Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

1 hour ago, Chris M said:

Yeah, you've been screwed really hard by English teams doing well in the European competitions if my understanding of the rules is correct here. Did the 4th place team get shunted down, out of the Champions League, into the Europa League? That'll be where your place has gone I think.

Arsenal finished 4th and qualified for the Champions League.

Posted (edited)

Summary: Under 23 squad in England isn't being invited to U23 league

Description of Issue: Long term(ish) save file attached. I was given an U23 team a year or two into the save game (didn't have one at the start) and every year my U18's get invited to a league but my U23's will never get invited. My youth set up is in at the maximum and my team is in the English Premier Division™ so I'd be surprised if it's a reputation issue. I've attached a save game around the time I got the invite. This has happened for the last 5 or so years in the save game so should reproduce on a yearly basis. 

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Holiday until league invite news items are sent out for the U18's

2. Note that there's not one for the U23 team

3. Cry

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Oli fin de partie no U23 invitation.fm

2020-05-03 19_01_42-Football Manager 2020.png

2020-05-03 19_03_59-Football Manager 2020.png

Edited by robaire

On 03/05/2020 at 00:54, Mathieu-n6 said:

Arsenal finished 4th and qualified for the Champions League.

Do you have a save file from just before the season finished? If not then could you please post your latest save file to the SI Cloud server and we'll take a look. 

On 27/04/2020 at 14:34, scrummybean said:

Hi I believe this one is only the original update, apart from an Derbies 2.1 update. 

any update on  my save game?????????

16 hours ago, scrummybean said:

any update on  my save game?????????

This is with our team and under review. This is quite possibly due to the database changes but we will let you know when we know what is causing this. Do you have a save file just before the Playoff final? This could help us identify what caused the issue here.

On 11/05/2020 at 12:57, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This is with our team and under review. This is quite possibly due to the database changes but we will let you know when we know what is causing this. Do you have a save file just before the Playoff final? This could help us identify what caused the issue here.

Sorry I don't as this issue happened after the playoff the season prior, as I thought I was due to stadium requirements I continued another season with a due upgrade only after the 2nd final did I become suspicious of an external issue

6 hours ago, scrummybean said:

Sorry I don't as this issue happened after the playoff the season prior, as I thought I was due to stadium requirements I continued another season with a due upgrade only after the 2nd final did I become suspicious of an external issue

It's quite possibly due to the editor files that were used, but it's an issue we're looking into. Thank you very very much for reporting this

On 03/05/2020 at 19:04, robaire said:

Summary: Under 23 squad in England isn't being invited to U23 league

Description of Issue: Long term(ish) save file attached. I was given an U23 team a year or two into the save game (didn't have one at the start) and every year my U18's get invited to a league but my U23's will never get invited. My youth set up is in at the maximum and my team is in the English Premier Division™ so I'd be surprised if it's a reputation issue. I've attached a save game around the time I got the invite. This has happened for the last 5 or so years in the save game so should reproduce on a yearly basis. 

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Holiday until league invite news items are sent out for the U18's

2. Note that there's not one for the U23 team

3. Cry

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Oli fin de partie no U23 invitation.fm

2020-05-03 19_01_42-Football Manager 2020.png

2020-05-03 19_03_59-Football Manager 2020.png

I have an identical issue.

I've taken Cambridge into the Premier League with maxed out training, youth facilities etc. but my U23 team has never been invited to join a league and has only ever played friendlies.

My file is called 'Smart People'.

My u23 newcastle team is full of high quality players. They won the premier division 2 in my first season, however were then invited to the division 3. They have won that for the past three seasons yet are never promoted to division 2. How can I change this as it is not enough of a challenge for those players.

the save is xalled:

joe rutherford - new owner newcastle save

1 minute ago, jrutherford2019 said:

My u23 newcastle team is full of high quality players. They won the premier division 2 in my first season, however were then invited to the division 3. They have won that for the past three seasons yet are never promoted to division 2. How can I change this as it is not enough of a challenge for those players.

the save is xalled:

I could be wrong but I'm certain the teams in each league are determined by the quality of their youth facilities.

4 hours ago, jrutherford2019 said:

the save is xalled:

4 hours ago, magicmastermind124 said:

I could be wrong but I'm certain the teams in each league are determined by the quality of their youth facilities.

I believe I have maximized it to full potential, as I cannot request from the board to upgrade it. 

I mean it looks like you cache a few teams in the DB  you've played lately and they're used for draws., it isn't truly random

So you get nonsense like this:

qowjWtE.png

That's called confirmation bias. You recognise it more, when it does happen, rather than when it doesn't.

Hi, 

I don't know if it's a specific issue or not, but in this french thread the user says that although he is regularly promoted from league 2 to championship, his reputation and sponsorship revenues are not increasing, or only marginally.

Are you aware of such a problem ?

On 21/06/2020 at 09:23, Akasha said:

Hi, 

I don't know if it's a specific issue or not, but in this french thread the user says that although he is regularly promoted from league 2 to championship, his reputation and sponsorship revenues are not increasing, or only marginally.

Are you aware of such a problem ?

This would most likely be a finance issue. As a result, could you please raise it in the forum below? Thanks you very much.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/724-all-other-gameplay/

No problem. Thanks for your answer.

Hi, I was surprised to find that during my 3rd or 4th round Carabao cup match half my squad were away on international duty. Seemed to be only England and France, but that was half my first team. Hadn't seen it coming and all my under 23s and 18s had just had a match so I only had 12 players, half of them rubbish under 18s.  This is in October 2022. Needless to say I had plenty of questions from the press about my line up, and no realistic option to explain it.

Sorry if already known, but I suspect I'll never find in a search.

English U18 Division one states there are 24 teams, and 22 games.  There are only 12 teams.  U23 states 12 teams, so its just an U18 bug - perhaps just division1, I don't know.

On 26/06/2020 at 21:56, petertr said:

Sorry if already known, but I suspect I'll never find in a search.

English U18 Division one states there are 24 teams, and 22 games.  There are only 12 teams.  U23 states 12 teams, so its just an U18 bug - perhaps just division1, I don't know.

There are 24 teams as there are two groups of 12 teams. As they each play each other twice within their groups, this would equate to 22 games being played by each team.

6 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

There are 24 teams as there are two groups of 12 teams. As they each play each other twice within their groups, this would equate to 22 games being played by each team.

I see, thanks for that.

I reached the finals of the FA Trophy and the Vanarama National League Playoffs, and they are only 3 days apart.

Capture.thumb.PNG.23e29ee2b949d3710693e6af087cc688.PNG

I've checked the regualr dates of the recent years and it has always been at least a week in between, with the national league being a week before the FA Trophy. In my game in 2020 and 2021 also the dates were very close together.

Interestingly, the season before in my game, 2022, the FA Trophy was very late, two weeks behind the national league final. The reason seems to be because York was in it, which was also in the Vanarama NORTH playoff final.

snip.thumb.png.838ab1f5977b460c458893ca79c847b1.png

It seems a bit ridiculous that two of the most important matches a National League side could have are possible to be played so close together in the game. I now have some very tired players trying to win promotion :(

13 hours ago, Elnaith said:

I reached the finals of the FA Trophy and the Vanarama National League Playoffs, and they are only 3 days apart.

Capture.thumb.PNG.23e29ee2b949d3710693e6af087cc688.PNG

I've checked the regualr dates of the recent years and it has always been at least a week in between, with the national league being a week before the FA Trophy. In my game in 2020 and 2021 also the dates were very close together.

Interestingly, the season before in my game, 2022, the FA Trophy was very late, two weeks behind the national league final. The reason seems to be because York was in it, which was also in the Vanarama NORTH playoff final.

snip.thumb.png.838ab1f5977b460c458893ca79c847b1.png

It seems a bit ridiculous that two of the most important matches a National League side could have are possible to be played so close together in the game. I now have some very tired players trying to win promotion :(

Could you please upload your save to the SI Cloud server and we will take a look at this issue of fixture congestion. Thank you very much.

grafik.thumb.png.858f59ff33d26fe1a8d9c7f7a87ff85d.png

Just to be safe i wanted to ask, whether or not this is correct. I got 7th in the league and dont seem to have gotten into the Europa Conference League. The Winner of the FA Cup were Chelsea against Arsenal, Carabao Cup Man City vs Arsenal, the Champions League was won by Man City, and the Europa League was won by Monaco and the Europa Conference League was won by Leicester. Am I correct in assuming that Leicester winning the ECL, gave them a spot for the EL next year, which in turn made me miss out on Europe?

Yes, that is correct. Due to Leicester winning their competition, they took the final slot awarded to English teams within the league.

On 02/07/2020 at 11:07, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Could you please upload your save to the SI Cloud server and we will take a look at this issue of fixture congestion. Thank you very much.

Done, Elnaith Fixture Congestion.fm