Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

43 minutes ago, SWGF said:

Leasing.com Trophy

Couple of things.

Team selection was affected by international call-ups. Not sure the Final would/should clash with an international weekend?

Also, in the final, there should be extra-time before penalties, however in my game my drawn match went straight to pens after 90mins (which I subsequently lost!):

https://www.efl.com/leasingcomtrophy/the-competition/rules/

5.1.6 Final.

(i) The two winners from the semi-finals will contest the final.

(ii) The final shall be played on a date and at a time to be determined by the League.

(iii) The Match will be of ninety minutes duration.  If the scores are level at the end of the Match then there will be a period of extra time of thirty        minutes duration.  If the scores remain level after extra time then the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark        in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.

The clash is caused by the Leasing Schedule being slightly incorrect and some rounds being on the wrong dates. It's logged to be changed. 

The Extra Time bug was logged by myself a couple of weeks ago when I was surprised my game somehow went straight to penalties. Was a big surprise to me considering I literally attended the final last year and I knew for sure it should be going to extra time. Should be fixed in an update. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

The clash is caused by the Leasing Schedule being slightly incorrect and some rounds being on the wrong dates. It's logged to be changed. 

The Extra Time bug was logged by myself a couple of weeks ago when I was surprised my game somehow went straight to penalties. Was a big surprise to me considering I literally attended the final last year and I knew for sure it should be going to extra time. Should be fixed in an update. 

Cheers for the reply.  Yeah, the Final thing was a bit of a pain. I paused the match towards the end and Googled whether there'd be ET or pens. When I saw it should be ET, I held back on subbing on all my penalty takers and then lost the shootout.....well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

First sorry for my english I'm French and I use Google Translate. I don't know if it's a bug but I think it's weird.

This is my table.

zz9w.png

The rule says that the 4 first teams wil be in Champions League and that is good.

The rule says the 5 and 6 will be in Europa League and 7 in the Europa Conference League but Tottenham win Europa League and go in Champions League, that is possible ? Moreover Norwich and Chelsea win the FA and Carabao Cup and they are in group stage of Europa League. West Ham et Wolves nothing. 

It's possible to have 5 clubs in Champions League ?

It's possible to have 0 club in Europa Conference League ?

Why the Carabao and FA Cup qualified immediatly the winner in Europa League and the 5 and 6 in PL are nothing ?

2 hours ago, Curkix said:

First sorry for my english I'm French and I use Google Translate. I don't know if it's a bug but I think it's weird.

This is my table.

zz9w.png

The rule says that the 4 first teams wil be in Champions League and that is good.

The rule says the 5 and 6 will be in Europa League and 7 in the Europa Conference League but Tottenham win Europa League and go in Champions League, that is possible ? Moreover Norwich and Chelsea win the FA and Carabao Cup and they are in group stage of Europa League. West Ham et Wolves nothing. 

Why the Carabao and FA Cup qualified immediatly the winner in Europa League and the 5 and 6 in PL are nothing ?

"Tottenham win Europa League and go in Champions League, that is possible ?"

Yes, that is what would happen.

"It's possible to have 5 clubs in Champions League ?"

Yes, 5 is the maximum.

The others, I'm not sure about. Presumably we only have so many continental places to give out, so lose a Europa League spot when we have 5 Champions League qualifying teams.

2 hours ago, Curkix said:

This is my table.

zz9w.png

That's very unfortunate for you, but this is correct.  Since Tottenham have won Europa League and finished outside CL places in the league, they automatically get the 5th CL place. Winners of both cups (FA and Carabao) get Europa League spot. Since Chelsea and Norwich are both outside of continental competition places and since there are only 7 places available for continental football in English leagues, 5th and 6th in the league end up with empty hands. Very rare and unfortunate scenario, but that are the rules.

10 hours ago, Haiku said:

That's very unfortunate for you, but this is correct.  Since Tottenham have won Europa League and finished outside CL places in the league, they automatically get the 5th CL place. Winners of both cups (FA and Carabao) get Europa League spot. Since Chelsea and Norwich are both outside of continental competition places and since there are only 7 places available for continental football in English leagues, 5th and 6th in the league end up with empty hands. Very rare and unfortunate scenario, but that are the rules.

I don't think I've actually seen this scenario in game without forcing it to happen in the editor. A super rare scenario, but what Haiku said is correct. 

12 hours ago, maniakus87 said:

Hi,

First, i'll cry.

I was second with Wrexham at Sky Bet League Two (automatic promotion) and there is no draw for the new season. I attached an image. Need help. (33 hours gone... :( )  (https://i.imgur.com/3HKDSry.png)

Desktop Screenshot 2019.12.04 - 22.34.56.83.png

What's the earliest save game that you have? This bug is caused by a Club Vision piece of code that changes the name of a stage in a competition. 

56 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

What's the earliest save game that you have? This bug is caused by a Club Vision piece of code that changes the name of a stage in a competition. 

2021 may 13. But i tried, and unfortunately nothing changed.

7 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Can you upload this save game? Thanks. 

Sure.

Simon Tamás - Wrexham.fm 

Edited by maniakus87
Wrong filename.

completed season 1 as winner... now i dont have any premier fixtures for the 2nd season... got all the cups and friendlies no other fixtures and in august 2021 plz help

15 hours ago, disturbed52 said:

completed season 1 as winner... now i dont have any premier fixtures for the 2nd season... got all the cups and friendlies no other fixtures and in august 2021 plz help

Hey @disturbed52 - what's the earliest save game that you have? I think it's the club vision code again changing a playoff stage name. 

On 05/12/2019 at 14:33, maniakus87 said:

Sure.

Simon Tamás - Wrexham.fm 

Something will happen? Very frustrating. I'm afraid to start a new game, because of this gamebreaking bug.

Vanarama National League South

Save Game File Uploaded - Kings Langley (1 Nation, 6 Leagues).

Date in Game - 29 August 2020.

Issue - League rules state only six long terms loans permitted per season.  At the time of writing, I have signed eleven players on a season long loan (though I have sent five of them back).  If I try to sign someone else on loan, it states on the offer page that I haven't signed any loans yet.  I have seven at once at one time and it allowed me to have all seven in the matchday squad of sixteen.

Edited by DazRTaylor

On 07/12/2019 at 19:08, DazRTaylor said:

Vanarama National League South

Save Game File Uploaded - Kings Langley (1 Nation, 6 Leagues).

Date in Game - 29 August 2020.

Issue - League rules state only six long terms loans permitted per season.  At the time of writing, I have signed eleven players on a season long loan (though I have sent five of them back).  If I try to sign someone else on loan, it states on the offer page that I haven't signed any loans yet.  I have seven at once at one time and it allowed me to have all seven in the matchday squad of sixteen.

There's an existing bug in Italy with the loan rules not being enforced. I'll add this example too. Weirdly for some leagues it works and not for others. 

On 05/12/2019 at 14:07, Christopher Lewis said:

Can you upload this save game? Thanks. 

Can you help me? :(

Hello,

I'm at the beginning of 2023-2024 season with York City and I just have promoted to League One. Last season i made board request to create an U23 team, but since then, my U23 team does not play in any competition. As we can see in this screenshots, there is a bug with start date and end date (1/1/1900) of English U23 Division North, where i think that my U23 team should play (and with number of teams...17?! ). 

Also, can you please explain me or give me a link where i can read about rules for U23 competitions? The league in which my U23 team plays has anything to do with Youth Level? For now, I have YL 4, but from next season the board said I will have YL 3.

Thank you!

FM1.PNG

FM2.PNG

Edited by Nicu94

Does anybody know why the fixtures for the National League and National League North/South aren't the same as in real life despite being licensed leagues? Seems odd that this has changed after years of it being the same as real life for a number of years. Takes away from the realism of the game a bit.

On 10/12/2019 at 12:33, Nicu94 said:

Hello,

I'm at the beginning of 2023-2024 season with York City and I just have promoted to League One. Last season i made board request to create an U23 team, but since then, my U23 team does not play in any competition. As we can see in this screenshots, there is a bug with start date and end date (1/1/1900) of English U23 Division North, where i think that my U23 team should play (and with number of teams...17?! ). 

Also, can you please explain me or give me a link where i can read about rules for U23 competitions? The league in which my U23 team plays has anything to do with Youth Level? For now, I have YL 4, but from next season the board said I will have YL 3.

Thank you!

FM1.PNG

FM2.PNG

I think from memory that the U23 team has one year of playing friendly games before it gets added to the League. But I'll check. 

Not sure if there's an issue with League Two players registrations. Rules stipulate you need to have minimum of 15 players registered but u23's trained in England don't need to be registered in order to play.

The majority of my squad are u23's so I cant make up the 15 min. players without registering some of them which then takes up spaces unnecessarily but means I can confirm my squad for the next season.

Hopefully this makes sense or someone can point out where I'm missing something if not an issue

Not sure if this is a league specific issue, but I've noticed an issue with my Liverpool save in relation to rearranged fixtures. I am in my second season (2020/21) and I've got through to the Carabao Cup final. The game was originally scheduled for 28th February but was postponed/rearranged a couple of times for no particular reason and I never received any notification of the change (I had no other figures on or near the original date). The game has now been rearranged for 27 March, which happens to clash with an international period (see screenshot). This means that the vast majority of my first team squad are unavailable and I only have 6 first team players to choose from (fortunately my opponents, Chelsea, have loads missing too!). This has to be a bug, right?

Picture1.thumb.png.7948659863b5bb1bb2a4cc90d26e7074.png

5 hours ago, chrislaz said:

Not sure if this is a league specific issue, but I've noticed an issue with my Liverpool save in relation to rearranged fixtures. I am in my second season (2020/21) and I've got through to the Carabao Cup final. The game was originally scheduled for 28th February but was postponed/rearranged a couple of times for no particular reason and I never received any notification of the change (I had no other figures on or near the original date). The game has now been rearranged for 27 March, which happens to clash with an international period (see screenshot). This means that the vast majority of my first team squad are unavailable and I only have 6 first team players to choose from (fortunately my opponents, Chelsea, have loads missing too!). This has to be a bug, right?

Picture1.thumb.png.7948659863b5bb1bb2a4cc90d26e7074.png

Did you or Chelsea have any games in the Europa League or Champions League that could have caused the issue? I'm sure it's a bug so I'd like to see the save. Thanks. https://community.sigames.com/topic/495118-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

On 05/12/2019 at 10:27, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @frodomin - when did you start this save game? 

sorry for the delay - I have been travelling. I messed around during the beta then started this save on launch day

On 12/12/2019 at 16:20, Christopher Lewis said:

I think from memory that the U23 team has one year of playing friendly games before it gets added to the League. But I'll check. 

It's the second season in a row for my U23 team without any League matches :( But i've checked and i think the issue is because my Youth Level is still at Level 4...and all U23 teams from U23 Division 4 have Youth Level 3. This may be the problem, i'm not sure. Please tell me if you have further informations. Thank you!

This is the 2020/21 season. 

Second round League Cup Draw. 

The rule is North and South clubs don't meet until the 3rd round. 

You had it right for first season so how has it messed up second season? 

Fix It.png

Is no replays in the FA Cup third round in 2022 a planned thing due to the Qatar world cup?

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 20:29, KUBI said:

Are their any news about this issue @Christopher Lewis ?

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 16:20, maniakus87 said:

Something will happen? Very frustrating. I'm afraid to start a new game, because of this gamebreaking bug.

I've been talking with a coder about this. Unfortunately this will probably need a new game I think as we've put out a fix for this in the 20.2. The issue is that the club vision code for a Championship team gets corrupted at some point and changes "Championship" playoff to "League Two Playoff" for one of the games.  

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 21:41, frodomin said:

sorry for the delay - I have been travelling. I messed around during the beta then started this save on launch day

Thanks for the info :) 

18 hours ago, seanydude said:

Is no replays in the FA Cup third round in 2022 a planned thing due to the Qatar world cup?

Yes - We needed to free up some midweek spaces so just for this season there is no FA Cup Replays. We'll review this as we get closer and closer to Qatar and competitions actually announce what they are going to do. 

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 23:11, Aeroswfc said:

This is the 2020/21 season. 

Second round League Cup Draw. 

The rule is North and South clubs don't meet until the 3rd round. 

You had it right for first season so how has it messed up second season? 

Fix It.png

Not really sure how the second season doesn't regionalise. It's with a coder now anyway - thanks for raising. 

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 16:31, Nicu94 said:

It's the second season in a row for my U23 team without any League matches :( But i've checked and i think the issue is because my Youth Level is still at Level 4...and all U23 teams from U23 Division 4 have Youth Level 3. This may be the problem, i'm not sure. Please tell me if you have further informations. Thank you!

That probably is the issue as the leagues do look at Youth Level to help decide the league the teams enter. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

I've been talking with a coder about this. Unfortunately this will probably need a new game I think as we've put out a fix for this in the 20.2. The issue is that the club vision code for a Championship team gets corrupted at some point and changes "Championship" playoff to "League Two Playoff" for one of the games.  

Thank you :)

19 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Yes - We needed to free up some midweek spaces so just for this season there is no FA Cup Replays. We'll review this as we get closer and closer to Qatar and competitions actually announce what they are going to do. 

Super, so long as it’s meant to be in the game. I was heartbroken, managed to snatch a draw with my Bolton team against Spurs, had used all three subs to waste time then we carried on playing :lol:

6 hours ago, seanydude said:

Super, so long as it’s meant to be in the game. I was heartbroken, managed to snatch a draw with my Bolton team against Spurs, had used all three subs to waste time then we carried on playing :lol:

As a lower league player I know how that FA Cup heartbreak feels. Never going to forgive United for beating me 2-1 in the last minute. 

But yes in that year it's intentional, it'll go back to usual the following year. 

I am in year 4 managing Everton.  I have signed a few foreign players to send out on fee paying loans to generate monthly income.  I have maxed out the allowed 22 and over loans to foreign clubs allowance.

However, the game is not letting me send U21 loans out to foreign clubs as fee paying or no fee loans.  I can't find any setting or competition rules that would prevent me from loaning out U21 players.  The transfer "error" I'm getting says that the reason why is because I've maxed out the O22 loan spots, but the player isn't O22...

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 11.12.23 AM.png

On 13/12/2019 at 15:08, Christopher Lewis said:

Did you or Chelsea have any games in the Europa League or Champions League that could have caused the issue? I'm sure it's a bug so I'd like to see the save. Thanks. https://community.sigames.com/topic/495118-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

I had a Europa League tie either side of the original scheduled date (28 Feb), but surely having a game on the Thursday and the final on Sunday wouldn't necessitate a rearrangement. Looks like Chelsea had an FA Cup 5th round match the day after (01 Mar), so I guess that is the cause, but I'd have thought a Wembley final would take precedence. Weirdly, it looks like 6 of the 5th round FA Cup ties took place from 01 to 03 March (Monday to Wednesday) and but the other 2 (including my own game) weren't until Sunday 14th March for some reason. No obvious reason why the majority of the games were scheduled for weekdays!

Anyway, I've uploaded the save (hopefully) to the Cloud service. Filename is Chris Laslett - Liverpool.fm.

21 hours ago, stickpiano said:

I am in year 4 managing Everton.  I have signed a few foreign players to send out on fee paying loans to generate monthly income.  I have maxed out the allowed 22 and over loans to foreign clubs allowance.

However, the game is not letting me send U21 loans out to foreign clubs as fee paying or no fee loans.  I can't find any setting or competition rules that would prevent me from loaning out U21 players.  The transfer "error" I'm getting says that the reason why is because I've maxed out the O22 loan spots, but the player isn't O22...

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 11.12.23 AM.png

You should be free to loan out this player if he's under 22. Can I get a save game just before you attempt to complete the deal? Thanks. 

19 hours ago, chrislaz said:

I had a Europa League tie either side of the original scheduled date (28 Feb), but surely having a game on the Thursday and the final on Sunday wouldn't necessitate a rearrangement. Looks like Chelsea had an FA Cup 5th round match the day after (01 Mar), so I guess that is the cause, but I'd have thought a Wembley final would take precedence. Weirdly, it looks like 6 of the 5th round FA Cup ties took place from 01 to 03 March (Monday to Wednesday) and but the other 2 (including my own game) weren't until Sunday 14th March for some reason. No obvious reason why the majority of the games were scheduled for weekdays!

Anyway, I've uploaded the save (hopefully) to the Cloud service. Filename is Chris Laslett - Liverpool.fm.

Thanks for the save - Struggling to reproduce this problem myself but your save is good evidence that it is happening. 

On 16/12/2019 at 11:49, Christopher Lewis said:

This has happened to me twice now,so disheartening to get into a save and lose it after a season. Both times in 20.2 as well, once with Ipswich Town (so not Championship?).  I uploaded the file - Martin Salter - Ipswich Town

I can 100% confirm that this is not fixed for 20.2, now very reluctant to play the game anymore as my last two saves have had this problem at the end of the first season

Transfer window ends before a game is played. Board won't release transfer funds until after they have seen a game played. Sort it out because that's ridiculous

Screenshot-20191219-073755-FM20-Touch.jp

4 hours ago, Dudeface81 said:

Transfer window ends before a game is played. Board won't release transfer funds until after they have seen a game played. Sort it out because that's ridiculous

Screenshot-20191219-073755-FM20-Touch.jp

I'll need a save game to investigate this. Thanks. 

Issue: After the Vanarama North/South expand to 46 teams, the scheduling algorithm loads a majority of the matches into the first two months of the season (2 matches per week for 2+ months) and only schedules one match per week for the final months. (Screen shots below.)

While this isn't a bug, per se, and the schedule "works," it feels kind of broken when you play through it. It's brutal having two matches per week every week for two and a half months, only to have a single match per week for the last three months. I can't imagine that the schedule will be set up in real life this way? 

Request: Any way the algorithm could be tweaked to balance things out more realistically?

Two matches per week from July 31 to October 16:
(Cup match is added at the very beginning of October if you win 2nd Qualifying round of FA Cup)

0c40Jjw.png

Single match per week in February, March, April:

8d234ic.png

EDIT: Oops. I just noticed the "League Specific Issues" area. Please feel free to move this if it makes more sense there.

Edited by Zilla Blitz

Hello,

I got the following bug with Newcastle

Summary: Not going to Europa League while finishing 6th in Premier League

Description of Issue:

I finished 6th in first season with Newcastle. Got the email saying we were qualified for Europa League, got the budget and so on.

But once the second season started, I didn't get in the Europa League. No group stage, no email, nothing. The draw have been done for the group stage but I didn't get to it.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud JNHK - Newcastle.fm save file

2019.PNG

I'm seeing that all under-21 players are eligible for the first team, no matter what their nationality is, and they don't need to go through the work permit system if there's a Brexit. But looking at AI transfers, they really aren't signing enough young foreigners for the u-23s in my opinion.

Being able to sign U21s from any country without dealing with the work permit is a huge advantage for a human player, anyone would know how to game the system in real life if these were the actual rules, so the AI should too.

Edited by Ruh Roh

Playing BPL league 2nd season, I won the league with 5 games to go.

Right after winning the 33rd game, my players were presented with the winners medal that stipulated only players that played 5 games or more are awarded medals.

For the following next 5 games, after winning the title, I played a fringe player that had not fulfilled the 5 games medal count and had no medal at the end.

Edited by SamsonWong