Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

On 17/01/2020 at 14:51, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, is this the first red card that Engels has got this season? If so could you upload your save to our cloud service please and we'll take a look. Thanks

it wasn't red card, it was 2 yellows. 2 yellows in PL are always 1 match ban. it was soft faul in box, that's why var had to check it, so can't be extra penalty from FA. i did upload save before and after, names are in previous post.

Edited by fmjonek

On 17/01/2020 at 17:19, Sherkey said:

Axel Tuanzebe is suspended randomly in the PL. He was fine for the previous match (where he was an unused substitute, and he hasn't even played a PL match this season).

File name - Man Utd v4.fm

image.thumb.png.4150ae048816b25786fefb39ebf281f1.png

image.thumb.png.23f5d6cb90c938addabf1402c82b7cd4.png

This seems to be due to the fact that the player received a red card in his last U23 Premier League match against Arsenal. This has left him banned for the upcoming Premier League game as it would seem the red card transferred from one league to the other in this case.

I seem to be having a rather odd problem with promotion and relegation in the U23 Leagues.

In my Fulham Save the U23 managed to gain promotion from the U23 Premier Division 2 last season. This season they start in the U23 Division 3 instead of the U23 Premier Division 1. Same thing happened to last years champions Burnley. Meanwhile Evertons U23 got "relegated" two years in a row and still finds itself a happy participant in Division 1.

I am sure there is more, but this should illustrate the Problem for now.

209814957_U23Aufstieg.thumb.png.ff2bf00d122d3bbec8add6de5d5efc81.png1358477063_U231_Liga.thumb.png.f4bae86fcec34ca2179da2bbac3f8ac8.png265760621_U233_Liga.thumb.png.8a728c3bc9888542c8dac021edf18001.png

839182203_Everton2021.thumb.png.75088c653123398e79d01604aacf99c9.png1913126967_Everton2122.thumb.png.898346967cd4ba874efe39bd84b40acb.png207659548_Everton2223.thumb.png.40df86793616345ebe7293e330a18fe7.png

Edited by Jpsycodoc

21 hours ago, Jpsycodoc said:

I seem to be having a rather odd problem with promotion and relegation in the U23 Leagues.

In my Fulham Save the U23 managed to gain promotion from the U23 Premier Division 2 last season. This season they start in the U23 Division 3 instead of the U23 Premier Division 1. Same thing happened to last years champions Burnley. Meanwhile Evertons U23 got "relegated" two years in a row and still finds itself a happy participant in Division 1.

I am sure there is more, but this should illustrate the Problem for now.

This might possibly be to do with senior team relegations affecting the U23 side. If I recall correctly (though I can't off the top of my head) being relegated in/out of the top two senior tiers can affect whether being in the U23 Prem Div 1/2 or in U23 Div 3/Below.

That said, with the Everton example it seems odd that Everton would get the reprieve and not Southampton, who finished higher. Could you upload your save game to our cloud service and we'll take a look. Thanks

22 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

This might possibly be to do with senior team relegations affecting the U23 side. If I recall correctly (though I can't off the top of my head) being relegated in/out of the top two senior tiers can affect whether being in the U23 Prem Div 1/2 or in U23 Div 3/Below.

That said, with the Everton example it seems odd that Everton would get the reprieve and not Southampton, who finished higher. Could you upload your save game to our cloud service and we'll take a look. Thanks

Alright I have Uploaded the File and named it "Fulham Save U23-Problem".

The senior teams should not be a Problem as both Burnley and us are in the Top Division.

Summary: Under 23 squad in England isn't being invited to U23 league

Description of Issue: Long term(ish) save file attached. I was given an U23 team a year or two into the save game (didn't have one at the start) and every year my U18's get invited to a league but my U23's will never get invited. My youth set up is in pretty decent shape and my team is in the English Premier Division™ so I'd be surprised if it's a reputation issue. I've attached a save game but unfortunately I didn't have an auto save around the time I got the invite so it'll need holidaying till the next season when the news item(s) should be generated. This has happened for the last 8 or so years in the save game so should reproduce on a yearly basis. I think the save game was created in the pre-release beta stage so apologies if this has been addressed since (I searched and didn't find anything).

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Holiday until league invite news items are sent out for the U18's

2. Note that there's not one for the U23 team

3. Cry

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: DG_No_23_League_Invite.fm

On 25/01/2020 at 22:43, Duncan Greenwood said:

Summary: Under 23 squad in England isn't being invited to U23 league

Description of Issue: Long term(ish) save file attached. I was given an U23 team a year or two into the save game (didn't have one at the start) and every year my U18's get invited to a league but my U23's will never get invited. My youth set up is in pretty decent shape and my team is in the English Premier Division™ so I'd be surprised if it's a reputation issue. I've attached a save game but unfortunately I didn't have an auto save around the time I got the invite so it'll need holidaying till the next season when the news item(s) should be generated. This has happened for the last 8 or so years in the save game so should reproduce on a yearly basis. I think the save game was created in the pre-release beta stage so apologies if this has been addressed since (I searched and didn't find anything).

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Holiday until league invite news items are sent out for the U18's

2. Note that there's not one for the U23 team

3. Cry

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: DG_No_23_League_Invite.fm

Yo, so I finally figured this one out. Basically teams are more or less sorted into U23/U18 Divisions in England via their EPPP rating (which is basically a 1 to 4 rating of how good your Academy setup is), with the better rated teams going into higher divisions.

There's a slight problem in that the current structure only accounts for 62 teams so some teams in the top four divisions will always miss out, but that's not necessarily the problem in your save. There seems to be a bug that teams with worse EPPP ratings aren't always being 'pushed out' of divisions by teams with better EPPP ratings when they should be. So with Notts County in your save your U23 should really have been placed in Div 3 or 4 at this point, but haven't due to this bug.

On 24/01/2020 at 11:21, Jpsycodoc said:

Alright I have Uploaded the File and named it "Fulham Save U23-Problem".

The senior teams should not be a Problem as both Burnley and us are in the Top Division.

Cheers for the save, looking into this the issue is that Fulham have a EPPP rating of 2 in this save whereas Birmingham have gone up to 1. As the U23 Premier Division is only intended for clubs with EPPP rating 1 Birmingham have usurped Fulham's place in the two divisions automatically.

On 07/12/2019 at 19:08, DazRTaylor said:

Vanarama National League South

Save Game File Uploaded - Kings Langley (1 Nation, 6 Leagues).

Date in Game - 29 August 2020.

Issue - League rules state only six long terms loans permitted per season.  At the time of writing, I have signed eleven players on a season long loan (though I have sent five of them back).  If I try to sign someone else on loan, it states on the offer page that I haven't signed any loans yet.  I have seven at once at one time and it allowed me to have all seven in the matchday squad of sixteen.

I've been searching everywhere for this, I have exactly the same issue, tried multiple saves, multiple teams from Vanarama National League South/North and Vanarama National League. This is very annoying.. I don't want to start a long-term save where obvious bugs like this exist...

23 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Yo, so I finally figured this one out. Basically teams are more or less sorted into U23/U18 Divisions in England via their EPPP rating (which is basically a 1 to 4 rating of how good your Academy setup is), with the better rated teams going into higher divisions.

There's a slight problem in that the current structure only accounts for 62 teams so some teams in the top four divisions will always miss out, but that's not necessarily the problem in your save. There seems to be a bug that teams with worse EPPP ratings aren't always being 'pushed out' of divisions by teams with better EPPP ratings when they should be. So with Notts County in your save your U23 should really have been placed in Div 3 or 4 at this point, but haven't due to this bug.

Figured it was something like this Fred. Thanks for looking into it.

image.thumb.png.22caa81786ce22c08a69cf829036e6de.pngSee pic - the next two games are a league game on the Sunday followed by the Carabao Cup game on the Tuesday. If a club has a league game on the Sunday they'd always play their CC game on the Wednesday, not the Tuesday. Basic scheduling error.

9 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

image.thumb.png.22caa81786ce22c08a69cf829036e6de.pngSee pic - the next two games are a league game on the Sunday followed by the Carabao Cup game on the Tuesday. If a club has a league game on the Sunday they'd always play their CC game on the Wednesday, not the Tuesday. Basic scheduling error.

that happens all the time. i have sometimes 1 day between league and cup game against team that has no games mid week at all, so it could be rescheduled without any problem.

Good morning you all,

i've created a "superteam" for fun in Vanarama North through Editor, but is not create any issue.

Issues I'm writing for are the medals awarded after the win of basically everything, especially in the Minors: as you can see down there, the screen texts "[...] at least one game", but it is not true as you can see in the following screens.

This bug is easily found in every game, with custom DB, old DB or 20.04, that's why I've decided to help the community to solve this bug.

Thank you for the support,

viva FM

Alvise

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

At a Shareholders’ Meeting today, Premier League clubs voted to adopt a change to the Summer Transfer Window closing date for season 2020/21. 

This will move the closing date back to the traditional point at the end of August/early September.

The 2020 closing date will therefore be 17:00 BST on 1 September (31 August 2020 being a UK Bank Holiday). 

Clubs agreed after discussing the topic at length at previous Shareholders' Meetings.https://www.premierleague.com/news/1603201  will they still be time to add this or will it be to late for winter update

10 hours ago, fmjonek said:

that happens all the time. i have sometimes 1 day between league and cup game against team that has no games mid week at all, so it could be rescheduled without any problem.

The fact that it happens all the time doesn't make it any less of a bug. It wouldn't happen in real life so it shouldn't happen in-game.

Summer market closes again on September 1st in England

it's no bug, but this news is out.

Will they be able to launch an update to correct this from the 2020 \ 2021 season?

13 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

The fact that it happens all the time doesn't make it any less of a bug. It wouldn't happen in real life so it shouldn't happen in-game.

that'e exactly what i mean, i just literally confirmed your problem lol

13 hours ago, fabiogabriel said:

Will they be able to launch an update to correct this from the 2020 \ 2021 season?

This is the wrong place to ask the question.

Recently had a couple of players reach the yellow card limit during a League 2 game against Plymouth, leading to suspension, as below;

image.thumb.png.f0dd563125de87c97c2db85b2714cb39.png

However, they are not banned for the next game, which is a cup replay, but the one after - a league game.  Is this correct?

image.thumb.png.3b59dd015a08e7bb86131c0a8a91ce78.png

image.thumb.png.9d97bee3daa29d04bcded88405df90ca.png

image.thumb.png.d1edceb8861bd3ca44f98bbd46ffc828.png

Hep, 

Problème 1: juin 2022, le calendrier du championnat anglais n est pas généré ... J ai essayé avec d anciennes sauvegardes, en parta6en vacances, ect ... Rien ne se passe. Pendant cette saison seules les compétitions nationales (coupes) et européennes sont jouables ... Aucun match de championnat ... Je précise que je n ai rien obtenu d'autre que les mises à jour officielles et que le bug est apparu le 5 février. .. 

Problème 2: je détermine 3eme en championnat anglais (les 4 premiers sont qualifiés en LDC) ... J'ai aussi gagné la Coupe Carabao ... 

Je devrais donc être qualifié en LDC ... Et bien non je me retrouve en Euro Cup II

Merci de me dire qu'il existe une solution ... 

I had a player sent off for two yellow cards in a Premier League game but he's not suspended for my next game (and no suspensions showing.)

Looking at the schedules all I can think is that his suspension was served in an U-23s game - either the Premier League Cup or the EFL Trophy. I wouldn't have thought either of those should count though.

On 31/01/2020 at 08:38, Kendo BKK said:

Hello,

just into season 3 and I've noticed that League One is still only at 23 teams following the expulsion of Bury back in season 1.

It's also relegating 4 teams from League One, Promoting 4 from League Two. My understanding is that this season, 3 teams will be relegated from League One, 4 Promoted from League 2 and only one team relegated to the National League.

Then next season the EFL will be back to 92 clubs and it will be 4 up/4 down between League One/Two and two teams down to the Conference.

This was the case for games started after the release of FM20 as we weren't quite sure on what would happen post-Bury. However this is something that should be different in new save games now.

On 05/02/2020 at 22:08, BuffaloPhil said:

See pic - the next two games are a league game on the Sunday followed by the Carabao Cup game on the Tuesday. If a club has a league game on the Sunday they'd always play their CC game on the Wednesday, not the Tuesday. Basic scheduling error.

On 06/02/2020 at 07:41, fmjonek said:

This is something we're aware of and have under review internally, thanks for raising this.

On 06/02/2020 at 08:10, AlvisePeltrera said:

Good morning you all,

i've created a "superteam" for fun in Vanarama North through Editor, but is not create any issue.

Issues I'm writing for are the medals awarded after the win of basically everything, especially in the Minors: as you can see down there, the screen texts "[...] at least one game", but it is not true as you can see in the following screens.

This bug is easily found in every game, with custom DB, old DB or 20.04, that's why I've decided to help the community to solve this bug.

Hi there, this is because the Vanarama North (and South and National) has an upper limit of 20 medals in total set in the rules. So the 20 medals will be distributed to the 20 players with the most appearances.

On 06/02/2020 at 12:06, Mush1983 said:

At a Shareholders’ Meeting today, Premier League clubs voted to adopt a change to the Summer Transfer Window closing date for season 2020/21. 

This will move the closing date back to the traditional point at the end of August/early September.

The 2020 closing date will therefore be 17:00 BST on 1 September (31 August 2020 being a UK Bank Holiday). 

Clubs agreed after discussing the topic at length at previous Shareholders' Meetings.https://www.premierleague.com/news/1603201  will they still be time to add this or will it be to late for winter update

On 07/02/2020 at 05:59, fabiogabriel said:

We've been made aware of this and have it logged to be changed internally, hopefully in time for the update.

On 08/02/2020 at 04:39, Junkhead said:

Recently had a couple of players reach the yellow card limit during a League 2 game against Plymouth, leading to suspension, as below;

However, they are not banned for the next game, which is a cup replay, but the one after - a league game.  Is this correct?

This is intentional, as accumulative yellow card bans do not transfer between competitions in England.

On 08/02/2020 at 20:51, BuffaloPhil said:

I had a player sent off for two yellow cards in a Premier League game but he's not suspended for my next game (and no suspensions showing.)

Looking at the schedules all I can think is that his suspension was served in an U-23s game - either the Premier League Cup or the EFL Trophy. I wouldn't have thought either of those should count though.

Hi there, I suspect the EFL Trophy has been incorrectly counted as a senior competition for this player for the purposes of suspension. Do you have a save from before the EFL Trophy match, and if so could you upload it to our cloud service please? Thanks

46 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, I suspect the EFL Trophy has been incorrectly counted as a senior competition for this player for the purposes of suspension. Do you have a save from before the EFL Trophy match, and if so could you upload it to our cloud service please? Thanks

I don't I'm afraid, I didn't notice until the next senior game which was after the EFL Trophy game. I can upload a save from that point if it'll be any use?

18 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, this is because the Vanarama North (and South and National) has an upper limit of 20 medals in total set in the rules. So the 20 medals will be distributed to the 20 players with the most appearances.

"18. TROPHY
The Company shall present to the Winners of all divisions in the Competition twenty-five (25) souvenirs, i.e twenty (20) for the Players, one (1) for the secretary, team manager and three (3) for assistant and coaching staff. Additional souvenirs cannot be presented except by consent of the Board, and then at the expense of the requesting Club.
In addition, a Competition championship trophy will be presented as and when the Board determine.
The Clubs concerned will also receive a permanent souvenir.
The trophies are the property of the Company and may never be won outright. A runners’ up trophy and medals may also be awarded at the discretion of the Company.
The recipient Club shall be responsible for engraving their details on the trophy before returning same.
The following agreement shall be signed on behalf of the winners of the trophies:
“We, A.B. the ………… of ……….. Football Club, C.D. and E.F members of and representing the said Club, having been declared winners of the ….. Trophy and the same having been delivered to us by the said Competition, do hereby on behalf of the said Club, jointly and severally agree to return the same to the Competition Secretary, on or before 1st March next in good order and condition, suitably inscribed, in accordance with the Rules of the Competition and if the said Trophy is lost or damaged whilst under our care, we agree to refund to the Competition the amount of its current value or the cost of its thorough repair.”
Any Club not returning the Competition trophy by the due date, returning them in poor condition or without being engraved will be fined"

So for 2nd and 3rd there are free medals. And this is not happening as the staff winners, second and so on souvenirs

On 13/02/2020 at 17:23, Freddie Sands said:

This is intentional, as accumulative yellow card bans do not transfer between competitions in England.

Fine, comfortable with that.  The issue is with the wording of the news item then - as you can see, it says "The ban will apply for all domestic competitions".

Hi Guys,

I am in 2022 and noticed that in November and December, my fixtures are incredibly sparse. I have one Champions League game in November and only three games in December. 100% a bug as this will never be correct irl. Screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.c61263866c36474aacf7fe9248d65cfd.png

39 minutes ago, Mojby said:

Hi Guys,

I am in 2022 and noticed that in November and December, my fixtures are incredibly sparse. I have one Champions League game in November and only three games in December. 100% a bug as this will never be correct irl. Screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.c61263866c36474aacf7fe9248d65cfd.png

That'll be because of the 2022 World Cup.  If anything, the game on 21st December seems a bit close to the final on 18th if any of your players are involved.

ah yes of course - thanks

Doing the draw to the FA Cup Third Round. I was drawn as the home team but as soon as the away side was drawn it swapped so I was now away.

Any reason for this?

Context being I'm Fulham in the Premier League and I was drawn against Swansea who are currently top of the Championship. 

2 hours ago, andychar said:

Doing the draw to the FA Cup Third Round. I was drawn as the home team but as soon as the away side was drawn it swapped so I was now away.

Any reason for this?

Context being I'm Fulham in the Premier League and I was drawn against Swansea who are currently top of the Championship. 

Are you ground-sharing with another club?

8 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

Are you ground-sharing with another club?

Now that is a good shout! Luton are sharing with me. Although surely I’d get the home tie or is it first out the hat?

2 minutes ago, andychar said:

Now that is a good shout! Luton are sharing with me. Although surely I’d get the home tie or is it first out the hat?

Not sure, but I had the same when sharing at Derby.

17 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

Not sure, but I had the same when sharing at Derby.

Glad there’s is a reasonable explanation. Thanks for getting back to me!

not sure if this is supposed to go here but

Problem: friendlies are being automatically created in the middle of the season when there's no winter break or some sort, and i'm not able to cancel them.67B7E2C4B3B574568BD6A34C8520C2C729574A85 (1920×1080)

Save uploaded: he (v02).fm

On 13/02/2020 at 18:16, Freddie Sands said:

Thank you for your kind reply,

can give me a list of medals awarder for EU leagues? Just to be setted like irl

Thank you again

On 13/02/2020 at 17:16, Freddie Sands said:

On 14/02/2020 at 12:08, AlvisePeltrera said:

"18. TROPHY
The Company shall present to the Winners of all divisions in the Competition twenty-five (25) souvenirs, i.e twenty (20) for the Players, one (1) for the secretary, team manager and three (3) for assistant and coaching staff. Additional souvenirs cannot be presented except by consent of the Board, and then at the expense of the requesting Club.
In addition, a Competition championship trophy will be presented as and when the Board determine.
The Clubs concerned will also receive a permanent souvenir.
The trophies are the property of the Company and may never be won outright. A runners’ up trophy and medals may also be awarded at the discretion of the Company.
The recipient Club shall be responsible for engraving their details on the trophy before returning same.
The following agreement shall be signed on behalf of the winners of the trophies:
“We, A.B. the ………… of ……….. Football Club, C.D. and E.F members of and representing the said Club, having been declared winners of the ….. Trophy and the same having been delivered to us by the said Competition, do hereby on behalf of the said Club, jointly and severally agree to return the same to the Competition Secretary, on or before 1st March next in good order and condition, suitably inscribed, in accordance with the Rules of the Competition and if the said Trophy is lost or damaged whilst under our care, we agree to refund to the Competition the amount of its current value or the cost of its thorough repair.”
Any Club not returning the Competition trophy by the due date, returning them in poor condition or without being engraved will be fined"

So for 2nd and 3rd there are free medals. And this is not happening as the staff winners, second and so on souvenirs

@Freddie Sands As per the first line of AlvisePeltrera's quote, clubs can indeed request additonal medals at their own expense so they're not limited to just 20 for players. Is this something that would require a feature request to be changed in the game?
https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/articles/league-rules-1013

8 hours ago, autohoratio said:

@Freddie Sands As per the first line of AlvisePeltrera's quote, clubs can indeed request additonal medals at their own expense so they're not limited to just 20 for players. Is this something that would require a feature request to be changed in the game?

Tnx!

The new season for Premier League won't start!

image.thumb.png.22d48db39ecf22b361921c23dabadb14.png

image.thumb.png.ff5335248b0f01740ba950051ca19e52.png

Second screenshot is from a second run from before the champions cup final. The problem is the same in all the English leagues, while the Bundesliga, where I also have a profile, is working fine. 

I have to say, this does not look good on the game to me. I ask of you that you fix my save. It is uploaded to your cloud and it's name is "Bug - no new season".

Edited by smeagol

On 18/02/2020 at 11:29, autohoratio said:

Specifically having an action to request the medals in game would be a Feature Request - however in the mean time I have logged a bug for players with at least one match to get a medal for the National League too. Thanks for raising this.

On 22/02/2020 at 22:43, smeagol said:

The new season for Premier League won't start!

Second screenshot is from a second run from before the champions cup final. The problem is the same in all the English leagues, while the Bundesliga, where I also have a profile, is working fine. 

I have to say, this does not look good on the game to me. I ask of you that you fix my save. It is uploaded to your cloud and it's name is "Bug - no new season".

Hi there, this seems to be a persistent issue we're aware of in saves with multiple managers. On rare occasion when two user matches overlap one of the results of the match will not process correctly from the match into the competition results. This has occurred with the Arsenal league match away to Leicester in this save game, though we haven't been able to isolate the exact cause within the match.

One factor that does seem to be linking these cases though is use of a custom skin. Custom skins generally sometimes cause issues with the match engine due to UI inconsistencies in the new skin so that might be a possible cause - specifically though does this skin happen to involve a Instant Result button?

20 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, this seems to be a persistent issue we're aware of in saves with multiple managers. On rare occasion when two user matches overlap one of the results of the match will not process correctly from the match into the competition results. This has occurred with the Arsenal league match away to Leicester in this save game, though we haven't been able to isolate the exact cause within the match.

One factor that does seem to be linking these cases though is use of a custom skin. Custom skins generally sometimes cause issues with the match engine due to UI inconsistencies in the new skin so that might be a possible cause - specifically though does this skin happen to involve a Instant Result button?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, my skin has instant result button. Does it mean my whole game could be corrupt? Is there any way to know how far I have to go back without the skin to fix the problem? Is there ANY way to fix the problem that you know of? Can you fix it? Could the problem be resolved by removing human managers from the English league and removing the skin, at a point in time before the old season is over?

Edited by smeagol

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 09:17, Freddie Sands said:

We've been made aware of this and have it logged to be changed internally, hopefully in time for the update.

will his fix for new game only or will work for save game as well?   

my current game transfer window end date end July 21. ..

15 hours ago, Ronald88sf said:

will his fix for new game only or will work for save game as well?   

my current game transfer window end date end July 21. ..

This will only work for newly created save games I'm afraid.

On 24/02/2020 at 14:58, smeagol said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes, my skin has instant result button. Does it mean my whole game could be corrupt? Is there any way to know how far I have to go back without the skin to fix the problem? Is there ANY way to fix the problem that you know of? Can you fix it? Could the problem be resolved by removing human managers from the English league and removing the skin, at a point in time before the old season is over?

I'm afraid that any save from beyond the point of the unplayed match will likely be broken from the next season in any scenario. Any save before that point will likely be fine but we're unsure what specifically is causing the match issue in some multiplayer saves (as it never reproduces from the same save before a series of matches). After checking with the match team usually in these circumstances custom skins (especially instant result buttons) are capable of sufficiently messing with the match engine code and so are naturally under suspicion - but the truth is that this issue has proved elusive to figure out so far.