Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only played 2 games so far with this new ME, it's not enough for any conclusion. But I have to say... oh boy I do love what I'm seeing here! Deff going in the right direction.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I've never seen this before, good that it lets you know. Thiago's not in any mentoring group though, is this right?

Untitled.thumb.png.a36c4eaaec98347ecab7cc4397c40744.png

Maybe you have assistant manager handling training and decided to teach him that trait?

Good news after a single game with the new ME and I was very critic with old one:

- No more side to side long passes from the fullbacks.

- Wide players now cross instead of shooting with no angle

- Less long shoots from my midfielders but still to much goals, 3 so far in two games.

- More through ball attempts inside the area but still not enough

- More dribbles from skilled players, huge difference here.

It all makes attacking posession football more interesting to watch, as my team no longer shoot from outside but try to pass to the players inside the area. Nice to see skilled players now dribbling past their opponents in the middle of the field.

Edited by Icy

1 minute ago, kingking said:

The board is blocking 90% of all my transfers...

I'm Manchester City

I have over 150M transfer budget

I make sure i purchase stars below that transfer budget

And what reason do they give you for blocking the transfer? Also, club vision is new this year. If they have a requirement to, say,  only sign U23 players or players of a certain calibre, then they do now block transfers that don't meet the criteria they set. 

After 2 matches it finally feels like I'm watching something somewhat close to football.

Still think wingers and fullbacks need some work done as they are still missing opportunities to cross from being to lethargic with the ball and then end up being caught by the defenders and loose the right time to cross and have to either play the ball back or try one on one which so far is looking like they always lose it

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

And what reason do they give you for blocking the transfer? Also, club vision is new this year. If they have a requirement to, say,  only sign U23 players or players of a certain calibre, then they do now block transfers that don't meet the criteria they set. 

They say I am overpaying and a deal no greater than 90 million is reasonable 

however, I wanted to pay in instalments 

Brunos club want more than 90 million

so i can't get him even though Manchester City is financially able to afford him

image.thumb.png.2e92f5ea1229b7c00178dabb4865e8a6.png

image.thumb.png.95aecdaa9c6ae05ddc525520c85237ad.png

Edited by kingking

3 minutes ago, kingking said:

They say I am overpaying and a deal no greater than 90 million is reasonable 

however, i wanted to pay in instalments 

image.thumb.png.2e92f5ea1229b7c00178dabb4865e8a6.png

image.thumb.png.95aecdaa9c6ae05ddc525520c85237ad.png

Just to double check, you're paying a £62m initial fee PLUS £138m installments (£200m total), not £138m total

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I think they might be onto something there...

lol maybe 

but I feel like it is a little harsh in a world where the richest teams like real Madrid pay large amounts for the top players

especially if it is in instalments and the club can afford it

Edited by kingking

19 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Maybe but it says mentoring review 

Yeah this is also weird as he's a 29 years old player with high status and reputation, probably something to report as a bug.

3 minutes ago, kingking said:

lol maybe 

but I feel like it is a little harsh in a world where the richest teams like real Madrid pay large amounts for the top players

especially if it is in instalments and the club can afford it

They might be able to afford it, but remember FPP is still a thing. It sounds like a sensible decision by your board. On that basis, I'd raise it as a bug as Man City's actual owners would probably sanction it without question :lol:

ME seems to be a bit better - Not played enough games to truly see, but less switching is a good thing, and a few more through-balls  But there are some graphic's bugs in the update:

image.thumb.png.8b75c60f6b1326d30ce3dec1c1e3676a.png1 - Critisise and Praise are still there, you just can't see them.

The in-game graphics look poor:

image.thumb.png.457c2804ef58b4f50161ec827cc4720f.png

That's on Medium (GPU is upto date), which was done due to the speed issue (I'll revert that and test more)

Also - Please tell my why Lloris is NOT a Natural in GK? Essecially when his attributes clearly suit a GK vs a Sweeper Keeper? In fact the attributes for a Sweeper Keeper are really poor (Passing, First Touch, Compsure, Vision), so I don't quite understand why he's deemed a better Sweeper Keeper then as a GK? (BTW, I play him as GK, with take less risks)

image.thumb.png.ff3a686593fddff284735c4d8b8084cf.png

2 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

One thing, did anybody notice increase in injuries? I'm having a little crisis and don't know if this is public-beta related or just my small squad is suffering because of the december/january schedule...

I've noticed more injuries for the other teams in the league. Looks close to real life in that respect. I still don't have any, of course 

Opted into the beta-beta. 

Match engine is much better, however I'm now getting performance hits. FPS was a silky smooth 60 before, now it drops to 40-44. It's nothing to do with my graphics card, or rather it shouldn't - it's a GTX1080, so there absolutely shouldn't be an issue here, but yeah, framerate issues, stuttering and lag on the 3D at the moment.

4 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Opted into the beta-beta. 

Match engine is much better, however I'm now getting performance hits. FPS was a silky smooth 60 before, now it drops to 40-44. It's nothing to do with my graphics card, or rather it shouldn't - it's a GTX1080, so there absolutely shouldn't be an issue here, but yeah, framerate issues, stuttering and lag on the 3D at the moment.

Me too.. a lot of lag in the ME and between days

In 20.0.4 it was very smooth 

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm the other way around. I had to fiddle with the settings when it first came out, the update before this one improved it, and this update is running great for me. This is another example of why this game is impossible for SI to please everyone. 

I`m the same as you. Hell trying 20.1 now its so quick i was like "whaaat the f...." Guess i got used to the lag since it came out.

Just now, ceefax the cat said:

Playing the latest beta.... it's a marked improvement! Still an awful lot of long balls in behind for 1-on-1's though, which seem to account for near enough 100% of my chances

By 'latest beta', did you mean 'public opt-in beta'?

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Great job with this new match engine. Played a few games now, and it certainly feels a lot closer to what it should be. And I'm now converted to 3d now that it looks better and runs smoother. I'm actually enjoying watching the games now due to it not being endless crossfield passes, massive hoofs over the defence and worldies from 30 yards every game. Good job. 

But the real question is - is the ME better than FM17's?

Edited by Armistice

I had mine fixed - issue was "Dissapointed not close to making champions league places" (I am 2nd in the league 31 games in, 8 points clear of 4th).

They are now dissapointed i didn't sign more U22 players for the future...I had other player reqriutment priorities.

Anyone else noticed poor Graphics as per above images?

Ma United board are a bit too demanding. Winning the europa league and 3rd in the PL and it's only a C+. Also I'm required to increase commercial revenue? How is that the job of a manager and what am I expected to do exactly?

Also to ensure we have the best youth academy in the world? The facilities are state of the art, what else is there to do?

4 minutes ago, luka_ said:

Ma United board are a bit too demanding. Winning the europa league and 3rd in the PL and it's only a C+. Also I'm required to increase commercial revenue? How is that the job of a manager and what am I expected to do exactly?

Also to ensure we have the best youth academy in the world? The facilities are state of the art, what else is there to do?

Big names players = shirt sales, big cup games = tickets sales, at a guess 

Re: The Academy, just make sure it stays state of the art, there's not a lot else you can do 

28 minutes ago, luka_ said:

Big games etc. Get the reputation as high as possible.

Same for youth, sign the best youngsters and get them performing.

Played my first game. Good impressions so far. 

- first 1 on 1 situation and it is a goal

- had two more but it wasn't a good position and later had again 1 on 1 situation, my players shoots, GK saves but my another player was near and he just scored on empty goal

- watching on comprehensive mode, not a single crossfield pass from my fullbacks

- opponent player dribbles my player like he is prime Ronaldinho