Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

6 minutes ago, kosecki99 said:

Well, I think you could take advantage of updating the ME with this hotfix, and have the latest version of the ME, because it needs some important tweaks.

Things get tested internally first before getting to the Beta version, let alone the release on the 19th.  SI are fully aware of what the advantages are and when they should be applied.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 минуты назад, kandersson сказал:

Used to do Alt+F9? Thanks anyway.

Alt F4 :D If you use f12 (default steam screenshot button) you need to search in D:\Games\Steam\userdata but more simple from Steam interface (show in disk or something like this in your localization) because folders names are numbers :idiot:

Can we have an option to give our director instructions with the signings he initiates?

I like him doing the initial bids and then finalizing or renegotiating them if i fancy the player.

But he keeps signing NonEU players, which if im not really careful can affect my " One NonEU player per season " quota really badly.

Would be nice if we could instruct him to sign only national, Eu nationals etc.

Ty for your time and for a great game

Honestly, FM 2020 looks to me like updated version of FM 2019, but quite enjoyable for now!

Just quick question! Maybe I'm missing something, but why I can't discipline player after he played badly? I know code of conduct is set before season, but there isn't anything related for bad performance...

4 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

You've got to laugh a little bit at some reactions here, I must admit I think the ME is poor to the point where it takes the enjoyment out of the game but we do need to give them some kind of chance to fix it for full release.

If they didn't mention it in those hot fix notes then everybody would be piping up that it's a disgrace and they aren't even looking at it.

now they do acknowledge it, it's now the case this is as good as it's going to get and people kicking off.

Let's see what it's like on full release...

The way I've looked at the Beta is that it's a great way for SI to get a huge amount of eyes on the product. But, it's a Beta, so I'm probably going to find issues.  I'm happy to play the game as a tester for what was a 10% discount of the game (I pre-ordered weeks ago), and report issues for SI to look at.  If we all do that, I'm pretty sure the full release will be better for it.  SI want a great product as much as we do - and you only need to look at the volume of reports coming in to see they must be working long hours - so I'm not sure some of the comments help, but it's the modern world I guess.

1 hour ago, thejay said:

this does not inspire confidence.

This means the beta match engine is the most current match engine and not like some users suggested an older version of the match engine.

Having so many blatant issues so close to release  in the most current version does not sound good at all

It's still a beta.

Issues should be expected, and given the huge amount of data SI will be collecting, you should have at least some degree of confidence that they know what they're doing and any glaring issues will be fixed.

hace 2 horas, Bakiano dijo:

Not beta related, but is it better to skip the briefings or just handle it to your AM?

NEVER delegate the briefing, or your AM could change key tactical components like putting personal marking on an opponent (at least in FM 18 and 19). I always skip the briefing due to feeling it is kind of pointless

4 minutes ago, Luke Cro said:

Honestly, FM 2020 looks to me like updated version of FM 2019, but quite enjoyable for now!

Just quick question! Maybe I'm missing something, but why I can't discipline player after he played badly? I know code of conduct is set before season, but there isn't anything related for bad performance...

My captain both showed up for training and missed training the same day, and i am powerless. And now my other players are getting angry at me for not punishing him, but i can't cause he showed up for the training he missed.

fm_tudQRmZLse.png

7 minutes ago, Rehnzz said:

Can we have an option to give our director instructions with the signings he initiates?

I like him doing the initial bids and then finalizing or renegotiating them if i fancy the player.

But he keeps signing NonEU players, which if im not really careful can affect my " One NonEU player per season " quota really badly.

Would be nice if we could instruct him to sign only national, Eu nationals etc.

Ty for your time and for a great game

Some extra instructions for the DoF could be handy, so could be an idea to raise this in the Feature Requests forum.

Until it happens though, always keep an eye on what he's up to and never let him finalise anything :thup:.

1 minute ago, Rehnzz said:

My captain both showed up for training and missed training the same day, and i am powerless. And now my other players are getting angry at me for not punishing him, but i can't cause he showed up for the training he missed.

fm_tudQRmZLse.png

Definitely one for the bugs forum.

1 minute ago, Rehnzz said:

fm_tudQRmZLse.png

Double-session? Turned up for the 1st, missed the 2nd?

2 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

Double-session? Turned up for the 1st, missed the 2nd?

I got reports he had been clubbing at night. What a legend, showing up for the morning shift and getting pissed for lunch and missing for 3 days.

He makes Xhaka look a great captain 

Edited by Rehnzz

FM 19 was by far my least played FM in over 20 years of playing the game and so far 20 feels more of the same. Similar complaints to many I suppose, the lazer passes between fullbacks being the most frustrating so far. A lot of the play is the same predictable carbon copy goals we have seen since 17 or 18.

Otoh a lot of the new features are really good. I love the development centre and the club and player goals etc. 

I really like 2020 but there is some bugs and problems that i would like to say. I will tell each of it in here...

- It really takes too many times to move forward in time or when you want to go on vacation. For example it took 6 hours to past 1.5 season. 
- Players wont pas in 2v1 position.
-My strikes scores 1/3 in compare to my winger.
-When you create a club, the loan players go back to club. For example, i picked Galatasaray for creating club and Lemina, Nzonzi and Seri went back to their club.
-***When you watch the matches in 3D fps lowers too much*** (I have GTX1050Ti)
-You cant basically wont make f**king board happy about transfers. I signed Almada for 5 million and he scored 12 goals and 14 assist in first season. His value 15 but board B- for him. I signed a defender for 10 million totally mistake that i made and they scored A+. What the hell?
-YOU CANT SCORE 1V1. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? 

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, andu1 said:

@Seb Wassell   I see that AI staff/managers have preferred styles ( tiki taka, gegenpress etc) now which seems like a very neat addition. Are these dynamic or fixed based on their attributes? 

It is based on a manager's attributes and tendencies.

May 20/21 with Liverpool, I just beat City to go 1 point clear with one match less played and four matches remaining of the season. I am now a 90% chance of winnning the PL, I would say. I am also in the FA cup and CL final. Yet i suddenly receive a notification from the board that they are very disappointed that I have failed to challenge for the PL title. I had to beg for more time and was lucky to be given more time. Must be a bug? Disregarding that I am in pole position to win the title, how can the board with four games left decide I failed? Also, the players wanted to have a team meeting because I failed and I had to tell them we will challenge next season instead, lol.

image.thumb.png.66cdffe3f99cf49fb030477d9e4a7861.png

image.thumb.png.34314cd2c18c74a3aaceece6d9f71261.png

image.thumb.png.514ac8b0862fc95a7fbde1130d14a972.png

Edited by iolodavanki
adding screenies

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Does that mean they're static and won't change as the manager grows and improves?  Either way, it's a neat little thing.

Only if the attributes change, which they can as a manager improves.

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, iolodavanki said:

April 20/21 with Liverpool, I just beat City to go 1 point clear with one match less played and four matches remaining of the season. I am now a 90% chance of winnning the PL, I would say. I am also in the FA cup and CL final. Yet i suddenly receive a notification from the board that they are very disappointed that I have failed to challenge for the PL title. I had to beg for more time and was lucky to be given more time. Must be a bug? Disregarding that I am in pole position to win the title, how can the board with four games left decide I failed? Also, the players wanted to have a team meeting because I failed and I had to tell them we will challenge next season instead, lol.

This is a known issue, cheers.

2 minutes ago, iolodavanki said:

Ok, thanks! I will leave my post up just to boast that I beat City 7-0 and have Kane, Haaland and Sancho :cool:

Get that filth out of my club, what have you done to Bobby ? xD

Is there a way to let my u19 manager decide on the tactics he uses for that team? In FM19 there was an option in Responsibilities to say I want the u19/Reserve team to play with the first team tactics or not. I can't find this option in FM20. It seems to default to the u19 team using the first team tactics.

Thanks.

42 minutes ago, Icy said:

20.0.3 has fixed all my Macbook pro issues! no more high load or fans noise nor battery drained, thanks!!

That is good news. I haven't checked, but if you did have a thread open, please report it there too. It will be very useful info to SI.

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

It's still a beta.

Issues should be expected, and given the huge amount of data SI will be collecting, you should have at least some degree of confidence that they know what they're doing and any glaring issues will be fixed.

But some of these are problems that were in FM19 too. 

1v1s isn't a new problem. Long shot goals aren't a new problem. They may be exacerbated in the beta but they're holdover issues from the previous game. If they haven't fixed them in the previous seven months, then will they in the next two weeks? 

Not sure what would scare me most: whether they're not smart enough to spot these issues, or them not being able to fix them. 

Im kinda tired of the switch flank ball. Too many of them, my playstyle is always short pass controll possesion. But its seem the game doesnt care, full back and dc keep blasting the ball foward or the other side even i have play out of defense. Its so annoying, all defender in both team have the passing skill of david  beckham, the quality of the long pass is isanely accurate

Player keeping the ball too long for no reason

1v1 is kinda meh anf the goal keeper just all david de gea

26 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Is there a way to let my u19 manager decide on the tactics he uses for that team? In FM19 there was an option in Responsibilities to say I want the u19/Reserve team to play with the first team tactics or not. I can't find this option in FM20. It seems to default to the u19 team using the first team tactics.

Thanks.

I was looking like crazy for this too. 

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

There is an assumption that these are the same issues, which is not correct. There have been a huge number of iterations internally between FM19 and FM20 Beta. The same symptom often does not have the same cause, especially following the ME team's extensive work on attacking movement this year.

I'll believe this if they fix them... 

Just now, bobbyb12345 said:

I'll believe this if they fix them... 

Can we just appreciate how amazing the goalkeepers function and see the positives.

Do you remember the state of goalkeepers for the past years?

Now people are miffed that they are too good instead.

A lot improved, you can feel the difference in the way your players move around the pitch with your traits and individual instructions.

Not to mention, there has been a pretty fair amount of long distance goals lately. It doesn't seem completely out of order.

1 v 1's maybe could use some tuning, but i'd rather have difficult 1 v 1's than my goalkeeper scoring own goals just to have a laugh at me

Just now, duwy said:

Are you sure there were no updates to the match engine? :) In my first two games after the update, 5 one-on-ones were converted.

Neil Brock said there were no ME changes with this update today so yeah, no ME changes atm, however I did just score two in one game just now. :thup:

2 minutes ago, duwy said:

Are you sure there were no updates to the match engine? :) In my first two games after the update, 5 one-on-ones were converted.

There really wasn't. You can look in-game at the ME version to confirm it as well.

One thing I really wish would get fixed are the instances of lack of logical thinking by players and now the board (via club vision). 

Two examples. 

1 - I signed a championship ready striker for half his value (1.4 million) he has premier league potential. The board are unhappy as the deal represents poor value... Erm we could literally sell him today for twice as much not 5 mins after signing him. (I'm expected to just avoid relegation). 

2 - We start brilliantly are absolutely hammering everyone. Flying at the top of the league. My captain who nobody is interested in signing suddenly decides he needs to move to a bigger club. I wish I could actually just give him a copy of the league table and point out we will be a Premier league club within months!