Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, 99 said:

You can create them without any problems. Create a folder called "graphics" and inside them the "faces", "kits" and "logos".

But I didnt even get the Football Manager 2020 folder automatically created.

It usually creates and has sub folder like "crash dumps", "tactics", "games", "graphics" etc

But its not been created. So I made the Football Manager 2020 folder myself and put in graphics and its not working. It's like it's not recognising it. I have done it fine years before

Any advice from the SI guys? Hate no graphics

17 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This is exactly why SI will never please everybody. Everyone's experiences are different. Also, a lot will also depend on what level you're playing at and your tactical set up, as there may still be serious issues with certain set ups, which is why it's still vital you log any bugs you see. 

Premier league playing rubbish teams in friendlies. I'll give it time. No doubt I'll drop on a tactical system that creates something enjoyable. 

Its obviously not the one that got me 3 seasons in though. 

does anyone know if this a bug or something wrong from my end ?

my filters were created on fm20, they worked on my first test save, now on my next save .. i know for sure i saw them but suddenly i can't import them, because they are not their.

something about the PFT and FMF file ?

a55a0ff6ea8ddda6e0f8a65cd1cdc24c.png

8af3176192315d3d50e1b16a66ce9c02.png

Please help, thanks

24 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This is exactly why SI will never please everybody. Everyone's experiences are different. Also, a lot will also depend on what level you're playing at and your tactical set up, as there may still be serious issues with certain set ups, which is why it's still vital you log any bugs you see. 

Needn'T be connected to tactical set-ups, mind. Could still be different opinions. Which is naturally viable. History Shows that even ME Releases with significant issues have their hardcore fans. Perhaps because of such issues, e.g. FM 17 central spaces FFA as wide mids barely shifted inside to defend -- which naturally allowed for much easier through ball opportunity and central overloads to be enjoyed.

Still the way the game is tactically set up, not all, but a significant amount of set ups  possible naturally should produce serious "issues" even when Patched. There's still a multitude of combinations possible which regardless of results/success wouldn'T even qualify for UEFA Z- Levels of Coaching badges if such existed. That stuff should be punished and/or lead to occasionally horrible Football for as Long as the game allows anything like it. (Imo the game as a sim of semi/pro Management were better off anyway if choices were narrowed down sometime in the longer term future of the series -- also in terms of longer term balancing :o) ).

Edited by Svenc

Gerade eben schrieb luigiluigi:

yes on a mac. usually it is created within "Documents" folder. Has it changed?

Yes.

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

Open Finder

Click ‘Go’ from the menubar

Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key

This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

1 minute ago, luigiluigi said:

yes on a mac. usually it is created within "Documents" folder. Has it changed?

yes, it is changed.

This year's FM puts the folders in a different locations on MAC. This is for MAC Catalina

Now the files will instead appear in the following location:

Open Finder
This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

So if your graphic packs are not showing in FM20, make sure you move them to the proper folder:

Application Support -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2020 > graphics

Just now, KUBI said:

Yes.

Open Finder

superb thanks!

5 saat önce, Jack Joyce said:

Even when we make big improvements there'll always be areas we can improve, it's the nature of the massive beast the ME is. It's what makes the ME great but also means that small changes can have big effects elsewhere.

What's important when making criticisms is to 1. Make sure that you're not reacting off of one/two bad matches and 2. Please make sure to provide PKM examples with timestamps so we can look into any potential problems. If you're doing that and being constructive then it's great for us.

Did you get results similar to mine?

I started unemployed and simulated game with 3 league in full match detail: Premier League, La Liga and Seria A

When 15 matches played, i added new manager for each team (3 league, 60 teams, yes :)) looked goals locations for each team, and got the results below

Premier League; goals from outside box ratio circa 15%
La Liga; goals from outside box ratio circa 21%
Serie A; goals from outside box ratio circa 22%

I tried this method twice and got similar results. Same match engine but different results for different leagues. Thats so interesting but i have no idea why it is.

Nice improvement on ME, the few games I played and there are much less aimless sideways passing, nice to see. There are some issues with sound for me (Macbook pro 2014), many times after scoring goal it seems to fail to play goal scored sound, it keeps playing this generic match sound. Also, probably a coincidence but the reason I am here is because I noticed a huge increase in injuries hence why my immediate thought was the game probably got updated, I was right :lol:

Dear SI,

Smooth - Logical - Driven.

... Not much else I can say about your latest update-fix 20.1.0 ! :)

Have played some matches now, and the difference is IMMENSE! :thup:

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Toonrock

Edited by Toonrock

2 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

If people want their views to be taken seriously, I suggest they don't make sweeping statements after playing a tiny handful of games.

Then be happy, the comment wasn´t directed at you :)

4 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

What I'm most concerned with are series such as Golden FM's RB Salzburg save. He just won the CL in the first season. He destroyed PSG 4-1 in the final using a hyper-aggressive 3 striker gegenpress. I hope to God this is not a sign of things to come in the full release. The game still feel very easy in my opinion.

Then don´t use Hyper-aggressive 3 striker gegenpress :)

6 minutes ago, Toonrock said:

Then be happy, the comment wasn´t directed at you :)

Then don´t use Hyper-aggressive 3 striker gegenpress :)

Er.. and mine wasn't aimed at you!

Regarding the 'don't use it' response that tends to surface each year in this forum; first of all, I don't use such systems and never have. FM is billed as a realistic football simulation. Such systems should be torn to shreds on the counter, but the AI fails to do this. The flanks should be constantly overloaded, but this never happens. The midfield should be ripped out of shape, but this also never happens.

Edited by rdbayly

Was able to get a game in tonight. Wow, what a difference. The movements and how they take and handle the ball. The curled long passes etc. This looks very refined.

Sometimes it is good to have less flashy features and mature the game.

FM19 was the big brush, FM20 the small pencil filling out all the gaps.

:thup:

1 minute ago, tyro said:

Was able to get a game in tonight. Wow, what a difference. The movements and how they take and handle the ball. The curled long passes etc. This looks very refined.

Sometimes it is good to have less flashy features and mature the game.

FM19 was the big brush, FM20 the small pencil filling out all the gaps.

:thup:

Yep! :)

I found a bug with the pressing intensity. It's not affecting the intensity meter in the UI. Doesnt matter if you press at the highest setting or lowest. The question is...if it is not afffecting the meter, does it affect some of the negative aspects of high press like fatigue and injuries? Or is this bug simply a UI issue and has no bearing on the underlying mechanic. I reported the bug yesterday. No one from SI has responded yet.

Edited by rain94
Word

2 minutes ago, oulzac said:

Was the clear cache option removed in this latest update? I can't seem to find it.

Same place as it's been since first release. Click on reset at the bottom left of the main preferences screen, and it's there. What's handy about preferences this year is there's also a search bar, finding that really useful. 

Now, I know i have play out of defence, but postioning needs looking at - Sanchez (CD-D) and Winks (CM-D):

image.thumb.png.6debaadd8f17300ce6495cb9a029b17d.png

Can anyone point me int he direction to report Graphical issues? This look poor compared to pre-update.

I also have a training item not showing to report

1 minute ago, MBarbaric said:

that isn't good passing, it is horrible defending from blue LW

I didn't say it was good, I'm just pointing out the fact that an attacking midfielder's first thought in this instance was to pass forward rather than to the flank - an issue which plagued the previous BETA build.

Il y a 1 heure, 91836 a dit :

Enjoying the ME so far but this is a bit concerning. The best passer in the game had the pass to Griezmann on for quite a while but still ignored it 

Messi.png

Nothing wrong here, it is quite close with reality :D

Edited by SpS_Zen

Just uploaded public beta a couple of hours ago and I'm gonna be short. This is the best ME you would want this year. Please no more fussing around and messing something else up. The current state of the me is for me the best football I've seen since fm2017, albeit be it I've played just about ten matches. 

+Laser long cross field balls rarely seen from poor passers. 

+ My wingers and full backs finally cross without much hesitation. 

+ My players listening to my passing instructions. 

+ Defenders reacting better to balls over the top. 

+ Long shot goals much more realistic and toned down, now the goals come from realistic angles. 

- Still don't know how to feel about 1on1s because I still see the misses quite commonly, penalties too. Maybe that's just realistic, I guess. 

- Still seeing the inability from wingers or inside fowards to square the ball to free space striker next to them, instead they really often just shoot instead, but I guess that could be from certain attributes. 

All in all, a really decent ME so far even on such a small sample size. But I would say just ship it! 

Edited by nikolaMo

47 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Er.. and mine wasn't aimed at you!

Regarding the 'don't use it' response that tends to surface each year in this forum; first of all, I don't use such systems and never have. FM is billed as a realistic football simulation. Such systems should be torn to shreds on the counter, but the AI fails to do this. The flanks should be constantly overloaded, but this never happens. The midfield should be ripped out of shape, but this also never happens.

I'd made a similar 3 striker formation and it now does indeed get ripped apart by the AI. Before the patch I could come 5th with Brighton in the first season with no signings, and after the update the same formation/team/players gets me sacked by Xmas. 

I'd assume Golden FMs formation will struggle too (his champions League run wasnt with the latest ME)

hace 1 hora, 91836 dijo:

Enjoying the ME so far but this is a bit concerning. The best passer in the game had the pass to Griezmann on for quite a while but still ignored it 

Messi.png

This is my only complain regarding the current updated ME, you barely see any through pass to the strikers when they are close or inside the area like in that screenshot and they never try one on two passes and it’s been like than since FM19.

Strikers are almost useless for control/possession tactics as they just stay inmobile close to the defenders so the rest of the team ignores them unless it’s a counter and they have space to run. I have tried with all the types of strikers and once you have the other team pinned in their area, they behave the same static way like if they were a target men playing back to goal.

I’m temped to do a test, edit my striker, set all his attributes to 20 and see if he scores more than my midfielders or inside forwards or if he keeps being ignored in static attacks.

Edited by Icy

vor 8 Minuten schrieb antoninartaud:

Does anybody experiencing fps drops at menus and games after the update?

Also game seems to be more "brighter" colours are little bit different than before the update.

Try this:

I've played about 10 games on the new ME, seeing a lot of penalties given for sliding tackles in the box. Maybe an animation issue but the defender always looks like he wins the ball, and it always comes up with a message saying it looked harsh.

Had about six instances of that in those ten games, for me and the opposition. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've played about 10 games on the new ME, seeing a lot of penalties given for sliding tackles in the box. Maybe an animation issue but the defender always looks like he wins the ball, and it always comes up with a message saying it looked harsh.

Had about six instances of that in those ten games, for me and the opposition. 

In my FMT save with Hibs, David Gray gave away two penalties away to Ross County, both times after I had just shouted 'what a tackle son'. :lol:

Not seen it in the main game. Maybe it's an SPFL thing. Who was your ref? Bobby Madden?