Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Europe] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Europe competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Club and International)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Europe should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Hiya,

Found a minor issue primarily effecting summer leagues in Europe. If the season has rolled over to become 2020 or 2020/21, but the European competitions have not reached their mid-June reset, the league rules will show qualification based on the old European competitions rather than correctly showing clubs qualifying for the new Euro Cup II competition. This leads me to believe they may also show incorrect qualification places for the Champions Cup if the leagues position in the nation coefficient table has changed but not yet updated, but I've not been able to test that one yet.

Sorry, I know this is another super-nitpicky one. When the new-format Euro Cup and the new Euro Cup II start in the 21-22 season, there's an error on their rules pages. They show the 1st and 2nd placed teams in each group reaching the First Knockout Round. It should show 1st going straight into the Second Knockout Round, as well as 3rd in the Euro Cup and Champions Cup going into the First Knockout Round of the competition below. The actual tournament works absolutely fine, it's purely an issue with the rules page.

Not sure if this is a bug but on lower league English teams I see GP (Guest Player) with contracts of 255k on Dorking Wanderers. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Kotoll46963 said:

Not sure if this is a bug but on lower league English teams I see GP (Guest Player) with contracts of 255k on Dorking Wanderers. Thanks!

Thanks @Kotoll46963 - they definitely shouldn't be on a wage or contract of that type. It's more of a data issue then a league specific one but I've logged it anyway. Cheers. 

Are teams from the same nation supposed to be able to face each other in the first knockout round? (PSG and Marseille) + (Dynamo and Shakhtar)

Genuinely don't know with the new format.

20191101203720_1.thumb.jpg.1ca72c3591ddcc69332594224225e2bc.jpg

Edited by dpt8544

I don't know if this is a licensing issue (if it is then please tell me).
For the Champions League, the qualifying rounds should be in two paths - The Champions Path and the League Path.
Currently in game, they are referred to as 'Champions' and 'Best Placed' which is based on the old names.

In the Europa League AND Europa Conference League, the qualifying rounds should also be in two paths - The Champions Path and the Main Path
Currently in game, they are referred to as 'Champions' and 'Best Placed' which is, again, incorrect.

19 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Hiya,

Found a minor issue primarily effecting summer leagues in Europe. If the season has rolled over to become 2020 or 2020/21, but the European competitions have not reached their mid-June reset, the league rules will show qualification based on the old European competitions rather than correctly showing clubs qualifying for the new Euro Cup II competition. This leads me to believe they may also show incorrect qualification places for the Champions Cup if the leagues position in the nation coefficient table has changed but not yet updated, but I've not been able to test that one yet.

Thanks for spotting this all, I've logged this to be reviewed internally. It does seem to be the incorrect qualification places in general being displayed for the first half of the season.

19 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Sorry, I know this is another super-nitpicky one. When the new-format Euro Cup and the new Euro Cup II start in the 21-22 season, there's an error on their rules pages. They show the 1st and 2nd placed teams in each group reaching the First Knockout Round. It should show 1st going straight into the Second Knockout Round, as well as 3rd in the Euro Cup and Champions Cup going into the First Knockout Round of the competition below. The actual tournament works absolutely fine, it's purely an issue with the rules page.

Good spot, I've logged this internally too.

4 hours ago, dpt8544 said:

Are teams from the same nation supposed to be able to face each other in the first knockout round? (PSG and Marseille) + (Dynamo and Shakhtar)

Genuinely don't know with the new format.

It's a weird one as they haven't officially clarified and you could interpret what they will do based on the currently Euro Cup structure differently - currently knockout rounds with 16 teams don't have country protection so on that basis there isn't in game with the new format. But yeah, we don't really know either in this case.

I should say on a separate note that there is a known issue where the seedings of teams in the First and Second Knockout Rounds of the Euro Cup and Euro Cup II don't make sense currently as well.

3 hours ago, dpt8544 said:

I don't know if this is a licensing issue (if it is then please tell me).
For the Champions League, the qualifying rounds should be in two paths - The Champions Path and the League Path.
Currently in game, they are referred to as 'Champions' and 'Best Placed' which is based on the old names.

In the Europa League AND Europa Conference League, the qualifying rounds should also be in two paths - The Champions Path and the Main Path
Currently in game, they are referred to as 'Champions' and 'Best Placed' which is, again, incorrect.

Cheers, logged too.

From Holland Ajax and PSV both reached group stage of the Champions League. They are the only 2 from Holland. This means in real life that one is in poule A to D and the other in E to H. In my game PSV is in group F and Ajax in G, meaning they play on the same day.

The problems are with more countries. All 4 Italians are in A to D.

There's another issue with the Euro Cup II, it is providing the same amount of prize money as the normal Europa League once it shows up. We don't have a proper set of numbers for prize money as it will be defined once the TV rights are sold for the 2021-2024 competition cycle, but it is safe to assume that the Europa League will have a higher prize money value than the Europa Conference League (especially since rights to them are going to be sold as a bundle to broadcasters). Additionally, the Champions League. Europa League and Europa Conference League should be updating their prize money & TV revenues every 3 years (2021-2024, 2024-2027, 2027-2030, etc.) which it hasn't done in 10 years within my save.

I've done a possible compensation scheme assuming that the total money that UEFA provides for competitions increases to 4 billion euros for the 3 competitions for next cycle (2021-2024) that provides the Europa Conference League clubs with some financial incentives while still meaning that the Europa League is more profitable and the Champions League even moreso. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jco5xYHf57T3YckHwMx3VGztn2bxURhTeQddEcEuHMU/edit?usp=sharing UEFA Future tab)

Think it's important to have a differentiated prize structure between the UEL and the UECL.

Summary: You can't select 22 and 23 years old players for the Euro Under-21 when there is a friendly game before the competition starts.

Description of Issue: In real life players over 21 years old take parts in the competition ( e.g. Ceballos in 2019) but since the under-21 friendlies in the game doesn't let you register player over 21 it generates a conflict if a friendly is scheduled just before the competition. It appears that the AI teams that doesn't have a friendly scheduled have included over 21 years old in their  preliminary 28-man squad but the AI teams with a friendly seems to have the same problem as me.

Steps to Reproduce: Schedule an international friendly for the under-21 in early June 2021.

I uploaded my save in your cloud at the date of the squad registration.

The file name is : Coach Zlie - France Espoirs.fm

In Euro cup rules screen you see group winner goes to first knockout round but that team actually goes to Second Knockout round

image.thumb.png.09d0dafcb808bd19c5bc6ff8e7e0227c.png

Same issue with Euro Cup II 

image.thumb.png.df3b6ba953ea26892cd1ca81ec7a7627.png

And prize money probably should not be the same for those 2 competitions. 

Edited by nikolaww

Hi there, Started a save in FC Porto. Both my main and U19 team are on the uefa youth league competition. Probably because irl Porto didnt qualify to The Champions League and I did so my U19 played the group stage and my main team played the qualification rounds

image.thumb.png.01a7b74b2e2aff4c6b09ba83a0ba9452.pngimage.thumb.png.8ea7937c4d69a6cfaaf1fba57c2d692c.pngimage.thumb.png.a85f4ed82d43508008949a28ce758403.png

5 hours ago, BurntRice0702 said:

Hi there, Started a save in FC Porto. Both my main and U19 team are on the uefa youth league competition. Probably because irl Porto didnt qualify to The Champions League and I did so my U19 played the group stage and my main team played the qualification rounds

image.thumb.png.01a7b74b2e2aff4c6b09ba83a0ba9452.pngimage.thumb.png.8ea7937c4d69a6cfaaf1fba57c2d692c.pngimage.thumb.png.a85f4ed82d43508008949a28ce758403.png

Hi. I am having the same issue, both the main team and the youth team are playing the u19 Champions league. The main is also on the "senior" Champions league as well.

u19.jpg

u19_2.jpg

u19_3.jpg

Edited by RJCPS
Update with the print screens

Screen here

Hi guys,

I am with Lyon on LDC and at the 5th matchs I have 3 points more than the third of the group and the game tells me that I am qualified.

Edited by Kr4meur

1 hour ago, Kr4meur said:

Screen here

Hi guys,

I am with Lyon on LDC and at the 5th matchs I have 3 points more than the third of the group and the game tells me that I am qualified.

Have you already played Inter twice? If you have a better head-to-head record, then you have already qualified.

1 hour ago, Kr4meur said:

Screen here

Hi guys,

Played Inter twice already? What were you results? Because results between teams is more important than goal difference.

14 hours ago, nikolaww said:

In Euro cup rules screen you see group winner goes to first knockout round but that team actually goes to Second Knockout round

image.thumb.png.09d0dafcb808bd19c5bc6ff8e7e0227c.png

They get a bye in both cases, so the way it's done, it's the same as qualifying for the 2nd knockout stage but they also get the bonus prize money from the 1st knockout stage.

5 hours ago, mmmufc said:

Played Inter twice already? What were you results? Because results between teams is more important than goal difference.

5 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

Have you already played Inter twice? If you have a better head-to-head record, then you have already qualified.

Yeah my bad on this one, forgot this (stupid) rule. Sorry for that !

Hi in the first leg of the first elimination after the group stages on the Champions League i haver 2 players who see the red card and they are available to play the second leg...

On 01/11/2019 at 23:43, mmmufc said:

From Holland Ajax and PSV both reached group stage of the Champions League. They are the only 2 from Holland. This means in real life that one is in poule A to D and the other in E to H. In my game PSV is in group F and Ajax in G, meaning they play on the same day.

The problems are with more countries. All 4 Italians are in A to D.

Thanks for this, seems to be the case for the Euro Cup in game as well. I've logged this internally now.

On 02/11/2019 at 19:01, Fr05ty said:

There's another issue with the Euro Cup II, it is providing the same amount of prize money as the normal Europa League once it shows up. We don't have a proper set of numbers for prize money as it will be defined once the TV rights are sold for the 2021-2024 competition cycle, but it is safe to assume that the Europa League will have a higher prize money value than the Europa Conference League (especially since rights to them are going to be sold as a bundle to broadcasters). Additionally, the Champions League. Europa League and Europa Conference League should be updating their prize money & TV revenues every 3 years (2021-2024, 2024-2027, 2027-2030, etc.) which it hasn't done in 10 years within my save.

I've done a possible compensation scheme assuming that the total money that UEFA provides for competitions increases to 4 billion euros for the 3 competitions for next cycle (2021-2024) that provides the Europa Conference League clubs with some financial incentives while still meaning that the Europa League is more profitable and the Champions League even moreso. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jco5xYHf57T3YckHwMx3VGztn2bxURhTeQddEcEuHMU/edit?usp=sharing UEFA Future tab)

Think it's important to have a differentiated prize structure between the UEL and the UECL.

With regards to the prize money and TV revenues in game this isn't covered by the rulegroups but rather is dealt with by the general finances system of the game (which is slightly outside my wheelhouse).

For the Euro Cup II our implementation was done assuming that where there was a lack of knowledge/official clarification as to what would happen we defaulted to how the Euro Cup works. This was the case with the prize money side of things as well where we opted to copy over the Euro Cup rather than make assumptions (especially given the timeframe to implement).

That said, that is quite an impressive spreadsheet and is a good estimation as to how the money would be distributed to Euro Cup II relative to the other competitions. I don't think we can set the increase to 4 billion in advance but I'm happy to log a bug internally suggesting the Euro Cup II prize money be shifted to be relative to Euro Cup at the same rate as in the spreadsheet. :)

On 02/11/2019 at 20:23, Conchis said:

I have problems registering players for Champions League with Galatasaray. I tried registering the official squad listed here:

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2020/clubs/club=50067/squad/

but at least 2 players get left out due to registration rules. UEFA doesn't list the homegrown status of course, so I have no idea what's going on.

Hi there, if you still have the save around could you upload a save close to squad registration to our cloud service please? Thanks

On 03/11/2019 at 08:10, nikolaww said:

On 03/11/2019 at 08:26, nikolaww said:

Same issue with Euro Cup II 

And prize money probably should not be the same for those 2 competitions. 

This is logged internally and under review currently (as is the prize money being the same).

On 03/11/2019 at 11:50, BurntRice0702 said:

On 03/11/2019 at 17:07, RJCPS said:

Hi. I am having the same issue, both the main team and the youth team are playing the u19 Champions league. The main is also on the "senior" Champions league as well.

Thanks for raising this, we are aware of this issue and it is under review internally.

54 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

With regards to the prize money and TV revenues in game this isn't covered by the rulegroups but rather is dealt with by the general finances system of the game (which is slightly outside my wheelhouse).

For the Euro Cup II our implementation was done assuming that where there was a lack of knowledge/official clarification as to what would happen we defaulted to how the Euro Cup works. This was the case with the prize money side of things as well where we opted to copy over the Euro Cup rather than make assumptions (especially given the timeframe to implement).

That said, that is quite an impressive spreadsheet and is a good estimation as to how the money would be distributed to Euro Cup II relative to the other competitions. I don't think we can set the increase to 4 billion in advance but I'm happy to log a bug internally suggesting the Euro Cup II prize money be shifted to be relative to Euro Cup at the same rate as in the spreadsheet. :)

Thanks, I get that the increase to 4 billion might be too much, but the ratio is probably decent enough to make it worthwhile to smaller clubs to take the Euro Cup II seriously as a growth measure until they can do deep runs in the Euro Cup.  Currently feels like a cheat that both competitions give the same money and thus from a financial standpoint, you're better off going through the Euro Cup II as you'll find weaker opposition.

On 02/11/2019 at 21:56, dodonpa said:

Summary: You can't select 22 and 23 years old players for the Euro Under-21 when there is a friendly game before the competition starts.

Description of Issue: In real life players over 21 years old take parts in the competition ( e.g. Ceballos in 2019) but since the under-21 friendlies in the game doesn't let you register player over 21 it generates a conflict if a friendly is scheduled just before the competition. It appears that the AI teams that doesn't have a friendly scheduled have included over 21 years old in their  preliminary 28-man squad but the AI teams with a friendly seems to have the same problem as me.

Steps to Reproduce: Schedule an international friendly for the under-21 in early June 2021.

I uploaded my save in your cloud at the date of the squad registration.

The file name is : Coach Zlie - France Espoirs.fm

Thanks for this, I've logged this internally to be reviewed.

On 03/11/2019 at 21:25, PogoL said:

in Europa League Qual. in each round each match starts at the same time. 

Hi PogoL, are there set times for the qualifying rounds that should be implemented?

18 hours ago, Mafimeister said:

Hi in the first leg of the first elimination after the group stages on the Champions League i haver 2 players who see the red card and they are available to play the second leg...

Hi there, could you upload your save game to our cloud service please and we'll investigate? Thanks

https://community.sigames.com/topic/495118-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

16c5c5dba0a2fe09844e5f94b9ee5129.png

UEFA Youth League matches is showed at the senior team match fixture AND I have to manage the team?

17 minutes ago, Berendt said:

16c5c5dba0a2fe09844e5f94b9ee5129.png

UEFA Youth League matches is showed at the senior team match fixture AND I have to manage the team?

This has already been raised in the thread.

On 04/11/2019 at 17:56, Freddie Sands said:

Thanks for raising this, we are aware of this issue and it is under review internally.

Euro Cup II coefficients system doesn´t work. Just checked that clubs of countries that participate in qualifying rounds of Euro Cup II have draws or wins but those are not counted in coefficients table.

It is not possible that countries participated in Euro Cup II doesn´t get any coefficients points from qualifying rounds.

There's a few issues with the Europe Nations Club Coefficients:

• The figures are showing as being to two decimal places when they should really be three (see here). This is only a problem with the figures already there, the new figures calculated by the game for future seasons correctly use three decimal places
  • Albania's 2018/19 points are missing, meaning they start 41st in the table when they should be 36th (should be 1.000 rather than 0.000 as per above link)
  • Kosovo's 2017/18 points are wrong, meaning they start 47th in the table when they should be 53rd (should be 0.000 rather than 2.500 as per above link)

Hi everyone, 

Are you aware about an issue with the registration in the new european league ?

In this french thread, the user didn't have a mail for the registration and now he can also select U20/U18 players to play his matches.

I can ask him more information if needed.

As shown on the picture,two Serbian teams playing against each other in UEL ,which to my knowledge is not possible. This is the Playoff for the UEL itself ,Partizan lost in the 3rd round of UCL.
Screenshot_1325.thumb.png.78dd0781c3d1e0cabffd623373298b48.png

Edited by DjafteKurafte

On 06/11/2019 at 13:01, Akasha said:

Hi everyone, 

Are you aware about an issue with the registration in the new european league ?

In this french thread, the user didn't have a mail for the registration and now he can also select U20/U18 players to play his matches.

I can ask him more information if needed.

We've got this logged to be corrected - a user in England had the same problem where the inbox item doesn't get sent. Thanks. 

13 hours ago, DjafteKurafte said:

As shown on the picture,two Serbian teams playing against each other in UEL ,which to my knowledge is not possible. This is the Playoff for the UEL itself ,Partizan lost in the 3rd round of UCL.
Screenshot_1325.thumb.png.78dd0781c3d1e0cabffd623373298b48.png

12 hours ago, Masterfries26 said:

hi i think i found a bug in the UEL qualifying round. teams from the same nation cannot meet but as you can see:

i got Thun as Basel

72.thumb.png.cc4942bc0c90628e0429d950211e2759.png

Hey guys - Could either of you upload this save to the cloud server as soon as possible? I've attached instructions. Many thanks. 

On 05/11/2019 at 20:31, Bashar said:

Euro Cup II coefficients system doesn´t work. Just checked that clubs of countries that participate in qualifying rounds of Euro Cup II have draws or wins but those are not counted in coefficients table.

It is not possible that countries participated in Euro Cup II doesn´t get any coefficients points from qualifying rounds.

This is being investigated today as we try to work out why this isn't working. 

20 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey guys - Could either of you upload this save to the cloud server as soon as possible? I've attached instructions. Many thanks. 

Hey Christopher ,i've uploaded my file,its called "Predrag Čolaković - Red Star.fm"

Edited by DjafteKurafte

On 06/11/2019 at 00:15, scottmcl84 said:

There's a few issues with the Europe Nations Club Coefficients:

• The figures are showing as being to two decimal places when they should really be three (see here). This is only a problem with the figures already there, the new figures calculated by the game for future seasons correctly use three decimal places
  • Albania's 2018/19 points are missing, meaning they start 41st in the table when they should be 36th (should be 1.000 rather than 0.000 as per above link)
  • Kosovo's 2017/18 points are wrong, meaning they start 47th in the table when they should be 53rd (should be 0.000 rather than 2.500 as per above link)

Thanks for these - under review with the Data team. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey. i did upload my file. the name of the save is: "Dream Maestro - Basel bug el swiss.fm"