Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[World] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for World competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Club and International)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for World should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

I have simulated about 10 years into the future to see how the expanded Club World Cup format works in game. I am delighted it is included of course, but I have concerns about the way teams are allocated to the tournament,

Firstly, the correct process for qualification for the 2021 edition can be seen in this article.:
https://apnews.com/9604791fe91547db96ce19ed5b97012b

This should be implemented correctly. (I don't believe it is currently)

However, this process only works for 2021. There is no official process for 2025 onward, so I will suggest what I believe is the most realistic process for qualification from 2025 onward.

EUROPE: (8)
From what I have gathered, in the game, qualification from Europe goes to the Champions League winners of the previous 4 years and then the next best teams in the coefficient list are added to fill up the eight slots. In reality however, I have seen that the Champions League and Europa League winners of the past 4 years will be used. In cases where there are teams winning multiple titles within the four year period, the free slots should go to the most recent Champions League runner up, and then the runners up before that, and so on (up to 4 years). If going through this still doesn't yield the full 8 teams, then going to the coefficient table for the next best teams may be appropriate.

SOUTH AMERICA: (6)
From what I have gathered in South America, in the game, qualification is first determined by the winners in the past 4 years of the Copa Libertadores, and then the final two slots are given to the two South American teams with the highest reputation. In reality, the Copa Sudamericana is being also used to help determine the six participants. The six slots should go to the four previous winners of the Copa Libertadores, and then the last two slots going to two winners of a playoff between the four most recent Copa Sudamericana winners. Again, adjustments may have to be made in the case of teams that win multiple titles. For instance, if only 2 different teams have won the Copa Libertadores over the past 4 seasons, then all 4 Copa Sudamericana winners from the past 4 years will qualify. Similarly, if one team wins the Copa Sudamericana twice during the time period, then they should not have to playoff against teams that have won it only once.

AFRICA, ASIA, NORTH AMERICA: (3 each)
As far as I can tell, in the game, for these continents, it will simply take the first three winners of the continental competition since the last Club World Cup (i.e. it will ignore the most recent winners of the continental competition unless there is a repeat winner at some point). This is highly unfair to the most recent winners of the continental competition. I believe there should instead be playoffs between the last four winners in each continent to determine the three teams that qualify. Again, there may need to be changes if there are repeat winners of the continental competitions. For instance, if there are only 3 unique champions in the last four years, then simply qualify all three to the tournament. If there have been only 2 unique champions, then maybe the most recent runner up should qualify (similar to Europe).

OCEANIA: (0-1)
In the game, the winners of the OFC Champions League directly after the Club World Cup will qualify for the next tournament. For instance, the winners of the 2022 OFC Champions League are qualifying for the 2025 Club World Cup. This creates the unfair situation that the 2023, 2024 and 2025 OFC Champions League tournaments are not at all relevant for qualification. In my save, Team Wellington had won three of the last four Champions Leagues and yet didn't qualify for the CWC because they didn't win the right one out the four most recent editions to qualify. I think that the team that wins the most titles over the last 4 years should be Oceania's qualifier. If two or four teams have won the same amount of titles in the last four years, then playoffs should be played to determine Oceania's representative, similar to other confederations.

However, to mimic reality, Oceania's representative should have to playoff against the current champions of the Host Nation (as will occur in 2021) to reach the proper competition. It should be considered when creating this format that it may be possible for the host nation representative to have already qualified via their confederation, and so the host nation's slot may be passed down to the runner up (or potentially even futher down the table) of the most recent domestic season.

Additionally, there is a lot of evidence that there will be a limit of 2 participants from a certain country in this competition. This is confirmed for the Asia, North America and Africa regions. This should also be attempted to be put in the game as well. It could potentially be the case in Europe as well but there is no solid confirmation of this so you don't need to do this.

Finally, FIFA have confirmed that the 2021 CWC will be in China, NOT Qatar as it is in my game. I have noticed that the host nation of the CWC is always the same as the host nation of the upcoming World Cup. This is perhaps understandable why you would think that, since the tournament is effectively replacing the Confederations Cup which always was hosted in the same country as the World Cup. However, we can clearly see that it is not going to follow this pattern, so the host selection from the CWC should be separate from the host selection of the World Cup.

Thanks for reading this behemoth of a post :)

Edited by dpt8544

5 hours ago, dpt8544 said:

Thanks for reading this behemoth of a post :)

No problem at all, thank you for the depth :)

So some of this is already logged as a bug internally and didn't get fixed in time for the Beta - namely the issue affecting Africa/Asia/North America/Oceania whereby the least recent continental championship winners are being selected for the CWC instead of the most recent, but also China not being host in 2021.

With regards to the qualifying rules not matching the proposed ones mentioned in the article to some degree we're leaving the qualifying rules to be more simplified as currently (whereby it's just based on previous winners and then coefficient/reputation if any spots remaining) until they're officially confirmed. This is partly as we don't want to throw our eggs all in one basket with setting up certain qualifying rules in code only to potentially find out that they might not be adopted come the confirmed rules. The European Clubs Association haven't given their blessing to the tournament so technically speaking it's still a bit up in the air (I'm assuming they do otherwise it was a waste implementing this :D ).

However the playoff between host nation team and Oceania does sound fairly nailed on (and I have seen it mentioned in a couple of places previously too) so I'll log that to be considered to be added for now.

117e39b52fcac3b8eeaab4095647e782.pngim pretty sure theres many other stadiums in the country that would be selected ahead of Stadium MK. Seems a little unrealistic to happen

16 hours ago, TGEmmaUK said:

Third Placed Playoff Also Took Place At Stadium MK 95f54c2c0439afc864f278d4c60f4ce2.png

Hey @TGEmmaUK - Could you upload this save to the cloud server please? I'd agree that it would almost certainly go to a bigger venue then Stadium MK. Thanks.

20 hours ago, TGEmmaUK said:

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4 hopefully ive done this right. its a little while on but you should be able to find the competition history. it defo uploaded and is called 

• Emma Carroll - PSG.fm

Cheers, have logged that the stadium(s) selected should be bigger (as well as there being two of them selected to host matches now, as was the case in real life).

The Club World Cup is spread across two seasons, it should surely either be entirely at the end of one season or at the beginning of another?

As you can see here this isn't the case.

fAqKiEq.png

Save name is CWC Bug.fm - uploaded 17/11/2019 approx 10:27am 

This has caused issues with player who were on loan before returning, also. Tottenhams CWC quarter final was their only 21/22 game, with all the others being 20/21

Mbgn0hr.png

16 minutes ago, mrmalecki said:

Winning the premier league seems to grant you access to the comp? I am sure this is wrong :)

Hey @mrmalecki - that certainly shouldn't be how you get qualified to the Club World Cup. Do you have the save game? Thanks. 

On 17/11/2019 at 10:31, iSmiff said:

The Club World Cup is spread across two seasons, it should surely either be entirely at the end of one season or at the beginning of another?

As you can see here this isn't the case.

fAqKiEq.png

Save name is CWC Bug.fm - uploaded 17/11/2019 approx 10:27am 

Hey @iSmiff - It's a similar problem in the Champions Cup where some teams play their first qualifier over seemingly two seasons because of when the update day is. Probably needs a game wide solution to this sort of problem. 

On 15/11/2019 at 23:34, Flibidigibit said:

Players begin tournament very unfit.

image.thumb.png.d9a9c7de6fd8e26bf39c2bc222e371c4.png

image.thumb.png.3333379f7e282a3d50500ff14e27ea18.png

Hey @Flibidigibit - when was your last league game before this competition? I'm guessing it was a while before hand? 

For some reason the club world cup is during the break where all my players are gonna be off on international or on holiday meaning I'm not gonna have players to use for the games. What am I meant to do?

Uploaded save game as: Man Utd - Beta No Transfer 2

image.thumb.png.8fc2b94b2538bc2d50fb8520e27029dc.png

Edited by iControl

On 24/11/2019 at 00:56, iControl said:

For some reason the club world cup is during the break where all my players are gonna be off on international or on holiday meaning I'm not gonna have players to use for the games. What am I meant to do?

Uploaded save game as: Man Utd - Beta No Transfer 2

image.thumb.png.8fc2b94b2538bc2d50fb8520e27029dc.png

The Club World Cup is a Summer Competition every 4 years from 2021 onward. I've used your save and continued a few weeks and the players are available. (There is a clash with I think the African Cup of Nations but as far as we're aware these competitions will be at the same time). 

Just now, ryanr88 said:

Please change the hosts nations of the 2021 FIFA World Cup U20 to Indonesia. i try to edit it on pre game editor but it doesnt work.

source: https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/who-we-are/news/fifa-council-unanimously-appoints-china-pr-as-hosts-of-new-club-world-cup-in-202

It's something we've already changed internally and will be tested very shortly. 

3 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

It's something we've already changed internally and will be tested very shortly. 

Thank you :thup:

10 hours ago, 10joaomartins said:

IMG-20191219-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.fa3cb5f79535aee928ea9d221e97d5f9.jpeg

No more world cup? Only in 2025???

The Club World Cup is changing to be a competition every 4 years from 2021 onwards. 

The Club World Cup is changing to be a competition every 4 years from 2021 onwards.

9 horas atrás, BML disse:

thanks , got the same answer from fm themselves on twitter :D

I'm in my second season with United and have to play the Club World Championship, just to find all my players on holiday.:onmehead:

So a lot of generated players show up to do the job, I asked assman to pick and went on holiday, still won the match, but a little dissatisfying.

Anyone else experienced this?

I've just realised this is the case in my save too. I am trying to find a way to adjust the holiday return date, but can't find anything. Pretty annoying really.

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 19:09, Tryllefot said:

I'm in my second season with United and have to play the Club World Championship, just to find all my players on holiday.:onmehead:

So a lot of generated players show up to do the job, I asked assman to pick and went on holiday, still won the match, but a little dissatisfying.

Anyone else experienced this?

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 08:20, dozzie said:

I've just realised this is the case in my save too. I am trying to find a way to adjust the holiday return date, but can't find anything. Pretty annoying really.

Strangely for me over the weekend with my team the players were all available. Do either of you have a save game from just before the end of the season? 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Strangely for me over the weekend with my team the players were all available. Do either of you have a save game from just before the end of the season? 

I think the fault was all mine, I let my physio set recommended work load, and he sent them all on holiday:lol:

Edited by Tryllefot

When is the draw made for the first World Club Championship? It had stated it would take place on May 18th but I’ve gone past that date now.

image.jpg

19 hours ago, Pickles0303 said:

When is the draw made for the first World Club Championship? It had stated it would take place on May 18th but I’ve gone past that date now.

image.jpg

There's a bug outstanding where the draw doesn't take place on the correct date, however it will still be drawn on a later date .

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I have just won the Champion League with Arsenal. My team have been entered into the FIFA World Club Championship early June, but my players are all showing as on Holidays until the end of June. This is a game stopper for me.

Please ignore... I ran a test save to see what would happen...the players turned up but were unfit.

Edited by Murraymint

On 12/01/2020 at 11:04, Murraymint said:

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I have just won the Champion League with Arsenal. My team have been entered into the FIFA World Club Championship early June, but my players are all showing as on Holidays until the end of June. This is a game stopper for me.

Please ignore... I ran a test save to see what would happen...the players turned up but were unfit.

Hi there, the players going on holiday still seems like a bug - as ideally they should still be in training for the upcoming tournament.

If you have a save game from before they go on holiday could you upload it to our cloud service if possible? Thanks

On 06/01/2020 at 14:37, Christopher Lewis said:

Sorry, beeb away for a bit. I don't have a save from before the tournament, but a few days before it started everyone was available. I didn't change anything; there was nothing i could do about it apparently. Still, my players came back and I won the tournament... no big deal.

Players "return" from the holiday they shouldn't be taking, prematurely, to play in the CWC matches; however, it doesn't seem like training actually starts occurring until they we scheduled to return, and they don't recover conditioning following matches until then either. This creates a huge problem with CWC match congestion.

I qualified for 2029 using Benfica. My squad goes on holiday until the first week of July (wasn't provided an option to schedule their return), but play our first group match on the 22nd of June. Player conditioning and match sharpness is seemingly all over the place upon their return. Use heavy rotation between the two group matches. After advancing, our QF match is scheduled for July 1st. Two days after (one day between) our second group stage match. The entire squad is exhausted, mostly in the 60-70s, even those that didn't play at all in the second group stage match. This isn't just normal fatigue based on heavy congestion, I'm fairly certain they're either not recovering or it's at a drastically reduced rate. By comparison, with two days between the QF and SF, then three days between the SF and final, the squad is largely rested for the SF and almost fully rested for the final. 

I will post some screen captures and upload a save later. 

I've attached some screenshots showing...

1. When the players are expected to return from holiday
  2. Their fitness levels when they actually return on June 18th
  3. A rest and recovery training schedule used (for this demonstration) during the group stages
  4. That even though players are back 'training' there's no capacity to set intensity
  5. Fitness levels entering the first and second group matches

Spoiler

Holiday.jpg

Spoiler

Players return.jpg

Spoiler

Training 1.jpg

Spoiler

Training 2.jpg

Spoiler

Training 3.jpg

Spoiler

Match 1.jpg

Spoiler

Match 2.jpg

Edited by XuluBak

Hi, were told to take this here.

Nothing to do with the latest ME update, but a feedback when your team gets to the Club World Cup. The team travels before and after each match, using up a spot each time. Wouldn't it be better if the team travelled to the championship and stayed there for let's say a 2-3 days before until the day after? Perhaps even being able to choose a specific place to stay, like a training center for a local club or such?

I am currently playing in the 2020 Copa America with Australia. I've made it through to the semi final, which is further than I expected to but I faced Qatar in the quarters so luck of the draw I guess.

The problem is now I have a friendly (which for some reason I have been unable to cancel) with the U23s team Olympics Squad on the 11th July against South Africa. The game wants me to select my Olympics Squad on the 4th July. The Olympics do not start to the 26th July which is well after the Copa America Final which is on the 12th July.

Due to the game being stupid, it is not possible for me to select players from my Copa America Squad in the Olympics Squad, even though in real life that is exactly what would happen, the players involved in the Copa America would simply arrive to the Olympics Squad after the Copa has finished for Australia (which is likely after the next game). Some of my best U23 players are in my Copa America squad, along with some of the players I'd want to have as my over 23 players.

This is extremely frustrating. I've even gone back to a save backup from a few months ago and the Olympics Squad announcement date is locked in on the 4th of July well before the game forces me into the South Africa friendly match.  Obviously if I lost to Qatar I wouldn't have this problem but it's really a bunch of B/S that I'm being punished for progressing further than expected in the Copa America.

Is there anyway to fix this? Can I somehow edit the save file or something to remove that friendly and/or push the squad announcement back a week?

Right now I'm honestly considering going back to save before the Qatar game (as I anticipated this very issue) and losing on purpose so I can have a full strength squad for the Olympics.

Either that, or use the in game editor to allow changing the squad at a later date, but I'm not sure if that is possible?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

59 minutes ago, simba1308 said:

I am currently playing in the 2020 Copa America with Australia. I've made it through to the semi final, which is further than I expected to but I faced Qatar in the quarters so luck of the draw I guess.

The problem is now I have a friendly (which for some reason I have been unable to cancel) with the U23s team Olympics Squad on the 11th July against South Africa. The game wants me to select my Olympics Squad on the 4th July. The Olympics do not start to the 26th July which is well after the Copa America Final which is on the 12th July.

Due to the game being stupid, it is not possible for me to select players from my Copa America Squad in the Olympics Squad, even though in real life that is exactly what would happen, the players involved in the Copa America would simply arrive to the Olympics Squad after the Copa has finished for Australia (which is likely after the next game). Some of my best U23 players are in my Copa America squad, along with some of the players I'd want to have as my over 23 players.

This is extremely frustrating. I've even gone back to a save backup from a few months ago and the Olympics Squad announcement date is locked in on the 4th of July well before the game forces me into the South Africa friendly match.  Obviously if I lost to Qatar I wouldn't have this problem but it's really a bunch of B/S that I'm being punished for progressing further than expected in the Copa America.

Is there anyway to fix this? Can I somehow edit the save file or something to remove that friendly and/or push the squad announcement back a week?

Right now I'm honestly considering going back to save before the Qatar game (as I anticipated this very issue) and losing on purpose so I can have a full strength squad for the Olympics.

Either that, or use the in game editor to allow changing the squad at a later date, but I'm not sure if that is possible?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Could you please upload both save files from your save before the match against Qatar as well as your latest one where the issue is already present to the SI Cloud server and we will take a look at this issue. Instructions are attached below.

Thanks 

10 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Could you please upload both save files from your save before the match against Qatar as well as your latest one where the issue is already present to the SI Cloud server and we will take a look at this issue. Instructions are attached below.

Thanks 

Hi Sebastian, 

I have uploaded the files. The save before the Qatar game is 'copa a rn2.fm' and the save with the issue present is 'Hayden O'Connor - Melbourne Victory - Australia.fm'

Cheers

Hi
i have encounter issue with my save game (as attached)

previously i am using manchester united, however it shown 37 games played in the league despite the season has ended, it cause the whole season stuck and not able to move  into next season (Its the only team i used in English premier league)

i am then moving my manager to PSG which the same case happen again. my PSG team has played 28 leagues game but it shown 27 only (refer to attached save game)

Please assist to solve this as it happens in 2 different seasons.

my uploaded save file name: FRANS-FM2020.fm

On 01/03/2020 at 08:58, fransleonardo said:

Hi
i have encounter issue with my save game (as attached)

previously i am using manchester united, however it shown 37 games played in the league despite the season has ended, it cause the whole season stuck and not able to move  into next season (Its the only team i used in English premier league)

i am then moving my manager to PSG which the same case happen again. my PSG team has played 28 leagues game but it shown 27 only (refer to attached save game)

Please assist to solve this as it happens in 2 different seasons.

my uploaded save file name: FRANS-FM2020.fm

This is an issue we're aware of but have had some trouble trying to track down. Could you provide some more information regarding this? Are you using a custom skin and if you are, is there an instant result button on it? Do you have any previous save files which would be useful for this? This seems to usually come from users having several managers in their game. If you have any previous save files, they would be very useful. In this case, especially a save file before the Dijon game on 19th November 2021 would be useful. This is as this is the game which currently does not have a result in the schedule page.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This is an issue we're aware of but have had some trouble trying to track down. Could you provide some more information regarding this? Are you using a custom skin and if you are, is there an instant result button on it? Do you have any previous save files which would be useful for this? This seems to usually come from users having several managers in their game. If you have any previous save files, they would be very useful. In this case, especially a save file before the Dijon game on 19th November 2021 would be useful. This is as this is the game which currently does not have a result in the schedule page.

Hi Sebastian. I am not using any custom skin , however i did used 2  custom database: FM20 Brazillian Colour Fix by Passion4FM  + FM20 Real clubs & competition names by Passion4FM
Also i am using FM editor too.
Unfortunately i did not have any other save files as i did not save in multiple files.

In previous season, i am using manchester united. the same thing happens,  i tried a quick run by resigning from the club and go on holiday for 1 season. it returned to normal after that.
That i why decided to move my coach to PSG, however now it seems like the same issue appears. for the rest of the clubs that i manage, it doesnt have this issue

Is there a way to fix this issue on my current save file?

Thank you

Edited by fransleonardo

7 hours ago, fransleonardo said:

Hi Sebastian. I am not using any custom skin , however i did used 2  custom database: FM20 Brazillian Colour Fix by Passion4FM  + FM20 Real clubs & competition names by Passion4FM
Unfortunately i did not have any other save files as i did not save in multiple files.

In previous season, i am using manchester united. the same thing happens,  i tried a quick run by resigning from the club and go on holiday for 1 season. it returned to normal after that.
That i why decided to move my coach to PSG, however now it seems like the same issue appears. for the rest of the clubs that i manage, it doesnt have this issue

Thank you

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by 'it returned to normal after that'? This seems to be a rare issue which we are trying to track down so any additional information would always be useful.

On 29/02/2020 at 01:41, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thanks 

Hi Sebastian and anyone else working on my problem,

Are you able to provide an estimated time frame on a solution? Is it a few weeks or few months? I'm not looking to make you rush, just wanting to know how long I might be waiting. 

Cheers

3 hours ago, simba1308 said:

Hi Sebastian and anyone else working on my problem,

Are you able to provide an estimated time frame on a solution? Is it a few weeks or few months? I'm not looking to make you rush, just wanting to know how long I might be waiting. 

Cheers

We cannot provide an estimation at the moment. However, if you upload the two save files which were requested and let us know what they were titled as, we can look into it as soon as we can in an attempt to resolve the issue.

On 03/03/2020 at 03:47, fransleonardo said:

Thank you

There is not a way to fix it on the current save. Did you make many changes in the Editor prior to starting this save? There are some issues which we would like to look into and any information you can provide about your save file would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

We cannot provide an estimation at the moment. However, if you upload the two save files which were requested and let us know what they were titled as, we can look into it as soon as we can in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Hi Sebastian,

I uploaded the files and posted the titles the other day. They are 'copa a rn2.fm' and the save with the issue present is 'Hayden O'Connor - Melbourne Victory - Australia.fm'