Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Europe] (Official) League Specific Issues

17 minutes ago, Simpology said:

Vaduz - Liechtenstein

This is due to the fact that Vaduz cannot qualify for Europe through the Swiss league. This is left blank due to the fact that this is not a valid European place for Vaduz which currently holds the top position in the league. Vaduz can only qualify for Europe through winning the Liechtenstein Cup as this is where the European berth for Liechtenstein comes from. We hope that helps to explain this.

30 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This is due to the fact that Vaduz cannot qualify for Europe through the Swiss league. This is left blank due to the fact that this is not a valid European place for Vaduz which currently holds the top position in the league. Vaduz can only qualify for Europe through winning the Liechtenstein Cup as this is where the European berth for Liechtenstein comes from. We hope that helps to explain this.

Thanks Sebastian. 

I figured the league would still show the standard qualification spots regardless of the active position of Vaduz, but thanks for looking into it.

Posted (edited)

I qualified for the 3rd Rd play-off in Europa League after winning the Scottish Cup.

Maybe its just me but it seems teams are being drawn in two different ties (not leg 1 and 2).  Might be a complicated Uefa rule that I wasn't aware of but looks very strange

The Save is mid draw Steven Jarvis - Bug Save 6

2020-06-10.png

Edited by The Bloodster

On 10/06/2020 at 00:48, The Bloodster said:

I qualified for the 3rd Rd play-off in Europa League after winning the Scottish Cup.

Maybe its just me but it seems teams are being drawn in two different ties (not leg 1 and 2).  Might be a complicated Uefa rule that I wasn't aware of but looks very strange

The Save is mid draw Steven Jarvis - Bug Save 6

2020-06-10.png

After looking into this, this is working as intended where the teams are drawn into two legged playoff ties. There does however seem to be a backlog of fixtures in the draw. When was this save file created as this is an issue that should not be occurring on any save created after the 20.3 update.

The save was created in the early hours of this morning.  The actual game from which the save is a result of was started in January but had many saves since then.  

1 hour ago, The Bloodster said:

The save was created in the early hours of this morning.  The actual game from which the save is a result of was started in January but had many saves since then.  

Yes, that is what is meant by save file created. When the initial game was created so if the your game was created before the release of 20.3 then this issue may still occur but should not occur in any new save game created.

Minor bug that caused a little preemptive celebration. I finished 6th in Premier League and received the congratulations message from my board for qualifying for the Europa League. However, I never ended up qualifying for any European competition. Crystal Palace went on to win the FA Cup against Man Utd and Chelsea won the Conference League, so I imagine the was just a missed check on who was playing in those finals. 

congrats.jpg

noEurope.jpg

On 13/06/2020 at 11:48, amoore04 said:

Minor bug that caused a little preemptive celebration. I finished 6th in Premier League and received the congratulations message from my board for qualifying for the Europa League. However, I never ended up qualifying for any European competition. Crystal Palace went on to win the FA Cup against Man Utd and Chelsea won the Conference League, so I imagine the was just a missed check on who was playing in those finals. 

congrats.jpg

noEurope.jpg

Do you have a save file just before that news item appears? If so, could you please upload it to the SI Cloud Server? Thank you very much.

Have won group, but not in the next round draw.

Is there something wrong here?

Screenshot_20200715-110349_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20200715-110354_Messenger.jpg

On 15/07/2020 at 11:12, RossGib900 said:

Have won group, but not in the next round draw.

Is there something wrong here?

If this is the new format of the EL then this is correct, as winning the group will get a bye to the 2nd Knockout Round.

Posted (edited)

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this, I'm new to the forum. I couldn't find the problem in any search, but it seems like a bug.

Description: I am registering my squad for the knockout stage of the Champions League. I got to the registration screen by clicking "Respond" in the inbox message "register players for latter stages," so this should not be after the registration deadline has passed. Several of the players that played for my team in the group stage are now counting against the "maximum of 3 new players" in the knockout stage. 

Here is the evidence: 

The player Aliou Abdoulaziz not in, it shows 1 of 3 new players.

reg_abdoulout.thumb.JPG.d5243c59ab83b5056d9874e1810a7102.JPG

Abdoulaziz in, 2 of 3 new players:

reg_abdoulin.thumb.JPG.7f74a4d22950042029a6ae3cfc084a6d.JPG

Evidence that Abdoulaziz started all 6 group stage games:

abdoulstats.thumb.JPG.178400d4f932298a544367a30097f656.JPG

Is this a bug?

Thanks

Edited by fivetwelvepony

Should there be more variation in host countries. In my latest save host countries between 2023-2028 were big guns like Germany, Denmark, Portugal, Italy and France. Recently countries like Estonia, Lithuania, Georgia and Armenia have hosted this tournament.

Almost no matches are televised in the Europa League, which is really weird as in reality, I doubt there is even one game in the group stage that is not broadcast.

You guys already have logged the bug where quarterfinals and semifinals are drawn simultaneously for some reason, right?

image.thumb.png.8eb81bf9eddd5f7a18da02b89dce5a57.png

The revised rules of Europa League from 2021/22 do not have the "Teams from same nation cannot meet" rule during the qualifying rounds.

See below: Opava and Slavia from the same association meet. Champions League and Europa Conference league do have this rule.

el_from_21_cl_rules.png

el_from_21_rules.png

el_from_21_slavia_opava.png

Posted (edited)

Quick one about Gibraltar and not sure how/if it can be fixed.

Relating to the rules for the matchday squad in the Gibraltar National League.

In game, the League Rules state that there must be 5 players on the field of play that are trained in Gibraltar.

However, the league rules (https://www.gibraltarfa.com/uploads/documents/GFA League Rules 2019_2020..pdf) state that only 4 players need to be Home Grown.

image.thumb.png.9df07a18f0f225024dd80504aa2f71d3.png

Is there a way that I can fix this without having to start my save over again?

Or, can anyone help me out and let me know how to get players that I buy to become "Trained In" Gibraltar?

EDIT: I did some more reading. This looks like "Home Grown" means a different thing in the real world to what the designation is in game?

image.thumb.png.fa7f92d6c6cea46ea61f5dd3662cd9be.png

According to this, players would meet the Home Grown criteria once they have lived in Gibraltar for two years, regardless of the club that they trained at.

This would make it so much better for me as a manager in Gibraltar that is having serious issues balancing being compeititive with the (seemingly) lopsided rules of the league.

Thanks.

Edited by mattyjames_
Did more reading.

Posted (edited)

Yesterday I realized that UEFA coefficients for clubs and countries don’t add up. After looking into it for few hours I found multiple issues with the way those coefficients are calculated.

I started brand new save to check it again and just went on holiday for a year. Bugs are still there.

I will use Scotland as an example, cause this country shows all issues I’ve found. Ok, so let’s get started.

Scotland_country_coef.thumb.jpg.49e5203d540e8ccaf61f2fae579995c5.jpg   Scotland_club_coef.thumb.jpg.9ef18916ebe4c0461dd4531d3392994e.jpg

As you can see on the screens above, coefficients displayed for Scottish clubs are: Celtic – 8.00, Aberdeen – 2.00, Rangers – 5.00, Kilmarnock – 2.50. If that’s correct, they have 17.50 points total, which we can divide by 4 to get country coefficient = 4,375. But country coefficient calculated by the game – highlighted on the screen - is 8.750 (twice as much). That made me wonder “Which one is wrong? Country coefficient or club coefficient?” Well – both of them, actually :p

Now let’s get through schedules of all 4 teams to see 3 issues I’ve found. I didn’t have this league as playable, so there aren’t many other matches here. There’s custom World Club Champions Cup included because I had it included by accident.  But it shouldn’t have anything to do with the coefficients.

1st issue – points gained in qualifying phases are calculated wrong

This one is the least consistent of all three, cause game shows slightly different coefficients for two teams that should have the exact same result.

Aberdeen (should have 4.5, game shows 2.0)
Scotland_Aberdeen.thumb.jpg.b3f06e9a4eb45e2473749ae47be5dfd3.jpg

Kilmarnock (should have 4.5 as well. Game shows 2.5)
Scotland_Kilmarnock.thumb.jpg.692dfa3af9db75233b20cdb4c0e99ca7.jpg

2nd issue – if team qualifies for Europa League group stage, points gained in qualifying rounds are not taken into account (but they should be)

Rangers (5.0 points in group stage and 5.5 points in qualifiers. Unfortunately, club coefficient doesn’t include the latter)
Scotland_Rangers.thumb.jpg.63e49d7cba9448fe6ece5f82b25e30c1.jpg

Club coefficient for Celtic, which played in Champions League looks perfectly fine. Points gained in qualifying rounds are not included, and this time it’s correct.
Scotland_Celtic.thumb.jpg.400f5b5e77a1a038b9a693ca463b8b61.jpg

So let’s see those correct coefficients for all clubs
Celtic – 8.0, Aberdeen – 4.5, Rangers – 10.5, Kilmarnock – 4.5.
That’s total of 27.5, which means correct country coefficient is 6,875. As we’ve seen before, country coefficient calculated by the game equals 8.750. So all 4 teams together should have 8.750 x 4 = 35 points. That’s 7.5 points more than correct number. And that takes us to…

3rd issue – if a club gets to Champions League Group Stage, points gained in qualifying rounds (which should count only if that team doesn’t qualify for Champions League) are added to country coefficient (but not club coefficient).

That’s only one country as an example, but believe me – I’ve checked many more in my other save, which is in the middle of season 2024/25. That happened everywhere I checked. The only inconsistency occurs with teams eliminated in Qualifying Rounds – they almost always get less points than they should, but differences are inconsistent. Sometimes it’s only 0.5 point, and sometimes 2 or 3.

Edited by michal.szymak

On 26/08/2020 at 22:23, michal.szymak said:

Yesterday I realized that UEFA coefficients for clubs and countries don’t add up. After looking into it for few hours I found multiple issues with the way those coefficients are calculated.

I started brand new save to check it again and just went on holiday for a year. Bugs are still there.

I will use Scotland as an example, cause this country shows all issues I’ve found. Ok, so let’s get started.

Scotland_country_coef.thumb.jpg.49e5203d540e8ccaf61f2fae579995c5.jpg   Scotland_club_coef.thumb.jpg.9ef18916ebe4c0461dd4531d3392994e.jpg

As you can see on the screens above, coefficients displayed for Scottish clubs are: Celtic – 8.00, Aberdeen – 2.00, Rangers – 5.00, Kilmarnock – 2.50. If that’s correct, they have 17.50 points total, which we can divide by 4 to get country coefficient = 4,375. But country coefficient calculated by the game – highlighted on the screen - is 8.750 (twice as much). That made me wonder “Which one is wrong? Country coefficient or club coefficient?” Well – both of them, actually :p

Now let’s get through schedules of all 4 teams to see 3 issues I’ve found. I didn’t have this league as playable, so there aren’t many other matches here. There’s custom World Club Champions Cup included because I had it included by accident.  But it shouldn’t have anything to do with the coefficients.

1st issue – points gained in qualifying phases are calculated wrong

This one is the least consistent of all three, cause game shows slightly different coefficients for two teams that should have the exact same result.

Aberdeen (should have 4.5, game shows 2.0)
Scotland_Aberdeen.thumb.jpg.b3f06e9a4eb45e2473749ae47be5dfd3.jpg

Kilmarnock (should have 4.5 as well. Game shows 2.5)
Scotland_Kilmarnock.thumb.jpg.692dfa3af9db75233b20cdb4c0e99ca7.jpg

2nd issue – if team qualifies for Europa League group stage, points gained in qualifying rounds are not taken into account (but they should be)

Rangers (5.0 points in group stage and 5.5 points in qualifiers. Unfortunately, club coefficient doesn’t include the latter)
Scotland_Rangers.thumb.jpg.63e49d7cba9448fe6ece5f82b25e30c1.jpg

Club coefficient for Celtic, which played in Champions League looks perfectly fine. Points gained in qualifying rounds are not included, and this time it’s correct.
Scotland_Celtic.thumb.jpg.400f5b5e77a1a038b9a693ca463b8b61.jpg

So let’s see those correct coefficients for all clubs
Celtic – 8.0, Aberdeen – 4.5, Rangers – 10.5, Kilmarnock – 4.5.
That’s total of 27.5, which means correct country coefficient is 6,875. As we’ve seen before, country coefficient calculated by the game equals 8.750. So all 4 teams together should have 8.750 x 4 = 35 points. That’s 7.5 points more than correct number. And that takes us to…

3rd issue – if a club gets to Champions League Group Stage, points gained in qualifying rounds (which should count only if that team doesn’t qualify for Champions League) are added to country coefficient (but not club coefficient).

That’s only one country as an example, but believe me – I’ve checked many more in my other save, which is in the middle of season 2024/25. That happened everywhere I checked. The only inconsistency occurs with teams eliminated in Qualifying Rounds – they almost always get less points than they should, but differences are inconsistent. Sometimes it’s only 0.5 point, and sometimes 2 or 3.

Teams do not gain any points for the results before Group stage. The points are awarded based on the stage they were eliminated, only group stage and further wins/draws award points.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/about/

So the points for Aberdeen and Kilmanrock are correct - 2 points for 3rd qual. round elimination, 2.5 points for play-off elimination.

Some applies to Rangers - since they qualified for the EL group stage, they are guaranteed minimum three points. However, through their results, they are correctly awarded 5 points.

Celtic get 4 points for CL group participation and 4 points for their results, so 8 points total is correct.

You're right that the country coefficient is wrong though.

@LazyLoad08

You're right, club coefficients are correct and I was looking at wrong webpage.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/about/

I know it's page about country coefficients, my bad. But since there's information on how clubs are gaining points for each phases, I assumed it also applies to individual club coefficients. Had no idea that club coefficients are calculated in different way than country coefficients (at least when it comes to qualifying phases). But now I see that in-game counry coefficients are also correct. I checked it again, with different countries, different saves and everything's fine. Looking at Scotland from my previous post:
Celtic: gets 8 points for club coefficient. But they also provide additional 7.5 points to country coefficient for results in qualifying phases (so 15.5 in total)
Rangers: 5 points for club coefficient, 10.5 points for country coefficient (additional 5.5 for qualifying phases)
Aberdeen: 2 points for club coefficient (eliminated in 3rd qual. phase) but 4.5 for country coefficient (based on results - 4 wins, 1 draw)
Kilmarnock: 2.5 points for club coefficient (eliminated in play-off phase) but 4.5 for country coefficient (based on results - 3 wins, 3 draws)

So club coefficients are ok. Now let's calculate country coeff. 
(15.5 + 10.5 + 4.5 + 4.5) / 4 = 35 / 4 = 8.750
Exactly what we can see in the game.

Looks like I've spent quite some time trying to find a non-existent bug :ackter: 

But at least I learned something.