Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Italy] (Official) League Specific Issues

On 17/05/2020 at 08:47, rymufc77 said:

Guys any answer pls cause i m afraid save will get corrupted

We are continuing to look into the issue and we will let you know when we have any additional information.

21 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

We are continuing to look into the issue and we will let you know when we have any additional information.

ok thanks lad i m nearing the end of the season and mid game i removed serie c i will keep you updated as well

so apparently serie a has continued now and even the other league but I removed serie c from playable and its still showing as playable

League sorting is still incorrect. Bari should be above Inter as Bari has better GD and GS. H2H shouldn't factor in yet be cause only one fixture has been played, but even if it did, the match was a draw and would not validate this result anyway. Interestingly, I think it was correct, but then when the other clubs around us played we got flipped for no reason? I've uploaded save "Bari 2025-25 V."

This is a very basic thing that should be easy to fix, but it could mean the difference between life and death come end of the season!

image.thumb.png.c5e00f96e671eeda983c10c0075fb78a.png

12 hours ago, Weston said:

League sorting is still incorrect. Bari should be above Inter as Bari has better GD and GS. H2H shouldn't factor in yet be cause only one fixture has been played, but even if it did, the match was a draw and would not validate this result anyway. Interestingly, I think it was correct, but then when the other clubs around us played we got flipped for no reason? I've uploaded save "Bari 2025-25 V."

This is a very basic thing that should be easy to fix, but it could mean the difference between life and death come end of the season!

image.thumb.png.c5e00f96e671eeda983c10c0075fb78a.png

Thank you very much, this is now logged and under review with our team.

1 hour ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thank you very much, this is now logged and under review with our team.

Please specifically note that head to head results do not factor in until both fixtures are played, unless I am mistaken, which has always been wrong. This is the first time I've seen GD/GS incorrectly applied as a separate issue, and it flipped back to normal after for some reason as well.

Is there any chance that U20 be transformed into an U23 and participate in a senior league and maybe reach Lega Pro or even Serie B?

I’m playing Inter

Hello,

I still play FM19. I am playing with AC Milan, but there is a problem with fixture congestion at the end of the championship. I'm in semis CL , no cup, and some games are played with 1 day rest between them. This happened also in the previous season, but then i had the cup also. I wanted to ask if this problem is present in FM20 because it's unfair to have the players really tired and to play against psg with 4 days of rest.

Yet another bug with fixture congestion regarding Italy. Wow, great job guys! Nobody tested this stupid game. I have to play CL final with the kids because Italy has a damn fixture in the same day against mighty Lichtenstein.

image.thumb.png.7fee219f727b427d7a7b6b471462a8e8.png

On 28/06/2020 at 06:30, Muerte706 said:

Hello,

I still play FM19. I am playing with AC Milan, but there is a problem with fixture congestion at the end of the championship. I'm in semis CL , no cup, and some games are played with 1 day rest between them. This happened also in the previous season, but then i had the cup also. I wanted to ask if this problem is present in FM20 because it's unfair to have the players really tired and to play against psg with 4 days of rest.

Hi, what season was this in?  I know there were some issues with fixture congestion in the 2022/23 season due to the 2022 World Cup in FM19, though I wasn't personally working in the competitions area then.  As you can imagine we are no longer making changes for FM19, nor indeed for FM20.  I do know that lots of work and testing was done to make instances of fixture congestion a lot rarer in FM20, but in isolated situations it can still happen, much like in real life.  I'll be making sure that there are no avoidable instances ahead of our next release.

The 1 day rest problem appeared in seasons 19/20, 20/21, and the clash with the international fixture in 22/23. 

Anyone know why other teams can sign my players who on youth contracts without me accepting a transfer offer, but I can't do the same? They just pay some mandatory compensation, but I don't see the option from my end.

image.thumb.png.b98fdacc63a38d58d9f85dd1bc7fe9aa.png

I've got a save in lower league Italy right now. Is the season not updating correctly still an ongoing issue? Because if so I'll remove Serie C when I get promoted. 

9 hours ago, Weston said:

Anyone know why other teams can sign my players who on youth contracts without me accepting a transfer offer, but I can't do the same? They just pay some mandatory compensation, but I don't see the option from my end.

image.thumb.png.b98fdacc63a38d58d9f85dd1bc7fe9aa.png

This is one for the transfers & contracts forum.  Might be that he's already signed a pre-contract agreement with the AI club, but Ben would know more.  Wouldn't have thought this was specific to Italy.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

This is one for the transfers & contracts forum.  Might be that he's already signed a pre-contract agreement with the AI club, but Ben would know more.  Wouldn't have thought this was specific to Italy.

Yeah I later saw how he has "provisionally agreed" to a future contract. What are the provisions, I wonder? I guess this might explain why they're asking for 36mil for him otherwise.

Just seems odd because the player is "extremely interested" which is usually not the case when a contract has just been signed, and you usually can't sign them at all when they're on a proper pre-contract, so it's very confusing. Despite really wanting to join he's not put his club under any pressure to make the move happen as would be usual.

Edited by Weston

1 hour ago, Weston said:

Yeah I later saw how he has "provisionally agreed" to a future contract. What are the provisions, I wonder? I guess this might explain why they're asking for 36mil for him otherwise.

Just seems odd because the player is "extremely interested" which is usually not the case when a contract has just been signed, and you usually can't sign them at all when they're on a proper pre-contract, so it's very confusing. Despite really wanting to join he's not put his club under any pressure to make the move happen as would be usual.

Yep this is definitely one for the transfers & contracts forum if you need any further info.

8 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

I've got a save in lower league Italy right now. Is the season not updating correctly still an ongoing issue? Because if so I'll remove Serie C when I get promoted. 

I have only recently taken over responsibility for Italy league specific stuff.  I think you're referring to an issue to do with third party files?   If so, you might get help on the editor forum or in the modding area of the forum but I can't personally help from here.

7 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

I have only recently taken over responsibility for Italy league specific stuff.  I think you're referring to an issue to do with third party files?   If so, you might get help on the editor forum or in the modding area of the forum but I can't personally help from here.

No, it was mentioned a few times on the last page. 

In addition, there are two more issues that are quite frustrating.

Firstly, Juventus U23 sporadically plays star players which does not happen IRL.

Secondly, the domestic loan system is bugged. The game counts all national loans against the maximum 6 from the top 2 divisions. It is a real pain as I cannot get 1-2 extra key players in. This kind of thing can mean the difference between promotion or not. If you have 4 Serie A + B based players and 2 from Serie C, and try to loan an extra Serie A/B player it'll get cancelled. This has actually been an issue since release I cannot believe it hasn't been fixed. 

7 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Firstly, Juventus U23 sporadically plays star players which does not happen IRL.

Secondly, the domestic loan system is bugged. The game counts all national loans against the maximum 6 from the top 2 divisions. It is a real pain as I cannot get 1-2 extra key players in. This kind of thing can mean the difference between promotion or not. If you have 4 Serie A + B based players and 2 from Serie C, and try to loan an extra Serie A/B player it'll get cancelled. This has actually been an issue since release I cannot believe it hasn't been fixed. 

Yeah the Juve B team is super overpowered and plays a lot of first teamers which simply does not happen in real life.

Didn't know about the second one, that seems really annoying.

Just now, Weston said:

Yeah the Juve B team is super overpowered and plays a lot of first teamers which simply does not happen in real life.

Didn't know about the second one, that seems really annoying.

It is.

I have 4 players from Serie A + B on loan, 1 from Serie C and 1 from Serie D.

Firstly the loan screen says I have 0 players on loan from Serie A + B , but when I go to loan an extra player from Serie A + B (key player I really wanted) it gets cancelled for the reason above.

Additionally, I highly suspect if I cancel the loans from the lower leagues, that I still won't be able to loan players from Serie A or B as I remember that happening before.

I'm basically 1-2 key players short because of this. 

On 03/08/2020 at 08:16, Travis Bickle said:

Hi, I have looked further into this.  It appears that a fix was entered for this before the last live update went out for FM20 and we have not since had it reproduce in-house in Italy.  Plus it seems it was a very rare issue to do with an unlikely scenario in the Serie C playoffs in the first place.  This is something I will make sure is not occurring ahead of the next FM release.  I can't guarantee 100% it isn't happening in FM20 still, though it seems unlikely that it would.

16 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

No, it was mentioned a few times on the last page. 

In addition, there are two more issues that are quite frustrating.

The first issue regarding the overpowered U23 team isn't an issue for this area of the forum.  Not entirely sure where it would be for, potentially a match engine team selector issue, or it could perhaps be fixed in the DB to set something that says the U23 team doesn't pick senior players or something along those lines.

Regarding the loan system, like I say I've only just taken over responsibility for Italy.  If you could message me exactly what you think the loan rules should be I can check these in game and approach the head researcher for his opinion.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Hi, I have looked further into this.  It appears that a fix was entered for this before the last live update went out for FM20 and we have not since had it reproduce in-house in Italy.  Plus it seems it was a very rare issue to do with an unlikely scenario in the Serie C playoffs in the first place.  This is something I will make sure is not occurring ahead of the next FM release.  I can't guarantee 100% it isn't happening in FM20 still, though it seems unlikely that it would.

Thank you kindly for your response. Which update was that? Since the posts (not affiliated to added files) were in late April, if the update came out after?

5 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

The first issue regarding the overpowered U23 team isn't an issue for this area of the forum.  Not entirely sure where it would be for, potentially a match engine team selector issue, or it could perhaps be fixed in the DB to set something that says the U23 team doesn't pick senior players or something along those lines.

Regarding the loan system, like I say I've only just taken over responsibility for Italy.  If you could message me exactly what you think the loan rules should be I can check these in game and approach the head researcher for his opinion.

Thanks!

For the U23 team is there anywhere you'd like me to report it specifically?

I don't know the exact loan rules in real life, but in game you are allowed 6 domestic loanees from the top two leagues (Serie A & Serie B).

In my save, I had 4 players on loan from Serie A & B teams, 1 from Serie C and 1 from Serie D. I should have been allowed to loan 2 more Serie A players, but when I try to, they get cancelled as I am "over the limit". Effectively, in practice the game limits you to 6 domestic loans when it should be 6 domestic loans from the top two divisions according to the rules stated in game.

Furthermore, the transfer screen actually says I have 0 players on loan from Serie A & B teams.

This is something that should definitely be looked at. It obviously is not gamebreaking but it does have a huge bearing on squad building when you're a broke lower league team.

So I just qualified for the Club World Cup for the first time. I remember several people who played this tournament having issues with fixture congestion - matches were back to back. Has this been fixed, or am I in for a world of pain next season..?

17 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

Thank you kindly for your response. Which update was that? Since the posts (not affiliated to added files) were in late April, if the update came out after?

For the U23 team is there anywhere you'd like me to report it specifically?

I don't know the exact loan rules in real life, but in game you are allowed 6 domestic loanees from the top two leagues (Serie A & Serie B).

In my save, I had 4 players on loan from Serie A & B teams, 1 from Serie C and 1 from Serie D. I should have been allowed to loan 2 more Serie A players, but when I try to, they get cancelled as I am "over the limit". Effectively, in practice the game limits you to 6 domestic loans when it should be 6 domestic loans from the top two divisions according to the rules stated in game.

Furthermore, the transfer screen actually says I have 0 players on loan from Serie A & B teams.

This is something that should definitely be looked at. It obviously is not gamebreaking but it does have a huge bearing on squad building when you're a broke lower league team.

Regarding the U23 issue, I've made some enquiries and this is one for our gameplay team.  Please post about this in the All Other Gameplay forum.

Regarding the Serie C issue, like I say, a fix was put in before the last update went out and we were not able to reproduce the issue in house since, but it does seem if a user brought this up in May it may possibly be that it is still happening on rare occasions then.  Sorry about this.

Regarding the loan issue, I will look into this and get something logged to be fixed ahead of next version.  If you could upload a save demonstrating the issue, this would be helpful.  Thanks!