immense. 

Finance and Improvements

The difference being in a division above the 2.division is huge. I knew early on I had to stay up, the prize money was unbelievable for a team of our stature. Sady my board had spent it all on a new stadium. We were also getting bigger crowds, including  a new highest attendace when Silkeborg IF turned up. 4400 smashed our previous record, even if away fans accounted for 4000 of them. Next home game we were back to 150! Having a local rival in the same league is great.

Another improvement on youth recruitment and junior coaching. The board also agreed to improve our youth facilities - it's gonna cost 1.7m and take 8 months!

Next season is all about survival again. It might be harder as I'll have my youngest first team ever out there. Two more youngsters are ready for first team experience. We are quickly becoming a second tier club in stature though so it would be nice to play second tier football. Plus, the reserve and U19 teams are in proper leagues now!

season5summary.thumb.JPG.14d0f0ff0b831090a8a3d0f1cb6680d5.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

4 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

Is it ok to sell players and as part of the deal loan them back for the season (or later?)

No. No loanees or buy backs at all. If a player leaves, he's gone. You can loan OUT players, but nothing in.

First youth prospects from new HOYD absolutely awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only have one player worth over £5m in the whole of my squad

When I won the PL I had a squad full over players worth over £5m and 4/5 worth over £30m

I can't recreate that and therefore playing with players worth £200 - £800k

20200813105040_1.thumb.jpg.554083609cdf78c2c78b2830ae97e6bd.jpg

39 minutes ago, Padders said:

First youth prospects from new HOYD absolutely awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only have one player worth over £5m in the whole of my squad

When I won the PL I had a squad full over players worth over £5m and 4/5 worth over £30m

I can't recreate that and therefore playing with players worth £200 - £800k

20200813105040_1.thumb.jpg.554083609cdf78c2c78b2830ae97e6bd.jpg

3 star potential should mean that they have enough potential to be a part of the first team? So, it might not be that bad. 

And I saw someone in the career thread testing the potential stars with PA from the editor which gave an idea about the accuracy from the assistant and they were not always right about the stars. And the stars could changed when signed etc :)

Season Review 2206/07

We turned the season around by again going back to the original tactics. Happens every time I change them, we fall further down, go back to the original ones I have been using for years and we have an upturn in form

No surprise to see me lose in the play off final

Not sure it's bad thing, we are simply not good enough, we only one player in the whole squad a PL player

20200813122457_1.thumb.jpg.28e3c61b398866b1a664c5f4c4cf151f.jpg20200813122510_1.thumb.jpg.02e1d889048c3d2167c88f38cde1acdf.jpg

I've decided to have a go at this challenge in the heat of the summer holidays (I'm a teacher) - I have one tweak I have made to my personal rules though which hopefully won't get me lambasted. Much like the Glenn Hoddle academy which can grab released youngsters, I am allowing myself to sign ONLY 15 or 16 year olds that are unnattached. This means that I can only sign players on Youth contracts to the academy and basically represents me finding a youngster in the park and inviting him to join my academy. Will be interesting to see if that makes it much easier or not.

Lets see where I can take Tamworth

We currently have one star striker who is better than every other player by some way but who wants £900 a year to sign a new contract which is unlikely. I really dont want to lose him for nothing