Sports Interactive Community
Dan Ormsby

[South Africa] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for South Africa competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for South Africa should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Hey,

Almost 99.999% sure this is a bug but if anyone has knowledge of the South African leagues they may be able to answer.

Why or how are Bidvist Wits in both the ABSA Prem & GladAfrica Championship?

Cape Umoya Utd were GA championship winners the season before and so should be in the prem, instead they aren't in any league this season.

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (46).png

Screenshot (44).png

15 hours ago, Ultras500 said:

Hey,

Almost 99.999% sure this is a bug but if anyone has knowledge of the South African leagues they may be able to answer.

Why or how are Bidvist Wits in both the ABSA Prem & GladAfrica Championship?

Cape Umoya Utd were GA championship winners the season before and so should be in the prem, instead they aren't in any league this season.

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (46).png

Screenshot (44).png

This will be due to the additional leagues you have added most likely. Can you please outline what changes you have made in this save file? Do you have a save file before the 2020/21 season concludes? This seems to be where a lot of clubs start to have issues in your save. 

I have downloaded Timo's league megapack. Only using the one save and its 2025. Looking a bit further into it and it seems the South African leagues are completely skipping every other year.

1 hour ago, Ultras500 said:

I have downloaded Timo's league megapack. Only using the one save and its 2025. Looking a bit further into it and it seems the South African leagues are completely skipping every other year.

This is a third party add-on so it seems very likely that there is an error in the setup.  This issue is not reproducing in the default DBs.

Is this how busy the schedule should be in South Africa or is something wrong here? I've got 12 games in 29 days in December and I'm now about to play 4 games in 8 days after just finishing the exact same run 3 days ago. I made it to the final of the MTN 8, the final of the Telkom Knockout and I'm in the Confederations Cup but this strikes me as a bit mental. There's no add-ons or db files used, just the real names fix with some logo, stadium and facepacks.

image.thumb.png.6872cc6670ea4b3a0d8e02080bde17dc.png

This is just because of the amount of competitions in South Africa, where there is a build up of fixtures around the same amount of time. This does seem like a rather intense schedule so we'll look into it further and confirm it's valid, however it does seem that it's due to the fact that there are a lot of competitions which all play fixtures around December in South Africa.

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. In the three seasons I've had Ajax CT in the Premiership there have been extended periods without league games that didn' tappear to happen in real life this past season. Mamelodi Sundowns had an understandably busy season, but there were no extended gaps between league fixtures. I didn't experience the same issue in the season the club was in the First Division. The only editor files active are real name fixes.

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 4.41.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 4.41.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 4.42.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 4.42.39 PM.png

Edited by EmperorRimbaud