Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

Yes.

Please note there may be some issues that require a new game for a resolution however.

such as? if its literally just data then its fine.. but for stuff such like match engine or general game bugs like listed in 1st post they save game comp

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Added a few known issues to the opening post here, so feel free to check them out. 

Have you fixed the issue of me mostly being a bit rubbish?

Just now, SortitoutsiVP said:

Don't want to speak for Mons so I'm afraid I can't answer that. Please bare in mind that like the game itself this is only the beta version and there will be a larger update when the full game is released.

Sorry best I can do!

I've already folded and using what's there. I normally get through 2/3 games on beta so will update later thanks.

I am so excited :D like you guys knew, I was coming home from work :D 

1 minute ago, daveh83 said:

such as? if its literally just data then its fine.. but for stuff such like match engine or general game bugs like listed in 1st post they save game comp

Data and competition & rulegroup issues mostly. ME and gameplay will mostly be save compatible.

However, this is a beta and so there is always the possibility of an issue being raised for which the fix requires a new game.

Noticed one thing, not sure if intentional or a bug but Juventus lost their badge and their name has been changed to "Zebre". Is this intentional or should I report that as a bug? 

off topic but just thinking then while I have a jd and coke and on 60% download so far,although its super convenient of just downloading it now and playing, I miss the thrill of night before knowing the game was out, up early in morning running down to my local game and buying it, on bus straight home with a big smile on me face,, ah well this jd is kicking in and I cant wait to start a everton save 

1 minute ago, SazoJohnno said:

Noticed one thing, not sure if intentional or a bug but Juventus lost their badge and their name has been changed to "Zebre". Is this intentional or should I report that as a bug? 

licencing issues I think, like in FIFA

1 minute ago, SazoJohnno said:

Not a bug, licensing.

Fantastic! I plan to play entirely too much over the next few weeks, and happy to provide feedback, but have a 5 post limit as a new poster. When does that lift? So many posts? Days?

3 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

This is for licencing reasons.

I'm assuming, in-game editor will be available on the launch day. Is that true?

Polish letters (typing) and ctrl+a combination to select all are not working for me

Enjoying the jovial tone and optimism.

It won't be longer, however, until the forensic analysis of the Match Engine commences and the thread becomes full of people moaning. 

Shame. :seagull:

Are imported graphics working? Got them set up in the FM20 folder same as I did for FM19 and when I click the reload skin when confirming changes in preferences tick and then confirm nothing loads and it just goes straight back to main menu.

Game is REALLY juttery for me. FM19 was fine but general gameplay on '20 is struggling and the match day experience is unbearable atm. Players not moving freely at all, even 2D is a real struggle.

Am playing on a 2010 MacBook Pro / 10.13.1 OS High Sierra.

Anyone got any ideas?

1 minute ago, Boss said:

Game is REALLY juttery for me. FM19 was fine but general gameplay on '20 is struggling and the match day experience is unbearable atm. Players not moving freely at all, even 2D is a real struggle.

Anyone got any ideas?

they might have improved it now beyond your laptop I mean a 9 year old MacBook mate?

It was the 34+ pages on the speculation thread, wasn't it? 

Downloading. I'll be back if I have a comment. But I'll probably be too busy playing. 

18 minuti fa, Bakiano ha scritto:

I am so excited :D like you guys knew, I was coming home from work :D 

I will spend the next hours of my life to check and compare with last year all juventus players :D

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

Anyone got any ideas?

Please post in the technical issues of the forum where we'll able to help you better.

2 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I will spend the next hours of my life to check and compare with last year all juventus players :D

you mean Zebre players.....

In questo momento, kamackeris ha scritto:

you mean Zebre players.....

💔

3 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I am doing that right now haha

Weird thing to see that Douglas Costa is on the transfer list..

5 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

they might have improved it now beyond your laptop I mean a 9 year old MacBook mate?

I get that, but strange for it to go from fine to unplayable in one go.

Any changes to the team instructions and player instructions screens? Anyone?

Just installed and starting a new save

30 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Added a few known issues to the opening post here, so feel free to check them out. 

When you say that updating competition rules is a work in progress, are you able to say whether the new European club competition confirmed in the live stream by Miles is implemented and working yet? Just want to make sure before I start a save and will probs run a holiday to check if you don't know or can't say :)

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

It is x64 now, though, so I think they must have done some rather structural changes.

2 minuti fa, Bakiano ha scritto:

I am doing that right now haha

Weird thing to see that Douglas Costa is on the transfer list..

Mmm, strange yes..
Try to post everything here that maybe something will be fixed bef the release of the final game :D 

6 minutes ago, Boss said:

Firstly it is Beta and secondly in gaming industry things move much faster in hardware requirements.

56 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Quick shout out to those guys from the beta speculation thread, all 40 pages and 2 days banter was worth the wait. Probably not going to be on the forums the next few days, been nice knowing ya

It's been real. 

Same plan next year? :D

3 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Mmm, strange yes..
Try to post everything here that maybe something will be fixed bef the release of the final game :D 

I posted it :D 

Buffon has a trait called "Gets crowd going" :D 

Sorry for being daft, but preferences; where's stuff like "landing page"?

In questo momento, Bakiano ha scritto:

I posted it :D 

Buffon has a trait called "Gets crowd going" :D 

:thup: 

I want they put ''He will retire in 2045.. maybe.''

Anyone worked out how to install new skins/logo packs etc on the beta yet? Can't seem to navigate around the new preferences interface! 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

Is this worth downloading now or are my better waiting?

Considering first post, what will be updating etc. I would just go for fun save for beta. As maybe some features or updates need fresh game.

22 minutes ago, CountTrapula said:

Are imported graphics working? Got them set up in the FM20 folder same as I did for FM19 and when I click the reload skin when confirming changes in preferences tick and then confirm nothing loads and it just goes straight back to main menu.

There's a "Reset" dropdown setting on the preferences menu, bottom left corner. Clear cache can be clicked from there and then change the skin from the interface menu. Voila!

It is strange that they did not announced these new traits. People would have loved them and talking more about their impact.

3 minutes ago, glosoli said:

There's a "Reset" dropdown setting on the preferences menu, bottom left corner. Clear cache can be clicked from there and then change the skin from the interface menu. Voila!

Tried this and still same issue. It doesn't try to load in the graphics like it normally would.

Happened past year as well, but in a macbook pro the fans are at full speed in that intro screen and it sounds like if somebody was mining crypto, if you let it idle in that screen, the battery is drained really fast.

Is there a way to disable the 3d Avatar from that home screen?

1 minute ago, CountTrapula said:

Tried this and still same issue. It doesn't try to load in the graphics like it normally would.

You should force the load by changing the skin. I changed it to Dark skin after clearing the cache and it worked.

Something that I think is an unannounced feature - the second tier of Welsh football is now available!

4 minutes ago, glosoli said:

You should force the load by changing the skin. I changed it to Dark skin after clearing the cache and it worked.

Restarted game, did what you said and it's worked. Thanks for that mate!

35 minutes ago, CountTrapula said:

12 minutes ago, Lee1991 said:

Anyone worked out how to install new skins/logo packs etc on the beta yet? Can't seem to navigate around the new preferences interface! 🤷🏼‍♂️

10 minutes ago, glosoli said:

If you can figure out these things then go for it.  Just remember however this is Beta which is designed for testing the "vanilla" game, so until things settle down a bit you may want to hold off on installing all sorts of additional files.

7 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Something that I think is an unannounced feature - the second tier of Welsh football is now available!

We['ve been working hard on it the last few days, so expect to see many improvements for the release version of the game for that level.

9 minutes ago, glosoli said:

The logos are working for me but the faces not working...