Sports Interactive Community
Dan Ormsby

[Uruguay] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Uruguay competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Uruguay should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Hi, I found that in Uruguayan 1st Division there is a limit of 5 tranfers in one transfer window which is unreal, beacause in Uruguay that's unreal.

On 03/11/2019 at 18:23, LeoSomm said:

Hi, I found that in Uruguayan 1st Division there is a limit of 5 tranfers in one transfer window which is unreal, beacause in Uruguay that's unreal.

Thanks @LeoSomm - Just checked with the researcher who confirmed this rule has been removed 

hello, year 2021 the "intermedio uruguayo" doesnt do the final final stage fixture, the champions of each group never play the final match ,  i try to send te save file but the maxim size doesnt let me do it, sorry for my bad english

3 minutes ago, eldaymi said:

hello, year 2021 the "intermedio uruguayo" doesnt do the final final stage fixture, the champions of each group never play the final match ,  i try to send te save file but the maxim size doesnt let me do it, sorry for my bad english

sorry , i should wait , then it happens

Ok, this will be hard. First the league rules in Uruguay are pretty crazy and English is not my first language but lets try.

In Uruguay you have the league split up in 3 parts. You have the apertura (opening part) and clausura(finishing/last part). These two "leagues" is also added up to a total table where points from both apertura/clausura counts.  In between apertura/clausura you will play the Intermedio. Which is a cup with a group stage and. There are 2 groups made up of the 16 teams in the league and the 2 group winners go to a final who decides the winner of the cup. BUT the points you get in the group stage in the intermedio cup also adds up in the total table. 

So with the clausura/apertura you play 30 matches and 7 group matches in the intermedio which makes it to 37 matches in the TOTAL TABLE. 

So my point here is player stats. In the league overview in f.ex the top scorer list his goals for both the "normal" league games in apertura/clausura are counted but also in the intermedio. When you enter a players profile the intermedio matches/goals/assist are listed as cup matches which is correct and incorrect i think? And when you go into a players history to see goals/matches you will only get the stats from apertura/clausura. The stats from Intermedio dont count there, but it counts in the league stats. SO should it count in the players history?

I am not sure if anyone understood this, and if you did. Is this a bug? Is this correct? It is pretty hard to know. So if anyone has a idea please comment so maybe SI can change it:) 

Also in Brazil where they have theyre normal league play, they also do have before the season start a "local" championship cup tournament but those stats count towards the players history. 

Skjermbilde 2019-11-15 kl. 23.16.13.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-15 kl. 23.06.04.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-15 kl. 23.05.54.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-15 kl. 23.17.34.png

Edited by Llainen

The scheduling for the Intermedio seems a bit off. The last game of the groups is always a week too late and causes the final to also be late

20191116082018_1.jpg

There is also something wrong with the league system. In this case Denfesor Sporting won the apertura and the total table while Nacional won the Clausura. 

Then they are playing the play--off to see who goes to the final. But in real life this would ofcourse not happen since they would go straight to the champions final which makes sense. So SI this is a bug.

Of course if one team won the apertura, a different team won the clausura and then a third team won the total table, then there would have been a play-off between the apertura and clausura winner to see who will play the total table winner in the champions final:) Please fix this:) And if it will be fixed, will it work on a save that is already started? 

Skjermbilde 2019-11-16 kl. 12.42.16.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-16 kl. 12.42.11.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-16 kl. 12.42.07.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-16 kl. 12.42.03.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-16 kl. 12.41.56.png

Ok one more thing you need to look into. 

Ok, this will be hard. First the league rules in Uruguay are pretty crazy and English is not my first language but lets try.

In Uruguay you have the league split up in 3 parts. You have the apertura (opening part) and clausura(finishing/last part). These two "leagues" is also added up to a total table where points from both apertura/clausura counts.  In between apertura/clausura you will play the Intermedio. Which is a cup with a group stage and. There are 2 groups made up of the 16 teams in the league and the 2 group winners go to a final who decides the winner of the cup. BUT the points you get in the group stage in the intermedio cup also adds up in the total table. 

So with the clausura/apertura you play 30 matches and 7 group matches in the intermedio which makes it to 37 matches in the TOTAL TABLE. 

So my point here is player stats. In the league overview in f.ex the top scorer list his goals for both the "normal" league games in apertura/clausura are counted but also in the intermedio. When you enter a players profile the intermedio matches/goals/assist are listed as cup matches which is correct and incorrect i think? And when you go into a players history to see goals/matches you will only get the stats from apertura/clausura. The stats from Intermedio dont count there, but it counts in the league stats. SO should it count in the players history?

I am not sure if anyone understood this, and if you did. Is this a bug? Is this correct? It is pretty hard to know. So if anyone has a idea please comment so maybe SI can change it:) 

Also in Brazil where they have theyre normal league play, they also do have before the season start a "local" championship cup tournament but those stats count towards the players history. 

Skjermbilde 2019-11-15 kl. 23.17.34.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-15 kl. 23.16.13.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-15 kl. 23.06.04.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-15 kl. 23.05.54.png

On 13/11/2019 at 15:30, eldaymi said:

sorry , i should wait , then it happens

they played the match or not ? And have you had any Youth intakes during your save ??

Edited by Llainen

Have anyone here played in Uruguay yet? I have played over one season now and still has not have had a Youth intake for the year..

On 16/11/2019 at 11:47, Llainen said:

There is also something wrong with the league system. In this case Denfesor Sporting won the apertura and the total table while Nacional won the Clausura. 

Then they are playing the play--off to see who goes to the final. But in real life this would ofcourse not happen since they would go straight to the champions final which makes sense. So SI this is a bug.

Of course if one team won the apertura, a different team won the clausura and then a third team won the total table, then there would have been a play-off between the apertura and clausura winner to see who will play the total table winner in the champions final:) Please fix this:) And if it will be fixed, will it work on a save that is already started? 

Skjermbilde 2019-11-16 kl. 12.42.16.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-16 kl. 12.42.11.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-16 kl. 12.42.07.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-16 kl. 12.42.03.png

Skjermbilde 2019-11-16 kl. 12.41.56.png

Hey - Do you have the save game with this happening? Would like to take a look soon. Thanks. 

I also think I understand what you are trying to say with the player stats - I'll use your save to check. Your English was really good too. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey - Do you have the save game with this happening? Would like to take a look soon. Thanks. 

I also think I understand what you are trying to say with the player stats - I'll use your save to check. Your English was really good too. 

The save game is uploaded in your "ownCloud" under this name:) Also if this gets a fix, will it work in a save in progress or do i have to start a new save you think? Thanks:)

Btw, this is a different save then what the screenshots are. But here i won the clausura and the total table so the point is the same:) Should not be necessary to play the division play off. 

Nacional Sports Interactive upload.fm

Edited by Llainen

That is not a bug. The first play-off is between the Apertura and Clausura champions. If Defensor wins that, they're champions, if Nacional wins it then you have the 2-legged final for the Uruguayan Championship. It's in the rules.

The Intermedio scheduling though is just as bad as it was in the alpha. It was never fixed. The seven matches are played in 2-3 weeks, whilst in real life they were played in over a month. We're getting as much as three matches in one week, which is nonsense considering that then we have to wait almost two full months for the Clausura stage to start.

7 minutes ago, Laurefinwe said:

That is not a bug. The first play-off is between the Apertura and Clausura champions. If Defensor wins that, they're champions, if Nacional wins it then you have the 2-legged final for the Uruguayan Championship. It's in the rules.

The Intermedio scheduling though is just as bad as it was in the alpha. It was never fixed. The seven matches are played in 2-3 weeks, whilst in real life they were played in over a month. We're getting as much as three matches in one week, which is nonsense considering that then we have to wait almost two full months for the Clausura stage to start.

aaa so if Defensor wins the total table and apaertura or clausura and then win the first play off they are the champions because they won both apertura/clausura and total table? Yep intermedio are played with little to none break, had 4 games in 8 days this season.. What do you think about what i mentioned earlier about the stats ?

Skjermbilde 2019-11-23 kl. 00.28.24.png

Edited by Llainen

On 22/11/2019 at 20:25, Llainen said:

aaa so if Defensor wins the total table and apaertura or clausura and then win the first play off they are the champions because they won both apertura/clausura and total table? Yep intermedio are played with little to none break, had 4 games in 8 days this season.. What do you think about what i mentioned earlier about the stats ?

Skjermbilde 2019-11-23 kl. 00.28.24.png

Indeed, that's the way the championship's defined when a team wins one of the short tournaments and the Overall table.

About the stats, I know it's tough to implement given how the game so far takes into account the competitions. If you asked me, I wouldn't treat the Intermedio as a cup, but rather as another short tournament towards the Campeonato Uruguayo. That has severe complications, not only because it gives a spot in the Sudamericana (being a cup-like competition as such), but because in real life it is - for some unfathomable reason - treated by Uruguayan managers as a less-important-cup. Ask @Kaniko Ramone about how many youngsters have had their debut in the Intermedio in the last two years and you'd be baffled by how little respect managers in Uruguay have for it.

The Intermedio scheduling in the game however is just nonsense. The whole purpose of the competition was to give clubs matches to play during the Southern winter. Having to play all 7 games in 2-3 weeks to then have 2 months of NOTHING is just stupid. This was reported in the alpha, though...

This is my schedule, by the way. With a Sudamericana clash in the middle:

intermedio.jpg

Edited by Laurefinwe
screenshot

A couple of things more:

There's no celebration scene after winning the First Division, even if you win it in the play-offs.

In real life, the First Division does not stop when there's an international break, because almost no players from the competition get called to the national team (only three have been called for international duty in 2019, for example: González and Viña to Uruguay, Bravo to Chile).

23 hours ago, Laurefinwe said:

A couple of things more:

There's no celebration scene after winning the First Division, even if you win it in the play-offs.

In real life, the First Division does not stop when there's an international break, because almost no players from the competition get called to the national team (only three have been called for international duty in 2019, for example: González and Viña to Uruguay, Bravo to Chile).

Do you have a save just before the playoff final? I know there was a couple of issues with the celebration not appearing. 

Hey Cristopher. I didn't have a save, so I'm advancing the current season to check it again. Will upload the save as soon as I get to the finals.

1 hour ago, Laurefinwe said:

Hey Cristopher. I didn't have a save, so I'm advancing the current season to check it again. Will upload the save as soon as I get to the finals.

Thanks - If I've got time later I'll try and see if I can reproduce this too.