Sports Interactive Community
Dan Ormsby

[Scotland] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Scotland competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Scotland should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

As it stands, there is mid week matches that are not in the SPFL league schedule. These are;

7/8/19

20/8/19

18/9/19

26/12/19

There are no matches scheduled for the following dates;

26/10/19

16/11/19

28/12/19

28/3/20

2 hours ago, cmb13 said:

As it stands, there is mid week matches that are not in the SPFL league schedule. These are;

7/8/19

20/8/19

18/9/19

26/12/19

There are no matches scheduled for the following dates;

26/10/19

16/11/19

28/12/19

28/3/20

Can you upload this save to the cloud? I've started a new game and I've got no games being played on 7/8/19, none on 20/8/19. 26/12/19 is Boxing Day and the Scottish Teams should have fixtures on this date. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Can you upload this save to the cloud? I've started a new game and I've got no games being played on 7/8/19, none on 20/8/19. 26/12/19 is Boxing Day and the Scottish Teams should have fixtures on this date. Thanks. 

Will do.

Only the Premier league have fixtures on Boxing Day, the rest of the leagues play on the Saturday before (21st) and the Saturday after (28th).

There appears to be issues with the Betfred Cup. The last 16 should be seeded (with the 4 teams in Europe and the 4 teams with the best records in the group as the 8 seeds) but it is currently an open draw. Also Spartans are entered in the competition in the first season when it should really be East Kilbride.

10 hours ago, scottmcl84 said:

There appears to be issues with the Betfred Cup. The last 16 should be seeded (with the 4 teams in Europe and the 4 teams with the best records in the group as the 8 seeds) but it is currently an open draw. Also Spartans are entered in the competition in the first season when it should really be East Kilbride.

Thanks for this - the issue with Spartans instead of East Kilbride is something we're aware of. 

I've logged the 2nd round to become a seeded draw. Much appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks for this - the issue with Spartans instead of East Kilbride is something we're aware of. 

I've logged the 2nd round to become a seeded draw. Much appreciated. 

Thanks, noticed a few more:

The prize money for all four divisions hasn't been updated with the most recent figures announced (found here).

The Betfred Cup group stages have head to head as the league sorting rule when it should be goal difference (see here).

The disciplinary rules for the Betfred Cup are wrong. It currently has different rules for teams entering in round 1 and 2 to those entering after round 2, but no teams enter after round 2 (looks like the Challenge Cup rules have been used in error). It should be a one game ban for two bookings, with bookings cleared after the group stage and prior to the semi final (see here).

The group stage specific rules also refer to an extra time sub being allowed but extra time is not played in the group stage (just a cosmetic issue).

The Challenge Cup rules are also wrong. Disciplinary rules should be as per the above link, and it also says no over 21s can be in the squad which isn't right. Two over age players should be allowed (see here). Also not sure why there is a preliminary round as that doesn't exist, so there must be something wrong with the number of teams entered or the format.

The Scottish Premiership awards page is missing last season's top goalscorer (all other awards are there).

1 hour ago, scottmcl84 said:

Thanks, noticed a few more:

The prize money for all four divisions hasn't been updated with the most recent figures announced (found here).

The Betfred Cup group stages have head to head as the league sorting rule when it should be goal difference (see here).

The disciplinary rules for the Betfred Cup are wrong. It currently has different rules for teams entering in round 1 and 2 to those entering after round 2, but no teams enter after round 2 (looks like the Challenge Cup rules have been used in error). It should be a one game ban for two bookings, with bookings cleared after the group stage and prior to the semi final (see here).

The group stage specific rules also refer to an extra time sub being allowed but extra time is not played in the group stage (just a cosmetic issue).

The Challenge Cup rules are also wrong. Disciplinary rules should be as per the above link, and it also says no over 21s can be in the squad which isn't right. Two over age players should be allowed (see here). Also not sure why there is a preliminary round as that doesn't exist, so there must be something wrong with the number of teams entered or the format.

The Scottish Premiership awards page is missing last season's top goalscorer (all other awards are there).

Big thanks for the clear breakdown of the bugs here and the references to sources. Very much appreciated. 

On 01/11/2019 at 16:34, Christopher Lewis said:

Big thanks for the clear breakdown of the bugs here and the references to sources. Very much appreciated. 

No worries, been looking a bit more into the Challenge Cup as it's currently miles away from what actually happens (though it must be one of the most difficult competitions to code!). Here's what should happen:

Preliminary Round should be removed 

1st Round should be:

- 4 best Highland League teams from previous season

- 4 best Lowland League teams from previous season

- All 12 Premiership Colt (reserve) teams

- 4 worst League Two teams from previous season

The draw should be seeded so that every match has a Colt (reserve) team in it and be regionalised (north and south sections).

2nd Round should be:

- All 10 League One teams

- Remaining 6 League Two teams

- 12 winners from previous round

The draw should be unseeded and be regionalised (north and south sections).

3rd Round should be:

- 2 teams from Northern Ireland*

- 2 teams from Wales*

- 2 teams from England*

- 2 teams from Ireland*

- All 10 Championship teams

- 14 winners from previous round

The draw is unnecessarily complicated, but to simplify it there should be at least one Scottish team in each tie, and ideally one team from each of the other countries should be at home and one away. 

The remaining rounds are a straight unseeded draw.

* Choosing the correct ‘foreign’ teams is tricky since it’s ultimately down to each association. To replicate what happened this year I’d say:

Northern Ireland - 2nd and 3rd placed team in Premiership from previous season

Wales - 1st and 2nd placed teams in Premier from previous season

England – 2 highest placed teams not promoted from National League from previous season

Ireland – 2 highest placed team not qualified for Europe from Premier Division from previous year

Full details are here.

Edited by scottmcl84
Slight correction

Just noticed the Reserve Cup and Reserve Challenge Cup aren't there. Both were in FM19 and still exist in real life, not sure why they would not be in FM20?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I have an issue with fixtures in the Scottish Premiership.

Currently in my third season and every year there are no fixtures between the 30th of October and the 22nd of November.  Exact dates obviously differ each season, but always a gap of around 3.5 weeks without a fixture.

21 hours ago, DUFC83 said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I have an issue with fixtures in the Scottish Premiership.

Currently in my third season and every year there are no fixtures between the 30th of October and the 22nd of November.  Exact dates obviously differ each season, but always a gap of around 3.5 weeks without a fixture.

Thanks for this - it's also repeating for me so have placed this under review. 

On 01/11/2019 at 16:57, scottmcl84 said:

No worries, been looking a bit more into the Challenge Cup as it's currently miles away from what actually happens (though it must be one of the most difficult competitions to code!). Here's what should happen:

1st Round should be:

The draw should be seeded so that every match has a Colt (reserve) team in it and be regionalised (north and south sections).

2nd Round should be:

3rd Round should be:

- 2 teams from Wales*

- 2 teams from England*

- 2 teams from Ireland*

The draw is unnecessarily complicated, but to simplify it there should be at least one Scottish team in each tie, and ideally one team from each of the other countries should be at home and one away. 

* Choosing the correct ‘foreign’ teams is tricky since it’s ultimately down to each association. To replicate what happened this year I’d say:

England – 2 highest placed teams not promoted from National League from previous season

Ireland – 2 highest placed team not qualified for Europe from Premier Division from previous year

Full details are here.

Thanks for this breakdown - under review.

the fixtures in the first season do not match real life is this intentional?

Edited by Dingwalld924
Made a mistake

On 05/11/2019 at 19:25, Dingwalld924 said:

the fixtures in the first season do not match real life is this intentional?

We've only been sent the Key Dates for Scotland which we've recently added to internal builds so far and not the official fixtures. 

I noticed this a few times on FM19 and seems to still be an issue in FM20.

I'm managing Rangers and my post-split fixtures have given me Celtic last game of the season. There's 2 points between us in the league so I would be willing to bet a lot of money that this fixture would be the first one after the split (as in previous years irl) in order to prevent an Old Firm league decider. 

There's also no way they'd have the final league game of the season against each other, would be carnage!

EDIT - Found another fixture issue - Rangers and Celtic both just played at home at 3pm on the same day. I think this last happened about 3 times in 30 years with the last time being in the 90s. Appreciate these sort of things may be difficult to add into the game, but thought I'd raise it.

Edited by Johnsey

On 10/11/2019 at 10:17, Johnsey said:

I'm managing Rangers and my post-split fixtures have given me Celtic last game of the season. There's 2 points between us in the league so I would be willing to bet a lot of money that this fixture would be the first one after the split (as in previous years irl) in order to prevent an Old Firm league decider. 

There's also no way they'd have the final league game of the season against each other, would be carnage!

I'm checking with the coders about whether we can implement something to prevent this. 

On 10/11/2019 at 10:17, Johnsey said:

EDIT - Found another fixture issue - Rangers and Celtic both just played at home at 3pm on the same day. I think this last happened about 3 times in 30 years with the last time being in the 90s. Appreciate these sort of things may be difficult to add into the game, but thought I'd raise it.

This I'm pretty sure we should have in game already but obviously it isn't working correctly if it's happened for you. Do you have the save game? Thanks. https://community.sigames.com/topic/495118-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

On 11/11/2019 at 15:35, Christopher Lewis said:

I'm checking with the coders about whether we can implement something to prevent this. 

This I'm pretty sure we should have in game already but obviously it isn't working correctly if it's happened for you. Do you have the save game? Thanks. https://community.sigames.com/topic/495118-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

I have the save game, but not sure if it's before the post-split fixtures are announced, will this matter?

14 hours ago, Johnsey said:

I have the save game, but not sure if it's before the post-split fixtures are announced, will this matter?

It's better then not having any save at all. If you upload it I can take a look. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

It's better then not having any save at all. If you upload it I can take a look. Thanks. 

I've uploaded it now - Rangers (v03). Managed to find one before the fixtures were played, but not before the split fixtures were decided. 

I believe it's the 2nd or 3rd weekend before the end of the season, both Old Firm have home 3pm kick offs.

Would this be the place for a Brexit bug?

Playing as Aberdeen, and it's just been announced that UK will leave in December 2020, but the new rules for appealing work permits is based on English league data, per attached.

Of course, maybe that's how it'll work

brexit.jpg

14 hours ago, Boothy0910 said:

Playing as Aberdeen, and it's just been announced that UK will leave in December 2020, but the new rules for appealing work permits is based on English league data, per attached.

Hi there, could you upload your save game to our cloud service please if possible? Ideally if you also have a save just before the inbox item appears that would be ideal. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be based off the English leagues. Thanks

20 hours ago, Johnsey said:

I've uploaded it now - Rangers (v03). Managed to find one before the fixtures were played, but not before the split fixtures were decided. 

I believe it's the 2nd or 3rd weekend before the end of the season, both Old Firm have home 3pm kick offs.

7 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi there, could you upload your save game to our cloud service please if possible? Ideally if you also have a save just before the inbox item appears that would be ideal. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be based off the English leagues. Thanks

Freddie, thanks for the quick response. I've uploaded 'Aberdeen brexit', its 3 or 4 game days before the inbox item appeared. Hope that's sufficient.

19 hours ago, Boothy0910 said:

Freddie, thanks for the quick response. I've uploaded 'Aberdeen brexit', its 3 or 4 game days before the inbox item appeared. Hope that's sufficient.

Thanks for the save, I've reproduced the issue from this and logged it internally.

5 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Thanks for the save, I've reproduced the issue from this and logged it internally.

this also happened to me with aberdeen too, i take it i will need to start a new save for the rules to not be from english leagues? or can i keep going when a patch is out?. 

Greek players on loan from parent club in to SPL - full season loans with no cancellation possible. On Brexit day they have no WPs, can't apply for WP, and can't send him. 

Have a player on loan from England, press question before 33rd game - this might be his last game...send off.... etc.     The press don't know about post-split.

Was this game build from 19 beta code or something?

22 hours ago, Release Day Blues said:

Greek players on loan from parent club in to SPL - full season loans with no cancellation possible. On Brexit day they have no WPs, can't apply for WP, and can't send him. 

Hey - This is something we're aware of and are working on a good fix.

22 hours ago, Release Day Blues said:

Have a player on loan from England, press question before 33rd game - this might be his last game...send off.... etc.     The press don't know about post-split.

21 hours ago, Release Day Blues said:

When the teams in 4/5 in the SPL qualify for the Europa Conference League the news item says it is their "Survival celebrations"

If you raise these on this section of the forum - they'll be happy to help with media related matters. Thanks. https://community.sigames.com/forum/724-all-other-gameplay/

Is there anyway to tell us what version fixes for bugs raised here are being targeted for? Reluctant to start a long-term save until some things are fixed.

Thanks.

On 13/11/2019 at 22:46, Boothy0910 said:

brexit.jpg

i have just done a test save to see if this has been fixed and it hasnt. i dont see the point in mnaging in scotland while this premit rules is there, can someone confirm its a bug or if its correct so i can play the game properly , thank you 

Any reason why the real life fixtures aren’t in the game despite the SPFL being licensed?

On 02/11/2019 at 22:26, scottmcl84 said:

Just noticed the Reserve Cup and Reserve Challenge Cup aren't there. Both were in FM19 and still exist in real life, not sure why they would not be in FM20?

Is this being looked into? I can see they show in the editor but don't appear in the game.

On 01/11/2019 at 16:57, scottmcl84 said:

1st Round should be:

2nd Round should be:

3rd Round should be:

- 2 teams from Wales*

- 2 teams from England*

- 2 teams from Ireland*

Full details are here.

I can see this has been updated but there are still issues:

- Inverurie Locos are entered in the first season when it should be Spartans

- Crusaders are entered in the first season when it should be Wrexham. This means there are three teams from Northern Irish league and one from English league, when it should be two from both

- In my game Connah's Quay got drawn against Ballymena in the third round, which shouldn't be possible as there should be a Scottish side in each tie 

- The competition rules (over 21s, suspensions) are still wrong

Apologies if this is all still being worked on, just wanted to check since a fix seems to have resolved some of the original issues.

Playing as Hibernian,  why is there a built in training camp in game with matches against local clubs that cannot be changed,  very frustrating considering we seldom do a pre season training camp. Keep getting a Barcelona training camp and games against some of Spain's top teams, very frustrating.

Edited by jc1

20 hours ago, scottmcl84 said:

Is this being looked into? I can see they show in the editor but don't appear in the game.

It is indeed. Should be re included during an update at some point in the future. 

19 hours ago, scottmcl84 said:

I can see this has been updated but there are still issues:

- Inverurie Locos are entered in the first season when it should be Spartans

- Crusaders are entered in the first season when it should be Wrexham. This means there are three teams from Northern Irish league and one from English league, when it should be two from both

- In my game Connah's Quay got drawn against Ballymena in the third round, which shouldn't be possible as there should be a Scottish side in each tie 

- The competition rules (over 21s, suspensions) are still wrong

Apologies if this is all still being worked on, just wanted to check since a fix seems to have resolved some of the original issues.

These are issues I raised when testing the fix. It's with the coder to correct these problems. 

23 hours ago, jc1 said:

Playing as Hibernian,  why is there a built in training camp in game with matches against local clubs that cannot be changed,  very frustrating considering we seldom do a pre season training camp. Keep getting a Barcelona training camp and games against some of Spain's top teams, very frustrating.

In my Hibs save we have a training camp in Australia. This would never happen IRL.

14 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

In my Hibs save we have a training camp in Australia. This would never happen IRL.

23 hours ago, jc1 said:

Could you upload the save game with this? Sounds like an issue with teams having training camps in places that they shouldn't. 

2 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Could you upload the save game with this? Sounds like an issue with teams having training camps in places that they shouldn't. 

Edited by jc1

2 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Uploaded as John Chalmers - Hibernian.fm

Thanks for the reply.

Started another new save and this time didn't have a pre season camp, so I take it this is just random, the same thing happened last game too but they were all local camps, could still be a bug if it's random and taking you all over the world for pre season, it's Hibs not Man U, we don't do oversees camps very often, not many in the past few years anyway.

14 hours ago, jc1 said:

Started another new save and this time didn't have a pre season camp, so I take it this is just random, the same thing happened last game too but they were all local camps, could still be a bug if it's random and taking you all over the world for pre season, it's Hibs not Man U, we don't do oversees camps very often, not many in the past few years anyway.

Ok cool - We'll review it anyway. 

In 2022/23, the Winter break seems to have moved for 3 weeks in January to two full months in November and December, causing a sizeable January Backlog for all clubs in the league.

Is there a reason for this? There's no upcoming tournament and it's the case with all clubs in the league, so not as if it's a European fixtures clash.

2022/23 and the knock on effect of fixtures:

image.thumb.png.4944f5dff9671755d86dc9e32efa3181.png

image.thumb.png.9b58947f8f6cf4cae8378bf41993f1ee.png

2021/22 for comparison:

image.thumb.png.b54c6acdc376a73c42dc0f0bf442e3aa.png

Disregard that - I'm an idiot.

I just presumed that the Qatar WC had been moved as with previous editions. Didn't realise it had been coded in this version. :lol: