Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Hi all,

We are playing a multiplayer game with a friend and we ran into a game breaking bug.

We were both playing Sky Bet Championship (Sunderland and Ipswich) and we ended our seasons 1st and 2nd respectively. We noticed that the Sunderland only ended up playing 45 games. 6.2.2021 game against Nottingham Forest was not played and both Sunderland and Nottm Forest were down one game at the end of the season. This seemed to completely break the english league system with no promotions / relegations taking place and now on 6th of August 2021 the new season is not starting in England. Only games we can see scheduled are Carabao Cup games. It seems that as there is one game left to play, none of the english leagues are starting, and that game cannot be played without a time machine. Other countries are starting their seasons already.

We noticed this stray match during the season, but thought nothing of it, because we thought it would all come together eventually through rescheduling. However, it did not.

We got our budgets and future expectations. We noticed that there was something wrong when we noticed in the Bonus plan decisions that it was still asking for us to determine the bonuses for Sky Bet Championship. The curtain never went down so to speak.

Hopefully someone can help us, as we have already played two full seasons and would not like to start over. I cannot be sure but  I recall that on the beginning of February there was something strange going on. I remember seeing two identical matches (Sunderland against Charlton I believe) back to back and the games kept changing because of rescheduling. Might have something to do with that.

B3F853137BE5BA2CB7381C80B0477B2518CD70EFDB2984C1A0F39E98B814415A902101A33D335166

Edited by Panssu

Hey @Panssu - We could really do with a save game from Before the 6th February that didn't get played. If not, could you upload the save game anyway. Just that if we have a save before it doesn't get played, it should in theory be a bit easier to test and fix. Thanks. 

On 24/12/2019 at 19:47, Ruh Roh said:

I'm seeing that all under-21 players are eligible for the first team, no matter what their nationality is, and they don't need to go through the work permit system if there's a Brexit. But looking at AI transfers, they really aren't signing enough young foreigners for the u-23s in my opinion.

Being able to sign U21s from any country without dealing with the work permit is a huge advantage for a human player, anyone would know how to game the system in real life if these were the actual rules, so the AI should too.

Thanks for this feedback - it's a bit of a limitation with Brexit in game that we are always looking to improve. The Brexit situation (in real life) is always so fluid it can make it hard for us to keep up and adapt the game properly in future years, with the different scenarios we have. 

On 20/12/2019 at 17:32, Zilla Blitz said:

Issue: After the Vanarama North/South expand to 46 teams, the scheduling algorithm loads a majority of the matches into the first two months of the season (2 matches per week for 2+ months) and only schedules one match per week for the final months. (Screen shots below.)

While this isn't a bug, per se, and the schedule "works," it feels kind of broken when you play through it. It's brutal having two matches per week every week for two and a half months, only to have a single match per week for the last three months. I can't imagine that the schedule will be set up in real life this way? 

Request: Any way the algorithm could be tweaked to balance things out more realistically?

Two matches per week from July 31 to October 16:
(Cup match is added at the very beginning of October if you win 2nd Qualifying round of FA Cup)

0c40Jjw.png

Single match per week in February, March, April:

8d234ic.png

EDIT: Oops. I just noticed the "League Specific Issues" area. Please feel free to move this if it makes more sense there.

Hey - We found an issue where the league doesn't cope with the expansion that well are we are working on a couple of changes which should greatly improve the fixture balancing. Thanks for raising. 

3 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @Panssu - We could really do with a save game from Before the 6th February that didn't get played. If not, could you upload the save game anyway. Just that if we have a save before it doesn't get played, it should in theory be a bit easier to test and fix. Thanks. 

Hi,

You find the names of the savegames below. The first is from 2nd of August and the latter is before the incident on 30th of December.

Thank you for looking into this.

image.png.6a93767e62c50472bf300c9524b22b29.png

22 minutes ago, Panssu said:

Hi,

You find the names of the savegames below. The first is from 2nd of August and the latter is before the incident on 30th of December.

Thank you for looking into this.

image.png.6a93767e62c50472bf300c9524b22b29.png

Thanks for the saves :thup:

I started a save with just Italy loaded. After year 1 I added England (all playable levels) and most of the lower league squads (League 1 & lower) have new gen managers and new gen squads. However, I just took a position with Reading in the championship. Most of the first team squad is the newgens, however I get asked about contracts and other things with current members of the squad (real players). But I don't see them in the first team tab and the U23s and U18s are completely blank. I'm not sure where these players have disappeared to and was wondering if this happened often.

Cheers

On 23/12/2019 at 21:03, CRN711 said:

Hello,

I got the following bug with Newcastle

Summary: Not going to Europa League while finishing 6th in Premier League

Description of Issue:

I finished 6th in first season with Newcastle. Got the email saying we were qualified for Europa League, got the budget and so on.

But once the second season started, I didn't get in the Europa League. No group stage, no email, nothing. The draw have been done for the group stage but I didn't get to it.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud JNHK - Newcastle.fm save file

2019.PNG

Hey @CRN711 I've been looking at this save game to see what happened. 

As both the FA Cup (West Ham) and League Cup winner (Bournemouth) both finish outside the top places they get the European Spots. The Europa League sides will be just those two as 5th placed Man City won the Champions League. This scenario means the top 5 all enter the Champions League, and the cup winners get the Europa League spots. There is a maximum of 7 spaces in Europe for English teams, so unfortunately you are the side to miss out. 

However, it is still a bug as you really shouldn't have been sent that inbox message before it was confirmed. Do you happen to have a save game from just before the last league fixture? 

5 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

That's very peculiar - could you upload this save game to the cloud? Thanks.  

Just uploaded. Should be William Shields - Reading

Il y a 5 heures, Christopher Lewis a dit :

Hey @CRN711 I've been looking at this save game to see what happened. 

As both the FA Cup (West Ham) and League Cup winner (Bournemouth) both finish outside the top places they get the European Spots. The Europa League sides will be just those two as 5th placed Man City won the Champions League. This scenario means the top 5 all enter the Champions League, and the cup winners get the Europa League spots. There is a maximum of 7 spaces in Europe for English teams, so unfortunately you are the side to miss out. 

However, it is still a bug as you really shouldn't have been sent that inbox message before it was confirmed. Do you happen to have a save game from just before the last league fixture? 

Unfortunately, I haven't a save before this fixture as I have played (a lot ahah) since then.

Thanks for your answer anyway, guess I was out of luck.

Hello,

I have noticed that I didn't recieve any competition prize money for winning the Vanarama National League with Southport? If memory serves me right, i beat Dorking on the 14th of March to secure the title, I finished on 115 pts (which was odd aswell as I wasnt happy with my squad prior to kicking off the season) I'm currently at the end of June and it still says that I havent recieved any prize money for the year before and i'm about 500k in debt. I created the database that i'm using the day the Beta finished and havent used any in game tools to alter it? I thought most bugs were quashed? I'm sat at about over 100 hours of play time and would be really upset if my save was broken. Can somebody shed some light on my issue?

Regards

Mike

In my game the VNL does not offer any prize money for winning the league are you sure you are owned money ? 

The league above it Sky Bet League 2 only offers 27k for the winner but, as far as I know all the leagues below it don't pay any money for finishing position. 

15 hours ago, CRN711 said:

Unfortunately, I haven't a save before this fixture as I have played (a lot ahah) since then.

Thanks for your answer anyway, guess I was out of luck.

If you see it again let us know. Cheers. 

16 hours ago, mike_j_c said:

Hello,

I have noticed that I didn't recieve any competition prize money for winning the Vanarama National League with Southport? If memory serves me right, i beat Dorking on the 14th of March to secure the title, I finished on 115 pts (which was odd aswell as I wasnt happy with my squad prior to kicking off the season) I'm currently at the end of June and it still says that I havent recieved any prize money for the year before and i'm about 500k in debt. I created the database that i'm using the day the Beta finished and havent used any in game tools to alter it? I thought most bugs were quashed? I'm sat at about over 100 hours of play time and would be really upset if my save was broken. Can somebody shed some light on my issue?

Regards

Mike

I don't believe the Leagues below League Two offer prize money. Thanks. 

I don't know if this has been mentioned before (sorry, but I cba to troll through the whole thread!)

In the EPL season 2024/25 the calendar at Christmas works the same as this year, so I have games on Thursday 26th December and Saturday 28th December - don't like it, but it's in keeping with reality, so no problem.

However, they're both against the same opposition - which would never happen IRL - and it's Manchester United (I'm Spurs) which I think is also wrong for the Boxing Day games as these are generally scheduled to minimise travel on that date - looking at this year's fixtures the longest was Sheffield v Watford, which although it's a fair distance is straight up the M1 so not too bad. Manchester v London wouldn't happen. The game's also scheduled Liverpool v Chelsea, Arsenal v Man City and Norwich v Everton for Boxing Day, all of which are unlikely, but worst of all they have Brighton v Newcastle, with the return match on Tyneside two days later!  

image.thumb.png.d3e287d32537fdbc5f206ed0a35a98a9.png

image.png

On 22/11/2019 at 14:01, zacharnold said:

I am curently playing as Luton Town and in my first season and the board granted me an u23 side but i am now in my second season they haven't been invited to any u23 league 

I have continued to play throught this save and still have not been invited and I am now in my 3rd Season

On 27/12/2019 at 13:39, Christopher Lewis said:

We now started again from the older December 30th save and replayed January and February. The bug did not happen this time around and after 37 matches in the championship, everything seems fine.

I think we can just replay around this, as I figured we would have to do it anyway. Hopefully you find the reason for this and get it fixed so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

image.thumb.png.6d7d44f7c4c1b38e50f0d092d099229c.png

a partial update: I was able to sell/receive offers for a player that asked for a new contract (Watson) but still can't see/use him in the squad. Not sure if this helps 

On 31/12/2019 at 13:32, BuffaloPhil said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before (sorry, but I cba to troll through the whole thread!)

In the EPL season 2024/25 the calendar at Christmas works the same as this year, so I have games on Thursday 26th December and Saturday 28th December - don't like it, but it's in keeping with reality, so no problem.

However, they're both against the same opposition - which would never happen IRL - and it's Manchester United (I'm Spurs) which I think is also wrong for the Boxing Day games as these are generally scheduled to minimise travel on that date - looking at this year's fixtures the longest was Sheffield v Watford, which although it's a fair distance is straight up the M1 so not too bad. Manchester v London wouldn't happen. The game's also scheduled Liverpool v Chelsea, Arsenal v Man City and Norwich v Everton for Boxing Day, all of which are unlikely, but worst of all they have Brighton v Newcastle, with the return match on Tyneside two days later!  

Hi, this is a known issue that is under review with the coder internally - there should never be back to back matches as you mention.

21 hours ago, Panssu said:

We now started again from the older December 30th save and replayed January and February. The bug did not happen this time around and after 37 matches in the championship, everything seems fine.

I think we can just replay around this, as I figured we would have to do it anyway. Hopefully you find the reason for this and get it fixed so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

Thank you for the save games, this does seem to be a tricky one and the fact that it doesn't reproduce from earlier in the same save (indicating it is somewhat random within multiplayer saves) will be useful knowledge for the relevant coder.

On 30/12/2019 at 14:34, AVFCfan01 said:

Just uploaded. Should be William Shields - Reading

Thanks for the save game, I've logged this internally for our coders to review.

5 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Thanks for the save game, I've logged this internally for our coders to review.

I'm sure y'all probably already are looking at it, but I just decided to see if I could search for other players. The results — just searching for Reading players — pulled up pretty much all of the current (IRL) Reading squad and none of the newgens. I am thinking that this issue was caused by adding England as a playable league? 

Posted (edited)

my game is bugged , every game is being played on huddersfield stadium , they dont share it but it seems like the league choose it by default 

what am I missing?

Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.04 - 12.31.33.59.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.04 - 12.31.43.54.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.04 - 12.31.49.59.png

Edited by Branquinho1997

Just won the Carabao Cup, and had a notification of the players who were awarded a medal - it included everyone in my squad who'd played in the Carabao Cup that season, including players that I'd bought in January and who'd played only for their previous team in the competition. Obviously that's not right.

Posted (edited)

Following Brexit the work permit rules have changed, however they have not come into force. Clubs can sign any players they like without a work permit. Despite the rules stating they need it for anyone none UK or ROI. Uploaded a save via the cloud service

Edited by crazy-yoda91

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 12:33, Branquinho1997 said:

my game is bugged , every game is being played on huddersfield stadium , they dont share it but it seems like the league choose it by default 

what am I missing?

Are you using any custom editor data? 

20 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Just won the Carabao Cup, and had a notification of the players who were awarded a medal - it included everyone in my squad who'd played in the Carabao Cup that season, including players that I'd bought in January and who'd played only for their previous team in the competition. Obviously that's not right.

Thanks for this - it's on our radar to correct after a similar issue occurred with the Scottish Cup. 

57 minutes ago, crazy-yoda91 said:

Following Brexit the work permit rules have changed, however they have not come into force. Clubs can sign any players they like without a work permit. Despite the rules stating they need it for anyone none UK or ROI. Uploaded a save via the cloud service

Hey - What did you call the save game? Thanks. 

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 04:05, SamsonWong said:

Playing BPL league 2nd season, I won the league with 5 games to go.

Right after winning the 33rd game, my players were presented with the winners medal that stipulated only players that played 5 games or more are awarded medals.

For the following next 5 games, after winning the title, I played a fringe player that had not fulfilled the 5 games medal count and had no medal at the end.

Thanks for this good point - it's under review. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 22:30, Tomtheowl95 said:

Does anybody know why the fixtures for the National League and National League North/South aren't the same as in real life despite being licensed leagues? Seems odd that this has changed after years of it being the same as real life for a number of years. Takes away from the realism of the game a bit.

Does anyone have an update on this? Seems odd nobody else has had the same issue. Loaded up a new game with no edited databases on it and still the same so it's not that that is causing the issue.

On 06/01/2020 at 13:38, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey - What did you call the save game? Thanks. 

Jan 2. It was the earliest save I had.

Em 06/01/2020 em 13:36, Christopher Lewis disse:

Are you using any custom editor data? 

yes , my own file

Posted (edited)

'Foreign' teams are not being invited to the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Scottish Challenge Cup.

Quote from wikipedia - Also participating by invitation will be four teams each from the Highland and Lowland Leagues and eight entrants from outside Scottish football – two each from the NIFL Premiership in Northern Ireland, the National League, League of Ireland and the Welsh Premier League in Wales. 

This season in real life, Solihull Moors and Wrexham were England's representatives. (Funny that TNS of the Welsh league were Wales' representatives - despite playing in Oswestry, England. Wrexham for the English leagues despite being Welsh and Berwick for Scotland despite being English - but that's neither here nor there). I realised this when finishing 2nd in national League with Yeovil Town and losing in playoffs and not qualifying (2 highest placed teams who don't promote qualify). I then reloaded a previous save and added the Scottish leagues to the game in case that made a difference - it did not. I also checked Solihull and Wrexham's past fixtures this season and no Challenge Cup results.

(This could probably be posted in NI, Ire, Welsh or Scot forum - I discovered it in an English league, however)

Thanks 
(P.S. Sorry about the odd formatting, I don't know how to change it! Was because I copied and pasted)

Edited by ToonPatriot

20 hours ago, ToonPatriot said:

'Foreign' teams are not being invited to the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Scottish Challenge Cup.

Quote from wikipedia - Also participating by invitation will be four teams each from the Highland and Lowland Leagues and eight entrants from outside Scottish football – two each from the NIFL Premiership in Northern Ireland, the National League, League of Ireland and the Welsh Premier League in Wales. 

This season in real life, Solihull Moors and Wrexham were England's representatives. (Funny that TNS of the Welsh league were Wales' representatives - despite playing in Oswestry, England. Wrexham for the English leagues despite being Welsh and Berwick for Scotland despite being English - but that's neither here nor there). I realised this when finishing 2nd in national League with Yeovil Town and losing in playoffs and not qualifying (2 highest placed teams who don't promote qualify). I then reloaded a previous save and added the Scottish leagues to the game in case that made a difference - it did not. I also checked Solihull and Wrexham's past fixtures this season and no Challenge Cup results.

(This could probably be posted in NI, Ire, Welsh or Scot forum - I discovered it in an English league, however)

Thanks 
(P.S. Sorry about the odd formatting, I don't know how to change it! Was because I copied and pasted)

This works properly in my save. I have all leagues in England, Nire, Ireland, Scotland and Wales loaded and have been entered into this every year after winning the league the previous season.

I was drawn against Wrexham (as it happens) this year and have definitely played a Republic team in the past.

hello. weird bug just happened to me in my first season. my player was send off after getting 2nd yellow card, but then i got meassage he got 2m ban for geting red card.  player status does say he is banned for 2 games.

1st screenshot is match report, saying that after VAR decision it's penalty and Engels got 2nd yellow card.

2 nd screenshot is meassage inbox saying he got 2 game ban after red card.

save game before match uploaded with name fmjonek. another one after game with inbox message with name fmjonek Aston Villa.

raport.jpg

skrzynka.jpg

Edited by fmjonek

On 10/01/2020 at 12:21, BML said:

This works properly in my save. I have all leagues in England, Nire, Ireland, Scotland and Wales loaded and have been entered into this every year after winning the league the previous season.

I was drawn against Wrexham (as it happens) this year and have definitely played a Republic team in the past.

Ahh, maybe you have to have all the leagues selected. Hmmm

So, the rules for getting a PL medal are to have played in 5 matches. Now, ideally, this should be 5 matches anytime over the season (even if you have won the PL before the season ended, with 5 or so matches to spare). Greenwood has 5 matches in the PL last season, but three of those appearances came after we won the PL mathematically. The medals were awarded instantly, rather than at the end of the season, so he missed out, which doesn't make sense. He should have received his medal additionally, at the end of the season, right?

image.thumb.png.ebc14b7660dcff5ab2f691f01c935871.png

image.thumb.png.06cc05c7306c354baf48398bd1db5dc1.png

On 12/01/2020 at 17:02, Sherkey said:

So, the rules for getting a PL medal are to have played in 5 matches. Now, ideally, this should be 5 matches anytime over the season (even if you have won the PL before the season ended, with 5 or so matches to spare). Greenwood has 5 matches in the PL last season, but three of those appearances came after we won the PL mathematically. The medals were awarded instantly, rather than at the end of the season, so he missed out, which doesn't make sense. He should have received his medal additionally, at the end of the season, right?

image.thumb.png.ebc14b7660dcff5ab2f691f01c935871.png

image.thumb.png.06cc05c7306c354baf48398bd1db5dc1.png

Do you have a save file from the season in which you managed to capture the title? If so, could you please upload it to the SI Cloud server and we'll take a look.

2 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Do you have a save file from the season in which you managed to capture the title? If so, could you please upload it to the SI Cloud server and we'll take a look.

I have the save file, but I have continued into the next season. Will that suffice?

1 minute ago, Sherkey said:

I have the save file, but I have continued into the next season. Will that suffice?

I'm afraid it would have to be within that season so that we can see why the player isn't getting getting a medal. If this happens again, please keep a save file from before it has happened. We will keep an eye out for this issue. Thank you very much.

I have a new issue. I was looking at Head to Head meetings, and I realised that the game is counting the result of the game at the end of normal time. In the example, my head to head record with Liverpool should be 4 Won, 5 Lost and 2 Drawn. Instead, I have 3 drawn and 4 lost, clearly it has counted EFL Cup Final as a draw (it was, at Extra Time), but it should be looking at the final result - loss on penalties.

image.thumb.png.0064a3b8f349373df1666a69eaad6866.png

On 11/01/2020 at 14:49, fmjonek said:

hello. weird bug just happened to me in my first season. my player was send off after getting 2nd yellow card, but then i got meassage he got 2m ban for geting red card.  player status does say he is banned for 2 games.

1st screenshot is match report, saying that after VAR decision it's penalty and Engels got 2nd yellow card.

2 nd screenshot is meassage inbox saying he got 2 game ban after red card.

save game before match uploaded with name fmjonek. another one after game with inbox message with name fmjonek Aston Villa.

Hi there, is this the first red card that Engels has got this season? If so could you upload your save to our cloud service please and we'll take a look. Thanks

On 15/01/2020 at 17:51, Sherkey said:

I have a new issue. I was looking at Head to Head meetings, and I realised that the game is counting the result of the game at the end of normal time. In the example, my head to head record with Liverpool should be 4 Won, 5 Lost and 2 Drawn. Instead, I have 3 drawn and 4 lost, clearly it has counted EFL Cup Final as a draw (it was, at Extra Time), but it should be looking at the final result - loss on penalties.

Thanks for raising this, I've now logged this internally to be reviewed.

Axel Tuanzebe is suspended randomly in the PL. He was fine for the previous match (where he was an unused substitute, and he hasn't even played a PL match this season).

File name - Man Utd v4.fm

image.thumb.png.4150ae048816b25786fefb39ebf281f1.png

image.thumb.png.23f5d6cb90c938addabf1402c82b7cd4.png

I’ve noticed in the last 2 years of FM that you constantly get drawn against City, Arsenal Liverpool or United 3rd or 4th round. There seems to be no randomness about the draws. Very rare you draw a team from a lower league. Is this a bug?

On 17/01/2020 at 21:49, marty_roberts06 said:

I’ve noticed in the last 2 years of FM that you constantly get drawn against City, Arsenal Liverpool or United 3rd or 4th round. There seems to be no randomness about the draws. Very rare you draw a team from a lower league. Is this a bug?

It may just be very bad luck. If you have a save file from just before a draw, could you please upload it to the SI Cloud server and we'll take a look at it just in case there is any issue here. Thank you very much.