Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, averagemike said:

FA Cup semi finals both at Wembley on the same day in first season, one at 3pm and one at 5.15pm. 

Thanks @averagemike - just noticed this repeating in my save game. It's under review. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, apw132 said:

My premier league fixtures are an exact repeat of the first half of the season after January. Not sure if its a bug or just a weird quirk.20191105110511_1.thumb.jpg.44127f153ef76ca5f104622d968bf4f5.jpg20191105143657_1.thumb.jpg.84dcd3d3528c37b813214a4cc5deca0c.jpg

Could well just be a bit of a weird coincidence but possibly could be a bug? Does anyone else reading this thread notice this happening? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CookieFM said:

Not sure if this is the right place, or even if this is even a bug?

 

But I have only been given one day rest after my 3rd premier league game vs wolves before playing in the 2nd round of the league cup vs watford, is that normal?

 

image.thumb.png.9ddd05c00636836a49465ecf440ee428.png

Ideally it should move the Carabao game to the Wednesday once the Premier League game is moved to the Sunday. I've logged a similar issue where the game that is scheduled in the middle at the weekend sometimes just gets cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NewCorkSeth said:

I posted this in the wrong thread and it was moved here. 

 

Seems like an important one to me. 

 

Thanks for this - it is under review. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Britain left the EU I got the news article rẻ the rule changes but actually when we got to the next season as far as I can see the rules never changed. It should have changed to a 17 foreigner limit. 

It never did. Which is fine by me but it should really have changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I have a problem in Carabao Cup. First leg semi final against Liverpool at home : 0-0. Second leg semi final at Anfield : 1-1. So I should have won with the away goal but no, that was penalty session. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sutharam[FM_CHAMP] said:

I have a loaned player who got 2 yellow cards, and therefor a red card. But he was not suspended for the next game.

Who are you playing as? What competition was the red card given in? What competition is the next game in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Charles B said:

I think I have a problem in Carabao Cup. First leg semi final against Liverpool at home : 0-0. Second leg semi final at Anfield : 1-1. So I should have won with the away goal but no, that was penalty session. 

 

No away goals rule in the semis, you should be able to see it under competition rules.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Cup#Format

Quote: "From 2018–19, extra time was scrapped for all rounds except the final, and the away goal rule was scrapped for the semi-final, with level ties going straight to a penalty shoot-out."

(sources in the article)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sutharam[FM_CHAMP] said:

I have a loaned player who got 2 yellow cards, and therefor a red card. But he was not suspended for the next game.

Do you have this save game? We'd very much like to get more saves with this issue. Thanks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The National League fixtures are not synced with those in real life. For e.g Currently managing Hartlepool and started my season away at Notts County on 10th August, Hartlepool actually played Sutton Utd at home on 3rd August... the EFL starts on 03/08/19 however National League does not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JordanRichardson said:

The National League fixtures are not synced with those in real life. For e.g Currently managing Hartlepool and started my season away at Notts County on 10th August, Hartlepool actually played Sutton Utd at home on 3rd August... the EFL starts on 03/08/19 however National League does not.

Thanks for this - It's under review. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calendar (fixtures) is messed up (20.0.3 version) although I've just applied the hotfix so I don't know if it was happening in previous game versions.

Premier League starting in July?

Even weirder is not having ANY matches in November (and no matches until December 21st, so there's a huge gap from October 29th to December 21st without any official match). Also, December 31st is duplicated.

 

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Edited by rayloriga1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not exactly sure this belongs here, but I'll give it a go.  One match-day before the end of the season, three things have happened.

First, I mathematically secured a top-4 finish in the Premier League.  I'm pretty sure this still means I get a Champions League place - I don't think they've changed the rule yet to strip those 4th place spots away.  The news item I received was about guaranteeing qualification to the EURO Cup, and said I could still qualify for the CL if results go my way.  As I said, I've guaranteed at least 4th place.

Second, I got some unhappy players because I've failed to qualify for the CL; I think this is a known issue, so I'll skip it.

Third, a day later, I got a notification about Chelsea confirming qualification to the EURO Cup - but they actually guaranteed themselves a top 3 finish, so they're actually not in the EURO Cup at all, they're in the Champions League.  In the league table, they show as ECC rather than EC, in fact.

I've uploaded a save to go with this.  It is, unfortunately, after the first two issues but before the third.  The filename is Tom Whittaker - Arsenal - CL bug.fm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rayloriga1 said:

Calendar (fixtures) is messed up (20.0.3 version) although I've just applied the hotfix so I don't know if it was happening in previous game versions.

Premier League starting in July?

Even weirder is not having ANY matches in November (and no matches until December 21st, so there's a huge gap from October 29th to December 21st without any official match). Also, December 31st is duplicated.

 

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

World Cup Qatar 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

First, I mathematically secured a top-4 finish in the Premier League.  I'm pretty sure this still means I get a Champions League place - I don't think they've changed the rule yet to strip those 4th place spots away.  The news item I received was about guaranteeing qualification to the EURO Cup, and said I could still qualify for the CL if results go my way.  As I said, I've guaranteed at least 4th place.

Potentially qualifying for the top 4 doesn't guarantee CL football if other European results go against you (if the Europa League Winner and Champions League winner finish outside the top 4) but as that can't happen in your game, we'll review this. 

 

14 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Third, a day later, I got a notification about Chelsea confirming qualification to the EURO Cup - but they actually guaranteed themselves a top 3 finish, so they're actually not in the EURO Cup at all, they're in the Champions League.  In the league table, they show as ECC rather than EC, in fact.

Chelsea on the other hand are guaranteed to get ECC football. Under review. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rayloriga1 said:

Calendar (fixtures) is messed up (20.0.3 version) although I've just applied the hotfix so I don't know if it was happening in previous game versions.

Premier League starting in July?

Even weirder is not having ANY matches in November (and no matches until December 21st, so there's a huge gap from October 29th to December 21st without any official match). Also, December 31st is duplicated.

 

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Could you upload the save with the duplicated fixtures? Thanks. 

The break in the season is the Qatar World Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Potentially qualifying for the top 4 doesn't guarantee CL football if other European results go against you (if the Europa League Winner and Champions League winner finish outside the top 4) but as that can't happen in your game, we'll review this.

Ah, good catch on the cup finals, thank you.

One thing to note which wasn't in my original post because I hadn't seen it is that my board objective to qualify for the CL in 20/21 was marked as Passed while the objective to qualify for 19/20 was still considered In Progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Ah, good catch on the cup finals, thank you.

One thing to note which wasn't in my original post because I hadn't seen it is that my board objective to qualify for the CL in 20/21 was marked as Passed while the objective to qualify for 19/20 was still considered In Progress.

Worth raising this on the Club Vision section of the forum - they'll be the ones to help with this bug. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early Saturday Premier League kick offs are at 12.00pm (midday) however in real life they're at 12.30pm. There are also a high number of fixtures scheduled at 15.00 on Sundays on the game, which is really uncommon in real life with Sunday kick offs usually scheduled for 14.00 and 16.30 in the Prem. Little thing but really bugs me I guess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, rayloriga1 said:

Calendar (fixtures) is messed up (20.0.3 version) although I've just applied the hotfix so I don't know if it was happening in previous game versions.

Premier League starting in July?

Even weirder is not having ANY matches in November (and no matches until December 21st, so there's a huge gap from October 29th to December 21st without any official match). Also, December 31st is duplicated.

 

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Early start and big gap in November and December are due to the Qatar 2022 World Cup being held in winter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if raised: Premier League rules changed this season meaning that the result between the two teams is more important than overall goal difference. 

The current EPL rules in the game imply that's not the case. 

image.png.90fbb88e119e5ff9dd00068f8a2fad22.png

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1262217

Head-to-head records 

If two or more clubs finish level in the table when competing for the title or European qualification, or when relegation is at stake, their records in the head-to-head matches will now be used to separate them.

In previous seasons, teams involved in these specific battles who finished with the same points total, goal difference and number of goals scored would be pitted against each other in a playoff.

But that extra match is now less likely.

In 2019/20 the team who have collected the most points in the head-to-head duels between the sides lying level on points, goal difference and number of goals scored, will take the highest finishing position, while the team with the fewest will take the lowest place.

If clubs still cannot be separated, the team who scored the most goals away from home in the head-to-head matches will get the highest position.

Only if the clubs remain level in the table after this will a playoff be arranged, at a neutral ground, with the format, timing and venue being determined by the Premier League Board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ADHarris97 said:

Early Saturday Premier League kick offs are at 12.00pm (midday) however in real life they're at 12.30pm. There are also a high number of fixtures scheduled at 15.00 on Sundays on the game, which is really uncommon in real life with Sunday kick offs usually scheduled for 14.00 and 16.30 in the Prem. Little thing but really bugs me I guess!

Are these games that are kicking at 3pm on the Sunday games that are rearranged from the Saturday and caused by the Euro Cup fixtures? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ADHarris97 said:

Early start and big gap in November and December are due to the Qatar 2022 World Cup being held in winter!

Wasn't aware of that! My apologies, I knew that was very strange because every other season was right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premier league 12noon sat fixtures should be 12:30

also the europa league teams who play on Sunday’s play at 3pm. It should be 14:00 ko or 16:30 (sides can request this also) not 3pm anymore on sunday

also noticed my fixture list in the league is exactly the same in the second half of the season (as per other users post)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Are these games that are kicking at 3pm on the Sunday games that are rearranged from the Saturday and caused by the Euro Cup fixtures? 

Ah they could well be. Just had a flick through and it appears that the teams involved are Europa League participants! My mistake! Thank you though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mynjdusta said:

Not sure if raised: Premier League rules changed this season meaning that the result between the two teams is more important than overall goal difference. 

The current EPL rules in the game imply that's not the case. 

image.png.90fbb88e119e5ff9dd00068f8a2fad22.png

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1262217

Head-to-head records 

If two or more clubs finish level in the table when competing for the title or European qualification, or when relegation is at stake, their records in the head-to-head matches will now be used to separate them.

In previous seasons, teams involved in these specific battles who finished with the same points total, goal difference and number of goals scored would be pitted against each other in a playoff.

But that extra match is now less likely.

In 2019/20 the team who have collected the most points in the head-to-head duels between the sides lying level on points, goal difference and number of goals scored, will take the highest finishing position, while the team with the fewest will take the lowest place.

If clubs still cannot be separated, the team who scored the most goals away from home in the head-to-head matches will get the highest position.

Only if the clubs remain level in the table after this will a playoff be arranged, at a neutral ground, with the format, timing and venue being determined by the Premier League Board.

From your link, it plainly states that the sorting order is points - goal difference - goals scored - head-to-head points - head-to-head away goals - playoff. Alas, the league sorting rules in-game are indeed correct.

(To clarify, it's head-to-head results between those teams who's level on points, gd and gs, meaning points, gd and gs come before head-to-head)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maaka said:

From your link, it plainly states that the sorting order is points - goal difference - goals scored - head-to-head points - head-to-head away goals - playoff. Alas, the league sorting rules in-game are indeed correct.

(To clarify, it's head-to-head results between those teams who's level on points, gd and gs, meaning points, gd and gs come before head-to-head)

I read it as:

Points

Most points between the two teams head-to-head that season

Goal Difference 

Goals Scored

Away goals scored in H2H games

Play off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Qualified for the Euro cup with Aston Villa but there was no option to register any of my players. When I got to the match I could only pick my u18’s and got hammered over two legs. Trolled back through my notifications and there was never any opportunity to register.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mynjdusta said:

I read it as:

Points

Most points between the two teams head-to-head that season

Goal Difference 

Goals Scored

Away goals scored in H2H games

Play off

No, you've read it incorrectly. This is the paragraph you need:

"In 2019/20 the team who have collected the most points in the head-to-head duels between the sides lying level on points, goal difference and number of goals scored, will take the highest finishing position"

Edited by Scotty Walds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mynjdusta said:

I read it as:

Points

Most points between the two teams head-to-head that season

Goal Difference 

Goals Scored

Away goals scored in H2H games

Play off

What Scotty said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there's a glitch with the appeal bid points after the Brexit.
Annotation-2019-11-08-135426.png

For example, if player salary is in top 60% of the top 30 earners at the club, both of these rules are fulfilled, and player will have 5 points.
I guess first rule should be, above 75%.

Same thing with transfer fee.

Edited by pexon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won EPL with Manchester United and my players were given medals. The regulation stated that only players with 5 matches played would get the medal. My Lisandro Martinez was bought in January and only managed to play 4 matches (League) and 7 matches (FA cup and Champions Cup), however he got the medal. It should be corrected so the data used for the medal configuration only uses the league matches where he played, not including the cups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Garput2 said:

I won EPL with Manchester United and my players were given medals. The regulation stated that only players with 5 matches played would get the medal. My Lisandro Martinez was bought in January and only managed to play 4 matches (League) and 7 matches (FA cup and Champions Cup), however he got the medal. It should be corrected so the data used for the medal configuration only uses the league matches where he played, not including the cups.

Hey @Garput2 - Do you have the save game from just before you win the League? Thanks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2019 at 12:29, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @magicmastermind124 - This seems like a proper with the editor file rather then a problem with the game. I've started a new game and the February split is working correctly as it should. 

 

The midweek games not being shown as televised I think is a known issue. 

Again I am making my point regarding the split not being correct in game.

You guys have the split in games scheduled at the start of the season, and this is not the case in real life.  The split is scheduled when the February broadcast picks are made.  Therefore, the game should not be scheduling any games for the 15th of February until December, at which point it should choose 5 matches to be moved from the 8th to the 15th.  PROOF: https://www.premierleague.com/news/1241248 - note the part that states the following:

The split of the matches will be decided when the UK broadcast picks for the month of February 2020 are announced.

The approximate date for this announcement is 13 December 2019. 

image.thumb.png.ac7cdc8596a4773cee2ee1cedbc59730.png

The image above shows the actual Premier League listed fixtures for the 8th of February over at https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures.

Could you please finally acknowledge this as an issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

National League fixtures have a couple of errors.  One at least has been mentioned above.

1. The fixtures in season 1 aren't mapped to the real fixtures. I think generally they have been in previous releases?

2. The season starts a week late.

3. Every season, all clubs play the same team on Boxing Day and New Years Day which isn't happening in the game. Generally these fixtures are against the most local opposition.

4. (This doesn't belong here but I'm in the zone now!) I've had a Barrow home game in August called off for a water logged pitch. Could just be a random, terrible August, fair enough. But I can't recall that ever happening in real life so I raise it just in case you've made water logged pitches too frequent an event in the lower leagues. May not be an issue as I've only seen it once, but August seems a bit bizarre for that kind of rainfall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2019 at 22:52, markconn2000 said:

Qualified for the Euro cup with Aston Villa but there was no option to register any of my players. When I got to the match I could only pick my u18’s and got hammered over two legs. Trolled back through my notifications and there was never any opportunity to register.

Was this the Euro Cup II fixture? We're aware of a problem where the inbox message doesn't get sent for one of the qualifying rounds (where the English side enters).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, magicmastermind124 said:

Again I am making my point regarding the split not being correct in game.

You guys have the split in games scheduled at the start of the season, and this is not the case in real life.  The split is scheduled when the February broadcast picks are made.  Therefore, the game should not be scheduling any games for the 15th of February until December, at which point it should choose 5 matches to be moved from the 8th to the 15th.  PROOF: https://www.premierleague.com/news/1241248 - note the part that states the following:

The split of the matches will be decided when the UK broadcast picks for the month of February 2020 are announced.

The approximate date for this announcement is 13 December 2019. 

image.thumb.png.ac7cdc8596a4773cee2ee1cedbc59730.png

The image above shows the actual Premier League listed fixtures for the 8th of February over at https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures.

Could you please finally acknowledge this as an issue?

It's logged as something we can improve with the winter break. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Levi_501 said:

1. The fixtures in season 1 aren't mapped to the real fixtures. I think generally they have been in previous releases?

We're yet to be sent the official fixtures by the licencor which is the usual process for us to put the fixtures in the game.  

3 hours ago, Levi_501 said:

2. The season starts a week late.

This should be fixed by release. 

 

3 hours ago, Levi_501 said:

3. Every season, all clubs play the same team on Boxing Day and New Years Day which isn't happening in the game. Generally these fixtures are against the most local opposition.

 

This is under review. 

3 hours ago, Levi_501 said:

4. (This doesn't belong here but I'm in the zone now!) I've had a Barrow home game in August called off for a water logged pitch. Could just be a random, terrible August, fair enough. But I can't recall that ever happening in real life so I raise it just in case you've made water logged pitches too frequent an event in the lower leagues. May not be an issue as I've only seen it once, but August seems a bit bizarre for that kind of rainfall.

I'll keep an eye out for this in future games - it could be a one off freak event but it certainly shouldn't happen often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Was this the Euro Cup II fixture? We're aware of a problem where the inbox message doesn't get sent for one of the qualifying rounds (where the English side enters).

Yeah it was...but it doesn’t seem to let me register the players at any stage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terracing in Championship, league 1 and 2 in England is not allowed, this is clearly wrong and effecting the money you get from gate receipts during season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing as a League 2 side and noticed a couple of things I hadn't expected.

1. My transfer deadline was Sept 2 rather than the Premier League deadline in early August (I posted about that earlier).

2. I put two players up for sale in November and they sold immediately to Vanarama National clubs--didn't have to wait until the transfer window came around in January for them to leave the club. Wasn't sure if that was because they were moving to non-league teams or if my save was acting as if no transfer windows was in effect (it should not be).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing as league 2 side Forest Green Rovers, but I cannot play as I do not meet the league registration requirement of 1 player trained for three years at the club under 21. Maybe it is an issue with Forest Green itself, but I cannot imagine that their normal squad doesn't meet this requirement (currently no players are homegrown and trained at club HGC). 
 

edit: I checked the other teams and currently no team is able to meet the registration rules for league 2 mentioned above. 

Edited by Wazakii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

English Premier League fixture issues. I am managing Man Utd and have a premier league game against Liverpool on Saturday 26th December 2020 and a premier league fixture against Man City on Monday 28th December 2020. I am certain you can't play 2 premier league games in a single weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2019 at 18:14, Christopher Lewis said:

Could well just be a bit of a weird coincidence but possibly could be a bug? Does anyone else reading this thread notice this happening? 

Just to add this happened again in my 2nd season 

20191110212250_1.jpg

20191110212255_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, wahid17 said:

English Premier League fixture issues. I am managing Man Utd and have a premier league game against Liverpool on Saturday 26th December 2020 and a premier league fixture against Man City on Monday 28th December 2020. I am certain you can't play 2 premier league games in a single weekend. 

Actually this is correct.  There is always a game played on Boxing Day, which would fall/be observed on the 28th of December 2020 as the 26th is a Saturday.

This last happened in 2009 - see https://footballdatabase.com/league-scores/england-premier-league-2009-10/3 and https://footballdatabase.com/league-scores/england-premier-league-2009-10/4 for proof (some games were moved to the 27th and 29th rather than 26th and 28th).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...