Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Hi - Team originally from VNL S/N has U23 / reserve team created in a later season - but no way to enter U23 league. No option to enter given (as per U18 at outset of season). No option on board/club vision or on U23 team page.  

Only a few games into the PL season, and the schedule has thrown up two games in 3 days (Weds and Friday) :thdn:

khJriuK.png

This happened after the League Cup was drawn and didn't re-schedule the PL Friday night fixture.

Sorry don't have the save game as I've played on and saved since.

Summary: Player suspensions are not being enforced

Description of Issue: Granit Xhaka received a red card for 2 x yellow cards in my match against Norwich (matchday 4), he should have been suspended for matchday 5, but this was not enforced and he was available for selection.

Steps to Reproduce: Player dismissed, but was simply available for selection. Worth noting on a save from last week I noticed this too, on that occasion it was for a straight red card, I did not press any option for appeal/not, the player was not banned for the first match he should, but he was subsequently banned for the 2nd and 3rd games.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: "Llama 3 - Arsenal" (I have included 2 x versions, one which is a few days prior to the match Xhaka should have been banned for and one after the match - V02 is the pre-match version)

Just finished my first season as Portsmouth and got promoted form League 1 as champions and have now completed Pre-Season and am half way through August. I have had cup draws such as the Carabao Cup and have competed in the 1st round but the league fixtures haven't been set for any of the English leagues, Can this be fixed???

21 hours ago, Leon Machin said:

Just finished my first season as Portsmouth and got promoted form League 1 as champions and have now completed Pre-Season and am half way through August. I have had cup draws such as the Carabao Cup and have competed in the 1st round but the league fixtures haven't been set for any of the English leagues, Can this be fixed???

Prior to your save, did you use the editor to change anything? If you could upload your save file to the SI Cloud Server, we'll take a look at your issue. Thank you. 

Since 20.4 update, custom fixtures used (for english prem league) are now all over the place.

There also doesnt seem to be a winter break in february that has half the games played one weekend, with the remaining the following.

Is this a known issue?

On 08/03/2020 at 16:06, collmichael said:

Since 20.4 update, custom fixtures used (for english prem league) are now all over the place.

There also doesnt seem to be a winter break in february that has half the games played one weekend, with the remaining the following.

Is this a known issue?

Hi there, thanks for raising this. This is a known issue we have under review for custom fixtures files - the winter break disappearing will likely be a result of the the custom fixtures bug displacing fixtures into what should have been the break period.

On ‎29‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 10:24, stevemc said:

Only a few games into the PL season, and the schedule has thrown up two games in 3 days (Weds and Friday) :thdn:

khJriuK.png

This happened after the League Cup was drawn and didn't re-schedule the PL Friday night fixture.

Sorry don't have the save game as I've played on and saved since.

Thanks for this. It's being investigated. Did you play a game on the Sunday before this fixture against Tranmere? 

3 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks for this. It's being investigated. Did you play a game on the Sunday before this fixture against Tranmere? 

Yes. Sunday, they ended up moving the Wednesday game to the Tuesday lsat minute though, still leaving a one day gap:

LFtjnwI.png

Hope that helps :thup:

14 hours ago, stevemc said:

Yes. Sunday, they ended up moving the Wednesday game to the Tuesday lsat minute though, still leaving a one day gap:

LFtjnwI.png

Hope that helps :thup:

Cheers thanks. You probably shouldn't have been selected to play on the Friday night football which seems to be the main cause of this. If that was a Saturday game, you could play Wednesday and it would be fine. 

9 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Cheers thanks. You probably shouldn't have been selected to play on the Friday night football which seems to be the main cause of this. If that was a Saturday game, you could play Wednesday and it would be fine. 

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Posted (edited)
On 05/03/2020 at 16:28, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Prior to your save, did you use the editor to change anything? If you could upload your save file to the SI Cloud Server, we'll take a look at your issue. Thank you. 

I used a database for the lower leagues in England is that where the problem would've come from?

Edited by Leon Machin

On 16/03/2020 at 13:10, Leon Machin said:

I used a database for the lower leagues in England is that where the problem would've come from?

Possibly, often if a save has a broken league and uses edit files more often than not the edit file will have directly or indirectly been the cause. That said there has been a recurring issue with save games with multiple users managing in the save having this problem - were there multiple users managing in your save game?

In either case, could you upload your save game and the edit file to our cloud service please and we'll have a look. Thanks

On 18/03/2020 at 15:21, Freddie Sands said:

Possibly, often if a save has a broken league and uses edit files more often than not the edit file will have directly or indirectly been the cause. That said there has been a recurring issue with save games with multiple users managing in the save having this problem - were there multiple users managing in your save game?

In either case, could you upload your save game and the edit file to our cloud service please and we'll have a look. Thanks

I was the only manager in the save. I just uploaded my save called "Potsmouth.fm" it but I don't know if I did it right. 

18 hours ago, Leon Machin said:

I was the only manager in the save. I just uploaded my save called "Potsmouth.fm" it but I don't know if I did it right. 

No worries, I've found the file. Looking through it definitely seems to be the result of the lower leagues file - it seems that some of the lower divisions don't generate int he first season, leading to all divisions not generating in the second season.

If you have a copy of the edit file too would you be alright to either upload that to our cloud service or paste it into this thread please? Thanks again

7 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

No worries, I've found the file. Looking through it definitely seems to be the result of the lower leagues file - it seems that some of the lower divisions don't generate int he first season, leading to all divisions not generating in the second season.

If you have a copy of the edit file too would you be alright to either upload that to our cloud service or paste it into this thread please? Thanks again

ENGLAND LEVEL 1-10.fmf This is the edit I used.

Hi Guys, 

For some reason whenever i play as Arsenal, and ONLY Arsenal, my "Staff" section shows 2/1 in the Manager box, i started some other games and this never happens with other teams, only Arsenal. Anyone know why/how?!?! Deleted the game and redownloaded it and still no change. Only showing up on Arsenal. So baffled 98FF0151-A2B5-4A83-9DDF-8803F4B258E3.thumb.png.d45939568d393f767ccb168592183630.png

3 hours ago, Georgej2323 said:

Hi Guys, 

For some reason whenever i play as Arsenal, and ONLY Arsenal, my "Staff" section shows 2/1 in the Manager box, i started some other games and this never happens with other teams, only Arsenal. Anyone know why/how?!?! Deleted the game and redownloaded it and still no change. Only showing up on Arsenal. So baffled 98FF0151-A2B5-4A83-9DDF-8803F4B258E3.thumb.png.d45939568d393f767ccb168592183630.png

Thanks for this - it is under review. 

On 31/01/2020 at 08:34, Duncan Greenwood said:

Figured it was something like this Fred. Thanks for looking into it.

so basically they're aware its an issue and still wont fix it.  its been multiple years with this same bug.

Posted (edited)

Hello

Wondering if anyone can advise me. Finished 6th in the premier league 23/24 season however despite email saying i'd qualified for the Euro cup at the end of the season, I have not been entered in the following season. 8th place in 23/24 season have however achieved Euro cup qualification, despite them neither winning the FA or league cup that year. 8th place  also didn't finish runner up in either the league or FA cup.

Overview of league positions and qualifications:

League winners qualified for champions cup, as did 2nd and 3rd place. 4th Place were entered into Euro cup as 5th place won the champions cup and leapfrogged them into European champions cup. 6th place missed out. 7th place qualified for European champions cup because they won the Euro cup in previous year. 8th place then also qualified for Euro cup with no credentials other than finishing 8th. 

Does anyone know how this might have happened? Can't seem to find any other similar scenarios. 

FIXED: Understand reason for this happening now. 8th Place won the Euro Cup II so this puts them in Euro Cup. 7th Place won the Euro Cup so they qualified for European Champions Cup. This means 4th place lose their ECC cup place and to settle for EC. Had 8th place not won Euro Cup II, then 6th place would have qualified for EC. In total 7 teams qualified for European competition which is believe is correct. 

Reference email saying i had qualified: When the league had finished I would have been in qualification spot. It is after this that 8th place were confirmed Euro Cup II Winners.

Thank you

Table.PNG

Edited by aydnwbafc
Issue Resolved

On 23/03/2020 at 12:31, chaseLFC said:

so basically they're aware its an issue and still wont fix it.  its been multiple years with this same bug.

Or maybe they can't fix it (without affecting something else), or feel that other bugs take priority. No need to be so harsh.

This is a homegrown issue

Martinelli joined arsenal aged 18

halfway through my second season i loan him abroad then bring him back when the transfer window reopens

He's now not gonna be homegrown, I cant understand why the 6 months shouldn't affect his 3 years of training as an u21 Hes still 19 and had been with me for a year and a half, before the loan.

20200326181634_1.jpg

20200326182121_1.jpg

20200326183122_1.jpg

Posted (edited)

Premier league scheduling in November and December, Only 1 Match in both months???

image.thumb.png.4a61482824a219c9e6d708c34e7b33a6.png

EDIT: So I found out we have World Cup Ongoing in November, hence league was rescheduled, however, with Champions League/Europa League, FA Cup Fixtures, I will show you how the fixtures will be rescheduled to 2 matches in 2 days just to catch up.

image.thumb.png.859384be1e63c6661d06a2f5948e1fc9.png

Edited by Aaron33

22 hours ago, Aaron33 said:

Premier league scheduling in November and December, Only 1 Match in both months???

image.thumb.png.4a61482824a219c9e6d708c34e7b33a6.png

EDIT: So I found out we have World Cup Ongoing in November, hence league was rescheduled, however, with Champions League/Europa League, FA Cup Fixtures, I will show you how the fixtures will be rescheduled to 2 matches in 2 days just to catch up.

image.thumb.png.859384be1e63c6661d06a2f5948e1fc9.png

At what point in the season did you experience the worst of the fixture congestion? It's inevitable that this season will have an element of congestion, but 2 matches in 2 days sounds excessive. 

5 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

At what point in the season did you experience the worst of the fixture congestion? It's inevitable that this season will have an element of congestion, but 2 matches in 2 days sounds excessive. 

FM19 used to do that, Seems the scheduling has improved in FM20. but anyway World Cup in December??

15 hours ago, Aaron33 said:

FM19 used to do that, Seems the scheduling has improved in FM20. but anyway World Cup in December??

This is due to the Qatar 2022 World Cup due to take place in November/December in real life.

On 26/03/2020 at 18:32, jere_d said:

This is a homegrown issue

Martinelli joined arsenal aged 18

halfway through my second season i loan him abroad then bring him back when the transfer window reopens

He's now not gonna be homegrown, I cant understand why the 6 months shouldn't affect his 3 years of training as an u21 Hes still 19 and had been with me for a year and a half, before the loan.

Hi there, I'm not sure if I am following here I'm afraid. I believe this is working as intended as time away from the club will not count towards the Homegrown At Club count (aside from Italy specific for league registration, not European competition registration).

13 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, I'm not sure if I am following here I'm afraid. I believe this is working as intended as time away from the club will not count towards the Homegrown At Club count (aside from Italy specific for league registration, not European competition registration).

maybe its me

But I dont understand how I can buy an 18 year old in 3 separate transfer window, The 1st one where he turns 18 the 2nd one were hes 18 and a half and the 3rd 1 just before he turns 19, and he'll gain HG status.

But If I sign a guy just after he turns 18 keep him for a year and a half loan him for half a year he would spend the exact same time at my club during 18-21 years as the 2nd scenario above and more time than the 3rd scenario but he won't qualify for HG

Hi!

I have played a long save with Torquay but never got any league invitations for youth teams. My youth level is almost top notch and im in the Premier League since a couple of seasons 

On 31/03/2020 at 23:14, jere_d said:

maybe its me

But I dont understand how I can buy an 18 year old in 3 separate transfer window, The 1st one where he turns 18 the 2nd one were hes 18 and a half and the 3rd 1 just before he turns 19, and he'll gain HG status.

Hi again, to clarify I don't think the second and third scenarios necessarily will result in a Homegrown player as the player in question will only have been at the club for 2.5 years maximum before the end of the season of their 21st birthday.

16 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi again, to clarify I don't think the second and third scenarios necessarily will result in a Homegrown player as the player in question will only have been at the club for 2.5 years maximum before the end of the season of their 21st birthday.

Honestly I’ve just bought a player the day after his 19th and he’s on track for homegrown so there’s definitely something not right there 🤷🏾‍♂️

On 03/04/2020 at 17:45, jere_d said:

Honestly I’ve just bought a player the day after his 19th and he’s on track for homegrown so there’s definitely something not right there 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yeah something seems wrong there, could you upload that save game (after buying said player) to our cloud service please for us to take a look at?

Also which player is it out of interest? (It might be the case that something hidden is set in data that causes it)

On 02/04/2020 at 13:40, norberg.andreas said:

Hi!

I have played a long save with Torquay but never got any league invitations for youth teams. My youth level is almost top notch and im in the Premier League since a couple of seasons 

Hi there, this is an issue we're aware of with regards to the oversubscription of youth divisions in England in long term saves and have under review.

Basically, the league format for the youth divisions doesn't have enough space for all teams in the top divisions in England. So if you're in the Premier League with an Academy of EPPP rating 1 (the highest) then (using U23 as an example) the U23 Premier Divisions (1 & 2) will only involve a new team if an existing team's EPPP rating drops down. Until that happens, currently there isn't space for additional teams at this level.

10 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Yeah something seems wrong there, could you upload that save game (after buying said player) to our cloud service please for us to take a look at?

Also which player is it out of interest? (It might be the case that something hidden is set in data that causes it)

I can't its an online save, I'm not the host. but here are some screen shots

20200406221037_1.jpg

20200406221055_1.jpg

20200406221124_1.jpg

Similar to others I seem to have a bug with European football.

20200416104741_1.jpg

On 16/04/2020 at 10:52, c0r3 said:

Similar to others I seem to have a bug with European football.

Hi there, did Chelsea and Leicester win any two of the Carabao Cup, FA Cup, and Euro Cup II? If so that would shift around the European qualifier places so that 5th doesn't qualify for European competition (I'm assuming Tottenham have won the Euro Cup or the Champions Cup).

On 06/04/2020 at 22:30, jere_d said:

I can't its an online save, I'm not the host. but here are some screen shots

Thanks for the screenshots, I've logged this internally to further investigate. It might be the case that the Homegrown rule is partially dependent on season start/end dates instead of the exact transfer dates.

On 19/04/2020 at 11:26, dynam0 said:

Any idea why I haven't qualified for europe here?
Bit confused.

Qualification.png

FFP?

On 19/04/2020 at 11:26, dynam0 said:

Any idea why I haven't qualified for europe here?
Bit confused.

Qualification.png

Port Talbot is a Welsh club. When you put them in the English league structure, did you change their Continental Cup Nation to England? This is what would be stopping the club from qualifying for Europe in your save. 

Posted (edited)

I'll have to check that, thanks!

You were correct, is possible to change the Continental Cup nation mid save or not?

Edited by dynam0

Hi,
I'm not sure if this a bug or a mechanic that I am missing, but I finished 5th in the English Premier League but didn't qualify for the EURO cup. Can anyone give me a reason for this? The league rules state that 5th place club is automatically placed into the group stages, but I'm not in it this year. the past 2 season I played in Europe, first the Euro Cup and then Champions League so I can's see a reason why I shouldn't be in it. Any advice would be awesome!

Posted (edited)

#fm20

Won the playoffs twice in the Vanarama League yet not promoted

I have no idea why i wasnt promoted on 2 occasions from the league, on the first occasion i though it was due to the league rules of having to have a min of 2000 seats which i didnt. This issue was resolved in preseason so now this is a problem

Files Uploaded to the ownCloud : Sean Carter - Southport.fm

league.png

20-21.png

21-22.png

stadium.png

Edited by scrummybean

2 hours ago, scrummybean said:

#fm20

Won the playoffs twice in the Vanarama League yet not promoted

I have no idea why i wasnt promoted on 2 occasions from the league, on the first occasion i though it was due to the league rules of having to have a min of 2000 seats which i didnt. This issue was resolved in preseason so now this is a problem

Files Uploaded to the ownCloud : Sean Carter - Southport.fm

league.png

20-21.png

21-22.png

stadium.png

Thank you, we will take a look at your save file. Could you please let us know first if you have any editor files in your save file, thanks. 

2 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thank you, we will take a look at your save file. Could you please let us know first if you have any editor files in your save file, thanks. 

Hi I believe this one is only the original update, apart from an Derbies 2.1 update. 

Hey, 
I finished 5th in PL but I am not qualified in Euro cup. 
There are already 8 qualified english clubs in europe. The first 4 in the championship, the winners of the fa cup, the carabao cup, the euro cup and the euro cup II, Is that why? In the rules the 5th is automatically qualified. 

10 hours ago, Mathieu-n6 said:

Hey, 
I finished 5th in PL but I am not qualified in Euro cup. 
There are already 8 qualified english clubs in europe. The first 4 in the championship, the winners of the fa cup, the carabao cup, the euro cup and the euro cup II, Is that why? In the rules the 5th is automatically qualified. 

Yeah, you've been screwed really hard by English teams doing well in the European competitions if my understanding of the rules is correct here. Did the 4th place team get shunted down, out of the Champions League, into the Europa League? That'll be where your place has gone I think.