[England] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for England competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for England should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Toffee Apple said:

Whilst in preseason (Altrincham conf north), was told about the trials day, informed that I couldn't attend due to clash of fixture with my match vs trial team 4,  I think it should have stated the friendly I was playing that day rather than trial team 4

That's not a League Specific Issue. You should raise it as a bug in the User Interface section.

11 hours ago, dpt8544 said:

Thanks @dpt8544 - this is logged to be changed. 

10 hours ago, WilliamMiles said:

Villa had a goal against me disallowed by VAR in the carabao cup, there isn't VAR in the carabao cup.

Thanks @WilliamMiles - they seemed to have changed their usage of VAR which didn't get picked up. I've logged this to be changed so VAR isn't used. Many thanks. 

In my save (I holidayed into the future), Everton won the Carabao Cup but didn't get into Europe the next season.
Here's exactly what happened:
Premier League Table:
20191102010323_1.thumb.jpg.b479484a4c88619de87fe781f7a4766b.jpg
In addition to this:
Manchester United won both the Champions League and the FA Cup
Watford won the Europa League (thus qualifying for the Champions League)
Everton won the Carabao Cup

In the next season, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Watford were all (correctly) in the Champions League. Arsenal and Tottenham were given the two Europa League spots and the Europa Conference League spot was vacated.

In reality however, I think that Everton should have been in Europe and Tottenham should not have been. I think this is caused by the fact that the Carabao Cup only qualifies officially for the Europa Conference League. Therefore, when the Europa Conference League spot was vacated (as a result of Watford winning the Europa League but finishing outside the top 4) the game took away Everton's rightful European spot. To be honest, I'm not sure if the game should effectively 'promote' Everton to the Europa League or whether the game should instead vacate the spot in the Europa League. I suspect the former, rather than the latter.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is what would happen IRL in this scenario. I don't know for sure. But it seems unfair that winning the League Cup doesn't get you into Europe for this season because of circumstances out your control.

3 hours ago, dpt8544 said:

In my save (I holidayed into the future), Everton won the Carabao Cup but didn't get into Europe the next season.
Here's exactly what happened:
Premier League Table:
20191102010323_1.thumb.jpg.b479484a4c88619de87fe781f7a4766b.jpg
In addition to this:
Manchester United won both the Champions League and the FA Cup
Watford won the Europa League (thus qualifying for the Champions League)
Everton won the Carabao Cup

In the next season, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Watford were all (correctly) in the Champions League. Arsenal and Tottenham were given the two Europa League spots and the Europa Conference League spot was vacated.

In reality however, I think that Everton should have been in Europe and Tottenham should not have been. I think this is caused by the fact that the Carabao Cup only qualifies officially for the Europa Conference League. Therefore, when the Europa Conference League spot was vacated (as a result of Watford winning the Europa League but finishing outside the top 4) the game took away Everton's rightful European spot. To be honest, I'm not sure if the game should effectively 'promote' Everton to the Europa League or whether the game should instead vacate the spot in the Europa League. I suspect the former, rather than the latter.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is what would happen IRL in this scenario. I don't know for sure. But it seems unfair that winning the League Cup doesn't get you into Europe for this season because of circumstances out your control.

Thanks for raising this, you're right that this is incorrect - it is under review internally and been investigated. On the first level that the Carabao Cup winner doesn't qualify for Europe in this scenario, but also that the Europa Conference spot is vacated (it should be a Europa League spot that gets vacated to accommodate for the extra CL spot).

The First half of the premier league is the exact same as the second half (as in fixtures up to january and after january)

In real life its random so I believe this should be changed so you dont have to deal with the same fixture after eachother over and over

For example my first 3 games of the season were again Chelsea, Liverpool and wolves as Tottenham. The first 3 games after the 1st of January are the exact same in the exact same order

Edited by OH MOUSSA SISSOKO

I've got another potential issue with European qualification. I'm not 100% sure if this is correct or not.
So this was the league table:
20191102150213_1.thumb.jpg.c3fb2d7b5c73253151781ac5389d83e0.jpg

In addition to this:
Manchester United won the Champions League and the Carabao Cup
Manchester City won the FA Cup
Arsenal won the Europa Conference League (3rd tier competition)

In the next season, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham were all correctly in the Champions League. Then, Liverpool, Watford and Arsenal were all in the Europa League, and there was no participant in the Europa Conference League. I know that the winners of the Europa Conference League should qualify for the following season's Europa League, therefore Arsenal should definitely be where they are. However, I believe that Watford should have been made to play in the Europa Conference League instead of the Europa League. Can a top ranked nation really have 3 participants in the Europa League in the new format?

Good morning, 

My issue is an FA Cup 1st Round replay. This was complicated by the fact that three of my first team players were out for international duty, which gave me the option to postpone, which I did. However, it then rescheduled the replay (27/11) to just three days before the second round (30/11). I have no idea if that would be the protocol, to be honest, but it seemed a little unlikely so I thought I would flag in case it is something that needs to be fixed.

2st-Replay-FA-Cup.png

There appears to be an issue with the Premier League fixtures.  I have a file that enables real-life fixtures.  Currently, the mid-season player break isn't properly scheduled until the February broadcast picks are made.  That means all matches are currently scheduled for the 8th of February.  Once the matches are selected for live TV, the league will select 5 matches to be played on the weekend of the 15th of February.

In game, this is scheduled at the beginning of the season, which is incorrect.  As my file uses real fixtures, the game doesn't reschedule them as per the mid-season player break.  Besides, the game should only really be rescheduling these around December.

I've attached my save game which uses the real fixtures.  In it, you can see that one match was played on the 15th of February, but the remaining 9 were played on the 8th of February as the game doesn't reschedule these along with the broadcast picks.

EDIT: In addition, the December midweek games are not all televised as they are in real life on Amazon Prime.  The Boxing Day matches do get televised, so this is correct.  I am checking to see if this only occurs due to real fixtures being used.

G-SAV-002.fm

I have seen something wrong with the Stadium Rules.

Championship, League One and Two should have terracing allowed as per in real life, Yet it does not and it only shows the seated capacity when you go view the team's stadiums.

Here is the evidence.

I hope SI Fix the issue

FM Bug.PNG

9 hours ago, cwells2000 said:

Championship, League One and Two should have terracing allowed as per in real life, Yet it does not and it only shows the seated capacity when you go view the team's stadiums.

Here is the evidence.

I hope SI Fix the issue

FM Bug.PNG

You are looking at the rules for the Championship - I've checked League One and Two this morning and they say "Terracing is permitted in stadiums".

Terracing is only allowed in the Championship for the first 3 seasons after you are promoted into it.

3 hours ago, Makeismies said:

on my online save, it says that theres only on team getting relegated from league two. Should that be atleast two teams relegated? Vanarama national says 2 getting promoted. 

This is correct.  Normally, 4 teams are relegated from League One and Two from League Two.  This is due to Bury's expulsion from the EFL and is required to ensure that there are 24 teams in the Championship, League One and League Two in 2020-21.

I'm playing as Chorley in the Conference and I've won by FA cup qualifying round, but then I've not been entered into the first round of the FA cup. I'm in the tree, but I'm against "Unknown Team" and my qualifying round game says the same thing. No 1st round fixture is showing up in my fixture list either. 

So just by pure luck or something, Manchester United and Liverpool had the exact same GD and points however Liverpool won? Im not sure about the official rules but I thought there was suppose to be a play off if a rare case scenario like this happens. Its unfair if its determined by alphabetical order!

Season-1b561222f9ea60cc8.png  

Stadium issues with the football league.

Reckons that terracing is not permitted in champ, league 1 and 2 when it actually is.

this has been affecting my attendances at games (Bristol rovers) as they only have 2,750 seats but hold 12,500 (only getting 2.75k attendances). Therefore also affecting my finances. 

Once this has changed will it change on my current save? Already started my usual Bristol Rovers save.

2 hours ago, Sakke said:

So just by pure luck or something, Manchester United and Liverpool had the exact same GD and points however Liverpool won? Im not sure about the official rules but I thought there was suppose to be a play off if a rare case scenario like this happens. Its unfair if its determined by alphabetical order!

Have you checked the Goals Scored? That's the next tie-breaker. If that's also level then the matches between the teams are considered before there's a play-off.

On 03/11/2019 at 10:26, cwells2000 said:

Here is the evidence.

I hope SI Fix the issue

FM Bug.PNG

I am seeing the same thing, which is causing issues with team finances.

Summary:  Possibly unusual fixture congestion in English Premier League 

Description of Issue: Just noticed league games on 19/10, 21/10 and 25/10. Just looking at Villas fixtures, there wasn't anything like this. I know it can be congested around bank holidays/christmas/new year but seems unusual for the end of october. 

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Matthew Bye - Aston Villa.fm

Version: 20.0.2-1305244 (m.e v2000)

20191104003950_1.jpg

15 hours ago, danielshep said:

Stadium issues with the football league.

Reckons that terracing is not permitted in champ, league 1 and 2 when it actually is.

this has been affecting my attendances at games (Bristol rovers) as they only have 2,750 seats but hold 12,500 (only getting 2.75k attendances). Therefore also affecting my finances. 

Once this has changed will it change on my current save? Already started my usual Bristol Rovers save.

On 03/11/2019 at 00:26, cwells2000 said:

Here is the evidence.

I hope SI Fix the issue

FM Bug.PNG

Thanks for raising this guys. Not sure how this rule banning terracing got added back in as I can't see this anywhere in our system, but will get this rule changed back. 

On 02/11/2019 at 10:23, Tiergarten said:

Good morning, 

My issue is an FA Cup 1st Round replay. This was complicated by the fact that three of my first team players were out for international duty, which gave me the option to postpone, which I did. However, it then rescheduled the replay (27/11) to just three days before the second round (30/11). I have no idea if that would be the protocol, to be honest, but it seemed a little unlikely so I thought I would flag in case it is something that needs to be fixed.

2st-Replay-FA-Cup.png

That does seem a little bit close on time. Looking at the fixtures there is probably a midweek space this game where it could be played. Could Tranmere have played the week before also? 

21 hours ago, omegamichael said:

I'm playing as Chorley in the Conference and I've won by FA cup qualifying round, but then I've not been entered into the first round of the FA cup. I'm in the tree, but I'm against "Unknown Team" and my qualifying round game says the same thing. No 1st round fixture is showing up in my fixture list either. 

Do you have the save game with this happening? If you do, could you upload this to the cloud service? Might have been a case that the draw hasn't happened yet or that the opposition is yet to be decided via a replay. 

On 01/11/2019 at 17:44, OH MOUSSA SISSOKO said:

The First half of the premier league is the exact same as the second half (as in fixtures up to january and after january)

In real life its random so I believe this should be changed so you dont have to deal with the same fixture after eachother over and over

For example my first 3 games of the season were again Chelsea, Liverpool and wolves as Tottenham. The first 3 games after the 1st of January are the exact same in the exact same order

This doesn't seem right. In my new save I didn't get teams with the set 1,2,3 1,2,3 pattern. Could you upload the save to the cloud server? Thanks. 

On 02/11/2019 at 16:06, magicmastermind124 said:

There appears to be an issue with the Premier League fixtures.  I have a file that enables real-life fixtures.  Currently, the mid-season player break isn't properly scheduled until the February broadcast picks are made.  That means all matches are currently scheduled for the 8th of February.  Once the matches are selected for live TV, the league will select 5 matches to be played on the weekend of the 15th of February.

In game, this is scheduled at the beginning of the season, which is incorrect.  As my file uses real fixtures, the game doesn't reschedule them as per the mid-season player break.  Besides, the game should only really be rescheduling these around December.

I've attached my save game which uses the real fixtures.  In it, you can see that one match was played on the 15th of February, but the remaining 9 were played on the 8th of February as the game doesn't reschedule these along with the broadcast picks.

EDIT: In addition, the December midweek games are not all televised as they are in real life on Amazon Prime.  The Boxing Day matches do get televised, so this is correct.  I am checking to see if this only occurs due to real fixtures being used.

G-SAV-002.fm 157.21 MB · 0 downloads

Hey @magicmastermind124 - This seems like a proper with the editor file rather then a problem with the game. I've started a new game and the February split is working correctly as it should. 

The midweek games not being shown as televised I think is a known issue. 

I think AI Liverpool might be a bit too strong at the moment, they just went through a season unbeaten in ALL competitions for a sextuple. Pretty crazy and don't think it would ever happen in top level football.

rjijRZE.jpg

wbXKSyO.jpg

PMaujhO.jpg

In Premier League there seems to be a 3 week break in November between fixtures, game 11 being played on 2nd November and game 12 on 23rd November. Whilst there is an international break on the 16th November there should be a set of fixtures on 9th November. The fixture which should be on the 9th November seems to be arranged for the 14th January.

Not 100% on this one but worth a mention.

Asked to submit premier league squad list twice. Once when the premier league window shuts on the ~ 8th Aug , then once more on the 3rd Sept after the international window closes. I cant remove anyone but can add players if there is space.

E.g. I initially submitted a 25 man squad, leaving out Player X. In between the deadlines I sold Player Y, then could add player X to the squad at the 3rd sept deadline.

Related to the post a few posts above i've also seen a team have a game played in that early Nov slot that should've been played after the first round of the Europa League groups stage.

2061603674_Watfordfixtureglitch.thumb.png.903b94e821ddec6725474cdfcd92840c.png

This is in season 2 and in this case on my save Watford finished 7th last season and qualified for Europa League, and they should've played West Ham between the Standard Liege and Preston games, however for some reason that game was moved to the weekend of 8th November, where it was the sole Premier League game that week. Every other team bar Watford/West Ham have a 3 week break between end of October and the weekend of November 21st/22nd which shouldn't be happening either. I assume this would be a recurring issue as I get further and further into the save?

6 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @magicmastermind124 - This seems like a proper with the editor file rather then a problem with the game. I've started a new game and the February split is working correctly as it should. 

The midweek games not being shown as televised I think is a known issue. 

But even without the file, the split is not simulated as it is IRL.  If you were to take a look at the Premier League fixtures for the 8th of February right now, you will see that there are 10 games scheduled for it.  They are only split when the broadcast picks are made for the month of February, which is yet to happen.

Therefore these should not be split at the start of the season, and should be moved much like games are moved for broadcast picks.

I hope that I have made my point clearer this time. :) 

Not sure if this is the right place, or even if this is even a bug?

But I have only been given one day rest after my 3rd premier league game vs wolves before playing in the 2nd round of the league cup vs watford, is that normal?

image.thumb.png.9ddd05c00636836a49465ecf440ee428.png

Edited by CookieFM
8 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

That does seem a little bit close on time. Looking at the fixtures there is probably a midweek space this game where it could be played. Could Tranmere have played the week before also? 

So this is the schedule for Woking (the replay was vs Woking; 2nd round vs Tranmere) in November. The international game the replay was postponed for was on the 19th. I noticed the first round is a midweek game in this game, while in real life the FA Cup First Round is taking up a weekend game. Could that be causing the congestion?  

Woking.png

On 03/11/2019 at 19:53, Sakke said:

New sorting rules this season - points, goal difference, goals scored then head-to-head points, and finally head-to-head away goals.

On 04/11/2019 at 06:29, BuffaloPhil said:

Have you checked the Goals Scored? That's the next tie-breaker. If that's also level then the matches between the teams are considered before there's a play-off.

ahhh, right! didnt know there was more tie breakers. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

New sorting rules this season - points, goal difference, goals scored then head-to-head points, and finally head-to-head away goals.

I learnt something new today, thank you!