Football Manager 2020 Touch Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

Hi Lucas, thanks for replying again

I'm not trying to argue with you mate, but that's not what I'm seeing in game. I've loaded up a new save with Dulwich Hamlet. Playing FMT20, no mods or anything installed. I click on Player Search and filter by Listed for Loan and for players who are Interested in being loaned. I must have a couple of hundred players interested, but every single one of them requires a 100% wage contribution. I've tried offering the club a lower amount on dozens of examples, but it is rejected every time.

If you compare that to previous editions, there will always be dozens if not hundreds of players available for loan with no contribution

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/11/2019 at 19:56, Alex Pitt said:

The Pre-Release Beta is only available on Steam. To get it on your iPad you will have to wait for the full release of the game on the App Store. Do not buy the game from the website if you only want it on your iPad - the only way to get the game on iPad is from the App Store once the game is released.

Hi, if I download the early access FM20Touch version for my mac now, will I be able to continue the same save game on my iPad pro once the FM20Touch version for IOS is released?

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, charliebigpot said:

Hi, if I download the early access FM20Touch version for my mac now, will I be able to continue the same save game on my iPad pro once the FM20Touch version for IOS is released?

Saves started on the Pre-Release Beta are very unlikely to be Cross-Sync compatible.

On 02/11/2019 at 22:25, Lashley said:

Changing skin colours literally doesn't work for me. It just ignores every colour I set.

Thanks for letting us know - the new Preferences screen is pulling a lot of options from FM at the moment, including the customisable skin colourings. We'll look into making this fully available on the FMT skin as well but can't promise anything.

On 01/11/2019 at 18:22, Lashley said:

Why won't it let me manage Inter Miami? I can't even start in 2020 to do it :(

We prevent this in FMT in case newer users are confused as to why they don't have any matches for a season, but it's something we can raise for reconsideration and discussion again. The easiest way to manage them currently would be to start unemployed in MLS, holiday to the second season and then retire your manager and create a new one and take over Inter Miami then. Or just wait until they have a vacancy and apply in the normal way. Apologies for the inconvenience.

On 31/10/2019 at 19:04, rafaelbenitez said:

Although I've not really progressed past a couple of days, massive kudos to SI for bringing in the 3 main new additions for the full fat game into FMT this year. This will really spice up long term saves and have me playing this version a lot more than I did last year :thup:

Does the addition of the Development Centre also mean that there are more players in the Youth Intake in FMT20? That was always a slight blocker for me from going from full-fat to FMT in the past.

51 minutes ago, collindinho said:

Does the addition of the Development Centre also mean that there are more players in the Youth Intake in FMT20? That was always a slight blocker for me from going from full-fat to FMT in the past.

Haven't got to that stage yet but I don't think there will be. You still have just the senior team and reserve team/youth team set up instead of reserves, under 20s, under 18s like in full fat.

32 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Haven't got to that stage yet but I don't think there will be. You still have just the senior team and reserve team/youth team set up instead of reserves, under 20s, under 18s like in full fat.

If you (or anyone) reaches that stage, please let us know! I would holiday to check myself, but I'm only looking to buy the Switch version this year.

11 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

Saves started on the Pre-Release Beta are very unlikely to be Cross-Sync compatible.

Thanks for letting us know - the new Preferences screen is pulling a lot of options from FM at the moment, including the customisable skin colourings. We'll look into making this fully available on the FMT skin as well but can't promise anything.

We prevent this in FMT in case newer users are confused as to why they don't have any matches for a season, but it's something we can raise for reconsideration and discussion again. The easiest way to manage them currently would be to start unemployed in MLS, holiday to the second season and then retire your manager and create a new one and take over Inter Miami then. Or just wait until they have a vacancy and apply in the normal way. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Appreciate the response

• SI Staff
On 31/10/2019 at 21:16, 17Gonzo said:

There might be a slight balancing issue with the frequency of headed attacking chances in the ME. Most of my chances seem to come from crosses. Certainly in my first league match my team scored 3 goals, all from headed chances. Could be a one off, so will look further at this.

Thanks for the feedback - please direct any Match Engine issues or feedback to the relevant FM Match Engine forums as FMT and FM share the same ME.

On 02/11/2019 at 12:45, chucklehead said:

I'm not trying to argue with you mate, but that's not what I'm seeing in game. I've loaded up a new save with Dulwich Hamlet. Playing FMT20, no mods or anything installed. I click on Player Search and filter by Listed for Loan and for players who are Interested in being loaned. I must have a couple of hundred players interested, but every single one of them requires a 100% wage contribution. I've tried offering the club a lower amount on dozens of examples, but it is rejected every time.

If you compare that to previous editions, there will always be dozens if not hundreds of players available for loan with no contribution

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into whether this is happening too often.

• SI Staff
On 31/10/2019 at 18:53, Malicious Penguin said:

No scope for expanding leagues/countries again :(

Can you elaborate on this please? Do you mean you can't add or remove new leagues once you've started a game?

On 31/10/2019 at 18:28, TheSpider said:

I downloaded the beta noticed the gameplay was kind of choppy so I turned off Retina Display like I did with FM19 and now I can't click on any of the menus. I've tried restarting the game and laptop and nothing happens. I'm playing on a 2015 MacBook Pro with the new OS 

Thanks, this is something we're aware of and working on - keep an eye on the Technical Issues subforum for any updates.

On 01/11/2019 at 09:27, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Any reason why "selection advice" was not implemented in FM Touch? seems like a feature that very much matches the FMT scene...
Also very handy with the new "Playing Time" to get some advice on when you might want to start a certain player. (like in a cup match a cup goalkeeper)

It wasn't something we could add to FMT this year (most of the advice it gives isn't generated in FMT) but it's one we're looking into for the future.

On 01/11/2019 at 09:49, DavyDepuydt1 said:

same as with the email to make players available for reserves before every reserve match. just like above a QOL thingie that really matches the FMT philosophy but is lacking here

We'll look into why this inbox item isn't getting sent currently.

On 01/11/2019 at 17:22, rafaelbenitez said:

1. It would be cool to have the club culture section at the bottom of the team selection screen when starting a new game. This really helps in the full game as a preview so you don't take a job that has a philosophy that doesn't interest you.

Good point, we'll look into whether we can add this (but can't make any promises).

On 01/11/2019 at 17:22, rafaelbenitez said:

2. Club culture objectives in FMT are a little limited when compared to the full game. For example as Porto, in the full game you have to "sign players from domestic rivals", play "attacking football" and develop players using the club's youth system. However, in FMT it's just limited to playing attacking football.

3. In the full game when I've offered a contract to a player, you're required to set their playing pathway for the duration of their contract before proceeding to the actual negotiations. However, this doesn't seem to be possible in FMT. You only seem to be able to adjust the playing time just the once. So, for example, for a 3 year contract that I offer to a youngster, I can set future prospect -> breakthrough prospect -> squad player in the full game. However, if I were to offer a contract to a player in FMT, I'd only be able to set him as a future prospect and that will remain for the entire 3 years unless I manually change it. Not sure if this is meant to be by design.

Both of these are by design, to keep the FMT experience more streamlined.

On 01/11/2019 at 19:31, BJT said:

Got one question on FMT...I always moved matches on TV to be played on Sat / Wed. I can't seem to find this option any more. Has this been removed from this year's FM?

Thanks, we'll look into why this isn't in the new Preferences.

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, Gerara said:

Any news for the compatible tablets?

All I can say at this point is soon!

11 hours ago, collindinho said:

This depends a little bit on the leagues you have loaded, the team you're managing and your DB size. There's now a minimum intake size (at least 4 per intake) which means you probably won't see too much difference for big nation/database setups, but you may see a difference in smaller nation/database setups which might have had smaller intakes previously. We would be interested in feedback on the size of intakes you're getting, and definitely let us know if you ever have fewer than 4 newgens in an intake as that'll be a bug!

9 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

Good point, we'll look into whether we can add this (but can't make any promises).

Both of these are by design, to keep the FMT experience more streamlined.

Thanks for the response Alex. It would be cool if those additional club culture objectives could be incorporated into FMT as that would add to the challenge!

Also, I'm unable to see the international goals scored by a player. This is not available in the player profile screen nor the information screen. Player profile screen merely shows the number of caps.

14 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

This depends a little bit on the leagues you have loaded, the team you're managing and your DB size. There's now a minimum intake size (at least 4 per intake) which means you probably won't see too much difference for big nation/database setups, but you may see a difference in smaller nation/database setups which might have had smaller intakes previously. We would be interested in feedback on the size of intakes you're getting, and definitely let us know if you ever have fewer than 4 newgens in an intake as that'll be a bug!

Thanks for answer, @Alex Pitt. I'll (probably) only be on Switch this year. That version "only" comes with the 3 nations maximum, if I'm not mistaken. I'll be sure to keep the above in mind once I get started though. I can deal with 4, or more, newgens each Youth Intake.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Lashley said:

Rest of the MLS teams have their official kits, except for Inter Miami for me. Anyone else?

Nearly certain they're there in FM normal

I know you do usually but please remember others to report issues in the bugs forum so we can take a look. 

Hard to see here, but why won't the game use more of my GPU and CPU? It's on an SSD too, I have a 144hz monitor, so I'd like more frames lol

Or is the game capped to 60 fps?

V7usC3s.png

48 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know you do usually but please remember others to report issues in the bugs forum so we can take a look. 

Will do

Edited by Lashley

Hi,

I would like to know if there is an improvement of the youth intake? In the past I wasn't able to get a proper youth intake in every version of FMT. Even when I play with more then 3 leagues. 

4 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Here you go mate:

Board-Confidence.jpg
Club-Vision.jpg
Development-Centre.jpg
Player-Profile.jpg
Tactics.jpg
Team-Report.jpg
Transfer-History.jpg
Youth-Candidates.jpg

Thank you very much. All the big new features are there. And it looks almost identical to the full FM.

Constructive Feedback to SI:

It would be really great to get at least some screenshots of FMT for those interested and not wait until the tablet/switch versions come out to market it. There is a lot of people who play FMT on the PC and without going into the Beta would have no idea how it looks or will work in FMT. Saying that probably most features will carry over does not really help because (a) we don't know which, and (b) we don't know how. We have this forum here and in the announcement thread you could post some pics or a short video or something. That would be great and go a long way to help those that this is marketed for: who don't really have much time or want a less complicated experience. <--- this right here means, those people won't necessarily go to various social media or have time to try it out. Some screenshots or idea of the game would go a long way, I think, also to show that they aren't forgotten (which I am sure you haven't but it appears to be so).

3 hours ago, tyro said:

Thank you very much. All the big new features are there. And it looks almost identical to the full FM.

Constructive Feedback to SI:

It would be really great to get at least some screenshots of FMT for those interested and not wait until the tablet/switch versions come out to market it. There is a lot of people who play FMT on the PC and without going into the Beta would have no idea how it looks or will work in FMT. Saying that probably most features will carry over does not really help because (a) we don't know which, and (b) we don't know how. We have this forum here and in the announcement thread you could post some pics or a short video or something. That would be great and go a long way to help those that this is marketed for: who don't really have much time or want a less complicated experience. <--- this right here means, those people won't necessarily go to various social media or have time to try it out. Some screenshots or idea of the game would go a long way, I think, also to show that they aren't forgotten (which I am sure you haven't but it appears to be so).

I second this, a simple overview comparing features between "regular" and "touch" would be so helpful and should really not be too complicated to put together. 

Edited by charliebigpot

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 18:51, Alex Pitt said:
On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:45, chucklehead said:

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into whether this is happening too often.

Hi Alex Pitt. I've downloaded the latest update a few minutes ago and can confirm that this is still happening. In my bug report that I submitted a few days back I expanded on this a bit further: I've loaded up new games with a number of clubs in different leagues in England. For every club, every single player that is available for loan requires the 100% wage contribution, so it isn't anything specific to using Dulwich Hamlet. If I can help provide any more information, I'm happy to do so. Thanks for your time mate

‘Create a club mode’ FMT 2020 ...

Hi there (apologies originally not attached to the right thread),

A couple of observations that I have noticed and was also a problem on FMT 19, with the ‘create a club’ mode.

1) When you select a club and set up and affiliation, select the option saying same kits, it does not kick in ‘in-game.’

2) Same as above, when you mention ‘share the same board.’ Still shows the old Chairman of the old club you have replaced. That is even with the keep old staff unticked.

3) There is still an issue with using a created logo/badge on ‘create a club.’ It does not port across with a transparent background, it comes in a box, usually with a white border. That is even happening when I created the badge using Gimp and gave it the proper size and transparency setting.

4) The small badge (as seen in the league table) does not size correctly and looks weird. 

It would be good if you could alter the team border colours for the screens, without having to create a new kit to do so. I used a created 3D kit, which worked in-game but it kept the base colours the same of the club I had replaced. If I had started to alter the club background colours, it made the 3D imported kits not useable.

These are just a few observations that I have noticed whilst playing the ‘create a club mode.’ Playing this mode, is mainly borne out of wanting to manage a USL team (New Mexico Utd) but the USL isn’t a playable database at this precise moment.

Thanks for any responses provided. 

Edited by Musestar

I saw this on another thread and wanted to get confirmation directly from SI.

If I buy full FM do you get Touch for free for FM20?

I haven't bought FM recently because I primarily play touch, but I really want an editor to be able to add leagues, but if I get it free with Full FM then it is something for me to consider.

Cheers!

18 minutes ago, iamnobody said:

I saw this on another thread and wanted to get confirmation directly from SI.

If I buy full FM do you get Touch for free for FM20?

I haven't bought FM recently because I primarily play touch, but I really want an editor to be able to add leagues, but if I get it free with Full FM then it is something for me to consider.

Cheers!

If on PC/Mac, yes. 

29 minutes ago, Musestar said:

‘Create a club mode’ FMT 2020 ...

Hi there (apologies originally not attached to the right thread),

A couple of observations that I have noticed and was also a problem on FMT 19, with the ‘create a club’ mode.

1) When you select a club and set up and affiliation, select the option saying same kits, it does not kick in ‘in-game.’

2) Same as above, when you mention ‘share the same board.’ Still shows the old Chairman of the old club you have replaced. That is even with the keep old staff unticked.

3) There is still an issue with using a created logo/badge on ‘create a club.’ It does not port across with a transparent background, it comes in a box, usually with a white border. That is even happening when I created the badge using Gimp and gave it the proper size and transparency setting.

4) The small badge (as seen in the league table) does not size correctly and looks weird. 

It would be good if you could alter the team border colours for the screens, without having to create a new kit to do so. I used a created 3D kit, which worked in-game but it kept the base colours the same of the club I had replaced. If I had started to alter the club background colours, it made the 3D imported kits not useable.

These are just a few observations that I have noticed whilst playing the ‘create a club mode.’ Playing this mode, is mainly borne out of wanting to manage a USL team (New Mexico Utd) but the USL isn’t a playable database at this precise moment.

Thanks for any responses provided. 

Second this. Have reported the badge bug and the bug where it makes you play the reserve games if you don't keep background staff.

• SI Staff
On 05/11/2019 at 05:06, rafaelbenitez said:

Thanks for the response Alex. It would be cool if those additional club culture objectives could be incorporated into FMT as that would add to the challenge!

On 05/11/2019 at 11:42, Colorado said:

Yeah, I think having the full array of club objectives is better than having it streamlined. It adds more depth to the game without it being more time consuming, which I believe is what FMT possibly needs more of. 

The thinking was to not overly restrict an FMT user in terms of how they go about managing their club, and to not give a manager too many things they have to keep thinking about and checking back on which could distract from the core gameplay elements, but it's something we're very open to having feedback from our players on and discussing for the future so we appreciate it.

On 05/11/2019 at 05:06, rafaelbenitez said:

Also, I'm unable to see the international goals scored by a player. This is not available in the player profile screen nor the information screen. Player profile screen merely shows the number of caps.

Please post in the PRB bugs forum if you haven't already: https://community.sigames.com/forum/727-football-manager-2020-touch-issues/

On 06/11/2019 at 06:20, sgevolker said:

I would like to know if there is an improvement of the youth intake? In the past I wasn't able to get a proper youth intake in every version of FMT. Even when I play with more then 3 leagues. 

There have been some nice improvements to intakes this year I hope you'll enjoy - there's now a minimum intake size of 4, you get a preview of the intake's strengths and weaknesses in advance, and they now come in as triallists and are shown in the Youth Candidates section of the Development Centre, so it saves you having to manually release the candidates you don't want (don't forget to sign the good ones though!).

2 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

There have been some nice improvements to intakes this year I hope you'll enjoy - there's now a minimum intake size of 4, you get a preview of the intake's strengths and weaknesses in advance, and they now come in as triallists and are shown in the Youth Candidates section of the Development Centre, so it saves you having to manually release the candidates you don't want (don't forget to sign the good ones though!).

I love the mid-season youth intake preview - a simple but very effective addition :)

Just a question for anyone who’s managed a team in the Dutch leagues.

Have they implemented the two automatic relegation/promotion places in the Eredivisie & Keukon Kampioen Divisie?

Cheers

59 minutes ago, Joedw said:

Just a question for anyone who’s managed a team in the Dutch leagues.

Have they implemented the two automatic relegation/promotion places in the Eredivisie & Keukon Kampioen Divisie?

Cheers

Yes.

15 hours ago, zila90 said:

I'm playing in Germany 3. Liga and game forces me to manage and play reserve team matches although I have all staff available and set that they manage the friendlies. I think this same issue we had also in FMT19.

Log it in the bug forum and the SI team will investigate

7 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Big match engine update ahead of the official release. Has certainly resolved a couple of standout issues from the original Beta release, not least the overuse of switches of play from flank to flank.

Was this through the public beta?

Not got anything on steam.

• Administrators
Just now, RTHerringbone said:

I really should have read the Brexit work permit page when it came up. Have managed to spend £60m on Timo Werner and I have to wait 120 days to appeal for a permit after the initial submission failed :rolleyes:

Do you have a save game before you signed him?

What are the rules BTW? :D

Looks like he isn't being picked for Germany so I assume that's a big no-no. He's vastly superior to my other attacking options but if there are criteria relating to being a current international in X of the last Y matches, I'm screwed!

EDIT. Found the news item in my inbox. It's odd actually. He's earning above the salary stipulated in there, and nothing explicitly refers to international appearances. Hmm.