Football Manager 2020 Touch Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I notice since the update they've changed the colours of the attribute boxes (not for the better) and taken away the option to change them. Not a positive start to this update. 

The option to change them didn't really work. Must have been some unintentional carry over from the full game's skin.

Do not like the lime green and bright green and it's not like we see a bucketload of skins for FMT these days either.

1 minute ago, rafaelbenitez said:

The option to change them didn't really work. Must have been some unintentional carry over from the full game's skin.

Do not like the lime green and bright green and it's not like we see a bucketload of skins for FMT these days either.

I'm sure one of the devs said that was an intentional addition to Classic mode this year. Hopefully they bring it back, can't be too difficult to implement surely?

Not switched to the public beta but I have noticed the links between players that show up on the tactics screen. I haven't seen any new links formed, just pre-existing ones which were introduced in full FM this year, e.g., van Dijk and Matip. Not sure if this is intentional although even in previous versions, you'd get the "feels he has a good partnership with Player X" in the player profile screen without seeing any visual link on the tactics screen.

Edited by rafaelbenitez

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I wish they would just do a dark skin, similar to the colour scheme on the main game. 

Yes, it would be nice to have that option. The dark skin on this year's version is very nice. I actually liked both default skins they provided for FMT last year. You could at least rotate them and the attribute boxes were fairly easy on the eye. This combination of purple with lime green and bright green is not pleasant at all.

1 hour ago, rafaelbenitez said:

New patch is out and well done SI, the player profile screens look much better now imo:

20191113230258-1.jpg

It is better, but I would still prefer the option to change the colour of the numbers, and perhaps more importantly, the attribute range. Good and bad attributes vary wildly depending on where you are managing. 

I'm not a fan of the default skins, as soon as I get my hands on the FMT base skins I'll be attempting to mod them ASAP, I've never been keen on the new font, I much prefer a nice geo sans serif font! Perhaps a mod can confirm that on the 19th I'll be able to install the resource archiver? 

3 hours ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

I'm not a fan of the default skins, as soon as I get my hands on the FMT base skins I'll be attempting to mod them ASAP, I've never been keen on the new font, I much prefer a nice geo sans serif font! Perhaps a mod can confirm that on the 19th I'll be able to install the resource archiver? 

I really hope you manage this for this year's game. 

I couldn't resist so I boarded the BETA train this afternoon. I love that the general interface is much smoother and snappier than last year, although I'm having some performance issues with the match engine. That wasn't a problem last year and if I had to choose between them I'd rather have a bit laggy interface and smooth matches! :lol: Hoping it will be fixed eventually though, there's a rather large thread about this over at the bug forum.

Other than that ... early days, but it feels much the same as last year with some neat improvements here and there. I like it.

What I don't like is that skin! I really hope someone from the community will whip up a custom skin for FMT post release. That purple and white is, sorry for saying this, ugly.

On 13/11/2019 at 23:36, KennedyBakircioglu said:

Do you know if it's possible to bring back the club value in a FMT skin?

21 hours ago, Footix said:

I couldn't resist so I boarded the BETA train this afternoon. I love that the general interface is much smoother and snappier than last year, although I'm having some performance issues with the match engine. That wasn't a problem last year and if I had to choose between them I'd rather have a bit laggy interface and smooth matches! :lol: Hoping it will be fixed eventually though, there's a rather large thread about this over at the bug forum.

Other than that ... early days, but it feels much the same as last year with some neat improvements here and there. I like it.

What I don't like is that skin! I really hope someone from the community will whip up a custom skin for FMT post release. That purple and white is, sorry for saying this, ugly.

As soon as I can get my hands on the FMT Base Skin I'll be doing my best to create an alternative to the default one, so far I'm getting nowhere though!

56 minutes ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

As soon as I can get my hands on the FMT Base Skin I'll be doing my best to create an alternative to the default one, so far I'm getting nowhere though!

That's great news! I believe I have used one of your skins previously, excellent work. 

Thanks for taking the time to create a skin, and sharing it with the rest of us. 👍

1 hour ago, Muggert said:

2TOMSLu.jpg

THIS..... IS... AWESOME...

I haven't seen a youth intake of over 4-5 the last couple of years.. First youth intake in 20 and a whopping 12 players!

Whoa, and a damn good one. 

Is this related with the "golden generation" unlockable? 

One recommendation that I have based on playing FMT is that the media sources who send interview questions could be more geographically consistent with who you are managing. For instance, as Man Utd I keep getting Voetbalzone, which I presume is Dutch (I only have one Dutch player Chong - so I don't think it's because of that), and this doesn't seem to be the most obvious choice to be asking the questions.

In terms of immersion it would be better if it could be mainly the UK national newspapers, BBC sport and Skysports when managing in England. Naturally, were I managing in Holland then Voetbalzone would be more suited.

On 13/11/2019 at 23:49, rednwhitejay said:

Steam have done an autumatic update and now i cant my game. wont allow me to click coninue on this screen

Screenshot (4).png

On 13/11/2019 at 23:49, rednwhitejay said:

i have the same problem after this update front Steam. How can I pass by this screen?

3 hours ago, craiigman said:

Why can you still not see traits from this screen?

I imagine it's something they're still working on. The player nationality screen is missing too, so you can't see whether the player has any dual nationality, no. of international goals scored etc.

10 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

I imagine it's something they're still working on. The player nationality screen is missing too, so you can't see whether the player has any dual nationality, no. of international goals scored etc.

Click on information and the nationality info is in there

3 hours ago, craiigman said:

Why can you still not see traits from this screen?

Click on development at the top and you can see their traits

4 hours ago, CaptainPlanet said:

Click on information and the nationality info is in there

Click on development at the top and you can see their traits

But it should be on that first screen, it's important information. It's why I don't play Touch. FM19 made traits very import, and yet on Touch you cant just quickly view them with the attributes.

• SI Staff

We intentionally removed the traits from that screen to make room for the Playing Time info because they are duplicated elsewhere (on the Development Training panel). Whilst there would have been room for both on most PC resolutions, bear in mind FMT also has to fit onto the 1280x720 Switch screen, so we're more limited than FM in terms of what we can put on each screen.

If you have feedback on where you'd prefer the Playing Time info to be we'd be interested to hear it and would definitely take it on board.

Would just like to say that up until the match engine changed I was really enjoying FM Touch 2020, am playing on PC and it gives me exactly the level of FM detail that I want, the screenflows all mostly make sense and flow smoothly, UI works once I got used to where things were and the slight nuances of change (coming from a few thousand hours of FM2016).

One thing I can't get to work that I've always liked is split screen for match days, having the pitch on one side and my player ratings on the other.  

And I'd much much prefer a black/dark interface skin option.

Other than that I've played through 5 seasons and haven't found a single major issue. So great job on the test and build cycle this year lads.

• Administrators

We're investigating what we can do at the moment but unfortunately some compromises have to be made at times considering the resolutions targeted.