Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerade eben schrieb luka_:

It takes forever to enter the match for me. FM19 was working perfectly. This is unplayable for me as is.

Please start a thread in the bugs forum and describe what happens.

Just now, KUBI said:

Please start a thread in the bugs forum and describe what happens.

It just the message "the teams are warming up" takes too long. About a minute almost. FM19 was normal for me. I have i5 2.8ghz with 4gb or ram and geforce gtx950 . 

vor 1 Minute schrieb luka_:

It just the message "the teams are warming up" takes too long. About a minute almost. FM19 was normal for me. I have i5 2.8ghz with 4gb or ram and geforce gtx950 . 

Please post it in the bugs forum.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/696-football-manager-2020-pre-release-beta-bug-forum/

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

Will any bugs found in the beta that are rectified on the full release be save game compatible? Just wondering if worth starting a long term save now or on the full release

7 minutes ago, Jibby123 said:

I 'think' I dragged and dropped it to the sidebar.

I say 'think' because I was doing lots of things, but the U19 button is definitely in my left hand menu (like previous versions) between "Dev Centre" and "Report Bugs" buttons and it wasn't when I first loaded it up. 

Hmm.. Not sure how you did that. I tried dropping and dragging but that didn't work.

5 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Will any bugs found in the beta that are rectified on the full release be save game compatible? Just wondering if worth starting a long term save now or on the full release

From previous years it seems to depend entirely on the bugs, so I doubt they can say either way right now.

Competition scheduling bugs, as an example, would need a new save, but player behaviour ones wouldnt necessarily. Best advice would be to wait.

Gerade eben schrieb jackamoo12:

I preordered through steam and it has not came up with the beta and no code has come through to my email

You don't need a code when you pre-order it on steam. Just close and restart steam and the beta should be available.

image.thumb.png.8f61da85839468f866cefa1e8e5658e5.png

16 minutes ago, Justified said:

Hmm.. Not sure how you did that. I tried dropping and dragging but that didn't work.

No, I'm not sure either, but you can definitely see it there and it's working.

Annoyingly I can't do it for my 'B' Team it seems. Genuinely no idea how I did it. 

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Three players got injured in one training right now..

Injuries have not changed from FM20.

Injuries are less than 80% of real life numbers.

Three players injured in training is either unlucky, an issue with your training or down to injury prone players. Potentially all three.

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

Just started up with Bayern, how do you find your U-19s & B team? They're usually selectable down the left hand side 

Right-click development centre in the sidebar, or just go through the dev centre itself. We're still figuring out how to get the old sidebar options back

• SI Staff
37 minutes ago, Justified said:

Like already mentioned, I think I miss the fact I can't "quickly" click to the U23's and the U18's. Easiest way around this I've found is to right click on the development centre but it would maybe good to also have it when you right click on the squad button or at least when you hover over it to make it easier to navigate to those squads.

The sidebar icons appear when you take control of one of those teams; either completely, matches or training.

If you are not in control, it is two clicks to whichever Under X team you desire: 'Dev Centre > Under X - Squad'. Or you can view a more context driven view via the 'Overview' page (note the view you select here saves when you navigate away from the page). Alternatively you can right-click on the Dev Centre sidebar icon and follow the tree menu.

Unfortunately there is not enough sidebar space in minimum resolution to have them present all of the time. So instead they are present depending on context, which, with the aim of the Dev Centre being to allow you to either dive deeply into the youth teams or oversee them from a distance, fits with intended/expected use.

3 minutes ago, Jibby123 said:

image.thumb.png.8f61da85839468f866cefa1e8e5658e5.png

No, I'm not sure either, but you can definitely see it there and it's working.

Annoyingly I can't do it for my 'B' Team it seems. Genuinely no idea how I did it. 

FOR GODSAKE MAN YOU'VE GOTS TO REMEMBER!!!

:D

I've no idea how you did it either, feels like I've tried everything now.

Just now, Seb Wassell said:

The sidebar icons appear when you take control of one of those teams; either completely, matches or training.

If you are not in control, it is two clicks to whichever Under X team you desire: Dev Centre > Under X - Squad. Alternatively you can right-click on the Dev Centre sidebar icon and follow the tree menu.

Unfortunately there is not enough sidebar space in minimum resolution to have them present all of the time. So instead they are present depending on context, which, with the aim of the Dev Centre being to allow you to either dive deeply into the youth teams or oversee them from a distance, fits with intended/expected use.

Individual training is enough for this, you can still keep general automated. Just tried

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

If you are not in control, it is two clicks to whichever Under X team you desire: 'Dev Centre > Under X - Squad'. Or you can view a more context driven view via the 'Overview' page (note the view you select here saves when you navigate away from the page). Alternatively you can right-click on the Dev Centre sidebar icon and follow the tree menu.

Thanks for the answer Seb :thup:

• SI Staff
Just now, Rehnzz said:

Individual training is enough for this, you can still keep general automated. Just tried

Provided you select the "Yes, and take control" option :thup:

Just now, Seb Wassell said:

Provided you select the "Yes, and take control" option :thup:

Cheers for that. Im gonna guess that most people who care enough to have their youth teams in the sidebar want to control the individual stuff anyway ^^

Loving the game!

The dark skin is a thing of beauty; reminds me of the FM17 good old days.

I've tinkered around with my main squad view, but I can't believe the endless issues with resizing column widths are still present in this game!

On the plus side, I'm very pleased with the new column, 'Playing time Happiness' - This will be a new permanent addition for my view.

image.thumb.png.67a2c6e7dd8881c0dc8452b2adb1cb2d.png

• SI Staff
Just now, cdleedsfan said:

My generated manager (from my [brown skin] photo) is white and I can't change the skin tone.

Has this already been reported?

Post in the bugs forum please (ideally with the picture you used to do this, PM me the picture if you don't want other people seeing it)

My quick opinion on design  - overrall good but some feels dumbed down for no apparent reason.

Some design changes are good to see. But some still makes questions if this was done to support tablet version better.

For example contract view seems a lot non-intuitive than before. Same goes with preference menu. They say it was done for better overview, but as we can see it confuses a lot more.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, saihtam said:

My quick opinion on design  - overrall good but some feels dumbed down for no apparent reason.

Some design changes are good to see. But some still makes questions if this was done to support tablet version better.

For example contract view seems a lot non-intuitive than before. Same goes with preference menu. They say it was done for better overview, but as we can see it confuses a lot more.

Have you further examples of specifics here? What do you feel could be improved and how?

• SI Staff
Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Has anyone starting out unemployed with a low rep finding it as impossible as I am to land a job? Even half a star teams are refusing me an interview. 

If you've got some examples it would be worth posting in our bugs area please :thup:

1 minute ago, Bothan Spy said:

Last time I went to the barber, I didnt ask for a 1970s Ken Barlow, Mr. Whippy, Lego Man, Poo Emoji, Kevin Keegan, Minecraft villager, 1990s Wesker from Resident Evil, Max Headroom, Bobby Ball, baboons ass or 12th century Samurai. 

Why am I subjected to this abomination in 2019!

:rolleyes:

Congrats to the dev team, played 2-3 hours with Velez and have to say liking the changes. Interesting new PPMs, training schedules and improved engine, love the development centre, although I haven't concentrated on it so far too much. Looking forward to playing more of it tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

Last time I went to the barber, I didnt ask for a 1970s Ken Barlow, Mr. Whippy, Lego Man, Poo Emoji, Kevin Keegan, Minecraft villager, 1990s Wesker from Resident Evil, Max Headroom, Bobby Ball, baboons ass or 12th century Samurai. 

Why am I subjected to this abomination in 2019!

If you have issues with the manager appearance then please raise them in the bugs forum. The above isn't constructive at all.