Sports Interactive Community
Dan Ormsby

[Scotland] (Official) League Specific Issues

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 21:09, Yer Maw said:

I think the Challenge or Caramel Wafer cup needs amended on one small part.

In game a Reserve/Colt team is allowed a maximum of players over 21. When the format allows a maximum of a maximum of 2 over age players

Link to rules (See point 7.5):-
https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/Challenge Cup Regulations 2019-20.pdf 

This is not an issue in out latest internal builds, such teams are allowed 2 overage players.

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 01:05, StevehFC said:

We've had these issues before mate and SI ignore it . 

We haven't ignored it, it's just we have lots of issues to deal with and a priority system.  I've organised a solution to this now.  Unfortunately due to the way pre-season scheduling is set up, it was too risky to make any changes in this area for the next major update.  However, we have now made a change to make it possible to cancel a training camp and/or individual or all fixtures within the training camp.  So if you don't like your pre-arranged training camp, you can get rid of it from an inbox item at game start and organise an alternative schedule. This should be available when the next major update is out.

Summary: Dundee and Dundee United's stadiums are both on same street so shouldn't play home games at the same time

Description of Issue: Dundee and Dundee United both had a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup tie scheduled at home at the same time.

Steps to Reproduce: We were in a multiplayer game with one player on Dundee and one on Dundee United

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Me and Alan G (v02).fm

Played last night so latest FM version so 20.2.4?

On 05/02/2020 at 15:07, Dan Ormsby said:

We haven't ignored it, it's just we have lots of issues to deal with and a priority system.  I've organised a solution to this now.  Unfortunately due to the way pre-season scheduling is set up, it was too risky to make any changes in this area for the next major update.  However, we have now made a change to make it possible to cancel a training camp and/or individual or all fixtures within the training camp.  So if you don't like your pre-arranged training camp, you can get rid of it from an inbox item at game start and organise an alternative schedule. This should be available when the next major update is out.

Thanks for this, if you cannot change them at least we can change the games within the camp, which in a way is a work around, cheers. Playing Barca, Valencia and Real Madrid pre season does nothing for team morale.

Playing as Dundee United. Every time we play Aberdeen at home, Aberdeen play in Red and United in the White away strip. Surely United should stay in home colours and Aberdeen switch to away?

14 hours ago, alan_darkside said:

Playing as Dundee United. Every time we play Aberdeen at home, Aberdeen play in Red and United in the White away strip. Surely United should stay in home colours and Aberdeen switch to away?

Think this is an issue for our match team.  Not for us, anyway.  Post here please https://community.sigames.com/forum/739-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

On 05/02/2020 at 15:07, Dan Ormsby said:

Fired up a new game with the new update, good to see I can now get rid of the raining camp in game, cheers for that.

On another note, I see the assistant manager still disappears when you start a game, he's there pre editor but loses his job when the game starts, not really a problem but as it was noted months ago, I thought it would've been fixed.

12 hours ago, jc1 said:

On another note, I see the assistant manager still disappears when you start a game, he's there pre editor but loses his job when the game starts, not really a problem but as it was noted months ago, I thought it would've been fixed.

This isn't an issue for this area of the forum and I don't believe it was raised here?  If it was I should have directed you elsewhere, so apologies if that was the case.  Sounds like it might be a data or transfers & contracts issue?  

Not sure if right place to post this. But I've fired up a new game to see the new patch in action.

Have Celtic had a major tune up. I've no issues with them being the best team in Scotland as they clearly are, but the first 2 games of my season they've beaten St. Mirren 11-0 and Ross County 9-0.

20 hours ago, Johnsey said:

Not sure if right place to post this. But I've fired up a new game to see the new patch in action.

Have Celtic had a major tune up. I've no issues with them being the best team in Scotland as they clearly are, but the first 2 games of my season they've beaten St. Mirren 11-0 and Ross County 9-0.

If you think this is an issue with the data then you need to post this on the database & research forum.  It's not for here, anyhow.

Just finishing up my first season and post split will see Rangers travel to Celtic on the final day of the season. No way this would be allowed to happen, especially if it turned out to be a title decider, or even if the title was already wrapped up.

8 hours ago, Johnsey said:

Just finishing up my first season and post split will see Rangers travel to Celtic on the final day of the season. No way this would be allowed to happen, especially if it turned out to be a title decider, or even if the title was already wrapped up.

Hey @Johnsey - I think this a known issue that we have logged on our system. Thanks. 

On 08/02/2020 at 11:30, alan_darkside said:

Summary: Dundee and Dundee United's stadiums are both on same street so shouldn't play home games at the same time

Description of Issue: Dundee and Dundee United both had a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup tie scheduled at home at the same time.

Steps to Reproduce: We were in a multiplayer game with one player on Dundee and one on Dundee United

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Me and Alan G (v02).fm

Played last night so latest FM version so 20.2.4?

Thanks - Logged this onto our system. 

Scottish Cup Issue

There are various clubs in my game that shouldn't be in the Scottish Cup appearing in the first season, examples below (from my game).

First Prelim Round

Tranent, Abbey Vale, Heston Rovers, Bonnyton Thistle and Heriot Watt Uni.

The official breakdown of clubs can be found at this link - https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5363/2019-20-william-hill-scottish-cup-format-composition.pdf

Only the top 4 on that sheet are qualifiers (Camelon, Auchinlek, Lochee and Colville Park). 

Only clubs with a club license are eligible otherwise. Some other clubs have gained a club license this year so will be eligible next year 2020/2021 (can't remember the clubs off the top of my head).

On 21/03/2020 at 10:42, Big Easy said:

Scottish Cup Issue

There are various clubs in my game that shouldn't be in the Scottish Cup appearing in the first season, examples below (from my game).

First Prelim Round

Tranent, Abbey Vale, Heston Rovers, Bonnyton Thistle and Heriot Watt Uni.

The official breakdown of clubs can be found at this link - https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5363/2019-20-william-hill-scottish-cup-format-composition.pdf

Only the top 4 on that sheet are qualifiers (Camelon, Auchinlek, Lochee and Colville Park). 

Only clubs with a club license are eligible otherwise. Some other clubs have gained a club license this year so will be eligible next year 2020/2021 (can't remember the clubs off the top of my head).

Thanks for raising this.  We will make sure we review the participants for the Scottish Cup ahead of FM21.

On 30/03/2020 at 12:01, Dan Ormsby said:

Thanks for raising this.  We will make sure we review the participants for the Scottish Cup ahead of FM21.

Thanks, that's great. Been like that for a few years, just never knew this existed.

@Christopher Lewis

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended:

Playing as Rangers and have a reserve and under 18s team as well as the first team.  The under 18s are entered in the under-19s Champions League and that is fine.  There is also the under-23's Premier Division International Cup and my under 18s are also in that.  Why would the reserves not be in that competition where I end up playing my 17 year olds against other teams 22 year olds?

On 10/04/2020 at 05:53, FrazT said:

@Christopher Lewis

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended:

Playing as Rangers and have a reserve and under 18s team as well as the first team.  The under 18s are entered in the under-19s Champions League and that is fine.  There is also the under-23's Premier Division International Cup and my under 18s are also in that.  Why would the reserves not be in that competition where I end up playing my 17 year olds against other teams 22 year olds?

Can you post this in the Europe issues thread?  Would be one for Freddie to check out.

Found an issue with Betfred Cup in my second season as Cove Rangers. My team came 2nd in the group stage but failed to qualify as best 2nd place teams. I have not been awarded any prize money and cup has progressed to Quarter Final round. All other spots and rounds show prize money on the Overview > Rules section. 
According to the SPFL it should be £25K award: https://spfl.co.uk/news/betfred-cup-boost-for-spfl-clubs

1E74A6A0-3B7B-417A-8DC8-917867D06A6D.jpeg

On 17/04/2020 at 19:12, DBT said:

Found an issue with Betfred Cup in my second season as Cove Rangers. My team came 2nd in the group stage but failed to qualify as best 2nd place teams. I have not been awarded any prize money and cup has progressed to Quarter Final round. All other spots and rounds show prize money on the Overview > Rules section. 
According to the SPFL it should be £25K award: https://spfl.co.uk/news/betfred-cup-boost-for-spfl-clubs

1E74A6A0-3B7B-417A-8DC8-917867D06A6D.jpeg

The table not showing the amount is a known issue that is already in our bug reporting system.  You should have received the prize money though - can you take a look at the detailed finances section to check?

I know there was an issue when the game was released re correct fixtures not being in game for the Premier league, I was disappointed to see his was not fixed for the winter data release, can you tell me why the proper league fixtures weren't added and we're still having random league fixtures when we start a new game.

4 hours ago, jc1 said:

I know there was an issue when the game was released re correct fixtures not being in game for the Premier league, I was disappointed to see his was not fixed for the winter data release, can you tell me why the proper league fixtures weren't added and we're still having random league fixtures when we start a new game.

I don't know a specific answer to this I'm afraid.  But I do know that this wasn't a requirement specified by the league.  So it may be that they said we could not, or this was inferred.  If we are able to set the correct fixtures for next season then this is something I will make sure happens.

1 hour ago, Dan Ormsby said:

I don't know a specific answer to this I'm afraid.  But I do know that this wasn't a requirement specified by the league.  So it may be that they said we could not, or this was inferred.  If we are able to set the correct fixtures for next season then this is something I will make sure happens.

The issue was raised early doors and someone acknowledged that it was late in getting verified,  surely by February they would have known the fixtures. 

16 hours ago, jc1 said:

The issue was raised early doors and someone acknowledged that it was late in getting verified,  surely by February they would have known the fixtures. 

As I say, for FM21 if we are allowed to include the real first season fixtures then I will make sure this happens.  As for FM20, sorry if you were put out by them not being there.

image.thumb.png.a8c39a1bff31a3bf4ede13f947674ea1.png

Two issues here. 

1. The constant playing of games with only a day in between.

2. Eleven players away on international duty for a league game and no option to request a postponement.

Is this is a bug?

13 hours ago, WKTHFC said:

image.thumb.png.a8c39a1bff31a3bf4ede13f947674ea1.png

Two issues here. 

1. The constant playing of games with only a day in between.

2. Eleven players away on international duty for a league game and no option to request a postponement.

Is this is a bug?

Please upload your save file to the SI Cloud server and we will take a look at it. The fixture congestion could very well be caused by the fact that you have been successful in many different competitions in the same season where scheduling is already difficult due to the 2022 Winter World Cup which could be causing a large build up of fixtures. This should not occur any other season. In terms of the eleven players away on international duty, we would require a save file just before the international callups are announced.

56 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Please upload your save file to the SI Cloud server and we will take a look at it. The fixture congestion could very well be caused by the fact that you have been successful in many different competitions in the same season where scheduling is already difficult due to the 2022 Winter World Cup which could be causing a large build up of fixtures. This should not occur any other season. In terms of the eleven players away on international duty, we would require a save file just before the international callups are announced.

Will do that now. Is called Rangers (v03).fm

Thanks