Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 Touch Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

I notice since the update they've changed the colours of the attribute boxes (not for the better) and taken away the option to change them. Not a positive start to this update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I notice since the update they've changed the colours of the attribute boxes (not for the better) and taken away the option to change them. Not a positive start to this update. 

The option to change them didn't really work. Must have been some unintentional carry over from the full game's skin.

Do not like the lime green and bright green and it's not like we see a bucketload of skins for FMT these days either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Timo Werner situation is definitely a bit odd. I've since signed other non-British players based in the EU and I'm being notified that they been awarded work permits and there are no issues at all. Hey ho, I suspect he should get one when the 120 days appeal window opens up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rafaelbenitez said:

The option to change them didn't really work. Must have been some unintentional carry over from the full game's skin.

Do not like the lime green and bright green and it's not like we see a bucketload of skins for FMT these days either.

I'm sure one of the devs said that was an intentional addition to Classic mode this year. Hopefully they bring it back, can't be too difficult to implement surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I see it's the purple skin or nothing this year. This is such a shame, as gameplay wise, this is the best version of Classic mode yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not switched to the public beta but I have noticed the links between players that show up on the tactics screen. I haven't seen any new links formed, just pre-existing ones which were introduced in full FM this year, e.g., van Dijk and Matip. Not sure if this is intentional although even in previous versions, you'd get the "feels he has a good partnership with Player X" in the player profile screen without seeing any visual link on the tactics screen.

Edited by rafaelbenitez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Also, I see it's the purple skin or nothing this year. This is such a shame, as gameplay wise, this is the best version of Classic mode yet. 

Yep. The retro skin was pleasant. Hopefully that's something reserved for full release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Yep. The retro skin was pleasant. Hopefully that's something reserved for full release.

I wish they would just do a dark skin, similar to the colour scheme on the main game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I wish they would just do a dark skin, similar to the colour scheme on the main game. 

Yes, it would be nice to have that option. The dark skin on this year's version is very nice. I actually liked both default skins they provided for FMT last year. You could at least rotate them and the attribute boxes were fairly easy on the eye. This combination of purple with lime green and bright green is not pleasant at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rafaelbenitez said:

New patch is out and well done SI, the player profile screens look much better now imo:

20191113230258-1.jpg

It is better, but I would still prefer the option to change the colour of the numbers, and perhaps more importantly, the attribute range. Good and bad attributes vary wildly depending on where you are managing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of the default skins, as soon as I get my hands on the FMT base skins I'll be attempting to mod them ASAP, I've never been keen on the new font, I much prefer a nice geo sans serif font! Perhaps a mod can confirm that on the 19th I'll be able to install the resource archiver? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gerara said:

How do you select the skin above? I cannot find it. Is it for FMT?

This IS the FMT part of the forum, mate. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

I'm not a fan of the default skins, as soon as I get my hands on the FMT base skins I'll be attempting to mod them ASAP, I've never been keen on the new font, I much prefer a nice geo sans serif font! Perhaps a mod can confirm that on the 19th I'll be able to install the resource archiver? 

I really hope you manage this for this year's game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This IS the FMT part of the forum, mate. :rolleyes:

I know. I play FMT. Blue is lime green in mine. Can I change it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Gerara said:

I know. I play FMT. Blue is lime green in mine. Can I change it?

Is your game up to date? SI released a patch yesterday which has now changed the lime green to blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gerara said:

Yes it is updated. Do I have to start a new gane?

Nope, it should be save game compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't resist so I boarded the BETA train this afternoon. I love that the general interface is much smoother and snappier than last year, although I'm having some performance issues with the match engine. That wasn't a problem last year and if I had to choose between them I'd rather have a bit laggy interface and smooth matches! :lol: Hoping it will be fixed eventually though, there's a rather large thread about this over at the bug forum.

Other than that ... early days, but it feels much the same as last year with some neat improvements here and there. I like it.

What I don't like is that skin! I really hope someone from the community will whip up a custom skin for FMT post release. That purple and white is, sorry for saying this, ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2019 at 23:36, KennedyBakircioglu said:

I'm not a fan of the default skins, as soon as I get my hands on the FMT base skins I'll be attempting to mod them ASAP, I've never been keen on the new font, I much prefer a nice geo sans serif font! Perhaps a mod can confirm that on the 19th I'll be able to install the resource archiver? 

Do you know if it's possible to bring back the club value in a FMT skin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Footix said:

I couldn't resist so I boarded the BETA train this afternoon. I love that the general interface is much smoother and snappier than last year, although I'm having some performance issues with the match engine. That wasn't a problem last year and if I had to choose between them I'd rather have a bit laggy interface and smooth matches! :lol: Hoping it will be fixed eventually though, there's a rather large thread about this over at the bug forum.

Other than that ... early days, but it feels much the same as last year with some neat improvements here and there. I like it.

What I don't like is that skin! I really hope someone from the community will whip up a custom skin for FMT post release. That purple and white is, sorry for saying this, ugly.

As soon as I can get my hands on the FMT Base Skin I'll be doing my best to create an alternative to the default one, so far I'm getting nowhere though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

As soon as I can get my hands on the FMT Base Skin I'll be doing my best to create an alternative to the default one, so far I'm getting nowhere though!

That's great news! I believe I have used one of your skins previously, excellent work. 

Thanks for taking the time to create a skin, and sharing it with the rest of us. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2TOMSLu.jpg

 

THIS..... IS... AWESOME...

I haven't seen a youth intake of over 4-5 the last couple of years.. First youth intake in 20 and a whopping 12 players!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muggert said:

2TOMSLu.jpg

 

THIS..... IS... AWESOME...

I haven't seen a youth intake of over 4-5 the last couple of years.. First youth intake in 20 and a whopping 12 players!

Whoa, and a damn good one. 

Is this related with the "golden generation" unlockable? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One recommendation that I have based on playing FMT is that the media sources who send interview questions could be more geographically consistent with who you are managing. For instance, as Man Utd I keep getting Voetbalzone, which I presume is Dutch (I only have one Dutch player Chong - so I don't think it's because of that), and this doesn't seem to be the most obvious choice to be asking the questions.

In terms of immersion it would be better if it could be mainly the UK national newspapers, BBC sport and Skysports when managing in England. Naturally, were I managing in Holland then Voetbalzone would be more suited.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2019 at 23:49, rednwhitejay said:

Steam have done an autumatic update and now i cant my game. wont allow me to click coninue on this screen

Screenshot (4).png

 

 

On 13/11/2019 at 23:49, rednwhitejay said:

i have the same problem after this update front Steam. How can I pass by this screen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I doing something wrong here or totally dumb (won't excluded it), but I can't seem to find board requests for upgrading facilities anywhere. Would someone give me a hand to where they are in FMT20?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Am I doing something wrong here or totally dumb (won't excluded it), but I can't seem to find board requests for upgrading facilities anywhere. Would someone give me a hand to where they are in FMT20?

Club vision screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Club vision screen.

LOL. You were right, it was just in front of my eyes and I didn't see it. Thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2019 at 17:34, rafaelbenitez said:

New patch is out and well done SI, the player profile screens look much better now imo:

20191113230258-1.jpg

Why can you still not see traits from this screen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, craiigman said:

Why can you still not see traits from this screen?

I imagine it's something they're still working on. The player nationality screen is missing too, so you can't see whether the player has any dual nationality, no. of international goals scored etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

I imagine it's something they're still working on. The player nationality screen is missing too, so you can't see whether the player has any dual nationality, no. of international goals scored etc.

Click on information and the nationality info is in there

3 hours ago, craiigman said:

Why can you still not see traits from this screen?

Click on development at the top and you can see their traits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainPlanet said:

Click on information and the nationality info is in there

Click on development at the top and you can see their traits

20191118083738-1.jpg

Unfortunately not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaptainPlanet said:

Click on information and the nationality info is in there

Click on development at the top and you can see their traits

But it should be on that first screen, it's important information. It's why I don't play Touch. FM19 made traits very import, and yet on Touch you cant just quickly view them with the attributes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We intentionally removed the traits from that screen to make room for the Playing Time info because they are duplicated elsewhere (on the Development Training panel). Whilst there would have been room for both on most PC resolutions, bear in mind FMT also has to fit onto the 1280x720 Switch screen, so we're more limited than FM in terms of what we can put on each screen.

If you have feedback on where you'd prefer the Playing Time info to be we'd be interested to hear it and would definitely take it on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would just like to say that up until the match engine changed I was really enjoying FM Touch 2020, am playing on PC and it gives me exactly the level of FM detail that I want, the screenflows all mostly make sense and flow smoothly, UI works once I got used to where things were and the slight nuances of change (coming from a few thousand hours of FM2016).

One thing I can't get to work that I've always liked is split screen for match days, having the pitch on one side and my player ratings on the other.  

And I'd much much prefer a black/dark interface skin option.

Other than that I've played through 5 seasons and haven't found a single major issue. So great job on the test and build cycle this year lads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused now as to how two people have two different screens, and as to where exactly traits are on display?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colorado said:

I'm confused now as to how two people have two different screens, and as to where exactly traits are on display?

Absolutely no idea how the nationality screen is appearing for @CaptainPlanet but traits are on display in the development screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, and in order to see the traits you need to sign the player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2019 at 09:09, Prej said:

Yeah, and in order to see the traits you need to sign the player.

This is just crazy. Can they not be put in somewhere @Alex Pitt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're investigating what we can do at the moment but unfortunately some compromises have to be made at times considering the resolutions targeted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...