The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

6 minutes ago, Sheyra said:

To my understanding, this is untrue. HoYD personality is definitely one of the most important factors for your intake, but his attributes do factor in as well.

Check out https://fmguido.com/guide-optimize-youth-intake-fm/ for more info on this stuff, it's pretty useful. That's where I got my info anyways.

There is a lot of misinformation going around, check this thread.  Shows how confused people are, the best quote is 3 posts in from boxtobox

Nothing is as important as personality and determination, after that reputation and training attributes if you need an extra hand to pitch in on the training ground.

unless you need him on the training pitch with the youngsters in the case of working with youngsters, or providing reports, with the judging attributes.

Edited by Brother Ben

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

There is a lot of misinformation going around, check this thread.  Shows how confused people are, the best quote is 3 posts in from boxtobox

The info you're quoting is from 2017, and the whole youth development process was revamped this year. The info in the current training thread does mention that the HoYD can influence newgen ability and style. This info's also been pasted on the first post of this thread. I still assume the personality is more important overall, but it doesn't matter how professional your player is if he has no potential, so I'd still recommend making sure your HoYD has at least some attributes.

972524657_160px-US_Citt_di_Palermo_Logo_svg.png.5f88b51f50e5919935660f4476200703.png

Palermo Season 2024/25 Review Serie B

League - not sure where to start here. Progress I guess. Higher finish than last season, scored more and conceded less which all points to progress being made. Over the summer I rebuilt our tactics, keeping same shape that we used last year but changed style and roles to suit us and we started the season great, after 14 games we were 4th and flying, then we played Genoa away. 2-0 up with 10 to go and we ended up drawing 2-2 with their 2nd coming with the last kick of the game. For some reason this rocked us and we then went 7 games without a win or even a goal. We had won 8 games before that but only won 6 more in the rest of the season as we went on long runs without even scoring. A Jan sale also rocked us as we needed to change the style as a result. Was a breakout season for Giovanni Elia YP03A with 19 goals (15 in league) but he also would go on long runs without scoring then would score 2 or 3 in a game before going on another 5 or 6 without a goal. Like I say, it was a strange season

Cup - the test for new system started here. A good first win then a very narrow loss away to Serie A side Atalanta with them breaking our hearts in the final seconds of the game. These games gave me confidence going into the season though

Transfers - The big sale, in the first half of the season Germano Montepiano was the best player in the league and was running games as our Regista, in Jan league leaders Sassuolo came in for him bidding 4m, I pushed my luck by asking for 6m and they came back with that offer and the board accepted (as well they should have) the sale hurt us as we just couldn't replace him but did mean we were finally able to get some upgrades. The rest of the outs were young players on loan to the league bellow

Squad - Monepaino is still a big loss and have already mentioned Elia's breakout, aside from them though the squad is doing ok, having a young keeper (18) means we get games where everything goes in and the inconsistency that comes from having a young team means lots of ups and downs. Towards the end of the season I started to give runouts to fringe players to see if they were going to be worth keeping. No one really inpressed

Finances - can see how much that 6m was needed really. Would have been in serious trouble without it

Youth Intake - another good one with several tagged and singed

Davide Stefanelli YP05A - looks like could be an decent Serie B CB. We do need players of Serie A quality to get up though I think
Marco Giannotti YP05B - another striker, we've got a few now, I shouldn't complain but playing 1 up top does limit the amount of growth I can get from a ST I fear
Leonardo Antinoro YP05C - can cover across our midfield 3 currently
Salvatore Manini YP05D - another solid looking keeper 
Dario Pozzo YP05E - wonder if he's related to the guys that own Watford? Able to play down either wing
Gennaro Pmopilio YP05F - another wide option, we have a few but none are really making me pick them currently

Career Progress

Year		League		Position	Youth Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		Serie C		9th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 1st round of playoffs
2021/22		Serie C		5th 		Adequate		Adequate		Lost in 3rd round of playoffs, got 1st coaching badge, won manager of the season
2022/23		Serie C		3rd 		Adequate		Adequate		Promotion through playoffs, 2nd coaching badge, manager of the year again 
2023/24		Serie B		14th 		Adequate		Adequate
2024/25		Serie B		12th 		Good			Good			3rd coaching badge and youth coaching/recruitment upgrades

1 hour ago, Sheyra said:

The info you're quoting is from 2017, and the whole youth development process was revamped this year. The info in the current training thread does mention that the HoYD can influence newgen ability and style. This info's also been pasted on the first post of this thread. I still assume the personality is more important overall, but it doesn't matter how professional your player is if he has no potential, so I'd still recommend making sure your HoYD has at least some attributes.

You could well be right about an overhaul but the visible attributes (JPA/JCA and working with youngsters) have no bearing on youth production.  Maybe @herne79 can confirm?

But it doesn't matter how professional your player is if he has no potential

Correct but that's another discussion entirely 

Interesting bit about style and formation though, cheers for the link

On 17/07/2017 at 08:00, Seb Wassell said:

Another piece of information on this one for you. Your youth staff will also slightly influence the PA of your 'best' or extreme newgens. All of your youth staff act in this way, but the HoYD's impact is twice that of other youth coaches. This will not affect every newgen nor the average newgen but rather only the "star" or "freak" newgens that may occasionally come through the system. It is also important to note that this is only one part of a larger equation when it comes to star/freak newgen PA.

Just reading through some of that thread you linked, @Brother Ben, and I found this quote from Seb that you might find interesting. Given that it's just 'one part', and that your other youth coaches do contribute as well, it's probably worth focusing on HoYD personality before attributes regardless, but it's definitely good to keep attributes in mind too, based on this.

180px-Foggia_Calcio_logo.png

2022-23 Foggia Mid-Season Update

722116650_FootballManager202012_26_201911_44_41PM.thumb.png.2ef82fda729c1c2110881b47dc7f84b6.png

Sitting just outside the playoffs because our road form has been absolutely putrid.  Ten matches: 0 wins 7 draws and 3 losses.  Two goals scored and six goals allowed.  It's boring and uninspired football and I have no idea what the cause of it could be.  Tried changing formations: didn't work.  Tried going to attacking mentality: didn't work.

1864127912_FootballManager202012_26_201911_47_34PM.thumb.png.8634fa41cca93adbd9a4f6497989c7f2.png

Look at all those 0-0 draws!

1092862194_FootballManager202012_26_201911_45_18PM.thumb.png.c3a32b8fa36cd33d8458648716cc20c8.png

Defense: Good; Offense: Bad

1575817074_FootballManager202012_27_201911_44_48AM.thumb.png.9b5225e3d4c74123260854f8acdf43c3.png

1 hour ago, Sheyra said:

Just reading through some of that thread you linked, @Brother Ben, and I found this quote from Seb that you might find interesting. Given that it's just 'one part', and that your other youth coaches do contribute as well, it's probably worth focusing on HoYD personality before attributes regardless, but it's definitely good to keep attributes in mind too, based on this.

I hope I'm wrong to be fair but hopefully someone will give us confirmation.

3 hours ago, schnauzer said:

Really?

Thats how I've always understood it yes

This is the part of the thread I found most interesting, although if Sheyra is right it may have changed

Sorry to have derailed the thread slightly

Think of your annual Youth Intake day in this way - these young "newgen" players are already at your club in U11/U12/U15 etc squads.  You just don't see them because of their age.  Eventually they graduate into your U18s squad when they actually appear in game as players.

Your rating for Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching governs the ability and potential that these newgens have.

The main influences that your HOYD has on newgens are their personalities and natural playing positions.

JPA/JPP is mainly used by a HOYD for continuous assessment of your newgens to report on their progress, and for their own scouting ability when looking at young players outside of the club.

image.png.96420cf650761e691e2558be6f127549.png

2045/46 Annecy FC season review - French Ligue 1

The League

In a solid return to the top flight, we managed a record high 11th place. We briefly challenged for 6th, but 3 losses in our last four games ended that. Two wins and a draw would have seen us qualify for Europe.

Rennes finished 7th, but won the Euro Cup, meaning France have 5 representatives in the Champions Cup next season.

The big news is that Marseille lost their place at the top, missing out on the league by 1 point to PSG. Andreas Boeckl was still top scorer in the league, but only with 32 goals. Our former player Baba Fall finished 3rd with 24 goals and Bryan Pham Ba 4th with 22.

The Players

Flavien Santiago YP44a had a great season and is being described as a wonderkid by the media. He is a bit of a yellow card magnet and of course will not sign a new contract.

Florian Dupius YP41d also played well. He contributed 7 goals and 6 assists sitting in behind Pham Ba.

Ahmet Cinar YP46a is the most promising of my worst looking youth intake in many seasons.

Transfers

We managed to keep hold of everyone in the first eleven. Just some fringe or squad players let go.

The board have agreed to build our own stadium, rather than use the council one. A 25k seater stadium for 45m pounds. No funding needed, but it is scheduled to take 3yrs to complete.

image.thumb.png.b27b7b872d66765787983ea170142bb5.png

Does anyone have a breakdown of what all the personalities mean under the hood? I've had a player go from temperamental to casual and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not? Most of them are fairly obvious, but it would be good to know what some of the more obscure ones mean, e.g. casual or mercenary

1 hour ago, Britrock said:

My youth intake looks like it could be promising, meanwhile this game was absolutely nuts. I even had a chance in the 96th minute to win but the keeper saved it.

That's a nice comeback @Britrock

I enjoyed this one below. Got completely outplayed, they missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed for being offside. We didn't have a single shot on target and still got a point. Away against a quality team.

image.thumb.png.787af3e4e11f640f83d3a8e508c2e50e.png

2 hours ago, Britrock said:

Does anyone have a breakdown of what all the personalities mean under the hood? I've had a player go from temperamental to casual and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not? Most of them are fairly obvious, but it would be good to know what some of the more obscure ones mean, e.g. casual or mercenary

It's a good thing in that his temperament has improved, but causal is still a flaming pile of poo.

Under the hood explanation here https://www.yekbot.com/football-manager-2019-player-personality-guide/

Useful info here https://www.guidetofm.com/players/personalities

On 23/12/2019 at 19:48, OlivierL said:

Small off topic but important youth only question :

8dc2d21dbb3dd26f3994b69cec4a0a1c.png

Anyone knows how i could keep this guy / my star striker in a youth only save ? :) 

He wanted to leave for an offer from a team from Saudi Arabia. Afterwards he said he was happy to stay , his morale is superb, he has two small concerns :

d0b3644894552320dae4c2dca7121197.png
He is here for 6 more months, anything i could do to make him sign a new contract ? Win trophies u say ?

Miracles happen !

I put him on transfer list on deadline day. A team from Norway offered 60k + 50% on next sale. He was leaving but i decided to cancel the offer . I took him off the transfer list and.. suddenly he was back on speaking terms and.. it 's expensive but he is staying home !

17ea56598412b5cd66e03062b78232d5.png

37 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

We've just had a board takeover and they made offers for two players. I cannot cancel at present.

What was the ruling if the transfers go through? Just release them for free immediately?

On 12/12/2019 at 17:29, darren1983 said:

if they force the players on you then all you can really do is sell them ASAP without using them. Seems a bit harsh but can't think of any other way around it.

Edited by vikeologist

2046/47 Annecy FC season review - French Ligue 1

The League

We had a nice safe 13th placed finish. We were never in contention for European places, but never in danger of falling into a relegation battle. LOSC won the Euro Cup this year and finished 7th, meaning France have five teams in the Champions Cup for a second year in a row.

We did have a great run in the French Cup, reaching the final thanks to a bit of luck of the draw. We started with four home games against Ligue 2 or weak League 1 teams, then played Ligue 2 Montpellier in the semifinal.

The final was a different story as we got taught a footballing lesson by OGC Nice, going down 1-4.

Another near miss for silverware and European qualification.

The Players

Flavien Santiago YP44a continues to improve and draw interest from bigger teams. Unfortunately he still won't sign a new contract. I have a tough choice to sell him now for a large sum, or get one more season from him and see him leave for free.

Sinan Lelevé YP43c made the step up this season to cement a place in the 1st eleven.

The youth intake was poor for a third season and the top two had 'fickle' as a personality. I'm considering letting my Model Citizen HOYD go for someone with better attributes.

Transfers

image.thumb.png.acd61e4f57319672724cdfe38cea0320.png

So, if I read Darren's post correctly, you don't have to take the hit of releasing them on a free immediately. 

It's possible, if not probable though that nobody will bid for them straight away, because they've only just joined your club.

@darren1983 Would not using them just mean as players, or not using them for training groups / mentoring either?

@Fastbasher Does your HoYD have any redeeming qualities, apart from the personality? 

All this discussion of the ideal HoYD, but is anybody getting great players season after season without fail? 

Does anybody think they have a 'perfect' HoYD or a perfect youth staff team? If so, tell me about it?

I think that maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot having some youth coaches with good personalities and rubbish coaching stats, but I'm currently allowed 14 u20 and u18 coaches, including managers/ AMs, plus 4 fitness / GK coaches, a HoYD and me (the manager) for my 2 youth teams, so it's not like everybody has to be the greatest coach.

Edited by vikeologist

4 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

So, if I read Darren's post correctly, you don't have to take the hit of releasing them on a free immediately. 

It's possible, if not probable though that nobody will bid for them straight away, because they've only just joined your club.

@darren1983 Would not using them just mean as players, or not using them for training groups / mentoring either?

I managed to sell them both within 16 days for a combined loss of only 3m pounds. No games played.

Many of my players are now upset at me for selling two key players in our team.

1 minute ago, vikeologist said:

Hmm good question. I think using them for mentoring goes against the spirit of the challenge, but as they have been forced on the player then this is probably an OK use of them but to have any real impact they have to be high up the hierarchy of the squad which comes from playing time right? So not sure what benefit using them would be if they're not playing. Personally I think just sticking them in the reserves and on the transfer list is best but I won't stop people trying to get some use from players they're forced to have (aside from actually playing them obviously)

8 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

@Fastbasher Does your HoYD have any redeeming qualities, apart from the personality? 

All this discussion of the ideal HoYD, but is anybody getting great players season after season without fail? 

Does anybody think they have a 'perfect' HoYD or a perfect youth staff team? If so, tell me about it?

My HOYDs ability scores are not good at all, but he was the only 'model citizen' I could find. Three seasons with poor intakes now.

The intakes with my professional, spirited and balanced HOYDs with good ability scores seemed a lot better.

180px-Foggia_Calcio_logo.png

Foggia 2022-23 Season Review

Table -- Fixtures 1 -- Fixtures 2 -- Playoff Fixtures -- Cup Fixtures -- Player Stats -- Finances -- Transfers

Another season which saw us grinding along at the bottom of the playoff places.  Never had to worry about relegation but never pushed the top five places either.  Just a season where I felt like we were going through the motions.  That said, it did show me that some of the players that I have been starters probably won't be starters when the new season begins in July.  Players from the last two youth intakes should finally be ready to push them for first team places.  Also, our road form has to improve.  This year, we went 3-10-6 and scored just 13 goals.  Our home form was fourth best in the league as we went 10-5-4 scoring 20 goals but only allowing eight.  That's the goal for 2023-24: maintain home form while improving the road form.

Player of the Year: CF Daniele Cannas - Cannas was by far our best player this season.  He returned to his goal scoring form from the 2020-21 season and bagged 16 goals in league play and 17 goals in all competitions.  His 16 league goals was best for 3rd place in the Serie C/C.  We need to keep him scoring if we are to push for a top five place in the league.

Youth Intake

895468475_FootballManager202012_28_20199_05_47PM.thumb.png.5cb65e8a6a80799b28e5d1fa1ee5677c.png

A vast improvement over last year's poor intake.  The personalities still are not ideal but the abilities are almost Serie C ready right out of the gate and deep too.  Not just a couple of good players but a large number should see some time with the senior side.

Alberto Bianconi 23A: Bianconi is an interesting player since he is a very tall winger than can also play defense if needed.  A player who gives me a variety of options on the left-hand side of the field.

Leo Manzari 23B: A stay-at-home full back who needs to work on the technical part of his game and when it catches up to the mental side, he will be a very good player for us.

Fedele Narraccio 23C: Narraccio is a center back on the smaller side (only 5'11") but will instantly provide depth to the senior team if not push for a starting spot right away.  His professional personality will go along both on and off the field.

Michele Frallonardo 23D: Frallonardo enters the club as it's best goaltender.  His only negative is his unsporting personality but that won't stop me from penciling his name on the team sheet every week.

Luigi Baldo 23E: Baldo is another tall attacking player and gives us an option to play in the central attacking midfield position which has been something that we have lacked in the last two years.  He could see some playing time right away as I am toward a 4-4-1-1 formation next season to go along with a basic 4-4-2 and 4-1-4-1.

7316229_YouthIntake-Foggia-Excel12_29_201912_31_56PM.thumb.png.9731f82d812ccadef7f25b2ce5a441da.png

Purple means that this is the best average rating for a youth intake that I've had thus far.  This intake was purple across the board.

984300429_ClubOverview-Foggia-Excel12_29_201912_19_27PM.thumb.png.bb324ffccb291e74364cb5db0d8c4e64.png

Personally, I got my UEFA C coaching license during the season and will have my UEFA B license in September.  I will not improve the facilities this season as the cost will be too prohibitive for me.  The junior coaching is up to "good" and the youth recruitment is "adequate."  Both training facilities are "average."

I think my time in Portugal may soon be coming to an end. I stupidly sold one of my starting CBs in November and I haven't won or kept a clean sheet in the 15 matches since. There are 8 games to go and I'm 5 points from safety so it's not totally over but with this form it will be a miracle to stay up.

Befast Celtic FC (N. Ireland)
Season 3 - 2022/23

Tough first season at the next level in the Bluefin Sport Championship. The final position of 8th hides the fact, that we went on a very poor streak of ten games without wining after an ok start.
At one point in November, after I messed up a team meeting, we were in serious peril with morale very low, and it took all my patience and tolerance to slowly heal and raise the morale and by that also steady the ship slowly. I made a tweak to our tactic, and in the final run in of the season we were luckily out of the relegation battle. 
Regarding transfers, my Head of Youth Development keeps signing players to our Reserves team. I cancel most offers, but three went through. But from the outgoing transfers, you can see, that the three players left the club on the same date, that they signed. Otherwise, some regens were loaned out, others left and some of the senior players from the first season left, since they were not good enough anymore.

League (Results 1, Results 2, Cups) - Quiet year in the cups. In the league, our low morale and ten games without a win threatened our existence in the league, but luckily, we managed to turn it around towards the end of the season.
But the final position is somewhat flattering of our performance this year. We were very poor, and during our loosing streak, we had a consistent habit of giving away a penalty within the first five minutes of the game. Morever, my left back Lee Robinson, lunged into the one two-footed tackle after the other, leaving me with no choice but to not play him for the remainder of the season. Here is the league chart.
But in the end, we survived, which is what matters in the long run.

Team - Our goalkeeper, Martin Harrison is developing nicely, and already looking very good. He has not missed a single game since intake day. Darren Stuart was again our top scorer, but this will not last. Darren LaveryDerek Carey and David Harris were some of our other main stays in the team. The overall quality has improved and will continue to improve, which is promising for the future.

Facilities - I managed to get through two upgrades for Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment each. They are now both Good. This is fantastic, and should enable us in the coming seasons to slowly aim for promotion to the Danske Bank Premiership.

Finances - The finances are deteriorating, but not too bad.

Youth Intake - The upgrades to intake facilities from last year did show in this years intake. Another Golden Generation. Tim West and Aaron Hunter are already starters in our team, and have a quality not seen before in our squad. I am currently using Tim West as an attacking central midfielder, but is contemplating using a Shadow Striker. Alan McNeill is also promising, and I really like the attributes of Shane McCann. He looks like a proper striker, and can hopefully take up the goal scoring from Darren Stuart in a couple of seasons. Lots of quality in the intake, and with the further upgrades, this will continue in the coming seasons. Nice.

Goal for next season: Survive again. Hopefully an uneventful midtable position.

2019-12-29_175817fdf4288c93e20c5f.png

2019-12-29_175242c8a8ef8da59a76b8.png

Edited by andershs

And as expected with 2 games left in the season we were relegated and I was fired. We still hadn't kept a clean sheet since November or won a game either. An epic collapse thanks to one player being sold. Not to future self: never sell a starting player however upset they get!

4 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

image.thumb.png.547287dd6d6ddf0a369204cb9ba621bb.png

First review of the youth intake.

Decent looking from the looks of it.

A Scottish goalkeeper from Dublin lol.

I am currently 3rd in the league after 15 games, enjoying this save so far.

Don't try to drink the Irish-Scot under the table!  :lol:

East_Kilbride_F.C._crest.png.44ad274b6e26944b6f1713e450f3d829.png

I just couldn't put my East Kilbride save on hold. I only just started with IR, so I decided to continue with my Kilbride save.

End of season 2024/2025

Table | Transfers | Youth Intake | Facilities

We had a good first season in the Championship. The difference between League One and Championship is massive. We are still a semi-professional club, so the next couple of seasons will be just fighting against relegation and hoping to stay up.
I just hope that I have some luck with profit from outgoing transfers.

Our first season at this level was a good one. Four matches before the end of the season we managed to avoid relegation. But more important is that we had a really, really good cup run. We managed to get to the semi-finals! Rangers was way to strong, but that did not came as a surprise.

5UoZBfu.png

After that match we gained almost 650k! That money was very, very welcome and we almost paid all our debts with it. After finishing the season we also received about 350k, so for the fist time in about four years time we had a positive balance. I directly asked for upgrades:

7xtuVcj.png
czHlIRT.png

Unfortunately no upgrade for junior coaching.

Youth intake
This years intake was a really good one. The best player of this intake came directly in my first team:
HSsA44Z.png

He still needs to learn a lot of things, but his mental and physical stats are just great.
Some other nice talents from this intake:

wcCncLa.png
Xp47Cdp.png

Our best player this season was Eddie Marshall 22c.
cng2QuC.png

Unfortunately he wouldn't sign a new deal, so he is leaving on a free transfer to Hamilton. Some other academy players that are developing well:

QykZgBu.png
HTVAbxz.png
6cREMIg.png
HbscWd0.png
hMQKjTz.png

3KA5IC7.png

130866.png.dd49383dff63ca63221a5d18d07b6e6f.png

IR Reykjavik - 2024 - youth intake

Preview :

ad7e784752630bd609d7bd2510806df3.png
Wasn't really happy with this preview but

The intake :

111db9cc1e9b867b441346399afede6e.png

A great intake with a few lads already knocking on the first team door.

53fe788b828e8205ed20b0a1cdb7f699.png
I'll sign 11 and retrain 6 of them.

Best prospects :

c76b368d581edac8646d87a61b6fd247.png

aa50e526832123b5e3f7ce5123faee1f.png

d3a9e50108078a754e9710e7479ab3a7.png

I managed to get promoted in my first season with Kelty Hearts FC.

I beat Dumbarton 7-3 on aggregate in the League One Relegation Play Off.

Gordon Wilson my best player and start striker scored 24 goals in 46 games for me.

image.thumb.png.b2c280ae70e3984ece3582e9b9274d08.png

I got a few decent players come through my youth intake.

Steven Richardson who is a 16 year old centre back with a 3 and half stars potential rating.

image.thumb.png.d5babe25366be2189257f92d33f2fedc.png

2047/48 Annecy FC season review - French Ligue 1

The League

This was an exciting run in to the end of the season. Over the last few rounds, the teams from 5th to 9th were swapping places regularly. We had a great opportunity to qualify for the Euro Cup.

In the final game, with time running down, we were drawing 1-1 with Bordeaux and Lyon were winning 1-0 over Marseille, leaving us in 8th place on the live table. The game ended and I was disappointed to miss out on a European spot, but then on the results page I saw that Marseille scored a 93rd minute equalizer against Lyon which bumped us up to 7th and a Euro Cup II place.

The Players

Club Legend Julien Aubert YP28c is retiring after spending 20 seasons in the first team. Aubert is our leading appearance holder with 563 league appearances across four divisions and 624 appearances overall. He was regualarly in our team of the year and was club captain from 2041-8.

His highlights include winning the Ligue 2 most assists award in 2041 and the Ligue 2 player of the season in 2042. He is now on a coaching course and will hopefully join the backroom staff.

Benjamin Bernard YP45a made the step up to a first team regular this season and contibuted 14 goals.

Screve Makengo YP48a looks a decent prospect from this years' youth intake. The rest look average at best.

Transfers

The two players on the left were brought in by the new board as part of a takeover (screenshots in earlier post). As can be seen on the right, Sedney was sold 7 days after coming in, Shearer 16 days after coming in. Both at a small loss and without playing a game.

image.thumb.png.77ca2f3042edf8798942e871c2c6684d.png

651957551_PalermoLogo.thumb.jpg.a551077b77f3f73132644c0a212ee9b4.jpg

Season 2027 / 2028

7th in Serie A

League Table             Transfer History

Showing some improvement this season especially against the top teams. Got really close to a spot i Europe but lost my last two matches.

I hope I will keep improving into the next season aiming for a Top 6 spot.

My players are just bad enough to avoid any interest from bigger clubs.

Nicolo Cavone was the only one from youth intake worth any attention. But he looks like he can be something special.

He is 201cm and  shoots with power so looking forward to some special goals from this guy.

GL ALL !! :) 

20191231085000_1.thumb.jpg.1d633be221af0473627d3ba2ece4687a.jpg

2 hours ago, Diego D10S said:

My players are just bad enough to avoid any interest from bigger clubs.

This!!!

I think there is a sweet spot where you can develop players that are good enough to compete and stay with your team long term, but not good enough that the big teams are constantly poaching them.

These are the players I want in my youth intake.

The wonderkids can wait until we are good enough that they want to stay.

Is it possible that for some staff members it's not possible to get the continental pro licence?
Mateo Henry joined us in 2020. He has been with us for 28yrs now. He has just failed his pro licence for the 11th time in the last 25 years.

image.thumb.png.88318eba55a3fbc34b98836c1783eeee.png

I sent one of my highly rated 16 yr olds out on loan for a season. His personality was 'fickle' when he went out. He came back one season later with a personality of 'fairly ambitious'.

Anyone know what factors may have gone into changing that?

Foggia 2023-24 Midseason Update

1041755121_FootballManager202012_31_201910_53_08AM.thumb.png.6ec6dd4a43514efcd608c07a69322946.png

We have been a solid outfit defensively with just seven goals allowed in 19 games.  Need score more than one goal per game and turn some of these draws into wins if we are to push for a position higher than 6th.

939324098_FootballManager202012_31_201910_55_08AM.thumb.png.b2c02a8117062ba8e49774c0f869dfd2.png

1012390364_FootballManager202012_31_201910_55_17AM.thumb.png.3ee64c368ef2db192e4067daa2716f0d.png

Finally made a deep cup run but I don't think we will get past Inter Milan in the 1st round proper.

1913526845_FootballManager202012_31_201910_54_43AM.thumb.png.c1b5a46af94ff550b435bae1c46735d9.png

Completely revamped my depth chart during the offseason and, as a result, 11 youth academy players have seen the field for the senior team this season.

2113060522_FootballManager202012_31_201911_00_47AM.thumb.png.7346f01bb870013d93358e9dd89a8cbd.png

Cautiously optimistic that the 2024 class will be as good as the 2023 class.

XaW - Follo Fotballklubb - 2021

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So, our first season in the 2nd tier and it went much better than I had expected. We started of reasonable enough, picking up quite some wins, but also lost a few. Then we had a good run for a few matches and found ourselves in the playoff spots. Some few more matches and we were suddenly fighting for the promotion spots. No one were really close to Tromsø though, as they quite clearly were much better than the rest of the teams here. Going into the final matches we really hit a low point this season and fell out of the promotion spots, in the end we finished in 4th, but it kind of felt like poor since we had so much promise of a spot higher up. It did meant we went into the playoff. In the semi final we faced Start at home. The game ended 0-0 at full time and went to extra time. A problem was an injury we got in the 88th minute, of course after we had used all subs, so we were looking at 30+ minutes with a man less. Start took advantage of this and scored in the 100th minute. At half time in the extra time I had to go a bit attacking to try to equal the game even if we had a man less. But only 3 minutes after the restart we gave away a penalty after a freekick and Start slotted it in to make it two. Things got even harder when they countered in a 3rd a few minutes later. At that point one of my defenders saw no reason not to pointlessly get his 2nd yellow card of the game and it left us with 9 men on the pitch. And from the freekick that left us with another man down, Start scored their 4th with 3 minutes remaining. At least we could take some pride in scoring a consolation goal just at full time to end it 1-4. So no promotion for us, and I don't really mind. Being semi-professional we overachieved a lot, but we finished very poor.

I've decided to start saving up for going professional, I think that's the next reasonable step for the club. We have a bit over 600k in the bank, so a few more season could give us enough to do so.

In the Norgesmesterskap we beat Hønefoss and Eidsvold Turn before losing to Strømsgodset in the 3rd round.

The leading players this season have been Ernest Hubert RzepeckiJoachim Glosli and Robin Gonella.

0tk9f5E.png

16 hours ago, Fastbasher said:

I sent one of my highly rated 16 yr olds out on loan for a season. His personality was 'fickle' when he went out. He came back one season later with a personality of 'fairly ambitious'.

Anyone know what factors may have gone into changing that?

For me mentoring helps alot. But I belive some change naturally as they get more experience.

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2022

The general quality is not that good, but a couple of very talented players.

uYUDNym.png

Johannes Lieberg 22b is simply amazing. One of the best midfielders at the club and will most likely play a lot the coming season.

8DMvUgs.png

Arbër Mustafi 22a is a promising winger. Not ready for too much first team, but might get a cameo this year.

sS7eGTW.png

@XaW do many of your youth intake come in at 17?
Mine come in at 15/16 and in Hong Kong, they even came in and could play at 14.

What influence do you have at your club that could have brought a Kosovo player through?
Or was it just a random chance?

My HOYD is Senegalese and I am getting one Senegalese player through per intake, plus usually another player with an African second nationality (Cameroon, Ghana, Congo, etc)

2 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

@XaW do many of your youth intake come in at 17?
Mine come in at 15/16 and in Hong Kong, they even came in and could play at 14.

What influence do you have at your club that could have brought a Kosovo player through?
Or was it just a random chance?

My HOYD is Senegalese and I am getting one Senegalese player through per intake, plus usually another player with an African second nationality (Cameroon, Ghana, Congo, etc)

I think there is something somewhere in the editor that decides age. In Germany they come in at 14-15, England is often 16, and Norway is often 16-17. Dunno why. Just happens. 

I don't know why we got a Kosovar, but there are quite a few people from Kosovo in Norway, so not that unlikely really. The same with Pakistani, Moroccan and quite a few other nations as well, especially for clubs around Oslo at least.

24 minutes ago, Diego D10S said:

For me mentoring helps alot. But I belive some change naturally as they get more experience.

Some of my personality changes are a mystery. Bear in mind that personalities should generally be getting better, though I can't put everyone on the Model Citizens' groups; especially when they cease to be model citizens

Sorrentino 4e - Resolute - Model Citizen - F Determined - Jovial. 

Pierpaoli 5a - Spirited - Light-hearted - Model Citizen - Resolute

I realise this makes me look incompetent at mentoring. They're outliers. Usually the progressions are quite boring.