Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

Speaking of transfers, I lost a really good 5* PA youth player to Schalke, I'm a 2.Buli side fwiw, my board jumped in and accepted the offer they made and I couldn't object it, has that option been removed from the game this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are League Two teams not allowed to use terraces anymore? Recently got promoted to League Two and in every single game on the match engine, the terrace stands are completely empty.

Looks bizarre when like 2 (sometimes 3) stands are just empty.. didn't want to post it in the bugs forum as I wasn't sure if they have been banned in real life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 минут назад, dangngo6 сказал:

can you turn off the board block transfer? i have an idiot in my team i just want to kick him out for what ever price but the board said" oh he worth more than that, you should cancel the transter"
so stupid

Even Aurier was kicked from PSG for awful discipline issue, Spurs paid 25 mln euro (PSG paid for him just 10 mln). Just 1 example IRL football where board allow kick player for free just because manager doesn't like him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Barkermush said:

Are League Two teams not allowed to use terraces anymore? Recently got promoted to League Two and in every single game on the match engine, the terrace stands are completely empty.

Looks bizarre when like 2 (sometimes 3) stands are just empty.. didn't want to post it in the bugs forum as I wasn't sure if they have been banned in real life.

It's a bug, and has been reported.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

It's a bug, and has been reported.

 

 

Ah, good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some feedback:

 

Match Engine: I concur that there seems to be a lot of cross-field passes. I don't actually mind it, but I do think it is too frequent. Sometimes, it looks arcadey and fake. Yes, the player is in acres of space, which is leading to that pass, but the frequency is off. Also, it's a bit funny that the players will curl from the edge of the box, a pass to the opposite side of the field, but will hesitate to curl a ball into the box at the far post!

I also saw a rather odd incident where my full back got into the box, unmarked, lots of space, could do an easy cut back, and yet he sent the ball 40 yards backwards? Very odd decision, very extreme and unlikely to happen in such a situation as most players will be eyeing the goal/cross.

I saw an opposition team full back ping shots from out wide 30-35 yards consistently, which I think may be down to over-aggressive settings? I was sitting back protecting a 1-0 lead at the time, and of course, wasn't too fussed about his wild shooting. He won MoM though!

 

Refereeing / Match Sounds:

Just want to point out, a whistle is not required to signal for a corner kick. It gets a bit excessive to hear the whistle going everytime a corner is awarded, and sometimes the whistle is going before a shot even gets saved/deflected over for a corner kick. There's no requirement to whistle for corner-kicks, so you could probably edit this out of the match sounds and leave it only for the odd referee who insists on whistling for every corner... It would also save my sanity hearing the bloody thing all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nebuuu said:

Hey Guys :)

My first impressions are, that overall this FM gives more depth for Football-Fans (like the longterm clubtargets and stuff).
As 3D Player, i really like the animations.
BUT....the lagging in 3D (as Nvidia User) with 80-90% Usage of GPU@taskmanager) is an absolutely eyecancer. ^^
I could lower it a little by deactivate V-Sync and set the graphics lower, even i have a very good PC (ez GTAV Ultra and others).

Also...the match engine with these overdose of Crosses, Wideshots, is broken.
Goals looking good but many times it`s unreal how often these kind of Shots/Goals happen.
I love the new goalkeepers tho. :P

Also i`ve tested many tactics for my german Hertha BSC team but it seems like almost every Goal is coming from a cross or wideshot. :(
Whatever...it`s a BETA and i hope the Nvidia-Problem + MatchEngine will get fixed as soon as possible.
So far, it felt like an Upgrade for FM19, which isn`t bad but also not good. I believe, when these Problems get fixed, it will be alot better.

Greetings.

You're lucky. My GPU usage goes straight to 100% during matches :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought- Could the reason 1v1's not working "properly" because the GK's are much more smarter and responsive? rather than the latter of the players not putting it away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigV said:

Just a thought- Could the reason 1v1's not working "properly" because the GK's are much more smarter and responsive? rather than the latter of the players not putting it away. 

From what I'm seeing the players simply strike the ball straight at the GK, like 9/10 they'll do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

From what I'm seeing the players simply strike the ball straight at the GK, like 9/10 they'll do this. 

Not tried the game myself as I dont have access yet but i've been following a fair few streams. lollujo's wide players tend to tuck in (seen as a problem although his formation is narrow) and when they have their chances they tend to be in the corners. His recent upload martial top left thunderbolt strike and kepa saved it. A few more in the other games too. He uses tika taka but his long shots seem unreasonable, pogba banging them in like last year. Toning them down It felt like they just became passing passive players rathen than some becoming creative because they had the ball more. 

Remember rashford has a 1v1 and he megged the keeper, I was shocked xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

All of this talk about takeovers and how it affects you does make you question how much realism you want?

In reality most managers don't last more than one or two seasons, but everybody would be raging if you could never really get into a long term project at a club.

It would be cool to see two modes - one fairly normal and one where it is cut throat and realistic - but it might be a weird one to try and sell.

Agree with this.  If I'm managing my favorite team I don't want to get fired because I'm playing the wrong style of football.

But if I'm doing some kind of long term save I'd be good with finding the right fit club for my style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stevedaytona said:

Agree with this.  If I'm managing my favorite team I don't want to get fired because I'm playing the wrong style of football.

But if I'm doing some kind of long term save I'd be good with finding the right fit club for my style.

Playing the "wrong" style of football will not get you sacked alone. Underachieving and playing the wrong style of football might.

As in past versions, if you want to ensure your job is safe, achieve and overachieve the goals set out by the Board.

It is also possible to negotiate the removal of these objectives provided they are not "required". Over time, you may see the board come around to your way of playing football, providing it has proved successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My summary so far:

Positives:

  • Club Vision/Club Culture. Feels like a great addition, really loving it. Gone are the days of managing every club the same way, signing the same type of players and becoming pretty much untouchable (and ultimately bored) a few years into the save. Feels like the game now tries to be more ruthless, keep you on your toes and truly simulate the brutal world of football managers, which I find great (until I get a takeover-sack and change my mind :D). I can see some people having issues with being asked to sign high-profile players though, which can be impossible for their level, so hopefully that gets sorted out for the full release.
  • Staff Responsibilities. Being able to tailor your FM experience exactly the way you want it can only be good. There's now a larger amount of tasks you can delegate to your staff.
  • Playing Time Happiness view. You could previously track that on the Dynamics screen, but the ability to have it in a Squad view makes it much easier.
  • Ability progress graph. One of those little things I didn't know I needed. Not only can you see it for individuals, you can also have it in your Squad view and have a great overview of players' progress.
  • Data Analysts. Absolutely love the new Team Report analysis screen and Data Analysts now being able to reveal the opposition's roles and duties over the course of the match.

Negatives:

  • Performance feels like it could be optimised better. Matches seem a tad choppy even on low graphical settings, which wasn't the case in FM 2019.
  • Options menu. The smaller window feels like a step back. I like to have a good overview of things, rather than having to click on multiple sub-menus to find what I'm looking for. Thankfully, it's the sort of thing you only have to go through once.
  • Contract offers. I'm torn on it. I like some aspects, like seeing agent's patience bar, but then there's small things like having to click twice to switch between Previous Offer/Existing Contract (those buttons were previously always visible and not hidden in a sub-menu) and having free staff spaces shown graphically instead of numerically, which bother me. Tiny things like that can add or take away from the work flow, which I feel is very important in games like FM.
  • Some AI-generated staff is too good. There's Loan Managers out there that could teach Pep a lesson. :lol:

I haven't played enough matches to comment on the match engine, but so far it feels enjoyable. I haven't had any issues with strikers not scoring yet (I've seen Piatek score 4 in 20 minutes against Cagliari as an Advanced Forward though :cool:), but Gegenpressing does still seem very powerful. I feel like my players' condition should take a greater hit than it currently does for being instructed to press the opposition all over the pitch for 90 minutes.

All in all, I love it. Even more so after the Hotfix 20.0.3, which slightly improved my performance and fixed the Dark skin. Looking forward to the full release. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

I also saw a rather odd incident where my full back got into the box, unmarked, lots of space, could do an easy cut back, and yet he sent the ball 40 yards backwards? Very odd decision, very extreme and unlikely to happen in such a situation as most players will be eyeing the goal/cross.

I had the same situation but it wasn't my fullback who did a 40 yards backwards pass to my CB, it was my winger (Inverted winger role).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Over time, you may see the board come around to your way of playing football, providing it has proved successful.

A question, if you don't mind, Seb?

What are the odds of getting the board to want the "developing youth players through the youth system"? I love to play the youth only challenge. While this might not be very realistic, I still enjoy it. In previous versions we could ask for this, but not anymore as far as I can see. If I keep playing youngsters and have success with this, could the board want to implement it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the club vision. I do not think it is my job as a manager to increase the commercial revenue of a club. That is surely the job of a marketing director, or some such non-football staff? What exactly would that entail? The tool tip says to sign and play players who get more merchandise revenue. Which at least gives a goal. It is a weird thing to demand of a manager though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1714001797_Bildschirmfoto2019-11-07um19_00_30.thumb.png.0a14d5f4abd6c971c2583facc5842b41.png

"Green on green" is really hard to see. I would like the rating to be displayed in white (or similar) in front of a green, neutral or red background. That would be much better for my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite starting with "continental pro licence coaching badges" and choosing "international (global level) past playing experience" there is only 35 coaching attributes points and 15 mental attributes points. A lot less than the default amounts in the previous football manager edition. Is this a bug to be fixed or how the new game works now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

For the club vision. I do not think it is my job as a manager to increase the commercial revenue of a club. That is surely the job of a marketing director, or some such non-football staff? What exactly would that entail? The tool tip says to sign and play players who get more merchandise revenue. Which at least gives a goal. It is a weird thing to demand of a manager though.

The Vision is not for the manager alone. As you say, increasing commercial income is only partially on the manager, the board will do their part too. Building a new stadium is an example of an objective that appears on the vision but is entirely on the board rather than the manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, XaW said:

A question, if you don't mind, Seb?

What are the odds of getting the board to want the "developing youth players through the youth system"? I love to play the youth only challenge. While this might not be very realistic, I still enjoy it. In previous versions we could ask for this, but not anymore as far as I can see. If I keep playing youngsters and have success with this, could the board want to implement it?

It isn't based on odds, instead it is based on attributes and circumstance.

If there is something not on the Vision that you wish to do, such as developing young players, then go for it. Just ensure that you also achieve your other goals and the board will have no issues with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 4 Stunden schrieb dangngo6:

can you turn off the board block transfer? i have an idiot in my team i just want to kick him out for what ever price but the board said" oh he worth more than that, you should cancel the transter"
so stupid

I sacked my director of football and hired another one, this made the blocked transfer possible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

I can see some people having issues with being asked to sign high-profile players though, which can be impossible for their level, so hopefully that gets sorted out for the full release.

Thank you for the feedback.

I'd like to pick up on the above. I've seen this mentioned a few times. This is not quite accurate. It is "High Reputation Players", and that reputation is relative to the club. For Real Madrid, that's probably going to mean "Galacticos", but at Leyton Orient it just means players of a high rep for that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

It isn't based on odds, instead it is based on attributes and circumstance.

If there is something not on the Vision that you wish to do, such as developing young players, then go for it. Just ensure that you also achieve your other goals and the board will have no issues with you.

Thanks, but was I meant was, if I keep producing youngster while still having success with the club, would that increase the possibility of having the board adapt the vision of developing young players through the youth system? If not, then I'll post it as a feature request. If it is in the game already, it's redundant to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, XaW said:

Thanks, but was I meant was, if I keep producing youngster while still having success with the club, would that increase the possibility of having the board adapt the vision of developing young players through the youth system? If not, then I'll post it as a feature request. If it is in the game already, it's redundant to do so.

The board will adopt your playing style only at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

The board will adopt your playing style only at this time.

'At this time'

Is that for the beta or the final release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pats said:

- My tactics aren't working. No matter how flawed it is.

The above aren't bugs and shouldn't be reported. The current process of reporting bugs is fine imo because it requires due diligence which makes sure only the quality bug reports are filtered through to the dev team. This is how it should be in my personal opinion.

That's legit, but surely the no. 1 Question that should have been asked by now: Why does a Simulation of semi/pro Management allow Managers easily to put up absolutely crappy tactics -- are they a Thing in actual football? This influences the AI as well, in particular considering its dynamicism (prefered traits for each AI, changes made a) according to Opposition Prior to a match and b) according to run of Play/Goals during a match). Which in turn makes the Task even more difficult for SI to check for what's what, sometimes even on their AI's end.

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

I'd like to pick up on the above. I've seen this mentioned a few times. This is not quite accurate. It is "High Reputation Players", and that reputation is relative to the club. For Real Madrid, that's probably going to mean "Galacticos", but at Leyton Orient it just means players of a high rep for that level.

I have yet to manage a club with that culture, so I've no idea how it works, but I was listening to @Zdan77's Twitch stream earlier (he gets sacked at 00:46:50 in the video) and he mentioned it. Seemed quite unreasonable and there's a few people claiming they have the same issue in his bug report, so I thought I'd mention it. Hopefully someone with the problem can share their save, in case there's a real bug there.

Cc: @Rob Heckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am now board takeover progress, how long that will take? since i am now summer 2022 and need to buy players for next season. Got 6 games with Leicester and now this :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

The board will adopt your playing style only at this time.

Ok, thanks. I'll throw in a feature request for "non-play style" visions then. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

I have yet to manage a club with that culture, so I've no idea how it works, but I was listening to @Zdan77's Twitch stream earlier (he gets sacked at 00:46:50 in the video) and he mentioned it. Seemed quite unreasonable and there's a few people claiming they have the same issue in his bug report, so I thought I'd mention it. Hopefully someone with the problem can share their save, in case there's a real bug there.

Cc: @Rob Heckman

We have that under review. As you say, examples and saves where this does not act as expected are welcome, we'll get them investigated :thup:

However, claiming that Benfica will only be satisfied by signing players like Mbappe is a little misleading and not correct*.

*correct to design, if it operates this way please do report it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

We have that under review. As you say, examples and saves where this does not act as expected are welcome, we'll get them investigated :thup:

However, claiming that Benfica will only be satisfied by signing players like Mbappe is a little misleading and not correct.

im sorry to tell you but i scouted a ton of players, david silva didnt not meet the requierement, Buffon, same, only 14 players out of 100 high top world players fitted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Brexit just happened mid-season of my second season. One of my star players is on loan from Monaco. He's on 2.2k per week. He's ineligible to be registered for the squad now and I can't even terminate his loan. 

Can we please, pleases, please take Brexit out of the game until we actually know what the results and affects of it will be on football. 

I've been saying this since they implemented it 3 years ago. It's extremely annoying and they should just wait for the outcome or at least have an option to turn it off at the start of a new save.

Last year in the beta I started a save and simmed it until the Brexit outcome to make sure it wouldn't randomly ruin my save. Then started a long term save with that save game as the brexit outcome is decided on the start of a new game. Either that or wait for full release and remove it in the editor. (I'm waiting this year)

Football Manager is the only part of my life that has been directly affected by Brexit. Especially as I choose to completely avoid politics and the news in my day to day life. Yet in my favourite video game it's forced upon me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zdan77 said:

im sorry to tell you but i scouted a ton of players, david silva didnt not meet the requierement, Buffon, same, only 14 players out of 100 high top world players fitted

Which we have under review :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

The Vision is not for the manager alone. As you say, increasing commercial income is only partially on the manager, the board will do their part too. Building a new stadium is an example of an objective that appears on the vision but is entirely on the board rather than the manager.

Fair enough, I was hoping that would be the reply. I guess I shall do my part by trying to make my players stars then! 

Out of interest, how is this weighted into board confidence? If, for example, the revenue does not increase over the 5 year plan, how much does it impact my manager? Since it probably matters, this is listed as "required". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Fair enough, I was hoping that would be the reply. I guess I shall do my part by trying to make my players stars then! 

Out of interest, how is this weighted into board confidence? If, for example, the revenue does not increase over the 5 year plan, how much does it impact my manager? Since it probably matters, this is listed as "required". 

Whilst a "required" objective will be more heavily weighted (and cannot be negotiated away), as long as you hit your other objectives, in particular the competition goals, you should be fine. Especially as this will likely in-part fulfil your end of the deal. Success = revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Whilst a "required" objective will be more heavily weighted (and cannot be negotiated away), as long as you hit your other objectives, in particular the competition goals, you should be fine. Especially as this will likely in-part fulfil your end of the deal. Success = revenue.

Excellent, thanks for the clarification! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ME updates in the near pipeline? Please...

Switching play is a joke! I need to upload the PKM, but a Right Full back switching play to the left FB and Bypassing 2 wide open MC's, one he's looking right at, is just not right.

FYI - TI of shorter passing, and the FB has take less risks!?! Actually, both do, yet it's switch after switch.

Sissoko hitting the target and being one of my best passers is hugely suspect as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

Any ME updates in the near pipeline? Please...

Switching play is a joke! I need to upload the PKM, but a Right Full back switching play to the left FB and Bypassing 2 wide open MC's, one he's looking right at, is just not right.

FYI - TI of shorter passing, and the FB has take less risks!?! Actually, both do, yet it's switch after switch.

Sissoko hitting the target and being one of my best passers is hugely suspect as well.

Sure there'll be one on the 19th when the full game releases but I'd say doubtful before then.

Edited by craigcwwe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the start of this post it stated that ' the updating of competition rules remained a work in progress' and further into it that only data and competition rule changes may require a new save and any other fixes may be save game compatible

As we are now at Hotfix 3 does it mean that everything is now ok with the competition rules or may there be changes still to them before release.  I am not so bothered about the data, however for a long term journeyman save loading or viewing all of leagues it would be imperative for the  competition rules to be updated and fixed.  

Can you advise if this is now the case or should I still wait for release for my long term save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Playing the "wrong" style of football will not get you sacked alone. Underachieving and playing the wrong style of football might.

As in past versions, if you want to ensure your job is safe, achieve and overachieve the goals set out by the Board.

It is also possible to negotiate the removal of these objectives provided they are not "required". Over time, you may see the board come around to your way of playing football, providing it has proved successful.

Got it.  But presumably a poor season consistent with the boards vision might be survived, while the same level of results not in the boards vision might well not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2D on my laptop is no more lagging, is going smoothly now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Board has been cancelled a €5m transfer for only €200k. I hope that’ll be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, stevedaytona said:

Got it.  But presumably a poor season consistent with the boards vision might be survived, while the same level of results not in the boards vision might well not?

Absolutely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ME seems to be all over the shop unfortunately. More or less unplayable until updated due to constant lobs over the top / switching play / shots from daft angles / players just ignoring their instructions to mark tight, close down, drift wide, stay narrow, yadda yadda. I don't feel like I'm controlling what's going on in the slightest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

All of this talk about takeovers and how it affects you does make you question how much realism you want?

In reality most managers don't last more than one or two seasons, but everybody would be raging if you could never really get into a long term project at a club.

It would be cool to see two modes - one fairly normal and one where it is cut throat and realistic - but it might be a weird one to try and sell.

Most management games have a sandbox mode. The more the game constrains the choices the user has - particularly in regards to player taking over and playing their favourite team in the way they want - the more FM needs one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just how work permits work these days so I'm looking for some advice - I made an offer to Real to loan Vinicius Junior but his work permit was rejected. I appealed and it got rejected again and there was an inbox message saying the proposed move was cancelled. However, the next item in my inbox however was saying he was set to move and I could accept the move. I accepted and signed him on loan but he's now in my squad with no work permit. It seems weird for there to be an inbox message saying the move was cancelled, only for the next message to allow me to sign him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Britrock said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just how work permits work these days so I'm looking for some advice - I made an offer to Real to loan Vinicius Junior but his work permit was rejected. I appealed and it got rejected again and there was an inbox message saying the proposed move was cancelled. However, the next item in my inbox however was saying he was set to move and I could accept the move. I accepted and signed him on loan but he's now in my squad with no work permit. It seems weird for there to be an inbox message saying the move was cancelled, only for the next message to allow me to sign him?

Work permits need X amount of caps normally for their nation. You have in previous FM been able to sign players with no work permits they gave you the option but you knew he couldn't play. 

 

To offer that option on a loan deal doesn't make sense though so maybe a bug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huddersfield have just offered a contract to my 16 year old newgen, who I have signed up on a pre-contract until 2022. Am I missing something about rule changes?

image.thumb.png.c95b0e6162ad833880eb8150a1e6c90c.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...