The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 horas atrƔs, darren1983 disse:

Yeah know what you mean as I didn't want to holiday either and only did so as felt confident we wouldn't win the playoffs, but it has meant I've not yet started season 2 though as don't want to get too invested in case I have to start over, which is annoying as I'm enjoying my time in Italy and have already grown to like a couple of the players :DĀ 

to be fair might only be group relagation systems normaly its just 1 2 games but but seems like big groups of teams gets that problem @darren1983Ā  @Kazushi80

image.png.a4e8629541adade53accef192d1e7e18.png

2026/27 Annecy FC season review - French National division

The League

We put in a much better display than last time we were in the French National, but ultimately the same result. 16th position and relegated.

A lot of the teams in this division are professional. We are still semi-pro. It feels like we can't go further if we don't become professional, but we can't become professional unless we finish higher.

Ā 

The Players

Mehdi Kadi was player of the season and top goal scorer for the 6th season running.

Luca Pruvot YP27dĀ is a promisingĀ academy player that is attracting attention from several other clubs.

Ā 

Transfers

Ā 

In off field progress, I completed my Continental Pro Licence and the club upgraded the training facilities.

Ā 

image.thumb.png.b852b384033803233fdb3db475e0d448.png

12 hours ago, Kazushi80 said:

Yes, have seen your bug report and commented on it. Must be because of the update, because i wasĀ in the playoffs two times and had no problem at all. Hope it will be save game compatible and i hope they will fix it soon, because at the moment I can't continuing to play (except for holidaying which i don't want to do)

I'm heading for the playoffs in Italy myself. Is this just the Serie C ones, or B as well?

Going to holiday to the end of the season.Ā 

If I get automatically promoted, it's going to be very annoying, because it's just a test, and of course, won't give me any info about the bug.

Ā 

Edited by vikeologist

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

I'm heading for the playoffs in Italy myself. Is this just the Serie C ones, or B as well?

Going to holiday to the end of the season.Ā 

If I get automatically promoted, it's going to be very annoying, because it's just a test, and of course, won't give me any info about the bug.

Ā 

In my test save, I was promoted through the playoffs, which is going to suck if, as seems quite likely, I never manage to achieve it in my proper save.

All the Italian playoffs look fine in my save.

Ā 

Sport Clube Freamunde

Sport Clube Freamunde - Season 2021/22

Campeonato de Portugal

We've been contenders for the playoffs places until April but lost to Paredes at home (despite playing with a man advantage since 8th minute)Ā and then got only a point from next two games. Anyway it's a progress and I hope we will do better next season.

TaƧa de Portugal

Same result,Ā but this time we had no needĀ to wait for the lucky loser spots :DĀ 

Youth intake

Pouye 22a | Martinho 22b | Dopper 22c | Ngwira 22d | Santos 22e | Barbosa 22f | Cerqueira 22g | Moreira 22h

Another golden generation with an interesting set of nationalities. I guess it was influenced byĀ the latest patch, as I hardly could expect youngsters from Austria, Hungary and Belarus to appear in our academy. Probably my own and HOYD's nationalities (Russian and German) now give a chance to attract players from neighboring countries as well. Speaking of their abilities, Pouye already can be a decent backup for Pedro Alves on AMC position. Having some promising center-backs is also helpful as this position is a certain weaknessĀ in the first team. And too bad that both 5-star rated strikers have awful finishing, we need at leastĀ a decentĀ alternative for Paulo Costa at front.Ā Also our young goalkeeper was poached by Maritimo, though he doesn't look too promising comparing to Daniel Alves.

Squad stats

Pedro Trindade is now assessed as our best player and proves it on the pitch with the highest average rating. ExperiencedĀ left winger Valdinho surprisingly shared the top goalscorer placeĀ with Paulo Costa, who broke his leg a week before the last matchday, so will miss the start of next season. Without any real replacement I'll probably have to move Pedro Alves to the front, though he is much better suited to the AMC spot. And also we now have second Tiago Ribeiro in the squad, a first season newgen who didn't seem to have a lot of potential before but developed well and with his versatility provides a decent backup for several positions.

Transfers

Hopefully Guzman will be sold for a higher price later as we have 50% future fee clause in his transfer.

c6ikLEV.png

A pretty good youth intake with varied positions. My HOYD told me earlier that there would be no good CB's, but Dino Tomas looks decent.Ā 

Drazen Surbek is the stand out in this intake, a real poacher that will hopefully develop nicely.Ā 

Ā 

58.thumb.jpg.d8891256b3af554ef766ee345075dd08.jpg

13 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

I'm on my third attempt at this and still have yet to make it to my first youth intake without getting sackedĀ :seagull:

Have you tried one of the smaller nations, or were all in England, Germany, Italy, Spain or France?

9 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Have you tried one of the smaller nations, or were all in England, Germany, Italy, Spain or France?

I'm determined to do it with Stalybridge but finding it impossible, the lack of a senior keeper is heartbreaking at times, often we play really well against much better sides but then he'll drop a howler and we'll lose

I've tried starting in other countries but its like and itch I have to scratch!Ā  I'm a glutton for punishment

Alright, finally have some time for some FM, so time to give this challenge another whirl. Last year was pretty fun.

ErZ4H5n.png

Stafford Rangers - Preseason 2020/21

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Next Update

Meet the new manager of the newly promoted Stafford Rangers, Reese Blakeslee. While inexperienced, he is quite confident in leading the team to stay out of the relegation zone this year, and his long term aspirations are second to none!

Both the club and the media have little faith in Stafford's ability to stay up, and this season will likely be a difficult battle against the odds. The squad is quite decent however, though several key members are beginning to show signs of regressing due to age.

Meet the Team

Jake Charles, ST: The best striker on a team blessed with talent upfront. Jake Charles will have a lot of competition for his starting spot thanks to the team possessing 2 very talented young strikers, but he is only 24 himself and still likely has room to grow. A well rounded striker who is dangerous on his feet at this level of play.

Luke Jones, CB: The aging captain of the Rangers. His solid ability at the back is beginning to be eroded due to his deteriorating speed, exacerbated by a long term injury that saw him miss much of last season. Likely only has one more good season in him, but should prove to be useful for the coming year.

Danny Burns, CB: The younger part of our CB pair at the back. While a bit less talented compared to Luke Jones, his much better speed should help with faster threats, and he will likely continue to improve throughout the year.

Lucas Burnett, ST: An incredible young talent at striker. At only 17 years old, he's already more than good enough to be in competition for top player on the team. Will likely see his playing time a bit limited during the first half of the year until he turns 18 in January, as match time will provide him more benefits once he is 18 and jadedness can be a real problem with playing the younger players too much. Still, it's unlikely we'll be able to keep a hold of Burnett for too long as his talent is too much for this division, so I'm hoping we'll get a decent transfer offer for him before the end of the season, as I imagine he won't resign and I would hate to lose him on a free.

Steve Treadwell, CB: Another great young talent on the team, this one at the back. Treadwell will be getting first team minutes throughout the year as fourth option at CB. His low strength will hopefully increase as he ages, and he could very likely take the starting role from Luke Jones sometime next season if the team stays up.

The team also has a pretty decent midfield (that I won't be linking atm in the interest of actually getting some playtime in), but lacks depth at fullback and keeper. In particular, an injury to our starting goalkeeper leaves us choosing between a gray player or an absolutely awful youth 'prospect' that is likely worse than a gray player in most areas. Our wingers are mostly of the AML/AMR variety, but with the team's depth at striker we'll be running the classic 4-4-2 this year to take advantage of our talent upfront. Some overpaid players at winger will likely be let go at the end of the year if we get a decent youth intake (one of them is a 3.5 star player but has some terrible PPMs that make him not worth his cost). Overall I'm looking forward to a good first season, though if our first intake is poor we may struggle, as 4 of our starters and 1 backup are already in their 30s.

Edited by Sheyra

tienen.jpg.f0a2479e056e7ceeecc5dd06fdb12693.jpg

Koninklijke Voetbal Klub Tienen-Hageland - Belgian First Amateur Division - 2028/29 Season

We have pretty consistently been able to make it into the promotion playoffs. Of my 9 seasons, 8 of them have been in this 3rd tier of Belgium. Of those 8 seasons, I have made the playoffs 6 times, winning the league once. I played most of this season a couple weeks ago before traveling, but I finished off the season when i got back. We played well most of the season, had one of our best defensive results so far in goals conceded and actually scored a decent number of goals. Though it feels like we only score in the last 15 minutes of every match.

We started the playoff on 29 points (50% of our league total) while needing to catch the 1st place at 33 points. We were 3-2 in our first 5 matches in the playoffs and only needed to do better in our final match than the first place team to get promoted. We lost, they won, we finished 3rd. Ugh. The funny thing is in those 3 wins, we were level after 90' in all 3 matches. In the first match we scored the winning goal at 90+4' (our RB Dirk Nicolas), the 2nd match a 90+4' winner from our right wing Kim Paquet and the 3rd match a 90+2' winner from our left wing Arthur Buelens. We have never played well in this promotion playoff. In 6 attempts (including getting promoted from it once) we are 10-10-16. 46 GF, 55 GA.

table29.thumb.jpg.177cc26551ae205e8c2d5b17f02043db.jpgtienen29.thumb.jpg.387af151bd6b1f71328abbd628af5bcc.jpg

Actually I'll post the numbers from those 6 playoffs.

playoffs29.jpg.014a6f1546b1499eba063466d2311628.jpg

I don't include these W-D-L in my summary from above though maybe I should. The 25/26 season was a relegation playoff in Pro League B I had with dreaded Union SG back then. The other 6 are the promotion playoffs. I missed the playoffs obviously twice.

What I have found interesting is how some players who were absolutely slam dunk starters have fallen to the wayside, either they just never developed as I thought they would or they were just surpassed by someone else. I think the best example of that is at right wing. Jean-Pierre Schmitz (21a) was the star of the team in the early years, popping up the season summary above a couple of times. I thought he would be my best player for the rest of his career. But nope, Kim Paquet (24i) somehow has surpassed him. And I'm trying to figure out what to do with Schmitz.

I am at this point plodding along I feel. I am close to being good enough to get promoted to the next level, but it isn't a sure thing. And I just have no money, and since I have no money I haven't been able to upgrade any facilities for years. And since I haven't been able to upgrade the facilities for years, I haven't gotten better players. And since I haven't gotten better players, i don't promote. And if I don't promote, I won't ever have any money. But if I do promote, i will likely relegate back the next season. And if I somehow manage not to get relegated the next season, it will probably just be another season or two until I get relegated again. And the funny thing is my Junior Coaching is really good. But of course I chose this team primarily because their starting facilities were good. Alas, I plod along.

transfers29.thumb.jpg.5b37ab901e85d147d8c9597c622ed90b.jpgsquad29.thumb.jpg.431554866047fd64634ec1090a4d7ff6.jpg

Above are the transfers and the squad. Maybe after next season which will be my 10th season, I will post my starters pages. And lastly are my regens. The best of the bunch have terrible personalities and the ones who have decent personalities don't look like much. I do have hope for Cesar Andre (29c), who is likely the best of the bunch.

29youth.thumb.jpg.56acbeed2e7cd43f1664d28077869396.jpg

Ā 

NK Zadar is ready for Europe!Ā 

Second last game of the season we were up against HNK Rijeka. We were 3 points and one spot ahead of them on the table, but they had a big advantage on goal difference. We beat them 2-4 away with extremely clinical finishing! Not bad for a team tipped to come dead last in the league.Ā 

Euro Cup II here we come! Or qualifiers at least, where we will probably be knocked out!Ā 

Ā 

59.thumb.jpg.be2e6125f667daf94eed74602678eb41.jpg

image.png.82382d26b3f1ebf52cec1999940ffd10.png

2027/28 Annecy FC season review - French National 2-D division

The League

We successfully avoided promotion with a safe mid table position. The chairman wanted me to develop the youth players and doesn't seem to care about our league form at all. I obliged.

This season was a transition season of getting rid of a lot of original players and easing in our own youth players.

Ā 

The Players

Mehdi KadiĀ was the player of the season and top scorer for a 7th time.

Alaa Saibi YP24cĀ won youth player of the season and made a very successful step up to the first team with 10 goals and 11 assists.

Julien Aubert YP28cĀ came through our youth academy in March and got a bit of game time towards the end of the season.

Ā 

Transfers

image.thumb.png.0035127d561346d05c9b6366fb841f67.png

Ra6uFfl.png

Aliados Futebol Clube LordeloĀ 2020-21

Manager / Facilities

Ā 

I'm gonna give this challenge a try. Starting in Portugal with my local team Aliados de Lordelo, after completingĀ the Big Euro Challenge in FM14 with them.

Let's try to survive relegation this year and not get fired, since it's part of the club vision to sign U23 players...Ā :DĀ We're placed in Campeonato de Portugal Serie A with other 18 teams; the two top spots qualify for promotion playoff, bottom five get relegated. Three teams on our group are fully professional and one is amateur.Ā All our squad isĀ free to sign for other clubs, I'll try to sign some contracts soon. Media predicts a 14th place, but let's see if we can escape relegation...

Edited by CJ'43

Next Year's Payroll

I have playing into my next season. My payroll was about $9400 and on ~June 10th the board announced the new payroll budget would be $9040. So I have to cut $400.

But of course I have to resign or release half of my U18's, half of my U21's and half of my Full Time Squad. And many of those want raises. So I've made choices, setting a number of players for release, selling off a player making too much money and trying to decrease payroll in general.

budget29.jpg.d867153dce0991119e013663835fb9e3.jpg

So this is where I am now. Somehow my payroll has jumped to $9500 but it says my committed spending is $6948. If I look in the Finances > Salary > Salary Commitments section it shows my salary comittments at $8.25k.

My back of the envelope guess of what I have cut is ~1500 so I would guess my payroll will be around $8000.

But what is actually correct? I'd like to stay under budget as it is 'Required' and obviously I can't sign players so I don't want to dump players that could provide some use. And selling players at this level to dump salary is not easy. In the past,

It would be nice if one of these numbers was accurate so I would know exactly how much my salary is projected to be on July 1.

@jstu9Ā I'm envious of that budget

image.png.05220fab9c8ff05685c83efe211561a3.png

Current spending is what your annual wage is at present. Committed spending is what you have to pay next season for contracts that already go into next season. If you release all players with expiring contracts, then that will be your 'current spending' next season.

Basically of all the players with expiring contracts, you can offer around 2100 in total to the ones you want to keep to stick toĀ budget.

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm not doing well enough tactically to play as I normally would. So I've decided to start anew. This time playing much slower and taking my time with tactics and messing around with the things "I thought I knew". Not sure where I'm heading yet, but I'm going to play around a bit and see what happens.

Bilderesultat for nk zadar

Ā 

NK Zadar

Season Update 2025-2026

A breakthrough season for us. After finishing 7th, 7th, 7th and 5th the previous years, we snuck into a European spot, finishing 3rd. We were tipped bottom of the table by some margin, so we have to be very happy with the season overall!Ā 

This was our first season playing a flat 4-4-2 for a whole season and its worked out well. It's a simple and uncomplicated tactic, but we have a very uncomplicated team. Bruno Zdunic, our best striker, scored 26 goals this year, last year he scored 13, and that summarise the progress this tactic has given us to be honest. We scored more than any other team this year. Our defense is not the best at times, but overall we performed really well!Ā 

On a negative note, our finances are terrible! So bad that I fear we will be put under administration at some point. The solution might be to sell our top prospect Tihomir Ajdukovic. Liverpool, PSG, Man City, Juventus and several others are interested, but I want Ā£7-8 million for him.Ā 

Next year we will be in Europe, but its only Euro Cup II so I dont know if it will give us a lot of money.Ā 

Goals for next season: Finish top half and get through the qualification stage of Euro Cup II

Ā 

Season Summary

60.thumb.jpg.e29d731a5fb3cf515b147c9dc5d1475a.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 61.thumb.jpg.fef236b18c6c6f6b4f1d180854699a05.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 62.thumb.jpg.d83531e83edd3367b44777e0146a13e7.jpg

Best Performers

63.thumb.jpg.8c67d0a556862c3d808e6987b1a56715.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 64.thumb.jpg.c6b65112bfaab27d08ba815fe85e30ec.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 65.thumb.jpg.f0d2154eb8b4112f9a59693f995a5aa1.jpg

Best Talents

66.thumb.jpg.968b1928ae71a385fa095054a6e41dc5.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 67.thumb.jpg.95c64b6eaa95a8a38d4f6ba2a9de6dda.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā 68.thumb.jpg.3783e1c32ebbbdb630f6951d7cea91a9.jpg

Ā 

Season	|   League                            |  Position |  League Cup   |        Europe         |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|   Druga Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  1st      |  Semi-final   |         N/A	          |   Promotion to top division first year
2021/22	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  2nd round    |         N/A	          |   Stayed in the league. Good first half of the season
2022/23	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  Semi-final   |         N/A	          |   No improvement on last year, only worse finances
2023/24	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A	          |   Another 7th place finish
2024/25	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  5th      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A	          |   Decent progress, finished just outside a European spot
2025/26	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  3rd      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A	          |   Great season, bronze medal and European spot

Ā 

Worryingly we've lost 4 players by the 1st of September...which means this is now the entire squad.

EDIT: And now we've lost Lee Ruddick taking us down to 15 players.

bd0c036e2e5edd6768a41c93173fb317.png

And to further show the difficulty of what we're up against, here is out best player James Fletcher.

06cd572c055c294fd1adc2b2a4ba8dd6.png

Edited by Makoto Nakamura

I've decided to have a go in Portugal, and I fully accept that this might be a short effort. I've taken overĀ EA BraganƧa. The reason for that is that they have almost only Cape Verdean players, and indeed, their grays are also from Cape Verde. The drawback? Two defenders in total, so I have to retrain some to play fullbacks in the first season. I might get sacked soon, but I think it could be a fun challenge.

hQjHa08.pngHn0KkJz.png

I've already cancelled the player already on loan, btw.

8 minutes ago, XaW said:

The reason for that is that they have almost only Cape Verdean players, and indeed, their grays are also from Cape Verde. The drawback?

Won't most of your team be unavailable during the international breaks as they're off playing for Cape Verde?

Does Portugal have cup games and/or lower league games during the international break?

15 minutos atrƔs, XaW disse:

I've decided to have a go in Portugal, and I fully accept that this might be a short effort. I've taken overĀ EA BraganƧa. The reason for that is that they have almost only Cape Verdean players, and indeed, their grays are also from Cape Verde. The drawback? Two defenders in total, so I have to retrain some to play fullbacks in the first season. I might get sacked soon, but I think it could be a fun challenge.

I've already cancelled the player already on loan, btw.

Nice challenge. They're a team made of african students in BraganƧa university.

10 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Won't most of your team be unavailable during the international breaks as they're off playing for Cape Verde?

Does Portugal have cup games and/or lower league games during the international break?

No clue, part of the challenge if I make it that far, I guess.

1 minute ago, CJ'43 said:

Nice challenge. They're a team made of african students in BraganƧa university.

Thanks! I didn't know that. Funny how the game broadens the knowledge around the world. :)

Belfast Celtic FC (N. Ireland)

Beginning of challenge - 2020/21

Ā 

After taking a couple of beatings in the english lower leagues, I have returned to Northern Ireland, where I have had some enjoyable attempts at this challenge in previous editions of the game.

I have taken over Belfast Celtic FC, reformed before the 19/20 season after Sport & Leisure Swifts FC changed their name. It is an old club though, formed in 1891 and withdrawing from the Irish League again in 1949 due to political reasons.

We have very few players in theĀ squadĀ and no goalkeepers, so this might yet again be a short-lived attempt at this challenge. TheĀ facilitiesĀ concerning training and intake are basic and fairly basic, respectively.

This is theĀ manager.

I really need a succesfulĀ attempt now :)

Ā 

Edited by andershs
typos

Thinking I might restart with Palermo, just a few things I want to do differently from the start, plus the playoff bug wiped my enthusiasm for this save. Even though it's not fixed knowing about it going in will be better than finding out at the time. I hope any way.Ā 

Final of the 2023/2024 season. For the first time i have managed to not finish in 10th. After 3 season of just finishing outside the relegation spots, i was able to end the regular season in 6th, what made me qualify to the championship group. Sadly it went really bad with 1 draw and 9 losses. I had a good run in the cup being eliminated by olympiakos after losing 7-0 in aggregate.

Best players in the team:

Screenshot_112.thumb.png.613421c9e25e98bbbc085c7917be67e5.pngScreenshot_113.thumb.png.7721ce6fbfcf836e748e789b58d39e8e.png

Ā Screenshot_114.thumb.png.e399b9cab48d2387de4217de99bc0b38.png

Ā 

Best youth prospects:Ā 

Screenshot_115.thumb.png.c80cc61775daf5293534ba32f50eaf67.pngScreenshot_116.thumb.png.10f9e2b27dbfe7e37acf3e5a79e7b19c.png

Screenshot_117.thumb.png.f88d7a996c1eb9075b44ac9518381998.pngScreenshot_118.thumb.png.140d4851825befd9cb4823018014e384.png

Screenshot_119.thumb.png.73020ec7745d35e25297004c30edfa83.png

League table:Ā 

Screenshot_120.png.52b2ec4bdb3dc52703e0a55468144b3e.pngScreenshot_121.png.c76f575b26607447c8f654a421f22763.png

Ā 

Syriopoulos was the third best player of the year, kalogridis was the second best goalkeeper and i was the third best manager.

6 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Worryingly we've lost 4 players by the 1st of September...which means this is now the entire squad.

EDIT: And now we've lost Lee Ruddick taking us down to 15 players.

bd0c036e2e5edd6768a41c93173fb317.png

And to further show the difficulty of what we're up against, here is out best player James Fletcher.

06cd572c055c294fd1adc2b2a4ba8dd6.png

Just out of interest, what madeĀ you choose not to play with the real Banbury players?

njvjD5K.png

St. Ives 2031/32 Season Review

League Table Ā  Ā Playoffs Ā  Ā Youth Intake Ā  Ā Squad Ā  Ā Transfers

4 more league pts, 7 better GD, 3 positions higher. Baby steps, but they're baby steps in the right direction.

Still relying on Atkins up front as Clifton retired, but I can't say he's seemed up for the task this time around. Luckily Harrison, Seeby, and the other midfielders score enough to make up for it. For now.Ā 

Bloomfield and Davenport are just about ready for the first team and the coaches reckon Aspin deserves a chance as well. Part of me wants to go back to two strikers so he and Harrison can take turns playing PF next to Atkins, except Harrison is doing such amazing work from AM that messing with his role seems like a poor idea... We'll see. Maybe I'll try a diamond.

Another mediocre intake. James looks the best right off the bat ā€” which says a lot, really ā€” and Harding and Copping have decent personalities, but they all have a long ways to go. I still have hope for Stupple and maybe Sambridge if he can keep improving. The rest... will need a miracle.

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2031/32   Vanarama National   4th      Lost in Playoff 1st Rnd, FA Trophy runners-up
2030/31   Vanarama National   7th      Lost in Playoff 1st Rnd
2029/30   Vanarama National   15th     -
2028/29   Vanarama National   10th     FA Trophy runners-up
2027/28   Vanarama North      1st      League winners
2026/27   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2025/26   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2024/25   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2023/24   Vanarama North      5th      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2022/23   Vanarama North      4th      Lost in Playoff 1st Rnd
2021/22   Vanarama North      9th      -
2020/21   Vanarama North      15th     -

Ā 

image.png.5b4faa0433cff911892cfc8db64854b9.png

2028/29 Annecy FC season review - French National 2-D Division

The League

Another safe mid table finish. We were never challenging for promotion, but at the same time, in no danger of relegation.

It is hard to build up the funds in this league. It seems you can't carry it over from season to season as you just get less of it the following season.

Ā 

The Players

Mehdi Kadi was once again player of the season (7 of the last 8 seasons) and joint top scorer (8th consecutive season as top or joint top). Unfortunately after 10 seasons with us, he is nowĀ retiring.Ā Kadi finished with the record number of league appearances at Anncey with 335 and record number of league goals at 117.

Bruno Lacroix YP21cĀ was the youth player of the season.

Romain Pfister YP28bĀ made a successful step up to the first team.

TheĀ youth intakesĀ are starting to show a lot more potential.Ā 

Ā 

Transfers

Ā 

image.thumb.png.79e319b4493b22a6873bd58c6b7fde97.png

Our biggest transfer by far will probably be finalised in the next few days. We will lose our by far biggest talent,Ā but the deal is a good one. For a club Ā£2,74 million in the red to receive Ā£6,5 million for an 18-year old is fantastic. That meets his release clause, so a little dissapointing to not be able to negotiate any additional bonuses, but thats how it is. This will fix our balance sheet, at least for a few years, and hopefully it can lead to some investments.Ā 

Ā 

69.thumb.jpg.48466466daaabc3b72cec8e67098ebf7.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā Ā 70.thumb.jpg.09d310f1a74526c34d3e4381abe56c32.jpg

Vikeologist's Palermo 2024/25 End of Season Report

Image result for palermo fc

In our first season after promotion, we finished 4th, 2 points behind the champions, and qualified for the playoff semi-finals which we lost courtesy of an extra time goal from a free kick.

Iā€™d have been delighted with this at the start of the season, but we looked cast iron certainties to win the league most of the year. We were 8 points clear, until (around the time of the latest update) our form nosedived, including a spell where we picked up 2 points from 7 matches.

Our form recovered a bit at the end of the season, but too late.

Hopefully next season we play like the champions we were 75% of the season, and not the relegation fodder we were for the other quarter.

Iā€™m not sure it would have necessarily been a good thing to achieve promotion straight away, but we need to sell players to survive in Serie B. Thatā€™s not a problem really. Our facilities mean that we have a factory of good players, and losing the odd one isnā€™t the end of the world.

But we really could do with having enough money to improve our training facilities.

Top Goalscorer ā€“ Daniele Corti YP3a - 21

Our star striker, continues to improve.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) - Daniele Corti YP3a ā€“ 7.42

Man of The Match - Daniele Corti YP3a ā€“ 8

Most Valuable Player - Daniele Corti YP3a

Obviously.

Season	Division		Position	Notes										
20/21	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 2nd round of promotion playoffs.
21/22	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 3rd round of playoffs
22/23	C/C			2nd		Eliminated in Quarterfinals of playoffs.
23/24	C/C			1st		Won league and Super C Cup easily.
24/25	B			4th		Lost in playoffs S/F

20191207100432_1.jpg

20191207100440_1.jpg

20191207103930_1.jpg

13 hours ago, OlivierL said:

no more Iceland @XaWĀ ? good luck in Portugal.

Taking a break from it. Trying to relearn tactics from scratch in Portugal. I thought I had the gist of it, but I found out my old tricks aren't working anymore.

A strange start to the season. After our sale of Ajdukovic for Ā£6,5 million we turned red numbers into black. We also had Europen qualification, and by a miracle we were able to qualify for the group stage of Euro Cup II !! This gave us another Ā£2,62 and we have gone from minus Ā£2,74 to Ā£6,78 million in plus!Ā 

But at the same time we are having the worst continental hangover ever! Suddenly we are straight into a relegation battle! We are certainly missing Ajdukovic on the field, even though he has given us a great profit!Ā 

Ā 

70.thumb.jpg.9b188a38eb1d47b6cccb2b632b2cb960.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā Ā 73.thumb.jpg.7917b21dfe287d9d029e18c380f9bf59.jpg

Ā 

71.thumb.jpg.543102e32e7e655d097ebe1d497f981b.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā Ā 72.thumb.jpg.6506bb02884f60a89f23ed129bb28a00.jpg

Edited by thomas_e

11 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I think because it's FMT and because of their low rep they don't have any real players when they get promoted.

Ah I see - can you not add players from regional divisions before you start?

Theyā€™ve got a few good players, particularly Rasulo who could probably play in League 2

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Season 1 - 2020/2021

Ā 

A way better season than during my first try. I felt the difference after the engine change in the 1 v 1. My conversion rate went up by almost 50% reaching 12% while i got 7-8% during my first try. Played the play offs, and lost during the first round to Dulwich Hamlet 2-1. My striker, and best player, scored almost 40 goals during the season, and won a well deserved title for it.

20191207231204_1.thumb.jpg.0965a232eeaf46df8d348a1ea0f73363.jpg20191207230601_1.thumb.jpg.5da56055ff5b36d6f2659a242a0a3dd8.jpg

Ā 

Good runs in Fa cup and Fa trophy.Ā My financesĀ slowly goes into the red area. After securing my players during the first year, i have a better read over their potentials. I only have 2 players good enough for VNLS, my striker and a midfield. I will try to keep themĀ withĀ good contracts, and i will wait the others to be close to expire at the end of the season to negociate lower wages. I managed to improve youth recruitment yeeeee but my board failed to find a senior affiliate :(

20191208001642_1.thumb.jpg.227089a68c0b2c498082bb78201b311f.jpg20191207230405_1.thumb.jpg.1b7a1c08dae22d8ade5a542ac094bc4c.jpg

Poor youth intake, i only got 1 youth who looks promising. I will most likely train him as a winger.

20191207195132_1.thumb.jpg.ff98e661f3572262d74beee08f88b0e2.jpg20191207195136_1.thumb.jpg.e5fb7acf3588cdc1b893d5343e3c08a0.jpg

Ā 

Next season goal is to survive, improve finances and if it possible, have a senior affiliate and improve youth recruitment.

908130484_Policesaison1.thumb.png.5932c9db7047a5e273c1d7b7e32a4057.png

Edited by SpS_Zen

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 1796505535_PalermoLogo.thumb.jpg.b2cf7ad66b00b6e80e8f695cb8a21803.jpg

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Season 2022 - 2023

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā PROMOTION

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā League TableĀ  Ā  Ā SquadĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā Youth IntakeĀ  Ā  Ā Ā Transfer History

Ā 

Season 2022 / 23 - 1st Serie C / C - Promotion toĀ Serie B.Ā 

Season 2021 / 22 - 5th Serie C / C - Knocked out 3rd round Promotion Playoff

Season 2020 / 21 - 10th Serie C/C - Knocked out 1st round Promotion Playoff

Ā 

After a dominating first half of the season I almost throw the league win away, but manage to win the last match of the season to secure promotion.

Alot of highlights this season, the biggest being my star striker from last season intake.

Giorgio TalaricoĀ scoring 39 goals in 42 matches and look like something special. Will be exciting to see how good he will be. Alot of interest for him already but signed him on a new deal with Sell Clause at 20M.

Also reaching round of 8 in Italian Cup getting knocked out by Inter away. Winning Serie C Super Cup and reach semifinal in Serie C Cup with my reserves.

Both my U20 and U18 team won their division so the season couldnt have gone better.

I'm very optimistic for the future. I've been blessed with great personalities on the influential players, making mentoring very effective. Shown in squad personality as Highly Professional.

Ā 

Youth Intake was pretty bad, but a couple of players that can be useful in the future.Ā Mattia PisaniĀ andĀ Antonello Plazzi

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 20191207235221_1.thumb.jpg.24372627b69468b7535a9fbcbc62d8e0.jpg

Ā 

GL ALL !! :)Ā 

Edited by Diego D10S