Sports Interactive Community
darren1983

The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

Belfast Celtic FC (N. Ireland)
Season 5 - 2024/25

Improvement. This year we took part in the promotion group in the league and finished in 5th place. We would have finished in 4th if we had not decided to go on collective holiday with three matches still to play.
But I cannot complain. A better and more comfortable season. After my joy, in the previous post, regarding our two first league matches, and the amount of chances we created, we went through a bad period. It coincided with our best player, Aaron Hunter, leaving us for Larne. In this period, we missed penalties, got a red card, and furthermore, we actually received two red cards in a match twice in this period. I started to fear for relegation, but we steadied the ship and got through it.

League (Results 1, Results 2, Cups, League Chart) - We stuttered in the beginning after losing Aaron Hunter after two matches. We received £13.7k in compensation, which resulted in him being our record sale. It is nice, but we lost a good player, and the transfer fee can only help to even out our losses. But we received an ok transfer fee, and he was too good to play in this league, so all in all it is ok. 
We recovered and improved, and in the end we had a strong season taking part in the promotion group and thereby finishing in our highest position ever, free of relegation. That was nice.
In the Irish Cup, we went to the 6th round, where we lost to a very strong Larne side. A strong run in the cup that matters (I say when we flopped spectacularly in the other cup tournaments :)).

Team - Our golden generation from last year went straight into the first team this year. Because they are by far both the best and most promising players in our team.
In midfield, Steve O'Sullivan had a very strong season as a ball winning midfielder, and beside him Adrian Byrne, more offensive, also improved the midfield with vision, pace, flair and technique.
A massively improved midfield. And Paul McGovern increases the competion. On right wing, Alan McNeill had another strong season. But I strugled to find a replacement on left wing for Aaron Hunter. I am currently playing with one of my many attackers which is not ideal.
In our attack, it was another matter. On paper Neil Willis looked very promising, but he ended up scoring only two goals. But he is young and can improve. My other main striker Glenn Teer from the first youth intake was our top scorer with only 8 goals. Our legendary striker Darren Stuart sadly did not have the required quality anymore and did not play. But we did miss his goals. Luckily, as we improved in the league many other players each chipped in with some goals. So the goals are distributed better this season.

Facilities - I am still jumping up and down. After the season, I managed to pursuade the board to once again upgrade both Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment. They are now both Exceptional, and have actually been upgraded each season. This is fantastic for future prospects of this challenge, and also why I am not completely gutted at losing Aaron Hunter. I am confident, that we will have some very exciting players come through our youth system in the coming years.
This setup should, given time, be more than enough to get us promoted and also take us to the top of Northern Irish football. Hopefully, I can maintain the facilities.

I read online, that the highest level of Youth Recruitment is Extensive. Has this been changed to Exceptional or am I still missing a level?

Finances - With the record transfer fee received for Aron Hunter and regular cash injections, we have managed to avoid a big and growing loss this season. Finances are relatively ok.

Youth Intake - What an intake! The intake facilities upgrades are really showing their worth now. This is what makes this challenge so exciting. Jimmy Keogh 1Jimmy Keogh 2 was from day one our best striker and has scored 5 goals in 5 matches. Kieran Brown also looks like he could be better than our other strikers in a couple of seasons. We have received a lot of strikers in our intakes, so I have to go through them now and move some of the less promising on.
Marty Finlay went straight into our defense and Elliot Magee should furthermore also provide increased quality in the defense in the coming years.
I can't wait for march 2026 to arrive :)

Edit: Almost forgot. No incoming transfers.

Goal for next season: I cannot decide. A promotion would mean, that we might be able to hold on to more of our most promising players. On the other hand, our young squad would benefit from another comfortable season at this level. But I don't think a promotion is all that realistic. A comfortable mid-finish it is.

2020-01-17_201932de4b2759cde95e1c.png

2020-01-17_202016e4ea53a511dc4cc0.png

Edited by andershs

I'm not certain @andbec, but I would assume an U18 team will be created at the next youth intake. If you're unsure, you could always just simulate a season until the next youth intake and see what happens, then revert to your old save and actually play the season through.

Edited by PJHoutman88

tienen.jpg.fd4af1c52e893857a975c73f7033b394.jpg

Koninklijke Voetbal Klub Tienen-Hageland - 2031/32 Season - Belgian Pro League B

It was a struggle for much of the season but we were able to stay up in the league. Finished 7th and had a chance at 6th but fell short. There is a 5 game relegation playoff between the 7th and 8th place teams and we went 3-1-1 to secure our place in the league.

table32.thumb.jpg.3f0e5fda21025b88d6b03ebeb7037ba6.jpgtransfers32.thumb.jpg.beaa1c0c7bb849886c710c671835e42a.jpg

We need to get better. I see some of my long standing players are likely just not good enough to really lead me to glory so I need to start phasing them out and playing more youngsters. I've already seen a couple of the younger guys are better than my older players.

I had the ~$15M windfall in money 2 seasons ago from the sale of a player but almost all of it is gone. I thought it would last longer but with it I have improved my facilities a couple times so that should help with the youth pulls. But with that money and promotion came higher salary demands from the players so I need to keep pushing forward. It could be a disaster if I get relegated again. But the board is still giving plenty of money for salaries this coming season. But I'm concerned that as the finances crash, the budget just won't keep up with the player salaries.

squad32.thumb.jpg.d99fcf0265dd36425442eb35ad3e570d.jpgtienen32.thumb.jpg.224ccec25e826cb48dc19d95f24b2214.jpg

There is some promise in the youth pull, I think this is one of our better groups over the past few years. Though I have noticed alot of my best youngsters are AM(C)'s. I don't play with an AM(C) so I might have to adjust my formation.

32youth.thumb.jpg.8ef538995b5c6370e43d58e8c1207971.jpg

I've decided to start again due to not enjoying the current save.

I'm off to Italy to manage Montebelluna. I'm sure that's the name of a mushroom or something :D

image.thumb.png.d37b3ec2877c2502339d969e107c0f7e.png

1 hour ago, PJHoutman88 said:

I'm not certain @andbec, but I would assume an U18 team will be created at the next youth intake. If you're unsure, you could always just simulate a season until the next youth intake and see what happens, then revert to your old save and actually play the season through.

I have only a reserve squad at IR and i get my youth intake players in that  squad. 

Lots of rumours of a takeover for us now...

JKfkeWs.png

ZKWbaSC.png

S.S.D. Latina Calcio 1932

Season 10 // Serie B

On The Pitch

Back after a break and with a very successful season, the highest ranking in the club history. The promotion play-offs would have been possible, but a bad run at the end of the season (3 losses, 1 draw from the last 4 games without scoring a single goal) saw us drop from 6th to 9th.

We are much more solid in the back, now. „Only“ 44 goals against us (compared to 59 last year) is by far the best we had in Serie B. Some little tweaks in our tactic and some player improvement played a big role there.

Key Players

Mario Mone (05A): Again our best goalscorer. Set a record for highest average rating for our club. Is one of the few players who could play for other teams in this league and that concerns me. Hope no one comes in with a big bid for him (has a release clause but only for clubs in a higher league, but they are not interested in him, yet).

Andrea Lasalandra (05B): A big reason we conceded fewer goals. He has not the great attributes for a defender, but he wins a lot of times the ball back. Was even voted the best defender in the whole league.

Off The Pitch

We are building a new stadium. That's a good thing, because we are sold out or close to sold out every week. And the stadium sponsorship could bring a lot of money in. But the next 2 years will be hard. After I straightened the finances, the monthly interest will put us back in the red again next season and even deeper into debt the year after that. So no further investments for 2 years. 2032 the stadium sponsorship money should turn the ship around. I hope that's the way it works.

Not an intake to celebrate. Let's see if one of them will make it into the first team

Guglielmo Cerasaro (10A): The best one. The problem is: I am not playing with wingers at the moment and it doesn't look like this will change the next few years. So I need to re-train him. Could become a right-back, because marking and tackling are solid already, and he would be one of 2 players who could challenge Andrea Lasalandra (05B) for his first-team-spot in the next few seasons.

Mirko Anselmi (10B): gives us a little more squad depth in central defend. But with some bad technicals and mentals I can't imagine him becoming a first team regular anytime.

Simone De Cillis (10C): Since I am playing with 3 strikers at the moment he could become useful if we use that formation the next years.

Next Season

I don't have really a big target. Players need to improve. It would be nice to get in the promotion play-offs for the first time – just to show progress, but I would take any position out of the drop zone. Because: If I compare players I am still the worst team in this league.

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Playoffs Coppa Italia Coppa Italia di Serie C Europe Squad Key Player Best Goalscorer Intake Best New Prospect Team Of The Season Miscellaneous
2020/2021 Serie C Girone C 16th - - Group Stage, 2nd - Squad Salvatore Ciulla Federico Cardella - 6 Intake Carlo Di Mambro (01A) 4-3-2-1 National C Licence
2021/2022 Serie C Girone C 9th 1st Round 1st Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Luigi Fontana Luigi Fontana - 13 Intake Alessandro Colella (02A) 4-4-2 National B Licence, National A Licence, Youth and training facilities upgraded, Youth recruitment upgraded
2022/2023 Serie C Girone C 12th - - Qtr Final - Squad Fabio Fiori Luigi Fontana - 15 Intake Emanuele Esposito (03A) 4-4-2 Continental C Licence, Continental B Licence
2023/2024 Serie C Girone B 15th - 2nd Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Fabio Fiori Fabio Fiori - 16 Intake Angelo Polverini (04A) 4-4-2 Continental A Licence
2024/2025 Serie C Girone C 11th 1st Round 4th Qual. Round 1st Round - Squad Emanuele Esposito (03A) Fabio Fiori - 16 Intake Mario Mone (05A) 4-4-2 Continental Pro Licence, Training facilities downgraded
2025/2026 Serie C Girone C 4th Winner - Group Stage, 2nd - Squad Fabio Fiori Fabio Fiori - 24 Intake - 4-4-2 Promotion to Serie B
2026/2027 Serie B 13th - 3rd Qual. Round - - Squad Francesco Indelicato (03B) Fabio Fiori - 20 Intake Giuseppe Romani (07A) 3-4-3  
2027/2028 Serie B 13th - 3rd Qual. Round - - Squad Maurizio Cenci Mario Mone (05A) - 18 Intake Giulio Bizzaglia (08A) 3-4-3 Youth recruitment upgraded, Shared training facilites
2028/2029 Serie B 14th - First Round - - Squad Mario Mone (05A) Mario Mone (05A - 17 Intake Santi Tacconi (09A) 4-3-3 Improved Junior Coaching, Data Analysis facilities upgraded
2029/2030 Serie B 9th - 2nd Qual. Round - - Squad Andrea Lasalandra (05B) Mario Mone (05A- 17 Intake Guglielmo Cerasaro (10A) 4-3-3 Improved Junior Coaching, Youth facilities upgraded

The Facilites
Year Training Data Analysis Youth Junior Youth R.
Start Below Average Poor Basic Fairly Basic Average
2021 Below Average Poor Basic Fairly Basic Average
2022 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2023 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2024 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2025 Below Average Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2026 Below Average Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2027 Below Average Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2028 Good (Shared) Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Good
2029 Good (Shared) Basic Below Average Below Average Good
2030 Good (Shared) Basic Adequate Adequate Good

Have to go to work so can't play the playoffs yet, but couldn't wait to share this. Absolute scenes as we beat St. Albans 1-0 in the final game of the season to pip them to a playoff spot by lottery. 

luckofthedraw.png

Great progress in different posts. Enjoyable to read. Keep it up.

A clear indication, that our last two intakes have been of increased quality.

Four U19-nationals for Ireland and our most promising striker from last year has already played for the N. Ireland U19's.

Moreover, for the first time, we were this year predicted to finish 6th. In all previous season the prediction was bottom of the table regardless of the division.

Promising... If I can keep hold of my players. Currently they are on youth contracts, but I have to rely on their loyality and happiness once they go to Non-Contracts.

This has worked well so far, but my young players are better and more promising now, and generating more interest from bigger clubs, so a switch to Professional status and regular contracts would help us and allow us some more security and stability.

20200118130012_107db629afb8571ca.jpg

I think I've had a bug in my game, I haven't gotten any youth intake this season...

saUMxEh.png

I'm in April, but the intake says it should have happened in March... I'll keep playing though, and I really hope I get one next season...

46 minutes ago, XaW said:

I think I've had a bug in my game, I haven't gotten any youth intake this season...

saUMxEh.png

I'm in April, but the intake says it should have happened in March... I'll keep playing though, and I really hope I get one next season...

I have a backup a few months old, and when I tried to holiday to the intake worked. So I'll go back to February and play normally from then since I somehow didn't get it. A bit annoying to lose a few months (I even ended in the European spots!), but I need intakes.

Edited by XaW

Is it a bug? I ask a wall with 2 players and i only have 1 in this example.

20200118175458_1.thumb.jpg.53c5659004dabc843971551722f5e659.jpg20200118175841_1.thumb.jpg.ed5b3f44cd16008e00d1f31f620e229d.jpg

Edited by SpS_Zen

XaW - Caersws - 2023/24

peEskM8h_400x400.jpg

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Full disclosure; As I wrote above, I had to replay the last few months of the season since I didn't get a youth intake. In that run I went out of the Welsh Cup in the 4th round and I finished 3rd in the league. Really annoying, but I think it should be ok due to the lack of an intake. I usually don't reload like this, but I didn't feel I had any choice in the matter. Now, on to the season summary.

The season started pretty good, and I really notice the players have grown by playing the last few seasons. We are having fewer of the horrible results due to the lack of experience and we are keeping our cool more often than before. We even beat TNS in a match, although completely undeserved. So we qualified for the upper part after the split. Here we did well against the better teams in the league and in the end we finished in a very decent 4th place. In the European playoffs we faced Bala Town in the semi final. We beat them 3-2 after extra time. In the final we beat Cardiff Met Uni 2-1 after controlling the most of the game, but we struggled to finish them off. Still, we are going into Europe next season. I haven't been told which cup we are entering, but I'm guessing the Europa Conference.

In the Welsh League Cup we beat Haverfordwest, Port Talbot Town, Denbigh and Bangor City to reach the final. Here we saw of Swansea Uni to claim our first trophy. In the Welsh Cup we beat Penybont, Caernarfon, TNS and Cardiff Met Uni to qualify for the final. Here we beat Barry Town on pens to end the season with two cup wins.

We had another seemingly good intake, but when everyone is "great" it's kind of hard to decide. Still Neil Jones 24g is a special talent. I don't use AMs so I'm going to retrain him though.

The leading players this season have been Josh Griffiths 23gTim Griffiths 22g (I wish they were brothers, but alas...) and Alex Hughes 22b.

GKBohEa.png

Edited by XaW

club-dulwichhamlet-128x128.png

Dulwich Hamlet 2020/21 End of Season Report

Absolute scenes after the final league game, followed by a bitter aftertaste. I had explained how poorly we had been playing in the last update, but in the second half of the season we were absolutely brilliant. I ended up not going for the 4-4-2 I was laying out, instead choosing to play a more defensive version of our 4-1-3-2. It worked like a dream. Away from home we weren't faultless, but our home record was nigh impeccable and we were, if not in title winning form, then definitely 'easy playoffs' form. We only conceded 16 goals in the new year and put in a ridiculous run of form towards the end to secure a place in the playoffs. I have to blame myself for our exit there, though. I said I had to go to work but I wanted to squeeze out the first round before I left. I didn't pay enough attention to the match and we lost 3-2 from 3-0 down. I'm a silly, silly goose. 

League Table

oH3mhCo.png

We got lucky in the end, Gloucester and Havant & W dropping points on the final day to let us pip St. Albans to 7th place in a straight confrontation. Dartford were good value for their title, Woking survived with a late run of good form. Concord were the surprise package of the season, along with Weston-super-Mare. 

Fixtures and Results

MiUhymS.png

Like I said, some pretty good form, particularly towards the end of the season. The cup game against Gainsborough was disappointing, they were beatable. Our worst results were against the top four, failing to pick up a single win against them. The main adaptation to our tactic was that we started playing 'work ball into box' which severely cut down on our wasteful shooting from midfield and Allassani. 

Squad

RdoaDwB.png

Preston Edwards played every game except the FA Cup tie with Barnstaple. Reise Allassani managed to avoid the serious injuries he had in the past two seasons and didn't throw a hissy fit once, so he got to 42 apps, where he played pretty well, involved in a goal every other game. Dumebi Dumaka played very well in the last few games, adapting to his new DLF role and providing a good option to continue our build-up play. Emmanuel Gahadzikwa and Barry Turner were my starting central midfielders in the second half of the season and played together pretty well, they should be my partnership for the forthcoming seasons, Nathan Ferguson will sit deeper behind them to allow them to focus on their passing and attacking prowess. Joe Williams decided he got too big for the club and won't sign a new contract, so he was replaced by George Canoville as the season progressed, the 18-year old will get the chance to make the CB position his own next season. 

Youth Intake

MkoIj5i.png

oQkp7Pk.png

Yet another 'golden generation', this time I actually agree with that assessment. Quite a few of the players in this team should develop to at least Vanarama South standard. We might have progressed beyond that by then, but I would expect between 6 and 8 of this youth squad to feature regularly over the next five seasons.  Karl Blake already made his debut, coming on off the bench in our 4-2 win over Concord. 

Youth Prospects

cCQw2iI.png AJPHmXA.png12nubyb.png tBxaxnk.png

Despite what my assistant manager thinks, I actually believe Wordsworth to be the most interesting prospect because his attributes actually already suit his role. Only his marking lets him down, while Cheadle actually has quite a few things to work on. Of course, it's quite likely that a few months of development might completely rebalance my opinion. Blake should be a useful squad player at the least, capable of filling in at left-back or in the midfield positions. Challis is the first semi-decent GK prospect we've had. I doubt he'll ever truly become a first-team player with the gaps in his game, but with Preston Edwards turning 32 this season, I need a replacement sooner rather than later.  

Youth Development

Now that some of the first youth intake players have turned 18, it's probably as good a time as any to check in on the development of our four top players from that year. 

o2Pbak5.png d0VsZdA.png

iC7mckO.png BzGUB3E.png

Brian Hewitt's probably developed the least of these four, he's also had the least playing time. When he did come on, he's been either invisible or mediocre. To be fair to him, we've been training on tactical, defending and fitness over the past year-and-a-half, not ball control or attacking which would suit his position best. I'm considering sending him out on loan so he at least gets some game time, because with Clunis aging, we will need an AMR to step up properly within the next two years. 

David Courtney has been decidedly poor when he's played, but he's only turning 18 over the summer. I'm holding out hope for his short-term development, and will continue to give him games on left-back. His performances in training have not been stellar, so I will monitor how he improves over the next six months and then make a decision whether to invest in him further or move on to one of the other potential first-team left-backs. 

Emmanuel Gahadzikwa has had a lot of matches. He's been playing very regularly and very well in a playmaker role, and has recently adapted his play pretty well when used as a CM-S. He definitely has a long-term future at the club and should be a starter next season. 

George Canoville hasn't had a lot of time to shine in his natural DC position, but when he's played he's been pretty solid. He's still slow and his performances next season will decide if I adapt my tactics to suit him or if things are fine as they are. With Joe Williams likely to leave the club, Canoville should be a first teamer. 

Finances and Facilities

NF0V2WJ.png

Profits continue to be steady, another 300K+ over the last season. This is very useful, because it means there's no hurry to get promoted. So my dreadful decision to rush the Braintree game isn't costing us just yet. 

Internationals

e8nRyYg.png

We've also had our first international call-up just after the season ended. :) 

Edited by PJHoutman88

972524657_160px-US_Citt_di_Palermo_Logo_svg.png.5f88b51f50e5919935660f4476200703.png

Season 2025/26 Review - Serie B

League  - much improved this year, we had a few poor runs mixed in with some great runs. 6th is about right in that we're better than most sides but not good enough to really trouble to top sides just yet, maybe a season or 2 away from a proper promotion push. Saying that though had in not been for a poor run in (only 1 win in 7 though we did play the sides that finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in that run) we could have finished much higher. The flip side is that our total of 60 points would have struggled to break top 8 in previous seasons so maybe it was just a weak league this year. In the playoffs Empoli smashed us 5-2 as we had 3 of our back 4 suspended and we fell apart.

Cup - won first round before Empoli (them again) knocked us out in extra time

Transfers - the sale of  Foti YP01D before the season started to Empoli (who else?) was one I couldn't protest. He was our best CB but with a value of 250K I asked for 2m to scare people off - it didn't work but we needed the sale

Finances - you can see why we needed that sale

Squad - getting a bit bloated now. I need to be more ruthless when handing out contracts and not just keep people as cover and squad depth. I plan a clearout this summer if I can

Youth Intake - was promised a "Golden Generation" so of course I was left letdown. It's a decent intake but nothing amazing
Giancarlo Anselmo YP06A - A proper DM, I've been playing creative players in the DM role so far but I do prefer a defensive player there. Might also use him as a CB but his height is a worry
Gerry Tomaselli YP06B - another GK to add to our list (odd name for an Italian though :D)
Domenico Mariotti YP06C - another DM, nice to have 2 players here so I can see how they develop and see who is best fit for us long term
Riccardo Dini YP06D - a decent looking CM

Career Overview

Year		League		Position	Youth Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		Serie C		9th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 1st round of playoffs
2021/22		Serie C		5th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 3rd round of playoffs, got 1st coaching badge, won manager of the season
2022/23		Serie C		3rd 		Adequate		Adequate		Promotion through playoffs, 2nd coaching badge, manager of the year again 
2023/24		Serie B		14th 		Adequate		Adequate
2024/25		Serie B		12th 		Good			Good			3rd coaching badge and youth coaching/recruitment upgrades
2025/26		Serie B		6th 		Excellent		Excellent		Lost first round of playoffs, youth coaching/recruitment upgrades 

image.png.96420cf650761e691e2558be6f127549.png

2053/54 Annecy FC season review - French Ligue 1

The League

We started of with just one draw from the first five game and spent most of the season trying to climb from the bottom to a respectable position. We briefly hit 6th place, but threw away several leads in the closing run and ended up in 10th.

Marseille ran away with the title again and the big news is that PSG failed to qualify for any European competition for the first time in this save. Their wage bill is massive, so this could hurt them badly.

Euro Cup

This tournament seems weaker than the French Ligue 1 now. We took the title without a loss, but their were a couple of games where things could have gone wrong.

In the semifinal first leg at home against Lens, all three of our fullbacks and one of our centrebacks were suspended. I went all out attack with a crazy 2-1-1-4-2 formation. We outplayed them on the field and came away with a 1-0 win.

In the final against Tottenham we went down a goal early in the second half and as the game came to the closing stages it looked like we would lose our third straight final. On came the super subs and picked up the tempo. Pham Ba scored a penalty in the 84th min to pull level, then substitute Sinan Leleve put the cross in for Bernard to score the winning goal in the 88th min. 

The Players

Screve Makengo YP48a became our first player to earn a full cap for France while playing for us.

Zaid Neubronner YP54a looks a decent prospect from this years youth intake. He is receiving a lot of attention from the big clubs.

Bryan Pham Ba reached a milestone of 400 goals for the club. Actually 415 by the end of the season. At 31yrs old, he is starting to slow down and Benjamin Bernard is carrying the load.

Transfers

image.thumb.png.8c11672ec7fe2d09163024a4ae6fa697.png

Well my Lucchese save has already come to an end 8 games in. 

Lost 8 in a row and got sacked. We already were the worst in the league by a mile and having my only 2 goalkeepers at the club injured for multiple months didn't help either.

Well that was no fun...

image.thumb.png.08ac1b125db8f3b9d02cfb2b10c6f1ba.png

Off to find a new team :(

3 hours ago, yipster1986 said:

Well my Lucchese save has already come to an end 8 games in. 

Lost 8 in a row and got sacked. We already were the worst in the league by a mile and having my only 2 goalkeepers at the club injured for multiple months didn't help either.

3 minutes ago, grff said:

Well that was no fun...

image.thumb.png.08ac1b125db8f3b9d02cfb2b10c6f1ba.png

Off to find a new team :(

Ouch! Sorry to see you struggle guys, but that is the nature of this challenge. I've been sacked due to relegations out of the playable leagues two times in FM20 so far... It's much harder than the previous versions!

XaW - Caersws - 2024/25

peEskM8h_400x400.jpg

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

This season started quite poor, but we faced a lot of the top teams early on. After that we started to pick up some wins and slowly climbed back up to the top half. We kept all the important players this season, even if the interest are starting to build for quite a few players. At the split we were just above the line and part of the top. We seem to perform better against the best teams, so we once again picked up a nice haul then. With the season ending we found ourselves in 4th once again. TNS and Bangor City are quite a lot better than most other teams, and ran away early, so it's going to be tough to better them, but we'll try. In the playoff for the European spot we faced the winner of the lower part, Aberystwyth Town, in the semi final. We beat them 3-1 to go to the final. Here we faced 4th placed Bala Town. It was a tough match, but in the end we edged it and won 1-0 to qualify for Europe next season.

In the Welsh League Cup we beat Aberystwyth Town and Barry Town before getting thrashed by Bangor City in the quarter final. In the Welsh Cup we beat Barry Town and Lex before losing to Bangor City in the quarter final.

We also had our first go in Europe this season, and our tournament was the Europa Conference. We started in the 1st qualification round were we drew Ventspils of Latvia. Away we held them to a 1-1, but we lost 0-1 at home to get knocked out. They are a professional side, so it was a decent attempt from us, being semi-pro still.

We had a pretty good intake, and now we are starting to not only get 5 star potentials. The main player is David Cross 25f who are already ready for the main squad.

The leading players this season have been Neil Jones 24gJosh Griffiths 23g and Marc Biello 21f.

Oa49s9D.png

tienen.jpg.4881b36f664bbf754cde4d739920cf29.jpg

Koninklijke Voetbal Klub Tienen-Hageland - 2032/33 Season - Belgian Pro League B

Going into this season I was concerned about relegation and how I would position myself within the 8-team league to avoid that. But all those games last season where we would play well (Be about even in shots, chances, possession but they would just finish better) and lose 2-0 turned around this season. We started winning (except against Antwerp - we've played them 9 times and lost all of them).

The league is broken into two phases. The winner of the first phase plays the winner of the 2nd phase and that winner is the one promoted to the 1st tier (Pro League A). I finished 3rd in the 1st phase but only 3 points back of Antwerp and finished 2nd in the 2nd phase, in fact if I had won my last game, I would have won the phase (Of course we would have played Antwerp and since we've never beaten them we probably wouldn't have been promoted, but still would have been cool).

So all in all, a crazy season that I didn't expect. I guess we are getting better.

After the league there is a European Places Playoff. The bottom 10 teams in the top tier and the top 6 teams of the 2nd tier enter into this tournament. The top 6 teams in the top tier enter a Championship Playoff to determine the champion, and the bottom 2 teams in the 2nd tier enter a 5 game relegation playoff (which we have been a part of twice). But theoretically the winner of this European Places Playoff should play against the 4th place team of the Championship Playoff for the final spot for a continental spot.

I ask this question. It might never affect me, but I have found that the winner of the playoff often does not advance to play against the 4th place team, the runner-up does. Why? Beats me. Anyone play in Belgium and can explain it?

table33.thumb.jpg.eae68d1b6d335c7ada24881ec03ff8a1.jpgsquad33.thumb.jpg.db4ec53eb509889b512457e0aed7c22d.jpg

I recall thinking a couple of seasons ago that I felt like my team was pretty much set. I had my starters. Then shortly after that I realized that was pretty stupid. NONE of those players will be starting for me if and when I complete this challenge. They just aren't good enough. So, some players who were automatic starters a couple of seasons ago are becoming bench guys. My star striker who has led me in goals the past 5 seasons (Felicien Brasseur 25b) may be benched. My superstar right wing from the early days would not sign another contract and was let go (he was a backup by then). And my current star right wing who just won team's Player of the Year Kim Paquet 24i may be phased out soon. So, no job is safe.

33youth.thumb.jpg.a08189a532aec415ef1bf57f2cf1d3be.jpgtransfers33.thumb.jpg.aff19e53fb18aab6739bd86e2b41d54a.jpg

Another solid youth pull though I wish these guys would have better personalities. I keep on getting AM(C)'s as one of the top prospects so I'm getting overloaded with them. In fact I switched from a 442 (with DM's) to a 4231 (with DM's) this season in order to play with a AM(C).

I am now at -2M after having +15M about 2.5 seasons ago, though as you can see below, my facilities have improved quite a bit (that's where alot of the money went).

tienen33.thumb.jpg.e0d5ec31180b395aed79edcaee24e8a8.jpg

11 hours ago, XaW said:

Ouch! Sorry to see you struggle guys, but that is the nature of this challenge. I've been sacked due to relegations out of the playable leagues two times in FM20 so far... It's much harder than the previous versions!

3 times for me, all in England *shudders* 

Dulwich Hamlet 2021/22 Mid-Season

We're in the mix, and in my opinion we should actually be clear at the top. Most of the points we dropped have been very sloppy considering our good football and dominating play. That said, many of our goals have come late on in matches, so I can't say we've been unlucky. 

League Table

bfinX40.png

There's six teams in direct competition for the title, so there's no telling where we might finish as of yet. We're nine points clear off 8th place which should give us a comfortable buffer provided our form doesn't take a dreadful turn. Bishop's Stortford had looked one of the best teams in the league for a long time, but their form has been tailing off recently, 

Fixtures

wPZkjLP.png

Pretty good results all round with no huge blotches of red or yellow. The defeat against Hampton & Richmond was a bit unlucky, our goalkeeper Preston Edwards got injured after 13 minutes - and in proper LLM stylee we didn't have a goalie on the bench. So we went for possession, but they still managed to break through our defence and put us to the sword. 

Our FA Cup win against Vanarama National side Boreham Wood was a great result, we played them off the park. Our subsequent 1st round defeat to Torquay was unlucky, but deserved. In the FA Trophy, Wealdstone wore us down and took us to extra time, where they got a late goal past us to knock us out in the premilinary rounds.

Squad 

ergs4hw.png 

Reese Allassani has been our danger man, stepping in after Dumebi Dumaka (10 goals in the first 6 games) got injured. Dumaka's been unable to regain his place in the side due to Allassani's fine form. Barry Turner has been dominating the opposition and, like Joe Williams last season, is on his way out. The 17-year old does not want to renew his contract, so he'll walk away on a free transfer. Maybe that will change if we get promoted, but we will need his help to get there. Hartlepool are already interested in the playmaker, but I will not be letting him go this season. The finances are in excellent shape, so there would be no need to sell. Thomas Moss has been getting shifts on the wing, where he has been playing very well, providing goals and assists. 

Barbadian right-back Alex Hill has been getting a lot of game time and has been putting in some good performances. It looks like he will be a starting defender for us for the foreseeable future.

Edited by PJHoutman88

6 hours ago, darren1983 said:

3 times for me, all in England *shudders* 

Sacked in Italy, Germany and Malaysia for being relegated or not even making it to the first youth intake, Hungary for not meeting expectations of a new board after 20 seasons. Survived one season in Hong Kong. A save I may get back to at some point. 34 seasons into a French save.

Bilderesultat for south shields fc

South Shields

Youth Intake 2022

As I have previously mentioned we have a terrible goalkeeper situation at South Shields, with easily the worst GK in the league. That was the case in Vanarama South last year as well, but a strong offense secured us the title. This year, in the Vanarama National League, we have been doing well, even being in a play off spot for most of the season. A terrible run of form leading up to the youth intake has placed us in the middle of the table. Really frustrating as we concede some shocking goals due to our terrible GK. Last year we got a decent GK in the youth intake, but he proved to be even worse (and short!). Hopefully our solution has arrived this year in the talented Bob McDermott. He has gone straight into the team and even though he is young I will keep him as the first choice. 

Last year we saw no full backs coming through. We have a decent LB in the team, but our RB is a central midfielder I have re-trained as a RB. And we have no backup on either position, so our CB's have to cover when we have injuries/suspensions. Now we got Adam Patterson, a very talented RB. He also went straight into the side. Other than that we have no real quality in this years intake, but I cant ask for more than a talented GK and RB! 

957523250_2020-01-2000_30_16-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.84dfab329cda40a38d3d5072a68feaf8.jpg   

1624180611_2020-01-2000_30_30-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.4f2af7add6d7f96d57540241dc614416.jpg    1235824296_2020-01-2000_30_40-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.b31e1984f41e860805fc45cefd590ba6.jpg

Edited by thomas_e

JZB0NZb.png

TSV Havelse | Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Season 2024/25 (5th Season)

Promotion to 2. Bundesliga!

Season Review:

Board expectations didn't differ from the previous season as our main goal this season was again to avoid the relegation battle. My personal goal was a bit higher as I wanted to finish the season in the top half of the table. To the great surprise of both myself and the board, with the excellent conclusion of the season, we finally landed in 2nd place leading to the 2. Bundesliga. This achievement is really huge because we were predicted to finish the season on the last place according to the bookies. For tactic, we continued to use flat 4-4-2 and it worked far better than in the previous season. We introduced many young players to the first team and gave them plenty of playing time.  Some of them had a good season, other ones will need to step up in the upcoming seasons but in general, I'm thrilled with the season outcome.

The best player of this season was our tip of the spear Utku Kani. After he struggled in the previous season with only 9 goals, he added 21 to his tally in this campaign. During his career, he netted 111 goals in total for our club and he will be definitely one of the players already capable of playing in 2. Bundesliga. Our second-best player was our captain Deniz Çiçek, which led the team from the midfield position and he assisted for many of our goals. Although he didn't play as many matches as in the previous season he managed to give 11 assists to his teammates which is club's record.

The player which has developed the most this season is our GK Sascha Mayer. He's one of the players with the biggest potential in this team and we hope that his development will continue for the seasons to come.

mmCxMgx.png

Finances:

Our finances are getting from bad to worse and if such fall will continue we won't be able to operate anymore. Monthly expenditures are simply bigger than income so every single month we collect an additional 100k€ of minus. At the end of the summer transfer window, my Board decided to sell the young striker Danny Brunner to Karlsruher for 120k€ plus additional bonuses. This didn't help us much but anyway I hope that they will develop and sell him for the good money as we will get 50% from the next sale. 2. Bundesliga is definitely more interesting than 3. Liga so we will get more money from the TV revenues in the next season. Thankfully we will also play the German Cup in the next season and I hope to get a big opponent and thus add some additional money to our account.

Youth Academy:

This season's YA intake wasn't bad but neither did we receive anything special. I can point out two youngsters with whom we have signed contracts and who we hope will be able to develop successfully in the club.

Aim for next Season:

In this season we surprised everyone including ourselves with the promotion to the 2nd tier of German football. The main goal in the next season will be to stay there and further develop our young prospects. I hope that our finances will get some injection from our board in order to be able to improve our facilities. I was really pleased that our Board decided to increase the academy coaching budget and I hope that we will get some good prospects from our youth recruitment in the seasons to come.

HDvpxi1.png

At the end of this post, I must admit that I'm really enjoying this save and I cannot imagine playing the game the other way than this.
It's addictive as hell and I can hardly wait for the start of the next season 💪😀

Edited by uroszila

Bilderesultat for south shields fc

South Shields 

Season Summary 2021-2022

Our first season in the Vanarama National League and we got close to back-to-back promotion! After a really good run of form during the winter months we suddenly went 7 games without a win, losing 5 of them. A couple of additions to the team in the youth intake saw a return to good form, and we managed to grab the last playoff spot after winning our last four league games. We faced Hartlepool away in the first play off stage and with four wins in a row I was optimistic. Unfortunately it ended with one playoff game as Hartleool won deservedly 2-1. 

We were tipped to finish bottom of the league so we have to be happy with what proved to be a very good first season in the Vanarama National. Our new GK, Bob McDermott, looks like a big talent and even though he is only 16 he is far better than my other options. 

At the end of last season it looked like our left winger Sanmi Odelusi would not renew his contract. When he lovered his demands we ended up signing him on for two more years and that was a blessing this season. He didn't perform well at all last year, but this season he bagged 18 goals from left wing and was together with Jason Gilchrist and Nathan Lowe our best perfomers. Nathan Lowe is a fantastic CM that is the heart and soul of my team. 

In the FA Cup we beat Alfreton in the qualifiers before beating Woking and Macclesfield. In the 3rd round we faced Arsenal, unfortunately at home! That could have given us huge revenue with an away game at the Emirates. We lost 1-3 at home, but to be honest, it could have been 1-10...

I am on my way to completing my National A licence. Unfortunately, because of our bad finances, we haven't been able to get any other upgrades. 

I am sure the media will predict us to get relegated next year as well, but hopefully we can find our way into the play off's again. 

Season Summary

195752204_2020-01-2019_04_06-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.08ff51065720f1e8dfe97ceda81e50a6.jpg     728496820_2020-01-2019_04_21-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.4c0cbafe420789e32726cd1e6f7a8c80.jpg     603936374_2020-01-2019_04_33-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.dba6ade5f60daaecb1a4c91be18c570f.jpg

Top perfomers

1450111032_2020-01-2019_04_47-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.d6d581286d2650076a65fbd03402d7be.jpg     1178626837_2020-01-2019_04_56-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.68a02764b1efb44bed5242e42c1b3ff7.jpg     1194241106_2020-01-2019_05_07-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.b57ef2936300b81815a81217f17b617e.jpg

Top talents

143971578_2020-01-2019_05_28-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.d63d092445d44654ce6dd385a385ef23.jpg     30847483_2020-01-2019_05_38-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.15e6747fde5904cc230faf2e31f7d7f9.jpg     1851648250_2020-01-2019_06_47-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.00f76ff6a61a65a441d1eb839749782e.jpg

Season	|	League                      |   Position    |    FA Cup     |       League Cup            |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|	Vanarama Nat. League South  |	  1st       |  1st round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Promotion! 
2021/22	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  7th       |  3rd round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Made the playoffs 

NK Zadar: 2020/21 season review

First season in my new Croatian save saw us win the title on the very last day after clinching a draw against the second place team.

2131165372_TABLE21.thumb.png.85c46f52ecbd397d8e5a371993bb5735.png   1103272576_SQUAD21.thumb.png.3a13d3eba77b93c9ef416214622252b2.png

Youth intake saw a few promising players come through but a fair few of them are unambitious. A change of HoYD might be needed if a decent one comes up...

2118079169_YOUTH21.thumb.png.74f5b66c197e1c2319d89e626e84c3cc.png   YT21.thumb.png.5a84bebf521d01b66106f26586e5f646.png

Transfers below. The two players in came before the reset date which was 28th June.

2017736310_TRANSFERS21.thumb.png.b5fcb149061443e6788dc56894f7cb72.png

Champions!!!

2045895999_TROPHY21.thumb.png.5905f2ee606fbe412a19021dba1263b3.png

image.thumb.png.6917debb5f9726fb7ecec752cf23cf76.png

1550554882_PalermoLogo2.thumb.jpg.80128ae3bde2ee62666d538c0a48a527.jpg

Season 2031 / 2032

5th in Serie A

Squad           League Table        Transfer History

A breakthough season finally taking the step from mid table to securing  EURO Cup spot.

We are still a young team so it will be exiting to see how far this squad can go.

The last couple of intakes have been pretty bad so it wont be any fresh faces in the first team anytime soon.

Best prospects from this years intake : Fabio Bosco and Matteo Gori

GL ALL !!! :) 

20200121114808_1.thumb.jpg.87c3a9aef13e7a2511fd83b01c96f51a.jpg

tienen.jpg.564abae11bedd8de9f961cfb6447c24e.jpg

Koninklijke Voetbal Klub Tienen-Hageland - 2033/34 Season - Belgian Pro League B

The Tale of Two Phases

This league is broken up into 2 phases. First phase, we looked good, finishing 2nd in the league at 8-2-4 (WDL) with a +11 GD. Even though we never seriously contended for 1st, we played well and i was looking forward to an even better 2nd phase as my players develop. Nope, we sucked. going 3-3-8 with a -10 GD. Go figure.

table34.thumb.jpg.81b2eb4401cf12f54a8028d21e371b20.jpgsquad34.thumb.jpg.ec40cf30abc6fc5cec807673d2b91dc2.jpg

I have tried to find the up and coming players and just play them more. 19yo striker Remy Godart and DM Glenn Andries, 20yo DC Aron Meulemans, AMR/L Gunther Van de Velde and AMC/R Timothy de Backer, 21 yo AMC Gert de Bondt start to push out the graybeards like 25yo striker Felicien Brasseur, 27yo Kim Paquet and 29yo Thomas de Schrijver.

I have gotten another good youth pull with some good potential though i wish that all the best players I seem to be getting the past several years have all been AMC's (30a de Backer, 30d De Bondt, 32a Peeters, 33a van der Velden, 34a Heymans). I need to be creative in getting them playing time.

34youth.thumb.jpg.86bbf6e1f9067a6e6c2a08e78fc93b0a.jpgtransfers34.thumb.jpg.c9adf0e83ebd1174e007bb3df0de4e58.jpg 

All in all, not bad. I feel like we've solidified ourselves in this league. It's now been 2 full seasons in Pro League B without much concern of relegation, in fact we have been closer to promotion. Though my results this past season have made me wonder what would happen if you qualified both for the promotion and relegation playoffs (it would be tough to do but not impossible).

tienen34.thumb.jpg.d37fb830bdfa2112d9673805664ee11b.jpg

Congratulations winning promotion @grff! I played with NK Zadar as well, winning the premier division in 2031, but only got to the group stage of the Champions League before quitting the challenge. Lets hope you can take them all the way to CL glory! 

Dulwich Hamlet 2021/22 End of Season

I'm getting very frustated with this team, tbh. Our performances dipped completely out of the blue; teams adjusted to us and started sticking ten men behind the ball, which we were completely unable to deal with - especially with Allassani and Turner, our two best players, out for the most important matches. As a result, we went into the playoffs where we had a rollercoaster against Sutton, winning thanks to two goals in the 117th and 118th minutes, before a completely impotent showing against Welling, possibly due to tiredness; they beat us 2-0 after extra time. 

League Table

9gT7qcB.png

Bromley ended up taking the league, with only Hemel Hempstead able to keep pace. We slipped down to fifth and had dropped out of the title picture with around eight games left to go. We finished only two points behind with our record from two seasons ago, but it doesn't feel like an achievement when I see how poor we were. Hemel Hempstead dispatched Welling pretty comfortably in the play-off final, winning 4-1 and leaving us with little illusion as to how we might have performed against them.

Staines and Enfield went down without much of a fight, eventually dragging along Maidenhead who are the second Vanarama National side to slip from the playable leagues, after Chelmsford two years ago. Newly promoted Tiverton and Canvey Island gave good accounts of themselves, finishing in the top half.  

Bromley also took the FA Trophy, beating York in the final. 

Fixtures and Results

OkEGtfp.png

We started off pretty brightly, beating Hemel Hempstead and Bromley, two of the strongest teams in the league, but as the second half of the season dragged on we fell to more and more defeats, still scoring but unable to keep our goal clean. Our play-off game against Sutton was absolutely nuts; we conceded in the 110th minute against 10-men Sutton United and looked to be crashing out, but a mistake in their defence allowed Reise Allassani to equalise four minutes later. Dumebi Dumaka was probably too tired to wait for penalties, scoring twice more before the final whistle blew.

Squad Stats

KKwUxR2.png

Quade Taylor moved back to the heart of our defence after a season at right-back, and played nearly all our matches, only getting rested in some cup games. Barry Turner was our creative outlet in midfield, producing 11 assists and giving more than 3 key passes per game. He was also our best player at just 17 years old. He's also leaving on a free :(. Reise Allassani was the top goalscorer, setting a new record for my players at 23 goals in a season. Our change from inside forward to winger meant he played up front and used his finishing and pace to devastating effect more often than not. 

Alex Hill broke through into the first team, but the malaise we suffered in the second half of the season definitely effected him. His average rating went down a lot through some sub-standard performances, but he's developing okay and will definitely stay in the team. Preston Edwards did well once against as goalkeeper, but suffered injuries which meant both Perry Lewington and Julian Challis got to defend our goal for a few matches. Ken Cheadle got a couple of matches to show himself, he's been okay.   

Youth Intake

CPllNdR.png

Only one usable player this year; Luke Cook is a fine, fine striker. Everyone else is dreadful and won't get any game time unless some miraculous development occurs. 

RqAjjaD.png

Cook looks ready for first-team football already, I'll be keeping a close eye on his development, especially his finishing, to see if he should be starting ahead of Allassani. A lot will depend on how next season goes in terms of the league standings. 

Youth Development (YP2)

VLjAyrn.png

Alex Hill's been getting quite a bit of match experience. He's not 18 yet and has played 33 league games already, putting in some decent performances. His development's going okay, and I hope it will accelerate a lot over the next season. We could definitely use a solid right-back. His ball-playing skills aren't very good, but he definitely has the potential to do well for us in defence. 

kldZhyP.png 

An absolute god of a player in the Vanarama South, he was dominant in nearly every game. I can't blame him for leaving on a free. I absolutely blame him for leaving on a free, because if he stays we'll be in fine shape to mount a title challenge next year. I definitely think he could put in a shift at League Two level right now, though, so I expect he'll have quite a few clubs sniffing after him when he does leave. 

zDSqamH.png

John Walsh is a bit of an odd one. His physicals are very good and he's had some appearances off the bench where he showed some usefulness, but his technicals are very poor both as a central midfielder and as a winger. The potential is there, in my opinion, so I'll try to loan him out next year, see if he can get some experience and hopefully develop into at least a capable footballer. 

Xo4DCI3.png

I had hoped for a bit more from Orestis, but he's been eclipsed by pretty much every defender from the YP3 intake. I doubt we'll see much more from him, but he will also be loaned out next year to see if something happens. 

Finances and Facilities

3t0qDm8.png

yiGCsX5.png

Yet another massive profit means we can do further investment in the youth facilities. The last one didn't actually allow us to step up in the Youth Category, so I hope this one does the trick. It'll get us better prospects, if nothing else.

Conclusion

A pretty frustrating season all-round, but I'm not a quitter. Finances remain in excellent shape and we'll continue to be fine for a long time, it's more my own annoyance with the lack of progress that is endangering this save. Between Joe Williams last season and Barry Turner now, we've lost both of our youth players who developed into top players - that's pretty demoralising. I will stick with it for three or four more seasons; just one promotion would be the kick-start we need to keep players at the club.  

Lost my best player and first choice right back the last 4 years due to his contract running out.

kNxbfq8.png

And then, the Quisling went and signed for Bangor City! Damn it, traitor! :mad:

So the club just got a partnership with Brentford without my consent. I can't cancel the link for at least one year and it involves (possibly) loaning players to me. What do I do? 

Edited by PJHoutman88

9 minutes ago, PJHoutman88 said:

So the club just got a partnership with Brentford without my consent. I can't cancel the link for at least one year and it involves (possibly) loaning players to me. What do I do? 

Just reject the possible loanees. There are no rules against having a parent club as long as you don't loan anyone. If the board forces in loanees, then just try to cancel it and if that's not possible just don't play them.

Vikeologist's Palermo 2031/32 Youth Intake Report

Image result for palermo fc

Just one good player, and or maybe lots of good players and 1 wonderkid. I’m not holding my breath.

Calogero Bellomonte YP12a – I have 3 good central defenders, and a right back who used to be one, but that’s it, so fresh blood may be useful, and of course he might turn out to be a superstar. Can’t see him getting a lot of games, and his professional personality means that I don’t need to elevate him to the first team quickly, because I want to preserve his professionalism. I have 2 Model Citizen players and 14 Resolutes, but they all take after the first Mod Cit I had, including a low professional attribute I’d guess. It’s like having a prize winning bull whose sperm produces a thousand offspring, all with the same genetic defect.

Talking of gentic defects, he's not the tallest at 180cm.

Antonino Plescia YP12b – A striker. Good luck getting any games with us.

Matteo Fabbri YP12c – A second kid with professional personality, and his determination is 15, so I’ll chuck him in a training group with Bellomonte, and I guess somebody who’s Resolute, and try to introduce that professional DNA into the squad.

Vikeologist’s Youth Eugenics Challenge.

Alberto Cacco YP12d – Always good to have a goalie in the youth team, especially since I didn’t have one before.

Let’s look back 4 years to the YP8 intake

Corrado Varsallona YP8a – Hey, it’s my Gaygen. My star striker. He’s had a rough season. His goal tally has been OK, (every 148 minutes), but 2 others are scoring much more regularly, so he’s getting rotated a bit.

The worse thing is that his determination plummeted from 14 to 4 overnight. It will be difficult to get it back up much since he’s 21 now, and anyway quite an influential figure in the squad.

Riccardo Negro YP8b – A goalie, and he might have been great, but I have so many promising goalkeepers, none of whom have ever completely fulfilled that promise. Currently in his second season on loan in Serie C. Getting lots of matches, but probably never with us.

Michele Brigante YP8c – Didn’t know who he was. Turns out I sold him on a free transfer ages ago. By all signs, a total dud.

Indeed the only other 3 I even gave youth contracts to have all left the club.

But at least I have Corrado.

20200121174146_1.jpg

20200121171227_1.jpg

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Lost my best player and first choice right back the last 4 years due to his contract running out.

kNxbfq8.png

And then, the Quisling went and signed for Bangor City! Damn it, traitor! :mad:

17f56f33a4d90af6c331e2b5c0810ae2.png

6 hours ago, jstu9 said:

The Tale of Two Phases

This league is broken up into 2 phases. First phase, we looked good, finishing 2nd in the league at 8-2-4 (WDL) with a +11 GD. Even though we never seriously contended for 1st, we played well and i was looking forward to an even better 2nd phase as my players develop. Nope, we sucked. going 3-3-8 with a -10 GD. Go figure.

table34.thumb.jpg.81b2eb4401cf12f54a8028d21e371b20.jpgsquad34.thumb.jpg.ec40cf30abc6fc5cec807673d2b91dc2.jpg

All clear now about the playoff rules  ? i saw that u created a topic about the rules in Belgian ?

@jstu9

My club have been in a process of a takeover for 4 years now, but still nothing happens. It has collapsed 4 times after putting in transfer embargoes. Not that I mind the embargoes since it means I won't lose players anyway. But it would be nice if the chairman decided soon.

Our RB Adam Patterson is really progressing nicely. His progress from May to October  has been really good. He has a long term contract with an option for 3 more years, let's hope I can keep hold of him! 

344339499_2020-01-2019_05_28-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.ecdb8b5d6ea0374fb9b06f2bea7bedbc.jpg      1131835073_2020-01-2122_33_40-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.81ba895baf13ac462e47a963f27a4de7.jpg

4 hours ago, OlivierL said:

All clear now about the playoff rules  ? i saw that u created a topic about the rules in Belgian ?

@jstu9

It sounds like the team that advances is just random. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

NK Zadar: 2021/22 season review

The season after promotion was a worry for me as the team that were relegated last year finished on 9 points and had better plays than mine. However, we managed to put in some decent runs and just missed out on europe on the head to head rule :(

Goals were a struggle with my two only senior strikers going long periods without scoring. Only one player in the whole squad averaged above a 7.00 rating for the season.

150242356_TABLE22.thumb.png.4184cfa4a9709d519e172021de2c5b28.png   1343222779_SQUAD22.thumb.png.4eb89cd3e5d458e0bbaa783c2ba8dc30.png

Youth intake wasn't as good as last season, although this guy could prove useful. I will definitely be hiring a new Head of Youth as most of this year's batch also came with either low detemination or unambitious.

2135988582_YOUTH22.thumb.png.5bed87b4578fdb5ad97f9d325e12794f.png   1295611373_YT22.thumb.png.6b08f9e2cf2f4a8be5c9f1b7eb138c5b.png

Transfers below. Annoyingly the board decided to sell a promising youngster despite me protesting. The board then moaned that the transfer fee was too low :idiot:

177175396_TRANSFERS22.thumb.png.db6a7a06652fcee433f1d39f080bfa60.png   1368305772_SALE22.thumb.png.1d67c2114092c92ff075523916b9751b.png

Managed to get the board to improve the youth recruitment spend. Now classed as average.

image.thumb.png.ccf02b37ef09040687ea3bf4e707db56.png

Edited by grff

The board told me the fans were unhappy with the form of Bryan Pham Ba and I should drop him.

I replied that the best way to gain form is by playing. The told me they agreed with the fans and if I don't drop him I will be sacked.

Pretty harsh considering he is a club legend with 427 goals in nearly 700 appearances.

I started him on the bench for three games and brought him on around the 70min mark, then got this message:

image.thumb.png.917fbd818dc15d09505e7f57dd2425eb.png

It looks like just not starting them is enough to be considered dropped.

1 hour ago, Fastbasher said:

The board told me the fans were unhappy with the form of Bryan Pham Ba and I should drop him.

I replied that the best way to gain form is by playing. The told me they agreed with the fans and if I don't drop him I will be sacked.

Pretty harsh considering he is a club legend with 427 goals in nearly 700 appearances.

I started him on the bench for three games and brought him on around the 70min mark, then got this message:

image.thumb.png.917fbd818dc15d09505e7f57dd2425eb.png

It looks like just not starting them is enough to be considered dropped.

Just how bad has his form been?

Is that a new addition to FM? Never seen it before. Or is it only with specific types of chairman? 

14 hours ago, jstu9 said:

It sounds like the team that advances is just random. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Sure that it hasn't anything to do with licences ? Teams from lower leagues won't get promoted in Belgium if they don't have the right license (stadium, lights etc).

image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Season 8 2027/2028

The season started well with no goals conceded in the first 6 games. We spent the first part of the season in the top 7, but it didn't last. We began 2028 with 3 points taken in 9 games. The follow was not better, and we finish to a disapointing 17th place. Also, i lost one of my fidel coach, he was one of the rare positive point when i took the club, as he had an amateur contract and was a fairly decent coach. He became trainer, despite having terrible stats for this job. His club got relegated and he ended up fired. I replaced him, and to keep control over my expenses, i had to fire my GK coach. My DPL, Green03B confirms is previous good season, with an other exceptionnal season: 7,46 rating over 32 VNLS games. Best rating of the league.

20200122160634_1.thumb.jpg.8bd2ce81c605a442aa66af3cb738e8fa.jpg20200122160811_1.thumb.jpg.40df2ba7d07f4ca989ae0037af6b10b8.jpg

Decent runs in cups, despite bad draws. Not enough to improve finances. 

20200122160826_1.thumb.jpg.83877af108c053567225e5c2942351a1.jpg20200122160855_1.thumb.jpg.2a7bff7e23296ad0e12a9b33745cabb2.jpg

It looks like a bad YT, but i needed a GK, and i got one. So i guess it's ok. The 4 most promising youths have bad personalities. This is an issue.

20200120112754_1.thumb.jpg.982f8ff67db33d62aa18ed993e015e64.jpg20200122160735_1.thumb.jpg.d6c4a0ae48593808576773961b5d57c1.jpg

1829170244_Annotation2020-01-22163355.thumb.png.9069b235a2db7587ca15552f1493d0a1.png

9 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Just how bad has his form been?

12 goals and 5 assists from 45 games so far this season. Average rating 6.85

If that's bad, then half my team are terrible.

I put him back in the starting line up straight after the threat of the sack was over.