The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Logo of FC Dynamo Bryansk.png

2026/2027 - Extra Update - We're All Going on a European Tour

With one game to go, we have qualified for at least the UEFA European Conference League. 

image.thumb.png.1273a6854974b1178d5ad094ae2545fc.png

3rd place will take the Europa League spot, the unfortunate thing is I take on second place Spartak Moscow, a team who in the past my results look like...

image.png.ad89511c26c797292864f89770075f08.png

They are the only club, that I have not even taken a single point off in the time as a Premier League side. 

Edited by ATW

Logo of FC Dynamo Bryansk.png

2026/2027 End of Season Update - European Conference League qualification

Well we failed to get into the Europa League, although we did pick up our very first point against Spartak, in our 8th attempt, drawing 1-1.  I also love the fact the board congratulated me with a slightly passive aggressive tone, lets forget we expected to end 16th at the start of the season...

League Table

image.thumb.png.39d08ce1a618e7405234ea6f216c5334.png

Sixteen wins in one season, when you think in the previous three seasons we have won 17 games combined, I am really happy. 

Message from Board

image.thumb.png.78ce3bb451fdea9bb723c52d8fb82a83.png

Passive aggressiveness for the win! 

Transfers

Dinamo Bryansk

image.thumb.png.115a50c8e45ae929ca0f507ff3dfd1ee.png

Dinamo Bryansk-2

image.thumb.png.43eb0753e7e5c61a1ef73615d4de10b7.png

Facilities/Off Field

The Club had finished upgrading the Youth Facilities to Adequate, but have again agreed to further upgrade.  We're going places people.

image.thumb.png.c35b6dea5757024f5e23b4de4ec79e70.png

Have also, made more improvements in the Junior Recruitment and Coaching area. 

image.png.a6c0f9334c9745bf0dc1c8456aabe350.png

At a Glance

image.thumb.png.d57d233c79e5c0bafd4b848cdf79d755.png

Oborishte Panagyurishte

300px-FC_Oborishte_logo.png

2029/2030

Parva League 2ndChampionship Group 2nd

Fixtures (1) -- Fixtures (2) -- Stats -- Awards -- Season Review -- Transfer -- Overall Best XI -- Key Player -- Hot Prospect -- Squad -- Finances

A very good start to the year with a little ‘drop off’ in form towards the end of the initial phase of the season after the winter break saw us end up in 2nd going into the Championship group a feat we managed to achieve with our goals conceded in the single figures column. I felt we’d drop off a bit in the Championship Group which we did a little but not as much as I had thought managing to fight our way to a 2nd place finish – in player quality we are far from the 2nd best so I’m very happy with our finishing spot this year. A disappointing performance in the cup out in the second round again.

The best players this year

Kiril Peshev 5b: Peshev 5b continues to just play well, he hasn’t developed much over the last year or so but again if he performs well it’s all good.

Martin Rusev 6a: Rusev 6a had another solid season for us, and is our most valuable player (I don’t know why he’s over double everyone else though). Another 10 goals and 6 assists in the league for Rusev in a good season.

Ahmed Genchev 2b: Genchev 2b rounds out a top 3 of the same players that featured on it last year, 6 goals and 5 assists a decent return from the midfield, though his end of season form was worrying.

Youth Intake

Underwhelmed is how I’d describe this years intake, I can’t really see many of these players challenging for first team spots in the coming years which is a bit of a disappointment except maybe one.

73fda1e9a31d4603de89c599bf5454be.png

Valentin Zafirov 10a: Perhaps the only player from this years intake that I think could help the first team squad out, though if he is to it’ll likely be retrained as a central midfielder rather than an attacking midfielder.

News/Looking Ahead

The board did agree to improve our youth facilities so that should help youth intakes going forward.

I’d love to see us manage to get another 2nd place finish next season but I know we’re not quite there quality wise to get there easily, anywhere in the top 6 would be nice enough and hopefully we can do ok in Europe if anything to improve our finances.

1f50cadf0a744d08dc12675506765ba7.png

1069554514_flandrialogo.png.88bebf2af9b65cf21bcb82c6cca9832d.png
Flandria - Season 2020-2021
League - Playoffs - Transfers - Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3 - Youth Intake - Balanda

So, Romania was a failure. I love this challenge and the way of playing too much to give it up even though I'm failing a lot haha.
Anyway, back to Argentina. Flandria. Founded by a guy from Flanders where I live. They also play in the same colours as my favourite football team, KSC Lokeren-Temse (new merged club after my club, KSC Lokeren went bankrupt this month :( Guaranteed youth challenge next FM with my local team tho! :) We're starting in 4th tier and 3rd tier is playable in the default db!)

So, we started the league horribly. But after a tactical switch we marched and marched on! We finished on a decent spot but we were chanceless in the playoffs.  Good season nevertheless.
The board also decided to improve all facilities!

Our youth intake sucked. Only 4 players worth a slight mention but I'm showing Balanda 20A who's showing the most progress.
At home we play a vertical tiki taka 424. Away we play a fluid counter 4141DM wide.
Seems to work miracles at the moment.  I'm letting go of some players who won't make the cut.

@XaW: what are your best tips to get great youth personalites like I see you having a lot?

https://i.gyazo.com/ec35ec7b98eaa438a1b5cec57777084f.png

19 minutes ago, OrToDaRy282 said:

@XaW: what are your best tips to get great youth personalites like I see you having a lot?

I make sure all staff members have good ones.

62dNKME.png

Trying to get in all Model Citizens I can afford. Then it's Model Professionals, Professionals, Perfectionists, Resolutes and a few others, and if nothing else Fairly Professionals or Fairly Ambitious. All with high determination, of course. And it's important to note that I think that "Balanced" is a bad personality. Balanced only means "the rest", so 1-14 in all hidden stats. You could get lucky and have a good balanced, but also a bad balanced. So Balanced is not what you want, you want high professionalism, ambition and determination. High ranks in those three are the best way for a player to reach their potential. So I'm looking for staff with high ranks in those as well, so they can rub off on the youth players. Especially for the HoYD. My current HoYD

VnGa4vK.png

isn't very good, but he is a perfectionist, so at least I know he has high ranks in all 3, but low temperament. A decent tradeoff. Now, I'm looking at changing him out, but I can't get in any better ones at the moment. Sure, better in stats, but not personality.

Edit: Oh, and when you have a good base, then the ones with poorer personalities will be influenced so I often get a lot of these:

EnQDfER.png

Of the 3 key stats you can only see determination, but seeing it go up is very nice!

9XTbE1Y.png

For the others you need to rely on coach reports.

HG7CyT2.png

So he has a nice level of professionalism, based on the "professional manner" comment, but he has low pressure.

Comparing him to one of my more mature players.

qh4QT6G.png

This guy has a "resolute" personality, and that means high ranks (15-20) in professionalism and determination, and no mention of low pressure. So hopefully, the kid will improve his pressure from his squad mates over time. A slight concern is that he has low consistency, but that is something I've had issues improving in this challenge since forever...

Edited by XaW

Club Introduction

Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur

File:Emblem of Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

The Manager

lIO8nl8.png lD1mmqG.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Average              Average           Poor                      Adequate              Adequate         Average            Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League          Europa League             Europa Conference League     League              Position   Bikarkeppni     Lengjubikarinn   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

Youth Candidates

Season 2020

Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur

I think I am quite pleased overall, as there is a lot of depth.  Such a shame two of the three best players are both left wingers though.  Retraining required for one of them!

2KRhllA.png

XacfZB6.png

4QLG6Sr.png fpuiUw9.png uzArfhL.png

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2020

Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur

League Table - We actually won the league without playing as our game on the final day was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.  We are in no way ready for the top flight though.

League Fixtures - A good campaign, with minimal complaints.

Bikarkeppni - A good enough cup run, though very disappointing to lose at home to fellow second tier side Haukar in the fourth round, especially as we dominated the entire match, but just couldn't score.

Lengjubikarinn - On the face of it, coming second in our group should be encouraging.  But we only needed a point from the last two games, both at home and we would of qualified for the semi final.  We lost them both.

Lengjubikarinn Fixtures - Excellent start, appalling end.

Pre Season Friendlies - An unbeaten pre season, which I am delighted with, especially as we had nine fixtures against top flight clubs.

Squad - The players definitely played above themselves this season.

Squad Dynamics - Everyone likes everyone else.  Which is nice.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the one departure, a youngster who started to cry when I spoke a little loudly to the squad after a defeat.

Youth Candidates - A "Golden Generation" with plenty of first team potential.  Ásgeir Örn Lúðvíksson YP20A1 looks like the best of this group.

Finances - Not good.  Not good at all.

Key Players

Bernard Itoua - Quite simply, the best player at the club.  He is 31 years old now, so I need him to hang around for a while yet.

Ívan Óli Santos - Teenage striker who came through the academy before I arrived.  Is destined for bigger and better things.

Aron Gauti Magnússon - Midfield lynch pin who is still only 23 years old.

Viktor Örn Guðmundsson - Left winger who can terrorise defences on his day.

Róbert Andri Ómarsson - Teenage midfielder who is the future of the club.

Next Season

Survival.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020       Minimal = (0.50*) ↑   None =                    3 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   3 ↑   3 ↑   3 ↑   4 =   1 =   3 ↑   3 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Average              Average           Poor                      Adequate              Adequate         Average            Regional   (1.50*)
2020       Average =            Average =         Poor =                    Adequate =            Adequate =       Average =          Regional = (1.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020         30        17        7        6          48              24                 +24

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020             30        17        7        6          48              24                 +24              302 days

Trophy Haul

2020       Inkasso-deildin.

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Inkasso-deildin x 1 (2020).

Career Overview

Season     Champions League          Europa League             Europa Conference League     League              Position   Bikarkeppni     Lengjubikarinn   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020             N/a                      N/a                             N/a               Inkasso-deildin        1st     Fourth round    Group stage      Promoted as champions.

2020       Ásgeir Örn Lúðvíksson                     1

2020       None                                   0

2020       None                                    0

Edited by DazRTaylor

2042/43 End of Season Review

cff7941bbdadc29fd3e09a83646c1c09.png

Survival again.

6b49d5ae40830440c0ebeb1772bf4d94.pngff5772a2b4816edaf1a593500c1c59fd.png

Tried using one of the best rated FM tactics to help results for some of the season, it's impact was indifferent.

936af344bf65c9b42c42d6aba5462333.png

43c760c70338a64b77bd90a6efc5c172.png

Overall Best XI

8c1ec9da431e234c95e10fc6746ca531.png

2042/43 Best XI

Steve Buckley (YP12c)

Joseph Afolabi (YP22c) - Zac Kirby (YP16c)

Matt Shaw (YP18c) - Charlie Thompson (YP17d) - Matt Sweeney (YP19g)

Aboubacar Diallo (YP13b)                        Lee Chalmers (YP19c) - Mart Mulder (YP20a)

Cameron Broughton (YP17a)            

George Godwin (YP13a)

7eeceea856dcb6ff1c0a8a8d46f88937.png

Hitchin 2020/2021 season:

image.thumb.png.f3194d3b370064632531acbc7461ce02.png

image.thumb.png.e4793f7dd1c13dab0a569face6e69b77.png

Started badly with 6 points from the opening 13 games operating as a 4-2(DM)-2(wide)-2 formation. Switched to 4-1-2-2-1 from then on and went on a good run in the middle of the season before it curtailed again at the end.

Very low number of goals scored so something to work on for the next season,

image.thumb.png.e8b5a2592c13a96bc28760c3f383fc19.png

Youth Intake (no nickname = grey player):

image.thumb.png.3615ce59c6482999b26c8c0d357d0330.png

21b,c,e & j pushed straight in to first team to help bulk out the squad.

1 minute ago, Brother Ben said:

@DazRTaylor Do you know which Icelandic teams are available for this challenge, I'm noticing some don't appear to have youth teams and some seem to have shared youth teams so no idea how that would work?

ÍR and Völsungur are the ones I know about.

2 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Yep looks like they're the only ones with their own youth teams, i've no idea how the joint youth sides work though

I tried for a short season or two, and it kind of works like an affiliate. So you have to loan out players to the U19s side, but there is no way of knowing if they play or anything. No way to controlling training and such. In addition, you have to keep everyone in your squad so they clutter up the main squad view. I couldn't handle it anymore, so I abandoned that.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

I tried for a short season or two, and it kind of works like an affiliate. So you have to loan out players to the U19s side, but there is no way of knowing if they play or anything. No way to controlling training and such. In addition, you have to keep everyone in your squad so they clutter up the main squad view. I couldn't handle it anymore, so I abandoned that.

So you do get an intake into your main squad then, you just get the option to loan them to this joint side?

Does sound annoying

9rzr8o98.png

Table (13th) - Squad - No transfers - Manager profile

Season review

After trying this numerous times in England in previous editions of FM, I'm giving the challenge a go in Portugal. It's been ages since I played there, so I forgot what a hellhole the 3rd division is: 5 clubs relegate to the 4th tier... Promotion to the second division will also be hard, but that won't be our concern the next few years. :rolleyes: 

I chose the Cape Verdian club EA Bragança, even though I knew from the very beginning this would probably be the most difficult challenge I ever faced in FM. The squad was just terrible, only having 2 defenders and 5 (!) goalkeepers and no real striker... Apart from this, the quality wasn't too good either while the other teams in the Portugese third division are actually quite decent. Especially the B-teams of higher division teams, we even faced Vitoria Guimarães' Uruguayan full back Maxi Pereira (ex-Porto) for example lol. In constrast to him, my 5* quality players are - well - something else. Meet some of the star players of our club: our wingers Davy & Alex Junior. On a positive note, the personalities & determination of the first team players are promising and should provide helpful to our upcoming youth players. 

The season itself was, as expected, no walk in the park. It took us 19 games to get jump out of the relegation zone for the first time. This is not much of a surprise, knowing I really struggled to find a suitable tactic for my available players. We started off using this weird, assymetric 3-5-2-0, switching to a more well-balanced 3-5-1-1 after some months of necessary training. We played quite some games only starting 1 real defender, since our youth prospect Furtado  had difficulties with the amount of games he had to play and struggled with his fitness. I mean, I can't blame him. The guy earns €6 a week in the Portugese third division, that's what I get to attend half a training session in my country lowest divisions...

We finished 13th in the division, just above the relegation spots and I must say I celebrated each and every victory as if it was a CL final. :D Most notable players were previously mentioned Alex Junior (9 goals, 10 assists), our captain and by far, far, very far, our best player Tito and Paulo Gomes who served as our striker. Scoring 10 goals is a massive achievement if you look at his stats.

Youth intake

4lvgh4.png

A lot of much needed new players, obviously signed all of them apart from the unambitious goalie. However it's hard to determine how talented these guys really are, since my current squad is just so damn terrible. II believe any kid being able to kick a ball would get 5* PA at this point. 'll see how these kids turn out to be next season and highlight the most important/talented ones!

Aim for next season 

A season of consolidation, please. Would be nice to win some more games and escape the drop zone a little earlier, but I'm already happy I will have a more balanced squad next season. I still have to determine which tactic I'll use. We will have enough depth in defence, but no left back... Might stick to my 3 CB defence for now!

18 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

ÍR share a youth team with Lettir.  ÍR have a separatye reserve side where I put youth players not good enough yet for the first team.  Any Icelandic side without a reserve side, just ask the board to create one.

Good to know, i'll give it a go, wanted to try a club nobody else on the thread had tried

2043/44 End of Season Review

b46fb68493624b8c8193118328bfe222.png

A better season, 20 points clear of the relegation zone.

fa7ff2c30031133387283d26441abdd9.png

366c459897fa3a552ef92d8f32536154.pnga6d96fdde5ff25e1b759ee38953506b6.png

26acfa6089a625cd28a3e413f7c6f1a0.png

7b2102b95c3756b57eb0bb8b3f7b3872.png

Overall Best XI

72751e2a47f4c3c243d9cdf8dc237aa2.png

2043/44 Best XI

Steve Buckley (YP12c)

Aboubacar Diallo (YP13b)                        Lee Chalmers (YP19c) - Mart Mulder (YP20a)

George Godwin (YP13a)

e767b960e33c77e62f0cbfec6cc0cfe1.png

48 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

I'm at a loss, do I sell, or do I keep and annoy him - he does have another four years on his contract

302eac12213796da406d54dbbf1f2604.png

Here's the offer we negotiated

55946a3670607c145a16bfc43c2cdb09.png

I always keep them, some of time they can become happy again

The only time I don't is if they are in the last year of their contact and no intention of signing a new one. At least can get some money then

Edited by Padders

Thanks to the Bulgarian Coefficient increasing for last season we made it to Champions League Qualifying where winning one tie guaranteed us at least Europa League Group stage, and after losing out on further Champions League Qualifiers we got our Europa Group

fc1d2c703b1d4686659fbdfea1109c28.png

1 minute ago, Padders said:

I always keep them, some of time they can become happy again

I think I'm going to sell him, purely because the rest of the team is nowhere near his quality meaning it's a long time till we'll be able to properly challenge in the Champions League and selling him will allow me to improve facilities, though Europa League is sure to give us money too

End of Season Review

Season 2021

Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur

League Table - Amazingly, we won the league.  Quite comfortably as well.

League Fixtures - Consistency was the key.

Bikarkeppni -We lost on penalties at home to Value in the second round.

Lengjubikarinn - We won our group, qualifying for the semi final.  We won that, before losing on penalties in the final to second tier side Leiknir F.

Lengjubikarinn Fixtures - A good campaign, before surprisingly losing the final.

Pre Season Friendlies - Just the one defeat, to third tier side Vestri.

Squad - Nowhere near good enough.  Not quite sure how we won the title.

Squad Dynamics - As you would expect, everyone loves everyone else.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Five youngsters left on loan otherwise, nothing happened.

Youth Candidates - A so called "Golden Generation".  I don't see it, though Guðjon Einarsson YP21A12 looks very promising.

Finances - Very bad.  We need a good European run to get some cash into the club.

Key Players

Bernard Itoua - The centre back continues to be the best player we have.  Aging, but his performances remain high.  Amazingly, he scored a goal a game from sixteen appearances.

Ívan Óli Santos - Star striker who wants to leave and whose contract is about to expire.

Aron Gauti Magnússon - Another cracking season from the midfielder.

Viktor Örn Guðmundsson - Left back who is not getting any younger.  Played well enough to retain his place, however.

Ásgeir Örn Lúðvíksson YP20A1 - The academy product to firmly establish himself in the starting eleven.

Next Season

A repeat?

Personal Coaching Data

2020       Minimal = (0.50*) ↑   None =                    3 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   3 ↑   3 ↑   3 ↑   4 =   1 =   3 ↑   3 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑
2021       Decent ↑  (2.00*) ↑   Continental C ↑↑↑↑        9 ↑   8 ↑   2 ↑   3 ↑   3 ↑   4 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   7 ↑   1 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑  13 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑

Club Facilities

2020       Average =            Average =         Poor =                    Adequate =            Adequate =       Average =          Regional = (1.50*) =
2021       Average =            Average =         Poor =                    Adequate =            Adequate =       Average =          Regional = (2.00*) ↑

Season Record

2020         30        17        7        6          48              24                 +24
2021         30        20        6        4          60              25                 +35

Overall Career Record

2020             30        17        7        6          48              24                 +24              302 days
2021             60        37       13       10         108              49                 +59              673 days

Trophy Haul

2020       Inkasso-deildin.
2021       Pepsi Max deildin.

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Pepsi Max deildin x 1 (2021).
Inkasso-deildin x 1 (2020).

Career Overview

2020             N/a                      N/a                             N/a               Inkasso-deildin        1st     Fourth round    Group stage      Promoted as champions.
2021             N/a                      N/a                             N/a               Pepsi Max deildin      1st ↑   Third round ↓   Runners up ↑     League champions.

2020       Ásgeir Örn Lúðvíksson                     1
2021       Ásgeir Örn Lúðvíksson                    29

2020       None                                   0
2021       Ásgeir Örn Lúðvíksson                  6

2020       None                                    0
2021       Ásgeir Örn Lúðvíksson                   7

Just now, DazRTaylor said:

How on earth has it been so simple to win the title in Iceland?  I may go back to my FC United save as at least it was hard.  Two seasons in Iceland and already won the top flight.  Six seasons in at FC United and still non league.

I didn't have it that easy there, but the hard part was really doing anything in Europe... It took a long while to get to any type of group stage!

2044/45 End of Season Review

fbe9cf6335ee56ecb2d653bdea2c6e24.png

Lots of high scoring games and we finish right up in 13th! I've also gotten rid of a lot of our reserves which has put our wage spend at it's lowest ever!

2fa6bc5b897b5f7c75578cb00cd6f5f9.png9064c5cd26bb4fba796cb94b1e6891f4.png

af9194b8b49fddedd199a56ed264ce5c.png

6533827d2990d32503d3d28fca3506a0.png

Overall Best XI

bad1d90fd1e6d03a15dbacca2c6aedd8.png

2044/45 Best XI

Steve Buckley (YP12c)

George Godwin (YP13a)

3ee51218685abe074cea9f954eb3fb53.png

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Looks like a slight upturn there @Makoto Nakamura! Perhaps getting better academy coaching will help you, if you can get it? That was what got me much better players.

I think in FMT I have no say over Junior Coaching or Youth Recruitment, the board decides to improve them when they want (we've had one improvement and that was 15 seasons ago now) I only have option to improve Training Facilities & Youth Level (which I guess is Youth Facilities + Level) and it's a whole lot more difficult to get the money together to improve the Youth Facilities. Thankfully as I've mentioned in my review, I've managed to slash our wage spend and our attendance is still going up (We were 7th in average attendance this season) and currently have almost £800k in the bank, all we need now is a reputation that the board deems high enough to warrant a 2nd Youth Facility improvement.

4 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I think in FMT I have no say over Junior Coaching or Youth Recruitment, the board decides to improve them when they want (we've had one improvement and that was 15 seasons ago now) I only have option to improve Training Facilities & Youth Level (which I guess is Youth Facilities + Level) and it's a whole lot more difficult to get the money together to improve the Youth Facilities. Thankfully as I've mentioned in my review, I've managed to slash our wage spend and our attendance is still going up (We were 7th in average attendance this season) and currently have almost £800k in the bank, all we need now is a reputation that the board deems high enough to warrant a 2nd Youth Facility improvement.

Ahh, so you can't ask for that in FMT... I didn't know that! Hopefully they will decide to improve it them selves then, as well as facilities and level!