Sports Interactive Community
Dan Ormsby

[Mexico] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Mexico competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Mexico should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

I can't claim to be super familiar with the Mexican leagues but this seems wrong to me...

The league isn't loaded in this save (not sure if this will happen if loaded). This issue also showing up on the winning clubs' history pages. (Giving the closing stage winners an extra title they shouldn't have)

.20191101172604_1.thumb.jpg.c81a4ff821c41ab48f9b616436dd7f4d.jpg

I have checked Colombia which I knew also had two stage leagues and it was fine...

On 01/11/2019 at 06:30, dpt8544 said:

I can't claim to be super familiar with the Mexican leagues but this seems wrong to me...

The league isn't loaded in this save (not sure if this will happen if loaded). This issue also showing up on the winning clubs' history pages. (Giving the closing stage winners an extra title they shouldn't have)

.20191101172604_1.thumb.jpg.c81a4ff821c41ab48f9b616436dd7f4d.jpg

I have checked Colombia which I knew also had two stage leagues and it was fine...

Thanks @dpt8544 - This is under review. Weirdly it didn't repeat when I had Mexico as an active nation. 

4 minutes ago, Im not Mozzer said:

Managing Dorados in the Torneo Apertura and somehow I'm on 37 points after 13 games despite league rules telling me it's 3 for a win and one for a draw 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CManny99/status/1196511186386407427/photo/1

Its 4 points for an away win in the Mexican second tier.  Will log that the rules page needs to be updated.  Thanks.

En 18/11/2019 a las 12:38, Im not Mozzer dijo:

Managing Dorados in the Torneo Apertura and somehow I'm on 37 points after 13 games despite league rules telling me it's 3 for a win and one for a draw 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CManny99/status/1196511186386407427/photo/1

In the Mexican Promotion League this season, teams are given four points if they win any of their first six away games. This rule is established here (Article 12, page 9).

Glad to see you playing with Dorados. Hope you like it!

Interesting - had no idea!

I'm managing blind as to most of the players but managed to win the Apertura. Had never heard of Dorados (had heard of Sinaloa obviously) before watching the Maradona documentary on Netflix.

Been looking for some Dorados merch around, but there's nothing available it seems.

Hello Team, 

I found two bugs in the promotion league:

I was playing the semifinals of the closure season and the first bug was the venue designation:

As you can see i finished the season in the first place so based on the tournament rules i skip the quarter finals and played directly the semifinal

image.thumb.png.aea3fbf3dbffd8c2c5e91b2e5ddefefb.png

But my first surprise was i play the first game as a Home instead of AWAY

image.thumb.png.0967769ec5be4b7f05b761eba312384b.png

now let's go to the second bug this was more critical:

We have both games and the overall score was 1-1 so based on the rules i suppose to advance because of my position

image.thumb.png.29ff53804ae319af43018ef236a96c04.png

But not :( i was eliminated :(

image.thumb.png.0de18ae7ebdc5747b3199ab45831ada0.png

I have the saved game if you need it please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards!!

En 28/11/2019 a las 13:41, javier_83 dijo:

Hello Team, 

I found two bugs in the promotion league:

I was playing the semifinals of the closure season and the first bug was the venue designation:

As you can see i finished the season in the first place so based on the tournament rules i skip the quarter finals and played directly the semifinal

image.thumb.png.aea3fbf3dbffd8c2c5e91b2e5ddefefb.png

But my first surprise was i play the first game as a Home instead of AWAY

image.thumb.png.0967769ec5be4b7f05b761eba312384b.png

now let's go to the second bug this was more critical:

We have both games and the overall score was 1-1 so based on the rules i suppose to advance because of my position

image.thumb.png.29ff53804ae319af43018ef236a96c04.png

But not :( i was eliminated :(

image.thumb.png.0de18ae7ebdc5747b3199ab45831ada0.png

I have the saved game if you need it please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards!!

EDIT: Just noticed you was taken 3 points for the minors rule. You are ok. The bug you reported is very strange indeed, can it be related to the overall performance, adding Opening Stage (Apertura) points?

Edited by gtstarter93
Noticed three points rule

1 hour ago, gtstarter93 said:

EDIT: Just noticed you was taken 3 points for the minors rule. You are ok. The bug you reported is very strange indeed, can it be related to the overall performance, adding Opening Stage (Apertura) points?

it seems that..

On 29/11/2019 at 15:38, javier_83 said:

Yes i have, it's attached here.

Regards!!

WrongPlayoff_Venue.fm 117.81 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks @javier_83 - I think the 2 bugs are linked. I think (and I'm not a coder) that the Mexican Promotion Playoff doesn't quite seed the League stage winner correctly. The league winner seems to pick up the lowest seeding, hence why they play away first and why they get eliminated incorrectly. 

6 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Thanks @javier_83 - I think the 2 bugs are linked. I think (and I'm not a coder) that the Mexican Promotion Playoff doesn't quite seed the League stage winner correctly. The league winner seems to pick up the lowest seeding, hence why they play away first and why they get eliminated incorrectly. 

yeah it seem that way or maybe the average points table

Not sure about the TV money in the real life in Mexico but my U20 team received higher amount of money for the TV rights than my first team in the Mexican top tier.

First team:

image.thumb.png.abf25ff8cd00e27e5a5b15c9797efa75.png

U20:

image.thumb.png.efb61dc25d211856315a85bc597fec5e.png

And both team received the same amount of money - €1.25M for participating in competitions.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 20:59, keysi said:

Not sure about the TV money in the real life in Mexico but my U20 team received higher amount of money for the TV rights than my first team in the Mexican top tier.

First team:

image.thumb.png.abf25ff8cd00e27e5a5b15c9797efa75.png

U20:

image.thumb.png.efb61dc25d211856315a85bc597fec5e.png

And both team received the same amount of money - €1.25M for participating in competitions.

On the surface that doesn't seem right. Could you upload the save game? Just need to check the dates you received those inboxes as it's not been repeating for me. Cheers. 

There should be Ondrej Rensie - Celaya.fm save uploaded in the ownCloud from last Friday when I reported something different.

But I'm not sure if these messages will be here as it's saved around the end of August and those inboxes were received at the beginning of June I would say.

I just uploaded other save, it's from the end of the 2020/2021 season in July 2021 so probably only two or three weeks before those inboxes.

Ondrej Rensie - Celaya 6-2021.fm

18 hours ago, keysi said:

There should be Ondrej Rensie - Celaya.fm save uploaded in the ownCloud from last Friday when I reported something different.

But I'm not sure if these messages will be here as it's saved around the end of August and those inboxes were received at the beginning of June I would say.

I just uploaded other save, it's from the end of the 2020/2021 season in July 2021 so probably only two or three weeks before those inboxes.

Ondrej Rensie - Celaya 6-2021.fm

Thanks for the save game - I've managed to get the same issue repeating in your save but not in mine on the same date which is kind of strange. It's under review. 

On 03/12/2019 at 09:11, Christopher Lewis said:

Possible too. It's logged anyway to be looked at. 

Is there any update on the play-off seeding bug? I’m getting to that time of year in my save! (If I finish top of the Apertura I will upload it, if helpful)

Apologies, as I rage quit after encounter this, so I don't have the save game at that point to upload. 

Managing in the Mexican 2nd division. Finished 1st in the aperatura. Played the SF against the team that finished 6th. 1st leg was a 2-0 win. 2nd leg was a 2-0 loss. I know Mexico uses the higher seed rather than pens. But after exiting the match, it said the 6th place team went through as the higher seed. Commence rage quit. 

16 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Apologies, as I rage quit after encounter this, so I don't have the save game at that point to upload. 

Managing in the Mexican 2nd division. Finished 1st in the aperatura. Played the SF against the team that finished 6th. 1st leg was a 2-0 win. 2nd leg was a 2-0 loss. I know Mexico uses the higher seed rather than pens. But after exiting the match, it said the 6th place team went through as the higher seed. Commence rage quit. 

Apologies for this.  This has been attended to by coders and the fix will be included in the next major update.

11 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Apologies for this.  This has been attended to by coders and the fix will be included in the next major update.

No need at all to apologize. Small bug in a weird spot. 

On 13/01/2020 at 13:40, Dan Ormsby said:

Great! Is this updated in the update that was just released? And will it affect existing saves?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, The Carnivorous Badger said:

Great! Is this updated in the update that was just released? And will it affect existing saves?

Thanks!

No, that was an update to the match engine only.  Major update to come at some point in the next few weeks.

Another issue I discovered - the Promotion Play Off (following the Clausera Final) is very poorly attended vs. the Clausera final. The first/home leg of the Clausera was full (25,000) and the promotion playoff was nearly empty (6,000). Worth a lot of money to a small club like mine ;) 

13 hours ago, The Carnivorous Badger said:

Another issue I discovered - the Promotion Play Off (following the Clausera Final) is very poorly attended vs. the Clausera final. The first/home leg of the Clausera was full (25,000) and the promotion playoff was nearly empty (6,000). Worth a lot of money to a small club like mine ;) 

This is an issue for the gameplay team, please post in the appropriate gameplay forum