Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Australia] (Official) League Specific Issues

Recommended Posts

Please post any specific issues for Australia competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Australia should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The A-League sub rules have changed and should have 7 subs with 3 being U23 players. Source: https://www.a-league.com.au/news/hyundai-a-league-clubs-able-add-additional-u-23-players-substitute-bench-upcoming-season

The minimum wage should also be changed to $47,792 for U20 and $64,113 for over 20.

The squad registration rules are also incorrect. There needs to be an allocation for 9 U20 Australian players on full-time minimum wage contracts outside of the salary cap. Without this rule clubs will release players on registration day because they can only register 23 players on full-time contracts, when in real life they can actually have 32. Source: https://www.a-league.com.au/salary-cap-system

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Western United aren't meant to playing in the FFA Cup for the first season as they are the brand new team in the A-League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The FFA format is incorrect as there should be a minimum of 2 non A-league sides at this stage to guarantee at least 1 non A-league team makes the semi finals.


 eXP45EJ.png
 

All relevant information can be found here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macarthur FC are active in transfer activity during the opening season. I received a loan offer from them for one of my players. They aren't actually an entity yet, nor do they have a squad. I get that this is a tricky thing to program in, as they will have to artfully assemble an entire A-League squad for the 2nd season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also for all FFA cup games, Any team outside the top division will get their games as HOME and not as random as is in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2019 at 08:01, HawkAussie said:

Western United aren't meant to playing in the FFA Cup for the first season as they are the brand new team in the A-League.

We should have this corrected for release. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Azami_Nene said:

also for all FFA cup games, Any team outside the top division will get their games as HOME and not as random as is in the game.

 

On 04/11/2019 at 08:17, Stony said:

The FFA format is incorrect as there should be a minimum of 2 non A-league sides at this stage to guarantee at least 1 non A-league team makes the semi finals.


 eXP45EJ.png
 

All relevant information can be found here.

Thanks guys - seems a change we recently made might have impacted on this. It's under review. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2019 at 21:05, Dantè Hicks said:

Macarthur FC are active in transfer activity during the opening season. I received a loan offer from them for one of my players. They aren't actually an entity yet, nor do they have a squad. I get that this is a tricky thing to program in, as they will have to artfully assemble an entire A-League squad for the 2nd season. 

This is a trickier thing to do - as understandably the AI will try to sign some players and begin to assemble a squad. But we'll see what we can do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2019 at 04:22, wannachupbrew said:

The A-League sub rules have changed and should have 7 subs with 3 being U23 players. Source: https://www.a-league.com.au/news/hyundai-a-league-clubs-able-add-additional-u-23-players-substitute-bench-upcoming-season

The minimum wage should also be changed to $47,792 for U20 and $64,113 for over 20.

The squad registration rules are also incorrect. There needs to be an allocation for 9 U20 Australian players on full-time minimum wage contracts outside of the salary cap. Without this rule clubs will release players on registration day because they can only register 23 players on full-time contracts, when in real life they can actually have 32. Source: https://www.a-league.com.au/salary-cap-system

 

@Christopher Lewis any update on the substitution and registration rules? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

This is a trickier thing to do - as understandably the AI will try to sign some players and begin to assemble a squad. But we'll see what we can do. 

Maybe a transfer embargo until the January window? Western United started making their first signings around that time last season, so that would be realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wannachupbrew said:

@Christopher Lewis any update on the substitution and registration rules? 

I don't know if we enforce the U23 rule, but we should be able to at least make it 7 subs. The minimum wage is being double checked with the HR. 

 

4 hours ago, wannachupbrew said:

The squad registration rules are also incorrect. There needs to be an allocation for 9 U20 Australian players on full-time minimum wage contracts outside of the salary cap. Without this rule clubs will release players on registration day because they can only register 23 players on full-time contracts, when in real life they can actually have 32. Source: https://www.a-league.com.au/salary-cap-system

I believe this is a feature that has been requested.

 

1 hour ago, wannachupbrew said:

Maybe a transfer embargo until the January window? Western United started making their first signings around that time last season, so that would be realistic.

We'll have a discussion about the best course of action is. This is a reasonable suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

I don't know if we enforce the U23 rule, but we should be able to at least make it 7 subs. The minimum wage is being double checked with the HR. 

 

I believe this is a feature that has been requested.

 

We'll have a discussion about the best course of action is. This is a reasonable suggestion.

Thanks mate. For the substitution rule, if it's set to 3 from 7 and you also have the match squad rule 'Minimum of U23 Players in Match Squad' set to 3 and it will work correctly. I've tested it with the 2019 editor and it works perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, wannachupbrew said:

Thanks mate. For the substitution rule, if it's set to 3 from 7 and you also have the match squad rule 'Minimum of U23 Players in Match Squad' set to 3 and it will work correctly. I've tested it with the 2019 editor and it works perfect. 

True, however for substitutions, teams can still opt to use 5 substitutes if they don't want to change the Mininum of U23 players rule, obviously most teams if not all will opt to the new system.

Also the logo for the A-League is incorrect as it is still using the old logo and not the updated one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed that almost half the league have not registered players and are using their youth squads in the A-League. The league is loaded I started the save in January 2020 (Singapore season start from memory). I am managing in Scotland.

 

 

Screenshot_20191111-205533_Remote Desktop.jpg

Screenshot_20191111-211641_Remote Desktop.jpg

Edited by bradvcf
Added screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2019 at 09:01, HawkAussie said:

Western United aren't meant to playing in the FFA Cup for the first season as they are the brand new team in the A-League.

I haven't played in the cup in the first season.

ffacup.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is a bug or not

 

But Wellington Phoenix can't seem to qualify for the Champions League. I'm guessing this is because they are based in Oceania rather than Asia. Thought they'd be similar to sides in other leagues (MLS , Switzerland) where sides represent the nation they play in during Continental Competitions rather than the nation the club is based in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThePablo said:

Not sure if this is a bug or not

 

But Wellington Phoenix can't seem to qualify for the Champions League. I'm guessing this is because they are based in Oceania rather than Asia. Thought they'd be similar to sides in other leagues (MLS , Switzerland) where sides represent the nation they play in during Continental Competitions rather than the nation the club is based in

Wellington can't qualify in real life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keen to get some thoughts on this from fellow A-League FMers. And perhaps see if anything can be done from the folks here at SI.

The NPL squad and youth team situation seems a tad cumbersome. The NPL clubs are listed as an affiliate in FM2020, but they are part of the actual A-League club, not an affiliate. The NPL side and youth side, should in effect be the same 'club' or entity. One (the NPL side) plays in the winter months (A-League off-season), the other plays 10 or so games concurrently during the A-League season (National Youth League - NYL). Also the 'B-sqaud' that seems present when you filter on the squad page is odd. There is no B-squad. There's just the youth/NPL side - which should just be one page, that simply plays in two different competitions (NPL and NYL) at different times during a calendar year. 

Not sure if anything can actually be done about this, but it grinds my gears. Yes the NPL manager manages the squad, but ultimately the A-League manager is in charge of these players. Yet they are disconnected somewhat by being at an 'affiliate'. 

Edited by Dantè Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dantè Hicks said:

Keen to get some thoughts on this from fellow A-League FMers. And perhaps see if anything can be done from the folks here at SI.

The NPL squad and youth team situation seems a tad cumbersome. The NPL clubs are listed as an affiliate in FM2020, but they are part of the actual A-League club, not an affiliate. The NPL side and youth side, should in effect be the same 'club' or entity. One (the NPL side) plays in the winter months (A-League off-season), the other plays 10 or so games concurrently during the A-League season (National Youth League - NYL). Also the 'B-sqaud' that seems present when you filter on the squad page is odd. There is no B-squad. There's just the youth/NPL side - which should just be one page, that simply plays in two different competitions (NPL and NYL) at different times during a calendar year. 

Not sure if anything can actually be done about this, but it grinds my gears. Yes the NPL manager manages the squad, but ultimately the A-League manager is in charge of these players. Yet they are disconnected somewhat by being at an 'affiliate'. 

Personally, I'd like to see them setup like B sides are in Germany or Spain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the away fans attendance correct? I have this only when hosting other Melbourne teams.

I've never played in Australia before, so I'm quite suprised, seeing more away than home fans at the attendance.

Bez tytułu.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, estewu said:

Is the away fans attendance correct? I have this only when hosting other Melbourne teams.

I've never played in Australia before, so I'm quite suprised, seeing more away than home fans at the attendance.

Bez tytułu.jpg

If it was Melbourne Victory I’d say yes. Not Melbourne City. Even so, the total crowd seems really high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nick1408 said:

If it was Melbourne Victory I’d say yes. Not Melbourne City. Even so, the total crowd seems really high

It was a final game of the season, just after securing the league title, maybe that's why.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, estewu said:

It was a final game of the season, just after securing the league title, maybe that's why.

 

Maybe. New side so will be interesting to see if they do end up pulling a crowd like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very curious about the A-League independence that is happening next season. I'm still just in pre-season in my current save, but has anyone seen if this has been programmed in? If so - what is it like?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2019 at 10:08, Dantè Hicks said:

Keen to get some thoughts on this from fellow A-League FMers. And perhaps see if anything can be done from the folks here at SI.

The NPL squad and youth team situation seems a tad cumbersome. The NPL clubs are listed as an affiliate in FM2020, but they are part of the actual A-League club, not an affiliate. The NPL side and youth side, should in effect be the same 'club' or entity. One (the NPL side) plays in the winter months (A-League off-season), the other plays 10 or so games concurrently during the A-League season (National Youth League - NYL). Also the 'B-sqaud' that seems present when you filter on the squad page is odd. There is no B-squad. There's just the youth/NPL side - which should just be one page, that simply plays in two different competitions (NPL and NYL) at different times during a calendar year. 

Not sure if anything can actually be done about this, but it grinds my gears. Yes the NPL manager manages the squad, but ultimately the A-League manager is in charge of these players. Yet they are disconnected somewhat by being at an 'affiliate'. 

It would be nice to see the NPL/NYL side be combined as a Reserves/B-Team with an U20s youth squad who also play in the NPL 20s comp.

The NYL squads are also known to invite talented youngsters from other state NPL sides to keep them playing all year round as a sort of 'trial' which would be a nice implementation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2019 at 11:04, Dantè Hicks said:

Very curious about the A-League independence that is happening next season. I'm still just in pre-season in my current save, but has anyone seen if this has been programmed in? If so - what is it like?

 

 

I don’t think it is - but I’m not really sure what impact that would have to FM at this time.

The changes we expect from the ‘independence’ are mostly either commercial improvements or rule changes (ie salary cap changes).

In the real world A-League, the only major rule change is the 7 subs bit - unsure if that’s in FM atm. As ither rule changes come in, I guess we’ll have to wait for FM21 to see those!

As for the commercial aspect - not sure if there’s much FM would simulate - maybe a bit more money from TV and the likelihood of extra sponsorships being a bit higher?

 

Who are you playing in the A-League mate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignore the incorrect logo for the league, but the National Youth League does not include the two new A-League teams, Macarthur and Western United, even a few years into the save when they both are up and running as A-League clubs

 

 

Screenshot_4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 01:16, Co2en5 said:

Ignore the incorrect logo for the league, but the National Youth League does not include the two new A-League teams, Macarthur and Western United, even a few years into the save when they both are up and running as A-League clubs

 

 

Screenshot_4.png

I've asked the HR about what we should do with these teams. Personally I'd like to see them added at some point in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having an issue where after 2 or 3 games of the season players are saying I have broken a promise to make the latter stages of the Hyundai league, I have been top 4 both times after 3 games so in playoff part and now players wanting to be sold, has happened twice and is really annoying as we are doing really and they are two important players of my team. Any idea as to why? Has only happened in my A-League save

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2020 at 11:11, DarryLips said:

I am having an issue where after 2 or 3 games of the season players are saying I have broken a promise to make the latter stages of the Hyundai league, I have been top 4 both times after 3 games so in playoff part and now players wanting to be sold, has happened twice and is really annoying as we are doing really and they are two important players of my team. Any idea as to why? Has only happened in my A-League save

This sounds similar to a bug that occurred in the earliest Beta version of FM where leagues with playoffs were having issues with promises/expectations, so it could potentially be that if your save game was started during the pre-release Beta.

Either way, would you be alright to upload a save game from before a promise is broken (or failing that, after) to our cloud service if possible please? Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone has discovered this yet. Finally managed to get around to buying the game, decided to start in charge of Macarthur FC. June 1st rolls around and receive a message notifying me that the transfer of Tommy Oar is cancelled as Macarthur FC are not allowed Marquee signings

TommyOar.thumb.jpg.21b9ac399b91ae42a0d3612df74b1c74.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question. I am currently playing in the A-League and have several players out on loan to the non-playable state league teams. I have just had a report back on one of my loaned players scoring a goal in a friendly against an international team(Al-Sadd in Qatar). I thought it was odd so I checked into the schedules and the fixture isn't mentioned for either team. I have seen it happen before playing against serie C teams in Australia. Is this something that other A-league players have seen? Does it affect other leagues when loaning players to non-playable leagues?

AlSaddFixtures.png

Friendlyreport.png

SydutdFixtures.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2020 at 19:37, Freddie Sands said:

This sounds similar to a bug that occurred in the earliest Beta version of FM where leagues with playoffs were having issues with promises/expectations, so it could potentially be that if your save game was started during the pre-release Beta.

Either way, would you be alright to upload a save game from before a promise is broken (or failing that, after) to our cloud service if possible please? Thanks

 

I am having a similar issue with my save and I had only purchased my game well after the game came out. Is my game broken forever or is there a fix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Twizted_seed said:

I am having a similar issue with my save and I had only purchased my game well after the game came out. Is my game broken forever or is there a fix?

Could you please upload a save file to the SI Cloud server just before it claims that you failed that promise? Thank you very much. You can upload it to the cloud server using the instructions below.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Could you please upload a save file to the SI Cloud server just before it claims that you failed that promise? Thank you very much. You can upload it to the cloud server using the instructions below.

 

 

I have gone past it but I have screen shots.

 

Mac2026CorreiaPromise.png

Mac2026qual.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twizted_seed said:

I have gone past it but I have screen shots.

 

Mac2026CorreiaPromise.png

Mac2026qual.png

We're afraid that screenshots do not help in this situation and we would require a save file where this is reproducible from. Please let us know if you come across this again and raise it again here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...