The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

7 hours ago, Padders said:

Season Review 2268/69

The new 4-4-2 tactic didn't work after a few heavy defeats early on, so spent the season messing around with new ones. Still can't find that works

The unluckiest manager ever in Finals continues. I make that all SIX European finals I have lost now

20201029095953_1.thumb.jpg.843cd05e7441e7daeb0f4ae722610946.jpg

Really poor PL season again 

20201029100002_1.thumb.jpg.23692290274f548f2083fbc2208a81f2.jpg

Board confidence C+ and job security "Stable" the lowest its been for years

20201029100606_1.thumb.jpg.e66d1d3387514d26aee9a531fd793442.jpg

You have done so many seasons :0, can you show me some if your best players ever?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/10/2020 at 11:49, thomas_e said:

@darren1983, did you decide to make a new thread for FM21? I would suggest to just keep this one and change the name. This would give people the opportunity to keep playing on an earlier version and also give a hall of fame that is not only isolated to a single version of the game. 

I've not really given it a great deal of thought but am more than happy to change the title to the FM Youth Only Challenge or something and have it continue over, I'll add a section to the HoF saying what version it's on as well. If that's what people want then I'm good with it it. 

I'll obviously update the OP and the reset dates (when we know them) as well

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

TSV Alemannia Aachen

800 Euro Geldstrafe für Alemannia Aachen :: DFB - Deutscher Fußball-Bund  e.V.

League Table - I would of been happy with this at the start of the campaign, though we flirted with promotion throughout the season and fell away in the last few games.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - A decent season overall, though a poor run in at the end of the season curtailed any chance of promotion.

Pre Season Friendlies - Six games this year and in truth, we were very poor.

Mid Season Friendlies - Just the usual handful of games to maintain fitness levels.

Squad - They are getting better, though they are still over performing.

Squad Dynamics - Much better than last year and they even like me now.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Three departures, all on free transfers when their contracts expired.  Very disappointing to lose Seppe Boonen.

Youth Candidates - We didn't receive the promised "Golden Generation", though in Tolga Delmir YP22A17 we have a fine prospect and a player who could go far.

Finances - We are in a dire situation.  We somehow need to raise finances quickly.

Key Players

David Pütz - Another fine season from the holding midfielder.  He had a couple of knocks during the season and it showed as we were a lot worse without him.

Kai-David Bösing - Playing in central midfield, he has a tremendous understanding with David Pütz.

Matti Fiedler - Centre half who is our best defender.

Saydou Bangura - Young striker who has come on in leaps and bounds throughout the year.

Florian Rüter - Winger who played way above himself and had an excellent season.

Next Season

Our first youth intake are available to play next season.  That said, we are not strong enough to survive in the second tier yet, so another top six finish would be fine with me.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21    Minimal = (0.50*) ↑   None =                 3 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   3 ↑   4 ↑   3 ↑   4 =   1 =   3 ↑   3 ↑   6 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑
2021/22    Nominal ↑ (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑↑          7 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   7 ↑  10 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Good                 Good              Poor                      Good                  Average          Average            National   (2.50*)
2020/21    Good =               Good =            Poor =                    Good =                Average =        Average =          National = (2.50*) =
2021/22    Good =               Good =            Poor =                    Good =                Average =        Average =          National = (2.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21      38        15       14        9          62              51                +11
2021/22      38        18        9       11          58              38                +20

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21          38        15       14        9          62              51                +11               341 days
2021/22          76        33       23       20         120              89                +31               705 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          Europa Conference League      League                             Position     DFB-Pokal                   Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21           N/a                N/a                          N/a                3. Liga.                              9th       Did not enter               Safe mid table.
2021/22           N/a                N/a                          N/a                3. Liga.                              6th ↑     Did not enter =             Missed out on a play off place by one point.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                   0
2021/22    No one!                                   0

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                0
2021/22    No one!                                0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                 0
2021/22    No one!                                 0

Edited by DazRTaylor

CD Mensajero

cd-mensajero-logo-png-transparent.png

2038/2039

LaLiga – 6th

Fixtures (1) -- Fixtures (2) Fixtures (3) -- Stats -- Awards -- Season Review -- Transfer -- Overall Best XI -- Key Player -- Hot Prospect -- Finances

League: As starts go, this was not a good one, picking up just 1 point from our opening 4 fixtures though we did have Espanyol and Real Madrid in that run who are both regular top 3 finishers in the league. Though we soon started to show our quality and put together a decent run of form. In spite our good form tactical tweaks were made in December time which began seeing us look a little more convincing overall. For the vast majority of the season we were in a 3 horse battle for 4th place though in the back end of the season we lost to both of the other teams in the battle with us which ultimately put to bed any chances that we might have had otherwise.

Cup: Back to a 3rd round only cup run this season. Two lower league sides beaten before bowing out to Sevilla in the 3rd

Europa League: A tougher group this time around in that we had Liverpool in our group who beat us in both fixtures, the other 4 games we did win comfortably though to see us qualify for the next round. The 1st knockout round saw a convincing victory over RB Salzburg before Bayer Leverkusen beat us in both legs to see us out in the following round.

Squad: Yan Luis Rubio 17a made the inside forward spot his own this season and is now considered a Wonderkid, though previous first choice there Andoni Llorente 6a did manage to get into the history books as our first player to score over 100 league goals for the club, he’s now also surpassed 500 appearances for the club in all competitions. Daniel Abal 13d attracted transfer interest with bids up to £75 million flying in for him which of course we rejected.

Club Infrastructure: Facilities were upgraded back to a maxed out state. We also added to our affiliate count (and on previous seasons that I didn’t actually cover) with us now having 9 different affiliates (10 if you include our B team)

Players of the year

Jose Bonilla 10a: Not as prolific on the assists count as either of the previous two seasons but still a very good contribution from Bonilla, 19 goals and 13 assists in the league.. His best league average rating this season also.

Armando 11b: Consistently a very good performer for us in a defense that is pretty porous. He had a very poor goal return for his standards this season however.

Daniel Abal 13d: Abal constantly puts in good match ratings whilst not really contributing directly to goals. Just the 2 goals and 3 assists to his name but provides nearly 1 key pass a game more than our next best player.

Youth Intake

Last seasons intake suddenly doesn’t look so bad… A few ok players this season.

8d0ab37f512138387dcda89848b24d9d.tif

Abian Gutierrez 19a: Defenders are where the team is lacking the most depth so I’m hopeful he can develop well to provide us with a good option there.

Brais Perez 19b: The new HOYD does seem to like attacking midfielders with this his 3rd one with good potential in his two years at the club. Perez looks like he could be a good prospect though I’m not yet sure what position would suit him best.

Overview/Looking Ahead

Another season where we’ve shown a steady progression, even if we did finish in the same overall position in the table. We were more defensively solid this season, especially in the 2nd half of the season after tactical tweaks. In the 2nd half of the season we actually had the 4th best record.

The hope for next season is that we can duplicate our second half of the season into the first half and perhaps manage to get ourselves Champions League Qualification, I’m hoping we can put together a better Europa League run as well to go with it.

The story so far

bf292d17a8652e3a9ef724ff3efe2ee6.tif

Youth Record Holders

565fc06daa032f4dcd67abfba3cdd20a.tif

Season Review 2269/70

Better season but still didn't finish Top 4

Youth Intake was poor again, that's four years now of nothing above 3 stars

Gutted as my HOYD has produced some decent players but can't afford to have 4 years of no quality, so I've sacked him and appointed a new one

20201030100107_1.thumb.jpg.b1496ee6240cd9dc6483f4eb1ccd39ac.jpg

15 minutes ago, Padders said:

So many to try find in screenshots in folder, over 800!

This guy was definitely one of my best strikers

Retired at 37

20201014153021_1.thumb.jpg.594aa2db97dd4af4687f8c3f114aea95.jpg20201014153032_1.thumb.jpg.657e23c92e3d950e38aad8647798536f.jpg20201009110743_1.thumb.jpg.d5046cebda95517e06a3f2706cee6b93.jpg20201009110747_1.thumb.jpg.91db792de41a9b3d7880070ec2ea1c0f.jpg

Love to see a screenshot of your managers history, games played, win ratio etc.

Also, your overall best eleven. Please.

If it isn't too much trouble :)

1 hour ago, WillHoward42 said:

Love to see a screenshot of your managers history, games played, win ratio etc.

Also, your overall best eleven. Please.

If it isn't too much trouble :)

Some bonkers stats on there

Never looked at it!

I holiday between games hence the high % there

91,430 days in charge!!!

7 players bought have been from takeovers#

42% win percentage. Not great but took 80 years to get in PL

20201030151236_1.thumb.jpg.3f53175fd5df8a106a24769206b0951e.jpg

@Padders: I've never really cared when picking a team, but I have read somewhere that geographical location plays a big part when it comes to youth intakes. Scarborough is quite remotely located in the UK isn't it? It's crazy to see a youth intake that bad for a Premier League side. 

How many affiliate clubs do you have? I'm thinking specifically on the agreements where you can get players from those clubs in your youth intake. 

The only positive you have in your youth intake is that there is a lot of full backs... what a joke, lol

2 hours ago, thomas_e said:

@Padders: I've never really cared when picking a team, but I have read somewhere that geographical location plays a big part when it comes to youth intakes. Scarborough is quite remotely located in the UK isn't it? It's crazy to see a youth intake that bad for a Premier League side. 

How many affiliate clubs do you have? I'm thinking specifically on the agreements where you can get players from those clubs in your youth intake. 

The only positive you have in your youth intake is that there is a lot of full backs... what a joke, lol

I genuinely think it works in cycles

Been playing for 250 years and this happens every 30 years or so

Produce absolutely nothing for a number of years

I've had the same affiliate clubs for 20+ years

Maybe I need some new ones?

This exact same setup produced this guy five years ago

20201030215301_1.thumb.jpg.0187f60d5472e03d1c855445382bff4d.jpg

Edited by Padders

11 hours ago, Padders said:

I genuinely think it works in cycles

Been playing for 250 years and this happens every 30 years or so

Produce absolutely nothing for a number of years

I've had the same affiliate clubs for 20+ years

Maybe I need some new ones?

This exact same setup produced this guy five years ago

In my save in Poland I observed after geting in 4th league I've got without fedder clubs once in 2 years a player with half Polish  half something nationality and trend is keeping up. As last season I've got half Polish half Ecuadorian goalkeeper but I also had first time feeder club with junior exchange so I've also got one Norwegian defender (poor thx Xaw). In this season I've got again one player this time defender from Finland so I asume its from feeder club. So I would say there is a good chance that in next season I should get 2 foreign player I guess but this time I have 4 feeder clubs. 

Do you think that fedder club facilities make any difrence in foreig player stats? For example I can get fedder club from Iceland with great facilities with 50k euro per month but I can aswell get from lower lig for 18k with medium one. What Is more valuable you think?

1 hour ago, Sn00gle said:

In my save in Poland I observed after geting in 4th league I've got without fedder clubs once in 2 years a player with half Polish  half something nationality and trend is keeping up. As last season I've got half Polish half Ecuadorian goalkeeper but I also had first time feeder club with junior exchange so I've also got one Norwegian defender (poor thx Xaw). In this season I've got again one player this time defender from Finland so I asume its from feeder club. So I would say there is a good chance that in next season I should get 2 foreign player I guess but this time I have 4 feeder clubs. 

Do you think that fedder club facilities make any difrence in foreig player stats? For example I can get fedder club from Iceland with great facilities with 50k euro per month but I can aswell get from lower lig for 18k with medium one. What Is more valuable you think?

I tend to pick the ones with the highest reputation.

My thinking is they will attract the better youngsters 

39 minutes ago, Padders said:

As expected Youth Intake was poor

I just had one like that too. 4 or 5 like that in a row and we're buggered for a good 10 years or so. Youth intakes are scary stuff now; I never really paid much attention to them playing other challenges and whatnot. 

Season 2046/47

I'm getting closer! That Man United team atm is different class though, really annoying. My last 3 seasons I've finished 2nd, 3rd and 2nd. The team is still young, i think the next 5 seasons are going to be my best chance for possibly decades. I got 4 world class strikers now, it's insane

47leaguetabe.JPG.8ff5d07b5a7dcd1f0ee23b6e4bea6221.JPG

Champions League was fun but Juve did us in the first knock out round. it was close though!

My latest striker off the seemingly endless striker conveyer belt looks the real deal as well:-

47blairhume.thumb.JPG.1bea91f5bbb39426bafcfcb0017a267a.JPG

Operario Lagoa Season 1 Youth Intake

Look at this for a youth intake. Wow indeed.

image.thumb.png.4877e6c193e5706b4f42308e35cf2547.png

Too many to post in here but I will just post screenshots of the top 3 prospects.

Jorge Ribeiro - 16 year old Portuguese Right Back 

image.thumb.png.3b18235acbdf078144ce5633a5d8d3e0.png

Xavier Marques - 16  year old Portuguese Left Back

image.thumb.png.0eba5e6bcbea0c67021cc07239d3345a.png

Ruben Silva - 16 year Portuguese Central Midfielder

image.thumb.png.7d0e7041e82ec581c821b6e50b5ff792.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

i'm having another really good season! I still need Man U to slip up but they just got hammered 4-0 by 16th place Brentford!

485gamesleft.JPG.dc165da4912dedf7ba7a6a7087b1c7b1.JPG

there was only 2 points betwee us at christmas so they splashed 129m on a world class midfielder, which kinda feels like cheating

CD Mensajero

cd-mensajero-logo-png-transparent.png

2039/2040

LaLiga – 6th

Fixtures (1) -- Fixtures (2)Fixtures (3) -- Stats -- Awards -- Season Review -- Transfer -- Overall Best XI -- Key Player -- Hot Prospect -- Finances

League: A very hot and cold year this season, we got off to a reasonable start before losing 4 on the bounce without scoring then smashing the eventual league winners 6-0 (incidentally they beat us 7-2 in the reverse fixture). For the most part this season we put on runs of consecutive runs and then runs of losing – not always on the bounce but several in a few games. We actually ended the season on one of the latter type of runs as we almost failed to secure a top 6 finish, a final day aiding us in securing it. This season we did end up joint top scorers in the league but our issues lay at the other end of the field with our 3rd ever worst defensive record (the other two coming in our relegation seasons).

Cup: Another 3rd round cup exit to fellow top flight Villareal.

Europa League: We won our first 5 group games in Europe before a 3-0 reverse to Roma saw us finish 2nd in the group. We did overturn a 3-1 first leg loss against Lyon beating them 4-1 in the second before we were drawn yet again against Roma who smashed us 7-0 on aggregate.  

Squad: Jose Bonilla 10a is probably unlucky to have been fighting with Francisco Jose Trujillo 16a for first choice striker considering his previous seasons contributions but the Wonderkid forced his way into contention. Club record appearance holder Adolfo Delgado 1d will retire this summer though he has only made 4 substitute appearances in the last 4 seasons.

358f6263d9faa35a3e31a66fa2e7d03b.tif

Club Infrastructure: Nothing of note that changed.

Players of the year

Jose Bonilla 10a: In spite of not playing quite as frequently he still performed very well this season 15 goals and 13 assists in the league making it 6 out of 7 seasons where he’s reached double figures in goals and assists and now has over 100 in both league goals and assists.

Daniel Abal 13d: This season was his best assists wise so far in his career 8 assists in the league still not prolific, but an improving return is only ever a good thing.

Nauzet Gutierrez 13c: This season was actually worse than his previous two in total goals scored but he provided his most assists this season, plus did miss a few games.     

Youth Intake

The intake did at least have some of our best prospects in positions that we really needed.

8af4979cbcf3ee29144f6b89d9ed49f0.tif

Martin Djidda 20a: He looks to be reasonably well rounded so will hopefully be able to live up to his potential so we can maybe have a decent defender for once.

Javier Diaz 20b: The striking position is actually probably the area of the team that we are best set in so Diaz will have to improve considerably to find his way into a potential spot there.

Asdrubal Garcia 20c: Another defender, this time a lot more improvement required to be a first team option but – it is our weakest area in the team so who knows.

Overview/Looking Ahead

Our attacking prowess continued to improve with a very good attacking record in the league, 89 goals, but as mentioned we are very weak defensively, I probably could tweak the tactic to help that out a little but in the end it comes down to the quality of the team with us very top heavy. Whilst star ratings aren’t the be all and end all this is what our first choice XI looks like which makes it obvious where our issues lie.

06744b41a1c6dbb728a6d844a91c88a4.tif

I want an improvement next season, but until we get better defensive reinforcements, I feel we’re going to be stuck in a loop.

The story so far

6f5f2fee219b93617332dd26b63ce207.tif

Youth Record Holders

607bc9e764eee80cb8d2bf8a1383676a.tif

3 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

well...... we did it!!!!!!

48titlewin.JPG.d6114794fa5395dbe57a587d10c25bba.JPG

I can't believe it. Man United had a 10 point lead on us at one stage and I'd written any serious title challenge off. Late January though we beat them at the Karl Marginson Park and the gap didn't look too bad after all.

we were phenomonal after that, only losing one and drawing two and slowly and surely pegging United back. They completely bottled it in the end with 2 defeats and a draw in their final 4 games. We won our final 6 at a canter - it was one of those runs where you feel you can beat anybody.

48finaltable.JPG.0735ace2a104f534e798d8ca0a5a6314.JPG      48theteam.JPG.e1f0889a665da0707d75e16e85afc91c.JPG

Even better, that team is still young adn still has a good few seasons left in them. 

The Stars

Heiko Petrick 36A - Our German international keeper. Such a relief to have a safe pair of hands in goal after a few dodgy years.

Jermaine Richards 40B - he's actually much better than that 2.5* rating would suggest. A really good steadying presence at the back

Colin Amos 39B - Welsh international wing back, never pulls up any trees but hugel reliable

Iago Riveiro 44A - One of the main differences. I've struggled to find a decent midfield for a few seasons so I was over the moon when he popped out my youth squad. Now into his second full season, he was amazing at times. He's only going to get better as well which is very exciting

Marcel Grant 45A - originally another 4 star striker prospect. I retrained him as a DLP as he seemed to have better suited attributes for that and he came into the side for our amazing run in, playing like he'd been in the team for years. Very exciting partnership alongside Riveiro for the future

Marti Fernandez 40A - world class striker number 1. 30 goals and 16 assists in 42 games this season. Won his 50th cap for Spain as well and still only 25.

Blair Hume 42A - World class striker number 2 - Started phenomonaly well with 15 goals in his first 10 games until injury ruled him out for a few weeks Took him a while to get back to his best but still finished with 28 goals from 33 starts, which in a 3 man strikeforce is not bad!

Keir Christie 41A - World class striker number 3 (and the second Scottish one too!) - 20 assists, 26 goals in 40 starts. He's ridiculously fast with a demon left foot

The Champions League?

well, we did well in the group stage, qualifying after 5 games. So i took a risk and played a reserve team in the 6th match We drew, but it meant we finished second overall. THe first qualifying round saw us draw Real Madrid as a result, home leg first. We were fantastic and cruising at 3-0 only to see them grab an away goal in the last minute. At Madrid we couldn't do anything to stop them winning 2-0 and going through on away goals. Frustrating, but we were close and in no way out-classed. This team has a good chance!

The key to a good side is your goal keeper and front players

Looks like you have good players in those positions

6 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

c7c3c41efcc2d3e1b4b6a86b4e4ed9b8.png
I hadn't actually realised this was a feature in the game (it makes sense that it is just haven't seen it before)

Wow, I didn't know that...

Edited by XaW

3 minutes ago, Rosqo said:

I changed my hoyd and now feel like my intakes are alot worse. Does changing them have a big impact on the following intakes or is it just variation in the luck of the intakes? 

Both. Have a look at the first post of this thread and see what effects what. Confirmed by SI to be correct.

My new hoyd griezmann has a better personality and reputation so fingers crossed it was just a few weaker intakes.

I changed my last one as I kept getting keepers and fullback all the time not something that's easy to stop. 

I foolishly sold a few of my better players that had a second player also in that position assuming my intakes would stay good.

8 hours ago, Padders said:

Lost Champions League Final

Absolutely gutted

20201101222055_1.thumb.jpg.6d3236077ac2cda983a8ddaec386e1e1.jpg

At least it wasn't some random own goal in 90+3 that lost the final this time!
Hopefully you can make the final again and win it before FM21! :D

My players determination keeps dropping so although they will start with decent personalities they end up at balanced after a few seasons.

I'd guess that this is caused by the team leaders being balanced personalities but this is only because they had the same thing happen when they first came into my team going from decent personalities to balanced.

Anyone got suggestions on how to prevent this from happening? I can't really sell all the team leaders as they're mostly my better players.

Season Review 2271/72

So absolutely devastating season.

Losing Champions League Final.

Knew it was going to happen. Lost my best player and best centre back to injuries leading up to the final. Just knew it was going to happen!

20201101221016_1.thumb.jpg.c7a59ccb76db741a70cbf64674eea908.jpg20201101220949_1.thumb.jpg.46554317b5980057411d7dfd0152a9ff.jpg20201101220955_1.thumb.jpg.4825084b5c3d95f2ef91953e1d03aef2.jpg20201101221011_1.thumb.jpg.5d870e0fbbdfa096b7fe6bf9b4214cac.jpg

As expected PL form was poor was no decent keeper

I gave up on the PL in the end and rested all my best players last few weeks (didn't help with the injuries!)

Haven't qualified back into the Champion League

20201102083336_1.thumb.jpg.6acc283ffca078140c386619cec02ffd.jpg

Youth Intake was poor expect one player

20201101203703_1.thumb.jpg.b1ffcf90bab5dc6ee45f4dddbcdfcb2c.jpg

Did win League Cup on penalties

20201101191728_1.thumb.jpg.26b8958809604d84f81d8e6700c67d8c.jpg