Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Iceland] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Iceland competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Iceland should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

There are two things I've seen so far. 

1) There are just 5 subs in-game for First Divison - it should be 7

2) Trialist are allowed to play league games which is not possible in real life.

1 hour ago, eikig said:

There are two things I've seen so far. 

1) There are just 5 subs in-game for First Divison - it should be 7

2) Trialist are allowed to play league games which is not possible in real life.

Thanks @eikig - I've asked for confirmation from the Head Researcher on these changes before we make them, but they seem reasonable. 

On 01/11/2019 at 16:28, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks @eikig - I've asked for confirmation from the Head Researcher on these changes before we make them, but they seem reasonable. 

They are reasonable. Skipped by me unfortunately. I thought this was already fixed :/

Takk! @eikig

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 03:48, thorvaldsson said:

They are reasonable. Skipped by me unfortunately. I thought this was already fixed :/

Takk! @eikig

I'm not sure why it skipped you I thought I set it to needs some guidance. But as long as it's reasonable it's all good. 

Hi! I was wondering what is up with the U19 teams in Iceland. I see that most youth clubs are merged, and in order to call a player up from U19 you need to offer them a contract. Is this accurate at all? After you have signed them to a contract, you can no longer send them back to the U19 team unless you offer them a loan (They auto-accept the loan, but you're not allowed to call them back to the first team within the first 30 days). This seems weird and it's a huge advantage to teams like FH who don't have a merged youth team as they can move their players freely like in any other league. I can't seem to find any info online about this, so maybe your researchers could help me understand? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also curious about the compensation you pay to sign the youth players. 6k (potentially 16k) USD per player is a lot of money for some of these clubs. Again, teams like FH don't need to pay at all. Teams with merged youth teams also show expenses in "youth setup" on top of this, despite not directly having a youth team. Seems a bit strange.

Edited by m.braathen

On 22/02/2020 at 20:46, m.braathen said:

Hi! I was wondering what is up with the U19 teams in Iceland. I see that most youth clubs are merged, and in order to call a player up from U19 you need to offer them a contract. Is this accurate at all? After you have signed them to a contract, you can no longer send them back to the U19 team unless you offer them a loan (They auto-accept the loan, but you're not allowed to call them back to the first team within the first 30 days). This seems weird and it's a huge advantage to teams like FH who don't have a merged youth team as they can move their players freely like in any other league. I can't seem to find any info online about this, so maybe your researchers could help me understand? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also curious about the compensation you pay to sign the youth players. 6k (potentially 16k) USD per player is a lot of money for some of these clubs. Again, teams like FH don't need to pay at all. Teams with merged youth teams also show expenses in "youth setup" on top of this, despite not directly having a youth team. Seems a bit strange.

So the merged youth teams is accurate to real life, however the behaviour as outlined above is not entirely accurate but more of a 'closest representation' given that shared youth teams aren't represented in game. The problem is that in terms of the game mechanics youth teams are automatically set up as a sub-team of the senior club usually - however it is not possible with the current setup of the game to have a youth team shared in this way between two teams. So the best that can be done is to have the youth team as a separate entity entirely independent of their 'senior' clubs but linked by a permanent affiliation currently. I should say there is a Feature Request logged to represent these teams better in the system.

I think (though must stress am not certain) that youth compensation is universally set by Fifa/continental confederations. To clarify though, are these fees being spent when you sign players from shared youth teams?

Thank you for the reply! That clarifies a lot. 

As for the compensation, what I meant was if I manage for example Grindavik (who shares a youth team with other clubs), I would have to pay a compensation to call up a player "contracted" to the youth team... Then I realized this only happens because I had "add players to playable teams" checked. If I uncheck the option, the youth teams are actually empty and the first teams decide who to move down on "loan". This makes more sense, so you can disregard what I said about compensations. :)

The first teams also take care of youth intake, the youth teams don't add any players during that period.

Overall, while it's not a perfect implementation (which is understandable!), it's more realistic than I thought. The only issues are that you have to wait 30 days to call a player up again after moving him to the U19 team, and that you can't set first team players as available to play for the U19. Then again, I have no clue what the rules are in real life. 

Edited by m.braathen