Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Spain] (Official) League Specific Issues

On 01/01/2020 at 18:06, andremengao said:

Hello guys, could you please check?

Playing with Deportivo, in second division. 

1) B players were in holiday in mid December, so could not be selected for Copa del Rey first round. In real life they were. Maybe it is related only to b teams not in active leagues (third division in this case).

2) I could register B team players only during the first transfer window. Some months later or even now during January window, the option is gone, and it not seems related to any staff responsibility change.

3) I've been reporting this for two years and not corrected till now. Under 25 goalkeepers, registered for B teams shall be able to play for A team. All other positions U23, ok.

Waiting for your thoughts on this.

Many thanks and kind regards.

Hello @Freddie Sands and @Christopher Lewis,

Any news about topic 2?

Thanks and regards

Hey, i have here a game which has probably a few bugs. The first one, the one related with this thread: I went to the Spanish Segunda División B just to see how promotion playoffs went and i saw there wasn´t any games despite regular league was finished. Acording to the program, they should be on semifinals right now...but nothing. As something that could be useful info, i´m currently managing in a league added when game was already running. I have uploaded the sabe onto the cloud. It´s name is:

Posiblebug_sweden.fm

The second posible bug is Swedish Cup. I´m afraid it won´t be scheduled. As i´ve search on internet, it should be running by the time i´m in the sabe but it doesn´t do it. 

For the third posible bug i´ll make an individual post. But i´m having a problem ive seen a few times here. Original players from teams are invisible and substitued by 16 year old regens.

I do not think that La Liga sorts by goal difference first. I think it is matches between teams. I am not sure how it deals with that many teams on the same points. Perhaps a mini league (like in the UCL if 3 teams have the same points). Check out the competition rules and it should tell you how it sorts teams on the same points.

Fair point, but there are four of us with 9 points and I have the best difference and did not play all of them yet :-)

En 8/2/2020 a las 21:38, vlada28 dijo:

Spain B squad registration bug: 3 months later - nothing changed.. Developers know about that bug, we reported it and a lot of us wrote that Spanish league is totally unplayable because of that problem.. But it seems developers don't care at all - there were 2 official updates in the meantime and of course - nothing.. Maybe patch 21.2 next year will fix this, but it will again be broken in 21.3?!? Very, very, very, very disrespectful.. Shame..

I'm with this user. I'm awaiting to play FM20 and start a Spanish league game since October, I haven't played FM20 yet, the only league currently i'm interested to play is Spanish, and I wan't to use B-team players... please, fix it...

Edited by aaubets

Glad I found out about this B team issue before going to Spain, having your B team dominate the second division was always the most fun in Spain!

On 17/11/2019 at 16:17, MAmelio said:

Hi, I'm playing as H Alicante in Segunda Division B, I finished my first season in the 3rd position, but no promotion playoff was scheduled after the league finished.

Hi! I've experienced exactly the same issue here: on my first season, same team (H. Alicante) and with the same position at the end of the regular league. So curious.

In my case, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the game. I'm not using any DB changes patch, just a real names fix and a logo pack (which doesn't run at all).

Anyway, as I've read several similar comments, it could be a general bug of the FM2020?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much!! :D

Now it's possible to change B-Team inscription. I don't try it, but the option to do it is the key...

Captura.JPG

On 21/02/2020 at 01:17, Masterfries26 said:

B teams fixed? anyone knows? ty.

Of course NOT! I can not believe, but they did (again) - NOTHING..

8 hours ago, aaubets said:

Thank you very much!! :D

Now it's possible to change B-Team inscription. I don't try it, but the option to do it is the key...

Captura.JPG

Are you joking?!? Just like SI games is joking with us.. They just added registration option in menu, but this option do - NOTHING.. What a joke, when you click registration button stupid game brings you to the squad page where you can pick players, but you can not register them.. Never gonna buy this piece of crap again (was doing this last 15 or more years).. Frustrating..

And the biggest joke is: whenever somebody in feedback thread writes about some stupid bug, they always say - no, please use bug section for this, bla, bla,, Why?? Writing in bug section will change nothing.. We are posting about b squad bug for more than 3 months, and they just don't care.. Disrespectful and shame..

En 23/2/2020 a las 3:00, vlada28 dijo:

Of course NOT! I can not believe, but they did (again) - NOTHING..

Are you joking?!? Just like SI games is joking with us.. They just added registration option in menu, but this option do - NOTHING.. What a joke, when you click registration button stupid game brings you to the squad page where you can pick players, but you can not register them.. Never gonna buy this piece of crap again (was doing this last 15 or more years).. Frustrating..

And the biggest joke is: whenever somebody in feedback thread writes about some stupid bug, they always say - no, please use bug section for this, bla, bla,, Why?? Writing in bug section will change nothing.. We are posting about b squad bug for more than 3 months, and they just don't care.. Disrespectful and shame..

It works for me... I started a new game with Celta Vigo, and the replacement of Iago Aspas (MPD) is somebody called J.Hernandez, from B-Team. At the start of the season it appears as non registered, I access to this menu section, selected an automatic registration, then goes to dorsal asignment, automatic asignment, and... voila! J.Hernandez with number 42.

I don't know why don't works for you... Good luck! :(

^ Lucky you.. I've been testing this (why me, they should have people for testing??), and it seems that you can register your B team (for example Barsa can, Atletico can, etc) because they are in playable league (Segunda B).. But, if you play Deportivo like me - Depor B team is in no playable league (Tercera) and this is NOT working (tried Leganes for example and the same situation)..

Summary - if your team is in playable league (at least Segunda B) - it is possible to register players.. If not: just some bad luck + SI unprofessionalism..

hace 17 minutos, vlada28 dijo:

^ Lucky you.. I've been testing this (why me, they should have people for testing??), and it seems that you can register your B team (for example Barsa can, Atletico can, etc) because they are in playable league (Segunda B).. But, if you play Deportivo like me - Depor B team is in no playable league (Tercera) and this is NOT working (tried Leganes for example and the same situation)..

Summary - if your team is in playable league (at least Segunda B) - it is possible to register players.. If not: just some bad luck + SI unprofessionalism..

Oh! Yes... Celta B is in Segunda B... It's an incomplete bug solution :( It's better than nothing, but don't solve all cases...

You tried with Tercera División patch from Steam Workshop (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1939532797)? it would be a temporary workaround in your case...

Edited by aaubets

1 hour ago, vlada28 said:

1 hour ago, aaubets said:

Oh! Yes... Celta B is in Segunda B... It's an incomplete bug solution :( It's better than nothing, but don't solve all cases...

You tried with Tercera División patch from Steam Workshop (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1939532797)? it would be a temporary workaround in your case...

So tried Timo files and checked some teams including Leganes and Deportivo and it works,u can register the players.tho i agree that this is not the best solution. for example Deportivo and Leganes B teams.

103.thumb.png.10f2dce2c7ee285e428c6a20caae2319.png104.thumb.png.5be6c04ed47342992ea176e4a48aa2c2.png

Timo files can be found here:    https://community.sigames.com/topic/504270-fm20-2030-leagues-mega-pack-222-nations-3-other-compet-by-timo/

@aaubets, @Masterfries26: Thank you both! Gonna try this (bit it requires new save).. Or maybe I'll finish 1st season to see if Depor B is promoted from Tercera to Segunda B, maybe then will be possible to register players..

But of course, the solution is far from optimal.. For example, what if, just if, your B team has bad season and drops down from Segunda B toTercera? Then (probably) you will have same problem again, because you won't be able to register B players anymore..

Edited by vlada28

18 hours ago, vlada28 said:

Hi there, a solution couldn't be safely worked around the existing squad registration code to allow for registration in an inactive league. There has been a feature request logged to resolve this but I'm afraid it wasn't possible to solve within the existing squad registration framework.

^ It wasn't possible?!? Ok, but how it was possible before first patch (with this workaround)???

On 02/12/2019 at 18:40, Christopher Lewis said:

There's a workaround of Selecting Staff -> Coaching Team. This will then lead to the Registration being an option at the top of the screen. I've also asked for a link to B-Team registration to be added to the Dev centre menu. 

Hi everyone. There is a problem in FM20 that already occurred in the 19 edition. Inexplicably, you can see that a lot of players, stars inclued, appears in B teams. In the history of these players appears some seasons with the B team (with any match played). For exemple, you can find Messi in his last season that appears in Barcelona B in his history. In my game, Carvajal has a season with Castilla in the middle. Gentlemen of FM, this is not usual in Spain. Yes, in England, proffessional players play with U23 team, but not in spanish league (only young players as an exception, for exaple the firs year of Vinicius or Rodrygo in Real Madrid). If a player has contrac with the first team (and more stars players) its impossible to go to B team, not even a training. This spoil the game, and before it didnt happen. Correct if you dont want to see Messi or Ramos with a brilliant career finished in Barcelona B or castilla, in 2B league.

On 25/02/2020 at 15:10, vlada28 said:

^ It wasn't possible?!? Ok, but how it was possible before first patch (with this workaround)???

Primarily because this was a UI exploit rather than intended functionality. Although it was functioning as a workaround, backdoor squad registration isn't necessarily safe (i.e. could potentially cause crashes/warnings long term if unchecked) and so couldn't reasonably be left in as untested functionality effectively in favour of fixing the existing UI bug.

^ Ok.. I'll pretend to understand, but: intended functionality is to be able to register B squad players and use them for 1st squad (doesn't matter what is b team division).. And, it was working and was fully functional in FM2019 and earlier.. So it is a bug! Plus, we reported that bug almost 4 months ago.. When this bug will be fixed?? No need to answer, I already know - never.. Intentionally, or unintentionally..

hi. anyone else having problems hiring staff for U19 and B team ? minimum wage is 15k € p/m ?! - is this a general rule for Spain ? 1st time playing this league in FM 2020.

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 15:17, Sleepless said:

hi. anyone else having problems hiring staff for U19 and B team ? minimum wage is 15k € p/m ?! - is this a general rule for Spain ? 1st time playing this league in FM 2020.

Hey @Sleepless - I believe this issue is being looked at by the contracts and transfer teams. Thanks. 

People have mentioned staff hiring/registration problems for U19/B teams but what they didn't mention is the extent of the problem. Here's what I've found after starting a save with Espanyol:

1. You lose the "Registration" button for the U19/B team tab once you switch to that tab.

https://i.imgur.com/neCr0RM.png

2. B team's button for coaches allowed/coach wages/place advert is missing.

https://i.imgur.com/MDwhdkr.png

3. You can still hire staff for B team via staff search. But staff hired via this way don't appear in coach training assignments and are thus useless.

4. You can fire B team staff you started with, but those that are already fired still appear in staff responsibilities.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with Spanish League B teams.

8 hours ago, Protein Bar said:

People have mentioned staff hiring/registration problems for U19/B teams but what they didn't mention is the extent of the problem. Here's what I've found after starting a save with Espanyol:

1. You lose the "Registration" button for the U19/B team tab once you switch to that tab.

3. You can still hire staff for B team via staff search. But staff hired via this way don't appear in coach training assignments and are thus useless.

4. You can fire B team staff you started with, but those that are already fired still appear in staff responsibilities.

Thanks for raising these - issues 1 and 2 are under review internally, and issue 3 I have now logged for review. They seem to affect all B Clubs generically, not only Spanish ones in game.

I couldn't reproduce issue 4 however, fired staff at B Clubs still disappeared correctly from staff responsibilities. Do you have a specific save with steps to reproduce the bug from perchance? If so, could you upload it to our cloud service please? Thanks

17 hours ago, Protein Bar said:

I adore your enthusiasm!! I (plus some other members) was writing about b squad bugs 4 months ago, and they never fixed anything, but ok, do that - there must be some hope for FM2034, or later..

@aaubets, @Masterfries26 and other: of course, I was right - I assumed that I'll be able to register my b players if Depor B is promoted from Tercera to Segunda B.. But, how to know which team will be promoted (because they are NOT playing any games)?? Once again, I assumed that this is totally RANDOM calculation, and I was right once again, but - nobody from SI will NOT tell you when this random calculation is done? So, started from end of the season (all players are on vacation, including b team), and I've done some 100 save/loads, and eventually, in one of those saves - woohoooo, Depor B is promoted!! Then I WAS able to register my b players, etc, etc.. Beautiful, what else! But after 17 years, it was the very last time to spend money on this crap..

17 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Thanks for raising these - issues 1 and 2 are under review internally, and issue 3 I have now logged for review. They seem to affect all B Clubs generically, not only Spanish ones in game.

I couldn't reproduce issue 4 however, fired staff at B Clubs still disappeared correctly from staff responsibilities. Do you have a specific save with steps to reproduce the bug from perchance? If so, could you upload it to our cloud service please? Thanks

I started a save on Espanyol, and immediately mutually terminated the two B team staff members. As you can see the B team manager is still in charge of a few responsibilities like match day and training.

jUCzbPg.png

8 hours ago, vlada28 said:

I adore your enthusiasm!! I (plus some other members) was writing about b squad bugs 4 months ago, and they never fixed anything, but ok, do that - there must be some hope for FM2034, or later..

@aaubets, @Masterfries26 and other: of course, I was right - I assumed that I'll be able to register my b players if Depor B is promoted from Tercera to Segunda B.. But, how to know which team will be promoted (because they are NOT playing any games)?? Once again, I assumed that this is totally RANDOM calculation, and I was right once again, but - nobody from SI will NOT tell you when this random calculation is done? So, started from end of the season (all players are on vacation, including b team), and I've done some 100 save/loads, and eventually, in one of those saves - woohoooo, Depor B is promoted!! Then I WAS able to register my b players, etc, etc.. Beautiful, what else! But after 17 years, it was the very last time to spend money on this crap..

I know that feeling! Some weird bugs and quirks persist through multiple annual installments.

On 13/03/2020 at 06:28, Protein Bar said:

I started a save on Espanyol, and immediately mutually terminated the two B team staff members. As you can see the B team manager is still in charge of a few responsibilities like match day and training.

jUCzbPg.png

I've logged this for the relevant coder to take a look. Cheers. 

Almost whole squad went on holiday before promotion play-off ended in Spanish 3rd division.

Now my season is messed up because of this.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hey @HarryFonda - Could you please upload a save game from before the players go away on a break? I had a go at repeating this in my save and the whole squad just didn't go on a break for me. Thanks.  

Posted (edited)

Having an issue with league money, after first season i wasnt given any and i finished 3rd in top division. i am currently on july 1st so safe to assume it should have been awarded by now. 

disregard, just found out they dont award cash for where you finish in standing, my bad. Was my first time managing a team in spain

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

Not sure if this is the right place, or if there is a topic just for the Spanish Cup (I couldn't find it). I'm in my tenth year, I've gotten to the Spanish Cup semi-final but the second leg is being played during the March international break. Surely this is a bug.

image.png

On 21/05/2020 at 18:22, The J-Man said:

Not sure if this is the right place, or if there is a topic just for the Spanish Cup (I couldn't find it). I'm in my tenth year, I've gotten to the Spanish Cup semi-final but the second leg is being played during the March international break. Surely this is a bug.

image.png

Do you have a save that you could provide us just before these players get called up for international duty? If so, could you please upload it to the SI Cloud server. Thank you very much.

What does this mean? Can somebody explain????

Real Madrid are already in the top divison

Are they still receiving the 50M€?

743865820_DesktopScreenshot2020_05.30-22_02_45_08.thumb.png.44e0e144f7f02b38d73bc2ecd74ce7ec.png

On 30/05/2020 at 22:27, Branquinho1997 said:

What does this mean? Can somebody explain????

Real Madrid are already in the top divison

Are they still receiving the 50M€?

743865820_DesktopScreenshot2020_05.30-22_02_45_08.thumb.png.44e0e144f7f02b38d73bc2ecd74ce7ec.png

This would be a payment which is received on the condition that they are in the First Division. This payment would be cancelled if for some inexplicable reason Madrid get relegated from the top division.

27 minutos atrás, Sebastian Szlenkier disse:

This would be a payment which is received on the condition that they are in the First Division. This payment would be cancelled if for some inexplicable reason Madrid get relegated from the top division.

I see and understand now , thanks :thup:

Posted (edited)

There is no prize money for winning the spanish league ? I'm using sevilla and manage to win the league but didn't get any prize money.

Edited by mal14gun

Spanish prize money works slightly differently, where it is more based on sponsorship income than it is on final positional standings. If you received some money during the season from the league for sponsorship and TV rights, this is working as intended.

I am level on points with Getafe and have had a 0-0 draw and beat them 2-1 in the League but am still below them in the League table

Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 08.59.49.png

Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 09.01.03.png

On 19/07/2020 at 09:02, drexel75 said:

I am level on points with Getafe and have had a 0-0 draw and beat them 2-1 in the League but am still below them in the League table

Osasuna being on the same number of points as you and Getafe means that the head-to-head comparison is between all three teams. So there will effectively be a head-to-head mini table made of the results between all three teams that ranks the teams in the overall league table.

Playing Segunda Division B and playoff round count as regular competition matches by player stats. I have the same problem by the playoffs in Dutch Eredivisie or Keuken Kampioen divisie. Playoffs are extra matches not regular league matches.

1 hour ago, Weerd1989 said:

Playing Segunda Division B and playoff round count as regular competition matches by player stats. I have the same problem by the playoffs in Dutch Eredivisie or Keuken Kampioen divisie. Playoffs are extra matches not regular league matches.

This is intentional on the individual player screens (Reports/History), it's split purely into competitions and not further sub-divided into stages to avoid cluttering the screen (and my understanding is that it helps with data storage if it isn't further split up).

On 21/07/2020 at 16:20, Freddie Sands said:

This is intentional on the individual player screens (Reports/History), it's split purely into competitions and not further sub-divided into stages to avoid cluttering the screen (and my understanding is that it helps with data storage if it isn't further split up).

I understand but when i look at player history by played games every season than some players played 42 matches instead of 38 in regular season. So they count also the play offs by the regular season. In real life those matches dont count by player history.