Sports Interactive Community
Dan Ormsby

[Malaysia] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Malaysia competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Malaysia should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Hi,

just wondering, can someone take a look at the Malaysian league foreign players rule. The foreign players quota for the 1st division, the Malaysian Super League is incorrect.  The correct quota is 5 foreign players in the league, 3 players from any country + 1 player from Asian countries + 1 player from Southeast Asian countries. 
Thanks. 

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/isl-foreign-player-quota-afc-india-football-asian-leagues/z9lv70k3cfuk1q6ai4wx8ilt2

1701563489_Screenshot(23).png.b3604e93e76047937e89c6470ed9ba46.png

On 06/12/2019 at 03:55, Rhaegon said:

Hi,

just wondering, can someone take a look at the Malaysian league foreign players rule. The foreign players quota for the 1st division, the Malaysian Super League is incorrect.  The correct quota is 5 foreign players in the league, 3 players from any country + 1 player from Asian countries + 1 player from Southeast Asian countries. 
Thanks. 

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/isl-foreign-player-quota-afc-india-football-asian-leagues/z9lv70k3cfuk1q6ai4wx8ilt2

1701563489_Screenshot(23).png.b3604e93e76047937e89c6470ed9ba46.png

Cheers @Rhaegon - It's under review. 

15 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Cheers @Rhaegon - It's under review. 

Thanks. I'm sorry for posting this here but can you have someone take a look at these too? Posted this on the forum but haven't got any replies yet. Some of the database are outdated and they're going to be changes regarding the teams in the Malaysian league. For the first issue, which is about the latest feeder teams in the league, I've attached the official statements from the league organisers. 

https://www.malaysianfootballleague.com/portal/news-details?id=329&fbclid=IwAR2CuScnqeK13ueMPHTgancgrsNW3vssWN_SepOAVgY7UVbfbCY8v_u32ag

Thanks for your help 🙏🏻 There’re a lot of changes made to the league for the upcoming season, with new teams being added into the league. Just hoping that they’ll be in the game. Maybe in the winter update. I will be making a DB for confirmed transfer changes when the league transfer window opens next month. Is there any place where I can submit those? I have began submitting those changes to the sortitoutsi website as teams in the league have started their preseason now. 

15 hours ago, Christopher Lewis said:

I'm sure the HR is aware of these changes but I'll raise it with the research guys too. Thanks. 

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 05:47, Rhaegon said:

Thanks for your help 🙏🏻 There’re a lot of changes made to the league for the upcoming season, with new teams being added into the league. Just hoping that they’ll be in the game. Maybe in the winter update. I will be making a DB for confirmed transfer changes when the league transfer window opens next month. Is there any place where I can submit those? I have began submitting those changes to the sortitoutsi website as teams in the league have started their preseason now. 

Some stuff will hopefully make the Winter update. If you'd like to share Editor content we do have an "editors hideaway" section of the forum. 

Posted (edited)

I'm managing Johor Darul Ta'zim and our 'B Team' (for want of a better description) has just been drawn in the same Piala Malaysia group as me. 

I realise that the rules only stipulate that they can't both be in the same division in the Astro Liga Super Malaysia, but doesn't this apply for other competitions as well? This feels like a conflict of interests. 

image.thumb.png.bbafc045a70bb600c31ed04a555b6f86.png

image.png.83c916c1f9cc177b2713ba945d83f2d5.png

Save game file is called "Bry - 2nd Team in Same Group.fm" and starts on 28th May. The draw for the cup competition takes place on 31st May.

Edited by Bry

7 hours ago, Bry said:

I'm managing Johor Darul Ta'zim and our 'B Team' (for want of a better description) has just been drawn in the same Piala Malaysia group as me. 

I realise that the rules only stipulate that they can't both be in the same division in the Astro Liga Super Malaysia, but doesn't this apply for other competitions as well? This feels like a conflict of interests. 

image.thumb.png.bbafc045a70bb600c31ed04a555b6f86.png

image.png.83c916c1f9cc177b2713ba945d83f2d5.png

Save game file is called "Bry - 2nd Team in Same Group.fm" and starts on 28th May. The draw for the cup competition takes place on 31st May.

Thanks, this will be one we will need to check with the head researcher.  It isn't unprecedented for B teams to play their parent club in cup competitions in FM (or I should imagine real life!) but I'll log it and see.  Cheers!

Posted (edited)
On 10/12/2019 at 15:27, Rhaegon said:

Thanks. I'm sorry for posting this here but can you have someone take a look at these too? Posted this on the forum but haven't got any replies yet. Some of the database are outdated and they're going to be changes regarding the teams in the Malaysian league. For the first issue, which is about the latest feeder teams in the league, I've attached the official statements from the league organisers. 

https://www.malaysianfootballleague.com/portal/news-details?id=329&fbclid=IwAR2CuScnqeK13ueMPHTgancgrsNW3vssWN_SepOAVgY7UVbfbCY8v_u32ag

I concur with the amendments proposed by @Rhaegon regarding player positions. It pains me to see Firdaus Saiyadi playing in center midfield :D

Edited by Khael Malik

1 hour ago, Khael Malik said:

I concur with the amendments proposed by @Rhaegon regarding player positions. It pains me to see Firdaus Saiyadi playing in center midfield :D

This is a data issue and nothing to do with this area of the forum!  Please post about this in the Malaysia data bugs thread.  Thanks :)