Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Norway] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Norway competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Norway should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

I see that the cup draw is wrong. The first rounds are drawn with the local teams. Low division teams get home match against another local team that are in a higher division. 

Currently managing Ranheim and the first year i got Sola in the first round and the next year i got Sotra! Thats 900 km away! And there were several other local teams in the pot.

For some reason the rules for Eliteserien and obos-ligaen now include a "match rule" which states: "Players on youth or amateur contracts can only play a maximum of 3 matches".

This can't be correct right? It has never been this way before.

The big problem with this is that a player in FM in Norway isn't allowed a professional contract until the day they turn 17 (so they sign an pre-agreement for a professional contract when they turn 17).

This effectively means you cannot use <17yr players in the league.

Also; can this be fixed in a patch which will work on existing saves, or do I have to make a new save?

Thanks

rule.thumb.png.676e889865b7eecc332b0230b83192bf.png

edit: I googled around for the real rules and can't find anything that mentions this specific rule. I think it's just wrong, maybe copy pasted from another league? Hopefully it can be fixed without starting a new save :)

Edited by sureup

I found the rules here: Obos-ligaen an d Eliteserien

The only mention of age and contract requirements (which I can find) are:

"Spiller må være fylt 15 år ved kalenderårets begynnelse og ha profesjonell kontrakt."

which translates to:

"Player must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the calendar year and have a professional contract."

So I guess with this random 3 match rule added for fm 2020 there are the unintended consequences which results in 15-16 yrs old not being able to play more than three matches, even though they have signed an agreement for a professional contract.

Hopefully this can be fixed as it makes the game unplayable for me. (Developing young players for the first team is what I enjoy)

The 3 match maximum for players on amateur/youth contracts is an actual rule in Norways top two divisions. Ref: A-lists and B-lists in NFF's squad registration rules.

But you have spotted a very real problem here, @sureup. The real error here is that players are not able to sign professional contracts before the age of 17 in-game. The actual age limit is 15. This is an error that hasn't had concequences in earlier FM versions, as the 3 match maximum hasn't been implemented before now.

I have reported this in and hopefully we'll have it fixed asap.

17 minutes ago, LarsC said:

The 3 match maximum for players on amateur/youth contracts is an actual rule in Norways top two divisions. Ref: A-lists and B-lists in NFF's squad registration rules.

But you have spotted a very real problem here, @sureup. The real error here is that players are not able to sign professional contracts before the age of 17 in-game. The actual age limit is 15. This is an error that hasn't had concequences in earlier FM versions, as the 3 match maximum hasn't been implemented before now.

I have reported this in and hopefully we'll have it fixed asap.

Great news! Hope the fix comes quick as I'm really enjoying FM2020. Btw, will it require a new save?

3 minutes ago, sureup said:

Great news! Hope the fix comes quick as I'm really enjoying FM2020. Btw, will it require a new save?

I cannot answer that really, but it's certainly not unlikely.

I personally tend to avoid getting too involved in pre-release saves, as there inevitably will be fixes and updates before the release that do require new saves to take effect.

6 minutes ago, LarsC said:

I cannot answer that really, but it's certainly not unlikely.

I personally tend to avoid getting too involved in pre-release saves, as there inevitably will be fixes and updates before the release that do require new saves to take effect.

Yup I agree, but I've been lucky with the last few years where my beta game has become my main game too. But I'm always ready to restart during beta if there are any bugs like this, and thankfully I'm only half a season into the game :)

I was just wondering so I have something to think about until the fix comes, as I cant play the game itself. (sold a bunch of players to get great young talent only to have them blocked to play after 3 games hehe)

Thanks for addressing the issue quickly!

On 04/11/2019 at 14:33, sureup said:

As a general rule for competition rule changes they normally require new saves. 

17 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

As a general rule for competition rule changes they normally require new saves. 

Good to know! Do you think the fix will be included in a beta patch, or do I have to wait for the full release? Only 1 day has gone by and I'm already feeling the itch ^^

27 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

@LarsC will this be the new starting time for seasons beyond 2020 or is it just for one year?

Well. Everything is subject to change with the Norwegian FA. But their reasoning with this is to avoid too many postponed matches due to the harsh winters in some parts of the country, and that starting the league in March before the international period then is "no longer an advantage" for the national team (as most int. players play abroad anyway).

So we could assume that this scheduling will happen beyond 2020 as well. The league will start first week of April and end last week of December. The cup final is also moved to the last weekend of October.

2 hours ago, LarsC said:

Well. Everything is subject to change with the Norwegian FA.

I'd say that's the understatement of the day.. Everything and anything, when it comes to NFF, you never now.

On 05/11/2019 at 18:17, LarsC said:

Well. Everything is subject to change with the Norwegian FA. But their reasoning with this is to avoid too many postponed matches due to the harsh winters in some parts of the country, and that starting the league in March before the international period then is "no longer an advantage" for the national team (as most int. players play abroad anyway).

So we could assume that this scheduling will happen beyond 2020 as well. The league will start first week of April and end last week of December. The cup final is also moved to the last weekend of October.

On 05/11/2019 at 20:56, Maaka said:

I'd say that's the understatement of the day.. Everything and anything, when it comes to NFF, you never now.

For now we'll just assume the schedule will keep using the 2020 format in future years. Thanks. 

On 04/11/2019 at 15:08, LarsC said:

Have the A-list and B-list rules finally been implemented? In FM 19 this was not the case. In reality, you should be able re-register players before a match and make them eligible for play as long as they abide by the homegrown rules. This means you should be able to "rotate" homegrown players, allowing you to try out youngsters in games without having to register them at the start of the season.

It seems the problem with 15-16 year olds not being able to sign professional contracts is now fixed in the 'public-beta' opt-in on steam when starting a new save. Thanks for fixing it! :)

Edited by sureup

Hello guys,

I dunno if this is a mistake, but it doesnt look good for me.

Thanks,

1.png

1 hour ago, BoGdy said:

Hello guys,

I dunno if this is a mistake, but it doesnt look good for me.

Thanks,

1.png

We'll take a look and investigate. Probably should just say participation money if the award is the same deliberately. 

21 minutes ago, Christopher Lewis said:

We'll take a look and investigate. Probably should just say participation money if the award is the same deliberately. 

Also, I think KFUM Oslo have a plan to improve their stadium, but i don't know if there is anything concrete.

https://kaaffa.no/nyheter/vil-lage-noe-som-blir-lagt-merke-til?fbclid=IwAR2Dp4xtXcD1SJL0blGmZ3ZkU9k1geJi9yn_w58pObtPlBy0DMMTgjqJiU0

I am not norwegian, so i could probably be wrong, cuz i don't understand the language very weel.

That you never get the Norwegian squad registration right is a bit annoying. Reported in details if you read back in the bug forum from the 2018 version. There is NO such thing as a maximum size of 25 players. As mentioned above, there is a theoritical squad size, but the squad can be changed at any time. The only exception is the maximum amount of non-home-grown players. 

Another thing is that amateurs/juniors can only play 3 matches before they need a pro contract.

What I find very strange, in both the Norwegian league and in FM in general, is what will happen if your goal keepers are getting injuried. The suddenly a shadow player appears in the squad! Really? Trying to convert this to real life, and then it's something like: If you are running out of players in your limited squad of 25, a random dud can be used, but not someone from your B-squad or u19 team. Doesn't sound right, does it?

Next topic. It's 2020, and Norway is ualified for the Euro2020. Come on, Sigames! Do you think they will keep playing the Norwegian league while the national team is playing in the championship? 

On 08/12/2019 at 00:28, oddspam said:

That you never get the Norwegian squad registration right is a bit annoying. Reported in details if you read back in the bug forum from the 2018 version. There is NO such thing as a maximum size of 25 players. As mentioned above, there is a theoritical squad size, but the squad can be changed at any time. The only exception is the maximum amount of non-home-grown players. 

Another thing is that amateurs/juniors can only play 3 matches before they need a pro contract.

What I find very strange, in both the Norwegian league and in FM in general, is what will happen if your goal keepers are getting injuried. The suddenly a shadow player appears in the squad! Really? Trying to convert this to real life, and then it's something like: If you are running out of players in your limited squad of 25, a random dud can be used, but not someone from your B-squad or u19 team. Doesn't sound right, does it?

I find the lack of response and action to this issue alarming.. doesn't seem a finger has been lifted since the issue was raised in FM 2018. Aren't things being properly reported? If the issue is the inability to properly simulate the Norwegian system, then implement an U21 rule or something like that that allows the use of younger talent in the main squad without registration. That would help a bit!

20 hours ago, oddspam said:

Next topic. It's 2020, and Norway is ualified for the Euro2020. Come on, Sigames! Do you think they will keep playing the Norwegian league while the national team is playing in the championship? 

There's an existing issue we're working with the HR to deal with this. I believe we're going to add a break for the Group stages at least. 

On 07/12/2019 at 23:28, oddspam said:

There is NO such thing as a maximum size of 25 players. As mentioned above, there is a theoritical squad size, but the squad can be changed at any time. The only exception is the maximum amount of non-home-grown players. 

We set these numbers based on the HR guidance. 

On 07/12/2019 at 23:28, oddspam said:

This I'm more inclined to agree with. Possibly should allow the youth keepers to be called up. The fake keepers are generated just to ensure the user at least has a keeper (even if they are terrible). 

Here is the updated rules for the squad registration in Norway, this is for the top tiers (Eliteserien and OBOS-ligaen):

https://www.fotball.no/globalassets/regler-og-retningslinjer/turneringsbestemmelser/turneringsbestemmelser-eliteserien.pdf

LOKALT UTVIKLEDE SPILLERE (LUS)

Bestemmelser vedrørende lokalt utviklede spillere (LUS) i Eliteserien og OBOS-ligaen i sesongen 2019

Innledning

LUS-bestemmelsene har vært utviklet over tid, sist etter en omfattende evaluering i 2010. Etter reduksjonen av antall «fri-spillere» i spillertroppen fra 11 til 9 ble det for sesongen 2011 innført en overgangsordning der det var mulig å «rullere» på «fri-spillere» utenfor overgangsvinduet. Denne ble fjernet fra sesongen 2012 og det var ikke lenger mulig å «rullere» på fri-spillere utenfor overgangsvinduet. Dvs. at hvis en klubb har maks kvote på 9 fri-spillere når overgangsvinduet stenger så kan ikke en fri-spiller meldes ut og erstattes med en ny fri-spiller før tidligst i neste overgangsvindu. Fra sesongen 2013 ble det gjort en endring i aldersintervallet som definerer hvilke spillere som kan regnes som lokalt utviklet. Fra 2013 er aldersintervallet 12 til 21 år mot tidligere 15 til 21 år. Det er ingen nye endringer før 2019-sesongen. Følgende gjelder for 2019-sesongen:

Spillertroppen

Spillertroppen for sesongen 2019 skal inneholde maksimalt 25 spillere både i Tippeligaen og OBOSligaen og samtidig minimum 20 spillere i Eliteserien og minimum 18 spillere i OBOS-ligaen. Disse bestemmelsene er i henhold til klubblisenskriteriene S05 og spillertroppen er definert ved spillerliste A og spillerliste B. Dersom klubben kommer under minimumsgrensen i forhold til antall spillere på spillerliste A er dette et brudd på et klubblisenskriterium. Klubblisensnemnda vil da be klubben sette opp en handlingsplan for å komme i takt med klubblisensen når det gjelder antall spillere i troppen.

Spillerliste A

Foreløpig spillerliste A skal for Eliteserien og OBOS-ligaen sendes NFF senest 1.mars 2019. Spillerliste A skal kun bestå av profesjonelle spillere og kan endres etter gjeldende retningslinjer (se nedenfor). Spillere på spillerliste A kan ikke benyttes i Eliteserien og OBOS-ligaen før spillerlisten er sendt NFF og oppdatert/bekreftet spillerliste er sendt i retur til klubb.

Spillerliste B

Spilleliste B skal sendes NFF senest 1.april 2019. Spillere på spillerliste B kan ikke benyttes i Eliteserien og OBOS-ligaen før spillerlisten er sendt NFF og oppdatert/bekreftet spillerliste er sendt i retur til klubb. Spillerliste B skal bestå av inntil 5 amatørspillere. En av disse plassene er forbeholdt keeper. Utespillere må ha fylt 14 år og samtidig være under 19 år ved årets begynnelse. Keeper(e) må ha fylt 14 år ved årets begynnelse men det er ingen aldersbegrensning oppad i alder. Spilleliste B er fast og nye spillere kan ikke meldes inn på listen før tidligst når overgangsvinduet åpner til sommeren. Spillere på spilleliste B kan delta i kamp for klubbens lag i Eliteserien og OBOS-ligaen inntil tre ganger uavhengig av om dette er fra start eller som innbytter. Når en spiller på spillerliste B har deltatt i kamp tre ganger, må spilleren inngå profesjonell kontrakt og meldes inn på spillerliste A før han kan delta i kamp fire.

Bestemmelser om endringer i spillerliste A

Endringer i spillerliste A kan meldes NFF vederlagsfritt inntil fire timer før kampstart på hverdag og senest kl.15 siste arbeidsdag før kamper i helger og på helligdager. Innmeldinger utover disse frister betinger et forhåndsbetalt gebyr på 5.000,- pr spiller. Spillere kan ikke meldes inn i spillertropp før de er gitt spilletillatelsen av NFF. Alle endringer sendes NFF pr e-post til forvaltning@fotball.no

Fordeling mellom lokalt utviklede og frie spillere i spillertroppen

Spillertroppen kan inneholde maksimum 25 spillere. Antall lokalt utviklede spillere i sesongen 2019 skal være 16 der minst 2 av disse skal være klubbutviklet. Dette betyr at 16 plasser er forbeholdt lokalt utviklede spillere, derav 2 plasser er forbeholdt klubbutviklede spillere. Hvis en klubb f.eks. ikke har noen klubbutviklede spillere så vil konsekvensen dermed være at klubben maksimalt kan ha 23 spillere i troppen.

Klubbutviklet spiller

En klubbutviklet spiller er en spiller, som uavhengig av nasjonalitet og alder, har vært registrert for sin nåværende klubb i minimum 3 hele kampsesonger eller totalt 36 måneder i perioden fra 1.januar sesongen spilleren fylte 12 år til 31.desember sesongen spilleren fylte 21 år.

Forbundsutviklet spiller

En forbundsutviklet spiller er en spiller, som uavhengig av nasjonalitet og alder, har vært registrert for norsk(e) klubb(er) i minimum 3 hele kampsesonger eller totalt 36 måneder i perioden fra 1.januar sesongen spilleren fylte 12 år til 31.desember sesongen spilleren fylte 21 år. Kampsesong defineres fra tidspunkt for første offisielle kamp i den relevante nasjonale serie og slutter ved tidspunkt for siste offisielle kamp i samme serie.

Fri spiller

Spillere, som uavhengig av nasjonalitet eller alder, ikke oppfyller vilkårene til klubb- eller forbundsutviklet spiller skal regnes som «fri spiller».

Forsikring

Individuell forsikring må betales for alle spillere som meldes inn på spillerliste A og B uavhengig av om de benyttes på klubbens førstelag eller ikke.

Spilleberettigelse

En spiller som ikke faller inn under bestemmelsene i Kampreglementets §2-4 om lokalt utviklede spillere, vil ikke være spilleberettiget etter §2-1 e. Bruk av ikke spilleberettiget spiller vil kunne føre til sanksjonering.

Forholdet til UEFAs klubbturneringer

Klubber som skal delta i UEFAs klubbturneringer (Champions League, Europa League) skal delta på de premisser som UEFA fastsetter, jfr. de til enhver tid gjeldende turneringsbestemmelser fra UEFA. NFFs og UEFAs modell bygger på de samme prinsippene (jfr. definisjoner av klubbutviklet og forbundsutviklet), men modellene har avvik i forhold til innhold (jfr. antall klubbutviklede og forbundsutviklede spillere, utlån av spillere og unge spillere).

Avvik mellom UEFA og NFFs bestemmelser

Klubbene må være spesielt oppmerksom på forskjellen mellom UEFA og NFF når de melder inn sine spillertropper til UEFA. For sesongen 2019/2020 vil kravet til LUS i UEFAs bestemmelser være 4 klubbutviklede + 4 forbundsutviklede spillere. NFF har vedtatt at ved utlån av spiller med profesjonell kontrakt, så vil klubben som låner ut spilleren få godskrevet den tiden spilleren har vært utlånt ved vurderingen av om spilleren er klubbutviklet. I UEFA-sammenheng vil imidlertid dette utlånet godskrives den klubb hvor spiller er lånt ut til. Den norske LUS-bestemmelsen benytter aldersintervallet 12 til 21 år for å definere om spiller oppfyller vilkårene for å være lokalt utviklet. UEFA benytter aldersintervallet 15 til 21 år.

So to summarize:

1. A-list: Max squad size of 25, minimum 20. Only for professional footballers. Of those 2 need to be "club developed" and a total of 16 need to be "country developed", so a maximum of 9 non "country developed" players in the squad at any time. This preliminary list should be sent to the FA March 1st.

2. The definition of "club developed" is a player that has been registered to a club for a total of 3 whole season OR 36 months between January 1st of the year the player turned 12 until December 31st the year the player turns 21. A "season" is here defined as from the first official match starts until the last official match is done. Do also note that even if the player is out on loan at another club the time for club develped is still counted towards the the club that own the players contract, not the club the player is loaned out to. This differs from the UEFA rules.

3. The definition of "country developed" is the same as "club developed" just to another club within Norway. Also the same rules for loans.

4. The B-list. In addition to the points above, Norwegian clubs have a "B-list". This is for non-professional players. The players need to be aged 14 or older for goalkeepers, for outfielders they need to be under 19 at January 1st. This list can contain 5 players at any time, but one slot is designated for a goalkeeper. This list is set and cannot be changed. These players can be in the match squad up to 3 times (no matter if they play or not). They will not be eligible for a match day squad until they are offered a professional contract and added to the 'A-list" after the 3 match involvement.

5. The A-list can be changed for every game, but at least 4 hours before the match starts and at the latest Friday 15:00 before the match if in a weekend. If the list is changed after that, the club will be fined 5k NOK.

So the only list that cannot be changed are the (up to) 5 players at the B-list. The A-list can be changed at any time as long as the list is between 20 and 25 players.

For the tiers below, I couldn't find similar documentation, but I would assume it's the same except that at some level professional turns to semi-professional. For 4th tier and below I would expect most to be amateurs, but those are not represented in the game as playable at any rate.

For simplicity, the B-list could be excluded from the rules, I suppose, but add that amateur players can only fixture in 3 matches before needing a pro/semi-pro contract or something similar? But the squad should be possible to change at any time during the season and amateur players do not need to be registered I think would be the correct way to handle it should the A-list/B-list not be possible to implement.

Edited by XaW

On 09/12/2019 at 15:42, Christopher Lewis said:

We set these numbers based on the HR guidance. 

I have no idea who's making "HR guidelines", or what "HR" is. But something should be done to your team since this has been reported for years and isn't changed.

HR = Head Researcher I guess. But you are correct, this has not been touched upon in years, so this is simply not good enough.

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 00:32, oddspam said:

I have no idea who's making "HR guidelines", or what "HR" is. But something should be done to your team since this has been reported for years and isn't changed.

HR in this instance is Head Researcher. Sorry should have been clearer with that. 

@Christopher Lewis: Could you have the HR take a look at my post above? Feel free to disagree, but I would appreciate any explanation as to why the rules posted by the NFF (Norwegain FA) are not followed. Especially point 5:

On 10/12/2019 at 09:12, XaW said:

5. The A-list can be changed for every game, but at least 4 hours before the match starts and at the latest Friday 15:00 before the match if in a weekend. If the list is changed after that, the club will be fined 5k NOK.

Registration bug for one club has somehow allowed them to have too many players from outside of Norway.
Just found this in one club.

Is there something I am missing?

Rbk bug.jpg

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:28, Thomase90 said:

Registration bug for one club has somehow allowed them to have too many players from outside of Norway.
Just found this in one club.

Is there something I am missing?

Rbk bug.jpg

We've found an issue in a different competition of a team just ignoring the rules but not in Norway. Could you upload the save game to the cloud? Ideally one before the registration date? Thanks. 

On 31/12/2019 at 21:48, XaW said:

@Christopher Lewis: Could you have the HR take a look at my post above? Feel free to disagree, but I would appreciate any explanation as to why the rules posted by the NFF (Norwegain FA) are not followed. Especially point 5:

Can we get a response from HR @LarsC (?) if something is being done with this. I feel we need to be more vocal about this, or we will have yet another year with nothing being done.

As @XaW suggests, a rule change where:

" 5. The A-list can be changed for every game, but at least 4 hours before the match starts and at the latest Friday 15:00 before the match if in a weekend. If the list is changed after that, the club will be fined 5k NOK. " 

Thats how the official rules are handled, as described here: https://www.fotball.no/globalassets/regler-og-retningslinjer/turneringsbestemmelser/turneringsbestemmelser-eliteserien.pdf

This rule seems to apply to homegrown and club developed players.

Fri-spillere / foreign players are another matter:

According to https://www.fotball.no/globalassets/regler-og-retningslinjer/turneringsbestemmelser/turneringsbestemmelser-obos-ligaen.pdf

"Etter reduksjonen av antall «fri-spillere» i spillertroppen fra 11 til 9 ble det for sesongen 2011 innført en overgangsordning der det var mulig å «rullere» på «fri-spillere» utenfor overgangsvinduet.Denne ble fjernet fra sesongen 2012 og det var ikke lenger mulig å «rullere» på fri-spillere utenfor overgangsvinduet. Dvs. at hvis en klubb har maks kvote på 9 fri-spillere når overgangsvinduet stenger så kan ikke en fri-spiller meldes ut og erstattes med en ny fri-spiller før tidligst i neste overgangsvindu."

This rule seems to still be in effect, so that means you can only register a maximum of 9 foreign players at the transfer windows. They are not changeable between transfer windows.

Edited by Grobbel

Based on what @Grobbel wrote, and if it's hard to implement the "only change foreign players during transfer window while local players can at any time" logic, then perhaps it would be easier to remove the squad registration and keep a "max foreign players used" counter? IE a team can use at most 9 foreign players for each half of the season and that counter will reset at the transfer window?

I've had issues with this in my games, since if you get quite a few injuries or international callups you are not able to swap out players for a B-team player or a youth player to fill out the bench as the team would do in real life.

Playing in the Norwegian league system is really hampered by this restrictions on local and youth players. Any feedback @LarsC / @Christopher Lewis?

I forgot to change to English language before taking screenshots, but guess the point should still be clear...

Why can we pick 3rd division in Norway in save setup, but we can not manage teams in the 3rd division? When you come to team selection the 3rd division is greyed out, and you can also not take over a team in 3rd division in a save(like journeyman)

20200119185004_1.jpg

20200119185112_1.jpg

On 15/01/2020 at 08:05, XaW said:

Based on what @Grobbel wrote, and if it's hard to implement the "only change foreign players during transfer window while local players can at any time" logic, then perhaps it would be easier to remove the squad registration and keep a "max foreign players used" counter? IE a team can use at most 9 foreign players for each half of the season and that counter will reset at the transfer window?

I've had issues with this in my games, since if you get quite a few injuries or international callups you are not able to swap out players for a B-team player or a youth player to fill out the bench as the team would do in real life.

Playing in the Norwegian league system is really hampered by this restrictions on local and youth players. Any feedback @LarsC / @Christopher Lewis?

Regarding the squads being changeable, we do have this under review internally to allow them to be changeable throughout the season (as long as any individual squad registered is adhering to the foreign limits).

28 minutes ago, Freddie Sands said:

Regarding the squads being changeable, we do have this under review internally to allow them to be changeable throughout the season (as long as any individual squad registered is adhering to the foreign limits).

Great! Thanks for this! :thup:

It will make the Norwegian leagues much more enjoyable.

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know/can check if the proposed changes to the Norwegian league was implemented in the 20.4.0 patch? Cheers.

Edited by Grobbel

I have noticed a massive bug on my Strømsgodsetsave which I started with on the new patch, if that makes any difference. All the AI-teams have a handful of players on loan, players that makes their teams way better, but they dont register them to to play in the ES. And I have chatted with a handful of other FM-players who have encountered the same problem. So I will say thats a massive bug I will very much like someone to check out. Ill just leave a SS of RBK who have Viktor Gyökeres on loan from Brighton but aint got him registered. Got more evidence than this one one obvs

Bug.png

16 hours ago, Sejad said:

I have noticed a massive bug on my Strømsgodsetsave which I started with on the new patch, if that makes any difference. All the AI-teams have a handful of players on loan, players that makes their teams way better, but they dont register them to to play in the ES. And I have chatted with a handful of other FM-players who have encountered the same problem. So I will say thats a massive bug I will very much like someone to check out. Ill just leave a SS of RBK who have Viktor Gyökeres on loan from Brighton but aint got him registered. Got more evidence than this one one obvs

Bug.png

Thanks for this - I've added it to be reviewed by the Transfers Team. 

My apologies for this shameless doublepost, I posted this is technical issues and game crashes bug forums but I'm not sure if those readers have anything to do with this bug

I can't make first team players available for 2nd team if they have a match on the same day:
https://community.sigames.com/topic/517251-cant-make-1st-teamers-available-for-2nd-team-when-match-on-same-date/?tab=comments#comment-12342334

This is a game breaking bug IMO, when my 1st and 2nd teams have a match on the same date I cant set the players not involved in the first team match as available for 2nd team, there's an Ine - "already involved in other match today" coming up no matter whether the player is in the line up or on the bench for the 1st team, or not selected for the first team at all.

I have to move him to 2nd team squad for him to be able to play the match, which causes problems both with mentoring groups (the player disappears from a group when he is no longer in the 1st team)
And he becomes really angry for being moved to the 2nd team, when he doesnt seem to mind playing games for the 2nd team when still being in the first team squad.

I thought it might be because I added a couple players in the editor and did some transfer updates myself but even when starting a new game (with no editor files added) the problem is still there.

Should I upload my save game file or is this a known problem? I'm using the 20.4 latest winter update.

1.thumb.jpg.30038aea5ebf5cd687c6f108ba95a2a1.jpg2.thumb.jpg.745a563c70ba9278ec073db43a045e46.jpg3.thumb.jpg.d813e58a06270d2c3cd46a72bbc6fb0c.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 18/03/2020 at 13:06, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks for this - I've added it to be reviewed by the Transfers Team. 

I have the same problem on the 20.4 version of the game, its not consistent here, some teams register the players they loan from my club, but some don't. Its impossible to know which clubs will register (and therefore use) the players I loan out, even if they are loaned as First choice GK they dont get registered, the AI uses a greyed out player instead of the one they loaned off me and promised as 1st choice.

EDIT: this is just getting weirder by the moment, Sandefjord now for some reason have 26 of a possible 25 registered, and the worst part is that when I complain to their manager he says my goalie IS playing??

weird.thumb.jpg.e3405b5446a6994fc219fd442b3767d7.jpg

wtf.thumb.jpg.3ad986f2c9899de2b64259fddf19da1b.jpg

Edited by zindrinho
I have to admit its getting weirder, its getting weirder all the time..

On 26/03/2020 at 20:06, zindrinho said:

My apologies for this shameless doublepost, I posted this is technical issues and game crashes bug forums but I'm not sure if those readers have anything to do with this bug

I can't make first team players available for 2nd team if they have a match on the same day:
https://community.sigames.com/topic/517251-cant-make-1st-teamers-available-for-2nd-team-when-match-on-same-date/?tab=comments#comment-12342334

This is a game breaking bug IMO, when my 1st and 2nd teams have a match on the same date I cant set the players not involved in the first team match as available for 2nd team, there's an Ine - "already involved in other match today" coming up no matter whether the player is in the line up or on the bench for the 1st team, or not selected for the first team at all.

I have to move him to 2nd team squad for him to be able to play the match, which causes problems both with mentoring groups (the player disappears from a group when he is no longer in the 1st team)
And he becomes really angry for being moved to the 2nd team, when he doesnt seem to mind playing games for the 2nd team when still being in the first team squad.

I thought it might be because I added a couple players in the editor and did some transfer updates myself but even when starting a new game (with no editor files added) the problem is still there.

Should I upload my save game file or is this a known problem? I'm using the 20.4 latest winter update.

Hi zindrinho, I've grabbed the save you uploaded in the other thread and reproduced the issue internally. Thanks for raising this, I've logged this as a bug internally to be investigated.

Okay so I have tested out the game with the new patch, and you can now finally re-register players at any time during the season, fantastic!

However, there are some problems:

1) There should be a maximum of 9 foreign (non national, not club players) players that you register. At the start of the season and the usual registration widows during transfer windows. This is not included in the game right now.

2) Players that you can rotate become unhappy if they are dropped from the squad. The players don't seem to take into account that they can re-registered at any time. So if my main goalie gets a long term injury, and I unregister him and register a goalie from the reserve team, its big time drama!

So what I would like to see in a future patch:

-Introduce registration of foreign players, that can only be registered at the start of season and at transfer windows.

-Fix the unhappiness problem or implement a larger max squad size to simulate the ability to rotate players.

Comments, thoughts?

2 hours ago, Grobbel said:

Okay so I have tested out the game with the new patch, and you can now finally re-register players at any time during the season, fantastic!

However, there are some problems:

1) There should be a maximum of 9 foreign (non national, not club players) players that you register. At the start of the season and the usual registration widows during transfer windows. This is not included in the game right now.

2) Players that you can rotate become unhappy if they are dropped from the squad. The players don't seem to take into account that they can re-registered at any time. So if my main goalie gets a long term injury, and I unregister him and register a goalie from the reserve team, its big time drama!

So what I would like to see in a future patch:

-Introduce registration of foreign players, that can only be registered at the start of season and at transfer windows.

-Fix the unhappiness problem or implement a larger max squad size to simulate the ability to rotate players.

Comments, thoughts?

Could you please provide to a source for the foreign rules for the Norwegian Premier Division? This will help us have a source to log this as something which we will track. In terms of the second one, this is something which should be logged separately in the Dynamics and Interaction forum attached below as this is not an issue which concerns the league itself, as it is to do with player happiness.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/744-dynamics-interaction-and-playing-time/ 

10 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Could you please provide to a source for the foreign rules for the Norwegian Premier Division? This will help us have a source to log this as something which we will track. In terms of the second one, this is something which should be logged separately in the Dynamics and Interaction forum attached below as this is not an issue which concerns the league itself, as it is to do with player happiness.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/744-dynamics-interaction-and-playing-time/ 

From here: https://www.fotball.no/globalassets/regler-og-retningslinjer/turneringsbestemmelser/turneringsbestemmelser-eliteserien.pdf

Check out page 34 and 35:

Max squad size: 25, Min Squad Size: 20

Min players developed in nation: 16

Min players devleoped in club: 2

All of this is correctly in the game right now :)

On page 34:

Etter reduksjonen av antall «fri-spillere» i spillertroppen fra 11 til 9 ble det for sesongen 2011 innført en overgangsordning der det var mulig å «rullere» på «fri-spillere» utenfor overgangsvinduet.Denne ble fjernet fra sesongen 2012 og det var ikke lenger mulig å «rullere» på fri-spillere utenfor overgangsvinduet. Dvs. at hvis en klubb har maks kvote på 9 fri-spillere når overgangsvinduet stenger så kan ikke en fri-spiller meldes ut og erstattes med en ny fri-spiller før tidligst i neste overgangsvindu.

After 2011 the number of "free players" was reduced from 11 to 9. After 2012 it was no longer possible to rotate "free players" between transfer windows.

Transfer window in Norway 2020, also correctly in the game:

https://www.fotball.no/lov-og-reglement/overganger/

9th january - 1. april (midnight) and 1st of august -31st of august

I hope this bug of AI not registering the loan players they have brought in can be fixed soon, because the Norwegian league is unplayable right now!

One thing I found curious on my save was that when I moved players to my feeder club Åsane, the AI registered the player instantly. But when I did the same thing and moved a player to feeder club Øygarden, then the AI did not register the player - in fact Øygarden only chose to register 12 players for the season. The major difference between Åsane and Øygarden is that the latter is a newstart club with far less homegrown players. So the bug might be correlated to how the AI incorrectly counts the homegrown criteria. Still, it made no sense why Øygarden did not register the loan player I sent them, because they still would have been within the squad registration criteria.

11 hours ago, Grobbel said:

From here: https://www.fotball.no/globalassets/regler-og-retningslinjer/turneringsbestemmelser/turneringsbestemmelser-eliteserien.pdf

Check out page 34 and 35:

Max squad size: 25, Min Squad Size: 20

Min players developed in nation: 16

Min players devleoped in club: 2

All of this is correctly in the game right now :)

On page 34:

Etter reduksjonen av antall «fri-spillere» i spillertroppen fra 11 til 9 ble det for sesongen 2011 innført en overgangsordning der det var mulig å «rullere» på «fri-spillere» utenfor overgangsvinduet.Denne ble fjernet fra sesongen 2012 og det var ikke lenger mulig å «rullere» på fri-spillere utenfor overgangsvinduet. Dvs. at hvis en klubb har maks kvote på 9 fri-spillere når overgangsvinduet stenger så kan ikke en fri-spiller meldes ut og erstattes med en ny fri-spiller før tidligst i neste overgangsvindu.

After 2011 the number of "free players" was reduced from 11 to 9. After 2012 it was no longer possible to rotate "free players" between transfer windows.

Transfer window in Norway 2020, also correctly in the game:

https://www.fotball.no/lov-og-reglement/overganger/

9th january - 1. april (midnight) and 1st of august -31st of august

What is defined by a 'free' player in this scenario? How does this relate to the foreign player limit you mentioned previously?

4 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

What is defined by a 'free' player in this scenario? How does this relate to the foreign player limit you mentioned previously?

Fri-spillere / free players are players that are neither HGN (Homegrown player from same nation as club) or HGC (Home-grown player at club). So this would typically be any player from abroad that has no history playing in Norway, or haven't played there long enough to qualify as HGN or HGC assuming they are eligible before the age of 21.

Posted (edited)

I think there is a problem with the cup final in Norway. I have been in the cup final 2 times now and both times the attendance has been around 9k and 12k (with around 3-5k from the "away" team). But in reality it is always at max capacity at the cup final in Norway and it is split 50/50 ish between home and away team. It's the biggest game in Norway, and have a history similar to the FA cup in England.

Edited by johaN'