Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, glosoli said:

ME is much more better. Especially wing backs and wingers are more responsive to tactical instructions.

Also, you can now use select all (ctrl+A) on search bar.

super.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive checked some games out roughy watched around 20 games so far and to be honest I’m happier than I thought I would be.

its early but, there seems to be a big me improvement, assist and goal variation seems better, a few assists via through balls, not so many long shots and some central play. 

I’m almost tempted to ask the dev team to leave the me alone and work on next years version, I might regret saying that but so far so good

Edited by Weller1980

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I'm on the fence about buying the new game, so feedback on the ME would be greatly appreciated.

Less about the obvious stuff (although Long Shots and 1v1s are important) just more... do you feel more in control of what your players are doing? That was a big crux for me at times with 19. 

I just scored a goal with some slick central forward passing, so I'd like to think so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 dakika önce, GOODNAME said:

After the public beta update the game between days is more laggy and my FPS is one 35-50.. in the BETA is was always on 60

Maybe new save will sorted it out?

+ I have lags in the ME now.. 

I've also lag in ME now. It was corrected and smooth in previous pre-beta version.

 

Strikers does seem to score more goals inside with short pass. Inverted wingers dribble more inside area and look for option. Very good so far no more switch to other flank with long balls. Although there is increase in penalty rate but only 3 matches played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I conceded two one on ones in my last match (one was Danny Welbeck of all people dribbling through the whole pitch after corner and other one was ball over the top in the last minute), was massively unlucky in front of goal.

I think that after the update the game is a bit more difficult, but it can also be just normal Everton meltdown, time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, baris28 said:

I've also lag in ME now. It was corrected and smooth in previous pre-beta version.

 

Strikers does seem to score more goals inside with short pass. Inverted wingers dribble more inside area and look for option. Very good so far no more switch to other flank with long balls. Although there is increase in penalty rate but only 3 matches played.

Dam with this lag on the ME.. i hope they will fix this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Dam with this lag on the ME.. i hope they will fix this

Make sure you log any issues you're having. Ironically my Mac lag has completely gone and the crazy fan noise has also cleared up with this new update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I’m almost tempted to ask the dev team to leave the me alone and work on next years version, 

I was thinking the same thing, however give it a day or so, and the serial moaners will circle the wagons forcing them to change it again. And that runs the risk of what happened last year, where one of the updates made more things worse than it fixed. 

This update is great so far, whisper it, but this could be the best FM ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another QoL fix, skin auto-reloads when you click confirm after a clear cache. So, no need to change the skin and force a load to see the facepacks and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My initial response to the new ME is very positive after a few games. Will take a few days to ee how it beds in but it has adressed a lot of the my annoyances with the the previous one.

Also runs far better with no lag and just generally appears sharper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First game tonight, done an update so assume that involved the ME?

More cross field passes than I ever had before...

Was seeing multiple 1 on 1 chances a match simply by massive punts up the park, and that's not something that's appeared yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

First game tonight, done an update so assume that involved the ME?

More cross field passes than I ever had before...

Was seeing multiple 1 on 1 chances a match simply by massive punts up the park, and that's not something that's appeared yet.

20.0.4 update you mean or this public beta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

First game tonight, done an update so assume that involved the ME?

More cross field passes than I ever had before...

Was seeing multiple 1 on 1 chances a match simply by massive punts up the park, and that's not something that's appeared yet.

Are you on 20.1 (public opt-in beta) or in 20.0.4 (regular beta)? So ME 2016 or ME 2000?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, just had a player completely botch a throw in. Not the usual one where they just throw it to the opposition, a full on muffed throw which led to a chance for the opponent. I have never saw that on any FM ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

20.0.4 update you mean or this public beta?

 

11 minutes ago, Teep said:

Are you on 20.1 (public opt-in beta) or in 20.0.4 (regular beta)? So ME 2016 or ME 2000?

I just loaded steam, it updated FM and then I went straight in, so whatever ME that is is what I'm on. Second game has far less cross balls and is more like what im used too.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant really play with the public beta.. its lag between days and the ME i super lag..

In the beta it was so smooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RandomGuy. said:

 

I just loaded steam, it updated FM and then I went straight in, so whatever ME that is is what I'm on. Second game has far less cross balls and is more like what im used too.

Have you opted-in for the public beta via Steam Settings? Because if you haven't manually done anything you wont have a different ME than the one which has been up since the start of the pre-release beta

There are two betas :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

 

I just loaded steam, it updated FM and then I went straight in, so whatever ME that is is what I'm on. Second game has far less cross balls and is more like what im used too.

You can check which one you're on in the FM preferences dropdown, under Game Status

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOODNAME said:

Cant really play with the public beta.. its lag between days and the ME i super lag..

In the beta it was so smooth

Top of the screen FM- About Football Manager, new ME's v2016

Edited by Johnny Ace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Karnack said:

Have you opted-in for the public beta via Steam Settings? Because if you haven't manually done anything you wont have a different ME than the one which has been up since the start of the pre-release beta

There are two betas :P

(Just downloading the game now)

How would you go about opting in like that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bobbyb12345 said:

(Just downloading the game now)

How would you go about opting in like that? 

Right click the game in your library go Settings and find the BETAS tab. Chose to opt in in the drop down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Karnack said:

Right click the game in your library go Settings and find the BETAS tab. Chose to opt in in the drop down

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Karnack said:

Have you opted-in for the public beta via Steam Settings? Because if you haven't manually done anything you wont have a different ME than the one which has been up since the start of the pre-release beta

There are two betas :P

I've definitely never done that, so that's resolved that.

Played three games tonight, first game was pinball between full backs/wingers, other two been fine. No idea why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Jordi Alba has 12 months on his contract, refuses to even negotiate because PSG are interested. I do the sensible thing (I think) and manage to get PSG to pay nearly £50m for a player they could sign for free in 12 months. My parting comment to him was something along the lines of wishing him all the best.... he replies by saying he never wanted to leave. Now Messi is in a mood about it. Brilliant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

two small questions. in responsibilities - u can choose offer to clubs - allow him to play for your reserve team. what does this mean ? U can loan out a player and he'll play for your own reserve team ? :)

 

Can u change the default trial period to 4 in stead of 1 ? i saw some scouting preference option but when i offer free players a trial it stays '1 week'.

Edited by OlivierL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor einer Stunde schrieb Dagenham_Dave:

I was thinking the same thing, however give it a day or so, and the serial moaners will circle the wagons forcing them to change it again. And that runs the risk of what happened last year, where one of the updates made more things worse than it fixed. 

This update is great so far, whisper it, but this could be the best FM ever. 

why is pointing out issues with the match engine serial moaning?

 

 

The beta is an improvement but there are still issues like players not running with the ball when there is an opportunity or not using space when its there 

also players seem unable to win the ball now when you play pressing . 

They also still make strange decisions , opting for the long pass to the other flank instead of a short pass which makes sense despite short pass instructions.

 

 

 

Edited by thejay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im back to the early BETA.. i just cant play with the Public beta because i have such huge lag in the ME..

In the BETA the ME is smooth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 saat önce, herne79 said:

 

 

 

Taken from the feedback thread pinned to the top of the ME Bugs Forum:

"The reason we ask for PKMs is that every decision a player makes is based on a incredible number of variables, meaning that each case is unique in their own way. This means that specific examples are incredibly useful for the development team. When testing improvements, we can replay certain decisions and events in our updated Match Engines and see if it is still happening.

<snip>

The beta feedback this year has been very helpful and productive, and the main concerns raised fortunately matched up with what we believed to be the main issues internally and we have been working hard on some good improvements. It’s good to know that we were on the same page as you guys"

So basically yes internal testing is ahead of Beta testing however Beta pkms and bug reports will always be useful because of the huge variety of unique cases.  Internal testing won't catch everything.  Beta pkms can also be used to identify issues and then replay them through the updated ME to ensure the issue raised is no longer happening or log it for further investigation.

Raising Beta bug reports and pkms are very far from a waste of time or a "marketing tactic".

Let’s say we understood that. Feedbacks are helpful and it’s not a marketing tactic. 

Ok. But what’s the reason for we’re not getting the updated ME? I’m just wondering why we are playing with 10-15 version old ME? There is huge one week before full release. We all can take a look to the newest ME and send you feedback. I think the purpose of beta is already that actually.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Im back to the early BETA.. i just cant play with the Public beta because i have such huge lag in the ME..

In the BETA the ME is smooth 

I'm the other way around. I had to fiddle with the settings when it first came out, the update before this one improved it, and this update is running great for me. This is another example of why this game is impossible for SI to please everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, srvngrc said:

Let’s say we understood that. Feedbacks are helpful and it’s not a marketing tactic. 

Ok. But what’s the reason for we’re not getting the updated ME? I’m just wondering why we are playing with 10-15 version old ME? There is huge one week before full release. We all can take a look to the newest ME and send you feedback. I think the purpose of beta is already that actually.

 

The updated public beta is available with new match engine ...it's mentioned loads of times above, New ME 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bakiano said:
 

 

I don't understand comments like this. What is this final game that's "way better"? Why aren't we testing this "final game"?, otherwise what's the point of the testing?

Edited by Tiger666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm the other way around. I had to fiddle with the settings when it first came out, the update before this one improved it, and this update is running great for me. This is another example of why this game is impossible for SI to please everyone. 

Weird.. and i have pretty decent computer.. 16GB ram, 1050GTX and I5 processor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, srvngrc said:

I’m just wondering why we are playing with 10-15 version old ME?

Each version of the ME isn't necessarily big changes.  A minor alteration to GK positioning might result in a new ME version.  Internal testing also affects things, so something gets spotted internally necessitating another change and hey presto another version number.

So lets get a (hopefully) stable ME rolled out to Beta testers with some significant changes for you to properly get your teeth into :thup:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Haha, just had a player completely botch a throw in. Not the usual one where they just throw it to the opposition, a full on muffed throw which led to a chance for the opponent. I have never saw that on any FM ever. 

Just noticed one of those as well (throw-in accidentally overshot and went over the head of its intended target), he managed to collect the ball before an opponent got to it though. New to this version of the ME? I don't think I'd seen one like that before either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job with this new match engine. Played a few games now, and it certainly feels a lot closer to what it should be. And I'm now converted to 3d now that it looks better and runs smoother. I'm actually enjoying watching the games now due to it not being endless crossfield passes, massive hoofs over the defence and worldies from 30 yards every game. Good job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm only 120 minutes in & I'm noting a bunch of improvements, I still feel the ball's played wide more often than it should but that's my initial thought, I'll see how it plays out over a dozen games or so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Each version of the ME isn't necessarily big changes.  A minor alteration to GK positioning might result in a new ME version.  Internal testing also affects things, so something gets spotted internally necessitating another change and hey presto another version number.

So lets get a (hopefully) stable ME rolled out to Beta testers with some significant changes for you to properly get your teeth into :thup:.

Do you know maybe when will they officially release this update with new ME?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this new ME is definitely an improvement, played 3 full games ... i like what am seing ... way better dynamics in offensive and defensive plays.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damm i pretty sad that im the only one who have ME lag in the new public beta.. in the 20.0.4 i had no lag.. 

SI please fix this :( :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

First game with new ME.

5-0 up after 60 minutes.

That'll do pig, that'll do.

Stevie May grabbing all 5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Damm i pretty sad that im the only one who have ME lag in the new public beta.. in the 20.0.4 i had no lag.. 

SI please fix this :( :( 

Did you try updating graphics drivers or lowering settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steviemay17 said:

Stevie May grabbing all 5?

Scott Tanser hat trick :lol:

Two new signings got the other two, including George Williams who returned after I sold Wright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...