Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Europe] (Official) League Specific Issues

I can name only 5 subs in Euro Cup II qualification (best placed path) matches. Champions quals, group games and knockout rounds all use 7 subs, so I suspect this is a bug.

image.thumb.png.4723eff18d2ad68f772ba0aa88e8891e.png

15 hours ago, fikander said:

I can name only 5 subs in Euro Cup II qualification (best placed path) matches. Champions quals, group games and knockout rounds all use 7 subs, so I suspect this is a bug.

image.thumb.png.4723eff18d2ad68f772ba0aa88e8891e.png

Hey @fikander - We're aware of this bug with the subs in the Qualifying rounds. 

No round appearance money for any qualifying games in the Champions Cup - Champions Path (Season 21/22). Is this in line with the new competition layout or a bug??

Edited by Paul Garvey

14 hours ago, Paul Garvey said:

No round appearance money for any qualifying games in the Champions Cup - Champions Path (Season 21/22). Is this in line with the new competition layout or a bug??

I've checked with a coder and this money is only in code and doesn't show on the rules - clubs should still get this money but we don't show this well at all. The clubs get money when they are eliminated from the competition. It's on our radar to improve. 

The Super Cup is 1 game but a lot of the players that received medals have played more than one game. Also I believe substitutes that dont play should still get medals but only the 11 players and 3 substitutes got medals. Uploaded save for after the game to SI server, CelticSuperupBug.fm

2b4a178fc27218556a538aa153b222ae.png

3 hours ago, Hairycull said:

The Super Cup is 1 game but a lot of the players that received medals have played more than one game. Also I believe substitutes that dont play should still get medals but only the 11 players and 3 substitutes got medals. Uploaded save for after the game to SI server, CelticSuperupBug.fm

2b4a178fc27218556a538aa153b222ae.png

We're aware of both of these issues - the appearances thing is a bit of a limitation of the medals system as someone else raised this for the Champions League too. 

The numbers of medals being given is with a coder to change. 

In the qualifying rounds for best placed teams it only allows you name 5 subs in the new Europa Conference League.

For Champions route, it's the usual 7.

I have a Must Respond inbox item to register my squad for the Euro Cup 2 Playoff. However, when I click the Respond button on it, it just takes me to my Squad page, rather than the registration. I can't get to the registration via the Player's dropdown on the Squad page either. Because of this, I can't continue in my game. I've tried exiting the game and restarting it, but that hasn't helped either.

Looking at the stages for the Euro Cup 2, the Playoff round isn't listed, and the previous rounds haven't been played yet.

Since I can't respond to the Inbox item, I can't continue my game. I would very much like to not lose this savegame.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I was able to vacation for 1 day to skip having to respond to it.

Edited by Tedium

Are you using a custom/third party database?

17 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Are you using a custom/third party database?

No, vanilla game. I managed to holiday for 1 day, and got past having to register the squad. But the Playoff round for the Euro Cup 2 still isn't showing up when looking at the competition, nor is there a draw day on my calendar. 

EDIT: Took a couple more weeks, but the Euro Cup 2 group stage has finally shown up. 

Edited by Tedium

On 06/12/2019 at 11:55, holidaysong said:

In the qualifying rounds for best placed teams it only allows you name 5 subs in the new Europa Conference League.

For Champions route, it's the usual 7.

Thanks for this - it is logged internally to be changed. 

11 hours ago, Tedium said:

I have a Must Respond inbox item to register my squad for the Euro Cup 2 Playoff. However, when I click the Respond button on it, it just takes me to my Squad page, rather than the registration. I can't get to the registration via the Player's dropdown on the Squad page either. Because of this, I can't continue in my game. I've tried exiting the game and restarting it, but that hasn't helped either.

Looking at the stages for the Euro Cup 2, the Playoff round isn't listed, and the previous rounds haven't been played yet.

Since I can't respond to the Inbox item, I can't continue my game. I would very much like to not lose this savegame.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I was able to vacation for 1 day to skip having to respond to it.

Good afternoon Tedium - Do you have the save game from before you had to vacation one day? If not do you know which round of the playoffs it was? Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Good afternoon Tedium - Do you have the save game from before you had to vacation one day? If not do you know which round of the playoffs it was? Thanks. 

I do have a copy of the savegame from the day I got the inbox item, which was Aug 19 2021. The issue happened after I was knocked out of the Euro Cup playoffs, to fall into the Group Stage of the Euro Cup 2.

After I did the vacation, the EC2 group stage draw took place on Aug 27, and the registration for it took place on Sept 1.

My best guess about what happened is that my Euro Cup games happened before the end of the EC2 Fourth Qualifiers, which were played on Aug 26, so the game knew I was in the EC2, but when the registration for the Fourth Qualifying round happened, I was 'participating' in the EC2, so I had to register a squad, but I wasn't in the actual round the registration was for.

How should I share the save-game? The file is too large to upload to the forum.

So in real life Champions League group stages, a nation with four teams will only have 2 playing in one night and the other 2 playing the next night, so for example two Spanish teams in Groups A-D and the other two in Groups E-H. FM20  at least for me doesn't take this into account and I've ended up with get 1 in one night and 3 the next or in one case all for English teams in Groups A-D. In addition it also leads to things like both Madrids playing at home in the same night.

On 09/12/2019 at 16:52, Tedium said:

I do have a copy of the savegame from the day I got the inbox item, which was Aug 19 2021. The issue happened after I was knocked out of the Euro Cup playoffs, to fall into the Group Stage of the Euro Cup 2.

After I did the vacation, the EC2 group stage draw took place on Aug 27, and the registration for it took place on Sept 1.

My best guess about what happened is that my Euro Cup games happened before the end of the EC2 Fourth Qualifiers, which were played on Aug 26, so the game knew I was in the EC2, but when the registration for the Fourth Qualifying round happened, I was 'participating' in the EC2, so I had to register a squad, but I wasn't in the actual round the registration was for.

How should I share the save-game? The file is too large to upload to the forum.

18 hours ago, daspindocta said:

So in real life Champions League group stages, a nation with four teams will only have 2 playing in one night and the other 2 playing the next night, so for example two Spanish teams in Groups A-D and the other two in Groups E-H. FM20  at least for me doesn't take this into account and I've ended up with get 1 in one night and 3 the next or in one case all for English teams in Groups A-D. In addition it also leads to things like both Madrids playing at home in the same night.

This has already been logged by someone internally to be corrected. Thanks for raising. 

14 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Alright, the file has been uploaded. File is called 'TNS soft-locked.fm'

EDIT: for better understanding, please refer to the post #3

I found that there's a serious bug when the game calculates uefa coefficients, and thus leading to the error to the number of teams qualifying for the next season's European match.

uefa%20coefficients_1.jpg

uefa%20coefficients%202_1.jpg

So, basically, the uefa coefficients consist of the recent 5 seasons' performance, (i.e. for coefficients 2020/2021, which decides the entry list of season 2021/22, the results of seasons counted should be included 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, and 19/20, totally 5 years)

However, what I found is that the game counts only 4 seasons coefficients, instead of 5. For the screencap above, take England (1st) as an example, when the proper 15/16 - 19/20 totally 5 seasons are counted, the 20/21 coefficients should be 96.604. When such coefficients is fixed, the ranking should be adjusted. For example, Cyprus (currently 14th) , when the proper 15/16 - 19/20 5 seasons are counted, the coefficients should be 27.88, and Cyprus should be in 16th instead of 14th, and that will see Cyprus only 1 Champions League spot, instead of 2.

As this calculation greatly affects the gameplay, I hope this will change, thanks.

Edited by hoyes02
updated information

Additional Information:

uefa%20coefficients%203.jpg

Apparently this bug only occurs starting from the 2nd season onward (i.e. 2020/21 onward), as I have started another new game, and it seems the calculation is right. (the right calculation only exists in the first season, after that the same error happened)

As you see in this picture, 2019/20 coefficients is correctly calculated (14/15 + 15/16 + 16/17 + 17/18 + 18/19), and 2020/21 coeff = (15/16 + 16/17 + 17/18 + 18/19 + 19/20)

well, I think I better express in this way:

In the end of season 19/20, you can see that each nation's coefficient of season 20/21 is of the following: (the results were sealed)

826123214_uefacoeff1920_1.thumb.jpg.5cb4a39a1b22c8c5896a06760c18c8c5.jpg

Now, when we proceed to the next season, the same coefficients changed!!! because only 4 years are counted instead of 5, and this is the bug which will completely affect the European competition slots allocation!

168457779_uefacoeff2021_1.thumb.jpg.0444d35e0fab0eefec2e12d66db66e5a.jpg

Can Sports Interactive fix this problem? thanks a lot

Season 2021-22 and Champions League preliminary rounds were played at Victoria Stadium (Gibraltar). But clubs in the preliminary round were from San Marino, Andorra, Wales and Estonia, not Gibraltar. I suppose home team should be from one of those four nations.

Europa League playoff round schedule season 2021-22

Playoff round is messed up because playoff round is played same time as 3rd qualifying round (dates 5.8. and 12.8.)

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 21:55, Bashar said:

Season 2021-22 and Champions League preliminary rounds were played at Victoria Stadium (Gibraltar). But clubs in the preliminary round were from San Marino, Andorra, Wales and Estonia, not Gibraltar. I suppose home team should be from one of those four nations.

Thanks - Information on this seems a bit thin, but I think you are right. Certainly shouldn't just be in Gibraltar every season, especially since it was in Kosovo this year. 

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:41, hoyes02 said:

well, I think I better express in this way:

In the end of season 19/20, you can see that each nation's coefficient of season 20/21 is of the following: (the results were sealed)

826123214_uefacoeff1920_1.thumb.jpg.5cb4a39a1b22c8c5896a06760c18c8c5.jpg

Now, when we proceed to the next season, the same coefficients changed!!! because only 4 years are counted instead of 5, and this is the bug which will completely affect the European competition slots allocation!

168457779_uefacoeff2021_1.thumb.jpg.0444d35e0fab0eefec2e12d66db66e5a.jpg

Can Sports Interactive fix this problem? thanks a lot

I believe this is something we are aware of and is under review. 

On 18/12/2019 at 22:41, Christopher Lewis said:

I believe this is something we are aware of and is under review. 

thanks a lot:applause: looking forward to the new fix patch

On 21/12/2019 at 17:52, hoyes02 said:

thanks a lot:applause: looking forward to the new fix patch

I had a look and it's with a coder to correct right now. 

Hi SI,

Im having a problem with europa 2 league, after the group stage there was no drawing and no matches. im corrently at 23 march and no games. the other european competitions are going normal.

Im afraid this will affect the next season has you need the euro 2 cup winner for the europe league

Can you help?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hi,

also having trouble with two teams from the same country meeting in the qualification stage.

Chrudim and Slavia Prague, Czech republic.

image.thumb.png.8fbb0a894144cc11d2a87b305048a85e.png

On 23/12/2019 at 23:45, kastilho said:

Hi SI,

Im having a problem with europa 2 league, after the group stage there was no drawing and no matches. im corrently at 23 march and no games. the other european competitions are going normal.

Im afraid this will affect the next season has you need the euro 2 cup winner for the europe league

Can you help?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hey - Do you have a save game with this issue? Can you upload it to the cloud service? I've attached instructions. Thanks. 

On 24/12/2019 at 13:47, zzaly8 said:

Hi,

also having trouble with two teams from the same country meeting in the qualification stage.

Chrudim and Slavia Prague, Czech republic.

image.thumb.png.8fbb0a894144cc11d2a87b305048a85e.png

This is something we're looking at fixing, Thanks @zzaly8 for raising this. 

I'm drawn against Valur or RB Salzburg. The playoff games is set at August 10th and 17th. But looking at when they are going to face eachother, their games is at August 9th and 16th 

image.thumb.png.477c67c543e08e8f19b10f315c69baff.png

image.thumb.png.02ce1db3494aadeda49f742e0dcebebf.png

image.thumb.png.e27dc8383263cdd570b21630e3938624.png

EDIT: Now at the 10th and no news about my fixture being corrected. Going to report it as a bug.. I have a savegame before the 10th saved. 

They have now faced each other and the fixtures are corrected. But I still thinks it's a bug when we have no chance at facing each other at the first given date? 

image.thumb.png.ede74edd29774173f8bf9ab1340ce40a.png

I'm in the 2021-22 season on my save, and the European Super Cup is being hosted by St Mary's Stadium in Southampton. This seems like a strange choice of venue? Presumably if it was being held in England, it would be at Wembley...

In real life, the venue for the 2021 Super Cup has been announced as Windsor Park in Belfast.

St Marys.PNG

Super Cup 2021.PNG

On 23/12/2019 at 08:57, Christopher Lewis said:

is that save game compatible or not?

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 23:04, BenMcCluskey said:

I'm in the 2021-22 season on my save, and the European Super Cup is being hosted by St Mary's Stadium in Southampton. This seems like a strange choice of venue? Presumably if it was being held in England, it would be at Wembley...

In real life, the venue for the 2021 Super Cup has been announced as Windsor Park in Belfast.

St Marys.PNG

Super Cup 2021.PNG

Thanks for this - we'll review this internally. 

We're also changing it so Windsor Park hosts the 2021 edition every time. 

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:54, KVJ92 said:

I'm drawn against Valur or RB Salzburg. The playoff games is set at August 10th and 17th. But looking at when they are going to face eachother, their games is at August 9th and 16th 

image.thumb.png.477c67c543e08e8f19b10f315c69baff.png

image.thumb.png.02ce1db3494aadeda49f742e0dcebebf.png

image.thumb.png.e27dc8383263cdd570b21630e3938624.png

EDIT: Now at the 10th and no news about my fixture being corrected. Going to report it as a bug.. I have a savegame before the 10th saved. 

Hey - Do you still have the save game before the 10th is set? Could you upload it to the cloud service? Thank you. 

10 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey - Do you still have the save game before the 10th is set? Could you upload it to the cloud service? Thank you. 

I have uploaded a savegame from August 9th. 

It's called: "Brøndby IF possible bug europa league.fm"

13 minutes ago, KVJ92 said:

I have uploaded a savegame from August 9th. 

It's called: "Brøndby IF possible bug europa league.fm"

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks for this - we'll review this internally. 

We're also changing it so Windsor Park hosts the 2021 edition every time. 

Thanks for letting me know - happy to provide a save file if required.

15 hours ago, BenMcCluskey said:

Thanks for letting me know - happy to provide a save file if required.

I'll let you know if I need one. Cheers. 

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Just a small issue.
I cound't find anywhere (not in the rules of the competitions or somewhere else) the rule saying that in the group stage of the Champions League the 3rd team qualifies for the 1st knockout round of the Europa League, and that in the group stage of the Europa League the 3rd team qualifies for the 1st knockout round of the Europa Conference League.

Shouldn't this be reported in the rules of both of these competitions?

Thanks.

Edited by ozymarakis

30 minutes ago, ozymarakis said:

Hello,

Just a small issue.
I cound't find anywhere (not in the rules of the competitions or somewhere else) the rule saying that in the group stage of the Champions League the 3rd team qualifies for the 1st knockout round of the Europa League, and that in the group stage of the Europa League the 3rd team qualifies for the 1st knockout round of the Europa Conference League.

Shouldn't this be reported in the rules of both of these competitions?

Thanks.

This issue has been logged. Thanks for this. 

On 05/01/2020 at 00:06, Travis Bickle said:

is that save game compatible or not?

Any idea? Don't want to bother but I'd be curious if there was a chance the UEFA coefficients fix would be save game compatible. 

Posted (edited)

81969730_469403830396406_4253882235846918144_n.thumb.png.2b629927000fcd1eaecaa9caabe192a3.png

Hello again,
I found another issue and this time i think it's a big one too. It's on the season of the Qatar Winter World Cup, i don't know if that matters. In 2023 to be more specific (after the world cup).
The first knockout round of the Europa League was settled in just 1 leg!!! (i was directly in the draw for the second round of the knockouts), and now the second round of the Europa League (i was drawn with Ajax) also appears to be settled in one leg. (check screenshot)

Anyway this season was a little awkward, probably due to the World Cup (Winter), schedule was too weird in both Domestic and Europe (Europa League matches each week), as you can see in the screenshot, some weeks (there were more in this season) had 4 matches (Saturday to Saturday)!!! it was a little too much in my opinion but ok it is manageable by resting players constantly. What you should also know is that sometimes there was "lag" in the schedule. And by that i mean that the same match appeared twice, one after another in the schedule (same hour, same opponent, same day), but i didn't report it cause it seemed like a glitch and it was fixed by itself cause these matches got to be rearranged due to cup matches (and i didn't think to capture a screenshot :/ )

Hopefully everything gets back to normal after this season and this winter world cup.

Sorry for the long post and thanks!

Edited by ozymarakis

7 hours ago, ozymarakis said:

Hello again,
I found another issue and this time i think it's a big one too. It's on the season of the Qatar Winter World Cup, i don't know if that matters. In 2023 to be more specific (after the world cup).
The first knockout round of the Europa League was settled in just 1 leg!!! (i was directly in the draw for the second round of the knockouts), and now the second round of the Europa League (i was drawn with Ajax) also appears to be settled in one leg. (check screenshot)

This is intentional behaviour to try and reduce fixture congestion in the second half of the season. It's so hard for us to get the level of congestion right in this season because Qatar is ultimately going to cause huge issues with domestic scheduling and there is very limited information about what will happen. We've tried to guess at what the governing bodies will do and a logical way for UEFA to reduce congestion is to make some rounds of it's international competition one leg matches. 

In 2023/24 season the schedule will revert back to the usual. 

On 23/12/2019 at 08:57, Christopher Lewis said:

Any news whether this might be save game compatible? The UEFA Coefficients issue?

15 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

This is intentional behaviour to try and reduce fixture congestion in the second half of the season. It's so hard for us to get the level of congestion right in this season because Qatar is ultimately going to cause huge issues with domestic scheduling and there is very limited information about what will happen. We've tried to guess at what the governing bodies will do and a logical way for UEFA to reduce congestion is to make some rounds of it's international competition one leg matches. 

In 2023/24 season the schedule will revert back to the usual. 

Ahh I see. Ok then! Thanks!

@Christopher Lewis I don't want to be a bother, but do you have any idea if the UEFA Coefficients fix will be save game compatible? I am referring to the issue above in which only 4/5 years count to the coefficients score? 

I know you cannot give a definitive answer but an idea of whether it will be compatible would be nice. 

@FrazT