Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Holland] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Holland competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Holland should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

There are some issues with the Dutch Cup.

The cup starts too early, in real life the second preliminary round didn't start until September, but in-game it starts in August. In real life the first preliminary round, which is understandably not in the game, is played in August instead.
In fact, every round, except the final, is played too early.

And the second issue is that clubs that qualify for an European group stage (CL or EL) enter the tournament in the second round, instead of the first round like every other Eredivisie and KKD club. Clubs that don't qualify for a group stage, ex. FC Utrecht in real life, still have to enter the tournament in the first round. In-game they all start in the first round. May be very difficult to implement, though.

https://www.totoknvbbeker.nl/over-de-beker/opzet-toto-knvb-beker

14 hours ago, Zek said:

The cup starts too early, in real life the second preliminary round didn't start until September, but in-game it starts in August. In real life the first preliminary round, which is understandably not in the game, is played in August instead.
In fact, every round, except the final, is played too early.

Thanks for spotting this. We should be able to change the schedule slightly to get them played at the correct point. 

15 hours ago, Zek said:

And the second issue is that clubs that qualify for an European group stage (CL or EL) enter the tournament in the second round, instead of the first round like every other Eredivisie and KKD club. Clubs that don't qualify for a group stage, ex. FC Utrecht in real life, still have to enter the tournament in the first round. In-game they all start in the first round. May be very difficult to implement, though.

This could be more difficult for the coding team to implement. But I imagine it should be doable, or maybe we use a compromise and say that any team in Europe goes straight into the second round. In either case, we're reviewing what we can do with this. 

1 hour ago, barrybatsbak said:

In my first season the Dutch Super Cup is between Ajax and Feyenoord, but in real life Ajax played against PSV.

https://www.knvb.nl/nieuws/betaald-voetbal/johan-cruijff-schaal/56617/ajax-winnaar-van-de-johan-cruijff-schaal-2019

edit: i attached a link

Thanks @barrybatsbak - this is something that is caused by data being missing. Should be corrected for the full release. Appreciate you raising this. 

The Eredivisie plays matches on friday. In my game(Touch) clubs like Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, FC Utrecht and AZ did not play on friday in season 1. RKC Waalwijk will play 15!! matches on friday, Sparta, FC Emmen and VVV-Venlo had also more than 5 games on friday. I think it must be more spread.

Unlike previous years, the 'real' fixture list for Eredivisie and Keuken Kampioen Divisie is missing. I always enjoy this real life aspect. Could you please fix this?

On 02/11/2019 at 15:26, fbraamhaar said:

Unlike previous years, the 'real' fixture list for Eredivisie and Keuken Kampioen Divisie is missing. I always enjoy this real life aspect. Could you please fix this?

We haven't been sent the official fixtures for the Eredivisie as of today. But this could change between now and release as we continue to work with them. 

On 01/11/2019 at 23:21, mmmufc said:

The Eredivisie plays matches on friday. In my game(Touch) clubs like Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, FC Utrecht and AZ did not play on friday in season 1. RKC Waalwijk will play 15!! matches on friday, Sparta, FC Emmen and VVV-Venlo had also more than 5 games on friday. I think it must be more spread.

This seems really excessive for them. Could potentially be impacted by those sides appearing in the European Competition but that's still way too many for one team on a Friday. Could you upload the save to the cloud server so we can investigate in full. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

This seems really excessive for them. Could potentially be impacted by those sides appearing in the European Competition but that's still way too many for one team on a Friday. Could you upload the save to the cloud server so we can investigate in full. Thanks. 

Uploaded as "Fridays - PSV.fmt"

In 1st season RKC Waalwijk played 15 times on Friday. In season 2 TOP Oss plays 14 times on friday.

17 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

We haven't been sent the official fixtures for the Eredivisie as of today. But this could change between now and release as we continue to work with them. 

Thanks for your response.

On 04/11/2019 at 18:24, mmmufc said:

Uploaded as "Fridays - PSV.fmt"

In 1st season RKC Waalwijk played 15 times on Friday. In season 2 TOP Oss plays 14 times on friday.

Thanks for this - it's under review. 

In the scheduling for the 2nd Dutch league, Keukenkampioen divisie, there are some weird schedulings of games. Playing 1 game on Saturday and the next on Monday which is against the rules of the Dutch FA which states there needs to be at least 2 full rest days between matches. This game is against the 2nd team of Ajax which could be the cause of this issue.

image.thumb.png.6db55eff10fa6713d8d3345592602d76.png

On 10/11/2019 at 11:57, pipodeclown said:

In the scheduling for the 2nd Dutch league, Keukenkampioen divisie, there are some weird schedulings of games. Playing 1 game on Saturday and the next on Monday which is against the rules of the Dutch FA which states there needs to be at least 2 full rest days between matches. This game is against the 2nd team of Ajax which could be the cause of this issue.

image.thumb.png.6db55eff10fa6713d8d3345592602d76.png

Hey @pipodeclown - Can you upload the save game with this fixture in? Thanks. 

14 hours ago, pipodeclown said:

It has been uploaded, Jim G - FC Eindhoven 111

Thanks - looking at this issue it seems it is caused by the league scheduling match days on both the 24th and 26th for all teams. It's under review. 

When you play Willem 2 - AJAX in the Dutch league, they both play with the home shirts. Ajax should be playing in the away kit. 

exhibition games can only be played from 1 July in all countries.
 while most clubs have exercise programs around June 20 this can be adjusted. 
now some clubs have fewer options for playing more practice matches

I miss the teams from the Dutch Hoofdklasse (and ''Eerste Klasse'') in the qualification round of the Dutch Cup. (Unknown) Dutch Lower league teams play for those teams. Can that be solved?

Edited by Pa+rick

16 hours ago, ^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated said:

still not fixed:

In 2019/20, the clubs that are active in the group stage of a European club tournament (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, AZ) are exempt from the First Round of the KNVB beker.

A fix for this has not been implemented yet but is something we're aware of. 

Every team in the dutch league have two matches against the same team on the same date. On 30-10-2019.

A97439EE-43AB-4390-98C2-90F0D0D5395B.jpeg

Hello there,

I'm already in mid august of my second season, but the season won't start. Is there something I can do about it? Or is my save game gone?

Naamdfdfdfdloos.png

On 01/12/2019 at 20:09, Karakter said:

Hello there,

I'm already in mid august of my second season, but the season won't start. Is there something I can do about it? Or is my save game gone?

Naamdfdfdfdloos.png

What's the earliest save game that you have available? Thanks. 

Please fix:

When Ajax has an Champions league match on Wednesday, they play the match before in the national league on saturday evening, so they have 3 days rest.

When Ajax has an Champions league match on Tuesday, they play the match before in the national league on Friday evening, so they have 3 days rest.

This was determined by tha national football association to give the dutch teams an "advantage" in Europe-matches.

In the game I have only 2 days rest between competition and CL.

On 06/12/2019 at 10:07, ^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated said:

Please fix:

When Ajax has an Champions league match on Wednesday, they play the match before in the national league on saturday evening, so they have 3 days rest.

When Ajax has an Champions league match on Tuesday, they play the match before in the national league on Friday evening, so they have 3 days rest.

This was determined by tha national football association to give the dutch teams an "advantage" in Europe-matches.

In the game I have only 2 days rest between competition and CL.

There's an outstanding bug to increase the gaps between fixtures in the Holland fixture calendar. It is with a coder I believe. 

I'm sorry for the late respons. I fixed it myself: I downloaded a database. After deleting the database, everything worked again. However, I had to go on holiday for one season.

16 hours ago, ^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated said:

How is this possible? 2 records for the same season and team? Shouldn't these be joint? I thought i had him play one ore two matches for the first team but don't know for sure. Cloudsave KennethTaylor11122019

image.thumb.png.2fe61a505dc554807666cfd7521581cb.png

They should probably be joint I would have thought. It is under review. 

Don't know if the following is a general bug or a league specific bug due the competition settings in FM20, but it's wrong either way.

Ajax (in real life) has an affiliation with Sparta Rotterdam. This affiliation is missing at the moment, but i asked reddiablo to add this for next winterupdate. In the meanwhile I added the affiliation myself. Then I noticed the following:

I made Sparta an normal affiliation club in the database-editor, but I didn't check the box "Cannot play in same division"  as Sparta also plays in the Eredivisie. See image below.

But when I look ingame it says: "Playing in the same division will terminate the link between Ajax and Sparta". See second image below. This isn't correct. Request for change.

image.thumb.png.a11255e46f1e22476f87635fb9610242.pngimage.thumb.png.e1a9332cd876cf6ead03c18e6d7d7ee3.png

On 25/12/2019 at 09:53, ^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated said:

Don't know if the following is a general bug or a league specific bug due the competition settings in FM20, but it's wrong either way.

Ajax (in real life) has an affiliation with Sparta Rotterdam. This affiliation is missing at the moment, but i asked reddiablo to add this for next winterupdate. In the meanwhile I added the affiliation myself. Then I noticed the following:

I made Sparta an normal affiliation club in the database-editor, but I didn't check the box "Cannot play in same division"  as Sparta also plays in the Eredivisie. See image below.

But when I look ingame it says: "Playing in the same division will terminate the link between Ajax and Sparta". See second image below. This isn't correct. Request for change.

image.thumb.png.a11255e46f1e22476f87635fb9610242.pngimage.thumb.png.e1a9332cd876cf6ead03c18e6d7d7ee3.png

Thanks for this - I'll investigate this. 

While the game starts off with multiple Jong (B) teams in the Dutch 2nd division (eerste / keuken kampioen) such as Jong Ajax, Jong PSV and Jong AZ once those teams are relegated from the 2nd division they are never promoted back into the Dutch 2nd division. I've simulated over 100 seasons and no Jong team ever promotes into the Dutch 2nd division. Is this a bug or how the Dutch league is supposed to be structured?

1 hour ago, eneste said:

While the game starts off with multiple Jong (B) teams in the Dutch 2nd division (eerste / keuken kampioen) such as Jong Ajax, Jong PSV and Jong AZ once those teams are relegated from the 2nd division they are never promoted back into the Dutch 2nd division. I've simulated over 100 seasons and no Jong team ever promotes into the Dutch 2nd division. Is this a bug or how the Dutch league is supposed to be structured?

I believed no one can relegate from the Eerste divisie (Keuken Kampioen Divisie) this and next year. The knvb has frozen this. From season 2021/22 there will be a promotion/relegation rule. Even the Jong teams can then  relegate to the Tweede divisie. This Tweede divisie will be the Under 21 beloftencompetitie. This new beloftencompetitie will start from season 2020/21.

I could be wrong, but this is what I found. Source: https://vi.nl/nieuws/knvb-lanceert-nieuwe-beloftencompetitie

3 hours ago, ^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated said:

I believed no one can relegate from the Eerste divisie (Keuken Kampioen Divisie) this and next year. The knvb has frozen this. From season 2021/22 there will be a promotion/relegation rule. Even the Jong teams can then  relegate to the Tweede divisie. This Tweede divisie will be the Under 21 beloftencompetitie. This new beloftencompetitie will start from season 2020/21.

I could be wrong, but this is what I found. Source: https://vi.nl/nieuws/knvb-lanceert-nieuwe-beloftencompetitie

You are right but I'm talking about after relegation starts in the Eerste divisie. I've run a few simulations of 100+ years and have never seen a Jong (B) team promote from the Tweede divisie. Only smaller, local first team clubs. The Jong teams that start in the Eerste divisie usually relegate to the Tweede divisie within 10 years and never come back up to the Eerste divisie.

7 hours ago, eneste said:

You are right but I'm talking about after relegation starts in the Eerste divisie. I've run a few simulations of 100+ years and have never seen a Jong (B) team promote from the Tweede divisie. Only smaller, local first team clubs. The Jong teams that start in the Eerste divisie usually relegate to the Tweede divisie within 10 years and never come back up to the Eerste divisie.

That's indeed strange.

I think I provided wrong info also. The new beloftencompetitie (U21) that will be introduced upcoming season is placed under de Tweede divisie. A (Jong) team can promote from beloftencompetitie to Tweede divisie from season 2021/22.

Aan de Onder 21-competitie mogen overigens ook amateurclubs deelnemen die met hun huidige Onder 19 in de Tweede Divisie of hoger spelen. Clubs die daarvoor niet in aanmerking komen maar met hun eerste elftal wel in de Tweede of Derde Divisie spelen, komt een nieuwe Onder 23-competitie.

In de bondsvergadering werd ook besloten dat amateurclubs nog eens drie seizoenen, dus tot en met seizoen 2022/2023, niet verplicht hoeven te promoveren naar de Eerste Divisie. Daarnaast zullen vanaf komend seizoen geen Jong-teams meer spelen in de Derde Divisie. In de Eerste Divisie blijven 4 beloftenteams actief, in de Tweede Divisie 2.

Source: https://www.voetbal247.nl/bondsvergadering-knvb-opent-piramide-voor-beloftencompetitie-geen-jong-teams-meer-in-derde-divisie/

Edited by ^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated

On 30/12/2019 at 01:15, eneste said:

This is a interesting bug - taking a look now to see if this reproduces for me. 

Hello there,

I don't know if I'm posting in the right topic.

I've been playing in the Dutch league for a number of seasons, but after one working season the game doesn't create a league schedule. I then have to go on vacation for a year to get another league schedule. I've seen it happen to multiple players, so I hope you understand what I mean.

Can anyone help me with this bug?

Thank's in advance

Posted (edited)

Jong Ajax has won the "eerste divisie" (today called "Keuken Kampioen Divisie") in season 2017/18 and they were runner up in season 2016/17.

This history can't been seen anywhere on the club info screen of Ajax or Jong Ajax. Jong Ajax should have his own history-screen, own records, etcetera.

Jong Ajax should therefore be a "seperate" team like "Barcelona B" in FM20 for instance who has it's own history.   Jong Ajax in relation to the first team is exactly the same structure as Barcelona B has in realtion to the first team. Jong Ajax also can't promote or play in national cup just like Barcelona B. Barcelona B also doesn't have it's own transfer budget as it comes from one total Barcelona-transferbudget.

Please look into this to have a more consistent lay-out of clubstructures.

Edited by ^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated

13 hours ago, ^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated said:

Jong Ajax should therefore be a "seperate" team like "Barcelona B" in FM20 for instance who has it's own history.   Jong Ajax in relation to the first team is exactly the same structure as Barcelona B has in realtion to the first team. Jong Ajax also can't promote or play in national cup just like Barcelona B. Barcelona B also doesn't have it's own transfer budget as it comes from one total Barcelona-transferbudget.

I agree that it's an issue. I wonder if how the Jong teams are structured has something to do with why Jong teams are not getting promoted to the eerste divisie? Spanish B teams and German B teams have no problems promoting to their respective lowest playable divisions. German B teams are their own instance as well, like Barcelona and other Spanish teams. Jong teams seem structured like the English reserve teams that cannot join the primary leagues.

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 14:40, ^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated said:

Jong Ajax has won the "eerste divisie" (today called "Keuken Kampioen Divisie") in season 2017/18 and they were runner up in season 2016/17.

This history can't been seen anywhere on the club info screen of Ajax or Jong Ajax. Jong Ajax should have his own history-screen, own records, etcetera.

We're always looking into ways to improve B Teams. The point you raise about the histories is a good one though. Thanks. 

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 14:32, Karakter said:

Hello there,

I don't know if I'm posting in the right topic.

I've been playing in the Dutch league for a number of seasons, but after one working season the game doesn't create a league schedule. I then have to go on vacation for a year to get another league schedule. I've seen it happen to multiple players, so I hope you understand what I mean.

Can anyone help me with this bug?

Thank's in advance

Hey - Do you have the save game from before the last game of the season in the year before the season doesn't update? Thanks. 

On 06/01/2020 at 16:24, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey - Do you have the save game from before the last game of the season in the year before the season doesn't update? Thanks. 

Unfortunately, no more. I still have a save game from a few seasons ago during the winter break, but then the error has already occurred. Can you do something with that?

Go Ahead Eagles is in te news because they are close to breaking an old record. Therfore I came across some Go Ahead Eagles records: Most matches without losing. I always assume this is a record that may exceeds a season and therefore has not to be set in one season. But to be sure I posted them all so you can pick the right one.   https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=365966

https://www.niettekraken.nl/hoe-zit-het-nu-met-het-record/

All consecutive official matches without losing exceeding a season:

Aantal laatste nederlaag eerste van de serie laatste van de serie eerste nederlaag nog te gaan om te evenaren resp. te breken
25 02-12-1923

SC Enschede-GA

4-3

09-12-1923

GA-ZAC

0-0

22-02-1925

ZAC-GA

1-2

01-03-1925

HBS-GA

4-2

7 resp. 8

All consecutive official matches without losing in a season:

Aantal laatste nederlaag eerste van de serie laatste van de serie eerste nederlaag  
19 16-09-1917

Vitesse-GA

3-2

23-09-1917

Go Ahead-PW

2-1

14-04-1918

Be Quick-GA

0-2

28-04-1918

GA-Willem II

0-1

Consecutive league matches without losing exceeding one season

Aantal laatste nederlaag eerste van de serie laatste van de serie eerste nederlaag
28 20-11-1921

Be Quick-GA

2-1

27-11-1921

GA-Heracles

3-0

08-04-1923

Ensch. Boys-GA

1-2

16-09-1923

Hengelo-GA

1-0

Consecutive league matches without losing in one season: 

18 ----- 17-09-1922

GA-Ensch. Boys

4-0

08-04-1923

Ensch. Boys-GA

1-2

-----

The Dutch FA cancels any new attempted loans for players over 22 to foreign clubs when I have over 7 loans. Except they also do this for a player under this age, just happened to me.

I'd attach my savegame but I can't attach files larger than 10 MB. For some reason my savegame is 390MB.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/bdb817adf8ae3f9351f82a8353d81c4520200114211758/8e09b24a4b29f2d1fe56ebcbe6abbf3a20200114211758/8aecdb

Multiple questions

1. Is this a bug?

2. How do I remove this from my present save? I'm quite invested now and I'd hate for loans to be ruined.

3. Where does this rule come from and why is it implemented? I never heard of it