• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nybro IF Season 2020 Review

Bildresultat för nybro if

Table | Transfers | Finances | Facilities | Youth Intake

We start of short about the youth intake. It were an good intake with lots of potential hopefully with keeping to upgrade our facilities we will keep getting better and better people dropping in.

Now to the actual season. We started of with an defensive minded football since we were the promoted side after all and media predicted us 11th out of 14th and we got of to an great start and in the first 8 games we had 5 wins and 2 draws and only 1 loss which was way over what i expected. we were solid defensive wise and scored mostly of set pieces. But the team started to know us and our lack of our own attacking play style made it so we didnt really get anyone scoring consistently for us and after the next 6 games we only managed to win 1 draw 1 and lost 4. So now we were in a situation of were we felt safe from getting dragged into the relegation battle so i started expermenting with an more offensive minded football with high pressure and it worked wonders for us. Suddenly you could see a real attacking style from us with more people getting into good positions and without starting to concede a lot. So in the last 12 games of the season we managed to win 8(!) and draw 4 which meant we didn't lose a single game after the switch. unfortunately it didn't get us into top 2 which would have meant playoff for promotion in the last game we were 1 point behind Asarum and we played the league winners Karlskrona at home and we only managed a 0-0 draw after a good performance and Asarum won their game with 3-0. A bit disappointing since we got so close but i overall i am super happy over the season and excited to try again next season!

No one from youth intake made an appearance this season but next year we might see someone taking the step

Finance wise we are looking fine. A small decline over the season but we are good for a good while.

Facilities we got both youth recruitment and junior coaching upgraded early on so hoping for another level next year

Top Scorer: Alexander Dunåker-Bergland 8 goals 20(6) games

Most Assists: Yuki Koizumi 7 assists 23(2) games

Best Average: Jakob Nilsson 7.30 26(0) games

Season history

Edited by Novafluff

13 minutes ago, streety said:

You managed to keep Koizumi...well done to that i lost him on a free could of been important to me. Oh well 

Good job on the season :applause:

You playing as Nybro as well huh? :) Mårtensson is okay as well as second RW

Image result for folkestone invicta badge

Folkestone Invicta - Season 2020/21 Review Vanarama National League South

League Performance - Not the greatest season on paper but I'll more than take staying up! For much of the season we have been in the drop zone but a strong turnaround in the last third of the season ensured that we survive. The upturn is form largely owed to tweaking my 442 to play simply: defend deep, be disciplined and counter with the ball over the top of the opposition's defence. Finn O'Mara, our best player and one of only 2 senior CBs, leaving means that on paper we are weaker but our youth intake and success with our formation change means that I'm confident we can improve next season. Survival will be the target again.

163695224_2019-11-10(1).thumb.png.9871bb9934a7f1d1505906cf2eeb1962.png

FA Cup -  Only made it to the 3rd qualifying round and disappointingly knocked out by Chesham.

FA Trophy -  We had a brilliant run and made it all the way to the quarter final before bowing out to Slough Town. In the end it was probably for the best that we didn't make the semi final as it would have involved two more fixtures (two legs) that we didn't need in our relegation run-in. £30k cup prize money added this season in total.

646766077_2019-11-10(8).thumb.png.5b2e560e5b3e4e4788cba16d87665503.png

Squad - Not really too many standout performances as this was more of a team effort to stay up but my top 3 players for the season were: 1. Johan ter Horst a team leader at a good age, his 26 goals were so important for us. Works really hard in his pressing forward role. 2. Finn O'Mara an Rolls-Royce of a CB at this level and we will miss him but can't blame him for wanting to go at the end of his contract and ply his trade at a better level. He will be very hard to replace with inadequate youth players. 3. Callum Davies a colossus in the air. Not quite as good as O'Mara but crucially that we have him contracted for the next two years.

818706623_2019-11-10(3).thumb.png.680c4c68ce216acbdef98aff3cdf02f6.png

518306006_2019-11-10(4).thumb.png.9f8ad859405c439b44298d34f3f39f27.png 369480408_2019-11-10(6).thumb.png.a6ba5b2a755050347a30d61f1f1cbacb.png 769754314_2019-11-10(5).thumb.png.ebabdca9b61a70a7134fab3222d6e0ac.png

Transfers - A few deadwood players released and O'Mara not willing to discuss new terms, but no in and outs transfers wise.

1779506404_2019-11-10(7).thumb.png.1c423dcc19637df08e4d755cd9a524ac.png 

Finances - Worryingly bad finances, and barring a big player sale / sell-on fee / FA Cup run, I don't how it will improve - Which means I can't upgrade facilities! :( Strangely the board have announced their intention to sell up Cheriton Road stadium and build a new one...

1266380197_2019-11-10(9).thumb.png.41b3ff6c3cb46b328a900b31c49146d6.png       2019-11-10.thumb.png.981c224b5e138b5106d24c0bb6ecaeee.png

On to the next season, come on you yellows!

Career Progress

579607697_Season2021.thumb.png.392be34b84a11d67f69413900f8593b0.png 

Edited by schnauzer

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪hednesford town fc‬‏
 Club | Facilities

J5ffuLP.png

My 1st try at this Challange, hope it will be fun

I liked the logo with the keys in this team, so I picked them up.

Hednesford Town Football Club is a football club based in Hednesford, Staffordshire, England.They play at Keys Park.

Honours

Spoiler
  • FA Trophy
    • Winners 2003–04
  • Southern League
    • Premier Division champions 1994–95
    • League Cup winners 2010–11[15]
    • Championship Trophy winners 1994–95[15]
  • West Midlands (Regional) League
    • Champions 1940–41, 1977–78
    • League Cup winners 1962–63, 1983–84[15]
  • Birmingham Combination
    • Champions 1909–10, 1950–51
  • Birmingham Senior Cup
    • Winners 1935–36, 2008–09, 2012–13[15]
  • Staffordshire Senior Cup
    • Winners 1897–98, 1969–70, 1973–74, 2012–13[15]

Edited by King Axther

image.png.4c24228c3c105c7efaf0757de41efad6.png

2024/25 Hungarian Division II season review - Putnok

The League

With no full backs of note, we switched to an attacking 3-2-3-2 formation. This quite predictably lead to a few open goalfests. In one game we needed to be creative when two of our four centrebacks were injured and the other two suspended.

We started reasonably safely, holding just below mid table, then in Feb, I agreed a deal I couldn't refuse for our star CB (see below). We dropped down to 17th by time the youth intake came in March. With some very talented recruits, we managed to lift our performance and finished in 13th position with the 5th best attack in the league and again, the worst defence.

We had a mini-run in the cup, making it to the 4th round.

The Players

Dávid Gábor YP25a is by far the best product from our youth academy so far. Our coaches said he was a star when he came in and can still improve a lot. He played 10 games after coming into the team and ended as our top scorer with 13 goals.

Unfortunately he wont sign a full time deal as he wants to play with better players. Hopefully some will come through next year. Dávid is very talented for this level and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in a full season.

Sándor Tarlósi YP25d is another of the young talents to be promoted to the first team this year. I'm looking to make him our first choice left wing next season.

Goalkeeper István Elek was the fans player of the season. He refuses to sign a new deal and will leave in July.

Extra Time

Our facilities got some heavy upgrades this season. Youth recruitment, data facilities, Junior coaching were all improved. Our youth recruitment is now considered 'excellent' and a 600k improvement to the training facilities is also in progress.

Transfers

The star from last years class of youth players, Dániel Bene YP24a, was the subject of a bidding war in the mid season transfer window. He wanted to go and we needed money. I managed to push the bids up to 275k +50% profit on next transfer.

Again, the funds help cover the facility upgrades.

njvjD5K.png

St. Ives 2022/23 Season Review

League Table    Playoffs    Youth Intake    Squad    Transfers

Well that was a ride. Amusingly, we finished 4th on the same 76 pts that got us 9th last season, just while scoring and conceding considerably more. At least the fans probably enjoyed it?

I didn't expect much from the playoffs so I'm not too disheartened at going out, but it would probably do some of these players good to move up the league system soon if they're to develop as rapidly as I'd like. The aim for next season seems clear.

Speaking of the youngsters, I'm quite happy with a bunch of them. Turner, Seeby, and Adu feature a lot with good performances and Austin did well as the cup keeper. Behind them, KnightJames, and Burton-Jones are making appearances as well, but senior competition for their spots is tougher.

For this year's intake there's some good potential if I'm to believe my staff, but no one looking particularly good from the get-go. Atkins comes closest with some good key attributes, but that unambitious personality is an issue. Fingers crossed some mentoring can set him straight.

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2022/23   Vanarama North      4th      Lost in Playoff 1st Rnd
2021/22   Vanarama North      9th      -
2020/21   Vanarama North      15th     -

7 hours ago, darren1983 said:

What an exciting new intake. Can't wait to introduce them to the team. What do you mean I've been sacked? :( 

Might have to take a little break from this challenge I fear :( 

Ouch! That intake looked so promising!

8 hours ago, darren1983 said:

What an exciting new intake. Can't wait to introduce them to the team. What do you mean I've been sacked? :( 

Might have to take a little break from this challenge I fear :( 

Ouch that is harsh! English life seems hard! But only thing to do is get back up on that horse ;) if i get sacked in Sweden i might try England

Il y a 1 heure, XaW a dit :

Looking like a 6th season in the VNN for us at the moment... This is much, MUCH harder than Kettering last year.

Dont give up! Focus the FA Cup, and hopefully you will get a lucky run.

I'm waiting the full release to start the challenge. In england, again, for the difficulty :D

Just a heads up to everyone. When you sign youth players on intake, make sure to not include any promises of them going on loan soon. I missed that part on the first intake (and even a few on the second), and it has led to players being extremely unhappy about me breaking promises to them! I of course could have loaned them out, but the Croatian league prohibits anyone under 17 to play league games. Some of the players are now refusing to sign contracts, and they have 5 star potential. Disastrous error! 

8 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Just a heads up to everyone. When you sign youth players on intake, make sure to not include any promises of them going on loan soon. I missed that part on the first intake (and even a few on the second), and it has led to players being extremely unhappy about me breaking promises to them! I of course could have loaned them out, but the Croatian league prohibits anyone under 17 to play league games. Some of the players are now refusing to sign contracts, and they have 5 star potential. Disastrous error! 

I did this in a different save, it was impossible to get the guy happy again. He was playing regularly for the first team for two years and happiness screen saying he was pleased with everything apart from not being able to go on loan 2 years ago to a much worse team.

Submitted it as a bug so maybe they will tweak this issue.

1 minute ago, Quacky said:

I did this in a different save, it was impossible to get the guy happy again. He was playing regularly for the first team for two years and happiness screen saying he was pleased with everything apart from not being able to go on loan 2 years ago to a much worse team.

Submitted it as a bug so maybe they will tweak this issue.

Yes I hope that first team football, which will be the case for a couple of them next season, will resolve the issue. It should to be fair. If not I just have to learn from this mistake! 

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Ouch! That intake looked so promising!

Yeah I got quite excited but I just couldn't arrest our form. The keeper and striker looked really promising too :( 

4 hours ago, Novafluff said:

Ouch that is harsh! English life seems hard! But only thing to do is get back up on that horse ;) if i get sacked in Sweden i might try England

2 hours ago, schnauzer said:

Keep going, 3rd time lucky! ;) 

Now I've slept on it I'm itching to get back :D

Got 1 last idea for an English side and if that doesn't work then I'll probably just go with Palermo as a final try.

37 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

Dont give up! Focus the FA Cup, and hopefully you will get a lucky run.

I'm waiting the full release to start the challenge. In england, again, for the difficulty :D

A bit of a spoiler for this season:

Spoiler

Got got quite far in the FA Cup this season, and drew Newcastle away. I expected a lot of money, but "only" got about £200k. While that puts me back into black (barely), it still doesn't help much. I really think I got almost a million in FM19, or am I dreaming?

That said, I'm continuing to slog along and will do so for a while more before getting bored.

53 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Just a heads up to everyone. When you sign youth players on intake, make sure to not include any promises of them going on loan soon. I missed that part on the first intake (and even a few on the second), and it has led to players being extremely unhappy about me breaking promises to them!

43 minutes ago, Quacky said:

I made this mistake for a few players from the first youth intake. I made sure to renew their contracts right before the Promise deadline to not lose them, and about a year later they all got over it. Probably not the best for their development, but don't give up on them just yet. It's possible to turn around.

38 minutes ago, Scab said:

I made this mistake for a few players from the first youth intake. I made sure to renew their contracts right before the Promise deadline to not lose them, and about a year later they all got over it. Probably not the best for their development, but don't give up on them just yet. It's possible to turn around.

Thats good! I have 3 year extension clauses in every youth contract so if they want to be miserable, they will be for a long time! 

I actually sold one of them. He had promise on the pitch, but a terrible personality and all he was doing was complaining. Every week I had to talk with him about broken promises... Shipped him off! 

Pace, good personality, natural on both wings.

So the board sold him from under me for £115K with no sell on's, I managed to protest the transfer once at about £80K but they took the second offer. Now he's at the only Superleague side that is worse than my team.

image.thumb.png.f4d203b8b596b29d7b8720bb9d774189.png

1 hour ago, King Axther said:

After 21 games in my 1st season, I got my 1st win in the league, only god knows how wasnt I sacked for being last place this whole time. oof.

This is so hard and frustrating, I LOVE IT

I feel the same way! I was really annoyed about what happened in my Whitby save, but it has set me up nicely for playing as Folkestone! Whatever happens keep going with it :) 

Dávid Gabor ended up being poached by MTK on deadline day for compensation. The compensation structure is interesting.

300k up front, 10k per game for 40 games, 100k when he makes his first national team appearance and 15% profit of future sale.

The transfer amount is increasing with every game he plays.

He left us in 4th spot with a total of 26 goals from 17 appearances across two 'part' seasons. I'll definitely monitor his progress.

Now I need to change my 'Pass it to Dávid' tactic.

3 hours ago, schnauzer said:

I feel the same way! I was really annoyed about what happened in my Whitby save, but it has set me up nicely for playing as Folkestone! Whatever happens keep going with it :) 

Well I got fired, But we gave a fight!

After 21 games we had 7 points and we were last place

I got sacked after 41 games, we had 27 points :/

Im so mad and tilted, I guess ill try again tomorrow with a diffrent team this time.

1 hour ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

quick question, for my save one of my yearly or future goals is signing under 23 year olds. considering im not signing anyone, can that cause me to be sacked ?   ive not started yet so just wondering

You could, but only if you do poor to begin with. My team have a vision of signing players to sell for profit, and I've signed none.... And I'm still keeping my job.