Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Africa] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Africa competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Club and International)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Africa should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

might have posted this in the wrong section earlier 

Somalia still doesn't get any clubs to enter the african champions league or the african confederations cup even though they have 1 team in each competition in the preliminary rounds. 

https://ca.soccerway.com/international/africa/caf-champions-league/20192020/preliminary-round/r55199/   (Dekedha in CAF CL)

https://ca.soccerway.com/international/africa/caf-confederation-cup/20192020/preliminary-round/r54020/    (Mogadishu City in CAF CC)

Also top spot in the somali premier league is offered a place in the african champions league.

https://ca.soccerway.com/national/somalia/first-division/2019/regular-season/r48956/

Ive been waiting for this to be changed for the past few year and hope it gets a look into

On 05/11/2019 at 13:58, fm vet said:

might have posted this in the wrong section earlier 

Somalia still doesn't get any clubs to enter the african champions league or the african confederations cup even though they have 1 team in each competition in the preliminary rounds. 

https://ca.soccerway.com/international/africa/caf-champions-league/20192020/preliminary-round/r55199/   (Dekedha in CAF CL)

https://ca.soccerway.com/international/africa/caf-confederation-cup/20192020/preliminary-round/r54020/    (Mogadishu City in CAF CC)

Also top spot in the somali premier league is offered a place in the african champions league.

https://ca.soccerway.com/national/somalia/first-division/2019/regular-season/r48956/

Ive been waiting for this to be changed for the past few year and hope it gets a look into

Thanks for this @fm vet 

A slight change in date for the African Nations Championship as it has moved to April 2020 not January 2020 as of the current format in the game.

20 minutes ago, HawkAussie said:

A slight change in date for the African Nations Championship as it has moved to April 2020 not January 2020 as of the current format in the game.

Thanks for this - raised to be changed. 

There are no crowds in any African games apart from North Africa.  Games played in South Africa, Ghana, Cameroon etc have no crowds (graphically there are people turning up but they are invisible).  North African (Tunisia, Egypt etc )crowds do appear though.  What's this all about?

9 hours ago, priority76 said:

There are no crowds in any African games apart from North Africa.  Games played in South Africa, Ghana, Cameroon etc have no crowds (graphically there are people turning up but they are invisible).  North African (Tunisia, Egypt etc )crowds do appear though.  What's this all about?

When you say "graphically there are people turning up they are invisible", what do you mean by that? Can you add a screenshot of this? I've done a couple of matches in South Africa and they've got a crowd appearing. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

When you say "graphically there are people turning up they are invisible", what do you mean by that?

Sorry, I meant the game records there being a large crowd but the stadium appears empty.  Here are some screenshots to demonstrate.

Game played in South Africa with 38,000 crowd but stadium appears empty:

984387962_Nocrowd.thumb.png.14e6f75f55421708622ea7a71fe35a78.png

Game played in Tunisia but crowd appears:

768132888_Bigcrowd.thumb.png.6bc66c6b2ad8ca080d5d18e99c467003.png

I thought it may have been due to using an edited database file but I loaded up just South African league and same thing appears:

SA.thumb.png.37740cd5d5fdc4dfe3345af3b4b623c0.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

That's really strange! I'll raise this with the match team. 

Oh well, the new patch seems to have fixed this.  Strange indeed!

Hi everyone, 

In this french thread the user says that the Algerian national team can't be control by a human manager. 

Is it a known issue ? Is there a solution ?

Thanks for your work and your answer.

On 28/12/2019 at 13:26, Akasha said:

Hi everyone, 

In this french thread the user says that the Algerian national team can't be control by a human manager. 

Is it a known issue ? Is there a solution ?

Thanks for your work and your answer.

I've not seen this as an issue - I just started a new game and added a manager at Algeria and it worked fine. As long as he has enough Algerian players in game with the database he is using then there is no real reason for it not to work. You could ask him to add some more Algerian players into the database he's using.  

image.png

Somalia and some other african countries still don’t get teams to enter the african champions league and the african confederations cups like they do in real life. This is still not fixed and I even tried to change it through the editor but had no luck after trying many different things. If I could get instructions on how to change this through the editor would be great as I don’t think it will be fixed at this point.

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 15:20, fm vet said:

Somalia and some other african countries still don’t get teams to enter the african champions league and the african confederations cups like they do in real life. This is still not fixed and I even tried to change it through the editor but had no luck after trying many different things. If I could get instructions on how to change this through the editor would be great as I don’t think it will be fixed at this point.

Hi, this bug is in our system and I have raised the priority so hopefully it should be seen to by a coder soon.  You will need to post in the editor forum regarding any query to do with the editor.  Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I'm playing with Orlando Pirates in 2033 and somehow I've been entered into the CAF Confederations Cup. I wasn't aware of this until the draw popped up in my inbox to tell me, I didn't qualify through the league or cup and never received any other messages saying I'd qualified. As a result, I've never received an opportunity to register any players. Now I can't pick any players for my game and can't play the game at all. If I go to the registration page, there's also no option to register players for the Confederations Cup, only the Premiership.

I uploaded a save game as CAF Squad issue.fm which is pre-game. If you need one from earlier in-game, I have a few going back all the way back to July 2033.

EDIT: An update on this, I holidayed for one day to see what would happen and the AI was somehow able to register players and play the game?

Edited by Britrock

On 18/04/2020 at 20:42, Britrock said:

I'm playing with Orlando Pirates in 2033 and somehow I've been entered into the CAF Confederations Cup. I wasn't aware of this until the draw popped up in my inbox to tell me, I didn't qualify through the league or cup and never received any other messages saying I'd qualified. As a result, I've never received an opportunity to register any players. Now I can't pick any players for my game and can't play the game at all. If I go to the registration page, there's also no option to register players for the Confederations Cup, only the Premiership.

I uploaded a save game as CAF Squad issue.fm which is pre-game. If you need one from earlier in-game, I have a few going back all the way back to July 2033.

EDIT: An update on this, I holidayed for one day to see what would happen and the AI was somehow able to register players and play the game?

Hello, are you using and editor files or third party content?  A save from before the season update day before the season in question would be very helpful.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hello, are you using and editor files or third party content?  A save from before the season update day before the season in question would be very helpful.  Thanks.

I've installed the real names fix but I didn't use any editor files on starting the save, and I'm using a third party skin, logo pack, face pack and stadium pack. The oldest save I have is from the 26th July 2033 sadly, which is after the season update. I checked the competitions page and the confederations cup is listed in there although I'm still not sure how I qualified (I finished 5th in the league last year, which showed as outside the continental qualification spots and didn't get anywhere in the cups).

I've uploaded the save from July in case its of any use, Ultimate Challenge (v07).fm

22 hours ago, Britrock said:

I've installed the real names fix but I didn't use any editor files on starting the save, and I'm using a third party skin, logo pack, face pack and stadium pack. The oldest save I have is from the 26th July 2033 sadly, which is after the season update. I checked the competitions page and the confederations cup is listed in there although I'm still not sure how I qualified (I finished 5th in the league last year, which showed as outside the continental qualification spots and didn't get anywhere in the cups).

I've uploaded the save from July in case its of any use, Ultimate Challenge (v07).fm

Thank you, this is now under review.

Not sure this has been picked up but the draw rules for the 2nd round are wrong in the Cup of Nations

1618900772_TotalAfricaCupofNations_Rules.thumb.png.45dac96803bdb6c9f14214f3253932a3.png

I think these are the pre-expansion to 24 teams rules as there is no reference to groups E and F here

I finished 2nd in group C and played the 2nd team in group A which appears right (it's the same as the 2019 IRL version) so just a text error it seems.

3 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Not sure this has been picked up but the draw rules for the 2nd round are wrong in the Cup of Nations

1618900772_TotalAfricaCupofNations_Rules.thumb.png.45dac96803bdb6c9f14214f3253932a3.png

I think these are the pre-expansion to 24 teams rules as there is no reference to groups E and F here

I finished 2nd in group C and played the 2nd team in group A which appears right (it's the same as the 2019 IRL version) so just a text error it seems.

Thanks, I have now logged this