Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[South America] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for South America competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Club and International)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for South America should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Just now, ucdark said:

Copa Libertadores, Sudamericana and Recopa.

11 players and 12 reserves, now you can only choose 7.

http://www.conmebol.com/sites/default/files/reglamento-conmebol-libertadores-2019-esp.pdf

ART.92, this error was part of FM19 also.

Yes, this is known and should be fixed by the time of the final release.

Hi! Not sure if this is a bug or just the way it is but i will ask to clarify this for myself.

Played 2 season in Chile with Colo Colo now and have noticed i havent seen any messages about league an team coefficient points (like we have in Europe). Does this format/model exist here and its a bug or does it not exist? A bit bad you cant make a league/club climb to improve number of teams in Copa Libertadores etc.. 

Skjermbilde 2019-11-13 kl. 00.10.37.png

23 hours ago, Llainen said:

Hi! Not sure if this is a bug or just the way it is but i will ask to clarify this for myself.

Played 2 season in Chile with Colo Colo now and have noticed i havent seen any messages about league an team coefficient points (like we have in Europe). Does this format/model exist here and its a bug or does it not exist? A bit bad you cant make a league/club climb to improve number of teams in Copa Libertadores etc.. 

Skjermbilde 2019-11-13 kl. 00.10.37.png

It's intentional as Conmebol I think are the ones who just choose how many places each nation gets. It's not based on coefficient or anything like the European or Asian nations. 

In reality this doesn't work... it's been a while in real life that Paraguayans and Ecuatorians club gets quarterfinals, semifinalss and finals of Libertadores and Sudamericana above Chilean team performances that they even did not qualify to 2nd round (playoffs) and Chile have better spots... As chilean, i find it injustice, but Conmebol do what they want.

44 minutes ago, ucdark said:

In reality this doesn't work... it's been a while in real life that Paraguayans and Ecuatorians club gets quarterfinals, semifinalss and finals of Libertadores and Sudamericana above Chilean team performances that they even did not qualify to 2nd round (playoffs) and Chile have better spots... As chilean, i find it injustice, but Conmebol do what they want.

oo wow that is very weird. Do you know why or is just Comnebol choosing to give the most popular leagues the most spots?

hace 8 horas, Llainen dijo:

oo wow that is very weird. Do you know why or is just Comnebol choosing to give the most popular leagues the most spots?

Don't know for sure. Think in Asia and North America are predetermined too, only Europe and Africa changes by clubs performance and Oceania by FIFA ranking

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Liga_más_fuerte_de_Sudamérica_del_Siglo_XXI

Paraguay is 4th and Chile 5th ... but Chile get better spots (?)

It should be a nice job if in the game the spots were changed by club performances, but it will be unreal bc conmebol made it that way.

Edited by ucdark

15 hours ago, ucdark said:

Don't know for sure. Think in Asia and North America are predetermined too, only Europe and Africa changes by clubs performance and Oceania by FIFA ranking

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Liga_más_fuerte_de_Sudamérica_del_Siglo_XXI

Paraguay is 4th and Chile 5th ... but Chile get better spots (?)

It should be a nice job if in the game the spots were changed by club performances, but it will be unreal bc conmebol made it that way.

Yeah would be very nice but unreal as you say In game Chile is ranked 3rd..But in the link you send there is a point/scoring system so there has to be something they are basing it on.

CONMEBOL's decisions are too much based on political influence and $$$.

A coefficients system would be nice in real life though.

En 15/11/2019 a las 14:31, PMLF dijo:

CONMEBOL's decisions are too much based on political influence and $$$.

A coefficients system would be nice in real life though.

Maybe a Fantasy patch (?)

San Martin (Tucumán) still continues to qualify for the Copa Libertadores or Copa Sudamericana for no reason. We reported it from the alpha phase and it continues to happen.

Recently started a save as Santos and made it through to the second round of the copsudamericana but the second round was never drawn despite all the first round matches being paid and the second stage just continues to be pushed back without ever being drawn. 

I'm having the same issue as KingShearer95currently playing with Estudiantes de la Plata in ~2025, and the second draw of Sudamericana Cup is never done, date keeps moving forward day after day (the same for the estimated draw date for the remaining rounds) and at this rate it won't be played this year, and I don't know what's going to happen next year.

It wont draw on vacation mode, it's the same result, draw date gets moved forward alongside the regular day change.

Chilean league has unrealistic transfer values, 90% are free transfers, big sales are totally undervalued and even some notorious signings such as promising youngsters and established players are going for free

Anotación 2019-11-21 115630.jpeg

Anotación 2019-11-21 115259.jpeg

Anotación 2019-11-21 114955.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Martini said:

Chilean league has unrealistic transfer values, 90% are free transfers, big sales are totally undervalued and even some notorious signings such as promising youngsters and established players are going for free

Anotación 2019-11-21 115630.jpeg

Anotación 2019-11-21 115259.jpeg

Anotación 2019-11-21 114955.jpeg

This is either a database & research issue if all the players are undervalued, or a transfers & contracts issue.  Would try the transfers & contracts forum first https://community.sigames.com/forum/742-transfers-contracts-and-staff-responsibilities/

1 hour ago, Geomancer said:

I'm having the same issue as KingShearer95currently playing with Estudiantes de la Plata in ~2025, and the second draw of Sudamericana Cup is never done, date keeps moving forward day after day (the same for the estimated draw date for the remaining rounds) and at this rate it won't be played this year, and I don't know what's going to happen next year.

It wont draw on vacation mode, it's the same result, draw date gets moved forward alongside the regular day change.

Can you provide us a save demonstrating this issue please?  

5 hours ago, KingShearer95 said:

Recently started a save as Santos and made it through to the second round of the copsudamericana but the second round was never drawn despite all the first round matches being paid and the second stage just continues to be pushed back without ever being drawn. 

7 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Thanks for the quick response, I have just uploaded my save game: Nicolas Alvargonzalez - Unemployed

58 minutes ago, Geomancer said:

Thanks for the quick response, I have just uploaded my save game: Nicolas Alvargonzalez - Unemployed

Hey - Using your save game I've logged a bug about the draw date repeatedly being moved back. 

For me the draw does eventually take place though. It takes place between May 10th and May 17th and the second round starts playing fixtures on Wednesday 21st May. 

55 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey - Using your save game I've logged a bug about the draw date repeatedly being moved back. 

For me the draw does eventually take place though. It takes place between May 10th and May 17th and the second round starts playing fixtures on Wednesday 21st May. 

Awesome! I was afraid of continuing the game as didn't know if it was going to massively fail at the end of the year if somehow the cup needs to be played twice at the same time next year, LOL.

Thank you!

Edited by Geomancer
Typo

A few Copa America Issues:

1.  In the group stage only 7 substitutes are allowed, should be 12 (as in this match from this summer's tournament, for example: http://estadisticas.conmebol.com/html/v3/index.html?channel=deportes.futbol.copaamerica.462513&lang=es_LA)

2. In the semi-finals and third place playoff, there should be an extra substitution allowed during extra time (just like in the final, which is correct in the game).

3. In 2020, Colombia plays in group A which is hosted by Argentina, while Argentina plays in group B which is hosted by Colombia. They should each be the host of their respective groups.

4. The final is supposed to be hosted by Colombia, not Argentina

Also, while the full match schedule of the Copa hasn't been announced yet, it's unlikely that the five group stage rounds will be condensed into two weeks, followed by more than a week's break before the quarter final. More likely the group stage will be a little more spread out...

Just now, Deuce said:

A few Copa America Issues:

1.  In the group stage only 7 substitutes are allowed, should be 12 (as in this match from this summer's tournament, for example: http://estadisticas.conmebol.com/html/v3/index.html?channel=deportes.futbol.copaamerica.462513&lang=es_LA)

2. In the semi-finals and third place playoff, there should be an extra substitution allowed during extra time (just like in the final, which is correct in the game).

3. In 2020, Colombia plays in group A which is hosted by Argentina, while Argentina plays in group B which is hosted by Colombia. They should each be the host of their respective groups.

4. The final is supposed to be hosted by Colombia, not Argentina

Also, while the full match schedule of the Copa hasn't been announced yet, it's unlikely that the five group stage rounds will be condensed into two weeks, followed by more than a week's break before the quarter final. More likely the group stage will be a little more spread out...

Thanks, I have logged the above.

The calendar will probably be announced soon enough in real life (maybe around January or so).

Copa Libertadores draws for the last team of group H never happen.

After the Third qualifying round, one of the teams should be drawn to group H, but it never is. I've uploaded a save just before the last game of the qualifying round. Helton Leal 3 - Flamengo.fm

I am playing as Flamengo and I am in the Copa Libertadores but I am not playing any matches? The groups have been drawn and there are 8 but 3 of the groups have 3 teams in and are not playing any matches? All the other groups which have 4 teams are playing their matches. I’ve checked my schedule and I haven’t got any Libertadores games scheduled anywhere?

Hello!

I'm playing with Gremio, at the Brazilian league, and after passing by the Group phase of Copa Libertadores, the next phases games never occur. 
The dates are there, the registering is there, but the games never occur. 

With that, I'm pretty much with a lost save... 

On 22/11/2019 at 03:12, Himelion said:

Copa Libertadores draws for the last team of group H never happen.

After the Third qualifying round, one of the teams should be drawn to group H, but it never is. I've uploaded a save just before the last game of the qualifying round. Helton Leal 3 - Flamengo.fm

On 23/11/2019 at 18:05, daz218 said:

I am playing as Flamengo and I am in the Copa Libertadores but I am not playing any matches? The groups have been drawn and there are 8 but 3 of the groups have 3 teams in and are not playing any matches? All the other groups which have 4 teams are playing their matches. I’ve checked my schedule and I haven’t got any Libertadores games scheduled anywhere?

13 hours ago, thiagotietze said:

Hello!

I'm playing with Gremio, at the Brazilian league, and after passing by the Group phase of Copa Libertadores, the next phases games never occur. 
The dates are there, the registering is there, but the games never occur. 

With that, I'm pretty much with a lost save... 

Thanks for this guys - we're reviewing this with a high priority. 

@daz218 - Can you provide a save before the Group Stage Draw? @Himelion thanks for the save - do you also have a save before the group is drawn?

@thiagotietze - Can I get a save game where this is happening? Thank you. 

8 hours ago, thiagotietze said:

@Christopher Lewis Hey!
Just uploaded my save there in the SI Cloud Service.
The name of the save is Thiago Tietze - Grêmio.fm

At this point the second phase of direct matches is running, but no games played

That seems to be also caused by the groups with 3 teams not being allocated a 4th team. It is logged. 

On 26/11/2019 at 06:56, Christopher Lewis said:

That seems to be also caused by the groups with 3 teams not being allocated a 4th team. It is logged. 

Hello. I have the same problem.
The Libertadores Cup with some groups containing only 3 teams and does not continue after the first phase.

forwarded saved game file to Si cloud service named Junior Spies - Grêmio (v03)

20 hours ago, Junior spies said:

Hello. I have the same problem.
The Libertadores Cup with some groups containing only 3 teams and does not continue after the first phase.

forwarded saved game file to Si cloud service named Junior Spies - Grêmio (v03)

Thanks for the save. 

Uma competição dos Libertadores das Américas, começa com um pré, por vezes não avançou em uma fase de grupos, grupos de grupos apenas 3 vezes, outros grupos jogam normalmente, por um período de grupos que não são avançados e os grupos com 3 vezes fica sem jogar 

2 hours ago, franchinirangel said:

Uma competição dos Libertadores das Américas, começa com um pré, por vezes não avançou em uma fase de grupos, grupos de grupos apenas 3 vezes, outros grupos jogam normalmente, por um período de grupos que não são avançados e os grupos com 3 vezes fica sem jogar 

Thanks @franchinirangel - This is an issue we're working on fixing. 

I had an issue with Copa Sudamericana. I'm Lanus, I got 9th on Superliga and should have qualified to Sudamericana. Instead I got a couple of interesting things to happen:

1) I had one more game to play and my striker complained about breaking the promise of getting into international competitions, this was right as I was out then, but the Superliga wasn't clearly over.

2) I won the last game, and got the message about qualifying.

3) I went over all the management talks for a new contract and vision, and they mentioned specifically the cup and objectives (I think 3rd round).

4) New year went by, and somehow I'm not even in Sudamericana Preliminary Round, and EVERYTHING I search ingame, points to I'm becoming schizophrenic because... this never happened. For the game, I never qualified to Sudamericana, something must have snapped after new year.

Sadly, the rolling saves are very recent, so I just uploaded my current save, I hope there is something to see, maybe "under the hood", as I don't think anyone will find any reference to me classifying into the cup haha.

Nicolas Alvargonzalez - Unemployed is the name of the savegame (from december 2nd).

Thank you!

@thiagotietze I tested my old save and the issue persisted. I've started a new save, however, and as of February 28, all groups have fours clubs. I could tell that was happening on January 18, when the groups with three teams showed a fourth team as "Third Qualifying Round Math X Winner" or something like that.

13 hours ago, thiagotietze said:

Hey @Christopher Lewis!
Do you know if the fixes for libertadores and other south american championships are contained in the latest hotfix release?

7 hours ago, Himelion said:

@thiagotietze I tested my old save and the issue persisted. I've started a new save, however, and as of February 28, all groups have fours clubs. I could tell that was happening on January 18, when the groups with three teams showed a fourth team as "Third Qualifying Round Math X Winner" or something like that.

There are some fixes in this update for some South American competitions. They will need a new game. Main one we fixed was the issue with issue with groups not having 4 teams. 

I searched but couldn't find this. In my game It's Australia B, not Australia in the Copa America. 

In reality the full Socceroos are playing, not a B side. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 08:03, gmcker said:

I searched but couldn't find this. In my game It's Australia B, not Australia in the Copa America. 

In reality the full Socceroos are playing, not a B side. 

Apologies for this, this has been picked up in-house already and is in our system to be fixed.