Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, luka_ said:

AI is constantly making perfect touchline shouts with their whole team being green always. Not once do AI **** up with their shouts. A bit on a cheat side if you ask me.

I often see 'red' reactions from the AI controlled teams. I guess it must depend on the reputation of the manager, or at least that has some sort of effect. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, thejay said:

If they are so aware of all the issues, why the need for pkms for the most obvious problems which are apparent in almost any game? 

So they can discover more quickly the root cause of the issue(s). There are thousands of combinations of tactical styles and instructions. The more pkms the devs get, the more it helps them pinpoint where the issue comes from. Not everyone will have exactly the same problem with this engine. 

11 ore fa, Seb Wassell ha scritto:

Not certain I understand your question, are you referring to the sidebar icons? If so, these now only appear when you take control of that team. Otherwise you can access them under the Dev Centre.

I mean: the youth teams for Italian leagues are U19 and U17 as IRL or U20 and U18 as in FM19?

21 minutes ago, thejay said:

If they are so aware of all the issues, why the need for pkms for the most obvious problems which are apparent in almost any game? 

It's been posted elsewhere but the general jist of it is SI have an advanced Match Engine in which they can re-run the pkm's you upload and see what changes with subsequent ME changes. 

So having more pkm's will always be worthwhile, because there's more instances to test changes to the underlying logic/decision making process within the ME.

The current match engine feels a lot less frustrating than FM19's. It still has its flaws (cross-field switches of play, lack of first-time crosses and lack of through balls are of course the biggest gripes) but it's a step in the right direction.

2 hours ago, luka_ said:

AI is constantly making perfect touchline shouts with their whole team being green always. Not once do AI **** up with their shouts. A bit on a cheat side if you ask me.

Also let's tone down on the cross field balls pretty please. They're a joke.

I see AI managers making non-optimal shouts (players becoming frustrated etc) a decent amount, to me it seems okay.

57 minutes ago, thejay said:

The more examples from the widest possible range of gameplay styles, setups, tactics the better. It might be easy for us users to notice it in the match engine but in the code behind the scenes it might be incredibly difficult to see what specifically is causing the imbalance, and addressing that imbalance without messing something else up might be even harder.

Is it possible to change the format of the Ratings you get from the board? I really like the new rating system but A-F grading feels a bit out of place for a Dutch person. If it is not possible I will post a feature request, think it would be nice if it was possible to change the format to 1-10 ratings or 10-1 as i think our German neighbors tend to do it.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb thejay:

besides the broken clubvision thing (you over archieve a goal and the club says you are far away from archieving your goals) the biggest issue for me is clearly the 1on1's.

Still not saw only one 1on1 which resulted in a goal.

If they got this things sorted out i think the game and the ME is really good. But especially the club vision thing kills every save, if they not fix this asap this will result in a lot frustration and demotivation.

Edited by KiLLu12258

4 hours ago, eye-switcher said:

What do you think of the amount VAR disallowed goals per game? I have roughly around 3 per game. This is by far the most annoying feature in the game and sucking the enjoyment out of the game.

What do you think about the amout hitting the woodwork?

What do you think about the missed sitters when strikers are alone with the goalies?

The rest i can live with, even with the ultra tough club vision and grading from Wolves that really should have the data departement have a second look

VAR seems to be consistent with real life at the moment,  very annoying (and thus realistic).

Not noticed the woodwork issue 

The sitters are my main problem, along with the crossfield pinpoint passes 

We must be realistic, for those who understand a bit of real football, this ME is completely unbalanced. It is useless for many scribe: "I am surprised by the negative comments, I do not detect anything wrong". Or "you're probably wrong in the team settings". Do you really think that there are only inexperienced FM people here? I am sure that for the release of 19 they will resolve but do not offend our intelligence please!

6 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

The ME isnt all that bad. I actually think it's a massive improvement over FM19. Really don't understand people who are abandoning the game due to it. 

Waiting on an update isn't abandoning the game :D

The ME has bugs, watching a match of two teams doing buggy things isn't fun. Watching matches in FM15 is fun because the games play out as expected  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Waiting on an update isn't abandoning the game :D

The ME has bugs, watching a match of two teams doing buggy things isn't fun. Watching matches in FM15 is fun because the games play out as expected  

I think the passing fluidity etc in FM20 is miles ahead of what we've ever had before. The bugs in it don't annoy me anywhere near as much as prior MEs. 

Personal feeling and preferences I guess. 

What is annoying me about FM20 are little bugs that should really have been picked up. 

- club vision seems incredibly harsh. (Klopp got sacked after winning the league). 

- Partnerships just don't seem to work at all. I've had 1 develop in 2.5 seasons. 

- Players who just signed new deals demanding moves to bigger clubs even though they are playing at a level above their ability and nobody wants to sign them. 

- The board reacting badly to the finances of a deal. You pay 4 million for a player worth 8 million and they lose their minds and say its a terrible financial deal and we overpaid. 

The ME is the least annoying of the issues I've come across. Not that it doesn't have its issues (cross field balls, long shots and one on one's, long balls etc) 

23 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

The ME isnt all that bad. I actually think it's a massive improvement over FM19. Really don't understand people who are abandoning the game due to it. 

If you don't understand, then go and check out Nic Madden's post in the ME bugs forum. He clearly states that the main concerns raised by users (e.g. prevalence of cross-field passes, 1v1 conversion rates, goals from long range) are shared by the developers

My best guess based on a couple of test seasons is that player decisions in the attacking phase favour a pass to the flank or a high-risk cross-field ball, rather than taking clear opportunities to play in team mates ahead of them.

I'd say 1v1 conversion rates (clean through on goal with no defenders to exert pressure) are around 10-15%, when they should be 30-40%. Using a season-long sample size, I'd also say goals from long range are over-represented by about 10-15%.

Users want balance in the ME. The root of the frustration is that many of the issues from last year are still present, and are evidently very difficult to address.  

Edited by rdbayly

3 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I think the passing fluidity etc in FM20 is miles ahead of what we've ever had before. The bugs in it don't annoy me anywhere near as much as prior MEs. 

Personal feeling and preferences I guess. 

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, FM20 is the best in the series but the ME is massive to me, I want to play while watching good football not yelling at my players doing wonky things so I've taken a step back 

2 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

What is annoying me about FM20 are little bugs that should really have been picked up. 

- club vision seems incredibly harsh. (Klopp got sacked after winning the league). 

- Partnerships just don't seem to work at all. I've had 1 develop in 2.5 seasons. 

- Players who just signed new deals demanding moves to bigger clubs even though they are playing at a level above their ability and nobody wants to sign them. 

- The board reacting badly to the finances of a deal. You pay 4 million for a player worth 8 million and they lose their minds and say its a terrible financial deal and we overpaid. 

The ME is the least annoying of the issues I've come across. Not that it doesn't have its issues (cross field balls, long shots and one on one's, long balls etc) 

See, I can live with wonky off the field stuff. It's just the beta, hopefully everything will end up sweet 

On 10/11/2019 at 00:25, Dagenham_Dave said:

doing

I believe fm 2018 has been the best me up until now. Fm 2019 me was horrendous. This one looks promising. One of the things I noticed was players not passing topeople in a better position to score. This does happen in real life but I used to believe people with higher teamwork would be abit more unselfish. 

Just now, Purple said:

I believe fm 2018 has been the best me up until now. Fm 2019 me was horrendous. This one looks promising. One of the things I noticed was players not passing topeople in a better position to score. This does happen in real life but I used to believe people with higher teamwork would be abit more unselfish. 

The most extreme example in this BETA build is when wide players (that do brilliantly to beat their man and get in behind) shoot at the side netting when the ball is literally on the byline and strikers are free for a tap in :idiot:

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Neil Brock:

New hotfix, solely to address stability issues has been released. More details here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/501088-football-manager-2020-pre-release-beta-hotfix-2004-out-now/

Thanks. 

is it planned that we get a bigger update before release?

new problems will arise then for sure, so we should get the chance to test that asap.

Edited by KiLLu12258

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I've been getting invested in FM15 over the weekend, taking a break from 20 until there are some ME updates :D

Honestly I wouldn't mind going back to older ones but without new players and newer mechanics it's a struggle for me. The lack of IF's for youth is poor before 18 and the constant bombardment of wanting to play more games really pi**es me off. If someone did a new database with 15-17 i'd be happily playing them forever. Also you can't miss out the report only card for scouting, best last addition we ever had, more useful for scouting than most lol. 

14 minutes ago, BigV said:

Honestly I wouldn't mind going back to older ones but without new players and newer mechanics it's a struggle for me. The lack of IF's for youth is poor before 18 and the constant bombardment of wanting to play more games really pi**es me off. If someone did a new database with 15-17 i'd be happily playing them forever. Also you can't miss out the report only card for scouting, best last addition we ever had, more useful for scouting than most lol. 

Yeah, it does take some adjusting but the ME is rewarding. It'll only be for a week or so anyway but I'll keep the save :D  

3 минуты назад, Johnny Ace сказал:

Yeah, it does take some adjusting but the ME is rewarding. It'll only be for a week or so anyway but I'll keep the save :D  

Just can't realize how you can use version with old ChL system, without hierarchy, a lot of interface features and so old squads :idiot::) FM15 has nice ME but unfortunatelly for me difficult to play in reasons above

2 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Just can't realize how you can use version with old ChL system, without hierarchy, a lot of interface features and so old squads :idiot::) FM15 has nice ME but unfortunatelly for me difficult to play in reasons above

I miss delegating press conferences to the ass. man the most :D

47 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

44 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I miss delegating press conferences to the ass. man the most :D

Yes, and remember that chap in one of the other threads who confidently claimed the game hadn't changed in five years! :lol:

Can't deny I'm a bit frustrated that the hotfix only fixes one item, and I never even experienced that. Was expecting at least the fix for a big, impacting portuguese league bug already acknowledged and supposedly fixed by SI, if it's done there should be no reason to have to wait for 19th to have it. Also, 10 iterations of the ME since Beta was released and we can't experiment any of them.... kinda breaks Beta's purpose imo.

Rant over, I do understand the perks of playing a Beta version. All good. 

Edited by 99

I don't understand how you can bring out a beta with so many obvious flaws when the overall game is not hugely different from last year, I mean what have you actually been doing for 12 months?

However....I accept a beta is our chance to play and iron out issues so I welcome it and I welcome the bug reporting forum.

What I really do not get is that when I have posted a bug in said forum by following the template and uploading my save game and then get NO REPLY from anyone to acknowledge the bug and whether it is being looked it, has been received, is it fixed etc.

I have bought FM for 10 years straight and first started playing back in the CM days so am a huge fan of the game however I don't honestly see how I can go on with purchasing in the future when I don't believe the developers are genuinely interested in user feedback.

I also realise that this post probably means sod all to anyone but I feel better for writing it.

5 minutes ago, Jethers said:

I don't understand how you can bring out a beta with so many obvious flaws when the overall game is not hugely different from last year, I mean what have you actually been doing for 12 months?

However....I accept a beta is our chance to play and iron out issues so I welcome it and I welcome the bug reporting forum.

What I really do not get is that when I have posted a bug in said forum by following the template and uploading my save game and then get NO REPLY from anyone to acknowledge the bug and whether it is being looked it, has been received, is it fixed etc.

I have bought FM for 10 years straight and first started playing back in the CM days so am a huge fan of the game however I don't honestly see how I can go on with purchasing in the future when I don't believe the developers are genuinely interested in user feedback.

I also realise that this post probably means sod all to anyone but I feel better for writing it.

If you're referring to the ME. 

14 minutes ago, 99 said:

Can't deny I'm a bit frustrated that the hotfix only fixes one item, and I never even experienced that. Was expecting at least the fix for a big, impacting portuguese league bug already acknowledged and supposedly fixed by SI, if it's done there should be no reason to have to wait for 19th to have it. Also, 10 iterations of the ME since Beta was released and we can't experiment any of them.... kinda breaks Beta's purpose imo.

13 minutes ago, 99 said:

13 minutes ago, 2calvin said:

Yep!!!!!!!! :(:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(:( 

2.0.3 was an improvement

2.0.4 has made it unplayable for me again. Laptop sounding like a jumbo jet

I have the same problem as you. Mine was an improvement but the latest patch sounfds like my laptop is going to take off.

I was wondering what causes it, the game is the same specs as last year. The high fan very off putting.

Is there any more information about the boards club vision? I am expected to “develop my youth academy to one of the best in the country” and while I am handing youth players first team appearances in cup and even league fixtures, I’m not really sure how I’m meant to develop my youth academy any further given we have the best possibly rated academy. Currently the board are disappointed with me when it comes to this task and not sure why. Any ideas? Are they expecting me to buy more youth players? How does the board measure the development of my youth academy?

14 minutes ago, d d said:

I have the same problem as you. Mine was an improvement but the latest patch sounfds like my laptop is going to take off.

I was wondering what causes it, the game is the same specs as last year. The high fan very off putting.

FM doesn't take control of your Fan curve.

Your fans are reacting to heat being generated.

CPU's tend to generate more heat in Laptops than GPU's. The performance tab in Task Manager (ctrl-alt-delete) will show you clock speeds and CPU utlilization %. I would check these numbers both in and out of a match situation.

You can do the same with GPU, normally you get some dedicated software pre-installed on your laptop or you can download a 3rd party tool, easy to find.

You should get a clue as to what is going on. 

As match calculations are done before the GPU renders the 3d match, i wouldn't expect CPU usage to be that high 'mid match'.

At some point i'll do this on my laptop, then compare and contrast vs FM19

Edited by Mr U Rosler

24 minutes ago, Jethers said:

Hang on, wasn't the bug you reported from a new feature that wasn't in the game last year? 

• SI Staff
21 minutes ago, Pattric_b said:

Is there any more information about the boards club vision? I am expected to “develop my youth academy to one of the best in the country” and while I am handing youth players first team appearances in cup and even league fixtures, I’m not really sure how I’m meant to develop my youth academy any further given we have the best possibly rated academy. Currently the board are disappointed with me when it comes to this task and not sure why. Any ideas? Are they expecting me to buy more youth players? How does the board measure the development of my youth academy?

This refers to the facilities and recruitment available to your youth sides. The board will look to work on this themselves but also expect you to contribute, specifically via allocating funds to it via board requests.