Sports Interactive Community
Freddie Sands

[Sweden] (Official) League Specific Issues

Please post any specific issues for Sweden competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Sweden should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Some early observations:

All reserve (u21) division broke after the first 2 seasons, no new fixtures got created for the 2021 season. Prem/Elit and division 1 both affected. Here is AIK Reserves with only a handful of friendlies played for the entire 2021. 

I suspect my save file will be useless for you since I guess you need one before the new season is created which I don't have. 

The regional placement for Division 1 is a bit strange again. For 2020 season, Utsikten (Göteborg) and Oskarshamn got placed in the north division while Frej (Stockholm) got placed in the south.

Div 1 North   Div 1 South

And of course the schedule is still crap in Allsvenskan as it's been for the last 5+ years of FM or so. Unnecessary long international breaks and non optimized playing dates leads to heavy congestion towards the end of the season. (League should start 1 week earlier, summer break seems too long and no midweek games should be scheduled for july-august. Will probably be an even bigger issue this year since I believe more European quali games will be played with the new tourney as Swedish teams should go further. Here's how the schedule looks if a team reaches european group stages through the qualies.

11 hours ago, svettot said:

Some early observations:

All reserve (u21) division broke after the first 2 seasons, no new fixtures got created for the 2021 season. Prem/Elit and division 1 both affected. Here is AIK Reserves with only a handful of friendlies played for the entire 2021. 

I suspect my save file will be useless for you since I guess you need one before the new season is created which I don't have. 

The regional placement for Division 1 is a bit strange again. For 2020 season, Utsikten (Göteborg) and Oskarshamn got placed in the north division while Frej (Stockholm) got placed in the south.

Div 1 North   Div 1 South

And of course the schedule is still crap in Allsvenskan as it's been for the last 5+ years of FM or so. Unnecessary long international breaks and non optimized playing dates leads to heavy congestion towards the end of the season. (League should start 1 week earlier, summer break seems too long and no midweek games should be scheduled for july-august. Will probably be an even bigger issue this year since I believe more European quali games will be played with the new tourney as Swedish teams should go further. Here's how the schedule looks if a team reaches european group stages through the qualies.

We're aware of the U21 issue and we're hoping to have this corrected for release. 

Do you have the save file with the odd regional alignment? A save at any point will do really, just one that has the teams in the wrong league so I can show the coder that it isn't correct. Thanks. 

Pedrosa (BAL) is Brazilian and Brazilian only.

36d1bcbc95ad72938b68a04869f2774e.png

4f132f09b7cdec68b98f9edf79b374b4.png

I signed him during the 1st season of the save after a suggestion from my DoF and though nothing about it. He's been one of our better defenders and I have been quite happy with him. I want to keep him at the club so I offered him a new contract, (as I have done the last 2 seasons), and I was surprised to see that because he is a non-EU resident, I can't sign him. Well how come I was able to sign him in 2019 and then offer him another contract in 2020 then? 

ea78467cea5f6ad0daf7bc26a1532779.png

This sounds like another bug I think. 

I downloaded an update before playing yesterday, so maybe this was a fix that was wrong at the start and is correct now? Anyway, will have a look in the Bugs Forum and report it if I can'see it mentioned. 

[Edit]

This is a bit contradictory. 

Teams are not allowed to sign non-EU players. 

Maximum 1-year contract length for non-EU players. 

Well which one is it? :idiot:

48296eb2ef31f2dbc4b4ba5dbd2746f1.png

On 05/11/2019 at 16:00, Christopher Lewis said:

We're aware of the U21 issue and we're hoping to have this corrected for release. 

Do you have the save file with the odd regional alignment? A save at any point will do really, just one that has the teams in the wrong league so I can show the coder that it isn't correct. Thanks. 

Hi, I have uploaded the save as "swe division 1 alignment issue". Frej in South division in both 2020 and 2021. There's probably 5 or 6 teams in the north division that should have priority over them to be moved to the south div. And there should be zero chance of Lund or a Gothenburg based team to end up in the north div in real life. 

Also another issue. The relegation playoff from division 2 has never existed in the format that's in the game. Think I have reported on this before aswell in previous years. How it works in real life:

"Lag 2 i division 3 spelade under perioden 5-13/10 kvalomgång 1 parvis mot övriga lag 2 i division 3. De sex segrande lagen kommer 19-27/10 att spela kvalomgång 2 parvis mot de på tolfte plats placerade lagen i division 2 om sex platser i division 2."

English: "The second placed team in division 3 played during the period 5-13/10 qualifier 1 in pairs against other second placed teams in division 3. The six winning teams will play qualifier 2 during 19-27/10 in pairs against the twelfth placed teams in division 2 for six places in division 2." (These games should be regionalized double header games)

Source (Swedish): https://www.svenskfotboll.se/serier-cuper/ovriga-serier/kval/ More details with the regionalized fixed draw: https://www.svenskfotboll.se/globalassets/dokument/tavlingsdokument/gruppindelningar-och-spelordningar-for-kvalspelet-2019.pdf

On 06/11/2019 at 19:38, Jimbokav1971 said:

I signed him during the 1st season of the save after a suggestion from my DoF and though nothing about it. He's been one of our better defenders and I have been quite happy with him. I want to keep him at the club so I offered him a new contract, (as I have done the last 2 seasons), and I was surprised to see that because he is a non-EU resident, I can't sign him. Well how come I was able to sign him in 2019 and then offer him another contract in 2020 then? 

I downloaded an update before playing yesterday, so maybe this was a fix that was wrong at the start and is correct now? Anyway, will have a look in the Bugs Forum and report it if I can'see it mentioned. 

[Edit]

I don't think that non-eu signing rule actually exist. I don't have any source of it but by just browsing through all the div 2 sides pretty much half of them have at least one non eu player. Some teams have 5+. If they aren't allow to sign them how would they end up there then? And I know there's a local team where I live that got like half the team full of New Zeelanders. (Torslanda IK) All joined them while playing in division 2. 

Not sure if it goes here or in another bug forum specific to Steam achievements, but I'm playing in Sweden and won the league and Swedish Cup in the first season but did not get the Steam achievements for "Cup Glory!" or "Do the Double"

Edit: Got it in season 2.

Edited by CMU Chips

On 06/11/2019 at 18:38, Jimbokav1971 said:

[Edit]

8 hours ago, svettot said:

I don't think that non-eu signing rule actually exist. I don't have any source of it but by just browsing through all the div 2 sides pretty much half of them have at least one non eu player. Some teams have 5+. If they aren't allow to sign them how would they end up there then? And I know there's a local team where I live that got like half the team full of New Zeelanders. (Torslanda IK) All joined them while playing in division 2. 

I should add that when I tried to offer him a 1 year contract yesterday there was no issue and I was able to sign him on for another year.

It seems to work at some times but not at others. 

14 hours ago, CMU Chips said:

Not sure if it goes here or in another bug forum specific to Steam achievements, but I'm playing in Sweden and won the league and Swedish Cup in the first season but did not get the Steam achievements for "Cup Glory!" or "Do the Double"

Edit: Got it in season 2.

I'd raise this in this forum - they'll be the team best suited to help with the achievement problems.  https://community.sigames.com/forum/721-create-a-club-fantasy-draft-onlinenetwork-games-workshop-dlc-and-social-logins/

6 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I think the HR has requested that Maximum 1 year contract length rule is being removed. 

Hi,

I was taked to Gauthiod and begin with them but after two years I didn't participate to the swedish cup. :///

On 05/11/2019 at 03:39, svettot said:

Thank you so much for pointing this issue ! I desperately hope it will be fixed some day, it ruins so many seasons and careers when you play in Sweden... 

Another point that I did not mentioned in my previous post: the "early pre-season" date  should be changed to January 20-25th when starting a new save in Allsvenskan. It is currently on February 4th and you cannot play the first friendlies because of that.

20 hours ago, Gdj said:

Another point that I did not mentioned in my previous post: the "early pre-season" date  should be changed to January 20-25th when starting a new save in Allsvenskan. It is currently on February 4th and you cannot play the first friendlies because of that.

I've added this comment to an outstanding Swedish scheduling start date issue. 

On 12/11/2019 at 00:59, pikaciell said:

Hi,

I was taked to Gauthiod and begin with them but after two years I didn't participate to the swedish cup. :///

Not all clubs at that level play in the Cup. You have to finish in the top however many to gain entry. There are only a certain number of places available. 

Swedish Rookie All Star game

There are a few problems with this it seems. 

I was playing in Swedish First Division South, so there was no surprise when I was asked to manage the All Star South team.

The problems started when I noticed that my club players were actually playing for All Star North. 

Then it seems that I was managing both teams. 

Additionally the squad selection for this one-off game seemed very awkward and I don't think it likely that you designed it like that. 

The game took place on 18th Nov 2026. 

bb71fdcad5527689f34e6b3b501b9c9e.png

The last save I have is 4th Nov 2026. I have also saved now, on the day of the game, (after the game). 

I have uploaded the following saves. 

dcdeb6c076740be32d9b5140c456795d.png

ps. I appreciate that this is not as high priority as some of the other stuff you look at

21 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Swedish Rookie All Star game

There are a few problems with this it seems. 

I was playing in Swedish First Division South, so there was no surprise when I was asked to manage the All Star South team.

The problems started when I noticed that my club players were actually playing for All Star North. 

Then it seems that I was managing both teams. 

Additionally the squad selection for this one-off game seemed very awkward and I don't think it likely that you designed it like that. 

The game took place on 18th Nov 2026. 

bb71fdcad5527689f34e6b3b501b9c9e.png

The last save I have is 4th Nov 2026. I have also saved now, on the day of the game, (after the game). 

I have uploaded the following saves. 

dcdeb6c076740be32d9b5140c456795d.png

ps. I appreciate that this is not as high priority as some of the other stuff you look at

Hey @Jimbokav1971 - thanks for raising these points - I've logged them onto our system. The issue with the user managing both teams is definitely something we'll be looking to address as it seems the type of problem that could potentially lead to crashes.

In my FM20 save there is 1400 swedish players. 206 of the players don´t even have "basic knowledge" in english. I´m from Sweden and in Sweden 99 % of the people under 40 have atleast basic knowledge in english and most of us even good. In the forum I have read that this problem applies to all Scandinavian countries.

Skärmavbild 2019-12-05 kl. 21.26.49.png

On 05/12/2019 at 20:34, pontaruff said:

In my FM20 save there is 1400 swedish players. 206 of the players don´t even have "basic knowledge" in english. I´m from Sweden and in Sweden 99 % of the people under 40 have atleast basic knowledge in english and most of us even good. In the forum I have read that this problem applies to all Scandinavian countries.

Skärmavbild 2019-12-05 kl. 21.26.49.png

Hey again @pontaruff - This is under review. 

Can you confirm the loan rules for Sweden Div One (Sodra) the current rules state that  'maximum if 1 player on loan per match from each affiliate where players go on loan and vice versa' - making it sound that you cannot loan any players in unless they are from an affiliate and only 1 of these is allowed in the match day squad.

I have just managed to loan 3 players (One 26 year old Bosnian Goalkeeper, One 25 year old Swedish Goalkeeper and one 35 year old Swedish Striker) non of which where from an affiliate as my club does not have one but from player searching.  I have managed to play all 3 in a Div One League game.  

Can you advise if the rules stated in the screen are incorrect and if this is an error or if there is a bug and these players should not be able to be loaned and played in the team for the matches.

Division 1 Södra_ Rules.png

Tvååkers IF_ Players.png

I have big concerns over the league schedule when participating in Europa league or Champions league. It seems like the Swedish league is programmed to end before October ends which results in several games are being played with only 1 day of rest. I'm currently in the year of 2024 and the league schedule has never gone past October. IRL in 2018 the last match day was on the 11 of November and in 2019 the 2 November. It would be nice with a more flexible schedule when participating in europeans competitions. 

On 11/02/2020 at 16:44, CharlesJohnsson said:

I have big concerns over the league schedule when participating in Europa league or Champions league. It seems like the Swedish league is programmed to end before October ends which results in several games are being played with only 1 day of rest. I'm currently in the year of 2024 and the league schedule has never gone past October. IRL in 2018 the last match day was on the 11 of November and in 2019 the 2 November. It would be nice with a more flexible schedule when participating in europeans competitions. 

This occurs because we used them most recent season (the November 2nd season) from real life as the base dates for the game to use. So the equivalent Saturday to 2nd November 2019 is used for future seasons (which generally falls inside October).

On 14/02/2020 at 15:38, Freddie Sands said:

This occurs because we used them most recent season (the November 2nd season) from real life as the base dates for the game to use. So the equivalent Saturday to 2nd November 2019 is used for future seasons (which generally falls inside October).

Thanks for answering.

In future updates or games it would be nice with a more dynamic schedule.  Playing 6-7 games with 1 day of rest in the span of 3-4 weeks is not realistic at all, especially when you're in a title race. 

I´m playing in Division 1 in sweden but was not selected for the Swedish Cup. However, two teams from division 4 and 2 was selected from the same region (stockholm). Last season I played in Division 2, then I was not selected to the Swedish Cup either. Must be something wrong here.  

2 hours ago, FMJohan said:

I´m playing in Division 1 in sweden but was not selected for the Swedish Cup. However, two teams from division 4 and 2 was selected from the same region (stockholm). Last season I played in Division 2, then I was not selected to the Swedish Cup either. Must be something wrong here.  

Do you have a save file before the draw? This would be very useful when looking into this issue. If you have such a save file, could you please upload it to the SI Cloud server using the instructions below? Thanks.

On 05/11/2019 at 16:00, Christopher Lewis said:

Hi. Have this been sorted? 

In my save my u21 isint playing any league or cup games. And even if I tell my u21 manager to book a friendly every week he doesent do so.

My save is pretty old/long im at 2042. So hoping this can be fixed without starting new game.

Thanks.

On 03/04/2020 at 15:28, Puttelarre said:

Hi. Have this been sorted? 

In my save my u21 isint playing any league or cup games. And even if I tell my u21 manager to book a friendly every week he doesent do so.

My save is pretty old/long im at 2042. So hoping this can be fixed without starting new game.

Thanks.

Hi, this should be resolved for new save games created after the full release of the game. I'm afraid this has been unable to be resolved in existing saves.

To be sure, was your save game started on a Beta version build of the game? Thanks

On 06/04/2020 at 15:35, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, this should be resolved for new save games created after the full release of the game. I'm afraid this has been unable to be resolved in existing saves.

To be sure, was your save game started on a Beta version build of the game? Thanks

My save was created nov 3rd. Guessing that was on the beta? Are you sure  this cant be resolved in any way? Kinda sad to throw away a save ive commited so many hours/days in. No way to edit in a u21 league?

On 10/04/2020 at 17:40, Puttelarre said:

My save was created nov 3rd. Guessing that was on the beta? Are you sure  this cant be resolved in any way? Kinda sad to throw away a save ive commited so many hours/days in. No way to edit in a u21 league?

I'm afraid not, once a save is created the rule groups are set in stone.

Posted (edited)

In my save I have played with two teams. With the first team, the youth candidates were registered in a U19 league. With the second team, my reserves were registered in a U19 league, while my U19 team had no league.

Is this a known issue? Is it related to the U21 issue mentioned above?

Save created on 16/4, 20.4.0. 

Anteckning 2020-05-11 115826.png

image.thumb.png.4b7b23a4a4bf1c6dc331f6344e750c0b.png

Edited by noxion

36 minutes ago, noxion said:

In my save I have played with two teams. With the first team, the youth candidates were registered in a U19 league. With the second team, my reserves were registered in a U19 league, while my U19 team had no league.

Is this a known issue? Is it related to the U21 issue mentioned above?

Save created on 16/4, 20.4.0. 

Anteckning 2020-05-11 115826.png

image.thumb.png.4b7b23a4a4bf1c6dc331f6344e750c0b.png

This could very well be the same issue. Did you start your save file on the beta version of the game?

Could you please upload your save to the SI Cloud server and we will take a look at it there. Thank you very much.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This could very well be the same issue. Did you start your save file on the beta version of the game?

Could you please upload your save to the SI Cloud server and we will take a look at it there. Thank you very much.

Uploaded, noxion_youth_bug.fm

As mentioned, this save was started on 20.4.0. Thank you for your help.

Edited by noxion

On 11/05/2020 at 13:18, noxion said:

Uploaded, noxion_youth_bug.fm

As mentioned, this save was started on 20.4.0. Thank you for your help.

This is now logged and under review, do you have any additional earlier saves for this? They may be very useful when looking into this issue. Ideally one just before when your reserves team starts playing in the u19 league.

It wasn't so difficult to replicate. I created a new game, all Swedish leagues loaded, started in March 2020. All leagues look fine at the start. Simmed until January.

Now, many of the reserve teams are missing a league, while several are registered un U19 divisions. Example:

image.thumb.png.415e682ebdec9c6033adfc660dadf2cc.png

See saved games uploaded as

Youth_league_test_Nov.fm
Youth_league_test_Dec.fm
Youth_league_test_Jan.fm

It seems like all the reserves that are in U19 divisions, are in Division 2. Maybe this can be helpful.

I just checked again, and it is reproducable every time. Every new season, reserve teams end up in U19-leagues. I have tried starting new games with the 20.1, 20.3, and 20.4 databases, and all have the same issue. I tried starting agame without Sweden as a loaded nation, anad adding it later; still the same issue. I tried loading just the top league of Sweden; same issue. 

Can you confirm if you are able to recreate this?

Please fix the Swedish cup so that the group draw makes sense. In the game teams are seemingly random placed into seeding groups between 1and 10 with different number of teams in it, which leads to groups where the first and second in Allsvenskan might end up in the same group. In reality it is very structured.

E.g. for the cup group stage 2020 the top 16 teams according to league finish in 2019 are placed according to below screenshot. The rest teams are randomly drawn into groups. If this is not possible, please at least make the seeding realistic, so that team 1-8 is in first seeding group, 9-16 in second and so on. 

162432889_Skarmavbild2020-05-24kl_13_37_49.thumb.png.aca8891467d27d7c7731863a8f7c8e40.png

On 24/05/2020 at 12:44, kennypavey said:

Please fix the Swedish cup so that the group draw makes sense. In the game teams are seemingly random placed into seeding groups between 1and 10 with different number of teams in it, which leads to groups where the first and second in Allsvenskan might end up in the same group. In reality it is very structured.

E.g. for the cup group stage 2020 the top 16 teams according to league finish in 2019 are placed according to below screenshot. The rest teams are randomly drawn into groups. If this is not possible, please at least make the seeding realistic, so that team 1-8 is in first seeding group, 9-16 in second and so on. 

162432889_Skarmavbild2020-05-24kl_13_37_49.thumb.png.aca8891467d27d7c7731863a8f7c8e40.png

Thank you for raising this. Do you have a source regarding this group structure?

On 26/05/2020 at 15:14, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thank you for raising this. Do you have a source regarding this group structure?

https://www.svenskfotboll.se/serier-cuper/svenska-cupen/tavlingsinformation/

and

https://www.svenskfotboll.se/49b26b/globalassets/dokumentdokumentblock/tavling/svenska-cupen.pdf (6.1 Omgång 3)

Other notable rules: The four best group winners are seeded in the draw for quarter finals.

Do you have an update on the issue with the reserve and youth leagues? Are you able to recreate this or is it just me?

On 29/05/2020 at 20:28, noxion said:

Do you have an update on the issue with the reserve and youth leagues? Are you able to recreate this or is it just me?

We have managed to recreate it and it is something which we are continuing to look into.

Summary:
I've noticed that the "Youth Candidates" of my team, now appear to have joined the youth league system and is playing games.

Description of the Issue:
Games appear in the calendar for "AIK Youth Candidates" long after the youth intake game is played and the youth intake trialists are gone. I cannot view the team, none of the players exist, it just plays youth games against other, "real u19" teams.

Steps to Reproduce:
I don't know how to reproduce it. Some strange things seemed to happen when shifting around if i have control over training the u19 myself or not, but was a long time ago that the youth intake was.

Here's the savefile on OneDrive, since it's too large to attach to the post. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlHNBFuK-fR6rih7WShB1b25SWEa?e=KHoxtB

I used sortitoutsis real name fix; https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/50426/fm2020-licensing-and-real-name-fix-file-v01-for-fm20-beta-awaiting-release, the exact version being this one; https://mega.nz/file/sYMHFaxI#DABeLcZ_TbIqzBjYFdsPmMA0TYEfd98G3Mjn7BKU6KY

I also attached the editor data that it contains.

editor data.zip

21 hours ago, BullDozzer said:

Summary:
I've noticed that the "Youth Candidates" of my team, now appear to have joined the youth league system and is playing games.

Description of the Issue:
Games appear in the calendar for "AIK Youth Candidates" long after the youth intake game is played and the youth intake trialists are gone. I cannot view the team, none of the players exist, it just plays youth games against other, "real u19" teams.

Steps to Reproduce:
I don't know how to reproduce it. Some strange things seemed to happen when shifting around if i have control over training the u19 myself or not, but was a long time ago that the youth intake was.

Here's the savefile on OneDrive, since it's too large to attach to the post. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlHNBFuK-fR6rih7WShB1b25SWEa?e=KHoxtB

I used sortitoutsis real name fix; https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/50426/fm2020-licensing-and-real-name-fix-file-v01-for-fm20-beta-awaiting-release, the exact version being this one; https://mega.nz/file/sYMHFaxI#DABeLcZ_TbIqzBjYFdsPmMA0TYEfd98G3Mjn7BKU6KY

I also attached the editor data that it contains.

editor data.zip 574.92 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much, this is an issue we're aware of and are looking into.

On 07/06/2020 at 15:14, BullDozzer said:

On 24/05/2020 at 12:44, kennypavey said:

After looking into this, this is something we have already in game. This will depend on when you started your save file, but this will be included in any save file that was started after the 20.3 update. 

On 08/06/2020 at 19:21, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

After looking into this, this is something we have already in game. This will depend on when you started your save file, but this will be included in any save file that was started after the 20.3 update. 

This doesn't seem to be working. 

I won the league in 2020:

image.thumb.png.e8fa62103136ac081b97b99629bf5749.png

So for the 2021 group stage I should get drawn in group 1 against the 16th ranked team, which I think would be the runner up from the second division:

image.png.6ce70c3fe078c37e86bc2c322b99e9e2.png

But I get this:

image.png.d4c7a80eae2c4faf4841cf103e72d120.png

So instead, I get the 6th and 10th team in my group.

14 hours ago, noxion said:

This doesn't seem to be working. 

I won the league in 2020:

image.thumb.png.e8fa62103136ac081b97b99629bf5749.png

So for the 2021 group stage I should get drawn in group 1 against the 16th ranked team, which I think would be the runner up from the second division:

image.png.6ce70c3fe078c37e86bc2c322b99e9e2.png

But I get this:

image.png.d4c7a80eae2c4faf4841cf103e72d120.png

So instead, I get the 6th and 10th team in my group.

We looked into this recently and it was working as intended. When was this save file started and was it after 20.3? Could you please upload the save file and we will take a look.

On 24/06/2020 at 11:34, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

We looked into this recently and it was working as intended. When was this save file started and was it after 20.3? Could you please upload the save file and we will take a look.

Started on 20.4.

We will take another look to see whether this is working as intended, thank you very much.