Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

One thing I really wish would get fixed are the instances of lack of logical thinking by players and now the board (via club vision). 

Two examples. 

1 - I signed a championship ready striker for half his value (1.4 million) he has premier league potential. The board are unhappy as the deal represents poor value... Erm we could literally sell him today for twice as much not 5 mins after signing him. (I'm expected to just avoid relegation). 

2 - We start brilliantly are absolutely hammering everyone. Flying at the top of the league. My captain who nobody is interested in signing suddenly decides he needs to move to a bigger club. I wish I could actually just give him a copy of the league table and point out we will be a Premier league club within months! 

Point 1 I completly agree on that should not happen.

But for point 2 I dont really see the problem sometimes players just feel they would like to move on especially if he is having a good season.

7 minutes ago, emil_sbn said:

But for point 2 I dont really see the problem sometimes players just feel they would like to move on especially if he is having a good season.

He's not even playing that well and in the summer just signed a brand new contract doubling his wages. 

Also nobody is interested in him. I even tried shopping him around a bit and nobody wanted him. So I signed a replacement and now he's getting splinters in his bottom sat on the bench. 

22 hours ago, Bakiano said:

How was this an offside, even with VAR  confirmation?

397759134_ZebrevMilan_Pitch-2.png.74a59d7380137eb0e8e13fe80b742e10.png

454156510_ZebrevMilan_Pitch.png.5b1893618b334b144aaab370b72ed55c.png

The blonde guy in black shirt scored the goal.

Referee error is included in FM20, so considering such calls are made even with VAR in real life, it doesn't surprise me that it might happen on occasion in FM20.

1 hour ago, frank_olaf said:

Is there a way to let my u19 manager decide on the tactics he uses for that team? In FM19 there was an option in Responsibilities to say I want the u19/Reserve team to play with the first team tactics or not. I can't find this option in FM20. It seems to default to the u19 team using the first team tactics.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Rehnzz said:

I was looking like crazy for this too. 

Thanks you two, I thought I was going crazy. I like my Uxxs to only train my primary tactic, and I noticed my u23 manager changed to my defensive formation. Surely it's not been removed and is hidden somewhere, though 3 of us can't find it!

8 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Thanks you two, I thought I was going crazy. I like my Uxxs to only train my primary tactic, and I noticed my u23 manager changed to my defensive formation. Surely it's not been removed and is hidden somewhere, though 3 of us can't find it!

2QieU31.png

hace 57 minutos, HUNT3R dijo:

There really wasn't. You can look in-game at the ME version to confirm it as well.

HUNT3R, can you tell me how to check the ME version?

I've been raising bugs assuming the ME version number is the same as the game version. If I were to raise a ME bug now I would label the pkm as "ME2003 TEAM1 v TEAM2", but from your comment I'm guessing that would be wrong.

5 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

I've been raising bugs assuming the ME version number is the same as the game version. If I were to raise a ME bug now I would label the pkm as "ME2003 TEAM1 v TEAM2", but from your comment I'm guessing that would be wrong.

FM > Game Status, under Game Information there is an entry for Current Version - tells you the programme version and match engine ("m.e.") version.

If I hadn't read the changelist notes, and was asked if the match engine was worked on in the last update, I would have said definitely. Maybe it's just because the visuals have been optimised, but it just 'feels' so much better. The placebo effect is strong within this update...

Regardless, I'm loving it again. 

12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

If I hadn't read the changelist notes, and was asked if the match engine was worked on in the last update, I would have said definitely. Maybe it's just because the visuals have been optimised, but it just 'feels' so much better. The placebo effect is strong within this update...

Regardless, I'm loving it again. 

I know version number is the same, and the devs said "no changes to ME", but 9 one-on-ones converted in 4 games now, pretty big coincidence.

I wonder if these partnerships are working for the AI, I assume not but they seem to have a good few

Untitled.thumb.png.8ae4bac74c9c3a57b6dc6320104e103c.png

ETA: Looks like they do, that Schlager chap is in his first season with them 

Edited by Johnny Ace

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I wonder if these partnerships are working for the AI, I assume not but they seem to have a good few

Untitled.thumb.png.8ae4bac74c9c3a57b6dc6320104e103c.png

ETA: Looks like they do, that Schlager chap is in his first season with them 

Off topic, but Schlager was a beast BBM in FM19. I wonder how he will do in FM20.

37 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

FM icon top right of the screen (left side of the date) & then Game Status, it's the same ME

Untitled.thumb.png.4c46c4bf4292305190fbd32edabd70ec.png

Cheers for your bug reports too, top work :thup:

So many goals scored from crosses and long shots it’s really boring. The ball is always played out wide why can’t advanced playmakers play through balls. I’ve got two advanced playmakers and they barely make a forward pass between them. I thought the improved striker movement would help. Same old issues, it’s so noticeable watch the goals in your division and you will notice the vast majority are scored via crosses, surly I’m not the only person to see it. 

Edited by Weller1980

2 minutes ago, RiverReveal666 said:

Have to say after the update I am seeing far more 1-1s being converted, plus more varied attacking play. I have seen there has been no ME changes, but something is making me enjoy the matches far more.

Placebo 1.... Hotfix 20.0.3 change notes....0

:D

That my friend is a placebo effect no me changes since beta release.

20 minutes ago, duwy said:

I know version number is the same, and the devs said "no changes to ME", but 9 one-on-ones converted in 4 games now, pretty big coincidence.

Fortunate roll of the internal dice / not big enough a sample size. Alternatively/additionally, not every one on one may be equal opporunity, and you may have scored the easier ones to convert (which may actually be one of the flaws as to feedback as to one on ones every year -- they're all treated perfectly equal opportunity, when they never were on any release). :D Plus, issues to be addressed may only apply to a specific Kind of Play (happened before).

Edited by Svenc

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In fairness, we've only got SI's word for that, it could be a cunning ploy to see if anybody notices

#tinfoil 

Dave you have been hitting it out of the ballpark today. I think I upvoted 10 of your posts today :-)

Trevor L.

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In fairness, we've only got SI's word for that, it could be a cunning ploy to see if anybody notices

#tinfoil 

You could be right. Just played a few games and most of my goals and ai goals were scored via crosses I’m sure it wasn’t like that prior to the update.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, iolodavanki said:

C+ 

The 1-1 draw with Norwich cast a shadow over our triple-winning season. LOL!

image.thumb.png.7f738a796043407f3d0aebb4d9d79810.png

Would be worth raising here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/696-football-manager-2020-pre-release-beta-bug-forum/

C+ seems harsh unless you have done incredibly badly on the other objectives, even considering the fact Liverpool are expected to win the Premier Division and challenge for the Champions Cup.

Drawing with Norwich at home is pretty bad though :lol:

I haven't read through the entire thread but surely there are way, way, WAY too many scoring chances/shots? I'm 7 games into Serie A and a selection of results i have seen is:

Milan-Verona 4-0 (shots 33-0)

Roma-Sampdoria 1-0 (shots 40-6 (!!!!!))

Inter-Brescia 6-1 (shots 37-2)

Lecce-Milan 0-7 (shots 5-37)

Inter-Verona 6-0 (shots 39-2)

Atalanta-Lecce 2-0 (shots 33-2)

Lecce-Napoli 0-2 (shots 2-34)

Aside from the fact that the bottom teams are getting absolutely demolished by virtually everyone, those shots stats are way off. Around half of those 30-40 shots are on target. As a comparison from a IRL match between top vs bottom Inter beat Brescia 2-1 a week ago, with a total of 8 shots on target between them.

Also noticed the top teams, Inter in particular where i would expect Conte to rather play a striker as a central defender than change formation, are abandoning their "main formation" in most home games right from the start, playing some kind of ultra attacking 4-3-3 with three central strikers. 

2 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

2QieU31.png

Thanks for that, it helped, but I had taken control of training so have the U23 and U18 in the side bar and when it's like that there is no option in Dev Centre or in squads, now I've set it I can change first team without effecting Uxx formation.

So to sort it go Dev Centre use drop down for uXX select tactic then you can set primary formation for each of your uXX squads. If no option then go to next line:onmehead:

If you have control of your uXX side then go to staff responsiblities and delegate all your uXX tasks, then do above step, then you can put your staff responsibilities back to your preference.

Edited by toffee71

What's with all the cross field passing / missed 1 on 1s?

No matter what tactic I play, it's the same. Hit it wide. Hesitate in a good crossing position. Pull the ball back and either a) lose possession, b) put in a cross when all the defenders are now back.

Frustrating :(

1 hour ago, balldoktor81 said:

still laggy as hell!!! GTX 1060/Ryzen 5 1600/16 GB RAM with up to date drivers. and still max. 52 fps with drop down to 40/41... on high. Very Low/Low solves the problem but it's unacceptable!!!

I just gave up on this

Hope in the 19th we will get better ME and smooth animations 

• SI Staff
38 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Why can't I every change the Club Vision? I've looked everywhere at the beginning and again, when I was offered a new contract and I cannot find anywhere that I can change or add to it.

You are offered the chance to negotiate the Club Vision at the end of every season. You are also offered this chance at the start of a new save with a club and when interviewing for a new job.

37 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

You are offered the chance to negotiate the Club Vision at the end of every season. You are also offered this chance at the start of a new save with a club and when interviewing for a new job.

So, I went to that and absolutely NOWHERE could you add to it. You basically had to follow what the board wanted. You could negotiate what the board wanted, but couldn't add your own

Edited by Deisler26

Just now, Deisler26 said:

So, I went to that and absolutely NOWHERE could you add to it. You basically had to follow what the board wanted.

How well did you do during the season? Maybe they don't have confidence in you.

Did I miss a rule change about Champions League places?  I just mathematically guaranteed top 4 with a game to spare and got a notification about qualifying for the EURO Cup. 

I know they've discussed eliminating the 4th CL place for all nations, but I didn't think that was final.  Am I wrong?

(Also, and I know this is a known issue that will be fixed in the final release, two players are unhappy that I haven't qualified for the Champions League.  I'll quality for the CL as long as I don't lose my last game by ten goals.)

• SI Staff
22 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

So, I went to that and absolutely NOWHERE could you add to it. You basically had to follow what the board wanted. You could negotiate what the board wanted, but couldn't add your own

You can add competition objectives to the 5 Year Plan using the menu in the bottom left.

You cannot add to the Club Culture. This is the Board's Vision, not the Manager's.

However, if you become known for overachieving using a certain style of football, there's a chance the board will adopt it...

6 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

You can add competition objectives to the 5 Year Plan using the menu in the bottom left.

You cannot add to the Club Culture. This is the Board's Vision, not the Manager's.

However, if you become known for overachieving using a certain style of football, there's a chance the board will adopt it...

You're kidding me?? What??? I don't like that at all. 

Takeover

I spent 7 seasons building a solid foundation, getting between 10th-3rd places.

Spent all this time raising children and making small profits of of players until i had amounted a nice 60 mill in my transfer budget, thought this was the year. 

My 5 year plan was realisticly to establish Brescia as a Serie A team.

Suddenly- A takeover affair begins. My transfer windows became unmanageable, for 2 years. Every window, same problems.

The takeover happens. They take all the money i have saved up,all my hard work. Sign some Ukrainian player against my will, valued 5 million Euro, for 60 million Euro. 

They change the club vision to qualifying for Champions League, every year. To play heavy possession, entertaining, high pace attacking football.

No money left, they invested 0 Euros into the club

My team is poor, i won't be able to live up to this. 

I've been Man United'd

How my FM 20 story ended.

Thanks, i hate it.

Cuckold simulator 20-