Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seb, when setting the pressing intensity slider for team instruction, it has no effect on the Intensity meter. Whether I select no urgency or very urgent or anything in between, it doesn't move the intensity meter.

Edited by rain94

Unless they get an update, because if they have 15 revisions, then take them out until revision 10, to say something. And make a playable ME, because now there is nowhere to catch it. You tell the defenders short passes and they only give long passes, too many shots on goal, the defenders allow too many scoring chances ... an update to continue with our games. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Big update available on the public beta branch of the game 990MB. Version is 20.1 and ME version is 

ME Version is 2016.

This is the update we were expecting guys!!!

Its not on steam?

First game on 2.1:

Players seem to finally pass from tight angle

No crazy longshots scored

I think there is more variety in attacks

And the "end of the game highlight" seems to be back

Although the game was against **** Brighton side, so we'll see

4 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

First game on 2.1:

Give us more :onmehead:

4 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

First game on 2.1:

Not opting into that beta but keep the feedback coming. :) 

11 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

Is this an automatic download? Have you played any games yet.

Looks much better than ME 2000. but i have to test it further.

No more switching the ball from flank to flank on every attach, fullbacks cross when they can do so, no more wild longshots and I haven't had an one to one yet ( i think the over the top long balls have also been reduced)

Edited by andu1

1 minute ago, luigiluigi said:

What would the folder structure be to get to graphics?

Plus will that not effect anything else the fact that it's not created?

Documents - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2020 -  Graphics

Anything else that you want/need that might not have been created for whatever reason you can create like the above just change the last file name to match what you're looking for.

34 minutos atrás, andu1 disse:

Big update available on the public beta branch of the game 990MB. Version is 20.1 and ME version is 

ME Version is 2016.

This is the update we were expecting guys!!!

Yesssss!

• SI Staff
32 minutes ago, rain94 said:

Seb, when setting the pressing intensity slider for team instruction, it has no effect on the Intensity meter. Whether I select no urgency or very urgent or anything in between, it doesn't move the intensity meter.

Could you raise that here please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/710-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

Ok, after 17 days (btw, the processing part of the game seems way faster and more fluid then ever, anyone noticed something similar? Might be just fresh save, it's been almost a year since I had new save) of international break comes game number 2:

• Again no tight angle shooting, players pass the ball!
  • Long balls over the top seem to be nerfed, they aren't as acurate and defenders finally react to them! 
  • Again, no longshots.
  • All in all, had pretty meh game that I lost becouse of defender's mistake (he passed the ball too lightly to GK, it happens)

il y a 7 minutes, Iwabik a dit :

Ok, after 17 days (btw, the processing part of the game seems way faster and more fluid then ever, anyone noticed something similar? Might be just fresh save, it's been almost a year since I had new save) of international break comes game number 2:

• Again no tight angle shooting, players pass the ball!
  • Long balls over the top seem to be nerfed, they aren't as acurate and defenders finally react to them! 
  • Again, no longshots.
  • All in all, had pretty meh game that I lost becouse of defender's mistake (he passed the ball too lightly to GK, it happens)

Yes its way faster wow!

4 minutes ago, Svenc said:

yeah as said second one not even a one on one. Also very lazy model that and point proven about fundamental flaw measuring those chances the same. Plus interesting that he says they don't rate the second chance that highly yet on the understat thing you sent through it rates the morata chance on 69 mins as .54 xg but the chance on 13min as .3 and the chance on 92 mins as .31 so it's rather inconsistent in its appplication of what he's saying above. perhaps as morata is ever so slightly closer in on goal its higher xg even though it contradicts what he himself is saying in that its a lesser chance. I think that exposes the generic elements of xg especially classing all one on ones as 1 in 3 and a better chance than how his model then quantifies a chance he said was lower as actually higher lol...so its inconsistently applying its own logic. So thanks that really shows the flaws in using the 0.30 as a general statement to quantify one on ones. The inconsistency as your example shows that in abundance.

See attached pedro chance you've shown before at 0.55 on it. Thats .35 and at a narrow angle. Xg gives higher value to chances with better angle so a more central chance with less of an angle to goal would actually increase xg...therefore morata first chance would have a higher xg then compared to pedro chance. So again that would debunk the .30 thing measuring moratas chances you quote

Overall it's blatantly obvious that morata first chance is easier than the second chance...that's just an eye test and put yourself in those positions playing football...how many times would you convert that first chance vs the second chance yet the model you quote rates second chance at .54 and first at .30...even though second has a player tight and chasing at more speed and moving further away from goal but first chance is in more space with more time and morata has better control moving centrally towards goal...it's nonsensical to class all those three chance the same and even more nonsensical to value second chance higher than the first. I know you have said before they're not at all the same anyway but above highlights the flaws of the generic 1 in 3 chance value

opta define one on one in the big chances there as per below as a situation where a player should be reasonably expected to score. an xg of .30 is hardly a reasonable expectation is it so are opta classing it a one on one as higher than .30 seeing they lump it in with penalties and very close range below

Big Chances
A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in a one on one scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter. Penalties are always considered big chances.

1 hour ago, luigiluigi said:

Does anyone have any idea why my FM 2020 folder hasnt automatically been created within documents folder?

It means I can't add any logos etc

Mines didnt appear until I'd started the game, and created a save. Was only when I came back out the game the folder had appeared.

Not sure why.

Games 3, 4 and 5:

• So I conceded becouse my player literally ducked in front of ball, but I'm willing to accept it as just Everton things
  • They are passing the ball from angles, generally offensive players seem to use their brains more, also it seems possible to dribble through defender
  • I've seen free kick taken shortly for the first time in FM
  • The animations feel very nice, more fluid, although I had the same feeling when I played my first game in beta so I don't know
  • Most of the irritating things seem to be gone and I haven't seen any new ones. Yet.
  • As for 1-on-1s, not even one in first 4 games, then 4 in the last one - and not even one was scored
  • Long balls over the top seem to be fixed
  • I don't know, I just enjoy looking at the match enigne in action now, but it might be placebo, need to play more

I'm on the fence about buying the new game, so feedback on the ME would be greatly appreciated.

Less about the obvious stuff (although Long Shots and 1v1s are important) just more... do you feel more in control of what your players are doing? That was a big crux for me at times with 19. 

3 matches in. This feels immediately better. I'm not doing as well as I was before but it feels better.

I did see 4 missed one-on-ones in my most recent match, however. I'll keep an eye on it - confirmation bias and all that.

This ME version is a marked improvement over the previous one. Through balls seem more common, still a few issues with full backs but I think it's slightly better.

Just now, thomas_e said:

But why hasn't this been made as a "regular" update? 

Perhaps SI want to ensure it runs smoothly and doesn't crash often or introduce other major bugs before releasing it as a full update. There's no such thing as testing a game too much.