Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

ACWsCvz.jpg

The first thing that glared at me is the picture above. How could anyone validate this color choice ? The polygod with white lines looks .... very poor.

1. The skin needs a bigger polygon.

2. The color choice of the entire polygon is poor. Look at polygons from yester years (17,18).

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 7 Minuten schrieb GOODNAME:

I dont get it

Im offering a loan move to a player , the club accepted the offer and then i have a negotiation with the player for a regular move and not a loan move? 

This is something for the bug forums. 

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, RiverReveal666 said:

One question: If I have a Dof and a techincal director, which one should be responsible of renewing staff contracts?

Either can do it, but by default the TD

27 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

ACWsCvz.jpg

The first thing that glared at me is the picture above. How could anyone validate this color choice ? The polygod with white lines looks .... very poor.

1. The skin needs a bigger polygon.

2. The color choice of the entire polygon is poor. Look at polygons from yester years (17,18).

Oh wow couldn't agree more, a lot of the new stuff I love, but who thought "white on yellow? Now THEREs a combination I can get behind"

And I dont seem to be able to change it

People already finishing seasons, and I'm still on the first days of the season exploring every single detail!

Loving it so far, and will try to report any bugs or log any suggestions I might find.

6 minutes ago, 99 said:

People already finishing seasons, and I'm still on the first days of the season exploring every single detail!

Loving it so far, and will try to report any bugs or log any suggestions I might find.

Who the heck's finishing a season already? The games only been out 8 hours!! 

Gerade eben schrieb Johnny Ace:

The question is always "how". Clicking on continue is different to manage. 

10 minutos atrás, Johnny Ace disse:

Seen some pages ago already a title celebration.

I just played a friendly match and I had about 20 highlights where my fullback has the ball in a crossing position but refuses to cross the ball and instead passes  to the edge of the box?

Ive got them on “cross more often” too I literally did not see cross from a full back all game...

will upload pkms 

Looking good despite multiple crashes apparently related to graphic drivers. Managed to play only a couple of pre-season games and the ME looked promising. Club culture and plans might give a bit more character to saves. Love the new PPM's/traits. Regen faces look better, though some of the lego-hair I've seen aren't very encouraging. One thing that needs to come back is the ability to see how many staff you can have for each role in the boardroom screen. It's pretty vital to me.

3 hours ago, Justified said:

You obviously didn't read all 6 pages then...

I think I saw one complaint of injuries and one about long shots. I didn't see the missed pens or the negative feedback on crossing?

All in all I actually think it's been a positive start to the feedback thread.

I've played since it was released today and I really enjoy it :thup:

no i meant they are on the way, i have read the 6 pages and its been mainly good but we all know they soon come out the woodwork and criticise

Would be nice if there was a wider scale for telling players to press. If I have Close Down Much More selected, I can't tell a CM on defend to close down less. If I change it to Close Down More, I can't tell my ST, AML/C/R and other CM to close down even more...

Additionally, there are no tactical options to change how throw-ins are defended against in the opposition half, which means AI players will always be unmarked to get a throw-in. The preprogrammed marking leaves a lot to be desired and generally disappointing.
image.thumb.png.b580cc32dbb087965c5fcee36d9c290b.png

Edited by autohoratio

• SI Staff
17 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Looking good despite multiple crashes apparently related to graphic drivers. Managed to play only a couple of pre-season games and the ME looked promising. Club culture and plans might give a bit more character to saves. Love the new PPM's/traits. Regen faces look better, though some of the lego-hair I've seen aren't very encouraging. One thing that needs to come back is the ability to see how many staff you can have for each role in the boardroom screen. It's pretty vital to me.

This is now found on your Staff page, a more logical home :)

3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is now found on your Staff page, a more logical home :)

Can't seem to find that particular tab though? On staff page that info doesn't seem to be particularly immediate or user friendly, or maybe I haven't found it yet. Another thing apparently missing is that similar info during contract talks with staff members, that informed you how many spots available you had for that role (e.g. 1/3 meant two spots available). Posted in bugs forum, just in case :D

22 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Would be nice if there was a wider scale for telling players to press. If I have Close Down Much More selected, I can't tell a CM on defend to close down less. If I change it to Close Down More, I can't tell my ST, AML/C/R and other CM to close down even more...

You have to use the line of engagement to influence, this. Press more, and use a higher line if you want to close them down. If you want to exert even more pressure, use the Prevent Short GK distribution, finally you can use Opposition Instructions on their backline, so the moment a specific opposition player comes within range of a player they get closed down. You can also use a combination of OIs and pressing intensity to create triggers in combination with your line of engagement. You need to experiment with various ways of doing this in the game.

Just now, Rashidi said:

You have to use the line of engagement to influence, this. Press more, and use a higher line if you want to close them down. If you want to exert even more pressure, use the Prevent Short GK distribution, finally you can use Opposition Instructions on their backline, so the moment a specific opposition player comes within range of a player they get closed down. You can also use a combination of OIs and pressing intensity to create triggers in combination with your line of engagement. You need to experiment with various ways of doing this in the game.

I'm doing all of this already.

4 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

I'm doing all of this already.

There could be other factors, i just did a twitch stream where I camped for 90 minutes in the opposition half, they never came out and i think we won 4-0 or was it 6-0. They didn't have a single shot on goal and we did like 70% possession. .  Towards the end I switched to ultra defensive mentality to show my viewers the importance of recognising what my roles were doing. Who knows I could have been lucky and maybe the next game it all falls apart. Its a beta after all, and mine could have been a false dawn. Did win the next two games with a 415 and a 4312.

18 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

There could be other factors, i just did a twitch stream where I camped for 90 minutes in the opposition half, they never came out and i think we won 4-0 or was it 6-0. They didn't have a single shot on goal and we did like 70% possession. .  Towards the end I switched to ultra defensive mentality to show my viewers the importance of recognising what my roles were doing. Who knows I could have been lucky and maybe the next game it all falls apart. Its a beta after all, and mine could have been a false dawn. Did win the next two games with a 415 and a 4312.

Damn I missed you! Was looking for your stream on twitch when I heard it was out. 

In regards beta feedback, engine/animations seem MUCH improved and I’m sooo happy about this but for me 2d view is veryyy stuttery. In past games 2d has been the smoothest by far but it is really unusable for me right now

Cant make my mind up about this game yet, one minute it seems like the most polished Beta in years then the next it just throws your random FM cheese at you, literally just played the same team back to back inside 3 days (league and cup competition) and during these two games I had a total of  74 shots between both games and 44 on target while the opposition (AI) had a total of 16 shots and 6 on target between both games.  I had a total of 6 clear cut chances and the opposition had 1 over both games. First game I win 8-3 HOWEVER 3 of my goals in this game came from penalties which we should be scoring, so you take those 3 shots/goals away then that would be 71 shots over the 2 games with 5 goals in the first game and in the second game, I scored 2.  Yet, the AI is scoring 5 in 2 games with way less attempts and there not even clear cut chances. They're just being clinical as MOFO.

7 goals in 71 attempts? Work ball in to box is on and we're getting plenty of key highlights. 41 on these are being on target which isn't great but is above 50% and we had 6 clear cut chances.

YET, the AI (same team) in only two games manage to score 5 goals despite only having 16 shots and only 6 on target, with only ONE clear cut chance.

I get tactics comes in to play with this, but considering the lack of CCC for the opposition, it just seems like the AIs conversation rate is far far higher. Almost every highlight seems to be a goal but then again, we've had that issue in almost every FM.

So aye, I don't know whether or not it's the game, my formation or a combination of both, but it's bloody frustrating.

This is ONE example of many games that have went very similar to this, so I'm going to try a different formation and see if there is any difference to establish if it is the formation or indeed the game,

P.S yet, when we play in europe against the larger sides, when we are being dominated, we manage to keep a clean sheet despite all there dominance/attempts. Generally seems that the less amount of shots you have, the more goals you'll score -_-

Edited by Quadrophenia88

• SI Staff
25 minutes ago, Quadrophenia88 said:
Spoiler

Cant make my mind up about this game yet, one minute it seems like the most polished Beta in years then the next it just throws your random FM cheese at you, literally just played the same team back to back inside 3 days (league and cup competition) and during these two games I had a total of  74 shots between both games and 44 on target while the opposition (AI) had a total of 16 shots and 6 on target between both games.  I had a total of 6 clear cut chances and the opposition had 1 over both games. First game I win 8-3 HOWEVER 3 of my goals in this game came from penalties which we should be scoring, so you take those 3 shots/goals away then that would be 71 shots over the 2 games with 5 goals in the first game and in the second game, I scored 2.  Yet, the AI is scoring 5 in 2 games with way less attempts and there not even clear cut chances. They're just being clinical as MOFO.

7 goals in 71 attempts? Work ball in to box is on and we're getting plenty of key highlights. 41 on these are being on target which isn't great but is above 50% and we had 6 clear cut chances.

YET, the AI (same team) in only two games manage to score 5 goals despite only having 16 shots and only 6 on target, with only ONE clear cut chance.

I get tactics comes in to play with this, but considering the lack of CCC for the opposition, it just seems like the AIs conversation rate is far far higher. Almost every highlight seems to be a goal but then again, we've had that issue in almost every FM.

So aye, I don't know whether or not it's the game, my formation or a combination of both, but it's bloody frustrating.

This is ONE example of many games that have went very similar to this, so I'm going to try a different formation and see if there is any difference to establish if it is the formation or indeed the game,

P.S yet, when we play in europe against the larger sides, when we are being dominated, we manage to keep a clean sheet despite all there dominance/attempts. Generally seems that the less amount of shots you have, the more goals you'll score -_-

The match engine cannot differentiate between AI and human. Try copying the AI's tactics!

If you think you have found an issue however, please do head over here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/710-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

For tactical discussion/advice, look here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

6 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

The match engine cannot differentiate between AI and human. Try copying the AI's tactics!

Fair does, so it's obviously my tactics.

One thing? Despite having work ball in to box, my side seem to take a hell of a lot of shots out of the box, tbf a lot of them do go in LOL! However I'm wondering if this could explain the high amount of shots in stats.

If so, whats the best way to counter my side doing this? As I was under the impression, work ball in to the box should stop it to a degree.

Really like this years version! One problem though:

Why does the game generate a bunch of world class unemployed HOYD's which are all willing to join my mediocre Norwegian team, when I also have unchecked "use fake players and staff" and checked "do not add key staff"?

edit: added a thread here: https://community.sigames.com/topic/496109-generated-hoyd-staff-issues/

Edited by sureup

2 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

Something that has been bothering me in the last few versions, is that those long balls that are played across the field all the way to the other flank, are way too accurate, and fullbacks are caught out of position always, which leads to majority of the chances created. 

I agree with this and it was an issue in FM19 as well. The full backs ping the ball to each other across the field as if they’re just yards away. 

1 hour ago, Quadrophenia88 said:

Fair does, so it's obviously my tactics.

One thing? Despite having work ball in to box, my side seem to take a hell of a lot of shots out of the box, tbf a lot of them do go in LOL! However I'm wondering if this could explain the high amount of shots in stats.

If so, whats the best way to counter my side doing this? As I was under the impression, work ball in to the box should stop it to a degree.

It should as you're asking your players to reduce long shots and crosses. They will still shoot if they run out of other options. If you need more advice, it's a good idea to ask in the tactics forum. Plenty of people there who are willing and able to advise.

7 hours ago, saihtam said:

20191031233456_1.thumb.jpg.50dab771b3ec3f8fc2e8575ade4fcf7d.jpg20191031233451_1.thumb.jpg.346cd54febcb092ae15a64786804c10b.jpg

Can someone please tell me what stops staff loaning out my players. I have the right of finalizing all deals. But still just saw my player loaned out from u23.

Can someone please let me know :)

1 hour ago, sureup said:

Really like this years version! One problem though:

Why does the game generate a bunch of world class unemployed HOYD's which are all willing to join my mediocre Norwegian team, when I also have unchecked "use fake players and staff" and checked "do not add key staff"?

edit: added a thread here: https://community.sigames.com/topic/496109-generated-hoyd-staff-issues/

just checked this out and you're right it's wild how many of them there are! :lol:

4 hours ago, Vicz said:

I just played a friendly match and I had about 20 highlights where my fullback has the ball in a crossing position but refuses to cross the ball and instead passes  to the edge of the box?

Ive got them on “cross more often” too I literally did not see cross from a full back all game...

will upload pkms 

Sounds like you've accidentally purchased the Arsenal Edition :seagull:

26 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Look under Transfers and Contracts ---> Offer to Clubs

Check who's responsible for outgoing development loans.

But you can see from screenshot that i have the final say in finalizing contracts for all squads.

Inked20191101074756_1_LI.thumb.jpg.9a6a0481f7714869f527e0469962f611.jpg

Already seeing some nice through balls. The run was very smooth and no flickering with players like it use to do. Ofcourse Wilson did not score it 1 on 1.
But later had quick counter where cb passed over everyone to Wilson run and he just nudged it over GK. Never seen it so smooth.  I recorded it in the highlight, but dont know where does it save it :(